Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn in Murfreesboro 2 stars

6.1

5.7

5.9

• King Suite

the room was quite bland. no table lamp no clock. bed was very very poor, when I was booking the room online it showed a king suite with a sofa couch and that is what I thought I was getting. When I called about the room the lady told me that was not what I was getting so she changed the room to two double beds which the mattersss were horrible and the room had a bad odor.

the linens.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

The room was filthy, shoes and socks, charm bracelet from the last person. Hand prints on the mirror, dark splatters on the wall, fridge, microwave, mirror. I had to fix the toilet handle. Toilet paper holder comes out of the wall. Bathroom door not on both hinges. Shower mat underside was covered in black mold. Tv remote was greasy and didn't work most of the time. We bought cleaning supplies and then cleaned the room ourselves.

You could smoke in the room, and there was a Jacuzzi tub.

• King Suite

The staff surely didn’t know what a “do not disturb” sign was. Every morning at 10:30 they were rudely banging on the door, we would not have minded them coming in to change the sheets if we hadn’t had our dog with us who they were seemly terrified of. She was only 25 pounds. When we asked for new towels at the front desk we were told we needed to bring our old ones to the front desk first before we could get fresh towels. We were only there to sleep and shower so it didn’t bother us much but in our room their were deep holes in the ceiling as if it had been shot at or it was falling through, no attempt at patching it was obvious. My fiancée and I are both 5’4” and the shower-head in the bathroom literally touched our heads, which was ridiculous and made it terribly uncomfortable to take a shower. There were only two drawers in the room to store anything and the door on the mini-fridge was basically falling off. We go to Murfreesboro quite often and this will not be the place we stay next time.

The location was amazing! It’s on a main road that is seconds from the interstate and good food at each corner. The bed was crazy comfortable and they gave you as many pillows as you wanted. They have a policy of “oops! i forgot it at home!”, so if you forget toothpaste or a razor they give it to you free of charge. The breakfast is 6:30-9:30 and if you get there between 6:30-7:30 you’ll be able to get some fresh crispy bacon and warm waffles, but any later than 7:30 and you are stuck eating packaged muffins and cereal.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smelled like a smoking room from a VFW that hasn't been cleaned in 10 yrs, towels looked used and rehung up. Beds had cigarette burns all in them and sheets like a motel by the hour.

The fact that the room was not secure and the furniture was falling apart

The dresser drawers feel apart and the chair was falling apart. The night lock for the door almost fell off in my hand.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

The staff was exhalant would go out of their way to accommodate what you needed form an extra towel, coffee, even an 2nd chair for the room, Really really nice folks, will stay their again next trip. oh ya great restaurant right next a little pricey but was worth it just for convince of being able to walk maybe 20 yards and be at the door awesome,

• King Suite with Spa Bath

Cleanliness was extremely poor, requested the Jacuzzi room, hair on drain, moved to another room, had to take all hair and crud from tub drain for water to go down. And of course, you don't expect this things so not until you are already taking a shower and water is up to your ankles. Horrible and disgusting experience. I did this to show that it only takes a pick or tweezers to keep hair out of the drain. I do it at home and I'm not disgusted since is my own hair and I know what goes down the drain but having to do it at a hotel to keep my husband who is a transplant patient from getting sick is disgusting. There was mold building up on bathroom ceiling. Since it was just one night stay, we decided to rest, pack and go. Management did adjust the price.since I refused to use the jacuzzi and was apologetic, He advised that cleaning staff does not want to do their job and that he has to constantly fire and hire 🤔 sorry for the graphic picture but be aware specially if you want to soak in a bathtub or jacizzi after hours of driving or for leisure.

The bathroom tile needs some serious caulking. Mgmt refused to grant me a late checkout due to my business meetings.

Comfy room; convenient location.

The facility needs up dating and repairs. Staff were not to friendly or accommodating. They had the attitude of "it is what it is" The continental breakfast was the bare minimum.

The ease of booking while driving.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The orange and apple juice were too strong it's like they came out of a box of concetrate that should have been diluted? There was no water available. Something was wrong with the waffle mix it tasted terrible, by the time we arrived at 8:00 there were only 3 pastries available.

Bed super comfy! Felt safe. Room was clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just mentioned it in question above

Needs repairs, noisy road traffic and can hear babies crying in room next to us and when. People are outside they are load.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

Head board wasn't connected to the bed it was exhaust cover missing out of bathroom with no fan so it was jus an hole in the wall. No ice machine. Trash down side the head of bed where head board should have been connected

The spa tub

The sheets and covers were dirty, there was only one sheet the staff could find clean so I had to use that to cover the mattress and i froze all night because I didn't have anything to cover me. I think the staff should've offered another room instead because of that.

Location and pricing

The towels are rough, so you may want to bring your own. There are no irons in the rooms. Also, there was a man who tried to come in (used a key and everything) at around 8:30am which is nowhere near check out time. Luckily I kept the latch on the door. Not really sure who it was.

The property was clean and easy to get to: right off the highway.

• King Suite

Beds were uncomfortable. Waffle iron didn't cook things fully. Staff was impersonal.

Breakfast was okay, but overall I was left wanting more out of our stay.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

Bed bugs, phone cord cut in room, lights inside the room didn’t work correctly, spa tub was very out dated and the carpet stayed soaking work. Way too expensive for the money.

the floor was dirty / bathroom wall and ceiling need to be repaired/

If you like waffles or toast breakfast would be great because that was all there was Coffee was good

Breakfast was terrible unless you like cold cereal or a waffle or an apple. That's it. No coffee ready. I do t expect perfection for the price but the place needs a renovation.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I don't know how this calculated an overall 3.3 rating for the answers I gave because if I could give it a zero I would! Beds are uncomfortable, sheets and bedding ripped up and/or stained. And there were cockroaches in my room!

The whole experience was awful. The manager basically kicked us out of our room because he overbooked himself and was extremely rude.

Nothing. The staff was trash.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Besides being in severe need of an update, this hotel rents rooms by the week which means there are some undesirable characters lurking around.

Breakfast buffet was good, rooms were clean, staff was super friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Management were thieves.. Charged us for smoking in room when we didnt. The whole facility smelled of smoke. Numerous neighbors smoked. Have a feeling lots of people were charged for smoking when everyone smoked outside

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room, bathroom, coffee pot, phone, AC, fridge

Breakfast was very good, phone did not work, coffee pot was dirty and broken, bathroom was old and worn out but clean, AC had a on/off knob missing, fridge had one of the shelf support broken

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool had been painted, when sitting on steps and side of pool the paint got on the bottom of my bathing suit, and two of my grandsons. Was disappointed as was the first days of my vacation.

Convenience to freeway

• King Suite

Front desk staff- I called to see if we could check in a hour and a half early, they said no problem. When we arrived they said none of the rooms were ready yet and said it would be an hour. An hour later the other lady acted out out. She gave us room keys, we had to wait 10 min because they were still cleaning the room. When we went in, it was a smoking room, horrible, they gave us another room, which was non smoking and much better. At that time it was 2, check in time. So much for yes to early check in.

The bed was comfortable

• King Suite

No iron in room. Shower made for very short people. Couldn't even find a pen in the room. Sink and tub drain had visible build up of hair. Cable kept going out

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• King Suite with Spa Bath

Very unorganized and poor service. Was overbooked when I arrived and made me late for the event. Also charged $20 more than stated. Rude housekeeping.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The towels looked like they had not been washed, there were strange stains on one of the beds, the door that connected to another room didn't lock well

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was shabby. The toilet paper holder was broken so the paper sat on the floor. The light over one bed was broken & the staff acknowledged that they knew that!

It was convenient & cheap

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• King Suite

The staff was unfriendly. Would not give extra towels to a friend visiting while I was in the shower, wanted me to come to the desk to get extra towels in person. No thank you upon check out, just myself saying thanks.

The room is good size.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

They gave me some trouble with our dog but they are a pet friendly place. The hot water was out for 2 days. If u don't get towels when room service comes they want to question you and give you a hard time getting some at the front counter.

Beds and pillows were pretty comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• King Suite with Spa Bath

Discrepancy in initial charge and hold placed on card. Got no clear reason for difference. At the end of our stay they did correct the error. We had rented a spa tub suite. The room was the same size as a standard room with spa tub added in. Left a very small area for movement and difficulty in regulating the room temp. Also there was debris from previous renters in the jets of the spa that required cleaning by us before we could use the spa.

Nice location. Plenty of restaurants and stores nearby.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• King Suite with Spa Bath

Sheets were stained and ripped. Jacuzzi tub looked dirty so we didn't use it. Had to ask for clean towels several times.

Location was convenient to all the places we wanted to visit. Staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Saturday at 10-10:15 a.m. housekeeping/management was already telling us we had to check out. The sheets in our room had burn holes and were stained. The shower backed up and drained very slow.

The employee that checked us in was great. He was very nice and professional. We were told that check out would be at 11 a.m. on Saturday.

The room was nasty the staff was rude and did not seem to care. People walking around with ankle bracelets druggies hanging out everywhere.

Nothing. Worst hotel experience I've ever had

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was sometimes difficult to understand, asked the same questions multiple times, couldn't read a drivers license correctly, didn't appear to listen to anything I said. Bathroom was very small. - toilet would rock back and forth when you sat down. Shower head wasn't high enough up for myself my husband or my cousin who range in height from 5'8" to 6'4". Air conditioner barely kept the room cool at 60° and full blast.. Which didn't seem like full blast.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

The room was poorly kept and needs remodeling. Door was held together with duck tape. Cracks in the floor. Railing going up the stairs was loose fall hazard.

Sheets clean room clean. Good location.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room didn't have the air conditioning on when we got there and it was unbearable. It took hours to cool off. There was not enough blankets. The shampoo in the little packets was hard to open. There was not enough variety for breakfast.

The location was convenient and the price was affordable.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

You have to pay for your expected stay before you stay, before you even see the trashy rooms and there is absolutely no refunds; not even if you do not need to stay the entire duration you were required to pay for up front. The room was run down, ragged and not very cleanly. The bathroom was clean but, incredibly small; the tub and toilet extremely close and very very short. The old mini fridge only had two settings, Warm or Frozen.The old microwave sounded like it might blow and the ice bucket had grease stains on it. It was loud and not well maintained. An expensive dump. Our room was next to the pool, the person in the room next to ours ran an extension cord out of his room to the pool so he could turn his radio wide open and drink his whiskey. The more he drank, the louder he became; management did not seem concerned. The furniture chairs in the room were too dirty and grimy to use. Packing to leave I kicked a blood sugar pen out from under the bed. We would never stay at this hotel again.

The pool was clean. The bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• King Suite

The AC didn't work well. The room was stuffy and warm. Booked online with a request for 1st floor. Clerk said none were available when we checked in. I am not sure that was true.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air conditioner was barely working but they did try to make it better with a fan.

The staff was very accommodating. They were friendly as well. Our over all stay was not bad.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Gross, disgusting, hair in bathroom, toilet not clean, dust, cigarette butts on floor, door locks not safe/attached. Sheets dirty, lamp stuck to dresser due to dirt/dust. Mattresses in hallway.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• King Suite

Diagnosis with scabies from the bed. Many mattresses on the outside of stairwell should have been the indicator not to stay along with 3 police cars going through the parking lot, the first night. Will never stay again and make sure others know my experience.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel allows pets and I think that may have been what the stains were on the carpet in our rooms. The mold on the overhang from the air conditioners need to be cleaned better too. This is a $40 hotel, not an $80+ hotel. We even stayed during the week which should've brought the rate down even more.

The continental breakfast was what most hotels have. The equipment was gross. The juice machines looked like they had never been cleaned on the outside. I can only imagine what the inside looked like. My daughter had apple juice but didn't drink it because there was something sitting in the bottom of her glass. EWWW. They need to do a good deep cleaning of the entire hotel. I also think they have some kind of weekly rate because it looked like there were quite a few people living at the hotel and those folks appeared to be just a step shy of homeless.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very rude staff. Run down hotel. Beds were small and uncomfortable. Based on this hotel, I will never stay at another Americas Best Value Inn.

nothing.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had to pay $91 for a hotel room I would not pay $20 for. This property smells like a locker room, is filthy and is the reigning winner of worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Please do not support this hotel on your website.

Everything was great!

The quietness, staff were friendly and helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

TV does not working and air turning wheel broke

cleanliness and less smell, quiet

The room was dirty

The staff

• King Suite with Spa Bath

Our tv wouldn’t change channels.

Everything was great. The room was clean and everything was well maintenance.

This was the poorest air quality in room . Pure stink. Very bad smelling. Could not wait to check out

It was near freeway

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was across the street from a truck stop so the traffic was loud

The shower was fabulous and the staff was very nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No indoor pool and the police knocking at my door for absolutely no reason

More breakfast options would be nice.

• King Suite

Clean bed comfortable staff great. Would like discount on weekly stay tho.

NOTHING

The friendly staff

The noise

The jacuzzi

The lay out of the room was great. Overall one of the best rooms my wife and I have stayed.

The water pressure in the shower was a little low

Bed was comfortable and the hvac unit was quiet.

Close to everything

House keeping didn't do a good job and had 20.00 missing from the room

It was near family that I was visiting

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room could have been cleaner. There was an unusual stain on the sheets. The bathroom smelled like pee.

Easy to find, parking close to the room.

Very outdated, ceiling falling

• King Suite with Spa Bath

Great staff , location and accommodations

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Can't really think of anything

it was a nice comfortable stay.

Dirty and falling apart

Nothing was falling apart and not clean

The bed wasnt comfortable, holes in the sheets, and no remote for the tv

That the room was on bottom level

• King Suite

Strange people hanging around.

Staff was friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

not clean.. dirty and stained towels, bedding, floors, and shower stall..

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness. The room had been recently smoked in, although we booked non-smoking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff friendly especially the cleaning

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were hard the bathroom was dirty especially the bathtub other than the things I mentioned it was a place to lay my weary body

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were drug deals going on and just generally very sketchy things. My sister got pink eye from how unclean it was.

Check in and check out was easy

Browse Americas Best Value Inn in Murfreesboro traveller photo gallery