Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn - Clovis 2 stars

1616 Clovis Avenue, Clovis, CA 93612, USA

#2 of 7 hotels in Clovis

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was very close to old Town Clovis and I love the atmosphere of old Town Clovis. The property was small which makes it easier to keep up with the aesthetics of landscaping and decor. I slept well and was ready for my day.

• Superior Queen Room

The pillows were lumpy and thin. I wish they had a hot tub also.

The room was beautiful. Great lighting, kitchen was Great and very clean ,It even shines.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had to get room key replaced on second night. Beds where a little uncomfortable but not bad. Light between beds was plugged into a socket that did not work very well. Electrical socket has a short in it and needs to be replaced.

Close to event that I was attendng. Plenty of parking that was easy to get my truck in and out of.

• Superior Queen Room

Actually, there is nothing about the place we don't like.

My wife and I visit this location eveyr year, as we have family in the area. The staff is always very helpful, the facilities are clean, and it is located in a very safe area of town. Clovis,CA is a very nice historical western-type town, and it is centrally located if you want to visit the high Sierras of western California. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the prices are reasonable.

• Superior Queen Room

Was given a room by the parking lot entrance and with the traffic passing by, it sounded and felt like the cars were literally going through the room. Not a quite night sleep.

Slow internet service.

Clean, comfortable and quiet! We would stay here again. Met all of our standards. Clovis is an amazing town that we stumbled upon in our travels. The entire town is extremely well kept, unusual in this time period. The residents have a lot of pride in their town obviously.

Everything!

Very old establishment. Bathroom set up was not good. We did not really feel safe staying there. I would NOT recommend anyone staying. We booked on line and were not familiar with the area. Price was very over rated for what we received.

• Superior Queen Room

Bugs in the room. Air conditioner didn't work properly. The shower and faucets are labeled backwards.

I liked hot easy it was to get to the room.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

remote didn't work and exterior was clean but side walks in front of rooms need a power wash.this property was listed military discount when I searched for places to stay ,I didn't receive my veterans discount.

Beds were nice, clean new carpet

• Superior Queen Room

The only thing was they did not offer breakfast. It was a small juice and coffee station, but not anything to eat. It would have been nice to have that since usually the places I have stayed in offer that with the same price I paid for this hotel.

The rooms were extremely clean and updated. Nice to have a kitchenette and small eating area. will definitely be back

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The shower tub wasn’t draining too well. Either it’s clog down the drain or needs to be fixed. Needs hand soap in the kitchen.

The room was better this time. Got a bigger and a nonsmoking room. Which I had requested. Meet my family needs.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We would have liked to have some sort of information in the room regarding restaurants in the area as we had to get on my iPad and look for someplace to eat. Carrows was right down the street though and was perfectly adequate for dinner and breakfast.

The manager was very nice even though she was having a difficult time with booking.com's website apparently. It didn't seem to be showing her any booked reservations.

• Superior Queen Room

There was a domestic dispute in another room a few doors down that kept me up for a few hours one night that really impacted my stay

The staff was very friendly and the price was right

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Dated carpet and walls make the room appear less clean than it actually is.

Large room well appointed, refrigerator/freezer, electric cook top, microwave, sink in counter-top, high-top table with two chairs. Plenty of counter surface for all the items your travel with. Average size closet with a few hangers.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We have stayed here several times . For the first time we were disappointed with the cleanliness of the room . The carpet was very soiled . There were several large stains on the carpeting. It needs a through cleaning or better yet new carpet. The bathroom floor had a faint smell of urin . They need to disenfect and deodorize bathroom floor and toilet better .

We really like the convenient location . The staff is always very friendly. The beds are good .

• Superior Queen Room

The reservation was incorrect,room 117 had no water in the bathroom sink, the carpet was wet possibly from a leak in the bathroom. The bathroom light had a short in it. The beds were rock hard and messed up my back. Room 116 was slightly better but the entry light was broken, the beds were rock hard, the closet door sticks very badly. The motel is a health hazard!

Nothing! This was one of the worst motels I have ever been in.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Thought the floors could have been a little cleaner. While taking a bath, the shower head popped off and water was all over the floor. Luckily I wasn't hit or injured when the shower head popped off. Reported it to the manager upon check out. Manager apologized.

Really appreciated the spacious room. It was more like a suite. Appreciated the refrigerator, stove and general set-up of the room.

• Superior Queen Room

Paper thin walls. 4:00am Couple above us started laughing and talking very loud. 6:09 am yelling time to get up! Getting locked out of our room on second day because the MANAGER/OWNER screwed up our check in and didn't charge me for 2 days even though it was on the booking. She didn't call to notify me either, just locked us out when we came in that night!

Comfort of the bed and clean room. Nice decor

Problems with wifi

Big room, no breakfast but got free coffee with buns. Parking in front of room. Kitchen facilities in the room (but no pot or frying pan)

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The fridge didn't get cool enough, the fan didn't work if you put it on it would wobble all over the place, there wasn't enough clothes hanging space the hangers were secured to close the fridge. The wifi was terrible virtually non existent.

Location, parking, friendly staff.

• Superior Queen Room

The toilet flush handle seemed to stick whenever we flushed the toilet. The hair dryer did not work.

The roominess of the room with a refrigerator, microwave and kitchen sink. The staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and I would recommend it.

• Superior Queen Room

No adequate breakfast. No fitted bottom sheet. Lack of restaurants in the area

Friendly staff. Light automatically turns on when entering the bathroom.

• Superior Queen Room

Booking mix-up.... people had extended their stay in the room I was given without notifying management. Another room with more amenities was provided at no additional charge.

Comfortable accommodations. Roomy with conveniences of home, kitchen, dining in open floor plan with bedroom.

• Superior Queen Room

The room looked clean but felt dirty. Our door wouldn't close/lock unless you slammed it. There were a couple of simple fixes that needed to happen in order for it to make you feel really comfortable. The whole room could use a deep cleanse.

Very easy to check in and out. Really nice employees. The bed was very comfortable and they had a lot of television channels to watch.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was nasty and smelled pretty foul. The tile floors were filthy, the closet must have had a dog locked in it. 😩 The carpet was clearly scratched up, the door shredded, and it reeked of urine. The carpet was filthy, it must have had a flood in the room bc the cabinetry clearly had been water damaged and was peeling apart. The fridge was leaking something brown, and had zero shelves making us stack all of food on top of each other. The smoke detector was missing a cover, and sink had the cold water turned off making the water almost unbearably hot to clean dishes. The two burner electric stove was pretty pathetic as well. The tiny table had chipped edges and the cabinets had a thick layer grime on them.

The beds were comfortable and the AC was icy cold.

• Superior Queen Room

Nice large room with kitchenette and table. Large desk and big closet. Close to Shaw Street with mall and restaurants. Close enough to travel to Sequoia/Kings Canyon Nat. Parks. Wish I could come every year for a week

• Superior Queen Room

There was apparently a leak at one time and it stained the bottom of the desk quite bad should have painted it or replaced the end panel

Room was bigger and more amenities than I expected I arrived early and they very accommodating and I could park right in front of my room

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

While accommodating, we went a few doors up to get an excellent breakfast at a place called the Waffle Stop. Very, very easy walking distance from the motel.

Very clean and up to date. No out-dated or out-worn walls, linens, carpet. When I booked on line I asked for extra pillows and towels which were waiting in our room once we checked in. Its been a long time since I have seen this type of good customer service. This property was a great surprise for our stopover heading to Yosemite.

• Superior Queen Room

Was actually better than expected, all good

Stayed one night while touring California, room 123 Our room was clean, spacious and all the electrical facilities in the room worked, as they should. The owner/manager was very helpful and friendly. There was ample free parking and the free Wi-Fi worked well.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The air conditioner appeared to be on a timer which was not a good thing when the outside temperature was 105. And I'm not talking about the thermostat, I had the temperature set at 72 and it was nowhere near that when the AC would turn off. The little refrigerator did not get very cold at all, in fact barely cool.

The room was very clean! The bed was comfy (I love the fact that they were not stingy with the pillows each bed had four!) the office staff was very friendly :-) We would happily stay here again.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There where roaches all over the bathroom. It looked very clean otherwise. Towels were stiff and scratchy. There were dirty spots on the bedspread and the beds looked like someone was rolling around on them. Bedspreads were all bunched up. Also, the cabinets and refrigerator were damaged. I won't stay there again. It was too expensive for what they are offering. I could have paid $30 more and stayed at the Hilton.. Seriously

The bed was comfortable and sheets were clean

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I ordered a kitchenette and was given a regular room when I questioned it I was told that the kitchenette was more money than what I paid. That made me very disappointed.

This was the cleanest motel I have ever stayed and I stay at a lot - it was absolutely spotlessly clean.

• Superior Queen Room

Carpeting and paint needs updating.

The room was huge, full kitchenette, large bathroom with handicap shower and regular tub/shower combo. DISH TV easy remote and programs easy to find. Parking lot has pull through spots for RV's and trailers.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Superior Queen Room

I found it interesting that there was a safety rail by the toilet, a wonderful feature, but not in the shower/tub combination. Towels were a little coarse for my liking.

The kitchenette with a small refrigerator AND freezer were great. Having a roll of paper towels included was much appreciated. Ample cabinet storage in the kitchenette was an added bonus. I also appreciated the outlets located throughout the room for all my electronics. It was a very comfortable stay.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Superior Queen Room

The ac was very loud had to sleep with ear plugs but I didn't mind the carpet was pretty old and a few patches weren't discretely covered

The room were comfortable clean, and friendly staff they remember you if you've returned more than once.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately, our neighbors were night owls, past 11 -- and had continuous knocks on the door, which could be heard. Also saw a large bug on the wall in the morning when we turned on the light... Not sure what it was. This had nothing to do with the staff or Motel.

We just needed a place to sleep/shower for our stay, so it met our needs. Room was clean, kitchenette was very nice.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom had a descaling step which at night was a bit of a hazard. Bathroom needed painting and was was very worn. Main overlead light was not functioning.

Friendly and attentive staff. Safe location for area. Price appeared competitive with surrounding hotels

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Has kitchen facilities but no pans to work with . supposed to bring your own or what we told them we had 5 people three kids to adults and they left three towel

Waffle place you can want to but a little pricey

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom lights were dim and shower head seemed to not be working properly. There was a certain smell like it was damp.

The location and how quiet it was.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Superior Queen Room

The fact that I took a 45min shower and was an hour late to my destination because I didn't want to leave the Americas Best Value Inn too quickly, Haha!

Every time I stay at this location, I think this is my 4th stay, it continues to improve. All the appliances in the kitchenette, the bathroom fixtures and the television were new or improved on. The bed spread, furniture and the overall feel is that I am staying at a much more expensive overnight. I hope the owners and staff are making a profit and our country continues to have these high quality, affordable places. Each person I have ever dealt with either on the phone or in person could not have been more professional or helpful. I honestly can't say enough.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only issue for me was the comfort of the beds. Other than that great hotel.

I was surprised at how nice the decor in the room was. Also there was a very large refrigerator in the room, which was a big plus! Hot water and great heating in our room.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It could be noisy when people were going to/from cars, but the heater/fan helped.

The room was very spacious and very clean. Supplies were basic but adequate. We stayed for one night during a weekend without much hotel room availability in the area. We were pleasantly surprised to find the room as comfortable and clean as it was. And, there was a nice size kitchenette which we didn't use, but we appreciated. The couple who checked us in were very kind. The location is fine, it's a short drive to cute downtown Clovis.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

some bugs were in the room, and I found one crawling on my arm during the first night. no bugs were found the second day

The location kindness of staff spacious room with kitchenette restaurants and shopping in walking distance

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Superior Queen Room

Noise from busy Clovis Ave & noise from construction workers leaving before 6am. They like to honk their horns at each other.

Staff was awesome & room very clean

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The noise from this group of little kids there with their families...they were very loud right outside our room up and down the stairs.

The kindness of the clerk at check in

• Superior Queen Room

Room had not been cleaned when checked in room. so while we were at the wedding, maid had came in, without us saying anything to them, or them saying anything.Garbage in trash cans was gone, clean towels brought in. And i didn't get my laptop to work. So I guess their wifi isnt good.

quiet motel and It was all booked.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Superior Queen Room

Requested a queen bed and got a full size bed. Light above the shower not working.

Unexpected room upgrade with a kitchenette. Very roomy for 2 people. Plenty of parking was available. Front desk was friendly and helpful. And lots stores and restaurants and very close by, easy to walk to.

• Superior Queen Room

one of the lights was out, but I didn't report it. was only there for one night. fellow guest was playing some loud music, but stopped before 10pm. refrigerator a little noisy and didn't get things super-cold.

spacious room and price was decent. Handicap-friendly room. Clean. Staff was courteous. Nice, thicker towels.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast is very basic but we knew that so went to a place next door instead.

Wonderful staff, all helpful and friendly. Great location, good wifi, facilities including pool and laundromat all useful and good.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Nothing at all.

We were very pleased with the room and service. AC did not work in first room and they immediately moved us to another room. Very pleased with the manager of this property.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

only 1 washcloth...towels were very thin... a kitchen but no dishes or utensils... no soap in the kitchen or bathroom...no stoppers in the tub or sinks

spacious room...comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

There was no left turn lane into the parking lot and had to make a u-turn or go out of the way to come at it from the right side.

The rooms were spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wi-fi was a little shaky. I think that is mostly due to room location ( # 131)

Very clean, refridgerator and micro. . Good air conditioning and comfortable bed. Very good HD TV.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Superior Queen Room

The customer service is terrible. I was spending the day with my family and the people at the front desk called me like 5 times! I told them I held the room with my debit card but was going to pay with a credit card when I got there five times. Just to get there to find that they gave my reservation away and couldn't find another room for me. It was strange because the whole motel was dark and creepy. I could see into vacant rooms. When I told the women at the check in counter that I spoke with her counter part who was a man she said no men worked there just to have a man walk behind the counter and ask how everything was going. She was unapologetic about giving my reservation away and actually told us this was our fault. I don't know if I would have explained I wanted to pay with another card 6 times instead of 5 if she would have held my reservation. Pay up front if you plan on staying here even if they tell you that you can pay upon arrival because clearly that is not there policy. I suggest bringing your own pillows and blankets too... It's a cheap motel. You get what you pay for...

The location is okay I guess. You can walk 2 blocks up and be near all the restaurants and bars..

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Superior Queen Room

The TV is Direct TV with a very limited choice of programs - lots of infomercials. There are no dishes or silverware, no cooking utensils, so the full kitchen is of limited use unless you bring your own.

The manager was very friendly and extremely helpful. It has all the amenities you'd want - full kitchen, desk, etc. plus a big room. I found that I could set the air conditioning exactly the temperature I like. (Some say it's noisy, but I thought it was no different other places.)

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The air conditioner is loud, as most hotel ac's are. But it kept us nice and cool on a 107 degree day!

This location was quiet and the room was comfortable. Even decorated nicely. This will be our place to stay when in Clovis.

No issues

Small and quiet. Convenient to area.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There is a kitchenette but no utensils for cooking washing dishes or eating off of.

The price was great and the last location

• Superior Queen Room

PPL next door were smoking pot. Smells through walls.

Very Comfortable.

Coffee

Comfortable bed nice room layout

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very noisy and in disrepair. If it weren't for being a holiday weekend the price should have been much less.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom floor uneven snd tub needed grab bars

Roomy

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were very pleased with our room and the staff was very friendly

BATHROOMS ARE A LITTLE CRAMPED

THE MANAGEMENT IS VERY FRIENDLY

Notbing

Clean

Perfect

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The had a metal object protruding from the bed under the sham. I hit me ankle really hard on this object.

• Superior Queen Room

Nice spacious room, room was clean and good shower. Free HBO

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The manager was extremely friendly, and went the extra mile for me

No complaints

All of it.

Find over 6 roaches in my room

I like the room. I liked that I got a full refund after finding reaches in my room.

Noise outside my room

It's big and roomy

• Superior Queen Room

Very nice place! Was very clean! Updated!

NA