Reviews of Airway Inn 2 stars

#118 of 119 hotels in Queens

5.6

5.2

6.1

Close to La Guardia Airport, 20 minutes to Citi Field, not great access to subways. Decent value.

Older hotel, beds are OK, decent value considering the urban location in Queens.

Good location for access to Astoria restaurants, Citi Field and La Guardia Airport.

I couldn’t get out of there fast enough the next morning.
    • Standard King Room

The room was filthy. The person before me rented a room for only 2 hours, guess why. The tv didn’t work. Called the front desk, but no one came. No control over hot or cold water. Either scalding, or freezing. Carpet filthy, furniture old and in poor condition. This hotel should be priced in the $39 to $59 rate per night, NO MORE. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL! One last thing 3.8 rating for this place is too high.

There was nothing that I liked.

Smokey Joe's
    • Standard King Room

Thermostat was not working in room. Only provisions were a thin bed sheet two flat pillows and a thin warming blanket with cigarette burns. Room had a slight smell of cigarettes.

It had parking, hotel looked decent but the room and bed were not up to par.

The building looks good, but the facility does has a serious maintenance problem.
    • Standard King Room

The filthy odor in the room. The pillow cases were dirty, and arranged as if someone had just left the room. There were no face towels and the cleaning lady who showed up to address the issues left the dirty pillow cases in the room with us, stuck behind the television. She promised to get some face towels, but never returned. The body lotion in the restroom was a used one, and one feels scary to even touch it because of the odor inside the room and its arrangements. The room is too small for the price in comparison with other hotels that I had used before in the area.

The receptionist was very friendly and always willing to address our concerns.

This was a horrible hotel but our only choice after...
    • Standard King Room

This was a horrible hotel but our only choice after cancelled flights from La Guardia. Everything stunk of cigaretttes, even the pillows and chairs, so much so that it made me feel ill. It was exorbitantly expensive and staff weren't friendly or helpful in the slightest. I strongly suggest you find somewhere else to stay. Or sleep at the airport.

Horrendous hotel - do not waste your money!
    • Standard King Room

Disgusting, dirty rooms, stunk of cigars and vomit, dirty sheets and towels. We both felt nauseous the who time in there. Went to a garage next door and bought 2 cans of air freshner. Emptied both cans and still no betrer. Carpet looked like it had never been hoovered for months. Blood on shower curtain. Blocked toilet, told twice someone coming to fix but never did. The si k had been repaired badly. Room was freezing but heating did not work and heater looked like a death trap. TV did not work, fuzzy picture. 'White' net curtains were brown! Water was tepid so couldnt even habe a shower. Bed was disgusting. We were tired due to a flight cancellation so tried to sleep but kept getting bitten so had to sit in a chair all night. We both left covered in bites. We took some photos but out phone batteries died and none if the sockets worked except TV one but it couldn't be unplugged. Elevator had sharp metal sticking out and I caught bottom of my jeans and tore them! Complained about all of this but no one cared or did anything. Lots of others complaining. Due to lots of flights being cancelled all local hotels were full so couldn't go anywhere else. Booking.com should not be selling this place it's horrendous. I am not going to be using booking.com again and I use them a lot! We will be putting in a serious complaint to Booking.com, they need to investigate this place!

It’s very bad Hotel whole in blankets and smell in rooms I...

It’s very bad Hotel whole in blankets and smell in rooms I never recommend any body to stay in this hotel we booked it for two days it’s too dirty so we stay only one day and lave this stooped Hotel NYC must check this hotel it’s not for living

Filthy, unsafe, terrible staff.
    • Standard King Room

The night that I stayed at this hotel, the outdoor temperature was 33 degrees, high winds. When I walked into the hotel room i was greeted by cold and a smell of stale cigarettes. The digital thermostat did not work because the batteries were dead. Therefore I did not have heat the entire night. The wind blew into the room through the air conditioner and the gaps in the door that I was unable to keep closed because the latch was bent. I had to use the hair dryer in the bathroom to warm up throughout the night. I attempted to contact the service desk several times throughout the night for assistance, no one answered. The bed was filthy, one thin blanket was on the bed. I could see through the blanket when held up to a light. Hence why I was not able to sleep. The television did not turn on. When I showered the hot water lasted 10 minutes. I have slept in countless motels and hotels over the course of 15 years. This was the most horrible experience I have ever encountered. Pathetic.

Convenient location, comfortable bed
    • Standard King Room

It’s so close to the airport that it can be loud at times depending on which runway they are using. The rooms are just average and not many TV channels. It is overpriced for the quality of the hotel.

Convenient location, comfortable bed

It was close to airport and provided a shuttle

I think the hotel is being used for 'one night stands' or 'quickies'. While we waited for our shuttle at 3:45am we saw a few couples walk in and out.

It was close to airport and provided a shuttle

Miserable stay

There was smoking stench in the room and in the whole hotel, I was charged Extra 13$ for charging on Visa, I dont carry Cash, come on get on to the 21st century. Airport to hotel was not free I had to hire my own cab to get there. Overall stay away from this hotel. Staff over the phone was rude when I called them from Toronto.

The only plus point is that it is near the Airport.

would not stay here again
    • Standard King Room

The room was terrible, it seemed clean, but i still wiped as much down with my handy wipes as possible. The shower looked dirty. Carpet outdated and odor in room. Did not take a shower.

the shuttle was free and close to the airport and this our last stop to get us back home

Awful - absolutely disgusting

The service was horrible the rooms were repulsive- we arrived at 1130 Saturday night and they told us we didn't have a room. When all my emails from them were confirmations and they never called. After 30 min of them telling us they gave our room away and the owner didn't want to give us another room cause he wanted to get more money for it, they finally gave us a room. The room was absolutely disgusting! Staines everywhere, the curtains, chairs . There were burn wholes in the curtains, ashes all over the floor, wall paper was ripped off the wall, hair in the sink.... repulsive!!! We found a room for the next night and went down to the lobby to cancel our reservation the guy at the desk told us the manager would be in at 8 Sunday morning. There was another woman in front of us complaining to the desk that they need to clean her room because there was Condoms everywhere and she also had kids with her. The next morning we went to the desk asked for the manager only to be told the manager does not work on Sunday's. We told our story to the guy at the desk and he called the manager and we did get our money back for the second night. It was an awful experience The pictures on line do not look like the real thing at all

Not the best but it wasn't terrible
    • Standard King Room

The maid threw away our food we were saving for dinner when we came back we had nothing to eat, almost every tv channel was static

Not too much, bathroom and bed were nice

Some workers rude

Some of your receptionist were really rude. There was one particular guy on Friday night around 6.30pm -9.30mins who was extremely rude. He needs to be firedone. My last time of booking your hotel

It was dirty and in a bad neighbourhood.
    • Standard King Room

It was dirty and in a bad neighbourhood. Not as advertised. The shuttle to the airport was provided by the hotel and had two broken windows that were covered by a tarp. We felt unsafe.

Disappointed with the uncleanliness of the facility.
    • Standard King Room

Roaches, debris on the stairway to the room. No washcloths, the floor was slanted, the air conditioner was inoperable. NO ADA access. Parking lot did not have enough parking spaces.

i needed a place to stay which was close to LGA as I had an extremely early flight.
    • Standard King Room

the bed was not very comfortable. .

very close to LGA airport and 24 hours front desk. the front desk was very helpful in calling a cab to get me to the airport.

Adequate to give two weary travelers a night before heading home.
    • Standard King Room

The amenities offered for the price. We really aren't picky with hotels, but this definitely rates near the bottom in meeting our over-all needs. There were only stairs to get into reception. We both have mobility issues at our age & that was difficult to get suitcases in as well as to exit and return to find a place to eat.

The location & shuttle to LaGuardia.

Rochers were everywhere.
    • Standard King Room

Rochers were everywhere. The shower head was broken and they couldn't fix it, so we had to switch our room on the second day. Very bad experience.

Thankful it was for 1 night
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Noisy at night as people were very loud in the hallway, planes fly over, musty smelling, bed saggy in the middle, torn bedding but had a good shower and the room was clean. It's an aged property that was due for an upgrade long ago.

Close to airport and food

Hotel Hell
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The dirty room, use condoms toilet is stopped up people being loud in the hallway late at night. Was not able to get rest. Strangers knocking on your door asking for cigarettes.

Hotel Nightmare!!
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

People knocking on your room door, asking for cigarettes. The room was not clean use condoms under the bed. Toilet stopped up. People being loud in the hallways and you can hear people having sex in the other rooms.

Nothing!!!

This is the most disgusting hotel on the planet

I didn't not personally give this hotel a 2.5, that is what Booking.com came up with after answering their questions. This is the filthiest hotel I've ever stayed in. It should be shut down by the health department. Bed made up with dirty sheets Dirt on the bathroom mirror Bed skirt in tatters Dirty sheets and towels in the hallway Dust so thick you could write your name in it Walls so thin you could here the people in the other room We waited a half an hour for room service to come and change the sheets. She did seem concerned about the food particles in the bed and took pictures. It wasn't until we found the food in the bed that I took notice of how disgusting this place was. At that time, we had no chose but to stay, or sleep in our car.

The fact that we made it through the night with out any rodents running over us!

Front staff was friendly;
    • Standard King Room

My bed was clean but hadn't finished being made (pillows only on one side of the bed) and my bathtub had someone else's hair in it. Gross!

Front staff was friendly; close to LaGuardia airport; free shuttle to airport.

Why hasn't this place been demolished already???

The facility is ancient and the location is definitely high crime in nature. It's a zero star hotel with wreaked and faded carpeting, an elevator that shakes and creaks and stops and restarts. The smell of the place is terrible, the halls are filthy dirty with rugs that look like they were vacuumed last month. The air conditioning in the room barely cooled it and the halls are even less effectively cooled. You know you are in a high-class place when you discover the front desk is set up for the clerk to be protected behind a sliding bullet proof glass panel...

The staff was really warm and friendly and went out of their way to be good to us. It has quick access/shuttle service to the airport. Room was cleaner than the halls -- though also severely dated with the paint falling off in multiple locations.

I like the pillow
    • Standard King Room

I didn't like the fact I payed $170 for lesser quality at airway inn then Bellerose inn with better view, quality,cleanliness and with breakfast included total of $120 without tax.

I like the pillow

You get what you pay for. Shuttle driver very good and prompt.

dirty hallways, stairwells smelled like cigarette smoke and dirty floors, sticky spots in carpet, only one pillow per person in bed, dirty and stained upholstery in chairs.

Shuttle service to JFK in the morning. Affordable. Housekeeper friendly. Had table and chairs in room.

Overall a good place.

No bell boys available or any kind of room service.

Bus stop was close by. Grocery store next to the hotel. LaGuardia airport a couple of kilometers away. Had free airport transfer.

The bathroom was re done

Cigarette burns on walls, rug, blanket, curtains. Cigarette butts under the bed. It was a no smoking room. Only two towels. No airport pickup as promised. Refused credit cards and demanded cash.

The bathroom was re done

Big, Clean Rooms for a Short Stay

Some of the furniture was a little dated which I didn't mind too much. But feel like some of the bed coverings could be replaced.

The rooms were big and beds were comfortable. Bathroom was very clean. The staff was also very nice and helpful. Free parking was also key.

Ok. But look for somewhere else first.

We were a group booking. They changed one of the rooms from a double to a single king, then when they tried to correct it they gave the other family my room which was a double with sofa and give me the king, even though my name was on it and they got who was booking all confused. They did give me another double with sofa, but when we got into the room I was about to sit on the bench when my son stopped me. The bench was broken and I could have injured my self. I am 62 and we were there for a funeral Attached is a photo of the bench. I asked for some type of discount and they said contact the manager but when we called we got the run around.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Not quite a dump.
    • Standard King Room

Didn't like much. Staff was nice. Early morning desk guy called or I would have missed the shuttle and flight. I was there because of a cancelled flight, only for a few hours.

Not quite a dump.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

if location/convenience to airport is more important than the actual hotel, it may be worth it
    • Standard King Room

The walls are paper thin and our room was right near the lobby. The front desk staff talked very loudly all night and I never slept. They also have the smallest pillows, more like a travel pillow than a regular pillow

Location, free 24 hour airport shuttle. Front desk staff was nice when checking in

Highly uncomfortable

Upon arrival I had no reservation. They put us in a room that was filthy and nothing worked, including the door lock!!! They moved us to another room that was in no way clean!! The property was frightful for 3 women traveling alone. It appeared there were many illegal activities occurring on the property. We did not sleep due to noise. I would never stay there again!!! And would never recommend anyone stay there!!! They need a major inspection!!!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Not recommended

Dirty and smelly room and hallway. One staff was rude. He hung up on me when I requested for more towels. My reservation is for 4 people and I was expecting 4 towel sets in the room but they gave us only 2 so I had to ask for more.

great place for the prices, friendly, helpful staff.
    • Standard King Room

older hotel, but very well priced and very clean.

price and location was right. great staff, and very clean. soft towels were a great plus! check in was easy. would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

I definitely go back there. I can't forget that staffs.
    • Standard King Room

Not much.price was fair and staff was helpful.

Staff was very kind. Bathroom was very clean. Bed was so comfortable. That's all we needed for us to stay. For sure we'll go back ther!! :)

bed was comfortable, and location to airport great
    • Standard King Room

man behind the desk had a loud arguement with a customer for 5 minutes while I was waiting to ask a question. h

bed was comfortable, and location to airport great

Only stay if you are desperate
    • Standard King Room

The motel is noisy. It is right under the air space used to approach the airport. The room was cold and all the staff could offer was a heater and an extra blanket. The Tv had horrible reception.

It is near East Elmhurst.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Sleeping in the Hudson would have been cleaner, safer, and less pungent

It was like sleeping in a cloud of pot smoke while hearing a Maury level domestic dispute in the room next door at 2am. Highlight of our stay is a toss up between walking to the Popeyes next door to get away for half an hour and hearing the moaning of overly enthusiastic fornication through the wall while checking in.

Literally nothing.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

AVOID!!!!
    • Standard King Room

Some guests smoked in the rooms. The hotel listed as non smoking. It's not just cigarettes. The room and hallway smells. The mattress was old and uneven. It's just 1 night for us. Thank God!

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

It was an average hotel, nothing fancy, too high priced...
    • Standard King Room

It was an average hotel, nothing fancy, too high priced because of its airport location. We got stranded during a snow storm, so we had not much choice. It was okay, shuttle was on time and the location was handy, we could walk to restaurants.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

The staff is very nice.

The bathroom smelled bad and the TV would turn off on its own constantly. The hotel needs a renovation if they want people to feel comfortable and pleased.

The staff is very nice.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Decent Hotel for the Price

Being right next to the airport, naturally you will hear airplanes flying above you all day long. Personally had a hard time sleeping because of it. Would be a good idea to bring ear plugs with you if you are a light sleeper. Other than that, this hotel was fine for the price!

Great price, east to park and check in, close to Citi Field. Has a Dunkin Donuts and other fast food/restaurants on the same block. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Room was spacious enough for 3 people.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Proximity to LaGuardia and promptness of shuttle.
    • Standard King Room

Continental breakfast not available, but the room coffee was actually enough for this stay.

Proximity to LaGuardia and promptness of shuttle. Amazingly quiet despite planes right outside the window!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

We chose this hotel because it offered shuttle service to...
    • Standard King Room

We chose this hotel because it offered shuttle service to LaGuardia Airport. My wife made the reservation for the shuttle for early next morning but when she went to the front desk at 4 a.m. the next morning to catch her reserved shuttle, she was informed by the front desk that they did not have a reservation for her for the shuttle and that she would have to take a cab! Never will we use this hotel again!

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Noisy, un-clean and not worth the money!
    • Standard King Room

Room key didn't work, and they couldn't fix it!! Very noisy nigth, dogs barking, trucks starting up really close by, other guests running around all nigth, shouting and screaming! The cleaning was not what you could expect. Even when ordering the "free Airport shuttle" already at booking and again at check in, they had to call for the shuttle when we where leaving. When I was going to tip the driver he said "No, the price is xxx", hmm, - no free airport shuttle in the morning!

Nice airport shuttle driver at arrival. Helpful and kind!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Stay only if you concern of transportation to LGA in the middle of the night
    • Standard King Room

1 so close to airport just like sleeping in tarmac 2 the wall is so thin that you can hear your neighbour's party 3 wifi is fake 4 no smile on either day or night receptionist. We requested the shuttle when we checked in and when we checked out, the night shift said he didn't know and had to call the driver. We waited for 15 min at 4:30 in the morning! 5 Rats running in front of the lobby

24 hours free shuttle to LGA

Adequate for one or two nights while traveling through NYC.
    • Standard King Room

Limited access to any type of restaurant if you did not have a car. Room appeared a bit shabby and needed some spiffing up. We were in what looked like the older part of the motel. - maybe the newer addition was better.

Comfortable bed and helpful staff. Close to La Guardia with free shuttle. Overall, room and bathroom clean, though some dust bunnies in the corners of the room.

Our interesting stay
    • Standard King Room

We found burn holes in the carpet, blankets and walls. Elevator was dented and did not always work. Our room key only worked once and then we had to go downstairs to have them fix it (every single time).

Staff was friendly and was happy to accommodate us on our ride to the La Guardia Airport with the hotel shuttle.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

We felt comfortable...
    • Standard King Room

The Inn could do better with cleaning the foyer and the passage rugs

I liked our room. I especially liked Mr Chung, the Inn employee that checked us in; and the shuttle driver. They were both so cordial and friendly. We felt warmly welcomed. I was very happy to see that the Inn is located on a major road, and has good access to all sorts of restaurants, shops and transportation. The room we stayed in also had a microwave, so we could buy whatever food we wanted and eat it hot in our room. We lacked nothing.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Hotel Disaster

Room stank of tobacco Barely clean Very tired looking room and hotel Worst hotel I have stayed at for years Overpriced

It had a bed and a shower

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

This place sucks

Everthing

This place has to be the worst place I have ever stayed. Broken toilet seat....shower drain clogged..... Under the bed was absolutely nasty all types of trash from lord knows when.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

just location is close to lga airport, thats all
    • Standard King Room

the worst hotel i stayed so far! a completely fraud!!! i asked for non-smoked room, it was smoked. receptionist was very very rude and not helpful at all. I called him three times to make sure about my wake up call, he did not call at all. shuttle to lga is a big lie, dont expect it! i was almost missing my flight as there was nobody at promised time. there was evem noone to help me with a taxi, thanks to uber i catched the flight. they charged more than agreed and displayed amount and did not release the authorization. Garden was full off garbages and mouses, a lot of them.. dont stay there !!! not at all.. there are several place you can stay in lga but definitely not here

just location is close to lga airport, thats all

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Nasty Hotel!
    • Standard King Room

The staff was rude, the property was dirty, carpet was nasty, rats running around at the parking lot. It took an hour to check out and almost missed our flight. The property description said that they offer 24 hours shuttle service but they actually call for taxi for dropped off at the airport. Also woke up the next day with swollen eye!!

• Standard King Room

Our stay was ok, good location an parking.

Great for short overnight transit

Close to La Guardia airport. Ideal for overnight transit.

Staff was excellent.
    • Standard King Room

Staff was excellent. Booked at the last minute because of a missed flight. Very happy how it turned out.

No breakfast

No breakfast

Ugly, dirty, smelly! Not worth the price!
    • Standard King Room

The building is falling apart, room is dirty, ugly and so highly priced for its real value!!! Never going back again there!!

Closness to airport

Comfy bed

Poor wifi

Comfy bed

• Standard King Room

Dirty and totally different than profile description. Room were old and not cleaned, noisy and poor service. Not reccomendable at all.

I didn't receive any breakfast

I had to carry my baby up to my room plus 3 suitcase there was no help

I didn't receive any breakfast

Requested extra blanket but did not have one clean to give...
    • Standard King Room

Requested extra blanket but did not have one clean to give me, no hairdryer, no remote for the TV.

• Standard King Room

Nothing. Awful place!!! Don’t stay here!!!!!!

Bad
    • Standard King Room

Dirty and unfriendly service!No air conditioner!No quilt!Just a small blanket!No bus to JFK!

Easy parking

The room had a musty smell when air wasnt on.

Easy parking

The cleanliness was awesome for the price.
    • Standard King Room

Everything exceeded my expectations for the price.

The cleanliness was awesome for the price. And had a mini fridge and microwave which was great.

This place is a dump with unfriendly employees

EVERYTHING

There was no coffee nor breakfast

Stay was nice, quiet, clean and friendly staff

Everything was nice

cigar smell all the time, yelling people.
    • Standard King Room

cigar smell all the time, yelling people.

dirt and dust

Good!
    • Standard King Room

The cleanliness; on the outside,lobby,and aisles, the room waa good.

It's decoration.