Reviews of Allegria Hotel 4 stars

80 West Broadway, Long Beach, NY 11561, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Long Beach

6.2

I have been in this hotel.

The unfriendly and quite unprofessional attitude off say so manager.We were about to leave and i had to exchange my clothes on the bathroom. Someone went clap at hik saying I it was naked woman in the bathtoom.Excuse moa. I assume the bathroom. Would.be appropriated place for quick exchange !Not at the qss llobby.And he was annoying my husband with nonsense. So we have return to Long Beach but decide to drive back.We only use the restaurants and the bar at the lounge. Is good to stay in the middle of week for a day .No more them this.

I have been in this hotel.In several occasions. The pool area can be really cool.for chilling and enjoy the drinks made by Andrew staff!.They were quite delicious.And I couldnt have done any better.

It was an overall ok stay the hotel needs to improve the gym location and add more guest services.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The hotel needs to improve the location of the gym it’s now basically in an elongated stuffy closet on the lobby level with no windows!!! There seriously needs to be more activities to keep yo entertained like a spa for the price we pay they think just because it’s on the beach they can get away with a higher price and no guest service well it rained for 50% of my stay was really bored ☹️. Not even a fridge in my room!!

The location and the activities from the town when it wasn’t raining.

The view was pretty, but then again looking at the ocean is...
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

We arrived after a long drive for our room not to be ready. We arrived at 3:45 and the room was not ready until after 4:20. There was only one working elevator which made the wait extremely long. Many of the lights weren’t working in the already dark room. There was a wedding whose music was blasting with base until about 12:30am. That’s a little rough when you have 2 toddlers trying to sleep. The hallways were so loud with people partying that we were woken up multiple times. No security to help. I booked this hotel via booking.com a week before my brother and mother booked at my suggestion. I paid over $100 more than them. It was a disappointing stay.

The view was pretty, but then again looking at the ocean is always nice.

Not worth the high cost
    • King Room with Ocean View

The whole hotel had incredibly shoddy construction. Way too many things built poorly to mention. It gave the hotel an overall cheap appearance.

Breakfast was very good

The location was fine but I must say it is a terrible hotel.

The location was fine but I must say it is a terrible hotel. Never again! So much noise around the hotel and they are all so rude.... I stayed there with my husband and my 8 month old baby and we just couldn’t sleep. They do the cleaning of the empty rooms at midnight and they were doing renovations around the hotel also at night time... the place is old and dirty. I really hoped I would’ve seen reviews before booking this awful hotel.

Great beach views and access and wonderful staff. Wish the rooms were sound proof/update

Room doors are NOT sound proof so I hear the cleaners LOUDLY around the clock if I was in the room. So the whole point of relaxation was challenging. Parts of room were old and broken Chair was stained Expensive for what it was

Staff was amazing. Very helpful and friendly. Loved the beach view and location of the hotel was right by the boardwalk

Location is everything

Resort fee was high and no In Room coffee maker.

Great location right on the ocean but you pay for it. Walked the boardwalk and enjoyed beautiful breakfasts overlooking the water.

The view of the ocean was amazing!
    • King Room with Ocean View

The furniture is old and the metals of the shower curtain were rusty.

The view of the ocean was amazing! It is walking distance to the Long Beach train station.

My stay overall was magnificent. I will definitely be coming back.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

The food was very expensive, I ordered shrimp cocktail for dinner I thought it would come with a little vegetable and a potato but it was just 7 large shrimp for $15 dollars. It was good but I also had to order something else that was very pricey.

I liked the room, the restaurant, the lounge area,the bar,the food was excellent,and the fitness area. The staff was wonderful. I did not want to leave. I will be coming back.

Short but pleasant

We had to leave at 7am and breakfast was supposed to start at 6.30. The closed sign was still up at 6.50 and we had to kiss breakfast

Furnishings and friendliness

We had a great stay at the Allegria.
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

We had a great stay at the Allegria. The room was very clean and modern. The staff were friendly and cordial. We would definitely stay there again.

Great view but there must be a staff in place to maintain the needed level of quality
    • King Suite with Partial Ocean View

We have notice over the course of our visits the following areas that need improvement: - bellhop service needs to be year round - room 410 needs its entry door fixed so it doesn’t drag on the floor - the curtain on the far left was not hooked correctly and was dirty - the central heating system was malfunctioning to the point where a portable heater was required - the amount of lighting was insufficient and additional lighting (a lamp) had to be requested - countertops were in need of replacement and were not clean. - trash cans need to be larger - for the cost to stay there should not be cracks in the leather lounge chairs in the mezzanine

Nice atmosphere, nice staff, great view

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

Unprofessional staff.very poor service. Understaffed valet parking personnel. Though spacious room, and not an old hotel, things looked unkept!!

Being on the boardwalk.

The best part of the trip were the employees; from Hannah at the front desk, to Chris at valet

Selection

We ate the buffet; found it to be small. It was just okay. The bacon was chewy and the eggs were not that hot. The selection was minimal. But the wait staff was fabulous and attentive; coffee was great!!

Was not happy. Definitely not a luxury hotel as stated. Poor accommodations, dissappointed!
    • Sunrise Ocean Front King Suite

Called to see if room was ready and told it was. Got there and it wasn't. Front desk was distracted, and didn't offer anything to keep me happy. Room was dirty, windows off hinges, bathroom was falling apart. Walked into a King Suite with no amenities - no coffee maker, microwave, bathroom accessories, small amount of small towels (not bath size). Only one phone to lobby that didn't work. Not what I expected for the money I spent. The only good thing about it was the view. Had to depart early because the room was located over bar which had a band playing so loud with a booming sound that the room shook. Bed was hard and uncomfortable. They need to refurbish and get their act together!

The dinner in the Atlantica was perfect! perfect view of the ocean and boardwalk

Enjoyable. A bit overpriced, particularly since it was off season.
    • King Room with Ocean View

Room was not prepared properly..no bathroom glasses, no coffee maker and a missing remote. Breakfast buffet was same all 3 days. Service was slow on Sunday.

Bed and room terrific. Bar-very good. Great location.

Great place to stay, the view/access to boardwalk are great, photos accurately represent property
    • Sunset Ocean Front King Suite

Floors had not been cleaned and had hairclips and other mess on them, also no glasses or other crockery in the suite, but this was a minor thing that did not really detract from our stay

Location is perfect, check in and out very easy, staff very friendly, room was spacious

Tranquility
    • Sunset Ocean Front King Suite

Love being no higher than 5th floor. I was on 7. It was great, but lower, you feel as though the water is coming in your room. HOWEVER, still love this hotel.

The location is what keeps me coming back. Happy hour appetizers, 5 stars

Booked at a discount offseason. Not worth the money to stay again. WOULD NEVER PAY FULL PRICE.
    • King Room with Ocean View

Awful service at the bar.. AWFUL. Breakfast buffet was cheap. Service was much better at breakfast. NO ROOM SERVICE. NO MOVIE RENTALS. Nothing nice really at this hotel except the view.

Gorgeous views of the boardwalk.

Could be a great hotel but needs a serious manager to get this place right.

Position and beach view

Great location but very disappointed at the lack of basic services and normal hotel expectations. Pool was closed without advising us. No hot water in the morning for a shower. No kettle or any room facilities.,no hotel information book ,no water in the gym.,totally untrained and overwhelmed reception.

Stunning location, easy to get from JFK.
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

Reseptionists servises totally lack of service. Pillows,bed,comforters cheep and uncomfortable.

Stunning location, easy to get from JFK. Reseption ? lousy services no knowledge about area around and no wish to try to help. One off the girls in reception :I dont drive i dont even think about driving and I'm certainly not gonna get a license so any information about driving & rental cars in the area was difficult. Room dirty , floor sticky , stains,mould nothing was made to fix this matter the next day. Breakfast was the highlight of the stay & the only Luxury about the hole hotell.

It was good, but not perfect! You should work for good opinion!
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

The room service is on really low level! They can't take out the rubbish, lay beds or change towels. They did it only once in our 3 days staying!! It was furiousing! The reception don't know what happens and They can't Help you with your problem. They tell us about towels and sunbeds for beach, but when we go to the beach, there were no towels or sunbeds! This hotel is in really good place, have beautiful decorating, but They should change few things, the most people! If They change it, probably it will be worth its high price, but for now, it is not.

I weny to this hotel in August, this summer and we were so happy. The view was really good. The Gym and the swimming pool were in so amazing place! The restauant was great and meals were delicious!

Beautiful location. Pretty inside of hotel. Poor service probably because of understaffed situatio
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Play the property nickel and dimension us at every turn. They were extremely understaffed. A supposed resort had no coffee maker or cups in our room and the telephone was unplugged. We were told we could use the pool and the pool was closed No one helped us with our luggage arriving or leaving

The windows onto the beach open well and the black out curtains were very good

I came to unwind and de-stress and my stay there helped me to accomplish that!!
    • King Room with Ocean View

There seems to be an issue with gnats in that area and there were a few of them in my room but the staff was very accommodating in helping me to resolve the issue.

The breakfast was delicious and very filling!! The view was great and the beach and boardwalk were very relaxing and enjoyable.

Rocky start because the room wasn't clean and wasn't ready on time, but a great stay anyway.
    • King Suite with Partial Beach View

The room wasn't ready on time, and it wasn't clean when they gave us the keys. They re-cleaned it and made it up to us by discounting the bill and treating us to dinner and breakfast. I would stay there again despite these issues.

The king suite is HUGE! Also, the coffee at breakfast was particularly good. We love the rooftop pool and easy beach access.

roof top pool was very nice.

said they had room service on the website and when we arrived, found out it was discontinued. need a small dorm fridge in room and more hooks to hang wet suits and towels

roof top pool was very nice. The rain shower head was excellent. very close to the beach

Pleasant room and staff. Wonderful ocean view.
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

Having to carry chairs down to beach or pay for beach umbrellas. Room charge is high. No balconies.

Excellent customer service. Very friendly and helpful.

Beach was nice and it's great to have a hotel right on a good beach within ~1h train from Midtown
    • King Room with Ocean View

Did pay quite a bit extra for a full ocean view room, was given lowest floor room at the back with sliver of view, when opened window smelled smoke all night from people smoking in front of lobby. Should've booked cheapest room without view since was just offered a poor room from the money. Check-in took long as I was stuck behind someone who had difficulties and questions for the staff and there was only one person dealing with new guests at prime check-in time in the late afternoon. When my turn came the printer didn't work and I was given a room that wasn't worth the extra charges.

Location is great, right by the beach and a cafe. Can walk from Long Island Rail Road. Dinner options within walking distance. Beach is well cared for and pleasant. A family and friendly environment for all. The staff gave the required beach cards which was helpful and towels, that's a nice touch that makes you feel less upset at the $35+tax resort fee.

Nice location, horrible service
    • King Suite with Partial Beach View

MOLD In the bathroom, they told me it was the tile design. I tried to change rooms repeatedly, they didn't have anything. No one would ever answe the bell desk or main line. An awful hotel.

Proximity to boardwalk and beach.

Furniture of the room broken, desk and old scratched nite tables,worn dirty upholstery on the chairs and backboard of bed. Wood floor very scratched. Nice that there was no carpets but when being cleaned by housekeeping made terrible loud noise early in morning furniture dragged across the floor. Window frame rusty no screen so flies mosquitoes came in. Hard to leave window open to hear ocean at night because of this. Beach chairs very flimsy considering the 35 dollar daily resort fee and how they market the hotel as luxury hotel. Does not justify the nightly rate. rooftop bar not open, disappointing.

Proximity to boardwalk and beach.

Location for the hotel to the beach, not the area.
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

The area was not as expected. The staff in the restaurant was very poor, but the food was good.

Location for the hotel to the beach, not the area. RT with the pool

we were staying there for 3 days, there were not ...
    • King Room with Ocean View

All staffs were friendly, allow us to delay checking out at 12:30. Many thanks.

we were staying there for 3 days, there were not housekeeper came to cleaning up.

Rip-off rather than luxury hotel
    • Sunset Ocean Front King Suite

Beyond the excellent location of the hotel overlooking the boardwalk and beach in Long Beach, the hotel was run very poorly. It claims to be a luxury hotel and charges luxury prices but it is not. It was not possible to check in on time the first day, and we had to wait and wait. We were given a suite on the lowest guest floor (3), which was just above the crowd of people on the boardwalk and was extremely unpleasant. Fortunately, the hotel allow us to move to a higher floor the 2nd night, but that meant we could not unpack or use the day before the move fruitfully. The hotel is in disrepair. The suites have the nice feature of having an extra toilet but in both rooms we were in, the extra toilet did not work and we had to wait around for a repairman. My husband always tipped copiously but as soon as the repairman left, the toilet would not work again. In the second room, the door would not close from the outside, and the maid thus left the door to our room open while we were out. We had to wait for and tip another repairman before we could safely leave the room with the door properly closed. The first room we were in had heat on rather than air conditioning and no instructions about how to use the thermostats -- another service call and tip. The second room, had labels pasted on the wall next to the thermostats showing how to use them. The rooms are very poorly stocked. The suite had 2 thin plastic cups for 2 people so if you wanted to use a cup for brushing your teeth and drink a beverage, you had to use the same cup. There was a coffee maker for using coffee pods but every day there were only one or two pods of decaf in the room: no regular coffee, no creamer, no sweeteners. On the last day we asked for some regular coffee at the front desk -- then several types of regular coffee, creamer, sweetener were brought to us -- another tip. The first room had not robes but the second one did. The first room had no tissues.

The panoramic view of the beach through the windows of a sea-view suite is wonderful. The suite was very spacious. The hotel bars are enjoyable and offer good drinks and snacks.

Perfect location, nice building but not sufficient quality of services.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beautiful building but missmanagement, not proper control of people, suboptimal hygiene. It needs somebody who will increase the quality of a service.

Fantastic location- in the middle of the Long Beach. Good parking and railway connection to the NYC.

Overpriced for what you get - terrible staff
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

The rooftop pool was exceedingly small and the pool closed too early (7pm). The hotel is overpriced for what you get, especially the customer service. The AC did not work well and the room was very warm. Also, housekeeping was terrible. They took the used soap out of the bathroom and did not replace it with new soap bars nor did they leave an extra roll of toilet paper. The floors were not cleaned which creates a big problem for a beach hotel where the guests bring in sand from the beach. Last but not least the staff was incredibly unprofessional and didn't appear to have the training required for a "luxury" hotel. For example, after a long, hot day in the city, my kids and I returned exhausted and in need of showers. My son was actually in the shower when he realized there was no soap. When I called the front desk to request soap right away, it took a half hour wait and two additional phone calls to get the soap. This is not the level of service I expect from a high priced luxury hotel. Very disappointing.

Location was great. Right on the beach. The lounge was nice also.

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

The beach 'chairs' were poor quality. They were tiny in size not suitable for the beach. There were no umbrellas to shelter from the sun neither on the beach or by the pool. The hotel is being refurbished, only one lift was working for most of our stay. When checking in no one explained what facilities there were for dinning, where to get a drink from, bar near the pool was shut. We were very disappointed as this was supposed to be the high light of our holiday as it was sold as a luxury hotel. With the lack of facilities by the pool and on the beach it is not.

The location close to the train station and the beach

Nice, but not sure I'd visit again

I didn't like the following: - luke warm shower at best. 2 people could not take a shower with hot water - a half roll of toilet paper left in room... Cheap! - the hair dryer that was broken and had to wait on a replacement - No bottled waters in the room! Really... - waited over 30 minutes for valet staff to park the 2 cars in front of me - Not sure customer service is in the onboarding manual for some of the front desk staff - And, still waiting on my receipt to be emailed to me...

- Room was very nice - Bed was comfortable and the place is very quiet for sleeping - Really nice property and you don't have to leave once you arrive - Walking out to boardwalk was really nice - View from rooftop is great...

Time alone with God at the ocean
    • Double Room with Ocean View

The toilet in my room didn't flush completely every time.

Modern beach interior decor, room windows open fully to let in ocean breeze, sights and sounds, free parking, spectacular ocean view, 10 min walk to restaurants, shops and public transportation

One step up from motel
    • King Room with Ocean View

No room service (!!!), very cheap bed and pillows, multiple flies in room, no water pressure, very very overpriced for what you get. Walk 10 blocks in the other direction and get the same level of comfort for 1/3 the price.

Location near the beach and walking distance to the train.

Beautiful views
    • King Room with Ocean View

There was no creamer or sugar in the room by the coffee machine. The floor of the shower, which I did not realize until after I stepped in, had sand on the floor. (The floor is wooden looking so I did not see. Also, I ASSUME it was sand.) Rinsed away after I swished the water.

The view was amazing! Dinner was delicious with a wonderful view.

TWO NIGHTS TO RELAX AND CHILL OUT OF MANHATTAN!!
    • King Room with Ocean View

I love the Lounge,located on the second floor and the salon at Roof top. Very nice.Drinks can be found at the lounge.They were great and they have a fantastic menu.Great food. Great views from.the roof top. The suites were clean. Askes for ocean view.The linens I had to made a complaint. They came in and exchanged immediately . Very quiet. I relaxed by the pool. I like it.He wasnt very happy.I enjoyed. Simple place in a very quiet comunity. Will return in.the end of August. We always travel in.July. Is perfect place for a short stay. And if you dont want to go too far. Very close to Fire Island!

Too much for too little

The accommodations were lackluster at best for 1000.00 per night my expectations were not met. I would never go there again for any price. I think they need to remodel the rooms the lobby and outside are the best part of the hotel. Very disappointed

Location was great

Luxury prices for a crappy hotel with a great view.
    • Sunset Ocean Front King Suite

The hotel was lacking in all normal amenities, rooms were sparse and poorly attended to. The bed frame was broken and made a wood cracking sound whenever my partner got in or out. When we opened the bay window it fell off the latch. The mattress cover under the sheet was stained and had short black hairs. Our garbage was never emptied even though it contained food. Although two of us stayed in a king suite, only one cup of regular and one cup of decaf coffee were provided daily? Numerous other annoyances. A low service hotel in a prime Beach location.

The only great thing about this hotel is the location, right on the beach boardwalk, with a wonderful view and the sounds of the ocean, if you open the windows. Younger adults would likely appreciate the overall vibe, rooftop pool and lounge

Clean and comfortable generous size rooms.

Menu in the restaurant was very limited. Check in at 4:00 and check out at 11:00 left us standard to much of the time. Ran out of Bud light early in the evening

Clean and comfortable generous size rooms. Staff is great!

Money well spent.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There wasn't one thing not to like. Everything went super perfect.

The food was great, not a whole lot to choose from but excellent staff and beds and pillows were super comfy.

Beautiful views.
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

1. The check in is too late and check out is too early. You barely have access to the room during daylight hours. 2. You are not allowed any food or drink in the pool area. There is nowhere to even get a water near the pool. You have to go take an elevator to get some water. 3. Every single time I asked a member of the staff a question, I got a conflicting answer from another staff member. In the case of the pool rule mentioned above, I was told at one point i could take a paper cup up there, then another bartender told me I could take glass, then when i got up to the pool i was turned away with my overpriced beer and told I must drink it before entering. 4. Upon giving up on bringing anything upstairs and sitting down at the bar to get food, it then took 15 minutes to be spoken to, or made eye contact with, at an almost empty bar. When I was finally spoken to, the bartender seemed downright furious with me for some unknown reason. 5. Was for some reason told I was not allowed to order from a regular menu during the lunch hours, while I watched every SINGLE table around me order from a regular menu. 6. When I went to pay for my $18, tiny and underwhelming crab-cake sliders, that wasn’t even something I wanted, they suddenly had a complete breakdown of their payment system and I was unable to pay with a card. 7. When we were finally allowed into our room, a friend went to pick up her bag from bag holding area, she discovered that they had pretty much lost track of it, and then 20 minutes later they found it under a random person’s desk in an office not part of the bag area. 8. Our shower did not get hot all weekend. The water was freezing cold. 9. The pool closes just at about 6:30PM. Why??? Why would that be? These are all minor issues that did not by any means ruin the stay. I am only complaining about this because of the very high cost of this hotel.

Beautiful views. Great location.

GO GO GO!

This hotel is the BEST!!

The Ocean view from our room was spectacular, the rooms were so clean and allergy-friendly, and the staff was the best I have ever come across!!

Not worth the premium rate.
    • King Room with Ocean View

Paper thin walls. Check in isn't until 4. Room had broken light fixture, the window had trouble opening, the toilet kept running

Comfortable bed. Great location.

Quality Stay

The checkout crew was a hint brash, needed a little more personality.

The check in staff was super cool and gave me an awesome upgrade. Accommodations and location were spot on.

Website Deception

Everything, the only thing this hotel has going is its location in the beach

This property was featured as a upscale property and it was anything but upscale. We were hoping to have a relaxing weekend trip but from check in to the hotel restaurant to noisy room (you can hear the room above you and beside you) to the temp in the room, it was very disappointing There staff in the bar was nice, but food is not served there after 10 pm, just FYI, if you arrive after 10 you will find no food at this i hotel. It is sad because the property has potential to be a really nice place.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

It was ok

Amenities were limited. No room service. Pool is small. Restaurant food was ok. Bed was made with top sheets only. I personally think there should be a fitted sheet and a duvet cover. Room was clean. There were only black out shades, no sheers to cover window during the day/evening. This was an issue when getting dressed before going out and I had a street side room.

Most likely the "nicest" hotel in the area.

The location of the hotel right behind the boardwalk with a...
    • Double Room with Ocean View

The swimming pool only opens at the end of April, and therefore was not accessible at the time of our stay. When we checked in, we were not informed that a complimentary continental breakfast was offerred, for which reason we missed taking advantage of it.

The location of the hotel right behind the boardwalk with a great view of the beach and the ocean. We were able to leave our luggage at the front desk before checking in and again after checking out; this was handled very competently.

Nice room on the boardwalk
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

Staff at front desk was just ok ... booked 2 rooms somehow they thought was 3 rooms and gave a bit of attitude when we showed reservations for only 2. Coffee pot in room didn't work.

The hotel was nice, right on the boardwalk. The rooms were comfortable. Valet parking available but we were always able to find on street parking. Restaurant though expensive was very good with friendly servers.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Would not return
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Did not make up room first day. No robe as promised. Bed uncomfortable. Not very clean. Noisy. No one answers the phone when you call front desk or the housekeeping line. Had to go down to the lobby to get more tolet paper

Location was good

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Awful Hotel at a Premium Rate
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

There was a ton of noise coming from the room next door all night. When the hotel is empty at least spread people apart so they don't hear blaring music all night. Wall are made out of paper. The linen was rock hard. No water or any drinks in the fridge not even to purchase. Awful expirience at a premium

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Watch out for the hidden charge which booking.com did not display

The hidden charge of $35 not included in booking.com website for "Resort Fee" outrageous. Yes the hotel was right by the beach but how can you charge $35 plus sales tax for a "Resort Fee" in February in New York when there is snow on the pavements, outside air temperature was at freezing and anyone venturing onto the beach would have caught hypothermia within minutes!! Not realistic and just a cash cow charge which should not be levied at this time of year.

everything about the hotel was excellent from the staff to location, facilities etc

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

It was a good one night getaway from the city.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

I was surprised that the towels weren't softer for an expensive hotel and the resort fee was annoying. We did get two free glasses of wine with the resort fee but you had to get them in the bar where they were showing football really loud. We sat by the fireplace away from the bar, but it was still blaring -- not particularly romantic -- and gave us both a headache.

The location was amazing with a view over the ocean. We walked from the train.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Good spot to chill out
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

A newish, clean and very pleasant hotel on the Boardwalk of Long Beach Lomg Island. We thought it was closer to JFK than it was but worth the ride for a 22 hour stopover

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Luxury hotel on Long Beach
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

They overcharged me for stay, but this hotel is known for that; I called two times to clarify bill, they promised to call me back and no one did; This hotel did same in the past; it was $40-50 so I just swallowed cost, because promo price was good

It is the ONLY luxury hotel on Long Beach so if you travel there for a short stay; you don't have any other options :)

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

VERY nicely decorated, comfortable lounges - made you want...

Walls VERY thin heard everything from hallway and rooms on either side of us. Pillow VERY uncomfortable.

VERY nicely decorated, comfortable lounges - made you want to spend time in them , and we did! Fireplace in cool weather nice touch.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Friday night getaway
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

The guide on the TV didn't give any room service menu options - also had problems connecting to the wifi.

Bed was comfy, ocean view was nice (despite it being partial view). Absolutely loved the decor, the shower was amazing. Overall great experience.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The staff was helpful and very friendly.

The swimming pool could be open also later in the fall if and when the weather allows.

The staff was helpful and very friendly. Cleaning was excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Not worth the price.
    • King Room with Ocean View

Over priced for the accommodations. There was even a $30 charge for parking. Food was mediocre. Reminded me of wedding food. The" lounge" was dead. They didn't even have music. When my friends came we had to tell them to put up the music. The restaurant was also empty. Surpisinly on a friday night. When I tryed to book a reservation for dinner online they said they were all booked up. The earliest they had was 3pm. So when we arrived I was surprise to see the place empty. Great tactic though on their end. I paid less at the Venetian in Vegas per night. This place has pitential but they are definitely not doing the right things to bring in clientele. No wonder they went bankrupt.

Location was amazing.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Comfortable bed and bathroom.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool is closed after labor day and they don´t give that information when you book. A lot of extra charges. The room was not cleaned one day of our stay. The room had a door to a room next door any you can hear the noises.

Comfortable bed and bathroom.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

The location was perfect!
    • King Room with Ocean View

Booking.com falsely advertised the room. There was a picture of an oceanfront suite on the website when booking the room type; however, upon check in the room was not a suite. Booking.com should show photos that are consistent with the room type. Very disappointing.

The location was perfect! The hotel is beachfront and the room we chose was directly facing the ocean.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Ehhh

The place is nice but still not worth the price, the lobby smelled like a public restroom, the hotel rooms look wornout, mildew stained, missing shelves in the bathroom, for the price per night I'd expect this place to be top notch, which it could be if the hotel rooms received some tlc.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Fabulous hotel, great location, can highly recommend
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Even though its in a perfect location with great facilities I found it on the expensive side for what it is. About 20-25% cheaper would have been about right.

Fabulous location on the boardwalk and easy access to the beach. Roof top pool was pretty stunning too.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Front desk staff very nice.

The pool was so dirty, too much sand and the water wasn't clean. People wasn't showering before enter to the pool and drinking alcohol in the pool.

Front desk staff very nice.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The beach and resturaunts close by.
    • King Room with Ocean View

Way overpriced!!!! More of an event hotel for weddings, parties and corporations. Not good for simple vacationing couples or families. 2 of the bars were closed due to an event. The pool closed at 4pm due to an event. None of which is told when booking. No need to show pics of these areas if they will not be fully available to vacationers. Manhattan prices for a li beach hotel. Too expensive to stay again without getting what I pay my money for.

The beach and resturaunts close by. Ocean view room was very nice.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Good location, ok hotel.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

The hotel bedrooms are comfortable enough. The hotel itself is trying its best to be a bit grand -- but too big and impersonal for this to work. Lovely position though.

Dropping off to sleep with the sound of the ocean... Waking up to walk the lovely boardwalk of Long Beach... An easy train ride to JFK, which was the main point of staying there.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Should I stay or should I go?
    • Sunset Ocean Front King Suite

Bartenders need a lesson on personality- pretty rude and dismissive. A bit pricey and while a beach pass is included I think chairs and towels should be too- as well as beach service.

Location is excellent- rooms are nicely appointed and clean- beds are comfortable- front desk happy and helpful.

Excellent location
    • King Room with Ocean View

Nothing is included in the high price. They charge for parking they charge to use the pool and the towel provided they charge for Wi-Fi, not even a newspaper in the lobby. Be prepared for tons of extra charges

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Had a brilliant time, we'll be back.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing I wasn't pleased with and it's minor is that we couldn't get Wi-Fi or calls (either making them or receiving them) after we had put in the codes to our room.

Had an ocean view room, great facilities.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Good view, nice room, not worth the $$$
    • King Room with Ocean View

When I made my reservation it asked me what time my arrival would be i put 12 pm. I got held back with plans so I got there at 340, check in said 4pm. I asked the desk for my room they said room wasn't ready...at 4pm. 415 I went back, still wasn't ready. 430 I got my room. Why am I waiting half an hour after check in time to get my room? There was alot of people who were waiting. The price was def. Not worth the stay The pool, is deceiving. In the website it looks big, in person it's literally a kid pool. Huge disappointment why ask what time am i arriving. If my room isn't going to be ready. If check in is at 4pm ill be the4e 358 to get my room. I shouldn't have to wait half an hour

The view of theach beach

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Beautiful hotel but Pricey
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

Broken bathroom door Breakfast order continuously made wrong - took 3 times And no pool time or I should say shottened pool time that we didnt get to use. Parking should be included with price as well as chairs. Over 670 with tax etc for a night - excessive

We were able o check in early. Because our breakfast took over an hour to get and my brekfast sent back 2 xs we were allowed to checkout late. The other thing I found disappointing especially for the price is that 1. The bathroom door was broken and 2. We were unable to use the pool because of a party.