Reviews of Aloft Lexington 3 stars

727 Marrett Road - A, Lexington, MA 01754, USA

#2 of 4 hotels in Lexington

The staff were great.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The bed height in the handicapped accessible room was not in compliance with ADA standards. While I am not in a wheelchair I find it difficult to get in and out of bed. This bed height would have been impossible to do a wheelchair transfer.

The staff were great. I want to particularly acknowledge Christina who went out of her way to be helpful on several occasions during my stay. She MADE the stay!

We have been here before and always enjoy everything, but dogs should be separate area.
    • Aloft King Room

Room smelled of dog at first, open water bottle left in room. Dogs were on lobby furniture without any cover.

Food was great, bar outstanding, workers outstanding.

HOME AWAY FROM HOME!
    • King Room - Disability Access

Very disappointed at the changes made to the snack and breakfast items. I really miss the made to order breakfasts and the wide selection of fun snacks!

Aloft Lexington feels like a home away from home, everytime I stay. Staff is attentive and welcoming, housekeeping diligent and friendly, pool always immaculate and beds, ultra comfy. I love that my dog is welcomed and my grandkids, free to enjoy the stay, as well.

Good Place for Home Base
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Rooms are looking a little worn.

Attractive design and interior environment. Very helpful and accommodating staff. Great location for exploring Boston and the north shore provided you have a car.

Great hotel for a short stay, very convenient!
    • Aloft King Room

Older rooms but very clean, staff extremely helpful. I arrived for an early check in with my dog, room was not yet available. Check in staff hurried to make sure I could get my room and get to my function in a timely manner. Location is excellent, close to Boston without paying the price!

For very young people
    • King Room - Disability Access

Beds and no free breakfast.

The beds were like futons on the floor. The hotel viscerally geared towards very young people. Next time I will stay at Element its much better.

Pet Friendly!!
    • Aloft King Room

Pet friendly!! They even gave us a doggie goodie bag!! I’m definitely staying at Alofts with my dog from now on. The staff was excellent and it was clean and comfortable. Great stay.

Mixed bag
    • Aloft King Room

The evening staff is in need of customer service education. The young lady with long, blond hair who checked me in--after a long discussion on Booking.com not registering my reservation change--suddenly didn't recognize me five days later when I came in with my nieces one afternoon, and asked me what I was doing there, if I was "...looking around or what?" I had to remind her I had a room in the hotel. The receptionist on duty Easter Sunday eve argued with me about needing new keys when I had extended my stay. I told her I had been told to come down and get new keys, she insisted my old keys would work, I told her they would not (I had gone through this drill before), she insisted they would, and sure enough, when I went to my room on the 4th floor, the keys did not work and I had to return to the front desk for new keys. I find this argumentative behavior unacceptable in hospitality personnel. TVs are in desperate need of replacement. Most are analog, and not all channels work. For $150-180 per night, a functional, DIGITAL television is mandatory.

The day shift at the desk, and the housekeeping staff, are excellent. Your cook, Joel, is amazing! The driver of the van is always smiling and greeting, and the blond receptionist with glasses (sorry, didn't get her name) is a true professional. Bed was comfortable. Pool facilities are great, and the new breakfast entrees options are a major improvement!

Nice to us nice to my dog everything's pretty hip.
    • Aloft King Room

She is needed in the handicap room to sit in comfy cozy chairs no you don't always want to be in bed and you don't want to be sitting up straight at the desk. Otherwise very nice to staff couldn't have been nicer.

Nice to us nice to my dog everything's pretty hip.

Great price & close to Boston
    • Aloft Double Queen Room

I loved the overall style of the hotel. Checking in was a breeze & they also offer a full size bar with food. There’s also a heated indoor pool & full sized gym.

Kristina was probably one of the nicest front desk help i...

Everything was perfect

Kristina was probably one of the nicest front desk help i have come across! She got us a very comfortable room and was so sweet! Very nice bar and gym and pool area! Room was exactly like the picture and even better in person! The breakfast was so good as well! All in all this place was a great stay and I will be staying again! Don’t listen to the bad reviews it really is a good place!

Would def stay here again
    • Aloft King Room

Wished for a shower hose to wash my hair.

It was comfortable, colorful and yet cozy. Liked the bar and common area. Our room was comfortable for the two of us.

We will stay again when in Lexington.
    • Aloft King Room

A few more breakfast choices, but the ones offered were tasty.

Modern updated room with lovely view of birches. Small but adequate gym with new equipment.

Would love to stay here again. We had a great time.
    • Aloft King Room

The parking situation is that the cars from two hotels share one parking lot. It makes for very difficult parking if you’re coming in late.

Loved the downstairs area, the pool, the room. It was spacious, neat and comfortable. Loved the colors, hotel was very hip, which some people felt overwhelmed by but we loved!

I was charged more than I agreed to pay on booking.
    • Aloft King Room

I was charged more than I agreed to pay on booking. Com. I have yet to hear back about the discrepancy. There was a fake fire alarm at around 4 am that woke us up and had us standing out in the 23 degree weather due to malfunctioning switches!!!!!!

Very comfortable and roomy accommodation, though pricey.
    • Aloft Double Queen Room

The room price! Travelling with two friends and we booked the two rooms separately... the other room (exactly the same as mine) was booked a week earlier and was half the price!! That is just price-gouging, if you ask me...

Great, modern style hotel with large room, good facilities and great shower/bathroom. Plenty of parking.

To my opinion they are overpriced for what you get - not staying here again
    • Aloft King Room

Not overwhelmed by this hotel. Staff is young and inexperienced. The door of my room was left open after cleaning and nobody seemed to care about this. Breakfast is arranged in a inefficient way - no real buffet and you had to place your order at the reception?! Beds where not comfy. Everywhere loud music. Maybe young people like this but I got really annoyed by it.

Lovely modern hotel but not cheap.
    • Aloft King Room

Could benefit from some kind of restaurant or on site dining. Not vending machine type offer they have currently Expensive for what it is. Although convenient and modern it’s still pricey.

Lovely modern hotel but not cheap. Breakfast seems to be a bit of a cop out so we opted for Haute Coffee in Concord (10 min drive away). Highly recommended. Rooms functional, stylish and modern. Nice touches like long, low bench perfect for perching and packing suitcases. Bathroom modern.

Aloft Lexington was probably the nicest and friendliest hotel I've ever been to.
    • Aloft Double Queen Room

The food at the hotel was decent, but not exactly worth the price. It would have also been nice if there was an information sheet or guide in the room to let us know what was located nearby.

The whole hotel, inside and out, was extremely clean and well kept which made it very relaxing and comfortable. The atmosphere was also very welcoming and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

Adequate accommodations for a hotel that is used only to sleep, not for hanging out in.
    • Aloft King Room

TVs are all analog--very outdated. My TV did not have a signal, and the remote did not work. Bed sheets too small for the king mattress--they kept creeping up and off the mattress. Self-serv eating area always dirty. Business computer and printer area too crowded for two people.

Ease of check-in, handy luggage carts, pool for kids, exercise room, wxyz bar, compact design of bedrooms, and most especially: the $5.00 food ticket you get for opting out of daily housekeeping!

Loved the hotel and site staff! Would stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

More selections for breakfast.

Site staff were pleasant and accommodating. Room was quiet. It was easy to work, no problem getting online. Just an overall perfect experience!

Other than the price problem, our stay was excellent.
    • Aloft King Room

Booking gave me a great price. However, the hotel said that that price didn't include tax. Booking.com said the total,price was X and Aloft said it was X + tax. Booking has not responded regarding the final outcome of the complaint that I sent to them with documentation. I expect to be refunded $20.

It was my first time at an Aloft and I was very impressed.
    • Aloft King Room

Most travelers may find the location too far from the city, but it worked out for me because I was equidistant from my place of work and the city. I was never further than a quick 10 minute drive from a good restaurant or shopping if I needed them.

the room was not your typical hotel room, it was so well designed without any useless furniture but you still have everything you need. Absolutely perfect for the business traveler. The lobby was upbeat and very welcoming. The staff was great and I enjoyed the onsite gym and pool too.

Go to a real hotel instead.
    • Aloft King Room

For the price: small room. Furnishings aspired to be hip/trendy, but instead just felt junky. TV didn't power on, notified front desk, no one came for over an hour, finally someone came when we were out to fix it, but still the audio was out of sync with the video. So few amenities in this hotel to begin with, it seemed absurd that even the TV didn't work. Even the shower was kind of crappy. If this had been a hostel that I booked at $80 a night, it just would have considered it quirky and accepted it for the price I paid. But at double that, this place was a disappointment.

Access to Minute Man National Park. Comfortable bed.

Good
    • Aloft Double Queen Room

Night one staff was very nice but had zero experience in checking us in or to buy the pricy things to eat and drink. Please train staff before placing in front of guests. I showed him how to ring up our food and drinks.

Wonderful hotel with great lounge area, bar, pool, pool...
    • Aloft King Room

Staff wasn't very knowledgeable about what they have in the area, so we had to rely on Google for everything. Beds definately could be more comfortable.

Wonderful hotel with great lounge area, bar, pool, pool table and staff! Great restaurants and a really nice dance club also local. Found an Irish pub, also local, to watch the Redsocks/Yankee game at! Will be revisiting this location.

Very updated and modern property
    • Aloft King Room

I didn't pay the rate that I was told when I confirmed with booking.com, I paid $28.00 more. Also, should have a restaurant there

Very updated and modern property

• Aloft Double Queen Room

You walk in expecting to see a service desk. Instead, all you see is a bar. For non drinkers that's an instant turn off. When you do find the desk, which is a tiny table tucked in the corner- there is a man just standing there waiting for you to talk instead of offering assistance. All this happens after the with of a mile walk with luggage from the parking spot to the confusion inside. Once you are checked in, it's up to you to figure out where to go because the moron behind the counter isn't saying anything. The elevator is pitch black. The doors in the hallway all look like the walls so until you get used to that, good luck. Inside the room the only place to put your stuff is on the other bed. There are no lofts or even balconies so once your in your college dorm room there is no hanging out or thinking you just dropped your hard earned cash on a cool lofty atmosphere. Here's the kicker! The morning I woke up and asked the speakless wonder at the corner desk about the breakfast. His honest answer was,"don't eat here, the food sucks!" "But there's a good place a half a mile away on the same road. I drove 3 miles in one direction to discover nothing. Turned around and drove an additional 3 miles passed the college dorm motel in the opposite direction to find nothing. We put the restaurant on the GPS and found out that it was 7.5 miles away! When we arrived there, they were no longer serving breakfast!!! When I got back to the college dorm motel and told the guy at the corner desk about the adventure, he actually smirked and gave me a look of "oh well". Needless to say after I checked out I promised him and myself that I would never step foot in that establishment again.

The shower was nice. The layout of the place was pretty cool. Booking.com made it affordable for us to check out a place we wouldn't normally waste money on.

Visit to Cambridge
    • Aloft Double Queen Room

Need towel rods in bathrooms. Also better signage to find entrance--hard to find complex

Was very quiet sleeping and comfortable--Young man at front desk was so helpful

Nice hotel rude staff
    • King Room - Disability Access

Staff was rude and accused me of having more people staying with me just because I had friends help me carry my luggage. Ended the convo with "anything else you want to tell us?" ...totally bizarre.

Location and cleanliness

Great time.. we will be back.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Thought room was extremely compact.. small.

The woman that checked us in was great...got us settled quickly. Explained how I could combine my Marriott and Starwood cards. Very kind to my little Yorkie- the doggie bag was just what we needed.. it was her five year birthday too!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Minimalist with all the trappings

Comfortable firm bed.

Minimalist without the loss of comfort. Good for one night stays or when you need a place to sleep only. The room is not outfitted for hanging out.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Love this Place!
    • Aloft King Room

I feel at home at Aloft! Staff is so welcoming, accommodating and friendly! The beds are heavenly, the Shower luxurious, the lobby warm and inviting. My dog is happy, my teen in her element and I,always relaxed and comfortable, during every stay. I love this choice for my many commutes to the Boston Area!

Great service and food; stark, unattractive decor.
    • Aloft Double Queen Room

Really disliked the decor: orange and black and very stark!! Very modern, which may be "in," but cold and not so comfortable or welcoming,

Staff efficient and friendly. Breakfast options were wide and varied at no extra cost. Location within 2-3 miles of our destination and also Centre of Lexington, with many restaurants.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Beware of random cigarette smoke coming into your room.
    • Aloft King Room

There was cigarette smoke in the room for a few hours. We talked to the front desk and they sent someone to check. The smoke stopped after a while. The hotel offered us to change the rooms, but we decided to stay since we were checking out the next day. Wifi was not that stable. Sometimes I had to switch to LTE to get internet.

Very clean in general. Location of the hotel worked well for us.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

AVOID THIS HOTEL LIKE THE PLAGUE!
    • Aloft King Room

This was literally the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. They lost our reservation and we spent an hour fighting with them trying to figure out what happened. THEN, when we finally got to our room, we pulled back the sheets and found pubic hair in the bed. PUBIC HAIR! This hotel is disgusting. It gives the impression of being modern and chic, but the staff is horrific, the walls are scratched, we had holes in our headboard, there is 0 water pressure in the shower, and the handle in our shower was so loose we were afraid it was going to fall off. The only thing that got cleaned in our room on a day to day basis was that the bed was made. One day we came in and all the pillows were on the floor. Half of the time our keys didn't even work, so we'd have to go downstairs and get new keys made. I will NEVER stay here again.

Nothing -- I liked absolutely nothing about this stay.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

When I return I won't stay anywhere else.
    • Aloft Double Queen Room

I returned late on the second night which was on Thanksgiving. The parking lot was full. I took a spot marked "reserved" which was apparently okay to use, but I have no idea what the guy that arrived after me did.

The staff was amazing, truly made you feel welcome. The place is kind of hipster which was cool. I didn't use the bar, pool table, or the pool, but the people I saw using those areas seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

No longer have to research a place to stay in Lexington!
    • Aloft King Room

A tad more water pressure in the shower would have been nice, but it worked...

The bar staff (Steve, 11/23 and the woman the night before, sorry, I forgot her name) were exceptional. Great nights sleep, the room was clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Be careful your credit card
    • Aloft Double Queen Room

This is a terrible hotel, I booked via booking.com, it overcharged my credit card a lots, and not yet resolved one month long already I claimed. I booked 2 beds room, when checked in hotel staff told me only one king bed room available only. You could imagine how terrible we are as we have 2 adults 2kids in one bed.

Price okay

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Well designed, modern accomodations!
    • Aloft King Room

Not too fond of the vessel sink.

Loved all the outlets in the room for charging electronics. The room was designed in a modern format which functioned beautifully- easy access closet, large shower, well positioned bedside tables. Oh, and loved the bench for out suitcases- no tippy little racks here!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

We enjoyed our stay and would go back again
    • Aloft King Room

The food needs improvement. I order a blt and the turkey was a piece of lunch meat. IT was a terrible sandwich. People will pay for better quality food.

The decor was rend and fun.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Great stay!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Nothing is perfect, but overall, the good wins over the bad!

This place is in a very calm and beautiful environment. The installations are more than adequate. It's a little bit far from the city, but you can easily transit with the near subway. We would highly recommand this hotel if you like the urban-modern style!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Daytime staff does not know how to prep for late night arrivals
    • Aloft King Room

When we arrived at 3am, they had sold out of rooms - including our reserved one. I had told the staff earlier in the day that we would be arriving after midnight that night and the clerk had said that was fine. Turns out they have our room away, assuming we were no-shows. They didn't have one room available for us, and none of the overnight clerk's managers would answer the phone to allow him to come up with a solution. Eventually he found a room we could stay in until the morning - a double, not the king we had booked. In the morning, the other clerk kept calling me by someone else's name and we waited for two hours for them to get the king room (that we had paid for) ready. I don't understand why we had to tolerate this.

Stylish hotel with a nice lobby/common area for socializing

There was no mircrowave in the room.
    • King Room - Disability Access

There was no mircrowave in the room...

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Spacious room

Pricy and WiFi kept disconnecting

Spacious room Good location

The room was nice, clean and comfortable.
    • Aloft King Room

The staff at the front desk the morning we left we're not very helpful, and had an attitude.

The room was nice, clean and comfortable.

Room was not clean.
    • Aloft King Room

Room was not clean. Tissues were stuck to the ceiling for some reason.

The staff was super friendly and helpful

Way, way over priced.

The staff was super friendly and helpful

The atmosphere was great, it felt like a secluded resort!
    • Aloft King Room

The atmosphere was great, it felt like a secluded resort! The bar / lounge area. The rooms were very clean and the staff was amazing.

peaceful get away
    • Aloft King Room

Its a great hotel plenty of parking, the Boston seaport version is obviously nicer but this place is really nice too

Very happy and a good sleep
    • Aloft King Room

Size of room, quietness, cleanliness

Good location & price
    • Aloft King Room

The bed was not comfortable

Good location & price

Convenient stay at Aloft Lexington
    • Aloft King Room

Shower had a few stray hairs stuck to the wall when we arrived...🤨

Convenient location, nice staff, price, plenty of parking

Uniqueness
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The refrigerator was very loud so it was hard to sleep.

Uniqueness

Very comfortable, cheerful environment
    • Aloft King Room

A couple of large pillows or a bolster to make watching TV or reading in bed easier.

The pool table, bar, ice cream snack late At night

No water pressure
    • Aloft King Room

No water pressure Room was so small for value Bar was extremely loud where the room was Snack bar food was expired

Was relaxing and nice and everything was bright and happy looking.
    • Aloft King Room

Love it it was comfortable and very clean.

Likely to return.
    • Aloft King Room

Room had a bit of an unpleasant odor to it.

Perfect place to stay with a dog. Very economical for European styled modern facilities.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Pet friendly safe area was large, clean and very nicely maintained. Easy in and out.

The staff was great
    • Aloft King Room

The lovely girl at the front desk helped me so much!!

The staff was great

excellent
    • Aloft King Room

the staff was excellent...took care of problems ...a very pleasant stay

Comfortable, convenient place to stay at a reasonable price while our power was out.

More and better pillows.

The bar with a tasty though limited menu. Comfortable lounge area. Nice pool.

Great place and very comfortable.
    • Aloft King Room

They do have a bar with a limited menu so if you want a dinner you would have to go out.

It's clean comfort

Clean & comefortable

Clean & comefortable

Great place
    • Aloft King Room

smelled of a funny cleaning solution in the room.

for a last minute solution to the power outage crisis it was nicer then expected! great comfy bed.

Great value for the money - little things can improve
    • Aloft King Room

Great room - a bit cold for some reason, even with the heat turned up.

Staff is always super friendly, the housekeeping crew excellent

The staff was very friendly, accommodating, understanding and helpful. Outstanding customer service!

Friendly staff!

Breakfast was very basic

Breakfast was very basic

Mediocre
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Bed was like a futon. Very hard.

The look and feel of the facilities
    • Aloft King Room

Tv was very intermittent and the signal was not good.

The look and feel of the facilities

The bed was extremely hard, they could stand to upgrade...
    • Aloft King Room

The bed was extremely hard, they could stand to upgrade their mattresses.

the decor was fun and funky
    • Aloft King Room

there were no instructions for wifi connecting and it kept randomly disconnecting once connected

the decor was fun and funky

Great bed, quiet room.

Great bed, quiet room.

We will come back.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The staff especially Alicia at front desk was very helpful and performed a great job. She made us feel welcome.