Reviews of Regency Hotel Miami 3 stars

1000 Northwest LeJeune Road, Miami, FL 33126, USA

#99 of 151 hotels in Miami

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Wouldn’t go back to this hotel
    • Standard King Room

Hotel was outdated. I opened the curtain and the roof was full of trash. Even pillows. Room wasn’t as clean as if like. Very stuffy and dry. Bad location.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Very friendly staff, great check in process and cleanliness...
    • Standard King Room

Very friendly staff, great check in process and cleanliness of room was great to see. Breakfast was also quite nice and the shuttle is easily accessible. Was a pleasure staying there.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Comfy bed.

It is not very clear when booking the room for 3 people that breakfast is only included for 2 people.

Comfy bed. Most of the staff are very friendly. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Never again.

This is my 4th time staying in this property. Upon my check in, I was asked for papers for my dog (which I have never been asked) one of the check in guys Christian, was supremely kind and very attentive. The other gentleman who was checking us in, was all over the place, telling me that my dog can’t be in elevators, can’t walk around the hallways, he’s only aloud to go up and down the stairs and back into the room. It was a bizarre interaction. Not to mention, he stated I should carry my dog up and down the stairs. I stayed in room 205, this is by far the grossest room I have ever stayed in. Let’s start with the smell in the room, it was rancid almost a putrid smell, with urine in the bathroom floor, both beds were undone, with stains on them, one included dry semen and hair. The a/c was on the highest setting, and it’s not cold at all. Thankfully, your evening staff came into my room and redid both beds. The following day of my stay I spoke to Carlos, the manager on duty, who was far from apologetic at the start. When I told him I’ve NEVER been treated that way at any hotel, he said that was the hotel policy. I tried to explain to him my dog is a service dog, and that he has a minor case of arthritis so he can’t take stairs. He still was adement that those were the hotel policies. The call got disconnected and then I rang him again, and that is when I think he realized what he was saying was illegal and not part of any hotel policy to mistreat a service dog. He offered us to change our room, which we declined. We stayed here because of how clean the rooms were before and how kind the staff was. But this experience has ruined it. Unfortunately, I had booked it for a couple days and must stay on property. But you have just lost a client, as I will never be coming back. A couple suggestions: The way you treat guest with pets, you might as well stop being a pet ‘friendly’ hotel, nothing friendly about you having to carry your service animal around a hotel.

The only thing I truly liked about this property was the location, and some of the staff. (Nighttime house keepers and one of the Check In Clerks)

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The room was clean.
    • Standard King Room

The bathroom tub was dirty. I guess housekeeping forgot to wash down in there. No microwave in the room. Had to go to the vending machine room to use the microwave. So basically if anybody else was using the microwave you had to wait in a line to hot your food.

The room was clean. Bed was really comfy.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The hotel was absolutely perfect.
    • Standard King Room

The hotel was absolutely perfect. All facilities are well preserved, housekeeping service works great. Also, location of the hotel is very nice - no need to worry about noise of airplanes.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Great location and outdoor space

The air condition did not work sufficiently and only cooled down a third of the room closest to aircon. The quality of the breakfast "buffet" was below the standard of any other hotel I've stayed in in years.

good value facilities, great outdoor pool with outdoor shower. able to use the pool area including free towels after checkout. Very friendly and helpful staff that let us in and out of the baggage storage on several occasions.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Great hotel

Miami is pretty hard with no car. No matter the location. Mind that.

Great hotel. Very clean. Location is great. Very nice breakfast. Got even cars for rent straight from the hotel in good price .

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Its ok

The staff is really nice, and they help us with an early check in without any cost but the room Wasn't clean.. we find nails in the carpet, and the air conditionings broke twice

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

NICE AND QUIET
    • Standard King Room

As for other employees, it would be good if they were prohibited from using cell phones during work hours, since they pay more attention to the cell phone than to the guests. Especially the one called (Victor)

The girl named ARLETIS who attends the bar is very kind and very attentive, makes the stay there very enjoyable. Everything very clean and organized, and the meals very delicious.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Very close to airport and the free airport shuttle was...
    • Standard King Room

The amount of noise throughout the rooms. We could hear our neighbours going about their business

Very close to airport and the free airport shuttle was useful.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Accomodation is nice and neat and clean.

The guy (I think Laurent) at reception checking me in at night was very helpful. Unfortunately your morning reception Alex isn’t very friendly. He should have asked how I should pay my hotel bill but instead made assumption and process via credit card when I wanted to pay cash. When I stated I wanted to pay by cash and asked his to reverse the payment, he wasn’t happy about it and took so long to process the reversal. Wasn’t even apologetic for this. Not good customer service. I also requested for wake up call which never happened.

Accomodation is nice and neat and clean.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Disgusted and Annoyed.
    • Standard King Room

The first room was gross old and an old mildew smell. Room changed from the 6th to the 5th. House keeping manager definitely doesn’t look over the housekeepers work. Whatever they use to clean the rooms smells like they are trying to mask a smell. 6th floor absolute worse. I definitely wasn’t happy with this hotel especially with the price that I paid. I could of just stood at any other hotel same price. But it was for one night so I got over it.

The amenities to the facility were pretty good and up to date. The food was good. Front desk staff were okay.

Nice but not exceptional

See above

"Recently refurbished" means they put in new carpet. Everything else is exactly the same and not new. OK for what we paid. Pool looked really nice. Wish we had had time to enjoy it.

Good stay
    • Standard King Room

Nothing bad to say about the room or the hotel, you hear some planes because of the proximity but i slept like a baby so it was a good stay

I liked the services provided by this hotel (Shuttle, ATM inside) , the location was the best i had during a short stay in Miami and the personal was really nice

Just the option of the breakfast

The only issue I had it was that were 4 and went I booked the hotel I did showed me that I would to pay for the extra 2 person for breakfast. Please show next time that option because I'm planning my trip in a few months and also planning to book again

Everything was excellent

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

I hated it , I will not be back.
    • Standard King Room

I had to change my room because the sink was cracked, there was mold in the shower and the tub was dirty and the room was stuffy. My new room the sheets smelled like pee and the sink was cracked.

The staff was kind

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Happy Customer
    • Standard King Room

Not only was the staff extremely friendly, the establishment was very clean with plenty of amenities. I hate I arrived late and really didn't get to enjoy the full hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

We appreciated the shuttle to and from the airport and...

There was not a clock in the room. My card was (over)charged, despite requesting to pay cash. The wi-fi was spotty and slow.

We appreciated the shuttle to and from the airport and cruise port.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Would rebook without hesitation.
    • Standard King Room

Cardkey system glitch. Minor issue that was fixed after several attempts but this hiccup was a bit inconvenient for a tired passenger trying to get settled and into bed.

Bed was very Comfy. Shuttle service to and from airport very convenient. Friendly and welcoming staff. Great wifi

Some staff were nice.
    • Standard King Room

We didn't receive clean room service in the first night. I needed to go to the front desk and ask for it. The pillows were old and scarce. For a queen bed there were just 3 small pillows. They did not provide the information on the breakfast hours. At checkout, the staff requested for extra payment and were rude and impatient. During the stay, they continue holding amounts to the credit card and they didn't allow you to pay upfront if you wanted to.

Some staff were nice.

Service was phenomenal everyone on staff will bend over...
    • Standard King Room - Disability Accessible

Not many food choices within walking distance but the ones that are are really good

Service was phenomenal everyone on staff will bend over backwards to help you with whatever you need. Great place to stay

It was clean, and the price was really good.
    • Standard King Room

Was old and we had to wait until the check in time, they couldn’t provide a room earlier, but

It was clean, and the price was really good. And shuttle an take you to the airport and the dolphin too! Staff is really friendly

4.0
    Don't think i will be back
    • Standard King Room

have not been there for like 6 years, stayed in room 315 the AC had the floor all wet. checked out on the 5th August the total cost for my stay was $323.00 in which was paid in full with Cash, next day saw my Credit Card Statement on the 6th August Aug 6, 2018 PURCHASE REGENCY HOTEL MIAMI MIAMI 98.45 Aug 6, 2018 PURCHASE REGENCY HOTEL MIAMI MIAMI 103.42 Have been disputing for a month now and that $201.87 has still not been credited back to my Credit Card

Satisfied
    • Standard King Room

The carpet in the room could be updated or cleaned had some kind of sticky feeling of some sort on the carpet

They allowed us to check in when our room was ready before check in

I went to the gym and the television was im im Spanish station

Eating the same breakfast every morning for seven days😭OMG. When you walk on the Mat in your room without shoes you good gets black, which means the mat is dirty. The bath tub was dirty and the toilet seat was beoken.

The table tennis game

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

If I return I will chose a better hotel next time.

The elevator would take so long. When I asked about the stairs some of the staff didn't understand. Breakfast is free for only 2 guests. You'll be asked your room when entering so they can keep track. I needed extra towels and had to wait until laundry was done. Which I didn't get until 11:15pm. Ridiculous.

The room was clean, bed was comfortable and some of the staff were nice.

The front desk staff was helpful and airport shuttle was a bonus.

The bathroom needs some work, and breakfast was a rip-off for what I paid. There was 4 of us booked but I had to pay for my kids who is part of the four. Borderline racist behavior from bellhop.

The airport shuttle.

It was just one night so was glad to have a hot shower and bed rest. Great location.

The drain in the bath tub was not emptying properly. Also the Aircondition blew straight onto the bed located nearer to it.

The bed was comfortable enough and the room spacious.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Very bad!!
    • Standard King Room

Waited over 20minutes to check in because both of the receptionist were busy to check in a family whose credit card was not working. I asked during my reservation and the check in time for a quiet room and got a room directly in front of the elevator and window facing the noisy side where you woke up at 4am. Went for breakfast, the guy after studying the breakfast list says : you don't have breakfast included, i said yes i booked with breakfast. Instead of using the phone next to him to check with the reception if breakfast is included or not, i had to go back to my room to get my invoice where it's showing breakfast is included. Still he says no it's not and asked his colleague walking by, and he showed to him where it's written breakfast is included. His reply to me was haha I need my glasses!! I called in the night to preorder a cab for 7 am and the guy at the reception said you don't need to preorder a cab , just give us around 6:45am and the taxi will be here in 5-15min. Result: my boyfriend waited over 45 minutes for the taxi to reach his appointment. A terrible experience!!! Better spend some more money and receive an expectable service than booking at Regency Hotel. I cancelled my future reservation for this reason.

Convenient location, close to airport and highway and south...
    • Standard King Room

Easy to miss entrance. Staff was misinformed on pool hours. Pool was very milky looking and dirty. Bar was pricey for drinks. Housekeeping repeatedly forgot to replace towels after grabbing our used ones. We received no information on hours, check out policy, room service, upgrades, nothing except for a note stated how pleased they are that we chose to stay there. Also, we had between 2-4 flyers from locals restaurants slid under our door every single day, am and pm. Elevators were super slow and the 2 day we were there the second elevator broke down so all guests waited 15+ minutes as we weren’t allowed to use stairs except for emergency. Keys only worked for rooms not for gym and elevators as stated. Super thin walls, we could hear everything from the people next to us.

Convenient location, close to airport and highway and south beach. Bed was comfortable. Rooms were clean.

Not the best place to stay.
    • Standard King Room

i could here the next room people talking. The pool was closed after it has rained, the hotel stuff told me it is wet and making their hotel dirty. And there was a big cockroach in my room. Food was not good.

The was a cockroach in my room but the staff managed to get me a new room and were very quick to resolve the issue

Excellent hotel with excellent location for the purpose of...

Excellent hotel with excellent location for the purpose of my visit to Miami, it was only 8 mins away from the airport and 10 mins away from the location of a business meeting I had the next day. Upon my arrival I was welcomed by the friendly reception staff and extremely helpful; they helped me print and make some copies for my meeting the next day! The room was clean and comfortable. Next day I had breakfast; the breakfast was nothing special but it was delicious. Also I booked my room just 24 hours of before my arrival and I got it for a great price! I highly recommend this place I would totally come back when I’m in Miami!

Uncomfortable bed and noisy all nite

Very uncomfortable bed, noise from aircond , from ceiling and from compressors outside all nite long! Staff was kind enough to let us changed room but we faced cleaners vacuum next room at 12am! Breakfast for 2 persons only is not very nice arrangement for family who are holidaying. Eventho we booked for 3 persons, we were limit to breakfast for 2 only. My husband decided to skip cos breakfast is average. I have seen many families like ours facing the same issue and is sad to see them being split up or turned away becos they cant hv breakfast together .

The front desk staffs are friendly and helpful.

Location was good near airport

Being given wrong information about the courtesy bus, not a 24hr service finishes at midnight. Stuck for over an hour waiting for it. Staff from desk of restaurant not very nice, greeting us was not very welcoming at all

Location was good near airport

Very relaxing stay in a great Hotel.

Can't think of anything.

I cannot think of anything I did not like about the Hotel. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I had a change of flight and the front desk gave me an extended check out time of 5 PM. The pool is not large but maintained well. The bar is a good plus with a great bartender Arletis. This is not a new Hotel but it is maintained well.

Satisfactory
    • Standard King Room

The service in the restaurant for breakfast was not good. I had to approach a server to take my order for breakfast, as I was ordering from the menu. The breakfast served was good otherwise.

Front desk staff and those at the bar (had a snack after late arrival).

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

It’s Okay
    • Standard King Room

They did not allow me to check early so I had to wait about 2 hrs in the lobby which is very annoying after a long trip. The elevators where also horrible and so slow.

The access to the airport and location. The room was nice but still expected more for a king room.

Great hotel

Great location, great staff easy check in , and out , good bar pool, near airport and great free shuttle bus , esp at at 5am, would use again and recommend to anyone

My son is 20 months, his stuff went missing, out of room.
    • Standard King Room

My son is 20 months, his stuff went missing, out of room.. from his blankie to clothes.. I have called numerous times to get it or even pay to get it shipped to me, since my stay they play it off

On picture it seems to be Great.

The Toilet seat was all pealed. There is a lack of maintenance at the spot.

On picture it seems to be Great. But in realty not. I asked the Taxi Driver is this the place because there must be a mistake. My first impression when i arrived was not good.

Great location but I will not return.
    • Standard King Room - Disability Accessible

There was no ventilation in the elevator. No ventilation in our bathroom and we had to but our bags to hold the door so it would stay open to let air in. The shower head was leaking at first and wouldn’t stay up like a real shower. There was rust on the bar that held the curtains and there wasn’t much place to put your toothbrush and your personal stuff. There towels was not appropriate for the number of guest. When we arrive I notice a red spot on the bed sheet witch they did change. Not the hotel fault but our room keys had to be changed4x.... because it’s was demagnetized.

They had a nice pool table.

The location is good, close to the airport.

It appeared to be an old building renewed. But, it is clean. Nothing to complain.

The location is good, close to the airport. We took the bus from Orlando to Miami, this place is one of the stops, so it was really convenient for us.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Good Place to stay to visit Miami

The external part of the hotel

The hall,the pool,the services in the room,the free parking and the staff. A special thanks to Jessie, who helped us with our baggages lost

Common areas were nice

Bed wasn’t firm!!! Call for towels 1 hr later they bring 2 for a party of 4!! They said I only had breakfast for 2, I booked for 4!!! They only cleaned my room once!!! I stayed 7 days!!! This hotel is trash!!!!!!

Common areas were nice

My stay at Regency
    • Standard King Room

The shuttle to Dolphin Mall was suppose to leave 09.10 and it left 08.55...

Regency is close by to the airpor; literally as promoted 5 minutes away by shuttle.

It was nice to have a little restaurant and bar in the hotel.

The aircondition was placed very bad. It was nearly to the ground and not on the room ceiling.The bed was directly next to it and you coud't reduce the speed of the fan. Besides, people were smoking weed a lot on their balcony. When we opened our windows, it smelled very bad and the floor smelled of it.

It was nice to have a little restaurant and bar in the hotel. The staff was friendly and in a good mood. Nice latin music by the way! There were also computers in the lobby. The free bus shuttle to the airport is also very nice.

Stay in regency in Miami
    • Standard King Room - Disability Accessible

I didn’t like that you pay a lot of money to stay here but you don’t get continental breakfast. The staff should know how to understand English because everyone don’t speak Spanish so it was very hard to communicate. The staff was just overbearing with the non communication

The pool was great.

Great for price, especially if you aren't spending much time at the hotel.
    • Standard King Room

- Would have preferred it be a little closer to downtown, but again, you have to consider price. For our needs and driving around, it was fine. - We didn't have any towels when we checked in, which we didn't realize until the next morning when we went to shower. It was clear the room was hastily cleaned...OR, they just didn't pay attention to the bathroom. Everything else looked clean though.

- Breakfast was ok...typical eggs/potato, waffles, fruit and juice type buffet. Make sure your reservation includes breakfast if you want to eat it though. There is an attendant who stops you and asks for your room number. - Bed was very comfortable and room was typical for this price range. Nothing bad, just nothing extravagant. For the price, it was perfect. - Bar was good. Service was ok.

Why did I want to stay here?

The room was in disrepair. The bathroom door did not open and close properly as an example

They were very nice about returning our money so we could go stay across the street. Heard from that hotel this happens all the time.

Adequate place to sleep while waiting to board cruise.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I did not care for the view facing another hotel. The layout and decor of the room isn dated. The housekeeper did not clean our room just left clean towels after a phone call.

The lobby and pool area are very inviting. The food is good.

The facilities were nice.

The check in process was a mess. We were told to wait until our room was ready and nobody notified us when it was. We had to wait two hours after check in to access the room.

The facilities were nice. It was convenient to have a gym and a pool in the building as well as an ice/vending machine on every floor. The room was very clean and felt high end.

It was Peaceful .

Rooms didn't have microwave, air conditioner leaked onto the balcony. Hotel needed an update.

Pool and bar area was great. Bar tenders were friendly and drinks were perfect.

The location as we need near the airport with a good price.

The hotel doesn’t have a restaurant only a bar. When I came to the bar to have some food there wasn’t anybody to help me. Sad! I was starving.

The location as we need near the airport with a good price.

try answering the phone !
    • Standard King Room

waited at Miami airport for 40 minutes for the curtesy van to arrive while every other hotel van went past 2 or 3 times! tried calling hotel and was repeatedly left on hold !

very little

My stay was pleasant

I had to call maintenance twice for the toilet which finally worked.

The beds were very comfortable, the staff was nice and the location was great, it was close to food and the airport.

With a few minor renovations and repairs, this property will be destined for greatness.

Carpet needed cleaning and the elevator floor needs repairs.

The location of the property and the views from my room was amazing while watching planes lane.

Close to the AirPort.

Service is pretty bad to be honest, workers don’t seem to like their job. Please note that if you book through booking.com and it says “breakfast included”, that only account for 2 persons no matter how many people you’ve booked the room for (e.g 3 or 4). Overall the hotel need a renovation.

Close to the AirPort.

With the family in Miami
    • Deluxe Double Room

Most of all the pool and the view. I had a double bed on the top floor with a balcony view. We were provided with robes. The housekeepers were lovely. It was very convenient.

Everything is beautiful as this hotel!
    • Standard King Room

Everything is beautiful as this hotel! Driving up the street and seeing it, I thought it would be a disaster because of the outdated looking building. I was wrong. The lobby is beautiful. The staff is very friendly. The rooms were clean and looked very nice. I love the way the pool looks! It’s next to a delicious seafood restaurant. The hotels free breakfast tastes amazing. I will definitely stay here again.

Ok but be aware of hidden fees
    • Standard King Room

The fact that they don't tell you everything up front I have asked for a romantic room set up with flowers and so forth which I thought was included with the price if they gave me to find out that know they charge afterwards but the person that I was communicating with or one of many had told me I would pay at check in and then you pay a $25 per night the pause it and also the breakfast is the same thing every day and not only that only 2 people can eat for free so basically if you are a family of 4 two people are not eating which is definitely not right I have stayed at motels and have offered more of a selection for breakfast and everyone eats for free but entire family I believe some changes definitely need to be made.

It was close to the airport

Wonderful stay

The bed was big but needed to be flipped.

I love the bartender. She helped me pronounce her name but I forgot. she was so sweet. The burger that she recommended me and my fiance ordered was delicious and juicy. The room was very spacious and the bed was big but needed to be flipped. Also we asked them to put strawberries and champagne in the room which they did. We will be coming back to stay

Despite the poor housekeeping, my was stay was good
    • Standard King Room

Housekeeping wasn't good, I stayed multiple nights with missing towels or towles wasn't being replaced, trash cans were not being emptied. It was like making the bed was the only thing done in the room

Great breakfast & helpful staff

couldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.
    • Standard King Room

Our refrigerator didn't work, the bed was hard, the towels didn't look clean and there was no meat with the breakfast.

there was plenty of free parking on site and a great location.

Overall, very good.

The breakfast. Very poor and too overpriced.

Excellent hotel for the money. Beds very comfortable, very clean and nice staff overall. Breakfast was poor and the staff wasn't very nice. Great thing the screens with the outgoing flights and the scale to weight your luggage.

K

The nicest thing about the property was the lobby. The room was nasty and the staff was not helpful at all. We ended up checking out a day early. I will never go off pictures.

The lobby

• Standard King Room

No complaints... the staff was great an very helpful, the hotel was clean, my bedroom was clean bed was heaven. I arrived very early they checked us in very early

AMAZING!

This was my forth trip to Miami just this year and second stay with Regency. The staff is absolutely amazing! They get busy sometimes with flights being sent to the hotel but give them a chance and they will get to you. From the front desk Patricia and Estela were very helpful and from the bar area Arletis, Alberto, Jael, and Ivan always keeping things active, funny and going to keep the mood alive! After all its Miami!!

I only liked the lobby area that’s it.

It is cheap. The rooms are horrible. Cheap furniture. Paint pealing off the walls. Nets on the desk where the lamp is at. Strings of hair still on the blow dryer. Dirt and crumbs in the cracks of the floor. Very uncomfortable beds and cheap sheets. When we first walked in the room it was hot and did not feel or smell clean. Dirty door, mirror and furniture. Balcony area had no furniture.

I only liked the lobby area that’s it.

decent

Location is horrible. Fingerprints on wall and bathrooms need to be updated.

Free breakfast was nice, although we had to pay for two people and only got two complimentry.

Very good location after a long flight, check in staff very...

The hotel is old , needs a good make over , ( beds are very comfortable) only need to take cake about when you book for 2 adults and 2 kids for breakfast they say only two can have breakfast and the man in charge of breakfast was not helpful,

Very good location after a long flight, check in staff very helpful and the lounge bar staff very good,

Great experience. Helpful and nice staff. Centrally located. Free onsite parking.

I thought the free breakfast was ok. Not the best selection. But this did not make or break my trip.

This location was centrally located to everywhere we needed to go! Calle Ocho was only about 15 mins away, South Beach 20 mins, and everywhere else was about the same distance. Loved this location! If you bring a rental car there is free parking.

good for a short stay
    • Standard King Room

After a long flight I just wanted to check in my room but they gave me a really hard time because I only had a german card. Whilst I agreed to pay cash alternatively I felt no one tried to find a solution to let me check in my room but made me feel annoyed and not welcomed.

free airport shuttle comfy beds

The pool area
    • Standard King Room

Noice of neighbor next door and above me. Need to add one more Waffle Maker so there won't be a line of people waiting to make a waffle.

The pool area

I would give this hotel 3+ stars.
    • Standard King Room

Quality of WiFi could be improved. It disappeared quite often for long time periods. However, personal probably did their best to fix the problem after my complaints :-)

I would give this hotel 3+ stars. Safe. Good service.

Browse Regency Hotel Miami traveller photo gallery