Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn Fresno 2 stars

2425 Merced Street, Fresno, CA 93726, USA

#32 of 54 hotels in Fresno

Not a very pleasant stay

It is a bit rundown. Bedside lamps were not working, towel rack falling off the wall. Although the young man handled our check in were helpful in fixing the lamps, the gentleman at the front desk next morning does not seem to be friendly at all. I said “good morning” to him and got no response and he didn’t seem to be happy in answering my simple questions which made me felt unwelcome in this place. This is definitely not the “best American value” that I know.

First bad review...

Found a HUGE dead cockroach in the bathroom. Luckily it was dead but seriously never seen one that big inside....TV satellite went out so no tv to watch & staff very rude when called to find out what's going on. Indian lady hung up on me first then when I called back she tells me to unplug & plug back in the tv. Never worked. No one seemed to bother fixing this issue they just said 'satellite problem'....

Bed was very comfortable.

Inexpensive, decent room, ac was cold, they do have a pool

Pool was dirty, random people banging on doors, staff was disinterested in answering questions, breakfast was minimal, no coffee, lot of gangmembers hanging around the property.

Inexpensive, decent room, ac was cold, they do have a pool

Excellent service and made sure that we had shampoo and soap, good customer service.

The area was convenient but maybe a coupon for Subway.

I needed to know about how to get on the internet and the front desk was outstanding and the coffee was perfect in the morning, I would stay again.

It was ok

Breakfast was minimal, but there's Subway at the hotel. The bathroom was a bit worn out, but clean.

Location was good, about 5minutes walk to the railwaystation and to the center. Swimming pool was small but nice on a hot day. The room was clean. OK hotel for a one or two night stay.

The outside looked nice.

The crackhead fighting in the Parking lot. Loud rude guests. Room was really dirty,lots of black mold in the shower. Only two towel. Cigg burns on all the surfaces, ripped lamp shades, non smoking room sneeles of smoke. Tv went in and out mostly OUT! Crappy channels. Filthy!!! And I'm a no frills guys ! This place was gross!

The outside looked nice.and the pool was nice. Good refridgrator,

Adequate for our needs. No real complaints; comfortable, clean, secure, quiet.

Breakfast was a little sketchy. Very limited choice of only two cereals; most places will provide some sort of granola.

close to airport, reasonably priced.

Quiet neighborhood and close to my destination.

Microwave was not clean! Cockroach crawling into A/C unit. Pillows were very "squishy" (too soft). No coffee available in early morning (before 7:00 am) !

Bed was comfortable. TV was very nice. Bathroom was nice.

From Pollock Pines

There was nothing to say negative about the property

I felt the property was well-groomed and I like the fact that the subway was connected you could just walk right from the property into the subway

Worst motel ever!

The toilet didnt work in my room and there was a smell of urine and shit all over the room, management said they were fully booked and cant replace my room! No refund and no nothing!!! Worst service and the most horrible place I have been to.

Terrible place, stay away!

Do Not Ask for Disabled Access Room

Mattress had wires sticking out that cut my and my husbands legs,room not cleaned, got queen bed when paid for king, got disabled room and tike in bathroom so slick almost fell multiple times.

First stay total mess.

Never again

The tub wouldn't drain, so you showered in shin high dirty water. The light over the bathroom sink was burned out and we had to get it replaced and"nobody knew" about the marathon that blocked us in.... the annual marathon. The parking was also too small. Oh, and the cockroach my 13 year old daughter killed in the bathroom counter

Quiet

The room was clean.

I didn't like the location. It was kind of hidden in Fresno. I saw a few random people walking around the building and parking lot.

The room was clean. It didn't have an awkward smell.

Conveniently located motel in Downtown Fresno offering functional but no frills accommodations.

The free wifi password should have been provided upon check-in. Since stay was just overnight, did not really need the wifi so didn't ask for the password.

The room was comfortable and functional. The facilities are older with some cosmetic maintenance issues that need addressing, but hotel room amenities were functioning.

Too far from where we needed to be and got no sleep due to almost continual yelling in halls.

My daughters attempted to use the swimming pool, and someone immediately stuck their head out of a room and told them it was closed for the season. However, all night long, there were people roaming the halls of the hotel yelling back and forth, and no one ever attempted to quiet them. I was frightened. Having some interactions with tweakers in the past (who hasn't, unfortunately)..

The room was clean, staff was generally helpful.

Simple decent rooms

The main light for the sink/mirror area didn’t work but after messing with it for a bit it turned on. Other than that everything else worked great.

Nice clean rooms and great pricing! Super comfy beds. Rooms have a Mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. TV has nice quality picture. They have a big pool, again great price for what you get with your stay.

Really nice room

Nothing around it, it's in downtown so during night it was empty of people.

Really nice room, clean and tidy. Wonderful bed. There is a pool, looked nice for summer.

Worst hotel stay ever

Alot of things were wrong dirtiest room ive ever seen The Indian guy who checked me didn’t even greet me and called me at 4 PM to see if I still need my room which is totally weird when it said check in was at 2pm I said I did need my room that I was three hours away once I got to my room big stain on the rug the bathroom had pubic hair all over the shower the shower curtain had mold on the bottom smelled so bad like cigarette my bed had hair when I checked in I called front desk but He said no more rooms available there was hair all of over the wall in the bathroom there was hair on my bed this was the nastiest room I’ve ever seen but what do you expect for $70 I will never stay at this hotel this was my first time staying here and my last worst hotel experience ever it seems that housekeeping does not do their job very well because this room was very nasty

The only thing i liked was that it was 4 mins to the location i was going

Didn’t like the hotel

Didn’t like the location of the hotel. The room was dirty , no coffee in the room . Wanted to get coffee from lobby which wasn’t working. The guy didn’t bother to put a sign saying out of order .......

Overall the stay was pleasant

I didn’t like the location not a very nice area was afraid to go out at night

The staff was friendly and helpful the bed was comfortable clean and neet

Decent stay for price thru booking.

My room was not ready when i arrived which was a hour later then requested. Too much vehicle noise and walls had stains and holes

The big flat screen with dish cable

Poor value. Don't be confused with the Free Breakfast.

It said that breakfast is included, but indeed it's just sweet buns and coffee. Air conditioner is very noisy and inefficient - it was hot all night despite AC was on the max settings. Price is too high for such quality.

Pretty clean. Nice yard.

Find something else!

Bit run down. Dodgy clientel. Dodgy staff proposing cash payment. A lot of spanish speaking workers living there and others who conducted "business" in the parking lot - nut so funny, and definitely not for families. The location felt unsafe with a lot of homeless in the area, so you drove for a meal even though some of the best restaurants i Fresno is within walking distance. Not cups for 2 in room, you had to find an outlet that worked to get power for the coffee maker. Breakfast a disaster. 2 items available coffee and a Danish - nothing else.

Price

Great staff and well-provisioned rooms

Perhaps a gate to the premise/parking might provide additional perceived safety given the downtown location.

The staff was friendly, the premise seemed well-monitored with security cameras, despite being in a downtown location (that can feel a little iffy)

NICE PLACE, NO BREAKFAST

THE ADD SAID BREAKFAST INCLUDED. THEY NEED TO SAY CONTINENTAL .THEY COULD HAVE INCLUDED FRUIT AND CEREAL. THE BREAKFAST COUNTER WAS DIRTY.

NO BREAKFAST JUST SMALL DANISH. THE STAFF WAS VERY NICE.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

For what we paid it was as expected.

For what we paid it was as expected.... relatively clean free parking swimming pool looked nice but didn't use it as just travelling and needed somewhere cheap n cheerful to lay our heads.... suited our needs

Great place to stay to be in the downtown location.

I didn't like that breakfast starts late at 7am, didn't have any seats or tables since it's in the small lobby and we had to be somewhere at 7am. So we didn't even get to take part in a breakfast there.

Staff was very friendly and attentive. This place has been remodeled with crown molding and plantation shutters. They had great tv reception with regular local channels and free HBO and movie channels. Most of all, my son forgot his book of Pokémon cards in a draw. After checking out in the morning and attending an event we were there for, we returned around 5 o'clock in the evening to explore to the front desk that my son had left his valuable possession in the room. The front desk went out of their way to accommodate us in finding his book of cards and my son was able to get them back. The front desk staff saw how important it was to my son and was very helpful to us. This alone would make me want to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Short stay to visit Sequoia/Kings Canyon NP

"Breakfast" was included in the price but practically there was no breakfast - only coffee/tea and a pastry, which even one of the mornings was not delivered.

I was very pleased to see they were very clean.

the bed was hard. pillows very thin and shower didn't have a lot of pressure.

I was very pleased to see they were very clean. there were no bed bugs or critters and that made me very happy

Served its purpose!

Not the safest of neighborhoods, and the room could have been a bit more clean, specifically in the bathroom. The toilet habdle was broken as well. The room above us was loud at 2am.

Friendly staff! Within walking distance of the Theater.

Stay 1 night before visiting Sequoia and run away :-)

1) A room was dark, there were some red spots on sheets (blood?), lightening in bathroom was a complete nightmare: generally we spent 10 minutes to switch it on and it could switch off in any minute after first 5 minutes. The lightening was crackling all the time, we were afraid of short circuit. However the manager told us that it was ok (?!). In another corner room that we were offered instead the lightening in bathroom was even worse. -- 2) Breakfast is a joke. There were coffee, hot chocolate, awful juices and.... one box of pastry for ALL guests. When we came, there were only 7-8 muffins left. -- 3) The neighborhood is very scary in the evening - a lot of homeless people. You had better go somewhere by car (for example, to have a dinner), not on foot.

You can stay in this hotel for 1 night (not more) but it won't be a pleasant stay. Close to Sequoia - that' all. There is also a good Italian restaurant nearby (5 min. walk) if you want to have a decent dinner.

There was an iron and ironing board.

Had to change rooms, as did our friends traveling at the same time. So dirty and rooms reek of cigarette smoke even though it's supposed to be a non smoking hotel. Very loud. You can hear everything in the rooms next to you and outside your door.

There was an iron and ironing board.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

STAY AWAY AREA RUBBISH NO WHERE NEAR THE TOWN

Rubbish sleep as a lady of the night in opposite room was busy all night . No breakfast other than a cake and coffee . DONT STAY HERE . 1 out 10

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Ummmm

We got a blanket from the staff that seemed to be covered in semen and literally stuck to itself. You're lucky I don't give y'all the worst reviews just on that alone.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Shouldve went else where

The bathroom drain plumbing was terrible, water drained slowly, barely any hot water, the staff claimed i used a fake ID and credit card and didnt realize my squad car was parked right in front of his door nor did he read the credit card properly. Gurav needs more training and better customer service skills.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Comfortable accommodation

Toilet seat was loose. Didn't supply extra role of toilet paper.

Convenience to local dining. Easy access to major highways.Comfortable descent amenities.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Overall pretty good

The comforter didn't seem clean, which could've been because we checked in so early. And the hairdryer was falling apart but luckily I didn't need it. We didn't sleep well but couldn't decide if it was because of the bed or not.

They let us check in a couple hours early which was great. The man at the front desk was very helpful and sympathetic and the room looked good.

Not bad

The air conditioning unit was really loud, the breakfast was awful.

Nice room, pool in the middle of the rooms in a courtyard setting.

I feel secure and there's no sketchy people stay there.

I feel secure and there's no sketchy people stay there. I have stayed there now 3 times.

No tissues.

No tissues. Semi-shabby appearance.

While i did not get to stay very long, the room was wonderful and very clean.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and also very efficient.

Diamond in the ruff

The blow dryer.

I loved the pool! I loved how when I was in the room, I couldn't hear the people in the pool.

no tv service, WiFi go back and go and my daughter found a...

no tv service, WiFi go back and go and my daughter found a cockroach in the bad room

We arrived the attendent wasnt friendly, I made my payment with cash. Then was ask for a 100 deposit

Even though they smoke free rooms. They smell really bad of smoke. Had to change rooms. The rooms smelt of old air.

There was roaches

There was roaches

Check out and check in was very quick and easy .

Check out and check in was very quick and easy .. love the fact that it has a subway on site made it very easy for dinner... very clean as well

Relaxing and peaceful

Parking. Somewhat limited

Very quiet. Loved my room.

Nice clean motel

Nice clean motel

Washing machine not working. Staff not interested in directing us to a launderette.

Poor breakfast and unwelcomed and unfriendly staff.

Poor breakfast and unwelcomed and unfriendly staff.

Clean room is nice for a night stay

I didn’t see any Breakfast except coffee and a piece a bread the ad say breakfast included ;(

Clean room is nice for a night stay

Too noisy over weekend

Too noisy over weekend

It was quiet at night but still not a good area and staff is blah!

The area, the low on towels, the phone not working.

Cable was nice to have

I would never go back or recommend.

Rude staff. Unsafe. Tv and phone didn't work.

Nothing. Avoid!

Great 👍🏽

All was well

The quiet & comfort of the hotel

It was clean and in good location.

When someone offers breakfast, I imagine more than two coffe machines and one pastry kind.

It was clean and in good location.

Braekfast

I like the comfortable beds and the cleaniness

I did not like all the noise early in the morning the lawn service were there before eight am

I like the comfortable beds and the cleaniness

It was clean and close to where I was going.

The sink clogged up.

It was clean and close to where I was going.

A very pleasent & nice stay

And extra soda machine would have been nice

Very quiet and restful place

Nice room for money

Bathroom appeared to have mold. Fixtures bad for shower.

Nice room for money

Coffee

breakfast was a joke, and the maid service was horrible when...

breakfast was a joke, and the maid service was horrible when asking for new towels

Never again

Roaches crawling everywhere!

It was very dirty and smelled horrible!

It was very dirty and smelled horrible!

It was ok could’ve been better

Them saying there was breakfast and it wasn’t

The bed

It was nice and comfortable.

The sink was clogged and the bathroom door wouldn’t shut right because the door was hung wrong.

It was nice and comfortable.

Should have been way cheaper for location and amenities

Horrible area. Said free breakfast all it was was a.biscuit and juice

Bed was comfortable. A.c. unit worked good.

Convenient and reasonable

Convenient and reasonable

I arrived a little after 11 pm, in bed by midnight and up at 4:40am. Rest was Good

quiet area in downtown

Liked the plantation shutters.

Liked the plantation shutters.

Reasonable Rate

Value

The free breakfast is too simple

The free breakfast is too simple

Was ok ended stay for 4 days

Cockroaches and having to pay 100.$ deposit regardless of booking

Location to hospitsl and the courtyard

Suited our needs. Staff very accommodating as we made a wrong booking date

n/a