Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn Holbrook 2 stars

#14 of 14 hotels in Holbrook

6.1

5.6

5.6

Rooms were extra small and crowded, very run down place, sketchy part of town, super small breakfast at Mexican restaurant next door for free, not enough towels in room, doors did not close correctly, would never stay here again, loud refrigerator and AC units in rooms.

The floor was dirty. The paint job left a lot to be desired. Difficult to work the air conditioner. There was no non slip pad in the bathtub. The ad said it included breakfast but the place they gave us vouchers for didn’t open until 7:00am. We are always on the road by then. The ad said the price was $42.00. They charged us $57.75, big difference.

Refrigerator, microwave and blo dryer. Cable TV was nice.

for the price the room seemed fine. They accept pets here and we heard barking from other rooms, A train passes through Holbrook every 15 minutes and blows its horn for the intersection. All this would have been bearable until we found 3 live ticks in our bed! That was it for us, forget the free breakfast, we just packed up and left.

location was good, on main street with easy access to I-40

Out of coffee, saggy mattresses, must hold handle to flush toilet, poor lighting, noisy fridge and heater, floor planks lifting for tripping hazard.

Has fridge and microwave

Very inexpensive motel on Route 66; we found the rooms comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The structure is indeed a bit old but it offers excellent value for money and we considered it perfectly suited for our short stay in Holbrook. Very reasonable breakfast included in restaurant opposite.

Hotel was being remodeled, curtains wouldn't close all the way. Good thing I had a big hair clip... lol

Convenience to restaurants and location of our destination. Staff friendly and cooperative.

One of the bed lamps was gone. The door felt flimsy with a door chain that came out of the track with no force. Every time someone went up the stairs, our door moved. We could hear someone pacing in the room above us.

Location off the interstate was great and the guy at the front desk was awesome.

The room looked like it had been remodeled by someone who really wanted to make an improvement, but didn't have the skills, tools, or any money to spend. The bathroom fixtures looked like 1970s and leaked loudly all night, the tub was cracked and badly, but functionally, repaired. The heater/ AC unit was mounted so high on the wall that I had to stand on a chair to turn it on or adjust the temperature (I'm over 6ft tall). With no smoking inside, the stairs and parking area were littered with butts and other trash.

The staff was polite, friendly and helpful. It was fairly clean inside the room. Plenty of hot water. Convenient location, good breakfast. Small fridge and microwave provided. No smoking in any of the rooms.

Nothing worked changed rooms 3 times and it was still that bad the shower/bath was gross and I couldn’t physically bring myself to get into it couldn’t wait for morning so we could leave

Nothing it was terrible

• Double Room (4 Adults)

The shower not tall enough I am 5-7 and had to bend my knees to get under the shower head. I paid for four guest and only got two towels for the shower the blankets too thin for the season.

The floor of the bathroom was real dirty. Then, there was just a thin sheet for the bed, the heating system was very loud and not really really up to the task. Fortunately, we had our camping equipment with us.

The breakfast in the neighboring restaurant was above expectations and the waitress was friendly and responsive.

Served breakfast (eggs and bacon) at the restaurant next door. Liked having a small refrigerator in the room. Plenty of electrical outlets for hooking up electronic devices.

The fact when I sat down on my king size bed and it fell apart and the heater in the room we cranked up to 86 and it was cold inside at a 19-degree morning then we got up not even worth the money I will make sure they comp my room for the night

There wasn't anything to like about this property

The restaurant had no vegetarian options and the waitress laughed when I asked for them. It was a cheap meal not healthy, the coffee was in Styrofoam. The room looked nothing like the picture.

I did not like the room or the false advertising of the room

The outside needs to be free of loose trash . The Tv needs updated. The sign outside needs to look appealing and readable.

It was spacious . Love the frig and microwave and coffe in the room .

Noisy heater which was impossible to keep on over night. The fridge seemed very old. Overall very dated and in need of modrnisation.

Ideal location for route 66 and close to lots of restaurants. Free WiFi.

Water pipes creaked all night. I asked for clean towels on both nights. The towels looked like they had been used as rags. Drawers were very dirty. The busy railroad nearby made the train sound like it was passing through our room‼︎

Parking

The room was not clean. I cleaned up a spill on the refrigerator and mopped the floor as my feet were getting dirty walking on it. As another person said the pipes clanked.

It was cheap and not scary. The staff person tried to be helpful.

DIRTY!! Airconditioner had not been cleaned...maybe ever. Towels were worn and discolored. Lock on door falling off, the list of BAD could go on but not enough room. Terrible place!!!

Absolutely nothing

Other residents a little questionable so was neighbourhood but got the room for a good price.

Parking easy. Room clean enough. WIFI worked. Good enough for an overnight stay.

This was an older motel & a bit Ron down but great for the price.

That staff was friendly. The price was good. The room was clean. There was an iron & a coffee pot in the room. The room smelled ok.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

The noisy air conditioner, thin walls/ceilings and hearing ??? that I'd rather not hear. The proximity to the railroad tracks and hearing multiple trains run. Then the alarm I did not set went off at 3:10a.m.

• Double Room (4 Adults)

broken down - wooden windows not sure of security - toilet held up by coffee cup - toilet door didn't shut - breakfast at the diner was minimal and very basic

easy access from highway and cheap - but got what I paid for - beds were clean and room was clean - personnel was pleasant

The manager!!!! He was very rude and unprofessional!! My magnetic key doesn't work t 11:30 pm. The reception was closed so I need to knock on his house. He shout out me and closed the Dior without ask me what was the problem! After some minutes his daughter help me and gave me a new key.but he was very rude!!!

The receptionist was helpful and very nice with me

Exterior needs a lot of work. Looks like they are working on it now - but they have a long way to go.

The "free breakfast" was actually at the restaurant next door - and gave us a choice of 5 things. That was nice.

• Double Room (4 Adults)

They checked us into an dirty room...they changed us to a different room that was also dirty(dirty tub, towels, there was a bug on the bare mattress)...my sister in law also received a dirty room. We were able to get refunded by management wouldn't come out and apologize.

Trash outside door; crack in bottom of tub; no drain stopper in tub (lucky I didn't want to take bath); coffee-maker in room didn't work; towels so thin needed two to get dry after shower. Free hot breakfast consisted on two eggs and one small piece of bacon and coffee (nothing more). Took 15 minutes to check in by clerk. No housekeeping by 3:45 next day so I skipped my second paid night and left.

Bed was ok; air conditioner fine

• Double Room (4 Adults)

The shower was filthy and falling apart. The front door was broken and didn't close properly allowing a gap to the outside. The sink smelled horrible. My husband and daughter were bit in their sleep and I woke up with a huge cockroach climbing on my arm. We couldn't even brush our teeth bc the water was disgusting. Other travelers had problems too from the door being stuck and not even being able to get in their rooms to another guest whose water barely came on and then wouldn't shut off!

It is an old place - towels, shower, TV.... need to be replaced, loud AC.

The location was close to the Petrified Forest - our main purpose. Friendly people.

• Double Room (4 Adults)

Basic maintenance issues: the toilet moved, towel racks were coming out of the walls. The refrigerator was plugged into an extension cord that was wrapped around a towel rack. Breakfast was a joke, I got one piece of French toast and one piece of bacon, and the breakfast staff was very unfriendly. We will not stay here again.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The matress is nearing the end of it's useful life.

Friendly and competent desk personel. Facility is a bit long of tooth but is clean and comfortable. The resturant next door offers actual breadfast rather than the rolls and coffee one finds in most economical motels.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

I was traveling alone and it felt completely unsafe. At 11pm someone jiggled my door handle like they were trying to get in. The view from my window was a broken down Hotel across the way---I wouldn't stay here again.

Once you got in the room it was clean and well put together.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

At that price I didn't expect luxury so no disappointments.

Lady at desk in evening was excellent. Older motel but clean and repainted. Door locks replaced with card key for deadbolt on steel plate so felt very safe.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

The room was clean but our shoes stuck to the floor, so a mopping was in order.

eggs without toast? $1.00 for 2 slices dry came without butter. She commented 'oh, you want butter on your toast :( no decaf coffee. free was good but would not go to that café if it wasn't

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Double Room (4 Adults)

just old, not very welcoming. Probably would not stay here again.

Room very dated, peeling paint, very tired furniture, single coffee maker, mini fridge, microwave, bed was good, shower difficult and hot water slow.

Too noisy. I could hear everything from surrounding units and starting at 5am the train horn every 30 minutes.

The free breakfast the next day was nice.

TV was dated in a large TV cabinet with doors - however it had a freeview box with enough choice. Was quite a cold night - could have done with a bit more bed covers/ blankets

Very nice lady welcomed us - simple check in. Issued us with a breakfast voucher for the small Mexican diner next door. Issued with a GF room as requested Lots of extras in room Wi-fi speed good Very centrally located

Dirty, the sink had dried fluid that looked like blood. The towels were stained. The walls were stained with nasty dried fluid as well.

Staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The restaurant is Mexican, so there was no sugar-free syrup and while coffer is free, tea is not. Decent food, though. The room towels are a bit thin. Everything else is great!

Excellent value. The price was terrific. Breakfast at the restaurant in the same parking lot is included.

Might be time to upgrade that tv, haven't seen a tube type tv in a room in a long time. Remote worked and nice selection of channels though.

The free breakfast was better than most continental breakfasts normally found in a motel. The restaurant food was very good even if the free breakfast was small. The motel is very old but well maintained. Bed was new and comfortable. This is an old school doors outside motel but served its purpose perfectly. Staff was especially friendly. A perfect quick place to sleep before furthering the road trip

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

The room was freezing and the heater didn't work properly. Froze the whole night!

Staff were very friendly. Location is good. It's a really small town

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

The room was run down. The lock was screwed into abroken door frame. Thr bathroom was tiny. The photos didn't represent what we encountered. What was billed as a hot breakfast turned out to be very basic with the rest such as toast a la carte.

Bedding and room was clean

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Very old hotel and needs to be completely remodeled. I left at 2AM just because I was not comfortable enough to stay. It appears they are updating a couple of the rooms but they were not even close to ready.

Close to freeway. Thats about it.

It stunk of dampness, mould and was grotty and needed maintenance badly. Free breakfast supposed to be included but the chef was running over 30 minutes late and we needed to leave so we missed out on the breakfast.

Nothing - absolutely horrible place.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

The place as filthy, and the ceiling was falling in, the bed wasn't covered instead of a fitted sheet it just had a flat sheet laying over bare mattress that wasn't big enough to cover mattress. the door wouldn't shut right so it wouldn't lock. a very bad experience with a man asking for money and cigarettes in the parking lot.

they had a decent wifi connection

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

No Handicap Parking at restaurant, hundreds of cigarettes butts outside. Carpet dirty, chairs dirty, 1980's TV cable couldn't see the picture...we both were waken by sounds of rats, or mice, but saw any. No Roaches... The free hot breakfast is a joke, more like a kids meal, but less desirable.. motorcycle park on sidewalk next to rooms..Loud!

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Peeling paint, door wouldn't lock, walls so thin we heard next door person unzip his suitcase, when person overhead walked dust flew down on us, pipes leaked, tub rusted and stained, chair had huge blood stain on seat, "hot breakfast" was voucher to Mexican restaurant next door which wasn't open when we left at 7:45 AM, trains went by every 15-20 minutes all night, air conditioner was window unit mounted over bathroom sink blowing down on our pillows and so loud we couldn't run it, carpet worn, torn and badly stained, towels very small, see thru thin and sandpaper rough! Toilet paper roll was mounted behind toilet. Horible place!!!!!!

Absolutely NOTHING!!!!!!! Shame on you for posting pictures that looked like a decent place to stay!!!!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Double Room (4 Adults)

The room was dirty. Things were falling apart. The toilet moved. A hot breakfast was included but after saying that it was only certain things so if you wanted bacon and eggs you had to pay; false advertising.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The carpet needed better cleaning. I do not mind the motel being old but it had to be clean.

The location is good. Right on the highway. It is still good value although it is a very outdated motel.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

the bathroom wasn't in best condition, but that was the only 'negative' point

nice bed, super friendly staff, perfect location the room was clean delicious breakfast and a nice, gentle waiter

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Seedy feeling. Cigarette burns in duvet. No carpet. Rickety stairs.

Location and price - you get what you pay for and in this instance you don't get much.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Every thing. Room was a step back to the 1950's. Old worn carpet, peeling paint in bathroom( toilet and shower). Was not anything CLOSE to the chain website pictures and comments .Would not recommend this location to anyone.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Double Room (4 Adults)

Run down. Old Hotel. Only book here if your plan is to go to bed late and get up early. You don't want to spend time here. Super gross breakfast at dive diner that will treat you like a bag of garbage if they know you are from the hotel.

Cheap. Cheap. Cheap. Nice? Nope Clean? Ahh not bad Good Breakfast? Nope Newer Renovation? Nope Cheap? Yep Close to The fairgrounds? Yep

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Double Room (4 Adults)

The area seemed a bit rough, this motel is right next to a derelict motel, and another motel that housed a fair bit of drug use. The room didn't feel secure, so we couldn't leave our stuff there when we were out.

The lady on reception was freindly.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Breakfast was supposed to be at 6:30, but when I left at 7 it still wasn't ready. There were mattresses and bed stands lying around outside. The exterior was in poor condition, as was the interior.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

The older desk man wasn't very personable.

The room was very clean. Was a little leery of location at first glance but found it to be better than expected. Enjoyed taking a walk around and seeing the area.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Double Room (4 Adults)

There was a tub of opened and very dirty patroleum jelly in one of the drawers, and the toilet needed a good 15 minute rest between flushes or it wouldn't go down.

Staff were super helpful, even let us come back to search the room for a lost ring. The wifi was also amazing, and the breakfast was delicious. We had a very restful evening here.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

The room had an unpleasant odor. The key card did not work. The ice room was dark with no obvious light switch.

Not much to like. The morning waitress was friendly. The two desk clerks were courteous.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

TV needs upgraded. Picture too dark and if it was a night scene on the show you couldn't see picture at all. Breakfast left alot to be desired

Was comfortable for the price

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

My room smelled like someone had used the restroom in it before I checked in. I had to leave the door open for over an hour to get the smell out.

The AC was cold, but very loud.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Double Room (4 Adults)

Mini frig did not work. Room very small. Microwave did not work.worst air conditioning did not work. Clerk had no extra pillows.

The beds were clean and soft.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Series of problems which caused increasing irritation with the staff. Fridge not plugged in (incorrect extension cord), fridge poorly functioning. room service missing one day, breakfast included but very poor standard. Compared with a similarly named institution in Merced - disappointing.

Reasonable price which they extended over weekend

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Upon check-in, they gave us keys to an already occupied room. Embarrasing! The alternate room had a deadbolt that didn't work. 15 minutes after checkin, there were 2 police cars in the lot... chasing down somebody for something. Bathtub and sink were filthy dirty.

Location was good for us. Beds were very comfortable. Checkin girl was very pleasant. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

Old facilities. Staff used extension cords to power appliances. Tube was badly stained. The advertised hot breakfast was from a very limited menu from a restaurant across the parking lot. The portions were insufficient. Both buildings are in desperate need of renovations. The hotel may actually violate safety standards. Also once reservation is made there are no refunds.

It was close to the petrified forest

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Not sure cleaning got done.. Legit food stain on sheets, hair on the pillows, shower, sink, etc...

Girl up front was VERY friendly, cost is affordable with all the right basic needs covered

ice machine wasn't working

breakfast was good. Ample nearby restaurants

Safety getting in and out of shower. No extra blankets. Breakfast too late in morning.

Location and staff

Weak breakfast, desk clerk not real friendly

OK for a quick stop

Bathroom

Bed sheets were stained,looked dirty room. Matressses were uncomfortable too.

very small tub

location to route 66

there was nothing wrong. helped when needed.

friendly staff, clean, helpful.

nasty, dirty old motel, no wonder they don't put a picture, towels under the door to keep bugs out, walkway carpets were nasty

Rooms are dirty. Untidy. No elevator. Poor free breakfast.

Parking is free