Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Oklahoma City Airport North 2 stars

2200 South Meridian Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73108, USA

#86 of 130 hotels in Oklahoma City

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Disappointing. It was nothing like the pictures.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Our room was next to the weight room and the ice machine was on the wall to our room. We could hear every time it dropped ice. The shower head was broken; no matter how you turned it you would get sprayed in the face with cold water even if the shower was on hot water. Our non smoking room smelled like smoke. The outlet by the bed was burnt, broken and hanging out of the wall. I chose a hotel with inside doors for safety reasons but the door that lead to the outside was directly across from our room and was broken. So much for safety. Anyone could walk in and the front desk would never know.

The property had plenty of parking. It was fairly cheap for the location.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

great price
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Well I reserved a disability room and didn't get it. There was one available when we checked in.

Coffee was good.. Food usually not done or 8t soggy. Fake eggs

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

OVERALL IT WAS GOOD ENOUGH I WILL BE BACK, MY KIDS HAVE BIG GROUP PARTIES FOR OU GAMES I LIVE THERE
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

STOPPER FOR THE TUB. AND NO PHONE TO CALL AND ASK TO SEND ONE.

THE BATHROOM HAD NO STOPPER FOR THE BATHTUB, AND IT WAS OKAY THE PHONE DID NOT WORK EITHER. BUT OVERALL GOOD. I WILL BE BACK;)

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

An ideal stop off from the 40, a very comfortable night.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

We like to be able to walk to a restaurant and Shorty Smalls did not offer too much choice.

A great choice for breakfast. Everywhere lovely and clean, bed so comfortable. Laundry facilities and shop selling essentials.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Very comfortable room and friendly staff.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed down, the alarm clock was preset for 1:30 am and I needed to get sleep for a 7:00 am meeting. But wasn’t a huge Inconvenience. The mini fridge made an awful sound every 15 minutes.

Staffs willingness to help with information and help with xtra blankets,towels ECT

good comfortable overnight stay near airport with friendly service and decent breakfast included
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

fresh fruits for breakfast not available, pool area not very welcoming

Bed was very comfortable and room ample spacious. easy desk space and good television signal.

Worth the money
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Had requested dairy free option for breakfast but that was not provided. It's unfortunate that the they didn't even consider the possibility that some of their customers may be allergic to dairy.

Well maintained rooms. Clean.

Friendly staff willing to go extra mile.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Smoking

There was nothing I wasn't happy with except there weren't any poolside rooms.

This was a great place to stay. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help with anything we needed, including letting us stay in our smoking room after being boked. The location was perfect for all the places we needed to travel to . The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was great. Will definitely be back.

the locks didnt work, paint chipping every where, not clean enough, smelled like smoke throughout the place.

My experience was terrible the room was spacious but it was not up to expectations. I was very disappointed my family and I were passing through. My 13 year old said it was the worst place and I agree locks didnt work not clean enough we left early. It was clean staf was fairly ok.

Got a good night's rest when we needed it. Staff was really friendly both at check-in and check-out.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have been better. The space was a bit cramped and there wasn't a huge selection of items.

Really comfortable bed and excellent shower head.

The bed was comfy!!
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The bathroom was not very nice. Tiles were cracked, the toilet kept running. Also, the entrance to the hotel smelled terrible. Housekeeping came and stripped the room while I went and ran an errand with my personal items still in there.

Comfortable bed. Room stayed cool.

A great weekend getaway
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Nice, safe location. Several good restaurants close by, close to interstate which made traveling convenient. Room was clean, staff was friendly, & breakfast was good! We would definitely stay here again.

Good valaue for the money.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I recommend staying on top floor. We could hear the people over us walking during night because floor squeeked a lot and kept waking us up. Breakfast was adequate not great.

Location was perfect. Staff nice and helpful. Clean.

I probably would not stay there again.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I found a hair in my bed. a random wash cloth was left in the bathroom when I arrived. The eggs were packaged,,so salty I couldn't eat them. The bath drain was clogged and the light in the bathroom didn't work. I had to use the heat lamp. The pictures on the ad make this place look much better than it is.

The guy at the front desk was very pleasant and very helpful.

Outdoor pool was closed

Friendly staff and easy to manage check-in. Was only in town for the OKC marathon was very welcoming and was awesome with a pep two as my wake up call :)

Definately stay here!

There were no negatives.

The owners were present. We were greeted whenever we entered. They were very organized and whatever we asked for was immediate. I appreciated the cleanliness. Rooms were quiet even though they were full. I really recommend.

It was relaxing and peaceful
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The food could've been better, biscuits we're hard. WiFi was kind of slow and the machines in the workout room didn't work.

The bed was lovely! The shower was amazing.

Rooms were clean and didn’t smell
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The housekeeping could of waited a second longer after knocking before they just opened the door. Happened more than once. They were opening the door 2 seconds after they knocked didn’t give you time to say anything.

Rooms were clean and didn’t smell

It was cozy comfy.

Tub looked grey and I couldn't take a bubble bath.Room needs Smart TV,and more professional repairs.

Comfy beds. Great breakfast. Nice workout room.

We stayed in non smoking rooms but they smelled liked smoke. I opted to change the bedding because of stains. No all the electrical and lighting worked.

Overall it was pretty good.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The bed was super firm... And our refrigerator made a horrid squeling sound so we had to unplug it.

they had ceiling fans. Which was awesome! I've never had that in a hotel room before.

Never again.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Power outlet. Hearing people walking, talking,baby crying while in my room. Those pics online are deceiving. the place is so old. I wanted to cancel when I walked in. Wi-Fi sucked big big time!

I liked they had some decent tv channels. The bed was decent.

It was ok.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The side door into building after checking in. It has a key lock but it doesn't work. I mean you do not have to have a key.

It was good. Could use a little update.

Room could be better lady at desk is best if all hotels I’ve stayed in I always feel welcome

Because I asked for smoking option I always get the room that smells so strong of smoke and where everything is broken same room and same rate as everyone else

The lady at the desk is always the very best

We called for early check in and was told we could do so I...
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

We called for early check in and was told we could do so I explained we would be there around 5:45 to 6:00 am and she said that was fine. When we arrived she stated the rooms are full and no early check in was available. We ended up getting another room at a different hotel costing us $75.00 just to sleep in for a while. Very upsetting.

Disappointing and Disgusting
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

There were a few thing s I was disappointed in. First of all, the pictures make the hotel look much neater and cleaner than it really is. The rooms and hallway had a smell that the older kids could only describe as old Taco Bell. Luckily, I carry Febreeze when I travel and made the room somewhat better. Secondly, they did not have a crib for the baby, yet it says they do on their website under amenities. The woman said they used to until someone broke them all and laughed. I didn't find it amusing, but more annoying. I even sent a note when booking online that I would need one, which someone could have contacted me and let me know they don't have them. Lastly and probably the worst was the fact that there was a used feminine pad in the tank of the toilet. The toilet in our room kept running which became annoying to me by about 2:30am so I went to see if I could make it stop running and then stopping and running and stopping. I lifted the top of the tank to find a used feminine hygiene pad stuck under the flap. I was completely disgusted when finding this obviously. I did take a picture to show someone at the front desk the next day. I was traveling with 11 family members (adults and kids) and in the morning we all had to get the shuttle to the airport so it was chaotic to say the least. When everyone was loading the shuttles and themselves, I was waiting at the front desk but no one was there o assist me. One of the staff that was cleaning the breakfast area asked if I needed to speak with someone and I said yes. She just looked past me to the desk and said they should be back soon. At this point I did not have time to wait anymore and had to leave without addressing my disgust and how unsatisfactory I found our stay was.

Leaving

It was excellent! 5 stars.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I don’t think I disliked anything at all. Everything went smoothly.

I liked the cleanliness of the room and how they got the room clean before we came back from a few hours out in the city. It was very quiet and relaxing. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

Read the part about what I didn’t like?
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The man who worked the weekend front desk & the maids...OMG They were so rude. I complained about how the room was dirty & the fan didn’t work, & he thought he knew what he was talking about. He jumped up on our chair in our room, asked one of the maids to hold the chair, while he checked out the fan. Hahahaha he fiddled with the cover then said that the chain wasn’t attached to the fan, that’s why it didn’t work. My husband works HVAC & he took the cover off & the wires weren’t even hooked up! Then there was a big stain on my side of the comforter. There were black stuff floating in the bath tub when my husband was trying to take a shower. Then someone decided it was a good idea to paint the tub, but the paint started chipping off. Looked as if no one cleared it. Then there was paint stains on the floor of the bathroom. Why didn’t they put down plastic before painting???? Such a nightmare. Then when the maid was told to clean the room, she had attitude!! If you don’t like your job, find another one....UGH!!!!!

The Night time Asian woman who worked the front desk. She was the only person who was friendly in this so called 4 Star hotel. Yeah right!!

The stay was great and the beds were comfortable.

There was stuff on our window, the view wasn't that great, there were smudges on our mirror, the lights didn't work that well, and one of the light switches didn't work in the bathroom.

The stay was great and the beds were comfortable.

Served my purpose of passing thru, I could stay there again
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Toilet may need some repairs

I did not eat breakfast. The bed was very high to get in, very comfortable though. Older decor but pretty clean. Room was right off the elevator. Staff was nice and friendly.

Comfort away from home
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The room was a suite and the last want but it was am identical room just priced higher. Not a suite deal. Lol

I like that my service dog is not charged.lobw love love the baby pancakes. We will b back

Had a pretty descent breakfast
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

We were still in the time frame of breakfast and the hotel breakfast lady started picking it all up while we were standing there making a plate. i can see not putting anything else out, but you should allow your guest to eat what is out. Pretty rude.

Had a pretty descent breakfast

Good nights stay. If had need would stay again.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

heating cooling system was dated and unit was not clean. Makes you think about quality of air in the room. There was an odor in the entry way between doors.

bed was very comfortable. had an early flight so did not eat breakfast.

Just what I needed. Quiet although it stormed . Bed and shower amazing couch super comfy. Breakfast

The luggage rack was leaking in a broken heap. The coffee pot teetered from side to side was missing part. I was told it wasn’t a regular smoking room but it was overwhelmed with old smoke .

Sweetest friendliest most helpful female clerk, love her! Brightened my day!

Staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. We were traveling in a Big moving truck pulling a trailer and we had no problem parking and the front desk clerk put us in an easy access room. It was perfect.

It was better than sleeping in my car. Not recommending to my friends

Toilet clogged Bathroom was dirty when we arrived Light was broken Rooms stunk, dryer sheets over vent was not effective Need for updates and repairs throughout hotel

Location to event Pool Waffles

The staff the guy we had was very sweet helpful .
    • Deluxe King Suite

They took couches out and changed while we were out of our room . Didn't really like the fact people were in our room without us there .

The staff the guy we had was very sweet helpful .. y'all are lucky to have him working for you !!

Not good
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The sink and bathtub was clogged. There was trash in the trash can and cookies Behind the bed. The breakfast was very good and the lady that works that area wasn’t very friendly.

The bed was the only good thing there.

it was okay
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The room assignment seemed for elderly people on first floor.. If you are considered that group but need the Wi-Fi than you are stucked with the neighbors Wi-Fi list with no password. I got to show the staff that the Wi-Fi didn't work and ask them where the router was so I can get a room with a working Wi-Fi.

The waffle was good and always gone, not replenished

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The rooms smelled, the toilets didn't work, they didn't keep the breakfast full, they didn't have smoke alarms that went off when there was a fire on the second floor. Worst experience ever. Don not stay here!!

Worst place
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Smoking

Very poor and overrated, rooms were dirty lamps flickered and didnt work. There was a fire in the building and nobody kr no alarm went off. Had to move rooms to tv not working in one other room microwave started smoking. So disappointed for the price

Left a lot to be desired.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The accommodations were old and smelled like stale cigarettes. The hotel needs significant renovation. Or maybe it would be cheaper to build a whole new one.

The location to the airport was good

The charge issue was a mess
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The room was decent, but I would not recommend it for 3 adults. The sofa bed was not comfortable. I has to ask for sheets for it as they didn't just realize that we would need them.

The waffle maker!

There was absolutely nothing to like about it.

We checked in to a dirty room. Did not get room service. There were things in the room that were obviously neglected. The lights flicked in the bathroom. A few of the light sockets did not work, some were falling out of the wall. The light fixture on one of the rooms was falling off and had a short in it.

There was absolutely nothing to like about it.

You get what you pay for.

The halls and majority of the property smelled like smoke. The beds were very high which made it a bit unsafe for toddlers.

The staff was friendly and welcoming.

Didn't do breakfast.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Didn't do breakfast. Didn't swim in pool. Spent most of our time away so view wasn't an issue. Fine facilities, great price, excellent service. Thanks.

Breakfast was good, would have been better uf the eggs wer...

Pet hair on the furniture and room smelled like lysol. No screen on the window.

Breakfast was good, would have been better uf the eggs wer fresh scrambled

The good, the bad, and the ugly.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The carpet was dirty. The pool is small. Some of the other guests were questionable characters. The room and hallway smelled like bleach.

The room size was nice for the price. Many parking spaces available. Staff was easy to work with at the front desk.

Smoky hallways
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Entire faculty was steeped in old cigarette smoke. The bed was poorly made with sheets only. No spread. Bathroom not properly cleaned. We didn't stay.

Ramanda rocks!
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The pool wasn't very clean😞

The gentleman that worked the front when I checked in was very accommodating and also I was allowed to check in early which was great after traveling all day!👍🏽

DISAPPOINTED!!! With the place.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Well all the pictures of the website were so pretty it looked like a newer property, the pool looked big, also the rooms. When we got there it was all the opposite, pool was the smallest and old pool I've ever seen. It looked as it was on construction around it. Te room was. It as spacious as it seemed on the website, breakfast area also was so small it only had if I'm not mistaken 6 tables that were put in a si small space. I wish I had taken pictures.

Beds were comfortable and la lady at the front desk was really helpful so nice and understanding. Friendly and made me feel welcome.

The woman at the front desk was rude the breakfast was not hot and they made me feel unwelcome
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The woman's staff was not friendly she had no concern on how comfortable we were she had a problem giving us extra towels and pillows the breakfast was not hot it was just barely warm I had to heat it up in the microwave and when I booked through booking.com it only told me my total price which was 122 for two nights it did not tell me I needed an extra $50 for them to hold so I had to use my card when I didn't want to I was there for my sons traveling baseball team and we should have been greeted properly and been comfortable also the room had a muggy Dusty smell

The beds were ok

Enjoyed stay, hopefully my points will earn me a few nights free very soon.

More towels for use.

The front desk evening lady was so friendly and had a sense of humor. Wish we would have known about the all day park pass before I booked room but stayed two nights anyways. Enjoyed our visit there. Need an awesome discount for as much as I stay at Wyndham Hotels.

Nice location, clean but the aggravation with the elevator and the absence of Internet

The elevator ( in the am was heavily used by house keepers) and because of that the waiting was log. Also no Wi-Fi (big inconvenience when traveling with teenagers) I found out that the service was available on the opposite side of our rooms location. The person who was at the front desk did not offer to change the locations of our rooms.

I've liked the room,cleanest, the pool area and the front desk personnel

Not the worst but definitely not the best
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I wanted so badly to like the room. At first glance, it looked like your average hotel room but on closer look we noticed how dirty the room was. Every towel had stains (looks like blood stains maybe) our sheets and pillow cases had numerous stains and markings, and there was a huge chunk of hair hanging from the ceiling (how it got there, I'm not sure but it was gross and uncomfortable). Lastly, at 2 am the fire alarm went off due to steam from cooking the next day's breakfast. The staff waa quick to turn it off but it shook us up quite a bit. I know that was out of their control but it is still worth being mentioned

The bed was comfortable and the lobby was welcoming and looked nice.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Ramada "Mad Max meets a dumpster full of old diapers" Edition
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Everything except checking out. First online review ever. The amenities I paid for didn't work and all I was told is they had nobody at night to fix. Cable not working. Dryer not working. Missing bed linens. Missing and stained bath linens. Fan was broken. Chair was broken. Ac unit was half broken and LOUD. ROOM WAS DIRTY SMELLED LIKE MOLDEW HAD BUGS. NO JOKE. Lamp by bed broken. Spent 4 hours drying half a load of laundry and still wet. All appliances were dirty outdated with substandard performance. The room literally was not the room I booked. When I comounted on everything but the mattress I was told they just replaced the mattresses. Thier policy is not to let guest get another room unless it's an emergency. You can check out and come back when the owner gets to work in the am. Per front desk. This hotel has no business using the RAMADA logo.

. Checking out and leaving.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Toilet in my sisters room was acting up.

I loved that they had eggs and sausage as well as biscuits and gravy, my sister is gluten free, so she could eat the eggs and sausage.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Don't Go!!!!
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

It is a worn out, shabby hotel. The lobby is small, but clean. The rooms are as bad as any cheap Motel 6 and I have pictures to prove it. Chipped wood work, holes in bathroom wall above shower, dirt around the towel cubicle...a lot of dirt.

NOTHING!!!!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Stay by the airport
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Very noisy. Could really hear the people in the next room. Breakfast was ok. Same eggs, sausage, and gravy. Maybe have some tortillas, grated cheese and some cubed ham and some salsa for something different to go with the eggs.

Beds were comfortable. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Good place for a good weekend in OKC.

No issues with this hotel. Good job.

Complementary breakfast was full and delicious. Good hotel with a good location near downtown and next to good restaurants.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Older hotel with clean rooms and friendly staff.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Smoking

Wifi was spotty throughout hotel and was unreachable in our room. Found two small candy wrappers on floor behind side table. Could hear neighbors blaring music and slamming doors at all hours.

Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. Clean linens, bathroom, floors, mini fridge, and microwave. Comfy beds and pillows.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Probably will never stay here again...
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

It was dirty...mold on the walls...tub was disgusting still had dirt in it walls in the bathroom had brown specs all over it by the toilet area....over all cleanliness was gross!!

Staff was super friendly room was big.

Would advise against
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Bathroom was dirty. Door had hole in it. Toilet barely worked. Shower was filthy and didn't even get warm. Hallways smelled bad. Location was kind of ghetto.

Not worth the money

Bathroom sink never turned off, sheets dirty,lamp was hanging out of the wall

Was not worth the money. The sheets were drained, lamp was hanging out of the wall

Nice, clean room for the price.

A/C-Heat unit in the room is Very noisy. Could use some work!

It was really nice to have a small sofa and coffee table in the room. And we wanted a smoking room, but it didn't even smell like a smoking room. Staff was very pleasant. Hotel was very quiet at night.

Breakfast was really convenient location is great few miles...
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Breakfast was really convenient location is great few miles away from outlets shoppes of okc and close to Oklahoma city Thunder arena which was the reason for the visit

Price, comfort and friendliness we arrived at 2:00 am and it wouldn't take our card cause bank update. I was panicking cause money was there and was tired from traveling. But they were nice and checked us in. The next morning it was fine.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Lovely
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The Lady that was in charge of breakfast was a little intimidating. I was afraid to make a mess when making my meal. She stood over my back the whole time.

Bed was excellent

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

I felt it was false advertising pictures on the internet it...
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I felt it was false advertising pictures on the internet it is not what the facilities look like in real life. I will never stay here again we were even to scared to take shower due to the cleaniness in the bathroom. If I did not already pay for the room we would have never stayed but it was late we where just on the road for 8 hours.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

If you want to feel safe- do not go here
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

No security, they have screws in the doors preventing them from locking so anyone could gain access into the hotel

Is was a good bang for your buck

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

I like that for the price i a frig, micro, and breakfast.

There was construction on that street and it was nosy in the morning.

I like that for the price i a frig, micro, and breakfast. The personal was friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Cleanliness of the room.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The bathroom needs attention. The vanity mirror was discolored over 50 percent of it. There was black stuff (mold?) coming up from the baseboard on the wall beside the tub. The tub had chips in it.

Cleanliness of the room. Breakfast had lots of variety.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

good breakfast, comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Had a good night sleep
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

It’s cheap and nice place to stay