Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Granada Hills-Los Angeles 2 stars

15543 Rinaldi Street, Granada Hills, CA 91344, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Granada Hills

Overall great!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room we had was nice,clean,safe and great area. Close to the freeway,gas stations. It was only 30 min drive to Santa Monica beach and 15 min away from six flags. Great location.

Good customer service, but too noisy with paper thin walls!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Paper thin walls! Could hear everything!! The cars outside, guests walking by outside, the people walking above us, the people in the room next to us talking and watching TV. I did not sleep at all due to how noisy it was all evening.

Nice staff- good customer service. Whatever I asked for they did their best in accommodating. Good decorations. Appreciated the modern style.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It really needs an upgrade.
    • Standard Queen Room

I did not like the room. The room was old and dark. The pictures shown on the website were disillusioning (and I am being kind). There was mold in the bathroom. The bathroom towels were old. The frig and the microwave did not work. The room was dark, only one lamp. The window treatments were old and the air conditioning was old. The tv was new but did not look like it was secured properly and the remote did not work properly. I do appreciate the staff, he personally changed the frig and microwave.

The only thing I liked was the fact it is close to the freeway. The staff was friendly.

The rooms were spacious and clean.
    • Standard King Room

Within two days of staying at this hotel, I experienced fraud on my Credit card. After I paid, the front desk asked for my card back and took down my number. The day after I check out I got a charge on my card from A city I’ve never been to. NO ONE ELSE HAS HAD ACCESS TO MY CARD BUT THIS PLACE! BE CAREFUL!

The rooms were spacious and clean. There is a refrigerator and microwave.

Travel
    • Standard Queen Room

I just didn't like how its located on a busy street. The morning commuters were hard to miss.

Love the staff they're friendly and the rooms are comfortable as well as very clean I feel at home.

Lame, loud and bright. It’s right next to the freeway
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff. Very unprofessional. They seem to take advantage of the “cash deposit” they pocketed “60$” for no reason. Supervisor nowhere to be found. Never staying there again!

I liked the room

There wasn't much tp like.
    • Standard Queen Room

The toilet was not clean. The wall Heater/AC was dirty and extremely noisey. The parking was very difficult. The total experience was difficult for us, but we had been on the road so long to get there we did not have the energy to go elsewhere. So we had no choice but to stay.

There wasn't much tp like.

Standard motel with friendly staff. Good for a couple nights stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

My room was quite small. Also, there were a couple maintenance items that I reported -- a loose curtain rod and loose toilet seat.

Staff was friendly and helpful. This building has been around a long time. Some things have been updated like the bed, TV, dresser and chair. But other things are showing their age like the bathroom cabinet and shower.

The above happy/sad object does not seem to function correctly: 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 3.
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast wasn't much, poor coffee, sweets.

Room was decent, clean. Clean is what I most expect. Could use a couple more trash containers. Price was good for the area.

Unlikely to return
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was very small. Bathroom towels very dirty the towels for my dogs look better, water pressure very poor. My friends booked the same hotel at a cheaper rate and had a larger and cleaner room than I did

The one and only thing that was amazing was the hair dryer.
    • Standard King Room

I'm not sure where to begin. As we were checking in I had asked the woman if we could have a ground floor do to my mother having medical conditions that prevent her from being able to climb stairs. She acting like it was an inconvince for her to do that. When we got to our room it smelled of smoke even though there are no smoking signs on the door and in the room. There were stains on the carpet in front of the bed and the desk. Only one garbage can that was maybe a gal. can. We had 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, and a bath mat that was coming apart and the ends and had stains. NO wash cloths. The towels were old, thin, hard, and had stains. The second day the house keeper left 2 wash cloths. The shower would have been great if I was 5 foot tall. I felt like I was trying to limbo to get under it. Only one little thin bar of soap left in the bathroom that I was not able to get a lather from and it made my skin so dry. There was no Kleenex in the room at all. When housekeeping came the second day they didn't even take the garbage and the little can was already full. Not sure where we were supposed to put our luggage. There was so much furniture in the room there was nowhere to set up the luggage rack except behind the door. I was very disappointed in this hotel I spent $250 and thought I was getting a nice hotel room. I could have spent half the money and got a room nicer.

The one and only thing that was amazing was the hair dryer.

Great stay near Granada Hills! close to Six flags
    • Standard King Room

It is quite far, but then - anything is far in LA so this wasn't a big deal for us, considering the good value for money

I liked that they let us stay a little later then the default check out time They fixed our toilet issue promptly and proffesionally air conditioner was loud but worked perfect great value for money

Horrible and uncomfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room

I was harassed by management as soon as I check into the room. Very little privacy. Not anything near what the reviews online mention. It didn't exceed my expectations. Rude front desk!

I didn't like anything there. From the room and the staff itself.

Good motel for the business traveler
    • Standard King Room

I wish the pool had been bigger!

The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The location was good as it was near the freeway. The staff were especially kind and helpful.

Not what I expected. Pretty upset.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room carpeting, air conditioners, plumbing and restroom need updating, toilet sounded like water kept running. Air conditioners were severely out dated and filthy. Cable tv had issues changing through the channels. Parking is an issue if hotel is fully booked, very minimal spots available.

Location was close to where we needed to be.
    • Standard King Room

Bed was soft and lumpy. No Kleenex. Had to ask for more toilet paper. TV remote did work when more that 5 feet from the TV. Coffee was terrible. No fruit with the breakfast pastries.

Location was close to where we needed to be.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

The location was the main reason we stayed there, we had a...
    • Standard Queen Room

Lack of Safety. When we were leaving the floor outside our room (Room 226) was wet and there were no warning signs hence my husband slipped twisted his ankle and scrapped his knee. When he told the front desk all they said was "Sorry"!!! Won't be going back.

The location was the main reason we stayed there, we had a funeral at the cemetery across the street.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Parking is a little troublesome.
    • Standard King Room

Parking is a little troublesome.. Mostlydue to the other vistors parking unproperly...maybe have customers sign some type of waiver stating that we should be courteous of others and park correctly so that all the customers will have space to park

It was decent, nothing special.
    • Standard Queen Room

Didn't like that the ice machine was broken and that some towels had very light stains on them;they also felt rough. I would bring my own next time.

I liked that the room came with flat screen t.v., microwave, and refridgerator.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

This was a last minute decision to stay here. It was convienant. Would probably not stay here again
    • Standard King Room

Thread bare towels that were dingy looking and had large spots where the fabric could be seen through. The door, there was a large gap between the door edge and door frame. I could see a disturbing amount of light around the entire door. The only thing that touched the door to the door frame was the deadbolt. Very disturbing. There was water on the floor that was puddled between the tub and toilet.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Find a different place to stay!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Extra small thin bath towels. Unsolicited phone call from hotel office at 5:20am. Walls are paper thin and the people Nextdoor had a two hour loud conversation in their room after a car alarm was set off at 3:10am. Right next to freeway. The noise was sooooo LOUD!!! Price was high $144 per night. Not worth it.

Room was big.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

They were very kind.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They were very kind. I loved it because the colors were very nice. The rooms had high ceilings. The Bathroom was clean. Very simple rooms but all I needed for a room.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Great place to stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Mattress was a little too soft. Water pipes from other rooms were kinda loud.

The night staff guy was amazingly helpful and professional. He showed me where to park and offered to help me carry stuff to my room. Explained everything well. Just a super-cool guy!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Make sure if you need the room ready by a certain time, to call the hotel direct that morning.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room wasn't ready @ 3pm checking. Was told it would be by 3:30. Wasn't ready til 3:45, & made us late for Wedding pictures being taken b4 ceremony.

Close to our Grandsons wedding

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Great Customer Services! Great Location !
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We have such a great experience. Michael/ front desk went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. Great customer service! Thank you Muchael!!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

It was I'm very comfortable stay my boyfriend and I had...
    • Standard King Room

We were promised a room with a balcony and ended up with a room that was off to the side with a walkway

It was I'm very comfortable stay my boyfriend and I had no problems quiet facility even though it was near a a freeway

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Noisy location
    • Standard Queen Room

The properly was skocated pinched between two busy roads it was loud all dat and all night. The rooms were particularly an all. The area under the stairs was filled with pain cans a d supplies.

The propwrtyand rooms were updated nice and clean the properly was easily freeway accessible.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Impressive

-dim lighting

- this small hotel really impressed me. From the outside it looks a little sketchy but once you are inside the renovated rooms you will be amazed -microwaves, refrigerator, small side loveseat -clean room and bathroom -safe parking lot they have someone on site 24/7 with cameras -large room, plenty of space for bags and to walk around without running into things

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Great choice if you just require the simple things, and comes with free parking!
    • Standard Queen Room

Booking online was misleading - thought there were two queen beds, but ended up being only one. Old, but adequate bathroom, with ants. Some may find the water pressure too weak for them. Juices at breakfast were warm and the pastries were meh.

Friendly staff. Clean room with no smoke smell. Great value for area. Good neighborhood, but goes downhill quick. Free parking, though not sure if the parking would be available during peak times as we came in the middle of the week.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

It not worth the money

See what I wrote above

No place to hang your clothing,no box of tissues,not enough towels.l do not think it worth the money I paid.in you're add indicate breakfast sweet roll is not breakfast. For less money I got better room with full breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Horrible staff and management
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff was horrible..I asked for a late checkout at noon and literally at 12:01 they were pounding on the door, I explained I was getting dressed and would be checked out in 5 min they then threatened to call the cops and were very rude I will never return

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Great value for the price.
    • Standard King Room

Cleanliness could have been a bit better and the A/C was not working great. It was OK but not great. thanks still a great vallue

Close to destination and friendly staff. thanks.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Nice place just missing the best part of waking up.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

NO parking spaces left when we arrived at night. Also it was bare bones breakfast... Mini muffins and juice. Not what i would call a continental breakfast. AND the coffee machine was not working :/

The room was very spacious and the beds extremely comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

I would advise more people to go to that inn its great!!!!
    • Standard Queen Room

With all Honesty the only small comment,I would say is if the bed sheet were a little more fluffy. They are to thin for cold weather temprature.

The environment is very homie, clean!!! And delightful the pillows are so comfy. The bathroom is very nice.

Very nice and reasonable prices.
    • Standard Queen Room

Very nice and reasonable prices.

Lovely clean ideal to commute into city , felt safe, clean throughou
    • Standard King Room

Nice coffe on morning at check inn

Stayed here after been let down at last minute with previous hotel , very clean big rooms slept lovely,

Stay away from this hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

The property is directly by the fwy. The rooms were very old and run down. The cleaning lady said there were rats in the end rooms downstairs !!

The TV was big, with a clear picture and the Wifi was...
    • Standard Queen Room

No computer desk. Room was too small.

The TV was big, with a clear picture and the Wifi was excellent.

Good

A little pricey

Nice place

Ok

Lobby

A lot of class little money

No smoking rm

It was clean and looked nice

Clean and bed comfortable.

AC was a bit noisy.

Clean and bed comfortable. I liked the big window and door to balcony.

whatever you promise before, just stay on your words.
    • Standard Queen Room

For the first day, they gave us a different room. It wasn't the same room, the one we booked.

Blueberry muffins

• Standard Queen Room

street noise was loud and hard to sleep, no hangers in closet, noisy AC unit

Very nice. Will stay again.

Parking is too tight.

The room was very clean
    • Standard Queen Room

The night shift front desk lady was extremely rude!

The room was very clean

Located between a freeway and a road with a lot of trucks (on a hill); but clean and functional.
    • Standard Queen Room

The sheets were rough, it could have used additional pillows and blankets.

Convenient location, clean. Nice TV.

Freeway noise and you could your neighbors

Freeway noise and you could your neighbors

Looking Forward To Coming Back👍
    • Standard King Room

Staff was amazing. Very helpful and courteous.

My stay was fair compared to the money I paid. I liked the parking though.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Small bath tub and very small soaps

I did like the bed, TV and WIFI

• Standard Queen Room

The room is very outdated.

Go someplace else
    • Standard King Room

Stolen property from my room, lack of housekeeping, rusty tub and sink, moldy microwave, cable that stopped working for no reason.

Not worth the money
    • Standard King Room

Lack of daily housekeeping, rusty bathtub and sink, mold in the microwave,loud, rude,guests,some of my property was missing from my room.

Just ok
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was clean but not enough towels for two people. No kleenex provided. Ice machine did not work very well.

Not much.

Bery simple, basic accommodation, clean and safe.
    • Standard Queen Room

First day room was not serviced.

Visiting family so location was nearby was not expecting the resort stay OK otherwise
    • Standard King Room

No hot water one morning, bulletproof glass window at front desk disturbing only one restaurant nearby no other services

Very home like, clean and comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

Our sink would drain very slowly

Felt like home, bed very comfortable

cleanliness, friendly staff, free wi-fi, comfortable
    • Standard King Room

plastic wall sheet in bathroom was split - needs replacing

cleanliness, friendly staff, free wi-fi, comfortable

continental breakfast, coffee, pastries

parking

continental breakfast, coffee, pastries

My stay was good, friendly staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

A little smaller than I thought.

My stay was good, friendly staff.

Great bed.
    • Standard King Room

No basic amenities (soap), poor breakfast

Great bed. Clean sheets. Giid towels

Best kept secret
    • Standard King Room

Very clean, modern furniture, and friendly staff.

Overpriced comfort
    • Standard King Room

There was ants in the sink and a very small tv

Comfortable bed

Nice stuff and comfortable place.
    • Standard King Room

Nice stuff and comfortable place.

Very bad experience overall.
    • Standard Queen Room

Very bad experience overall. Glad it was only one night.

Great stay

Very close to 405 and 118 freeways. Decor of rooms nice and modern.

Good Value in the North Valley
    • Standard Queen Room

Air Conditioner was struggling on a very hot day

Nice Pool

Very comfortable, clean and conveniently located near freeway
    • Standard King Room

It was very nice and comfortable

Don't stay here
    • Standard King Room

Poor service, horrible business ethics

Take them off your list

Pro and con

Room was a bit small

Free on-site parking.

The room was nice, clean and comfortable
    • Standard King Room

There was no hot breakfast

The room was nice, clean and comfortable

Good value for the money

No butter for toast

Cleanliness, price, easy access

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Comfy and clean

No complaints

Very accommodating and good location

Good

Staff

Cleanliness and comfort.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Available when I needed a room.

Light switch missing