Reviews of Wyndham Indianapolis West 3 stars

2544 Executive Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46241, USA

#75 of 129 hotels in Indianapolis

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Elevator stopped working relegating guests to a service elevator. Bathroom was small. Hotel needs to be updated.

Staff was friendly. 24 hour store was helpful. Beds were comfortable.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed 3 days, and our room was never cleaned. The service staff at the front desk consisted of two young millennial girls with no customer service skills. The staff in the bar/restaurant was aloof and would not clean off a table for us to sit down. I paid a premium rate and they refused to adjust it. The decor in the entire hotel was old and filthy. There was a event with 400 Boxer dogs in the convention space and the dogs were allowed in the rooms too. Many of us thought the hotel carpets smelled of dog urine, especially in the back of the house. Finally our room 264 had a crack in the ceiling, and the bathroom had paint peeling and mildew. I will never stay there again. Beware!

The brand name

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms are a bit dark and even the best rooms don’t have a fridge. Generally looks a bit tired

Close to Indianapolis Airport and only a 15$Uber Ride into town. Bar and restaurant on the premises.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I had room Nr. 130 and there was an terrible noise the hole night outside and they put earplugs on the nightstand. For this price per night it was totally unacceptalbe.

The hotel was okay place to stay for two nights what upset me was when I got to the hotel to check in they told me that they had nothing reserved for me so I just wanna say I will never use booking again. They hotel I would stay again I will just call them personally next time

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Facility was not what we expected. We’ve stayed at a Wyndham before and it was very nice. This one is a little run down - needs updating. Elevators made awful noises.

The bed was comfortable, room was clean.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Very outdated and in need of major renovations. Peeling wall paper in our room, cigarette burns on toilet seat, stained sheets, the elevators floor tiles were cracked and broken and a mat was used to cover. Lastly the hotel restaurant Niccios (sp?) the food was of poor quality, wilted lettuce, brown and dried lemons. We thought wrong when selecting...clearly.

The check in staff were pleasant.

From the pics on line, I expected it to be a little more up to date.

Older hotel...could use an update. Bed was a little too soft for me. Otherwise it was fine.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows were horrible. Made it hard to sleep and woke with neck ache and headache. Extra charge for breakfast when it really was no better than a continental breakfast that would have been included at any other hotel. Food was luke warm at best, French toast was cold.

Staff at check-in and check-out was awesome. Very friendly and helpful. Room was great, very clean and lots of space.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My debit card was charged twice for the cost of the room informed front desk and I still haven't gotten my money back. My partner room on the same floor had a fridge ,the stopper in tub was broken.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Made to wait 20 minutes after check in at 10:30 at night so someone could go upstairs and "make sure room is clean." Never heard that before and was told only room available so couldn't switch. Light in bathroom flickered and didn't work, had to use heat lamp. Beds were two full size that were tiny and we ended up in separate beds--neither of us are big people. Towels were worn out, stiff, and very scratchy--felt like bath mat towels. Wake up call at 5:30 AM that was not requested. Zero food/coffe options near hotel, nothing. VERY overpriced at $247.00 which is a splurge for us so expected something nice. Instead, not as good as any $139 rooms I get when on the road for business. TOTAL TIPOFF STAY AWAY!!!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room had an odor and was very humid to the point the sheets were damp. It was midnight when I rolled in and didn't feel like fussing, but if it was earlier in the evening I would have asked for another room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

At times, the staff was not as professional as they should have been. The front desk clerks were loud talking and distracting and hard to communicate with. They talked very loud - the restaurant staff argued with each other in front of the guests.

The room was extremely clean. The bathroom was extremely clean and the tub was huge! Very nice.

Room service breakfast did not arrive. The first time that's happened at this hotel.

Staff helpful; bed comfortable; peaceful; location near the airport.

Customer service was horrible. Hotel was really worn down. Wouldn't reserve the room over the phone unless I drove there in person to swipe my credit card. Once I arrived I stood in line with over 20 people waiting. I reserved the room for just 1 employee and the hotel charged me for 2 rooms. After multiple calls they still wouldn't resolve the issue even with the proof of a single confirmation number. Lousy experience. Stay away from this property.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

I have stayed there many times, but this time the room was right next to the air conditioning plant. the constant drone was a little irritating and not great for a light sleeper.

Comfort, location, room service, value for money.

The hotel staff was outstanding! I was unhappy that there was no continental breakfast or coffee. The only bad thing about our room was that the coffee pot leaked and the sink leaked. They fixed the sink immediately upon notification from us. This hotel is very close to the airport and the speedway. It is a great hotel and I would definitely stay here again. Also, the beds are like CLOUDS!!!! Loved it and it was the best sleep I have had in a long time!

WE HAD NO HOT WATER SATURDAY AND WERE TOLD AT 5:30 AM THAT POSSIBLE BY 8AM. THAT DIDNT HAPPEN WHICH MADE THE REST OF THE DAY VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. I SPOKE WITH JAMES AND WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THE MANAGEMENT WAS GONNA DO ABOUT THIS, AND HE SAID HIS HANDS ARE TIED THAT HE WILL HAVE A MANAGER CALL ME. HAHA THAT DIDNT HAPPEN, I HADS 2 ROOMS UNDER MY RESERVATION 315-317 SPENT $2000 AND WAS UNCOMFORTABLE. THE HOTWATER WELL KIND OF WAS LUKEWARM SATURDAY NITE. IAM NOT HAPPY HOW THE PROBLEM WAS TAKEN CARE OF, I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY TO BE COMFORTABLE NOT MISERABLE. I CAME BACK MY ROOM WAS CLEAN I WONDER HOW WITHOUT HOT WATER

SPECIAL ATTENTION TO JAMES WHO WAS EXCELLENT

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room and beds were a bit small for us--beds were quite narrow. Pillows weren't great. Lighting in the room was terrible. The elevator doors shut super fast and if you had luggage, it was hard to beat the closure. The bathroom was too small for two people to get ready at the same time--I feel the room would have been satisfactory for two, but for three, it was really too small to be workable. Parking was ok, but handicapped parking was uncharacteristically far from the door.

Towels were excellent and the shower was nice. I appreciated the multitude of plug-in spots--definitely above average.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I realize much of this is not in your control but here goes....I would like to see some vending machines with crackers or pretzels on a couple of the floors. The wait was long at the café shop and there are no convenience stores close enough to walk to. I was there for the American Legion National Oratorical contest and we had hundreds of high school kids so I am sure they also would have liked a few vending machines for snacks. The restaurant needs to expand it's menu. The pasta bar every day for lunch was okay but adding more choices would make it go closer to great. Adding omelets for the breakfast bar would have been great, too! The food served for one of the groups meetings I went to was really poor. I was at the Preconvene room. The chicken on the skewer was completely dried out. The cheese was cut in such big chunks it was hard to eat. The blue cheese, that is. Some were normal chunks but the fancy cheese was in huge pieces. Adding Pinto Grigio wine to the bar would have been good. Also, the pineapple was just one pineapple sliced in half which looked nice but we had no pineapple to eat. I think it would be better to skip the decoration and use the pineapple to eat.

The Wi Fi worked like a charm. The staff was friendly though some did not appear to speak English too well. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. The AC worked good. The bathroom shampoo smelled really good! The lighting was good in the rooms and the Power Cube was great. Good selection of movies on TV.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

No continental breakfast, no coffee in lobby, had to pay extra $10 for mini-fridge. Had to get room keys rekeyed 3 times & finally replaced before they would both work. Back evaluator sounded like something from a horror movie, and that elevator and the 3rd floor back hallway STANK of too much floral air freshener. Smelled like someone used a whole bottle in the elevator. No on-site laundry, just a "laundry service". No restaurants nearby, just overpriced hotel rest.

Beds were comfortable & shower was nice.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

So, I get that you guys clearly DO NOT like the Anime convention people, but its not an excuse to be disrespectful or rude. Unlike most of the teenagers, I'm actually staying at your hotel as a VENDOR for the event, which means I'm a working adult running a business. I must look young or something, because you could see the almost immediate shift between the convention guests, the pilot guests, and the 'normal hotel guests.' I had not been wearing my convention badge during check-in (btw booking.com lost my reservation, you guys couldn't find it, was a whole ordeal) but I was treated respectfully while we sorted it out. We wound up on the 6th floor 24/quiet zone which was actually ok because after work I want to sleep and not party :) When I went to Nico's restaurant that night for dinner my badge was on and staff treated me like dirt in spite of spending $50+ and leaving a decent tip. When I went back a second time (to pick up dinner for my employee) and didn't have my badge on, it was a complete 180 in terms of service. Same with in the starbucks, and with my brief interactions with cleaning crew. If I had a badge, I wasn't treated politely, no badge, customer service. Care to explain that?

I like this hotel a lot. I've stayed here twice and both times were super relaxing and nice

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

For most of the night and all the following morning, there was a fairly rhythmic metallic sound, maybe some loose metal sign wobblingnin the wind. Not enough to discourage sleep, but we both noticed it, after which it cannot be ignored.

The 24-hour Starbucks in the lobby allowed a good visit with a local friend. The clean airport shuttles were on time with jovial drivers.

Although the computers were down, no one to repair them and over 100 people in line to register around 3 pm, all of that could be understood, However, when reaching the desk after standing in line for an hour, I was appalled! The rooms were not ready. As we were already too late to dress for our job, we had to find another option. We were so disappointed.

Very disappointed. However, We do appreciate that the Assistant General Manger cancelled our reservations.

We waited in line for 2 hours to check in. The computer system was down. The staff did not inform any of us as to what the problem was until we asked. We were finally given a room key and went to our room but the door would not open. We went back to the desk and was assigned to another room just to find out someone else was already in that room. Finally we were given a THIRD room which was fine. We missed our New Years Eve dinner reservations. No apologies for the inconvenience or anything. Not impressed.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

EVERYTHING SUCKED !!!

What a horrible experience ! Nothing good about this hotel.way overpriced ,air conditioning didn't work ,bathroom was falling apart ,shower drain was plugged up ,bed was uncomfortable and didn't even get a continental breakfast with our stay .I expected way more from Wyndham,they should be shut down .they didn't even do anything for me for all my troubles.don't waste your money at that hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that they didn't have a room...despite my confirmed reservation.

Lobby was comfortable, but I never got past it...they didn't have any rooms when I arrived, despite my confirmed reservation on booking.com

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

at the back of the hotel (were my room was located) there are several generators installed which were in operation most of the night and kept me awake for most part of the night. not good! put them either further away or make them more silent.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

comfort, location, room service, ease of check out

Rooms or outta date

Close to airport fair price

Restaurant closed at 11, bar closed at 12. No hot tub

Food, staff, and facilities were excellent

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was too close to the noisy air-conditioning plant

comfort, location, familiarity, room service efficiency

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

timing of room service breakfast

location, comfort, room service option

Great stay Staff was wonderful

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows were too soft so I wasn't able to sleep very well . Unable to regulate thermostat and room a bit warm

Very clean and pretty surroundings

We thought the rooms could have been made up a little better

The staff are very helpful and friendly

Not real handy location for other restaurants

Nice room

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Convenient location off the highway with easy travel to/from downtown Indy and west side locations

Location, value, comfort, peaceful

Value.

It was easy to find, and the airport shuttle was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Nice property which I have come to expect from Wyndham with a few exceptions

The elevator needs a little work. The air conditioner in one of the ballrooms was miserable.

It was very comfortable!

No fridge in the room, no safe in room

Restaurant food was good

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

no complaints

good breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Location, comfort, room service always arrives on time or even early

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

There were dogs everywhere inside the hotel. I was not forewarned of this.

Comfortable, warm, clean, good room service. very efficient check in and check out

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Staff

Bed like a cloud

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There wasn't a a refrigerator in the room. I had to use my cooler to keep stuff cold.

Love the comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

location, comfort, warm, value

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Asked for a wake up call. Never came. Wanted to be near airport. Didn't realize I could have been closer. Expensive for just an over night.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Convenience, comfort, proximity to airport, warm room, comfy bed

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Service was very good and friendly

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Value for money, location, comfort, peaceful,

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The beds were small...

Hotel set up was very nice and friendly staff!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

clean, nice and quite

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

For the price of the room and how amazing everything else was the quality of the TV as far as the actual channels that were available and we couldn't connect our ps4 to play on it

The bed was super comfy and the room was very clean and the lobby/ground floor was immaculate and beautiful

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

Special event pricing of $280.00 for the Big Ten Football Championship was way over priced but I understand supply and demand creates ridiculous profit opportunities.

Location was good, staff was friendly hotel condition was good.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Our bathroom was very small & the counter tops/bathtub was stained tremendously. The carpet was also very stained in spots.

Very Friendly Staff.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Toilet tissue has to be the cheapest you could find. If I stay at this property again, I will carry my own T.P. C'mon, can't you afford a little better grade of product. Check with the State Museum, they use a quality product.

Very polite, friendly service from most of the staff.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

All of it

The room is very unclean.. Location nothing around the hotel. Staff just dose the bare minimum would not stay again if they paid me to be there...

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

The room was old and weathered. Not pleasant to look at. Bathroom was dated and just functional. I have stayed at Wyndham properties before and I expected much much more. This particular hotel was dissapointing.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2015

the bed were full sized and queen . we expected a double room and 2 bed. that not what we got

I like the location and access to shuttle to get to concert and downtown indy

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

The staff was horrible. Security and the shuttle drivers were to busy chain smoking and cussing back and forth around the customers to worry about doing their jobs.

The hotel was nice

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

My lamp didn't work in my room an not enough channels to choose from.

Staff was friendly! I like that it was a bar/lounge and restaurant, the variety of sitting areas was nice. Loved that they had a Starbucks!

• Reviewed: 3 April 2015

Map to site was not very good. Once located and oriented to the city, had easy access to facility. Took four days to get correct charges to bank. Room was a long way from main lobby.

the room was comfortable, pleasant, well laid out for ease of use. I would have no problem in using this hotel for a family stay.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2015

The thermostat did not work and the room was cold. The front desk was prompt to send a maintenance person, but he was not able to fix the old device so he set it high and then the room got much too warm. Otherwise the stay was pleasant.

Nice clean room, friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

Fresh faces at check in, friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

The mess up my bill

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

Clean comfy beds, fast check in, value!

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

The front desk staff was confused.

I loved the 24 hour cafe with the Starbucks and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

Traffic noise, we had a room facing freeway.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

Late night staff are unpleasant, not very helpful and more concerned with chatting then helping.

Good accommodations for money

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.