Reviews of Best Western Airport Inn 3 stars

8955 Daniels Parkway, Fort Myers, FL 33912, USA

#15 of 39 hotels in Fort Myers

upon check in in she didn't ask if i wanted a king or double bed.

staff was very friendly, bed was comfortable, only had coffee and it was very good.

The grounds were a bit messy, but mostly well kept. Certain areas needed attention....no dog waste bags at dog station so people didn't pick up after their dogs. My tv never worked the entire time...no signal. One person came by to fix it but couldn't get it working and never followed up...

The location was very convenient, the room was nice and the staff were friendly.

1.The property is dated 2. Poor and unkept landscape at front entrance 3. Bathroom in the suite was to small; unable to open bathroom door fully due to mounted circular shower short rod 4. The rooms did not look clean, bedskirts on were wrinkled wasn’t sure if clean

1. Front desk were very kind and accommodating 2. Location great

Stayed one day on each weekend. First night room smelled like sewer when we walked in, and first use of toilet it plugged. Did get plunger and seemed better. Second weekend got settled in and when went to take shower there was no hot water. Was told that this was a known problem in a few rooms that hadn't been able to fix. Next morning had to leave at three thirty for airport, handled the slightly warm water wash up, no lotion in dispenser. One elevator out of order, other with sign that there was a five person limited. Not comforting. Was told at desk we would be contacted to make it right. We will see. Overall two stays that were disappointing.

Breakfast was good, bed comfortable.

The in the room coffee was terrible. The bathroom ceiling light buzzed loudly. We usually leave the bathroom light on as nightlight, but couldn't this time because of the buzzing. Our room number 414 was on the fourth floor and we had no hot water until we ready to check out. This was a disappointment.

The morning breakfast was excellent. Great selections ! All very well prepared.

Had a couple of maintenance problem: loose toilet seat and drooping shower curtian rod. One call to the main desk; maintenance man so polite and got the job done. Breakfast buffet was well presented, eating area clean; staff friendly. Receptionist was most friendly and welcoming and made our stay pleasant.

Aircon unit poorly placed. No exhaust fan in shower/toilet. Shampoo dispenser not properly working resulting in my cutting myself, shower gel dispenser empty. Reported this to a very indifferent front desk.

I arrived late in the evening, I was greeted by the front desk staff-member. They checked me in and told me to enjoy my stay. No direction to were I could find the elevator was given or any additional info was given. Carrying an arm full of luggage, I opened the door to the room and closed the door closed behind me - the room was completely dark. No lights were on. That was a jarring feeling considering I was in a strange place. I put my things down..tried to turn the TV on but it wouldn’t work? I got closer to see if the plugs were all in and was meet by a roach! Because I was extremely tired from my trip and just needed a place to sleep because I had an early morning, I stayed. I will never stay at another Best Western, and I actually think because of my experience - this hotel was overpriced.

I liked the location of the hotel. I needed something near the interstate, so the location worked.

Outdated and the gym was terrible. They should just get rid of the gym honestly. No batteries in the tv remote. Treadmill faces a small boflex machine instead of a mirror, tv, window. All of those options would be better than running while staring at some dude awkardly doing cable curls. Also no sanitary whipes for the equipment.

Nice area close to the interstate, no shady people walking around or anything. The staff is very nice. The water pressure in our shower was AMAZING!

I didn't like that I had to check out of a crappy hotel from the night before when I could have stayed here!

Everything was very nice. Cleanliness is very important to me and I found everything to be very clean

Broken alarm clock, rocking toilet and sagging shower curtain rod (wouldn’t stay closed). Second day of no maid service we were told maybe they could do something. Girl’s softball team next to us that night wouldn’t quiet down for us but at 12:30 the desk finally stopped the noise. At early morning checkout we were asked for a phone number so the manager could call when she came in later. Three days and I’m still waiting.

Breakfast was satisfactory.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disabilty Access

Outside the entrance should be clean at all times, flower pots were empty in Jan. Feb, and now in March. I believe the entrance should be inviting. Inside lobby and eating area is great! Staff is wonderful!

Ridiculously mediocre for $300 per night - even in tourist season. The bed was awful and the shampoo dispenser was empty. I expected a lot more from a Best Western.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disabilty Access

Wake up call not not happen! We asked for one at checkin and I saw her write it in the book. I had set an alarm but a grievous mistake could have occurred for an early flight. Tv did not work was fixed but did not work after turned on a second time. Way overpriced for a basic room.

pool area was pleasant and restaurants nearby.

The hotel was quite dated but it was clean. I thought it was pricey for the facilities

The staff was wonderful. They accommodated our delivery of car at airport and picked me up, etc late at night.. very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was excellent and breakfast staff also was extremely friendly and kept things clean, etc as well as stocked fresh food, etc.

Tv kept resetting because channels wouldn’t download . And the pool closed at dusk . Couldn’t even relax with my husband in the hot tub after 7 pm on our anniversary

Printer did not work at business centre.

Nice, quiet place, welcoming staff, cosy lobby where breakfast is served. Snack machine on the floor. At the airport amazing VW Beetle, decorated with seashells - even this sight is enough to visit Fort Myers).

The housekeeping was extremely poor! During our 3 nights stay, the bathroom was never cleaned once, the shower gel nor hand soap was never replenished. Trash remained in the room even after placing them in bins. We had to dispose of garbage ourselves (receptionist aware) Beds not properly spread. Just really disappointed that housekeeping put a dampener on our stay.

The room size was good enough for 2 and the beds were fairly comfortable. Location was great!

Room seemed clean at first. In the morning in the light we found 3-4 sewing needles in the carpet, some angled up. Amazing we didn’t step on them. Told the desk and they made a note but were unconcerned. If you stay there use caution.

Close to the airport.

Absolutely Nothing.

Love, love, did I say love this place. Clean, friendly, courteous. This is a great place to stay. Well worth the money. Breakfast is great and Dunkin Donuts as well as Starbucks are just across the road. Central to shopping mall and Publix.

Toilet did not flush properly. We had to call maintenance to get the TV to work. Bed was too soft for us. Refrigerator fell out of cabinet when we tried to open the door.

Breakfast was okay. Room was clean

We were happy with our stay. There was nothing we didn't like.

Comfortable night after a very long flight. Shuttle bus came quickly when we called from the airport. Simple buffet breakfast with omelette and bacon, fruit, yogurt and a huge variety of cake and cereal. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

I had to leave

The hospitality I felt welcome the service was outstanding and the atmosphere was nice clean and quiet I will like to be a member if possible

We were staying two nights and no one bothered to clean our room after the first night. We found this out when we returned after a long day. Upon calling the front desk, we were informed they no longer straighten up beds but admitted that they should have emptied the trash and exchanged the towels on the bathroom floor for clean towels. We settled for getting clean towels brought up.

The bed was comfy and the room was clean when we arrived.

The staff were very friendly and helpful - It was the day before Irma was coming. The food was good, room very nice - but it was the staff that really made it a nice visit. Thank you all of them.

Coffee was just ok. Air conditioner very loud...sounded like a jet engine.

Bed and pillows were good, shower was ok. Breakfast was good. Lobby very nice, parking good, location near I-75 good. Staff very nice.

I booked this hotel for my son through booking.com and Best Western had no record of the reservation. Fortunately I had the confirmation in my phone and Best Western honored it, including the price. So, I was happy with the hotel but I probably won't book a hotel through booking.com again.

Even with the "non-slip" coating on the bottom, the bathtub was still rather slippery when I showered. Also, it would have been nice to have a 2nd waste can in the room. There was only one, by the sink, which filled up quickly when I cleaned out the traveling debris from my trip.

I chose this hotel because of it's proximity to the airport and the fact that it offered free shuttle service...which I absolutely needed. The overall comfort & cleanliness were outstanding. Loved the pillows!! And the extra chair and table in the room were a nice plus. Also, the room was very spacious...plenty of room to move around. Breakfast was very good, and staff very friendly. A nice surprise all around!

Lighting was dim in the room and in the hallway. The towels, wash cloths and hand towels were dingy. The place could use a serious upgrade.

Location and pool.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

The breakfast bar was a little bland and I felt it could have had more options. Like the yogurt only had one option, I couldn't eat due to my banana allergy.

I love the shower and hot water. I loved how cold the room got. And I loved the staff they were super nice and helpful. Overall the whole place was very clean. And not to mention your soap and shampoo dispensers I want one for my own place now.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Air conditioning very loud in our room which woke us up off and on through the night.

Shuttle pick-up from airport was prompt. Hotel new, clean. Staff friendly and welcoming. Pool sunny and clean. Buffet breakfast average but appreciated early early opening @ 06:00.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Big brown spot on carpet in my room 125. Room was in an area that was very loud for outside noises making sleep an issue.

Building overall was clean and accomodating

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Breakfast sausage patties were dry not edible. That was my only complaint - not too bad.

Hotel and room were very clean. Good value for the money, location was good as it was just off Daniel's Parkway.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

We really enjoyed the lady at the breakfast area. She was so sweet and helped us to choose where to go for attractions, shopping and especially Naples!

the walls were so thin, you could hear anything that was going on in the next room, down to the coffee maker boiling, not to mention tv or phones ringing. With that being said, the sink was actually in the room and not in the bathroom. I'll spare you the noises coming from the other room... Also the complimentary printers were out of ink.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disabilty Access

Arrived to the room and the TV was on. Very weird. The bathroom tub was also a 1/4 full as the stop prevented the leaky drippy faucet to drain properly.

Location from airport

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Shuttle service to and from airport very convenient and appreciated. Two Meatballs great recommendation! Got manicure while in area, also. Treats, candy, cold drink, cookies, nice touch as well.

Check in staff very friendly. Morning "man" at desk not so much so! Did report trouble with our hot water. Wonderful staff lady came to our rescue. The usual breakfast....nothing different. Awful coffee cups. Went to Dunkin Donuts for coffee.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Tiny bathroom, mediocre shower. Tired carpet on the bedroom floor. Breakfast was all plastic and paper plates and cups, clear away your own table after eating. This hotel was not bad but we felt that the nightly rate of $188 was much too high for this hotel. We stayed in a Newark airport hotel on our outward journey that was in the same category for $100 less!

All of the staff were very friendly and very helpful. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

In regards to the breakfast it was totally unedible. I cannot believe the rating this hotel received. Part of the reason we choose this type of facility is the continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Brkfst was incredible for a buffet style; great selection (REAL grits) Called me to make sure I was on the way; very accommodating to my late arrival

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

The TV didn't work, the manager and another staff member couldn't get a signal. No TVs were working. This is a big bummer when you need the weather or news.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Cold shower water for me and my daughter. Printer not working to print off boarding passes

Friendly staff, nice to have shuttle service to airport. Nice touch to have breakfast to go

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

I didn't like that the room had no supplies, the Maid didn't service the room, there were ANTS in the Room, the towel rack broke. The manager Sarah gave me a credit for $25 for the maid be late, but what about the time wasted, the ants, the supplies, and the inconvenience with two children under 10 and being a Widow on vacation seeing her family during a stressful time.

The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

TV was not working. Both washing machines broke. The printer was not working. I couldn't even get change from the desk because the money box couldn't be openned

Location. Breakfast choices

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

There was a nearly constant droning sound which seriously disturbed my sleep. My guess is that the droning noise came from the vibration created by the ice machine which telescoped through the floor. Some sort of dampening device (rubber padding) under the ice machine legs should eliminate that effect.

Facility was easy to find. The staff was courteous but I had to wait until 3:45 pm +/- for my room.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

The bed was comfortable, the breakfast was tasty and hot. I checked into the BW at 2:00 am and was kindly assisted by Robin. She was very kind and helpful towards a very tired traveler.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Pillows

Pillows were to big and hard. Went down to counter at 1:30am ask if they had a softer pillow staff checked and had only had one kind of pillow. She gave me a blanket in pillow case so I could at least have something to put under head. If you have neck problems you can not sleep on pillows a foot thick. Really should have different ones at least available if needed.Would bring my own but kinda hard to do when flying.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Front Desk staff are rude, One front desk staff has a pet cat which when I called down to front desk to get an additional blanket she told me to come down stairs there was a cat (i have asthma and i'm allergic to any pet dander) on my blanket she then told me she would not change the blanket because there weren't any more when i got up to my room the blanket was a fitted sheet

Location!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Some variety with the breakfast menu would have been great especially staying more than one night. But still pretty good.

Location was great. Across the road from a Publix which made getting some food and snacks easy. Starbucks and Dunkin right next door, walking distance to other places to eat. Microwave and fridge in room was a nice plus. HD TV was nice to have after a long day. Set back from the main road so it was quiet.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Breakfast wasn't great this time. But you can put together enough to hold you till lunch.

Beds are very comfortable, room is always clean and bright.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

The A/C in my room wasn't working properly and I arrived too late in the evening to have anyone look at it.

Conveniently located near the airport. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

My flight was delayed and the airport to hotel shuttle was no longer running. I had called the week before and was assured that the shuttle would be there for me. Not the case.

Everything except the shuttle service was wonderful, breakfast good, bed super comfy!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

I cannot say enough about the staff on this stay. We had to be dropped off early at the Best Western so the party we were traveling with could get to the airport. The girl (I wish I had gotten her name) made sure to accommodate us. She allowed us to put our bags in the office and let us hang out at the pool until our room was ready. She got a room room earlier than the 3pm check in time and even upgraded us to a suite. All of this with a smile. I'm was very pleased.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Room is warm at check-in as there has to be movement in the room for the air conditioner to kick on. Not a big deal in Oct to March, but in July and August it is sticky when you check in!

Love the beds and bedding. Have never stayed in a bad room.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

Ice machine working on our floor. Food at breakfast had become very sparse at 9:00, ie. no bacon, croissants. No or non-connected sidewalks to walk anywhere, ie restaurants.

Bed was worth mentioning.

Needed the trash picked up out front, trash in the pool and hot tub.

Beds are comfy, breakfast is good and rooms are clean

The room was very clean the girls at the front desk was very nice

Friendly and helpful staff members

Awesome staff..awesome place

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower

Rude. Blaming Booking.com for they’re incompetence of looking for reservations.

They kept blaming Booking.com for not finding reservation. I’ve used Booking.com for years and never ever had issues like this. Very disappointing!!

The running machine in the gym was broken. Reported it but couldn’t be fixed easily.

Nice rooms, good breakfast, free shuttle service within 2 miles.

Great breakfast and very close to the airport .

Friendly and nice gesture to offer breakfast grab and go bag since we left for the airport at 4:45am.coffee available at early hour was nice.

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Bonnie from Front Desk is awesome!!

I was quoted and misrepresented the price by 40%. I was quoted 108,00 and charged 140.00.

Location to where I was going was nice

Hearing front desk staff member moaning about guests

Clean and spacious. Unlimited coffee, tea and juice.

Despite having a reservation my room was given away and the staff was indifferent quoting it happens all the time .

Comfort of room was great.

Close to airport and highways. Free breakfast and a pool. Supermarket less than 5 mins.

Location to Hammond Field

The smell of the hotel.

Television problems. Clogged sink scratchy sheets. Overpriced!!!!

Breakfast was good

Price. Way overpriced for room style.

Breakfast was great.

The room had the smell of smoke and mildew

I liked the location of hotel