Reviews of Kimpton Hotel Allegro 4 stars

171 West Randolph, Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL 60601, USA

#62 of 155 hotels in Chicago

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Would definitely stay there again, especially if running the Chicago Marathon!

There was some very, very loud activity (screaming) going on a few rooms down and it woke me up in the middle of the night before the marathon. I know it's not the hotel's fault, but it was frustrating.

The staff was VERY accommodating. I like the text message check-ins. I was in town to run the Chicago marathon and they brought me everything I needed right away, a coffee maker and a microwave for the room, after I texted that I needed those things.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

It was okay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It was okay. there was a wall out on the window which was little depressing. However, this will depend on the unit and the floor. overall cleaness was good and lovation was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Extremely well located.

The elevators were a joke: one of the 3 was broken for some time and even when all 3 were working, they would be full very quickly and stop at each floor leaving people to take the next one. We ended up always planning an extra 10 minutes for the elevator ride... Probably not the case in the more expensive rooms, but the bathroom doors did a very loud noise when closing and left a 1/2" opening when fully closed, so much for intimacy. The cleaning and maintenance staff were pretty noisy in the morning.

Extremely well located. "Social hour" events every day are a nice thought, and the common areas with couches are very enjoyable and tastefully decorated.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

No free wifi and the prices for the mini bar products is outrageous.

When we got to the hotel they couldn't find my booking but they managed to help us and give us a room even paying a little less than anticipated at booking.com. The lobby is nice and they offer basic coffee in the morning. The room was nice with everything we needed. Location was perfect, one block from public transportation and very close to many downtown attractions. Check out was no fuss.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Not worth the price.

Why should I have to pay for internet? I'm paying $300 per night, more than the Four Seasons Hotel and you charge me internet? This is NOT okay. Where are we? In a 3rd world country? Everywhere on the planet earth there is free wi-fi except your fancy expensive hotel. NOT okay.

Interior decoration

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Great location, lots of energy, stylish hotel with extras. Slow elevators. Good breakfasts!

Long lines at check in at times. SLOW and unresponsive elevators. Waits of up to 11 minutes. THAT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Kimpton is notable for slow and poor elevator service. Time didn't permit us to check out the gym but wish I had. Concierge/valet had NO idea how to direct us to the local train stop (2 blocks away). Needs training.

Breakfast was good and staff was lovely in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

I'm very satisfied and will promote the hotel to friends

The free WiFi is o.k. Just wanted to give my understanding about WiFi. This service I'm expecting for free and with an good performance in a high cost city like Chicago. I'm not willing to pay for it.

The location is great. The room functions like bathroom, shower etc. are clean and well working. I appreciate this.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Bed very comfortable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Sheets and blanket tucked so tightly we had to get up in the middle of the night to loosen them. Sound proofing in rooms not great. Could clearly hear a neighbor celebrating something between 6 am and 7:30.

Bed very comfortable. Staff incredibly friendly and welcoming. Good use of tight space in room. Evening prosecco a fun touch.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Slightly disappointed, otherwise great.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

At this price point, duct tape should not be used as a fix. Half the reason we stayed downtown was for the view. (Location and comfort were also important.) The window was repaired with some old tape and a larger section of new duct tape. Once outside, I noticed more room windows with this type of repair also. I was returning from a long backpacking trip overseas. I chose this hotel hoping for perfection and this was just offputting.

The location was great. Upon check in, the lady we dealt with was very pleasant. The mini bar was packed full of great items. Coffee service in the morning was nice also. Love the interior design & art in the rooms & public spaces. The bedding was cozy. Also, the bag handling service on checkout has great staff members also.

Great location, great staff, great service.

I needed a coffee maker in my room because I was up very early for a race. The staff brought me a Keurig machine with coffee and creamer. Excellent service and I would stay there again.

Terrible service.

I arrived to the staff on strike outside of the hotel - very loud and aggressive - this was very off putting as I was staying for an entire week. The staff member that checked me in was incredibly rude - she did not inform me that there would be NO ONE cleaning or restocking my room for the ENTIRE week. The bell boy was also very unhelpful - I had 4 bags and he offered to take only 1. On top of all of this, I was sent a package and they claimed they did not receive but I later (after I was already home) found out their staff had signed for it. What a disappointment on a week-long business trip.

Great Place

Coffee maker in the room would be nice, had to go to the lobby.

Location was great. Close to the train stations, bus stops everywhere, walking distance to great restaurants including the one connected to the hotel, 321 Chicago, it was wonderful! I saw complaints about the elevator being so slow, we had no trouble, was quick and had very short waits.

It was an excellent stay. Perfect location for my needs and staff were outstanding.

Next time I might look at a room with a slightly larger bathroom.

Even though Chicago hotel workers were on strike during my stay, the Allegra rose to the challenge and everything seemed seamless. The front desk staff were friendly and accomodating.

It was a great weekend.

The front desk staff look disinterested and while not unfriendly, they weren’t the friendliest bunch either. I hope you resolve housekeeping staff strike with a good resolution to both parties.

The location was superb, near all attractions and public transportation.

Great location and great decor!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

High price, no breakfast included. Room was small and the bathroom was tiny. NO FREE wi-fi and the fees to get it was excessive. There is a Starbucks next door, but it is annoying to go there all the time. The parking is another issue, the hotel charges $63 per 24 hours, when there are many places around for way better price than the hotel offers. We found the next day parking for $27 for 24 hours. The elevators were working slow and were always crowded.

Great location and great decor! Comfortable bed.

At its current state 2.5 star hotel for 4 star prices. Location

It’s wonderful that this historical building is in the process of being restored, however I wouldn’t have booked it had I k own beforehand. It was noisy in the morning when we wanted to sleep in from the nights festivities. The place had 3 elevators which were often either slow, filled to capacity, or broken. Several times it took me 15 minutes to get an elevator down to leave or return. A few times the elevator would stop on every floor on the way down for no reason. In our room there was water stains on the ceiling and wall. The ac unit would either blow artic cold or warm air, so good luck setting it to a comfortable temperature.

The location is one of the best in Downtown. Train right outside the door. Convenience stores, shopping, top notch restaurants, parks, the Bean, all within a super short walking distance.

Spoiled by noisy adjoining rooms
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Very noisy late at night in neighbouring rooms Lifts often full and busy Needed to pay a few to use wifi

Good size room, well equipped and comfortable

I wanted something with more character than the average chain hotel, and I got it - in the best way.

The room was small, but then again is a palatial room really necessary when all you intend to do there is sleep, shower, and dress? It was clean, and the bed was very comfortable, so I have no complaints.

They thought of everything...an umbrella, a yoga mat, bathrobes, earplugs. All the extra touches made for a very comfortable stay!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Would go back there anytime.
    • King Suite

Some members of staff were fantastic others seemed like they were just at their job. Elevators were extremely slow.

Room was fantastic. Building is historic. Good restaurant and bar. Great lobby and lots of open meeting space. Fantastic gym.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Great great great

The water was not hot enough to make a good cup of tea, as we are English, that was a shame

Lovely rooms and the decor throughout this hotel was very tasteful and luxurious

Great location, clean, nice, dog friendly...would defiinitely stay again!

the elevators were all broken except for one so it took 15 minutes to get up to room and 15 minutes back down. I'm sure this was a temporary issue, but it really did put a damper on the trip.

Location was super close to all the trains so easy to get anywhere in the city! The area was in the financial district, so on weekends a lot of the coffee shops and restaurants were closed.

Convenient location

Elevators were SOOO slow. There were multiple weddings occurring there so it was quite busy. Bathrooms were very small, but adequate for 2 people.

Loved the art deco atmosphere. Staff was friendly and helpful. The location was good. Close enough to Union Station, el stops, and restaurants.

Awesome location...very clean

The bathroom doors were very irritating and opened so close to the main door...constantly catching yourself and luggage on the handle. We also had a LOUD barking dog in the room right next to us. However, I absolutely love animals and overall support 100% that the hotel allows dogs.

Location was great to catch our concert at Wrigley in the Red Line. Close to so many nice restaurants and the room was very clean. Also right next to a very reasonably priced parking garage on W Randolph.

The Kimpton Allegro is not here to dissappoint!

No complaints at all.

I LOVED everything about my experience at the Kimpton Allegro. EVERYTHING. The hotel exudes class from its staff to its cleanliness. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to accommodate my boyfriend and I on our first visit to Chicago. The entire facility was clean and the gym was one of the best that we've encountered in a hotel. The location is also perfect, we were very close to many attractions and were able to walk most of the places ventured to.

Location was great, able to walk everywhere.

Very small room with king bed but the bed was very nice.

Location was great, able to walk everywhere. Beautifully decorated hotel with old Chicago Vibe. Love the complimentary social happy hour and morning coffee.

Great location, horrible hotel.
    • King Suite

The staff were mediocre, unhelpful, at best. The hotel was shabby, not well maintained and they were conducting some sort of building works to the outside which started at 8am in the morning right outside our windows. In our room our A/C didn't seem to work properly and made all sorts of 'requiring maintenance' noises throughout the night, our carpet was dirty and the room smelt awful. We were in town for my daughter's 18th birthday and it was terribly disappointing to stay at a place that was so very noisy and uncomfortable.

This is a pretty old hotel in a great location.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Room not kimpton standard

I was given a little room by the elevator. This shouldn't be a hotel room as it doesn't meet kimpton standard. No fan or ventilation in the bathroom and a person bigger than my 5"5" female couldn't really fit in the shower. Plus I was supposed to have a king room and bed was queen at most. In the morning the smell of kitchen cooking was pretty obvious.

Lobby facilities and staff super helpful.

Great location for an awesome price

Room was very small as well as the closet. Staff started knocking at 8:00 am on check out day and I was still getting ready.

Location was excellent. I took the train from Midway and got off one block away.

My second stay. Will come back often

Nothing really.

The location is great. Staff is welcoming. Lobby will "blow you away". Great place to hang out. Rooms are a good size and extremely comfortable. Room temperature is easy to control and the bed was the best.

We weren't in our room long, went for a concert.... but the bed was super comfortable.

The nasty smell as soon as you walked out the door.

It was walking distance to a lot of great food choices.... Shea was amazingly helpful and super nice. Very fancy hotel for the price we paid. I will stay there again. :)

Mother/Daughter get -a -way!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was on the small side but comfortable.

Staff was great! Enjoyed talking with Shea! Location was very close to attractions and the CIBC theatre where Hamilton was playing.

Great location, super comfortable rooms, thin walls.
    • Standard Room

My biggest complaint is how thin your walls are. I could hear the bridal shower down the hall, the conversation in the room next to me. Now I understand why you make earplugs available.. I didn't understand why it was there when I first checked in. This is the only thing stopping me from staying in your hotel again. Otherwise, your hotel is great.

The location was suberb. I loved that about your hotel.

Great hotel and great location...

The Allegro was everything we expected. Very nicely appointed with top notch staff at all levels. Within easy walking distance of many attractions we wanted to visit and close to an L-station so we could get anywhere we wanted. We would definitely return to the Inn upon any future stays in Chicago.

Excellent location.

Our check in was cold and perfunctory. The staff member who checked us in did not make us feel welcome and did not give us information that we had to ring down later for, e.g. how to connect to the internet and breakfast location. Our bathroom doors did not close and so privacy was an issue. It took 40 minutes and 3 phone calls for a simple request from housekeeping to be met.

The location was excellent. The bed was very comfortable. The doorman and porter were very engaging, friendly and helpful.

Pleasant stay

This hotel was good but after staying at The Gray (other Kimpton hotel) for the nights prior, this property fell a little short of our expectations. It just seemed a little 'worn down' once you get past the lobby.

Good location & lovely lobby. Comfortable stay.

Room was clean and fit the overall decor, theme of the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

On check-in, the counter staff was not very friendly. They also seemed very young. Also, although there were 3 elevators, it would take 5 minutes and sometimes longer for the elevator to arrive. When we arrived there was a gang of unsupervised teenagers that were creating quite the commotion. Parking for guests was an outrageously expensive. Sixty-three dollars per day.

Room was clean and fit the overall decor, theme of the boutique hotel.

We would stay there again. Great location!

The bathroom requires more storage for guests!

The bathroom was roomy. Good air conditioner. We enjoyed the happy hour in the lobby very much. Staff was great!

I spent every night (4 nights) sorting out the credit card...

The way the General Manager has dealt with this. He offered to compensate but never at anytime did he apologise for this happening. The asst Manager did apologise.

I spent every night (4 nights) sorting out the credit card issues that they billed me - and put on hold $1000. Which means my budget has blown on my credit card as I can’t now access my $1000. Till it drops off in 17 days time. This hotel could have just billed me each night but they did both. They also billed me as well as put on hold US$1000. That is disgraceful. I will never stay at IGH again nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone. They get a thumbs down for General Manager in not correcting this issue immediately. They offered to compensate me for one nights stay but that can’t happen till my $1000. Returns on my card and then I doubt whether they will do this. This hotel computer system is outrageous and it causes the patron to be very inconvenienced. They eventually righted the extra nights that were billed by requesting removal of these, but still my $1000. Is locked in for this period of 17 days. Qantas Cash hold for this amount of time.

Decor.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The elevators...1 wasn’t working and the others were slow. Not good when staying on a high floor.

Decor. Quiet. Great location. Comfortable bed. Clean.

I was put in a handicapped room.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was put in a handicapped room. The shower created a flooding situation in the entire bathroom. I called the front desk and a woman said she would put it on my file. When I checked out, they offered me two breakfasts, which was a bit ridiculous since I was leaving. I asked for it to be credited to my room, which it was.

A tale of two maids
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I was put in a room right on top of the elevator so I could here people talking and the ding. I tried to change the room but they wouldn't let me claiming to be sold out. The next day they texted me asking if I needed anything and again I tried to change rooms but lines were so long at the desk I didn't want to spend an hour in line rather than seeing Chicago. On the final day, I finally moved to the 15th Floor away from the elevator. The experience was almost great until the maid knocked on my door with their keys at 8 am shouting HOUSEKEEPING HOUSE KEEPING. That woman was brutal and at 8AM! Don't they have a list of whose checked out? I would have loved another hour sleep. I never felt so rushed to get out of a room.

The location is fantastic and the beds are super comfortable. This might be the hotel with the best water pressure ever. The maid on the sixth floor was lovely. She was quiet and thorough.

Good Hotel, nice spot, excellent staff. Decor a bit dark.

I really did like the old art deco style fixtures. Louis Armstrong and Al Capone would probably feel right at home. But the decor was a bit too much of 1930's shades of brown. Would love it vibrant 1920's style. Bringing a paintbrush next time i visit... ;-)

Rooms were just fine. Staff were competent, polite and friendly. Passed up on the basic breakfast and went next door to the "312 Chicago" for an excellent eggs benedict while watching the Brazil Mexico game. (not included in room cost). Will definately visit again.

Downside: No coffee pot in the room
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Would have preferred a coffee pot in our room

Downside: No coffee pot in the room Upside: Free Prosecco happy hour every night at 5PM!!!! Awesome!!! I love the styling of the hotel. Every nook and cranny looks amazing.

Bed was comfortable.

No free wifi, bahtroom was tiny without a lock. Room was small. Based on high reviews, we had high expectation. Without the expectation, might have been a better stay

Bed was comfortable.

No to nice
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

I don’t like that the hotel and IHG don’t aclare expatation before to use the hotel,because with this way you play with the client.

The location is good, and the room is clean and nice; but I had a negative experience because I pay before but the Kimpton Allegro Hotel catch my money one more time; this is no to nice🙁

Pretty decor, comfortable lobby with nooks to enjoy the...

Booked a deluxe king room and we were given a queen room. Since the property had events scheduled and seemed at capacity, we didn't raise an issue.

Pretty decor, comfortable lobby with nooks to enjoy the cocktail hour and coffee in the morning, excellent restaurant attached.

ONLINE PHOTOS ARE MISLEADING. AND WAY TOO OVERPRICED!

I did not explore the hotel too much but I will give my review on the rooms. First off, the rooms look nothing like they do in the pictures online. VERY MISLEADING. SAME WITH THE HOTEL. The rooms were very small, terrible view, smelled like smoke, and the carpet was so dirty. My husband and i were walking barefoot and the carpet had a lot of residue on it. I remember the red roof inn had better rooms and it is too bad because i paid a lot more for this room. Definitely won't book again.

There was constantly a huge line for the check-in desk,...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was constantly a huge line for the check-in desk, which seemed to move terribly slow. It was 90+ degrees outside and the lobby was not very cool or well-ventilated.

I reserved the hotel 3 months ago but they could not find my...

I reserved the hotel 3 months ago but they could not find my reservation in their system. Eventually they walked me in but the check in process takes more than 40 mins. The staff are not friendly. They do not greet people or open the doors for you. The elevator is ridiculously slow. The hotel has 19 floors and I live on the 16th. I waited for more than 10mins for an elevator going down at 10 am in the morning.

Nice comfortable hotel

The lady at check in was a little corky and not friendly , the guy was welcoming . There was some noise of work outside although to be fair they sent a leaflet warning ahead . Just didn’t appreciate it No breakfast . Old lift

Comfortable bed , lovely toiletries , hot shower . Nice lobby

The room size was smaller than what we expected ,the...

The room size was smaller than what we expected ,the bathroom sink was useless ,my final bill was never emailed to me , don't understand why the bar was closed on the holiday weekend

• Premier King Room

I landed in Chicago early in the morning, checked in around 8am, room was't ready yet, so walked around and came back around 2pm, room was still not ready. I waited at the hotel till 4:30pm and still haven't checked in yet, so I went to the baseball game and dinner. It was already 8pm, my hubby and I still hang out outside because I haven't received a call from the hotel to let us know our room is ready. Then I decided to call the hotel and asked what's going on. A lady at the front desk told me, "your room has been ready, and if you don't check in by 11pm, your reservation would be cancelled." Due to that I went back to hotel to check in before heading out again, this time a different lady at the front desk to check me in with a much nicer attitude. 12 hours after my initial checked in, finally we got our room. Other than that, I am quite satisfied with my stay.

Great location. Most staff are extremely friendly and informative when asking for assistance, except this one lady I talked to.

Good location, very small room nice lobby, that’s about it

Room was not made up after a long tiring day out on the town. Had to go back downstairs and wait over 40 minute she to come back up to a clean room.

Hotel was very clean.
    • Standard Room

I did not like that you had to pay for WiFi. I also did not like that when we were booking it said “breakfast included”. This turned out to be tea and coffee in the lobby. This was nice but not what I consider breakfast.

Hotel was very clean. Rooms and bathroom were a little small but very up to date and nice. Hotel staff was very helpful.

The room was amazing, and the breakfast was delightful.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The room was amazing, and the breakfast was delightful. The room amenities were some of the best I have seen in any hotel and would highly recommend the Allegro to anyone who wishes to visit the beautiful city of Chicago!

Location was great.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Only one elevator was working for all 17 or however many floors. It was very slow to go up or down. Also when booking the description stated there were bikes to ride around town, and upon asking for them there were not any available during that time.

Location was great. Lobby was beautiful!

• Deluxe Queen Room

It is noisy; however, it is a main street in Chicago near City and County offices.

I didn't eat there, so no comment. There is a Starbucks on the property and it was great for a light breakfast.

Lovely hotel.

Only minor complaint; was contacted twice confirming my reservation that had already been confirmed. Was chided both times for booking through 3rd party.

Lovely hotel.

Gorgeous hotel, recently upgraded, walking distance to many...

Being an older hotel downtown, the rooms are small, but you don't spend that much time there anyway. Bathrooms are REALLY small & lack ventilation so room can be damp after showers.

Gorgeous hotel, recently upgraded, walking distance to many attractions. Very clean. Comfortable beds. Hotel offers many nice amenities including coffee in lobby all morning, wine hour in afternoons. Staff is exemplary!

Overall great stay at the Kimpton!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The customer service upon getting there turned me off, as Sandy at the front desk seemed like she had an attitude issue. I overheard her speaking to other people checking in as well over the course of our stay and she had the same attitude. She could definitely improve upon her customer service skills. That being said, all of the other staff were extremely friendly and informative when asking for assistance.

The hotel was decorated very nicely and the beds were comfortable. Go for the King accessibility room if you want a bit of extra room.

Hotel offers great location, comfortable bed, friendly staff and lots to do nearby.

Not much space in room storing clothes. I think there were a few drawers but I didn't really find them.

Location of this hotel is great. Easy access to local sites and getting Ubers was easy. Decor is authentically old and interesting. 312 Chicago is a great Italian restaurant just around the corner. Bed was comfortable and bathroom as small but functional. In room snacks and drinks are available. Staff was friendly and helpful. Morning coffee with plenty of room for sitting or working is on lobby floor. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts are nearby.

Loved the decor of the hotel!

Small room but nice and comfy and clean! Mini bar was way overpriced.

Loved the decor of the hotel! Free champagne between 5-6 in the lobby. Great cocktail bar 2 min walk from the train!

The decor and ambience are outstanding.

The walls really are very thin but if you look at reviews of other properties in downtown Chicago you'll see that even the most expensive hotels have the same problem. Thin walls, noisy elevators and ice machines. It's just due to the hotels being in old buildings. It is possible to request a quiet room away from elevators.

The decor and ambience are outstanding. This hotel even SMELLS good. The gym is clean and has a good selection of equipment along with a water machine and fresh fruit to snack on. The rooms are small but it's not a huge deal- there's plenty of storage space to put your things away and tidy The room up. The complimentary cocktail hour is very popular, the lounge is warm and inviting. Customer service is fantastic- I needed to warm up some leftovers and a microwave was sent right up to my room. Linens are changed by housekeeping promptly at request and everyone seems to be very happy to assist. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. If there was one in every city I traveled to I would never stay anywhere else.

Location is good.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ventilation issues... Or rather the lack of a fan in the bathroom. The hotel also only had 1 operating elevator so it was a good wait.

Location is good.

A good hotel for sightseeing.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Rooms small and strangely decorated. The art work in our room was huge and looked as if it had been painted by a five-year-old. It dominated the room.

Excellent location close to many places of interest. Lots ofplaces to eat close-by. Free coffee in the foyer in the morning. Very good public rooms. Room was quiet and comfortable.

very very average

the elevators. I would literally wait 7-10 minutes for each elevator ride- mind you I had a lot of camera equipment that was heavy- so super not ideal. The shower was incredibly finicky (room 715)

the decor

Extremely noisy.

Extremely noisy. First nigth we had neighbors that came in at 3 am from parting and had us awaken for 2h. Second night we had a bachelorette party in the front room. Same thing.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

There were three elevators, one of which was broken the entire duration of the trip. On the morning I checked out, all elevators seemed to be nonfunctional, so I had to walk down from the tenth floor to the first floor with all of my luggage. The facet in the sink in the bathroom was so close to the edge of the basin that it was hard to wash hands without spilling water. The hotel appears to be incredibly disorganized when it comes to room booking management. On the day I was scheduled to check out, I found out I needed to extend my stay due to additional work obligations. I got back to the hotel that night at approximately 11:30PM and was told the hotel was completely booked for the following night. When I checked again at 7:45AM the next morning, there were plenty of rooms available (per the desk clerk). I'm not sure where the disconnect happened, but it was unnecessarily stressful to be unsure if I needed to move hotels the next day.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, there were plenty of towels, robes in the closet and there were blackout curtains. The location is close to public transportation, restaurants, bars, parks and museums.

Shows nice, front staff, housekeeping very nice, great food at Chicago 312, I will not return.

VERY NOISY! TERRIBLE! SLOW elevators. SMALL rooms for the money. This place appears very nice on the pictures. Decided to up my choice on hotels and choose one in downtown Chicago. The room nicely decorated. I understand this an older hotel that has been renovated, however far overpriced for the money. Rooms very small. Duvet was nicer at the Hampton Hotel I stayed in than here. You can hear EVERY thing from the next room such as the them pulling the shower curtain over the rod, Bed not comfortable you can hear the springs in the bed when you shift positions and I'm less than 200lbs, they charge an incidental charge they do not tell you about until you arrive. I called and asked prior to arriving was told by staff there was not a fee, arrived and there was a fee.

Beautiful lobby, swanky decorated rooms. Chicago 312 has delicious food.

Amazing
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel is amazing. The rooms are great and the staff is super nice. It also has some 20th entourage which is nice. Location is great and transportation is very easy. Bonus: coffee and tea in the morning. I will definitely stay here again if in the city.

A haven of comfort in a busy city.

No additional blankets in the room.

From the moment we pulled our car up to the valet, we were bathed in comfort and protection. Everything and everyone went above and beyond to make our stay beyond comfortable. We slept, which is saying a lot, the bed and pillows didn't just looked good but felt like home. I so appreciated the tub, staff and wonderful location! The staff especially, from the bartender to valet chief to desk staff were kind, patient and treated you like family, instead of the condescending attitude so often encountered when visiting a major city.

They try really hard, and mostly succeed.

Room was clearly made by splitting a larger one. Very small, but I was traveling alone. Had I been with my husband it would have been too small. No soundproofing in the shared wall. I could hear everything. Yep, that, too. It made for awkward feelings and some lost sleep. This is an old hotel that is modernized, but the infrastructures, like only three slow and small elevators, can't be changed.

Very clean, super friendly staff, amusing decor

High quality all round, fairly priced, great location,certainly stay again when returning to Chicago

We enjoy a hot drink to take to bed, there were no facilities to make a hot drink in the room. We wouldn't necessarily call that a 'Didn't like'.

Very friendly and helpful staff, loved the HAPPY HOUR, I was interested in the history of the hotel, took a few nice photos of the interior. Staff was helpful with that. We thought the several small to medium 'lounges' a nice asset if you were meeting a few friends, or simply wanted to chill out in a pleasant surrounding other than in your room.

The hotel was beautiful, room was great.

Only problem was one elevator was down and there was quite a wait a couple of times.

The hotel was beautiful, room was great. Perfect location for theater.

Lovely place. Great location!

Had to ask for coffee maker/hot water pot. Seems like it should have been in the room.

The bed was very comfortable. The decor of the hotel was spectacular, as was the location in the heart of the Theater District.