Reviews of Hotel Albuquerque At Old Town - Heritage Hotels and Resorts 3 stars

800 Rio Grande Boulevard Northwest, Albuquerque, NM 87104, USA

#14 of 123 hotels in Albuquerque

Great welcoming lobby, lovely property. Wonderful refreshing pool. Staff friendly, and our check-in woman even gave us a tour. Bed comfortable with good support, and the mountain view (odd numbered rooms) was beautiful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

low water pressure in bathroom.

I thought this was an attractive hotel with nice grounds and interior spaces. Nice club with dancing and live music, decent restaurant on-site. Large comfortable room with small balcony and good views. Nice facilities but we did not use the pool. Staff were excellent and very attentive. Short walk to small old town center.

Big and noisy hotel. Aimed at big groups and parties. As a couple, visiting the garden restaurant, we were ignored for 30 mins; we left without ordering. In the room, you hear everything from the corridor; difficult to sleep.

Once we kept the fan on, so the AC did not turn on and off it was much more quiet.

The staff was wonderful. There was a little issue with our room and it was resolved quickly. We had dinner at Gardunos and loved the shrimp tacos and burrito magnifico. Our view was of old town which was nice. The room was spacious and comfortable, but the AC was noisy.

See above

Hotel was dated for the price. I thought I was paying for a finer hotel. When my wife and I spend a few days together on a trip like this, we always go swimming at the pool. No operational pool and we would have had to go get a permission letter from them to go to another hotel around 15 minutes away?

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed for renovation - which was disappointing as that was one of the reasons we had selected this hotel over others. They did offer to get access to another hotel pool locally but not quite the same.

Nice bar with external seating, within easy walking distance of the Oldtown of Alburqueque. Friendly bar staff. Even with a wedding on the Saturday night, the hotel didn't feel like it was overly dominated by the wedding.

the pillows were on the hard side and the shower heads were a bit weak.

I took my 86 year old grandparents and my 12 year old niece to stay for 2 nights. When we checked in and they saw my grandparents, they gave them a room right next to the elevator, which was right by the parking lot, so it was super easy for them to walk back and forth to the car. They have an awesome restaurant and bar in the hotel, and a great gift shop. I was impressed with the bartender's knowledge of wine and tequila. The staff at the front desk was wonderful and helped us pack up 2 boxes of chile to ship back home via Fed-ex. She even went outside the building to get us the labels for the boxes. They also gave us waters at the front desk any time we asked. The ambiance in the hotel is beautiful, just like you would expect from Albuquerque. They have an outside seating area and also a very large pool and hot tub with poolside towels. The only thing I did not like about our room was the shower heads - they definitely need to be upgraded as there was not enough pressure, but other than that, everything was perfect. The price was excellent, and well within my grandparents tight budget of living off retirement. I would definitely stay there again.

Location was perfect to walk to Old Town and children’s museums. I highly recommend that you eat breakfast there. Staff was very friendly & helpful. We had a great view of the mountains and saw the balloons taking off in the morning.

• King Room with Balcony

They wanted to give me another price (more expensive) that you gave us They changed at the end the fee

I like the room and the view after we changed the room

The junior suite could have been quieter. The door between rooms allows for noise to pass from the adjoining room into the suite.

Excellent service from all employees. Housekeeping was very efficient. Front desk was excellent. Cesar took time to help us with our airport reservations. The restaurant was excellent...lots of excellent authentic food and large portions.

Like most hotels, you can hear everything that happens in the hallway.

We loved the bar! Fantastic. The staff is incredibly friendly and it's in a great location. We loved exploring Old Town.

• King Room with Balcony

It was very windy during our stay. The sliding glass door to the balcony was not weathertight. It caused a cold draft in the room and was very noisy.

Really good location near the old town plaza and neighborhood.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toiletry items in the bathroom had been opened and were only half full. We had to request new ones.

The breakfast was excellent. Very large omelette with an ample amount of goodies inside.

Everything was absolutely perfect!

The 11th floor balcony view was amazing. I got to watch the sun go down over the city. The bed was very comfortable and the room was easily one of the cleanest I have ever experienced. The color and Southwest design was tasteful and relaxing. The room has a Keurig and the coffee was tasty. The location is fantastic. There are cool shops in the immediate area as well as great food.

Hotel Albuquerque is a joke. Don’t be fooled by the talk of being near “Old Town” New Mexico. Old Town is nothing but a fake and seedy small, run down touristic part of ABQ. Junk and fake jewelry amidst drunks and street people. The restaurants, shops and candy stores are a sad example of what may have once been something special. Hotel Albuquerque is near this mess and to walk there, you must pass run-down businesses and parking lots. The hotel itself is old, poorly run and lacks any sense of refinement. The rooms and entire facility is reminiscent of the 1960’s or 70’s. There is stained carpet that has the design of New Mexican colors and the bathrooms are tiny, unclean spaces without shelving for toiletries. The was hair in the bathroom, both in the sink and in the shower. The shower curtains are old and have that feeling of needing to be washed - dare it touches your body when you shower. When we went out for the day, we left a note and tip for housekeeping. When we returned, the room had been untouched and it was after dark. They offered to clean it then but we did not want t have to vacate so we asked that they simply bring us towels. One would have thought that they would have offered something to us for this mistake but we had to ask. We suggested that they buy our morning coffee; they agreed and provided a voucher for said coffee. Lastly, they advertise free wifi. When you go online, you are given 3 choices: free, fast and faster. I chose free but it was truly inadequate.

The margaritas and queso. The bar is descent in the hotel restaurant.

One minor glitch - a dirty bath towel was left on the back of the door; housekeeper came immediately to get and apologized. Was not something that would stop us from staying here again.

Hotel has everything you need, great restaurant, bar, etc. Staff very friendly. Located near old town. Will definitely return.

• King Room with Balcony

Sorry to say, the in hotel restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. Terrible service, greasy tacos, very average margaritas. I would have hoped for better in such a nice hotel. We walked to Starbucks every morning for breakfast.

This is our second time staying here as our son was attending UNM. We really like the hotel and have a favorite room that they graciously gave us when requested at check in. Love the view of the city and the pool. Last time we watched an amazing lightning storm from our balcony!

HVAC system in room was very inefficient and noisy. The fan would not turn off. Had a very uncomfortable and restless night as a result. No bottled water in the room and when water was asked for at the front desk the clerk hesitatingly provided.

Most of the room features were better than most other hotels. Parking was easy and close.

The cleaning staff was aggressive in trying to clean the room in the morning. Some of the room furniture could be updated.

The unique layout of the room and window.

• King Room with Balcony

TWICE in one night night we had to go back to the front desk because our room key didn't work in the door...very frustrating!

The room was quiet and clean and the bed very comfortable.

location and parking good-however I had to check out a day early and computer was not working or something and clerk said she was e-mail me a receipt. never got it and when i called back-had to request another through some damn e-mail address and the clerk was not clear on the address. said I was not charged when I checked out a day early.. Damn sure hope so.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There wasn't any regular coffee in the room--just decaf. Tried to contact someone at the front desk but I think it must close down in the evening as I got no return call. The mattresses are due to be replaced--not the most comfortable.

The room was very clean. The decor was southwest. The breakfast was good. It was very affordable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only quibble we had was not enough plugs to charge phones/devices.

From moment we arrived, guest services were very helpful,friendly. Property is beautiful. Room was very comfortable and spacious.

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

There was no valet parking nor self-parking available so we were sent to additional parking behind the place with the only entrance being through an ongoing formal event.

We were celebrating a 70th birthday and a 40th wedding anniversary and the Hotel and its staff went above and beyond in their efforts to make our stay memorable and enjoyable. We were extremely reluctant to leave this wonderful hotel. Great bed, good shower, very tasty breakfast, short walk to the old town area, on-site parking.

Check-in was slow due to lack of staff. We were checking in around 9:00 p.m. and it took about ten minutes to get checked in. There was only one person working the check in desk when we arrived.

The room (King) was well appointed including a Keurig and a hand held mirror which my wife liked. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and competent. We ate two meals in the Garduno's Restaurant and both were delicious and fairly priced. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

The room was not vacuumed and the bathroom floor had not been swept/washed. The sliding glass doors to the patio were not cleaned properly and had fingermarks from the previous guests. The main entrance to the hotel had debris and gum on the concrete which gave us the first bad impression. That set the entire tone for our stay and made us quite uncomfortable. Also, the coffee machine in the room should have had wrapped paper cups to ensure they were sanitary. It should not have been placed in the bathroom, but in the bedroom area. The ad we saw in the internet didn't properly portray this facility. We called ahead the day we were arriving and the lady at the front desk could not even recommend a good restaurant with Mariachi music for us outside the hotel. We have stayed at the best hotels in Santa Fe and the cost of staying at Hotel Albuquerque was outrageous for what we experienced. Definitely not worth it!

The restaurant staff was the best part of the experience. They were all so friendly and helpful, and went above and beyond in assuring that we were happy with our dinner and breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

The only thing missing was an espresso option. The only coffee available within walking distance was drip from the restaurant (when they are open) or the hotel next door.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was perfect if you want to check out Old Town. View was phenomenal.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bar and restaurant area was a bit dark and cluttered feeling.

Nicely decorated southwestern style hotel near the old town plaza. Very well stocked gift shop.

• King Room with Balcony

Wonderful hotel within short (two blocks) of Old Town and all the fun things to do. Pool and hot tub were great but pool a little chilly and jets on tub not working. Everyone very friendly. Desk, restaurant, hotel staff.

• King Room with Balcony

The man in the gift shop was very stern and grumpy and warned (felt like a scolding) me to watch that I don't spill my drink (I had an iced coffee - I looked carefully beforehand for a sign to see whether I could bring it in...there was none). He stated that the shop had a lot of t-shirts and sweatshirts that could get damaged if I would spill it. I felt so bad like I had been scolded. I am a 57 year old woman!!! I ended up just drooping out of the shop very disappointed. I had wanted to buy something. I would have gladly left my drink on the counter...he could have spoken more cordially as every other staff did to me during my stay. It kind of ruined my stay because I felt the sting awhile and just couldn't shake it off.

So historic and southwestern decor is beautiful. I could just sit in the lobby and enjoy. All staff were incredibly friendly saying hello and greeting with a short pleasantry. Loved the gorgeous pool, fountain and chapel. So near Old Town, restaurants, and museums!!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No help with luggage, no where to park and no luggage carts. We have mobility issues and finally a restaurant employee came to our rescue. Room key did not work. Bathroom door stuck trapping one of us in and later the other out. Not good at 3 am! Service terrible.

Location was excellent. Beds great. Lobby and gift shop very attractive and full of local flavor. Ice machine handy and elevator in a good location. Restaurant food was delicious!!!??

• King Room with Balcony

It took longer than expected to receive our breakfast order.

Front desk clerk was friendly and efficient at check-in. Room was as advertised with balcony and great view of Old Town. Breakfast was good. Server was friendly.

No complaints.

The room was very clean and the bed and linens were wonderful!!! The hotel has a terrific dining room and beautiful outdoor garden patio. We would definitely stay here again, it's charming!

All good

The location right in Old Town and next to 2 of the big museums we wanted to visit was a real plus. Everyone at the hotel was helpful and welcoming. The restaurant is good but be careful New Mexican -Mexican food is hot!

• King Room with Balcony

I would have preferred easier access to outlets for charging our phones. Compared to the size of the room, the bathroom was small, with very limited counter space. The bathroom was the only negative about the room.

The staff person who checked us in was fabulous. We arrived before the usual check-in time, but our room -- upgraded to a "junior suite" -- was already available. She told us about Old Town, and gave us a map and discount information for area businesses. The room was quite large and nicely appointed, with a small patio.

bathroom sink a bit for for hygiene items

staff helpful and friendly, restaurant and bar/venue convenient, trolley pick (concierge was our tour guide!)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Terrible cheap and painfully hard mattresses. Very low quality. Hotel has been updated but cheap fittings used

Trades on its great location, not comfort

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was nothing we disliked, but breakfast wasn't included, despite the price.

We asked at reception for extra coffees; by the time we got back to our room, housekeeping had arrived with the extras! Couldn't have been more prompt. In-house restaurant was most convenient, because we did not want to go in to Albuquerque.

The bed could be a little softer for me.

Very nice hotel in the historic district. Super friendly hotel and wait staff with great traditional New Mexican food.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A little less air conditioning in the lobby would have been preferable.. One morning there wasn't hot water for awhile.

Continental breakfast was very good. The room was very quiet.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• King Room with Balcony

The info on the internet says the hotel has been updated and is has not the carpets are old and stained it is definitely not a 4 star hotel as it was sold to us and definitely not worth the price we paid. No USB ports available through out the room. The water in shower would not drain fast enough when ever we showered. We probably would not return. Thanks

The front desk staff could have been more informative. For example, when we arrived in our room, it was warm. We tried to change the controls on the A/C unit. No response. So, we called the front desk. We were informed that they had routed all controls to the unit on the wall next to the bathroom. Ok, problem solved. Ten minutes later, we're trying to connect to the hotel's WiFi. It was not automatic and no one had told us a login and password. Another call to the front desk, and our question was answered. Although the front desk person was polite on each call, these calls (and minor frustrations) could have been avoided with just a little more information when we checked in.

The room was larger than usual. Also, I received a standard text earlier in the day of my arrival. I wrote back with a request. Within 10 minutes, I had a personal response. Super fast!

Loved everything

It was very pleasant from the time we walked in the door all the way to leaving. Wished we had another day. Plan on booking this hotel again

Actually, nothing could have been better. Oh, okay - one thing. The air conditioner sometimes was noisy, but most of the time it was not.

The appointments and grounds of this hotel are lovely. It was so peaceful. Seeing the southwestern architecture from the window was wonderful. We were fortunate to get to see a wedding in the distance and we had a little balcony to experience the rain and the mariachis. The hotel restaurant is time-honored Albquerque favorite, Garduños, which we enjoyed very very much. Unlike the Rio Garduños, tables are set far apart and it is not noisy. We asked for a room on a lower flower and that's what we got. The refrigerator and microwave were a great addition to the room. Mattress and linens were superior.

The bed was so hard and very uncomfortable. In 20 days of road trip travel, this was the worst bed of all the hotels. I did share my feelings with a staff person and was asked if I wanted another blanket. Odd response. The desk chair was cute but completely unfunctional. Basically useless. I had to do my internet work sitting in bed. I will not book here again even though the lobby was beautiful.

The lobby was beautiful and the gift shop was nice! The restaurant had delicious food but waitress rather unattentive once food was served.

• King Room with Balcony

The menu selection could have been more varied - a little less Mexican.

Our waiter Justin was an absolute joy. He is a hard working young man with a bright future ahead of him. His people skills are fantastic.I wish the menu selection wasn't so Mexican.

WiFi was fair outside of the lobby, Business Center internet was non existent.

The upgrades that Heritage has done to this property makes it a great place to stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Extremely comfortable beds in a southwest flavored room. They had the biggest TV I've ever seen in a hotel room. Too bad we didn't have more time to spend at this hotel. My favorite one in ABQ so far. It was amazing to be able to walk to Old Town and the Museum of Natural History and Planetarium... not to mention the best NM bakery of all time. Will be back!!!

Rooms and Coffee, Rooms are aieconditioned only, ( not able to open a window) and more catered towards Business than Tourists.Coffee (Starbucks and in Room Coffeemaker, provides very bad coffee. Room was old decor and very basic, needs some remodling, to make it into the 21st century..

The Swimming pool and the cookies in the afternoon at the Reseption.The Lobby and Grounds, as well as the pool is very clean and tasteful.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The bathroom was clean but needs updates. The shower curtain was falling off and has unpleasant stains. The shower head is corroded and water doesn't flow well. The double beds are really small. Just a heads up you may encounter construction noise and roll off dumpsters as the new Hotel ChaCo next door is under construction.

This huge hotel is only a half mile from the I-40 but it's very quiet. It's really conveniently located to the highway and Old Towne with lots of options for restaurants and shops. The property is really beautiful and inviting. Our double room was plenty big for a quick overnight. The corner window that each room has is really nice and lets in great light. The TV is the largest I've ever seen in a hotel. Char, who checked us in was pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Food in the restaurant is OK, large portions, but don't expect gastronomy.

Large and comfortable rooms. I had a quiet room, as requested. I did like the Southwestern atmosphere and decoration very much.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

It was not the hotel's fault, but the other guests on my floor were incredibly noisy! They kept me up until past midnight! I had to complain twice. The security guard did come by to keep them quiet. However, no one apologozed to me when I was checking out. :/ Also their beds could be a lot more comfortable, and the bathrooms should be updated (wallpaper peeling away from wall in places).

I like this hotel. I generally stay there when flying in or out of ABQ. The staff is very nice and te room is homey. I think it's fairly good value.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

The beds have more than enough pillows to ensure a good nights rest! I enjoyed having a fluffy robe to wear around the room and relax in after a long drive.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

No hot water in the bathroom sink only in tub. Room outdated and tired looking. Duplicate tips for room service that felt deceptive

Beautiful lobby.. Great pillows. Staff nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Nothing could have been better. I want to come back with my husband for a few days' stay and a longer chance to enjoy the hotel and the town.

Got in very late the night before. Driving into town for a flight out of Albuquerque the next day. Thoughtful greeting at your reception desk. Watched a half hour of great Latin dancing before the bar closed. Had a great night's sleep, then a delicious lunch and Marguerita at your beautiful restaurant.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

When I first checked in, I had a lot with me, I was told to get a cart myself. I did not like that, I struggled to get all of my stuff in. At the end, I asked for someone to come up with the cart. It really helped!! I struggled to get a comfortable temp. in the room. It was cold, when I first got there. I had to turn it up quite a bit, then it was too hot. So went back and forth during the stay.

The staff was awesome!! I liked being able to text, and they would come right up. I really enjoyed the food. I had several different meals, over the course of my stay. The red chile enchiladas with an egg over easy was my favorite. I brought my own Christmas decorations for the room. And it made me happy, that the staff noticed.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Ask for room facing old town. Otherside you get nice view of parking lot and freeway.

Location near old town and museums. Good Mexican resturant in hotel. New Mexico ambiance.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

The water was turned off for about five hours on the day of arrival and when it was turned back on there were particles coming out of the faucet. Also, the pool and hot tub were both closed. The carpet looked really dirty and the shower tub had several dents in it. It just wasn't what I was expecting.

The hotel is in a good location and the bed and linens were in good condition.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

The look out the windows was a construction site. Noisy in the daytime hours.

Fantastic grounds, staff were very helpful and friendly. Bed pillows were a great comfort.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Size of room & bathroom were quite small. No luggage dolly or bellman available.

Location to old town. Cleanliness. Comfortable bed. Room's furnishings well done in southwest style. View of balloons launching. Convenient parking.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

It was very noisy. People screaming in hallways made sleeping a problem. Loud party woke us up on 7th floor! They were in the courtyard!

Loved the area and the hotel was beautiful

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

The pool area was affected by some building work nearby but hopefully soon finished.

Situated walking distance to the charming Old Town area with a lively evening show and restaurant garden onsite. Great views from the upper rooms of the stunning cityscape.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• King Room with Balcony

There is a Garduno's onsite which is a chain restaurant and not something a local would eat at, and the rooms are not as modern as I'd like and the air conditioner is loud

This hotel (the old Sheraton) is located right next to Old Town and only a couple blocks from the highway. The public spaces (lobby, restaurant, gift shop, pool, patio and gardens) were wonderfully decorated and enticing. The rooms are large and comfortable, and both the in-room wifi and guest parking are free. the staff were friendly and attentive and the service was prompt.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

For the price the hotel needs to pay more attention to cleanness details: mal odor in hall way on floor 9, room shower head full of lime build up, chips in bath tub, it was hard to keep water in bath area, black tile grout. Also, there are major parking issue due to the night club. But don't get me wrong the awesomeness of the property out ways the little winey things I'm complaining 'bout.

The location and the fact that the hotel is a vintage property! Gardunos being open till 10:30 and being able to walk back to your room after a cocktail. The more than accommodating front desk staff.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Bathroom was very small and opened right into the side of the bed. There were some very sharp cracks in the tub where it had been reglazed poorly and no counter at all.

All of the public areas were full of character and beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We also liked the restaurant

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The food is excellent. And I stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to Old Town and the magnificent outside garden for eating. It is beautiful.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Not enough electrical/computer outlets. The dining room is not buttoned down personnel wise, and a bit pricy for the fare presented. the staff seemed very friendly but a bit out of sync. perhaps the day time or season, but they missed on a few easy wins for us. Not critical but perhaps a hint of problems to come.

Room was great. Terrific view the higher. Not enough electrical outlets. The young woman who was hostess at the dining room this night 7/29 was delightful and helpful esp. when a monsoon arrived while outside dining...beds very comfortable. bathroom small but workable. the parking was plentiful. the free newspapers USA TODAY and the local were appreciated.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• King Room with Balcony

No refrigerator. You'd expect one for the money you pay. Even Motel 6 supplies one for 1/8 of the money.

Service was excellent and the bed was to die for - super comfort.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

The rooms were really clean, but a little worn.

The hotel staff was really friendly! They were able to give us great recommendations on things to do and restaurants in the area. The pool area is nice and we had a lot of fun swimming.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

There is a Mexican restaurant on site which is good but Mexican. The only alternative is a bar which was occupied by weddings & conferences during our stay.

It is a big lively hotel close to Albuquerque Old Town and IS40.. The room was spacious & well equipped. The staff were helpful

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

The rooms could use an upgrade. The desk chair was interesting to look at but uncomfortable. Extension cords are not appropriate and outlets inconvenient. A pedestal sink is very limited.

I loved the overall ambience. Having a restaurant and lounge on site was a plus. Nice views from upper floors. All staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

A lot bigger than expected. There was two weddings and two conferences on but the hotel managed easily. Very close to old town which is worth a visit. Really nice atmosphere.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great swimming pool. Very good bar and restaurant.

The bathroom was a little small and a little more counter top space would have been nice.

Room was very spacious and the king bed was very comfy.

Browse Hotel Albuquerque At Old Town - Heritage Hotels and Resorts traveller photo gallery