Reviews of Haven Hotel - Fort Lauderdale Hotel 2 stars

#116 of 131 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

6.2

6.1

• Standard Queen Room

I showed up three hours to early for check in. Instead of telling me to come back they cleaned a room so I was able to check in. Their location is right outside the city so if you don’t mind walking a couple of blocks everything is within reach.

• Standard Queen Room

the room was old and tired - and basic- nothing more. the staff was nice. there was no water pressure - the shower was a trickle. there were signs of forced entry on the bathroom door and the door to the room (room 12) . its the cheapest room we found close to the airport so you get what you pay for. don't expect anything more.

• Standard Queen Room

The location and rental car companies near by made a lot traffic and drove right past the place due to all the cars parked everywhere! I wished the room had a bathtub vs a stand up shower but it’s still nice.

The bed was nice and room was updated!

• Standard Queen Room

Breakfast was basically none existent Dry cereal without milk No bread toast or pastries Just coffee and granola bar Pity anyone who paid the extra for a breakfast at ten dollars higher rate

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel is very old probably needs to be torn down.

The lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful. We arrived very early in the morning and was very willing to watch our luggage. She called as soon as our room was ready which was very helpful. Location to the airport was great.

• Standard Queen Room

Is in an industrial park, no indication of this on web site. Room very very small. Bathroom very small no vanity could barley fit one person. No hot water in the shower. No ice machine.towels were very small. Nasty old wood type chair. No place to put suitcases to unpack. Blinds on Windows did not block light from surrounding business, room had full light all night. Mattress made terrible noise every time you moved

There was nothing that I liked.

• Standard Queen Room

I just spent one night in this small hotel, but was a good experience. When I arrive I met the receptionist who was a girl, very kind and friendly person. She told me everything of the hotel and give some advices of how to get some places where I had to go. It was nice and very important the time that she dedicated to me..to assist me. Thanks for that. I appreciate that.The hotel is near to the airport just 10 minutes by taxi. I had to go to the airport the next morning at 3.30am so she was sweet and arranged a taxi for me(uber) which is a good option and price. The room was nice, cleaning excellent. So it's a good place to stay. It's recommendable. Thanks for all..

• Standard Queen Room

There was a mouse hole in the bottom of our door. You could see daylight. Kept wondering if something was going to creep into our room overnight. The door was also very beat up, like someone had tried to break in before. They had a plate on the bottom of the door on the outside, but from the inside the bottom looked rotten. The door needs to be replaced.

Bed was very comfortable. Staff very nice and helpful. Convenient location to cruise port and airport.

• Standard Queen Room

sofa and carpeting was old and stained. shower floor was pealing.

close to the airport. helpful and friendly staff. relatively good price during spring break. easy to get to Fort Lauderdale downtown. there were fresh oranges in the office!

• Standard Queen Room

I wouldn't book it for a vacation destination but if you need somewhere to stay that you want to be clean and near port or airport this is the place to go.

The staff at Haven made our experience perfect! We stayed because it was close to the airport and just needed a place to rest until the morning. The owner greeted us helped us find somewhere to eat within walking distance, had breakfast ready for us and even helped us with transportation to port of miami. His knowledge, friendliness and eagerness to help made our short stay wonderful. The place was incredibly clean!

• Standard Queen Room

the receptionist never mentioned breakfast , such as it was......so we missed it the first day.........the second day when we went for it we had some cereal, the milk was sour and when I asked John to get some he said it was all gone , the coffee disappeared also and he couldn't refill it..........it was a disgrace in comparison to the Ramada hotel in Miami, which was cheaper and a great breakfast........

nothing.............................

• Standard Queen Room

Non-working electrical outlets, mold, mildew, bulging walls, rotting floors, full size bed (supposed to be queen), small and scary bathroom, no amenities at all. Small dank lobby where "breakfast" is served with ONE table to sit at.

Absolutely nothing. There is truly nothing to like about this hotel. They charge a lot (because they can) for a property that needs to be condemned and demolished.

• Standard Queen Room

Very small room, very weird decor. Monitor like tv was barely an option. My tablet is almost bigger. The shower head came up to my lower chest. The deadbolt worked but the second lock was broken. Very ghetto.

• Standard Queen Room

The bed was terrible; squeaked and sank to the middle. Refrigerator didn't cool at all. Bathroom is so small you had to sit sideways on the toilet.

• Standard Queen Room

Difficult to figure out which building is the hotel because the sign isn't easy to see

Very clean sheets, good location, comfortable bed, good price, safe

• Standard Queen Room

cheap well located. Simple and basic but spotlessly clean and gave me exactly what I needed:- A bed and a shower cheaply whilst I had a layover at fort Lauderdale airport.

• Standard Queen Room

Mattresses were sunken, tiles were missing from the floor, bathroom was so tiny you could barely move, windows were unlocked, and the train passing every half hour and blowing its whistle prevented any kind of rest! Due to the time of booking, it was 5 times more expensive than it should have been.

• Standard Queen Room

Everything! From horribly rude staff, to the room the size of a closet, and a bathroom COVERED in black mold! And they have the audacity to charge the same price as a real hotel! I'm going to see to it that they get shut down! I want my money back!!!

Leaving!

• Standard Queen Room

The bed and it’s Mattress was horrible!!’ I couldn’t sleep and take the rest all night. We missed the flight so to catch the first flight in morning we choose this hotel just to sleep over one night and because it was close to airport. But we couldn’t sleep at all. The bed was too small for 2 ppl and we were rolling off the bed all night. We left tired and felt bitten up after sleepless and restless night. Beside the room is too small for that bed and we barely moved around. Not to mention that Tv antenna was static and we couldn’t even enjoy the tv while we couldn’t get some sleep! However the staff was very friendly and nice. After all we got hit with the $50 extra charge! No one knows what we were charged for!!! Rent it only if you have no other choice...

It was very close to airport

• Standard Queen Room

Bath room , breakfast should have larger area to accommodate more than two people at a time huge crack in ceiling,Fair price should be US 25.00

3 minutes from airport easy access from I 595 convenient to restaurants .

• Standard Queen Room

The mattress was loud and not too comfy.

It's a budget option near the airport, so works if you need a cheap place to sleep for the night. Don't expect great things, but it's fine.

• Standard Queen Room

Serious water damage in room.......swollen floor boards, lifted linoleum, baseboards damaged. Bathroom door wood was separating and prevented door from opening/closing properly. Room and furniture was very old and tired. The bed wasn't level and therefore wabbled if you moved at all.

the only thing in it's favor was the close proximity to the airport and Port Everglades

• Deluxe Queen Suite

Some parts of the room might need renovating. Also, for the quality of the room, the price was on the high side. The breakfast was just coffee and a granola bar.

This was a last minute booking for us. The receptionist was very welcome and nice. The room was cleaning and had everything we needed.

• Standard Queen Room

Room extremely humid. TV set up incorrectly and unwatchable. Uncomfortable bed. Looks like it was built by a five year old architect. No phones in the room. No employee on the property after 10:00 pm!

• Standard Queen Room

General manager typical Mr.krabs lies and saids its the owner. I am homeless with my daughter staying there 3weeks and he tried to scam me daily no type of fee assistance . Last day of my stay he tried to charge me 120 $ +tax so 140 for that price fountain blu, W, HILTON ,ESA here i come. He tried to milk me dry knowing i was substainsle income.

The staff

• Standard Queen Room

There was duct tape where a door lock once was. The room although clean was a hodge podge of thrown togetherness, molding and baseboards missing, shower was moldy. The windows all unlocked, had we not checked them who knows! And the topper... Billy Idol and The Police band framed artwork 😂

Chris the evening staff was very nice and accompdating

• Standard Queen Room

Not much! The lady behind the desk wasn’t professional at all. The promise was to arrange a shuttle, no shuttle. The room was dirty. Smells horrific. We will never book this hotel anymore.

• Standard Queen Room

I undressed and went to shower just to find out there was no water.So I had to put my clothes back on and go get the attendant who could not figure it out. So she gave me another room. I was not happy at all

• Standard Queen Room

Holes in the wall around AC so can see outside. Holes on the floor. Holes everywhere. Can not sleep - AC is loud as hell, had to switch it off.

Clean. Friendly stuff.

• Standard Queen Room

The parking lot can use a bit more lighting.

This is a really nice, clean, quaint & inviting place. I stayed in a one bedroom apt. with a small modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances, 1 bathroom. The bedroom was clean with a comfortable bed. If you have a vehicle, parking is available. If you don't have a vehicle a car rentals place is around the corner. US 1, is a block away. Close to beaches, airport, cruise lines, and Expressway. It's a very convenient location. I would, without a doubt stay here again! 2 thumbs up

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room

I cant think of anything I didnt like so far..

Everyone was kind and polite the location was perfect, peaceful and calm would definitely go back. The beds were out of this world one of the most clean smelling, snuggling moments of sleep you ever had it was awesome. Convient if you cant climb stairs or walk very far and I could view my car right from the window of my room

• Standard Queen Room

Well for beginners it is surrounded by Carlos is in a very industrial like area, The one positive thing was I was late and a staff person waited until I got there and check me. The room was the last one online. When I arrived it was a beautiful room for the price it was spacious clean so I thought. It also had a refrigerator stove two TVs one in the living room area and one in the bedroom area both TVs were at least 30 inches . But my troubles became quite clear as I lied on the bed and was wondering why I kept rolling towards the middle, but didn't pay any attention to that but was reminded why by a cracking noise. So I slept that night and that morning the bed collapsed . So I mentioned it to him in the morning and they said that they would look at it. Come to find out it could not be fixed at all and they were getting a new bed. So they offered me two different rooms and both were shitty. First off I did not have a refrigerator-stove or living room area like the first unit I was in. I also only had one TV and it was the size of a desk top computer. And the air-conditioning by Bach could not compare to keeping the room cool as the first unit . After being told discussed it with the options that they were offering me I asked if they would just refund me for the one night i had left and I would go home. They said no they could not and I had to choose one of the other two rooms that were nowhere in comparison. at this point I was extremely angry and disgusted with the other two rooms they were offering me. They didn't even offer a discount off of the room or anything for my trouble. I had to put all my close together everything I had and move it into the next room. At this point I was very very very angry and I decided to leave and come home early because I was so angry and did not want to stay in the other room. So even though I had already paid for it and left.

I will below

• Standard Queen Room

There was no shuttle pickup from the airport. But once I got there, everything was good!

I liked the location because it was fairly close to the airport. The facilities are beautiful, I wish I could have spent more time there.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Small motel in industrial area. Nice staff. Not so clean and comfy. Not sure what more to say. Wouldn't stay again. Nope. Site wants too many words on the reviews, I'm not writing a book on travel.

• Standard Queen Room

No Sign! The Lyft driver had a hard time finding the motel even when we were right in front of it. There is no sign in front of the motel. We arrived a 1 AM (10 PM our time) and could not easily find a meal. There was a good place 100 yards away, a brew pub, but it was closed. We found it the next morning. It would be fine if you arrived at a reasonable hour

The location half way from the airport to the port. A $6 Lyft ride for each.

• Standard Queen Room

While it's close to a No1 bus stop, making it accessible from the airport, the buses aren't too frequent late at night.

Fantastic staff, comfy beds, good prices. Great place to stay.

• Standard Queen Room

Hotel needs much work. Owner is not keeping up with maintenance. Our shower had mold, shower head was on with duck tape and there was a 3x3 inch drop in the tile shower floor. I showered with my flip flops on.

Very close to airport and cruise ports. Staff was wonderful. Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Suite

Maid forgot to make up room. She may not have know someone was in it.

Two room suite newly renovated. Very nice. We were probably the first to stay in this room. Location close to airport ,cruise lines, and convention center but in commercial area not tourist.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room

The place is older and has seen better days, but was still clean and comfortable. The location was perfect for getting to my cruise port, but not great for walking to anything.

The staff was wonderful and supper fun. They arranged transport for us to our cruise ship. Even brought out the simple continental breakfast after it closed for us. Would go back just because of them.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Linens seemed dirty. The staff was rude. The room smelled horrible. Bathroom was not somewhere you would shower or take a #2 in. By far the worst I have ever seen in all my travel.

Nothing at all. Plain gross

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Location a little noisy. Located near busy roads. Air conditioning very noisy.

Very friendly, helpful staff. Beautiful clean linen and towels. Good snacks for sale in room. Microwave and fridge too. Very comfortable bed. Located an easy drive from the airport. Wifi. Nice little courtyard.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Old Nasty Mom & Pop hotel. 13" Flat screen TV on large wall, Mold in showers, I'm 200 lbs and had to shoehorn myself onto the toilet with my legs under the falling sink. Closed Windows Blinds offered unparalleled view of occupant in room and let enormous amounts of blinding light in rooms both front and rear windows, even at night (porch lights, business flood lights behind hotel.)

Coffee in room, Refrigerator, Courtyard decor

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Everything.

I paid a hundred and fifthy something dollars for a place that looked scary,the room smelled bad, no garbage can, bed was anything but a real bed and very uncomfortable ..on top of it all a woman was found outside sitting unresponsive and we try to help her until and ambulance came.I don't know if she made it or not.I have paid 59 dollars in much better places for one night.I want to forget the experience of staying there.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room

There were no eggs, fluffy or not! The bed was HORRENDOUS! It was a mattress from a fold-up sofa or bed, VERY old, VERY uncomfortable, with all the springs being felt every time you moved, laid still, or ??? SHAME on them for charging $100+ for a bed like that! Chris was great! The morning team were very nice. They said all the mattresses had been changed to new ones, EXCEPT for our room ( #17), which should not be rented til it is changed!!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room

-very noisy -- right next to highway -very clogged drain in shower -room condition pretty crummy (see photos) - gap in tiles by the front door, hole in the wall under the sink, holes and rust in the shower, gaps surrounding the a/c unit.

Sheets and towels seemed cleaned.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Very expensive for a basic, small room with lots of wear and tear. Close to the airport but still costs $10 each way by uber or taxi. Industrial area with not a lot around.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Parking is very tight and can be challenge later in the evening. It would appear the hotel caters to long term vacationers, snowbirds etc, which is fine but there was no shampoo provided - only a bar of soap. For a day or two stop over this is a small little thing but most inconvenient and a bit of head scratcher (pardon the pun) Given the nightly rate (competitive but not cheap) you would think a bottle or two would be provided. John's Pass is only a 5 minute drive north.. great place but beware of parking rates and the enforcement is less than welcoming. I was 3 minutes late getting back to the car and was presented with a $25 parking fine. Guess they would prefer you go shop at the mall with free parking...

Great location within walking distance to a nice variety of restaurants, bars, grocery and liquor stores. Hotel has a nice pool and access to the beach walkway. Beach is expansive and the gulf views are really great. Clean & comfortable facility.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The bed in our particular room was not good. I don't think it was a real mattress. The carpet was dirty.

The staff was very friendly. They accomadated our large family gathering and helped us get shuttle to the cruise ship

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Hotel is old and shows signs of this -- bath had old "rust" stains and the toilet was loose in its place.

Clean sheets and good location, rooms were cleaned every day

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Couldn't get hold of the receptionist except by phone. The room didn't have much other than a bed. Nowhere to sit. The room, especially the carpet was felty.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The breakfast is very little

The hotel is very close to the air port and to the ships port. Very good for one night stay before a cruise. Megan in the reception was very kind and nice.

Need to buy water

It was close to the airport

• Standard Queen Room

It just wasn't something to write home about.

It was adequate for our need which was to stay one night close to Port Everglades Terminal.

• Standard Queen Room

Breakfast and fix the bathroom

No phone in the room.

Pleasant people, convienent to airport, decent price.

• Standard Queen Room

Was perfect and close to airport

• Standard Queen Room

Advertises free breakfast but only has two options.

Friendly staff. Room small but still very nice.

• Standard Queen Room

It smelled like mold , little flying bugs and small little roaches, bathroom door didn’t close

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel could use a little more maintenance

it was close to the cruise ship gates

• Standard Queen Room

Again, nothing. It looks nice on the internet but the real life it is shocking.

Nothing. The place is a dump.

The Cleaners.

soap, frebreez in the bathroom.

Área near by

Acceso to airport

Internet didn't work.

No blower

Location and that you have a complete kitchen

• Standard Queen Room

The outdated bathroom. And lights that sidnt work over the bed.

The bed was great clean and fluffy

• Standard Queen Room

The room should have been cleaner. Particularly the toilet

Staff was nice and welcoming

• Standard Queen Room

Some of the people staying at the hotel in other rooms were not the best guests.

The water pressure can be better for taking a shower.

Alt

Intet

pool was empty

1. Breakfast is simple.

Location is very close to the airport. Wifi is good. Show water is hot.

Everything was good

Room was very comfortable and check in was great and smooth

• Standard Queen Room

I did not like the entire experience.

Old, no facilities.

Near airport

• Standard Queen Room

Filthy, questionable exposed wiring, bathroom disgusting, shower would not turn off, bed uncomfortable, will never go back.

• Standard Queen Room

Felt like our room had been an office in the past. Photos online felt misleading

Bed was ok