Reviews of Alamo Inn & Suites 2 stars

5.9

5.9

6.2

4.7

The bed sheets had black stains on them like they had not...

The bed sheets had black stains on them like they had not wash the sheet. The 2 sinks were wouldn’t close all the way so the water was dripping the whole time.

Alright Place to Sleep & Shower

I This place (to us) is mostly meant to sleep and shower, nothing other than that really. Anyways I really didn’t enjoy the fact that we did find some Hairs on the Bed, luckily we brought some of our own Blankets & pillows ( Beds were Comfy) and also we did find some small cockroaches at night but luckily they weren’t on the bed, other than that it was Descent

I really enjoyed the Location. Very Close to Downtown. The air conditioning worked Extremely well, A little Swing set was nice to use with my Son. The water in the Bathroom worked Well. The Free Breakfast was NOT ALOT but it was fine for us as we were going to go eat elsewhere

Not good

I didn’t like it family didn’t either

Roach in coffee was in creamer brought me milk from his place where he was using how do you know that he he didn’t drink from jug

For a last minute reservation it was all we could get but will never stay there ever,ever,ever again

I hated just about everything. The website is a lie. Below is a picture of the free breakfast. Microwave didn't work, refrigerator worked but had roaches in it, walls were super dirty and peeling, you had to turn tv on by hand(remote didn't work), no towels in room until I requested them and same for toilet paper, mattress had holes in them and sheets had cig burns, and to top it off had bad roaches. I usually don't leave reviews but I was beyond upset when I entered the room because it looked nothing like website pics. As foir staff the attitude was so non caring. I don't recommend this place to nobody not even my worse enemy.

The only goid thing about this place is that it is a 2 minute drive from downtown.

Will be back

Had a drunk girl knock on my door at 1230 and when I didn't open she continued to go down the rooms until someone openend

Smelled lemony fresh when I walked in.

Room was filthy. I couldn’t cancel the room because I was gonna get charged either way. i hated it!

The room wasn’t clean. The sheets had been used I can tell! It was hair all on the sheets and my fiancé and I hadn’t even laid down yet. Disgusting!

The manager was nice that’s all I loled

Very Happy Stay.

We liked everything. Easy to find and very friendly people.

Very clean and very confortable. We would stay there again next time we're in San Antonio.

Avoid this place

Extra payment for second bed, althought it was broken. Booked with breakfast but there is nothing! Wifi signal was really poor. Old rooms, old furniture, nothing looks clean there. Worst spent money!

front desk India couple are extremly nice and kind.

no wifi, and I think they are aware of that. room is somehow dirty. when I ask the other front desk person to help maybe reboot the server, he said he could do nothing about it. I asked three times and all he can do was saying "son of b**ch" to me. Extremely rude and helpless. I think it is not safe to stay in a place with such an unpolite front desk. I booked three days but only stayed there for one night and got refund for the next two days.

front desk India couple are extremly nice and kind.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

DON'T STAY HERE!

The room was not clean and there is only one drive in and out of the hotel, but the portico is narrow and short, located too near the street, so if more than two cars try to come in, the exit is completely blocked until someone moves.

The room was nasty. There was a dead water bug in the tub that had been there long enough for other bugs to defecate around it. There were long, black hairs in the room and a ring in the toilet bowl. We brought in our own blankets and slept on top of the beds.

Never Again

Smells ugly when you walk in, burn cigarette burns on furniture, dirty, bedspread torn,floor tile messed up, that wasn't breakfast, gnats flying all over,mosquito too. I should get some kind of refund, I guess that is why he ask ed for my money before we got there. Booking.com take them off your list, never again

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Eewww!

This hotel is way overpriced!There are no coffee pots in the rooms, no amenities really at all. The room was filthy. There were dead flies all over the floor. The bathroom was full of hair. There was urine on the toilet.The pillowcases had dried boogers on them and the microwave was dirty. And the wash cloth even had lipstick on it.This hotel was a joke! With the Alamo name, you would think they would take more pride in their establishment. Atrocious!

The only thing this hotel had going for it was the large flat screen TV.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

OK, but not clean at all!

CLEANLINESS. Hairs in the bed, towels were NOT clean. Toilet didn't flush, WE had to fix the toilet tank first. The owner tried to talk us into an upgrade but it turned out he had to give us the room anyway because all other rooms were booked out. Charged us 10 dollars to store our bags in the laundary room the next day.

Location: Bus stop nearby, close to an HEB

Te Alamo Inn is a little Gem!

Ramone was amazing!!! He welcomed us so warmly, gave us great directions and options to the Alamo Dome, recommended a lovely restaurant and delivered extra towels to our room!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Nice staff, okay room

When we took showers, the water seeped out and made a puddle in our room. I also smacked a cockroach that was running around in the room.

The one gentleman from front office, was very nice and helpful. We left an item behind and when we came back, he helped us find it.

Nasty
    • Budget Double Room

Nothing everything is bad

Close to Riverwalk and site seeing

Nothing I loved everything. It was a really nice stay.

Everything was wonderful. I really enjoyed it.

The bed

False advertising breakfast included

The bed

No breakfast provided.

No breakfast provided. Digesting coffee maker. Bed shit stained. Roach crawled me.

overall ok

cleanliness

location was good

Cheap Hotel close to Downtown San Antonio, but filthy and unreliable shuttle/City bus system.

The room was filthy and the sheets were gross and the towels were gross.

The location was around a mile from Downtown San Antonio.

It met our needs

People were great. Shared stories about the history of Sam Antonio

Beds were soft.

Beds were soft. We didn't want to get up.

Good location for our event.

Good location for our event.

Comfortable nights

Comfortable beds, clean towel, great parking lot. Breakfast in the mornings. Great showers, water ran great.

No stairs

Staff was really awsome and friendly

Staff was really awsome and friendly

Expectations not met.

Tv was not functioning and the hotel is old.

The staff was friendly.

1 towel and 1 wash cloth was given for the 2 of us.

1 towel and 1 wash cloth was given for the 2 of us. Twin bed looked to have some dead bugs under the cover.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

It was close to my destination.

The toilet was broken. The website said they had breakfast but they did not. There was no wifi.

It was close to my destination.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

disinfect shower and toilet every day.

disinfect shower and toilet every day. the same piece of dirt remained on my toilet every day,indicating ikt was not disinfected every single day.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Good value.

Lot of workers staying, noisy at night and when they left in the morning.

1 mile from River Walk.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Look elsewhere before booking here.

Tatty rooms, breakfast only for the weekend (not clear when you book). Dead insects in the room and bath. No coffee machine in one room.

Leaving

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

Location that's it

Dirty and out dated does even look like they try I was upset free cable please one Chanel and fuzzy at that was afraid to even look for complamtery breakfast

Location that's it

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

The gentelman at the front, the owner was very amazing!

Location. But it's completely fenced in! Which made us comfortable!

The gentelman at the front, the owner was very amazing! If we go back this is where we will stay! Everything was welcoming and comfortable!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2016

Cheap but within a quick drive to downtown

Very durty small room; light bulbs were out and not replaced; heater was stolen from the room; bathroom was durty too; neighborhood was quite scary looking too.

Cheap but within a quick drive to downtown

• Reviewed: 18 March 2016

The only positive thing about this hotel was that it...

Next to the hotel is a bail bond and a cemetery so pretty depressing on that front. The hotel was not clean and the sheets had cigarette holes and pee stains. I stayed there with a friend and when she took the cover off of her bed she found two dimes under it so we had to assume that the sheets had not been changed since the last occupancy. Next to our room was a guest who kept his door open and walked around in his underwear. The man from reception was very nice but at one point made a pass at my friend about how he'd, "love to have two women" and adding that he was single, which only made us feel less safe. We left very early in the morning and didn't even want to imagine what breakfast would have been like. Worse places exist but I really wouldn't recommend any females staying there.

The only positive thing about this hotel was that it wasn't too far away from downtown

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

The proximity to a big landmark (Alamodome).

The are of town is a bit shady. There was no hot water for the shower and the towels looked like they were dirty.

The proximity to a big landmark (Alamodome). The owner was very accommodating with check-out time considering my event ended later in the day.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

It is located in a run-down/low income part of the city,...

It is located in a run-down/low income part of the city, but was fine for us because it was near the Freeman Coliseum where we were attending an event. The low cost was important to me so I wasn,t expecting the ritz.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

The bed was clean and comfortable.

Our card key did not work and he came open the door with a master key actual key..and told us if we left to go anywhere and we got locked out..wake him he would open our door again..we were told in our reservation that the room had coffee maker, blow dryer, iron, safe, micro fridge, alarm clock, phone...it had none of these, including no light bulbs in the lamps or the ceiling fan..our only light was the bathroom and the television, which had a problem working in the beginning, you could practically see the parking lot through the gap in the door when it was closed and locked..this place boasted all types of amenities and offered none listed, and after our experience with the room, we decided against the free breakfast and just left in the morning before check out...a lot to pay for just a semi safe bed to lay your head on for a rest...

The bed was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2015

We stopped to pay the room before going to fiesta Texas, the...

We stopped to pay the room before going to fiesta Texas, the clerk offered to put our luggage in the room. Even though it was before check in. We were then later charged on our card an extra $60 per room, cuz the owner/manager did not agree. The rooms were infested with roaches. The walkway was so small I burned myself on the ac unit steam walking past a room. The soda and snack machine were both empty or out of order. I will never stay there again, nor recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

I liked that I got a refund after I realized how...

Filthy room. Cockroaches, dirty bed, burns on every piece of furniture, reeked of smoke in non smoking room.

I liked that I got a refund after I realized how ridiculously overpriced the room was for what I was getting.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

This is my second time at this hotel.

I travel with my 67yo mom and 6yo son so I reserved a double queen bed room. When we get there we were given 1 queen bed and a twin bed. Since my mom has bad back I gave her the big bed with my son and I got small bed. Was very uncomfortable. I should've gotten a discount at least.

This is my second time at this hotel. On site Manager very nice and helpful. Facilities very clean. Actually very nice area despite its looks. Feel safe there. I'm sure I'll go again.

• Reviewed: 5 June 2015

Motel was old but clean and had pretty good bed.

Motel was old but clean and had pretty good bed. Price was comparable and probably better than most at the price. Pets are welcome (I Guess) and evidently we got a room that had a cat in it earlier. We love animals but girlfriend is allergic to cats and had a problem with sneezing and sinus drainage so we left early in the AM. room and facility was great for the price though.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

The flowery carpet, the old fashioned bed covers, toiletries...

The flowery carpet, the old fashioned bed covers, toiletries were in fact 2 little shampoos

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

Room was really dirty Bathroom hadn't been cleaned Carpet stained and was dirty Overall don't book

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

no toilet paper in bathroom

no toilet paper in bathroom

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

Extremely friendly staff!

The heater broke on our last night.

Extremely friendly staff!

everything

nothings

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Very friendly staff

Empty Trojan box in the trash can of one of our rooms

Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 10 June 2015

receptionist despot, Microwave, smells, wifi, common areas,...

receptionist despot, Microwave, smells, wifi, common areas, bathroom, no restaurant

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

Close to where I am going , within walking distance .

Nothing .

Close to where I am going , within walking distance .

There are also 21 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.