Reviews of Royal Inn 2 stars

4.7

5.1

4.9

It is over with.

The front desk had a mix up in my reservations with 3 rooms. We added another room and it further made it impossible to get it right.

Location of motel.

it was the worst stay ever!!!

everything! when we first got there the window on a first floor wouldn’t lock, my husband had to slam it to even shut right. i had requested a roll away crib for my son so i went and ask and desk clerk laughed at me. when i went to take a shower the water would go from too hot to too cold every 30 seconds or so.. we asked from another pillow and blanket and he told me i had to wait til after 11pm when his boss got there.

we didn’t get robbed

I will not go back.

Seemed like they were trying, but the place just needs to be torn down. It was in total disrepair. It's rampant with rust, mold, peaking paint and loose/fallen boards. Also, it was NOT in a good neighborhood, with many panhandlers and hooded men hanging around. I swear the people next door to us resided there, and were probably drug dealers, with all the people knocking on their door and coming and going. Also, the security lock on my door was broken, as if the door had been kicked in, and it was obviously replaced before. I called the front desk from my cell phone, as there was no telephone in the room, and indicated that my room was not acceptable and I told them I was scared. They said because I had a dog with me, this was the only available room. My dog weighs 11 lbs.

Pet friendly.

Horrible

This property should be condemed.. Its deplorably dirty. Antiquated ammenitys. Although it did have a new toilet. Royal Inn chain evedently does little to no property inspections. Whom ever your regional manager is isnt doing dilligence at this property. This is a severe blemish on Royal Inn’s corporate image. As a result i will never stay at another Royal Inn property.

Mold everywhere in bathroom. The man checking me in took20 minutes to do so and very very rude. He snatched my phone out of my hand when I tried to show him my booking confirmation. I payed cash for 2 nights. There were gun shots going off outside that you could here from your room. The place was very dirty with a bad smell of rotten eggs. I had to Lysol the whole room just to feel a little comfortable. The next day when reaching for the extra roll of toilet paper a used syringe with parafanilia fell out. There was ky on top of TV stand. I took pictures then put it all in bag walked straight to owners and said I'm leaving and I wanted my refund for the night I wouldn't be staying. I had to take it up there because they don't provide phones in the room. As soon as I asked for refund they accused it off being mine and they called cops. Cops knew it wasn't mine and said they couldn't do anything about the refund refusal. That it was civil. The owner even refused to give me a receipt. Worst hotel ever.

Thank goodness we didn't book more days. It's the worst hotel we've ever stayed in

Did not see any amenities like it said. Place was dirty, bed was hard. Sheets and pillow cases rough. Air conditioner was loud ( it kept us awake). Tv did not have sound. Place smelled like marijuana. It was a complete disappointment and waste of our money.

I will look to stay somewhere else when I return.

No breakfast. The owners only gave me and my wife one set of towels per day. Which turned into a heated argument. They told us our company could only stay 30 minutes when we were walking in. They were rude and we found a roach in our room.

The most questionable hotel we ever stayed in.

The Royal Inn was the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in. The staff was rude. Other guests at the hotel were highly questionable. The room was in horrible condition. Needed major maintenance. There was no concern for safety.

Too pricey, to run down

There was an area before you go out the side door that smelled solo musty... Our door was hard to open and close... In need of remodeling... too pricey for how the rooms are...

The rooms were big.

DO NOT STAY HERE

The sheets were dirty, and when I asked for a new one he had to come to my room and check to see if the sheets was actually dirty. Then I asked you think I'm lying he said "yes", air conditioner was was loud , the tv was horrible, they lie and said they have wifi but they really don't.

The bathroom was the only good thing about the room.

Good stay at Royal Inn

When we first walked into the hotel room the stench of the property having been a smoking hotel was clearly evident. We kept the windows open to air out the room and it was okay, or we got used to it. However, there were smoking stains on the walls.

The property was near the Indy 500 racetrack. They let us keep our car parked in their lot even after we checked out. The staff was hospitable.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

The most horrible place on earth...

It was 6 degrees outside, an -8 degrees in the room...the heat didn't work, an the staff was extra rude about me asking to change rooms , an didn't change my room for that matter...

Leaving....checkout!!!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

😬

Their wasn't any deadbolts on outer doors common area rugs were old dirty and smelling plus couldn't get a few channels on tv only thing nice was the lobby they should spend more time on hotel as a whole needs updating

Close to nascar track

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

entire place looked dingy, shortage of pillows and towels,...

entire place looked dingy, shortage of pillows and towels, and over all i wasnt sure if i should let the staff in room because it looked like they didnt bother cleaning between guests

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Disappointed discussed. Can't believe you recommend this place. I won't use your service again!!!

Electrical problems wires twisted to 2 lamps. Lights went out. and didn't care. Dirty gross. Poor service. Smells bad, couch stained an gross.

Nothing . Place was so dirty and gross. Frig frozen

Overall for the money I couldn’t complain and would come again.

Rooms were not cleaned daily

Room rate

Slept good

Small TV and remote didn’t work right.

Small fridge

I will not stay here again

No air, room was dirty

My stay was great.

The Privacy and location...

never stay here

room was disgusting and blood on the bed dirty tampon was still in bed

Nothhing, the staff was very rude and room was filthy

For the price, we would stay elsewhere.:(

Water wasn’t hot and bed was uncomfortable.

Location was good. Front staff was friendly and helpful.

One of the worst hotels to stay in

Rooms need work actually the whole building needs it. It's all old and smelly.

Good location close to everything

Nun

Availabity of rooms

Availabity of rooms

You get what you pay for

Looks dingy even when clean

You get what you pay for

Creepy.

The halls smell like cat urine. The walls and doors are dirty. We didn't feel safe.

Horrible

Dirty, smelly, bad neighborhood.

The management were friendly and helpful.

The price was right.

Old, no pictures/decorations on the wall, tube tv,

Old, no pictures/decorations on the wall, tube tv,

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

I would never stay there again. This is the second hotel that I booked through Booking.com and did

The room smelled like urine. It wasn't clean at all.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Good and relaxing. I will be back

The weather

Everything was good.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Our holiday in Indianapolis

It was very dirty especially in the bath. Some things where even broken. And it smelled very old. I am very sorry but I cannot recommend this.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

not one single thing

This was the most disgusting night of sleep I had to endure in my life, hotel room was rundown like a crack house, the room reeked of cigarets in the morning my close was smelling, and it had no electricity also slept with my clothes on the sheets had stains

not one single thing

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Nothing, but at last minute I changed the length oft stay,...

The hotel is dirty, and had smells, I would not stay there ever again, and would not recommend it

Nothing, but at last minute I changed the length oft stay, and original booking wouldn't allow changes

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

The worst place to be! Please people don't choose this hotel even if that's the last place to stay in radius of 1000 miles..! It is so dirty and smelly! Customer service also is the worst! Honestly I wasn't planning giving a review because I become so mad even thinking of that place but I just got home and I noticed all my back is being bite by fleas !!!!!!! I can't believe I stayed there even after I saw how bad it was...it was busy weekend in Indianapolis because of the Motogp so I don't have any other choice... I'm really speechless about how desalinated I am

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

Rooms were not clean.

Rooms were not clean. They smelled unclean. Front desk overcharged us even though we had a confirmation showing our price. Rooms were not even remotely close to each other. They were separate buildings. It was not in a good part of town. No reviews online showed any of this and it was very disappointing. We will not be coming back.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2015

Would not give us any bath towels.

Would not give us any bath towels. The smelled like a wet dog,we had to go get air fresher. The air conditioning did not work on cold. And no screen in the window.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

-Freundliches Personal

-Bad sehr dreckig, abgenutzte Dusche -nur 1 Handtuch -zimmer hat eklig gestunken -Lampen haben nicht funktioniert

-Freundliches Personal -Supermarkt und Tankstellen vor der Tür -nahe Autobahn

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

I had reserved two queen beds, but the room had only one bed. After complaining for 10 minutes, "the manager" came (Guys wife) reiterated the same thing. I asked for two rooms then and lo and behold, they fave us a room with two beds.

Nothing. It was an embarrassing, dirty establishment.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

NOTHING!

IT smelled awful,,,the furniture was old,,,the sofa and chair were badly stained that you would not want to sit on the furniture,,,the walls had white powder on it,,,I guess that was for bugs..The back side of the Hotel looked like it was being rented out to the homeless and was dirty and the tarp that is still over the pool looks like it had been there for several years and was riped. I had to spend most of my time away from the hotel because I did not want to be in such a smelly place (smelled like cigs throughout) but since it was the Final Four NCAA weekend there were no other hotels available....also some of the photos online are not this locations and they should be removed from the booking companies. I'm sure many people that book here are surpised (angry) when they get inside.

NOTHING!!!!!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

Security latch on inside of door had been ripped off the...

Security latch on inside of door had been ripped off the door frame. Toilet leaked when flushed. Did not receive maid service. No continental breakfast. No Wifi. Hotel is on the bad side of town.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2015

I liked the locked door and rockhard bed.

Wifi can only be used in the lobby, however no where on the website does it say this. The whole hotel is dilapidated, hasn't been renovated in at least 20 years. Owners are Indian and speak in Indian about you throughout the stay, won't address you until you stand at the front desk for a minute then ask, "what do you want". I wouldn't take a shower there, the bathtubs and toilets were both brown and dirty. I woke up throughout the night wondering if I had bedbugs. I got approached in the parking lot by a man asking for drugs. I don't recommend it to anyone who isn't an alcoholic or a prostitute.

I liked the locked door and rockhard bed. If not for this hotel, we wouldn't have had anywhere else to stay.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

Position about Indy circuit

Staff

Position about Indy circuit

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

The room had a mouse in it.

The room had a mouse in it.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

Nothing at all

Very bad customer service took all day to get towels n trash empty n light didn't work no wifi in rooms

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

Staff was nice.

Mildew smell when you walk into the building.

Staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Location was good

Facilities much less than advertised. Noisy late night guests.

Location was good

• Reviewed: 3 June 2015

I didn't have to sleep in my car

Everything. Hideous. Never again

I didn't have to sleep in my car

• Reviewed: 29 April 2015

Location was good.

Coffee pot but no coffee even after asking. advertised microwave in every room, not ours.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

The part when we left

Everything was run down. No hot water and the toilet didn't even work

The part when we left

There are also 22 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.