Reviews of AC Hotel National Harbor Washington, DC Area 4 stars

156 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, MD 20745, USA

#1 of 8 hotels in National Harbor

I had a great stay!

Could have been a complimentary breakfast. The website should have been specific about parking across the street. This would have been helpful before my arrival.

Location of the facilities. The room was very clean. I really like having to have room key to use the elevators. I feel like this added security to the hotel.

The continental breakfast is delicious!

The valet curfew is a bit unusual. For $40 per night, residents should be able to park until 3am given that the Harbor & DMV in general is still bustling well into the night. The hotel is not ergonomic friendly. I noticed that the clientele are early 30’s +. The seating is too low all around the hotel, which is unfortunate because aeisthetically it is beautiful, just uncomfortable.

The continental breakfast is delicious! Selections were replenished until top of the end hour. Hotel was very clean and front desk staff were great!

I will definitely recommend this hotel loved it

Well when we were leaving the young lady at the desk was not too friendly like the two guys were when we came in

We loved our room it was so spacious it was very clean and the view was good

It was right in the center of the action

The breakfast was horrible I walked to McDonald’s and I don’t like McDonald’s either but it was better. They don’t have a pool they turned it into a conference room the pool would have been better because there is no water access

It was right in the center of the action

I enjoyed my stay and will stay here on my next trip to the area!!

A swimming pool would be nice. I prefer bigger and firmer pillows on the bed. Really, that's all I could complain about. It was great!!!

Location was great! The staff was great! The bed was very comfortable!! The price was amazing!

Great value, great staff for business travelers

I was only there a short time, and had to cut my stay short due to a personal issue. The staff could not have been better or more understanding or accommodating. No extra charges, not even charged for what I expected - no hassle. And the property is in National Harbor, where the Gaylord has been getting more and more expensive...this is a good lower priced option in the center of the action. So many restaurants around, doesn't matter it isn't a full service hotel.

A good location to stay at in National Harbor

Standard room safe, which isn't secure at all as anyone can reset the pass code and open the door.

Clean modern look to lobby and rooms. Rooms all have wooden floors while the bathroom area had stone floor tiles. Complimentary bottles of water provided daily and the mini-fridge is otherwise empty, with no hidden minibars. The hotel is thoughtful to put the glasses into the mini-fridge to keep them cool. The TV remote control was easy to use. Wifi internet within the room was excellent, with no signal drop off. The breakfast buffet is nice with delicious quiches daily, which can be boring. Cereals and breads are also available.

It was okay.

I had a better breakfast at a Holiday Inn. (Eggs, waffles, pancakes etc) Needless to say I paid FAR less at the Holiday Inn.

It didn’t kill me or make me ill.

Great hotel, great value and great location! We'll visit this one again and again!

There wasn't a bar in the hotel that appeared to be open for business, so I can't answer to that. But otherwise there wasn't anything we didn't like!

The rooms are clean, comfortable, well-equipped, stylish and up-to-date. Staff was professional and courteous, and you can't beat this location - right in the heart of a great selection of restaurants, bars, entertainment and activities.

For the price charged it was not worth staying at the AC National Harbor Hotel.

Did not have a restaurant for breakfast or dinner. The breakfast buffet did not have a good selection of breakfast foods. ie: no type of eggs served such as scrambled, over light or omelets.

Bang Bang for your bucks

No cons. Even the extra steps to get to the room elevators from the street is visibly entertaining.

The hotel was convenient to everything. My birthday was Mother's Day and Kenya helped make it memorable. Her professionalism was a comfort.

Location. It’s right in the center of the harbor. Our room view was amazing!! We booked a king sized bed and when we arrived Roxanna offered us a room with 2 queens and a much nicer view. She didn’t fail us either. When we go back we are staying here!!!

Perfect location to harbor,luxury stay,wonderful staff and so much to see!! Loved it!

No continental breakfast... bummer

It was my first time in the area. I was alone and was afraid I’d be bored at some point but the convenience of the stay and how it’s connected to the harbor activities was perfect! I’m used to breakfast being included in my stay,as I usually stay with Embassy Suites and the price is a little more but it was still a winner for me!So much to see and do. I will be back VERY!!

It was beautiful
    • King Room with River View

The refrigerator could be a little bit bigger and have the microwave in the room

The beautiful view and the comfortable bed and fluffy pillows and the shower

It was average

I didn’t like elevators that had to be used twice to get to the rooms. The size of the room was smaller than expected. When I got there they were not able to locate my booking. They then said no rooms available. Tried giving a queen been when I booked king. Not a great experience

The fact that I could catch and Uber and be at the MGM in a matter in minutes

Great location!

No parking provided to hotel guests. You could valet for $40 or park in the garage for $20 per day. You could not take your car out of the garage or you'd have to pay again.

Perfect location! Just across the street is the pier with the Ferris Wheel. Night light like Bobby McKey's Dueling Piano Bar is a quick walk from the hotel. You can take a 5 minute Uber ride to the MGM Casino. Hotel was extremely clean. You were not able to activate the elevator without a room key. The Walrus Oyster and Ale House was connected to the hotel, and it was SUPERB!

Great Hotel

Can't think of any complaints

Great view and great location! Roxanna at the front desk was amazing and I definitely appreciate her help and commitment to customer service!!!

The location and the view were awesome.

At check-in I wanted one card charged for the room amount and another for the taxes and incidentals. I was charged the whole thing on the wrong card and the incidentals in another. I also booked a king room but none were available at my time of arrival which was 12pm. I wasn't even offered a discount or an upgrade or perk of any kind.

The location and the view were awesome.

The location was excellent and convenient for walking to all...

Directions to parking prior to arrival would have been helpful. Breakfast was okay but nothing special.

The location was excellent and convenient for walking to all of "downtown" National Harbor. Travel to MGM requires shuttle or cab. The room was a cut above above the average hotel room. Staff was friendly and helpful and the facility was in great condition and very clean.

Excellent service but one complaint.

I only had one issue with the hotel while I was there. There was an issue where I was charge d for someone else's breakfast.

The views were outstanding, the staff was incredible. All of the amenities were far above what I was expecting.

Excellent location. Horrible Valet parking.

Valet parking was a nightmare. They have only 3 spots in front of the hotel. Most of the times these are filled which makes it impossible to get in. They have only one person to handle the cars. There valet parking is at the Gaylord national harbor resort. It took over 30 minutes to bring the car. So if you are travelling with out a car this is a good place. Other wise parking is horrible.

Location is excellent. Staff were very helpful

AC Hotel Katsucon Weekend

Charging an extra $4 to get money out of the ATMs. Unable to put either half of the cost of the room down or pay at a later time. The breakfast cost instead of being available to all guests who paid to stay there.

It was convenient and comfortable to stay there. Close to the convention center and great location. Had it's own mini bar and had an elegant look. I felt safe knowing you had to use your card to get into the hotel during certain times and to use the elevators.

The bed was soft - the shower was perfect!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The set up of the room is not my favorite. The toilet and shower being right against the bed. Not much privacy.

The bed was soft - the shower was perfect!

We really enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

The water in the shower was confusing. The water was either terribly hot or frigid cold. Not relaxing after a night out.

The appearance of the hotel was beautiful and updated.

Considering the nightly rate of this room, I wish I had stayed at one of the resort hotels.

The rooms have no microwaves which could be very accommodating for those of us who do not want to pay the high prices of food from the surrounding restaurants. Walmart sells microwaves for less than $45 and at the nightly rate of your rooms this shouldn’t break the bank for you. Lighting in the shower area also needs to be brighter.

The view was excellent. My room faced the Potomac river. There was also the view of the Ferris wheel which at night is lit with beautiful blue lights.

Great rooms, good value !
    • King Room with River View

The cleanliness was an opportunity. The glass shelves hadn’t been dusted in a while and the under sink area needed more attention.

VERY comfortable bed and nice views of the water.

Good for a business trip. Not sure I'd stay here for pleasure.

No microwave. Towels not very good....scratchy and small. I also did not like having to take 2 elevators to the room. One to get to the lobby, then across the lobby to the other elevator. Poor design and cumbersome with luggage.

View of National Harbor and proximity to restaurants.

It was ok, I think for the money I paid, the bathroom should of been cleaner.

Parking/ heat was 2 loud, couldn’t sleep because of it. My bathroom tub had some Red drips on it , It looked ike it was blood, and hair on the floor. I wanted to relax with a bubble bath but wasn’t able to the tub being dirty and some blood stains on it . It was just nasty.

Location was beautiful. Overall the Hotel is beautiful.

The property was clean, spacious, and it had a beautiful...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with River View

The property was clean, spacious, and it had a beautiful river view. My husband and I celebrated our birthday together and we stayed in the King suite with the river view. We were in the heart of all the action and everything was in walking distance. The staff were very pleasant as well. I would definitely recommend this property and we'll be visiting again very soon😉.

The bed was comfortable.

The room was too small for the cost. Also, our window view was horrible; we had a view of the rooftop air condition units. There was no microwave in the room, so at that cost there should have been a microwave in the room. Most hotels at National Harbor has valet parking. This hotel did not; we had to pay for public parking whenever we depart/return to the public parking garage.

The bed was comfortable.

Nice hotel, but parking sucks!

Parking was 20 dollars and you had to park across the street. There was no place to drop off your bags unless you paid 40 dollars for valet parking and those few spaces were also full when we arrived so that wasn’t even an option. Would not stay here again because of this.

It was a great stay! We both enjoyed!

The parking garage was a block away not too bad, $20 per day. Maybe it wouldn't have been an issue if it was the Spring or Summer .

Excellent! The staff was great! Very accommodating, I ask for a view of the Potomac and the 8th floor. I got it! The hotel was clean. The happy hour was great!

Modern hotel near conference center

National Harbor is somewhere you only go if you have to (for a conference, for example).

The architecture and furniture has a modern feel. The gym is very acceptable. It's close to the Gaylord conference center.

Pretty nice stay, first two night was cold since the heater was broken (fixed on the 2nd night).

The room we booked wasn't available, was charged extra for a different room and then got charged again for the same room

Nice staff, decent atmosphere

The cleaning lady was so nice and went out of her way to...

I didn’t like that parking was not validated and cost $20 a day and the front desk clerks were not very pleasant at check in.

The cleaning lady was so nice and went out of her way to accommodate the things I asked for with no reluctance at all!

It was a good stay just cold sleeping. Thankful we drank enough at the Gaylord to stay warm.
    • Queen Room with River View

The reservations were not processed. Or at least the hotel could not find them. Since it was New Years Eve they had to find a room. The room did not have heat. This was not discovered till 3am when we returned to the room. The next day hotel staff asked why we didn’t call? It was 3am and we were told at check in the hotel was sold out.

Plenty of light. Nice bathroom. Tile floors are different. Comfortable bed.

Overall I wasmpressed, will return/recommend to others.

For the price breakfast should've been included.

The one bedroom, loft/condo/apartment feel. State of the art design/decor. Walking /uber/left distance to everywhere.

After the room situation was fixed the stay was great.
    • King Room with River View

I didn't like the fact that we could not check in a little earlier. Also when we did check in they put us in a room that had the view of the back side of a building. I was paying for a river view so why not put us in that room to begin with.

I like the fact that the hotel was located in the middle of everything. Most attractions were in walking distance and if not the shuttle took us the other places.

The staff was excellent, accommodations comfortable & location was convenient to restaurants & shops

Include breakfast in the rate. Offer parking discount since only public parking is available.

Accommodations very comfortable. Staff friendly & helpful.

Very pleasant experience and facilities.

Seemed silly to need your key card to enter the ice machine room since you already needed the key card to traverse up to the 8th floor on the elevator. I understand paying for breakfast BUT Coffee service should be gratis.

Modern interiors. Terrace with fireplace and view of Potomac. Allison at Check-in was awesome!! Very easy walk to the Gaylord Center.

Breakfast poor and coffee machine out of order so no...

Breakfast poor and coffee machine out of order so no espresso neither cappuccino. Dast in the room and hears in the floor in the bedroom which for me means not enough cleaning after the previous customer. Definitely too explode what they offer!

In the hustle and traffic of DC, the AC Hotel is a welcomed escape.
    • King Room with River View

Great location. There are plenty of tourist/business social things to do. If you want to escape the National Harbor scene, you're a $10 Uber ride from Old Town Alexandria. The hotel is clean, well staffed and modern.

We had a blast!

The bed pillows were a bit too fluffy for me, although perfect for my wife. I prefer a much flatter pillow as a result of previous neck surgery. The only other major issue is the cost of hotel sponsored parking. At $40.00 per day, this was a bit steep! The hotels in downtown D.C. only charged us $40.00 for the entire weekend of Fri thru Sun, with unlimited entrances and exits.

The check-in staff was friendly with a great sense of humor and exceptionally helpful. We received a room upgrade and a $10.00 credit for use in the restaurant (Marriott rewards). The hotel is located in a thriving area with lots of restaurants and great views of the harbor. All in all It was a great stay!

Nice, close to the waterfront hotel!
    • King Room with River View

I did not like parking. I could have used valet, but didn't want to pay a ridiculous price for it. The closest public parking was about 2 blocks away. I was there for 1 night in preparation for a marathon the next day. My room was located facing the waterfront, which was beautiful, but the noise outside made it difficult to sleep.

The room was very nice and clean. It wasn't the largest room, but I had plenty of space for my 1 night stay. The bed and pillows were soft and comfortable.

Awesome view for great price
    • King Room with River View

Not really anything bad to say, tv didn't work but we weren't really in the room so not a big deal, let them know on the way out.

View was great, room was cozy and the shower was beautiful

i like the hotel style, no dirty wtw carpets, clean nice...

i like the hotel style, no dirty wtw carpets, clean nice bathroom. the bed was good etc. the only odd thing was the reception was not on street level but I can get used to that.

It was comfortable; and I enjoyed the weekend.

The parking situation - not close to hotel; and it was expensive. It should have been a discount.

I did not have breakfast because I had to get on the road early. Love the room.

Expensive, and should have looked for other hotels in area that are cheaper.

There was no parking available, parking was not validated. I expect to pay government taxes but what the heck is an occupancy tax?

Cleanliness, close proximity to amenities.

really nice, very comfortable.

Parking was very pricey. There was no drop of point like most hotels. You had to get items out your vehicle quickly and go find a parking space if you did not want to pay 28-38 dollar fee for valet parking

I loved the location. It was a lot to see and do in the area.

We were sent up to a room that was still being cleaned -...

small but cozy, staff seemed pretty distant

We were sent up to a room that was still being cleaned - lysol smell, they did give us another room but didn't really seem to happy about it.

Overall, fine for the price.

No bread available at 08:30 on two of five nights. Breakfast staff are too relaxed, with a "not my problem" attitude.

Reception front desk staff are polite and helpful. Excellent customer service.

Good option in National Harbor

Room prices are high, but that holds true for all hotels in the area

Modern hotel in National Harbor, and good alternative to the larger conference or resort hotels. Really nice rooms with all types of comfort - and I liked the different layout.

This is one of the best hotels we stayed in.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

This is one of the best hotels we stayed in. It is in a busy area but the hotel itself is very quite and calm. It is very clean and smells amazing. I loved how they keep lavender bags by the elevators at night for the convenience of the guests. I totally recommend it to anyone going to Washington DC: do stay in the National Harbor area in the AC hotel!

Perfect location and wonderful staff!

The front desk staff went out of their way to assist me. I had gone to the garage to get my car and leave but it wouldn't start. Allison at the front desk called the garage management company who sent me someone to help with my car.

The view from the room was great and the staff was friendly.
    • King Room with River View

There was a wait at check-in and only one person at the desk. Most hotels now include breakfast - albeit small - as part of the package, especially at this price. No dumbbells under 10 lbs. Hotel under Marriott name, did not validate garage parking that the Residence Inn at Marriott did validate. No other non-paid options close by. No room service.

The view from the room was great and the staff was friendly. Nice gym - very clean and great hours.

Great weekend at the National Harbor

I wish the hotel would validate parking. I believe National Harbor gets enough business daily to allow hotels to be able to validate parking for guest.

Great Location and very good staff and comfortable rooms

The room was accomadating but the amentities left a lot to be desired

the breakfast

I was disappointed at the breakfast , especially since i8 had to pay for it . there were no fresh eyes . there were bacon keish and spinach keish but they were not readilly visible . the clerk had to get them for you and if you were not standing by you were not told it was available . The butter and jelly were not single serve so you had to stand at the tabke and butter your bread . food selection was poor .

The hotel was great!

The manager said he was going to contact me about a situation that went bad with my stay, and until this day, I've not heard anything!

The hotel was great!

My Luxury Stay At AC Hotel

It's Nothing That I didnt Like

I Loved Everything About The Room. The Shower, The King Size Bed, The View, The Room Wasn't To Big And Wasn't To Small

Loved It ❤️
    • King Room with River View

No microwave in the room

The view from our room of the Potomac River and at night the lights from the Ferris wheel 🎡 was amazing. The rooms had a modern/sleek feel that I fell in love with. The staff was friendly and the whole atmosphere of the hotel was relaxing 😎 A lot of restaurants and shops was in walking distance.

The hotel was very very nice.

The hotel was very very nice...the staff was also amazing but the website made the rooms look luxurious and they were very very small for the money that was being charged...if I am not mistaken I thought there was supposed to be a microwave in the room and there was not, but the room was so small there was no where to put it...we almost missed the very tiny fridge...

Great pillows on the bed, the toiletries were really nice...

I can't think of a thing I'd change

Great pillows on the bed, the toiletries were really nice quality, and the room was very clean and convenient. The staff was very nice, attentive and helpful.

Ok

Couldn't earn hotel points because I didn't book through Marriott and parking was expensive at an unconnected parking deck which was poorly signed.

Beds were comfy

Nice stay at AC

No room service options or minibar. Also, the first floor and reception were extremely cold, the AC must have been set to 55F. I had to really rush in and out of those areas, breakfast would not have been an option, given the cold temps.

Modern facilities, great view, location in National Harbor

Location, friendly/helpful staff, clean, coffee maker in...

No discount for parking garage, pricey breakfast buffet

Location, friendly/helpful staff, clean, coffee maker in room.,lobby bar w/ drink specials, great towels!

I would definitely stay here again only if more spacious accomodations are available.
    • Queen Room with River View

We reserved the twin double and it was not as roomy as I am accustomed to for two people. The floor plan made the sleeping area very cramped so I would have preferred a more spacious unit. I know the facility caters to business travels so this is a consideration when determining whether I would stay here again.

The location is very well kept with rooms with a very modern décor which we loved and the river view was wonderful. The location was within walking distance of the plaza and all of the activities and night life which was great. We walked everywhere we went and a shuttle is available.

Great location! Wonderful accomodations!

I liked everything!

This hotel is a great location, right in the heart of the National Harbor. Also, the desk attendants were very helpful with directions/recomendations for restaurants in the area and the accomodations were great! There are plenty of restaurants to choose from and stores for shopping. My event was at the Gaylord Hotel which was a 3 block walk from the A.C. Hotel. They did offer valet parking, but I chose to park in the parking garage across the street.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Staff were extremely friendly

Needed to eat dinner and was looking forward to the advertised happy hour at the hotel as an easy way to have a drink and a meal without leaving the hotel since it was cold and rainy out. I was able to get a beer but when I tried to order food off the meanie I was informed that they only had potato available. Was very disappointed however the bar tender did not charge me for the beer.

Staff were extremely friendly

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Weekend at the National Harbor to catch Ricky Martin at the MGM!

Room wasn't available till several hours and I had to wait drowsily on the porch after a very early flight in from Boston. Corridors were dimly lit at night and the soundproofing wasn't ideal.

Great location, breakfast added on as a privilege, excellent Wi-Fi service and great HBO channels and super-soft bed!

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

shower instead of tub was wonderful;

shower instead of tub was wonderful; Im all for modern design but the hallways were too dark, add some fixtures to that modern take on track lighting! Likewise the shower/toilet area had only a shower light and that was too dark also.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Decent experience

I did not like that there was no complimentary breakfast. I also did not like that ice was on the 8th floor. I wish the main elevator gave people access to the outside. To get out everyone had to go to the second floor and then go to another set of elevators or walk down some stairs to leave. An older person would have found this annoying and inconvenient. The room was nice but not romantic. It felt more businesslike so couples should keep that in mind.

The staff was nice and very accommodating. The location was spot on for me because it was within walking distance to where I had to go. They are also located near the Mariner parking garage which makes it easy to get to your car. I wish the cost to park was less though. $12 a day is a bit much if one had a long stay. I liked the fact that everyone couldn't access every floor. You had to use your room key in order to access the floors via the elevator. I just wished it was explained when I got my key so I didn't have to look foolish in the elevator. The price was one of the cheaper places on the harbor.

Too much money, great staff

I am very upset that I could not get my AAA discount nor did I get points towards my Marriott Rewards. I was told they could not do that for me.

The staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

If you are heading to National Harbor, AC Hotel is worth checking in to

Breakfast built into price was poor and could not change it. Very limited assortment and the dining area was not clean.

Modern design, shower, location, price relative to competition.

Nice room

Breakfast was not traditional. We don't need a European pricy breakfast in the U. S. it came with the cost of the room but if it had not, I would not have stayed and eaten it. Also, the picture shows a whole mother view and I did not get te view that was shown to me online.

Nice room

The view from 609;

Didn't like finding out about the "zero tolerance" policy for weekends. Should have advertised this on website at time of booking.

The view from 609; décor of the hotel rooms