Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn - Mountain View 2 stars

1012 West El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040, USA

#18 of 21 hotels in Mountain View

The breakfast area was in the tiny lobby. I didn't eat there since every morning I left very early to avoid traffic.

The room was clean. The caulk around the tub could get done.

I didn't like that the phone to my room did not work. When I told the individual at the front desk that the phone did not work. I explained that the transfer never took place. The phone kept disconnecting my call. The person at the front desk told me that the person may not be in the room. I kept telling this person ( in frustration) that there is something wrong with the phone lines because the phone kept hanging up. it never rang. The same individual kept telling me that , the person may not be in the room. Still not answering my concerns about the phone issue. The other issue is that the toilet over flooded in the room. There was no plunger to unclog the toilet. So we asked housekeeping and the ladies told me that the front desk has it. Went to front desk just to be told that housekeeping has it. Long story short! I had to fix the clogged toilet myself. No one from housekeeping or the front desk followed up to see if the issue had been resolved. Not a good experience at all!!!

The room was nice. The bed was very comfortable.

Room was dirty and I didn't even have to look under the bed. TV and Alarm clock were not working. It was extremely noisy from the outside. I couldn't sleep with AC on, as it made some extra noise.

Close to Castro street.

Place is a dump. Save your money and stay somewhere else. The staff is rude, the rooms are dirty, the sheets are ripped, the floor was sticky, and the wifi was a joke.

Taco Bell was next door.

No locks or screens on windows of ground level rooms. Vending machine was completely empty- for a long period of time, I'm sure. My bed had a huge dip in the middle forcing me to sleep on my back.

Mini fridge in room. Continental breakfast.

The toilets got clogged on the first night and the clerk actually tried to lecture me about how to use toilet paper. Luckily I managed to convince him to use the plunger to resolve this (they wouldn't change room). Amazing! The hot water stream was fluctuating and every shower was very frustrating. The wifi worked only intermittently and even when it worked it was blocking some communication (ssh) so I couldn't work from the hotel.

Following were negatives: No tea in the room, only coffee No heat in the bathroom Radio clock was not working At breakfast the coffee machine and juice machines were out of order No notepad or pen in the room Wifi was very poor and had to logon everytime you used the PDA Based on above Will never recommend a America"s Best Value Inn to anyone

location was the only plus.

When I was checking in the woman working at the time was talking on her cell phone the entire time and hardly ever acknowledged me. SO RUDE! Also, parking lot was all muddy gravel. We assumed that they were in the process of repaving but don't know since the property management never talked to us. Out shoes got covered in mud that we ended up tracking into our room. Continental breakfast was a joke...some white bread and svenharts pastries. When I went to check out there was a man working. I was hoping he'd be more friendly but nope, he didnt say a word to me.

Demolition of asphalt parking lot while occupied. 2days of noise, dust, debris to manuever around. Maid service didn't show up until after 5 pm. Way too expensive - but it's Mt. View!

Overpriced for what you get. TV signal needs to be re-booted on occasion, no real breakfast and you feel like you are disturbing the family that runs the motel.

The bathroom was dirty. And vending machines

The desk clerk was very rude...I asked for towels and he didn't give anymore. At about 3am people outside screaming and yelling and loud. I tried calling front desk didn't answer the phone. People didn't stop til 5am.

Strange bathroom layout (sink/vanity at entrance of room with no defining space; shower/tub and toilet opposite of sink area in room behind separate door - just weird since I usually get ready in private, but was all in the open). Staff isn't the most friendly or cordial, but they weren't exactly rude either.

Bed was comfy. Outside noise was minimal, if at all. A/C worked wonderfully. Clean carpets, sheets, towels, furniture, etc. Fold out bed/couch was a nice, unexpected touch. Location was close to grab snacks/drinks for the night. Parking is well lit and tidy. The price is fantastic.

Managers lost our reservation and consequently she had to find us another room. It took a while to straighten it out. I live in Mountain View and booked the room for my daughter.

The reception area is not welcoming, the soda machine was empty of the kind of soda i was looking for, the view from the window.... it did the job fine, but wasn't anything to get too excited about.

I was doing some work at Google and it was close by.

The bathrooms were dated and poor, reception area poor, breakfast included but just cereals etc in the reception area, the exterior of the build in in need of repainting

The room were serviced daily cleaned to a good standard and fresh linen , towels supplied and the rooms generally comfortable

The price,it has nothing to do with the hotel but the location of the hotel. The mountin view area is a more expensive area then surrounding parts. A consumer is going to pay more to be closer to the business or job that is in the area.

First, at checkin, he told us that the 1 night rental was for 3 nights and we had to call bookings.com to get them to change it or our credit card would be charged for all three nights. My email confirmation said one night and the bookings.com rep said the reservation was for 1 night. Fortunately, Bookings.com was great at straightening out the reservation. Second, we couldn't find the room because there was no room number outside the door of this unit only. The unit smelled musty (my wife) or perfumey covering musty (myself). Once it got dark we realized that the very bright light outside for parking came in around the door and drapes leaving the room too bright for sleeping. Third, the room was essentially in the parking area and since the door had no weatherstripping to keep out the light, every car driving through or person talking in the parking area came right into the room making it even more difficult to sleep. There was a bathtub, not just a shower so that's a plus, and it looks like they stopped remodeling the room when it was about 85% done so that they could rent it out. If they every finish it, that would make the room about 10% better.

Not much. Parking was close to the room

NOTHING!! The owners are not Americans don't quite understand American English. Gave me a very difficult time over my service dog because they are afraid of dogs. They allowed a large truck to use the only handicapped spot and I have a placard and needed it. They were angry about my telling them to move the truck that it is illegal for him to be in the spot. They also advertise breakfast but they have nothing to offer besides stale bread and cereal!!

Nothing except the maid was very very nice!

Parking could of been better loud air conditioning that keeps you up all night. Empty boxes all over the place from them Remodeling I guess .and false advertisement If there site and breakfast or contintal breakfast There were reall no options except old fruit stale cookies. And not to friendly front desk Check in.

Not to much to like ok for a last minute stay Did not add up to there averting of free Breakfast unless you wanted old fruit Old cheep cookies at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Breakfast was a bit bare minimum - just some prepackaged cakes, a microwave to heat them with and then coffee and orange juice. The bathroom light bulb in my room was shot, I told reception on my first morning there and they said they'd check. As far as I can tell, nothing was done about it (I didn't chase this because I tend to shower in the morning so I wasn't too bothered by it). A bit expensive for what it is, but I guess that's Mountain View for you.

Great location near the main street in Mountain View. Lots of shops, restaurants and bar nearby. Nice and spacious room with air-con, friendly staff. Coffee machine in the room, with new coffee bags every day (I've come to expect that in most hotels you get a fixed amount of coffee for your whole stay!). Clarke's burgers on the opposite side of the road is an excellent place where to eat.

The location was close to where we wanted to be. We just needed a place to sleep as we were meeting old friends at the country club we used to belong to for a couples golf tournament. We played in the tournament, had dinner after and then drove to the motel. Nice enough accomodations for one night. They are remodeling and so there is a lot of construction materials in their parking lot. All in all it was find.

Parking was limited. If the hotel is full guests will have trouble finding parking on site.

They are redecorating and remodeling the rooms a bit. The rooms look very nice and classy inside.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The bed was comfortable. The whole place was very tired looking. Especially the common areas. The room was ok but I guess you get what you pay for. I was pretty happy to leave. The place just sort of sucked the life out of me. Could have been the jet lag I suppose.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

For the first day, I was given a room with a broken toilet. For the second day, I was given a room with a broken television. Good thing I was very tired, and didn't mind not being able to watch the super bowl game.

The room was well kept and clean.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

The breakfast is a joke, this hotel should be removed from the "Breakfast included" list. I read in another review about strong curry smell at the reception, I experience the same. the breakfast is served in the reception which itself is very tiny place

The location is a huge plus. The Caltrain station is near, bus stop is right outside. So I could get to any place I wanted without any problem. The room was spacious with decent amenities. The person at reception was very helpful

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Told them that my flight gets in at 06:00 and asked for early check-in but they did not respond. Came in early on the day of check-in and asked again - they told me it will be another hour and asked for an extra 25$. Nothing terrible but they could have handled it better.

Great Wi-Fi. Cable TV. Great location . Good price. Staff was helpful and attentive. No noise. Clean.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The bathroom light didn't work. Called the front desk and he said he'll be right up to fix it. Never came. Couldn't see in the mirror to get ready. Later that night still not fixed. Paid for two rooms then came back to the hotel after a concert at the Shoreline, no parking spaces available. Had to park on the street.Wth? Really? Breakfast included? Corn flakes, Danish rolls, coffee and juice. Lame.. Never going back...

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The office did not have posted hours of operation and was not open at 7:30 a.m. for coffee and pastries when I was there, as I later learned. Pillows were hard.

Clean new carpet and bathroom tile flooring plus an accurate wall thermostat.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

As above

The breakfast was awful. Just provided handful of pastries which ran out very quickly. I would not rely on this as a meal to satisfy you until lunch. Very poor

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

I don't know how else to say it - the items offered for the complimentary breakfast were awful, including the reconstituted, instant coffee with dry powder creamer.

Excellent location, comfortable bed, clean room, pleasant staff, near bus stops, and within reasonable walking distance to light rail and CalTrain.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

WiFi was hopeless. This in the middle of Silicone Valley! Had to get the manager to fix the TV settings so that it connected to the satellite feed. The radio/clock didn't work -- unconnected wires sticking out the back of it.

Within walking distance of dowtown Mountain View.

Great location ! The bed Very confortable. Only one observation the office had a very strong if curry odor and this should be free the special the office .

Needs exterior updated

There was a very bright security light right outside my room which kept me awake

Good value for the money

Bathroom floor dirty

Quiet comfortable bed

Horrible WiFi Asked for late checkout—an additional $40 for two hours, seems too high Maxwell coffee :(

Room clean, better than expected

After 11pm some people talking loud and making noise for a while.

Some what out of the way but close to everything in down town.

Price is too high for the quality of room, so so breakfast, no access to printer

WiFi, quiet, maid service is good

An additional pillow and option of "fan" only.

Large room! Pillow top matress was very comfortable.

The sign at the front said open but no one was at the fronts desk

I've stayed here many times. It's a really nice place in the heart of Silicon Valley. Budget friendly and great value.

no breakfast

Bathroom / shower was small, dingy and made me not want to use it.

Room was big, bed comfy

Mold in bath tub, no smoke detector, parking lot construction

I didnt like there were no cups for coffeen water.

I am from palo alto. .it was away but not far.

The staff at checkin stared at me and I had to pretend I didn't notice it

Location, room was spacious

Close to downtown Mountain View and public transport (Bus, VTA, Caltrain)

looked different on line

Clean, convenient location and great value for money in Mountain View.

Noise off street, parking lot very limited, breakfast-poor, plug ins in room-poor.

Resting

The rooms are very small,no to much space to walk.

The bed was very confort my only suggestion is to put more pillows. ☺

Our room was big and clean and quiet. We just needed a place to sleep for the night.

room very basic drab

the television was good

Is a motel

TV Channels weren't that great

Furniture

nice place close to lots of stuff

Water pressure was poor

The room was very welcoming

Wifi

Everything was great, except WiFi that didn't work at all in the last 2 days. Other than that, great place

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

spider and bug bites all over my body the next day !! Terrible

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Property was shabby and noisy. Tons of late night overhead noise. Barely enough hot water.

Convenience

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

No elevator or pool

It was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Beds

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Place is not clean, bad smell in bathroom, Will never come back

Location was close to my work

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The room every day stink of smoke... maybe cleaning staff should not enjoy smoking while on the job?

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

TV didn't work. Hard to control the temperature of the room. Minimal breakfast.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

I particularly liked the bed. It was the most comfortable bed I have slept in since leaving home. The bed covers and cushions were fresh and modern.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

No power, no lamp (or even switch) near the bed.

Good place for good price. Castro street (downtown) is walking distance.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

the door lock was a bit of mystery and the wall heater required staff intervention.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

I will never book this hotel any more!

Beds are old. Little dusty. But other then that super clean.

Staff was nice. Location was amazing for food and cute shops.

Remote controller wasn't working

Everything was good except the TV controller didn't work. In case your wondering what room it was #118

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Wifi never worked. It was very loud from the staff having friends visiting and the laundry service ruined my nursing scrubs

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Great location in a busy town, clean and quiet although it is located on a busy street. We would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

wifi

The kindness of the staff