Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn Austin 2 stars

#176 of 193 hotels in Austin

6.2

5.7

6.2

I will probably not ever stay there again.

I did not like the fact that the counter lady was rude and her boss/husband or manager whatever he was, was just as rude. We did have a pet who is a service dog, and even tho I had his paperwork to prove his status. They seemed to look down on us and immediately started treating us differently (rudely )when they saw we had a dog. I felt like they did not want us there. Not a good feeling. I would also like to add, that we have a very well behaved and trained pet. So there was no reason for their actions.

The room and bathroom were very clean.

The heated swimming pool

I tried to pay they took my ID and credit card try to make me sign for a higher pay then agreed upon no paperwork upon cancellation the hot water doesn't work

The heated swimming pool

Its look like a place for homeless people and prostitute

Well first of all the first rm smelled like weed. And then we had to wait for another room to be clean by clerk. And bo iron was in the room. Remote control tv.know battery. The pic advertise on its site is not what it look like.

The clerk. And consider it was a short business trip. I would have left there

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice hotel without breaking the bank

The hotel itself didn’t provide a very good breakfast option

There’s a IHOP next door and a Mexican restaurant and a seafood restaurant within walking distance of the hotel ,only a couple blocks away

Never Again

Roaches, like actual roaches. I usually sanitize my room anytime I travel but I also had to make a few different trips to the store in order to fumigate this time. For the price it was definitely disappointing, if I hadn't already paid and were able to find another room, I would have left but it was a holiday weekend so there was really nothing else available. The room itself was in horrible condition, 2 lamps that were either broken or had no bulb. Gum stuck on the side of the night stand. A non smoking room yet there were cigarette burns in the bedding and on the furniture. There was not enough parking so one night I was forced to park my vehicle on the street and hope for the best. I think the place is used by prostitutes since during my stay I noticed that a "young lady" had numerous different men visit her room, which was right above mine. They were pretty loud and the first night I woke up to her arguing and fighting with one of them.

They offer a free breakfast but I would not and did not eat there since they have roaches, they also had really hot water which you don't find often. The Wi-Fi was pretty good as well but that's about it.

bum out

nothing bugs, drity sheets someone had smoked in our room and the breakfast was sorry, sorry sorry will not stay at any one of there hotle again would take them off yall list

nothing about my stay was good there was BUGS in the room .someone had has smoked in the room we ask for air freasher was not both any and the bed sheets had not been change there were nail clipping in the bed and I reported all this to the office

For the low price, I was pleasantly surprised at the...

For the low price, I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness & comfort of the room, as well as all the offerings at breakfast. Any place that has a Belgium waffle maker is a bonus; and this one gives you one in the shape of Texas! Fun!

When entering room it had a musty smell to it, ac was that...

When entering room it had a musty smell to it, ac was that great as when we slept it was warm in it. We put out out the maid service please sign pon leaving only to come back late in the evening with beds still unmaid nor any fresh towels very unsatisfactory for any kind of lodging place.

Aweful....this room should not be rented it was so poor quality!
    • King Room - Smoking

Room smelled rank! Furniture worn and smelly! Carpet was dirty. Needed shampoo! Microwave broken. Freezer was solid ice....frozen up. TV remote did not work....had to control tv by hand manually.

Comfortable bed!

Because i get off work at 7a.

Because i get off work at 7a..I wasnt able to check in unless i paid a $25 for early check in .So i had to drive all the way back to San Antonio and come back at 3p for check in. And that you cant take food back to your room or pay $10..so i chose not to eat or drink anything..

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Everything. The staff didn't want to change our room from a smoking to non smoking. The smell was so bad We had to leave to get another room. There were stains on the pillows and covers. Disgusting

Ok, but not likely to stay in that hotel in another time.

Filthy Room

I appreciate the customer service received but it's sad I have to share room with roaches which creeped me out and the room smells filthy with broken tub.

I didn't like anything other than location
    • King Room - Smoking

Place tripled over night in price and I needed to stay as my father was passing away but couldn't afford it.

I didn't like anything other than location

N/a

Manager has a bad actitud is to much noise outside the room. I need shampoo he was fighting about the supplies. I want to canceled and move to a difrenct hotal and he didnt want to get me my money back

N/a

for the price, it was ok

We had to pull the cord for the tv out of the cabinet because it was not plugged in. Also had to move refrigerator out to plug in coffee pot. Breakfast was minimal.

The room was clean.

Never go there again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

They had bed bugs and made it seem like "oh the hotel doesn't have bed bugs, they must have came from you". Not only was it big and bite those who slept there, they still tried to say " oh no one never complained til you guys" very poor experience and will never spend my money there again.

Aweful

Everything!

Room was old and dirty. Chairs had stains, floor had stains on the carpet, room had a foul odor. Last time I stayed in room 201 and it was all new and remodeled! Room 209 can best be described as a "Dump"! Very disappointed! I liked NOTHING on my stay!

The carpet floor was dirty and it looked like nobody vacuum...
    • King Room - Smoking

The carpet floor was dirty and it looked like nobody vacuum before we checked in, and we checked in around 10pm, I killed 2 little cockroaches crawling on the wall, the remote for the tv wasn’t working and he knobs in the tub were broken

Terrible Staff
    • King Room - Smoking

WAS going to stay another night, just waiting for the cash to show up from out of town. Receptionist wanted to charge almost $100 in late check out and early check in fees PLUS the cost of the rooms. Talked this company out of a future customer for good!

Suite

Not a happy customer will not be back
    • King Room - Smoking

The rooms was not as expected for the price paid and advertisement. Door didn't lock, restroom was nasty, staff was rude upon me unloading and settling in to let them know the condition of the room and stated that I waited to late as to 30 min to call and complain in order to get my money back. Expected more due to I have been to another motel of the same and it was better than this.There was hair in the tub and on the tub as well as dirty in the tub.The only thing for breakfast was cereal,waffles juice, milk.

Very unwelcomed and unconfortable.

Dirty rooms. Broken furniture. Rude staff and owner. Roaches crawling around. Hidden fees from online booking. Would not give a refund due to 3rd party booking. Would not work out a deal instead used 911 services on guest. Would not recommend for a family by no means. It is unsafe and very loud at night.

Horrible. Stay Somewhere Else.

Incredibly rude staff, particularly the woman working the nightshift who seemed bothered at my presence. Checking in was a hassle and made worse by this unpleasant staff member at approximately 130am in the morning after long hours of travel. Customer service is not her calling and it seems previous reviews speak of this same woman. Bathroom was beyond disgusting and had small roaches. The room itself is dingy with everything worn down and old, furniture was stained. The door was broken and didn’t completely close at the bottom. Felt very gross sleeping in the bed. People, described by staff as “workers”, were loitering outside of the room drinking beer at 2am. Very unsafe. A very shady clientele. Didn’t feel safe in my room at night and didn’t feel comfortable leaving belongings in the room while I was away. I voiced my concerns to the daytime receptionist, who advised refunds are only granted after 10 minutes of checking in. Nothing could be done and the owner/manager who only works during the week is apparently unreachable on weekends.

Location is okay, but there are also several other hotels in this area. I’d suggest going to any of those instead.

We needed a place to sleep a couple of nights and it served its perpose.

Bed was very hard and breakfast in the lobby was not appealing. The room wasn't cleaned very well when we got there, my wife cleaned it up. Price was jacked up because of events in town.

Was 20 steps to the IHOP.

Will not be back.

The desk clerk had major attitude. We came in late because we were working at the ut game. There was a confusion about why if we booked and paid online, why I was not able to check in because my boyfriend paid for me because I was three hours away and he was back home. So we had to use my card. I simply asked her to explain to me and she was very rude. As if it bothered her to do her job. This is the first time I have ever had a problem like this. When we walked in the room. They had used shampoo sitting there. That no one threw out from before. If it was not for the fact that it was midnight I would have left!

The pillows where soft.

The lady in charge of breakfast in the morning was extremely...

Rude staff. The room had chipped paint throughout. The ironing board had burn marks all over it.

The lady in charge of breakfast in the morning was extremely rude to one of the guests. It was a beautiful morning and he wanted to take one small plate outside to eat with his little daughter. The lady refused to let him do so and they got in a big argument. It could have been handled so much better.

You get what you pay for

Not much to like. The room smelled, the bath had no plug, the towels were threadbare, the car park surface was chipped and broken and needed resurfacing. The breakfast had one tub of butter for everyone to share. Bread only, no bagels, no pastries.

Good TV reception

Cheap and close to public transport

The breakfast was bad, the pastries especially smelled like cheesy feet. I didn't feel safe there as a woman alone (quite a few unsavoury characters having questionable conversations) and you're not allowed to take it to your room. Some of the reception staff were very rude, one guy basically answered "dunno" to everything and the lady who checked me in wouldn't look up from her phone.

Close to bus stops and the Greyhound station. Easy to get into town. There is an IHOP right next to the motel. The room was very clean and comfortable. Housekeeping staff were all really friendly.

Desk clerk was not very accomondating, remote did not work on tv.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Staff not helpful, tv remote did not work, wanted to charge me an extra 28.00 recheckin fee. Would not compromise at all. Dirty Q-tip beside the bed. Bathtub dirty with hair in tub and on tub walls. AC was not cold enough. Would not move us to another room.

Comfy beds

Adequate place that is comfortable, but fail to do the right thing by people. Huge failure!

I left my ID and $300 on the night stand of my room (I know, ridiculously careless), but "no one has seen either of them." I think management should be made aware that housekeeping took the money and discarded the ID, and the person cleaning the room released. No one would expect someone to turn in money like that, but as people, in a time of trouble with Hurricane Harvey, one would hope for more human decency. I will never return to a place like this.

In general, comfortable bed and very clean bathroom with plenty of towels.

Don't Do it!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Rooms were not clean, toilet was over flowing and had to wait until 7am for maintenance to come.Toilet also had growing mold in the back of it. The latch lock broke as I was opening it to go outside. Couldn't take your breakfast back to your room unless you paid an extra $10 to the front desk. This hotel was the worsest experience ever. If I had to rate this hotel it would be -10.

Absolutely nothing at all!

Leaving

Our door to room u could just push open from outside! Had a musty smell. Bathroom light came on after I was done showering. Ants on the bathroom door. The toilet was sealed to wall with spray foam I know that is not right I'm a plumber.

Leaving

Worth it

The guy asked me why I needed more towels. I don't think why is really any of his business. I was not super offended, but it was annoying having to explain my family's towel usage. Some fresh fruit would be a nice option for breakfast. I have juvenile diabetes, and the best I could get was the frozen sausage biscuits with 2 in a pack. My family enjoyed it though, it was included, did have options, and made my morning easier.

Check in was quick and easy. Staff was multitasking but still attentive and polite. Rooms were clean, and although cramped my family of 4 fit fine- including the travel infant bed- in the two bed room. It was a Friday night and still quiet. The breakfast was good. Overall feel like I got my money's worth.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The room was small. The door knob plate was broken. The pillows were flat. The pool had an odd odor and I woke up to pieces of the roof on my car.

The other guests were nice.

Terrible customer service at Americas Best - Austin - June 14, 2017!

I was flying to Temple (via Austin) because my father was passing. He passed while I was in line getting my rental car. I took a red-eye flight from Portland to Austin and then booked a rental car as well as hotel. However, when booking my hotel, I clicked the wrong box, assuming that it came up because that is where I was landing and renting my car. I booked my hotel in the wrong city in error - meaning to book it at the Temple location. When I arrived at the Temple location and realized that my reservation was for Austin, the person on the phone was horrible. I initially called Booking.com customer service switch my location but they could not make the requested changes so they referred me to call the Americas Best in Austin directly which I did. The person on the phone at AB-Austin was rude, and quiet frankly horrible. Even after explaining the situation and proving to him that I was at the Temple location, he refused to give his name, the name of the owner, and in fact while we were on the phone he charged my card for one nights stay. I called my bank and had the charges denied. The person was absolutely horrible and we have contacted Americas Best corporate office with this complaint.

Worst hotel ever

The front desk lady was of no help and rude. The room was extremely dirty, the restroom smelled like urine and there were dead roaches everywhere. There were people drinking and partying outside, not for people with families or anyone who cares what service they get. We have stayed in many hotels many good and bad, but this one tops the list of worst hotel. Not americas best value inn at all!!!!!!!!!

Leaving!

The worst place I ever seen
    • King Room - Smoking

It was filthy, dried human poop on the sheets . When you shut the door you could stick yourboinky through it. People was smoking marijuana in the parking lot. It was very noise. The room was very dirty roaches everywhere. We left the hotel and stayed with some friends because it was just disgusting

Absolutely nothing

Don't waste your time or money, it would be better used as toilet paper to stay in the woods with!

Everything!!!

I liked telling the clerk that we'll never stay there again and getting the heck out of there so we could get that filthy unfriendly good for nothing but drug dealing and prostitution ghetto within the ghetto rat trap of a place we unfortunately wasted our time and money on.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Get out of there
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Everything! Staff didn't have a clue! Booked us into a room and when I opened the door there was someone sat on the bed! The other room All the beds were tipped up! Prostitution and drug dealing is going on constantly through out the day and night! We paid for 2 nights and left after 3 hours! It wasn't safe for tourists

Don't stay there.

It was dirty. I found someone's dirty slipper behind the bathroom door. Staff unfriendly and food very poor. Dresser drawer chipped and broken. TV did not work

Not again .. not worth the price
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

If they will put a microwave and coffee maker .. they should be in working condition .. they were plugged in but not working .. customers are not there to figure out how to have to work a microwave plugged but non working same with coffee maker

The parking lot and hallways of the property were old and dingy looking .. the microwave was not working and so was the coffee maker

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Clean Rooms

Door didn't close well. And Housekeeper knocking on the door at 9am and asking if you're leaving. And it had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, but it was cause she didn't speak or read in English.

Clean room

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Staff was pleasant made feel good

The room smelled of smoke, the matress was worn and uncomfortable I could feel the matress coils the linen looked and smelled under changed. I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you are fleeing the law

Staff was pleasant made feel good

Don't bother to stay here

The electrical outlet in the bathroom did not work so the hair dryer did not work. The facilities did not fix it when I told them and the next day I reminded them of this they gave me an extension cord to use. The AC was super loud as were the hotel guests outside my room. There was a crack in the tub and I really hope it gets fixed before the next guest uses the room.

The bed was comfortable and the tv worked.

To expansive
    • King Room - Smoking

I didnt like front desk staff, i didnt like that none off the plugs worked so couldnt charge my phone! Also the tv was on when we went in we tried to change it or turn it off and we could de either it didnt work. Bathroom was little

I like how big it was really nice and clean it had ah frig. Coffee.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Americas best value inn
    • King Room - Smoking

For almost $60 a night,the tv didn't show good. Called staff and it took them hours to never come. So i just called and said nevermind about television. There was no comforter. Just a sheet,a throw and a sheet on top of the throw. I booked a smoking room which they didn't have smoking rooms available. Although the non smoking room smelled strong of smoke

I liked the fact i didnt see any bugs. Also had somewhere to lay my head.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Rats
    • King Room - Smoking

When I woke up there was a rat in my room eating through the package of a sealed Raisin Bran pack and neither the management nor the corporation did anything to make it right.

The price was right

They didn't even know I had a room

They didn't even know I had a room Manager was rude Room keeping just busy in room when it clearly said dnt disturb None of the lights worked Never enough towels NEXT TIME ILL JUST STAY IN A BETTER OKACE NO MONEY IS EORTH THIS

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Dissatisfied

The wifi in the room did not work. There is no properly functioning wifi at this Inn. The Inn management said they'd reset the router and all that did was make the wifi work for two minutes and then it went off again. This is very frustrating for anyone trying to get work done and wifi is a huge factor in deciding to pick a place to stay. Also, the walls were paper thin and you could hear every car door slam, people getting back to their rooms at 4am, the maids carts, the maids voices (they were very loud) etc. which made it impossible to sleep past 7am. The light fixtures in our room were broken and a lightbulb had to be replaced. A ladder had to be brought into the room to fix it. All of this at 10:00pm at night after getting in from dinner and realizing we couldn't turn a single light on. Some type of quality control should be done before guests stay in a room and part of that quality control should be making sure lights are in working order. The on button for the lights in the main area had to be twisted and turned until you figured out just the right way to twist and turn it to get it to turn on. The carpet had stains. The lamp shades were broken. And in general there was a lot of little unclean things around the room from dust to dirt. The main blanket for the bed was stiff and made of very itchy material. The pillows and bed were hard as a rock and we'd wake up with aches in our necks and backs. Lastly, it was not inexpensive to stay here due to SXSW the rates had been inflated heavily. It seemed as though they were just packing people in with no real attention to quality. The only positive thing I can think of to say is that the gentleman that came to our room to fix the lights was very nice and he arrived quickly to help us.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Hide your keys-hide your wallet

The woman that checked me in didn't have the exact change to give me so she thought it was ok to short me close to one dollar. Normally I wouldn't mind but the attitude received with it was a disappointment. I asked several times what she meant by she didn't have my exact change and finally she got extra rude and said she couldn't give me the proper change. I would have owed her 24 cents but she felt she was entitled more to that amount than I was my 76 cents difference. Do yourself a favor, don't stay there. I understand you get what you pay for but abruptly disregarding a proper exchange of money is not written anywhere in the hotel rules. I should have insisted on my change. Although petty, it just ticks me off thinking about it. Another thing was safety. I'm not ever one to judge. It's just best put that the hotel guest were obviously suspicious enough to worry about being mugged. Then the counter lady ends up being the mugger. Lesson learned. For 25 more bucks (actually $24.24 had I gotten my change) I could have gotten quite an it nicer place. There's always a next time only I will make a better choice.

They offered on site food choices. Mostly frozen options but sometimes it's better than nothing.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

hotel was dirty has roaches smelled of marijuana and cigerettes. there was drug dealing right outside our door our door didn't shut right looked like it was broke into refrigerator door was off laying in floor .very loud all night long

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

You get what you pay for, spend the extra money elsewhere.
    • King Room - Smoking

The room has a lot of issues. Torn up carpet and stained. Second room they have us,sink ran all night.

The manager and staff were friendly and apologetic of the rooms.They did have good water pressure and it was hot.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

WORST HOTEL STAY (WARNING ADDICTS HOTEL AND DEALORS)

Very dirty Solicited for drugs a couple of times lied to by one of the employees to avoid giving me here real name, which I later found out. Roy the manager told me there was a room ready for early check in. Though I arrived 30 min later (9am), do to the rain we had, Roy was no longer there, he didn't inform the next employee that I was coming in either. Juana the clerk, who didn't have a customer, didn't greet or look at me when I came in. After greeting her first, she replied hello can I help you? After a long rainy drive I explained to her that I was there on business and had discussed my arriving early previously with Roy. She looked confused at that point saying she wasn't sure who I spoke to but there wasn't any rooms available until after 3pm. at that point she laughed saying " I don't know who Roy is. I sat and waited in the parking lot for about an hour, I called the front desk, she said NOPE NO ROOMS and no one comes until 12pm to clean them. However mind you I was sitting in the parking lot watching the cleaning crew come in and out of rooms cleaning and moving on to the next. PLEASE HAVE CORPORATE OR WHOEVER CAN HERE THE REST OF MY STORY CALL ME PLEASE!! I HAVE MUCH MORE TO SAY IT GETS WORSE.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

You get what you pay for
    • King Room - Smoking

Understand if you booked a room here you were looking for the lowest rate so don't complain its not a 4 star room.

Bed was okay, the bathroom was dated and showed its age.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Unhappy Austin Stay

The carpet needs to be replaced.The smoke alarm was wrapped in plastic. The breakfast was minimal.They need more nutrition in the breakfast They over charged for the pet fee. The wifi was intermittent and reconnecting was constant Bathroom needs to be up dated. Toilet seat was broken needs to be replaced. Would not recommend staying here.

Mattress have been replaced and are Were comfortable.W water pressure was. Good in shower Little else was good. Breakfast was inadequate

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

The staff was very attentive when it comes to maintenance...

The breakfast could have been better. They ran out of everything pretty fast.

The staff was very attentive when it comes to maintenance and my first room was smoked up and they quickly moved me. Smoking rooms and non smoking rooms are too close. I go to these properties a lot including the one on South I 35 at least every 2 to 3 weeks just for a short get away and I live in Austin. It is a great value.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Meh

Caters more for workers. And there trailers took up all the parking. We had to park on otherside of hotel against a wall. Cleaners left full bags of garbage outside all day in the sun and ot stank. Got a king size bed, had a two sheets and a blanket for a double bed inbetween. Could REALLY use a good clean. Hotel should purchase a vacuum

Location. Room was big

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

The attending was rude and very unfriendly this was my first time in Austin and I felt handled by him.there where roaches in the room and the shower was very dirty.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Very inexpensive and not super awful, but basically you get what you pay for

Shower did not work Very stingy with in room coffee, soap, etc. Not much offered at breakfast-no fruit, no yogurt, only sweet cereal Vending machine almost empty

The location was ok. Not too sure about the cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Poor

A lot of things were broken in the room. The room smelled of smoke when it was a nonsmoking room.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

It was ok.

I booked a non smoking room. When they gave us our room they put us in a room that very much smelled like smoke. Smoke smell triggers migraines with me. So a bad headache started up. I went and told the front desk about their mistake. They quickly fixed it by switching us to a different room. A non smoking room.

It was cheap, there were no roaches, and no other nasty stuff.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

No privacy cable guy and staff in the room
    • King Room - Smoking

Before 230 pm previous guest stole the cable box. Front desk clerk was informed while I'm waiting to get to take my money. She puts me in the same room. Then within 5 minutes a cable box from another room was installed. Was not offered to move even though they had the cable company showing up a few hours later. This was very uncomfortable being half naked and the maintenance and cable guy show up to work on the new installation. Never was told that I should be expecting the cable man to enter the room. I spoke to the owner and he said the desk clerk was young and new but yet he was standing right there when she a signed me the room. My privacy was nothing during this stay. The only offer he had for me being unsastifed was a 10% discount if I stayed additional night or a 2 hour grace at check out.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Stay somewhere else!!!

Has roaches,rooms (booked 2) was dirty and stinky. Dead roaches on the walls.Microwaves in both rooms are in desperate need of replacement, one didn't work other was falling apart on the inside. We will not be staying at this motel again. Get better rooms and service at motel 6 or the red roof inn both down the road.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Very good. Would stay here again.

Staff could be more trained in bisitor information. Room had a weird looking chair. Should be removed.

Staff is friendly, room was clean beds are comfy. Breakfast was included it had waffles and sausage it was great.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Never go back to this hotel.It was the worst in my life.

All rooms smelled smoke , on the hallway people smoking .Dirty carpet , probably not vacuumed for weeks, under beds lots of garbage .Dead bugs around. Breakfast extremely poor, nothing to eat as diabetic.Desk people not very helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Roaches, Roaches & More Roaches...

We had roaches in our room every night. They were in the bed, on the floor and in the restroom. Since we were only staying two nights I didn't make a big fuss about it but it seems like this property has a major roach infestation. For this reason only, I would never stay here again even though it was a budget friendly hotel. Little advice is save a little bit more money and stay at a better hotel to have peace of mind.

The bed was really comfortable and the location was right by the highway.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

I booked this room because the Booking.com web page stated clearly that "We welcome your furry friends". I was travelling with a companion dog ( I have a prescription ) due to ptsd. They added $25.00 per night to the bill and then directed me to the fine print at the end of the booking.com page. Since this was prepaid the morning of arrival I had no recourse than to pay the additional $87.00 for the three nights I stayed. Two of the nights I stayed were interrupted around 2 am by a prostitute knocking on my door. The property was run down and not cared for. The " free" breakfast consisted of a cheap lunch cake and diluted powdered orange juice that if you took it back to your room they charged an extra ten dollars. I have never felt so ripped off in my 60 year old life. These people use every excuse to over charge anyone they can. I have stayed at other ABVInns and have never been treated so poorly. I intend to file a formal complaint with the proper authorities in the state of Texas.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The bed was comfortable

It was $25/night for a pet fee, the pet fee was also taxed. There was nothing on the booking that said how much the pet fee was. The walls also had holes in them, and the holes that had been fixed hadn't been painted over. The bathroom was only partially painted. The room also smelled like stale smoke, and occasionally smelled like marijuana.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Room 133 is a non-smoking room.

Room 133 is a non-smoking room. However, it actually has ashtrays, cigarette burns on furniture's so bad that we had to get house keeping spray room with air freshener.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Great value; scary clientele.

Lots of transients in the area - no security that I could tell. Location was only blocks away from my business, but the folks in and around the hotel were a bit scary.

Standard continental breakfast food. First day was real short of options and it had only been open for 20 minutes!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Horrible staff

The rooms had poor wifi signal , I was harassed every day by the staff at checkout time even though I paid for 3 nights... one day a guy didn't even knock he just opened the door and tried to come in !!! but I had the deadbolt on the door thankfully

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Rooms are way to small for the price!!!

Front desk lady. Not helpful. I asked for 15 minutes after checkout. Charge of $25 if i stayed anytime after 11. Asked for one extra blanket, lady said no.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Avoid this hotel

Staff were rude at check in. The room was unclean. We felt unsafe at this hotel. - walked in and walked out ! Didn't stay. Pay extra and stay elsewhere. The hotel is dirty, tired and disorganised.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

I use to like the price until being over-charged this go...

Hotel did not keep reservation rate confirmed online through booking site. Neither hotel nor booking.com issued a refund for over-charge as promised. Very dissatisfied with hotel and booking company. I make reservations for a reason, to avoid unforeseen cost.

I use to like the price until being over-charged this go around

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Good for the money pay close attention at the front desk!

Double billed , no refund for 48 hours If money can be deducted instantly it can be put back instantly, Wonder if this is a habit? Typical money game oops sorry about that We'll just keep your money for a couple days

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

The price was good.

It was very loud! Someone had thrown up on the steps, and it was still there the next morning, and residue there for the next couple of days! It seems like a lot of workers stay there, and they drink and stay outside talking, yelling and whistling! I sat on the edge of the bed one night, and a spring that was sticking out of the side of the mattress, cut my leg!

The price was good. I have stayed in worse places...