Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn - Milpitas 2 stars

485 South Main Street, Milpitas, CA 95035, USA

#14 of 19 hotels in Milpitas

• Standard Queen Room

the"Continental" breakfast is a joke, only some coffee, sugary juice and sweet bun Beds are way too high Corridors are dirty

Room was clean

• Standard Queen Room

When I arrived to make my check in at night about 7:30 PM, there was homeless people in the hotel property. After lifting my stuff in the room I went out for dinner and when I came back the police was there inspecting a car in the hotel park lot. After that the car was Towned away, and there was people shouting bad words. It defenly don't worth the price that they charge

The room was comfortable and was clean.

• Standard Queen Room

It was not very clean (hairs in the bathroom) and the check-in was a joke with a whole group checking in and discussing issues that seem very unclear. But it was preventing anyone from checking in and at 10pm, the only thing you want is your key, as fast as possible. Terrible experience Poor breakfast

Not much

• Standard Queen Room

The outside of the property is dirty and run down. If my wife was traveling with me she never would have agreed to stay there from the outside appearance

The inside of the room was clean, bed was comfortable

• Standard Queen Room

Bathroom fan SUPER LOUD, Microwave too low and tight walkway between appliances and foot of bed

Your bed n pillows comfortable, lamps with USB, refrigerator. Microwave All was clean

• Double Queen Room

Although quite expensive, this was a fairly low quality accommodation; clean, safe and comfortable, yes, but not not very attractive, and with almost no facilities.

• Standard Queen Room

Parking was very limited. One night I could night find a spot at the hotel and had to park elsewhere. There was construction next door and I think all the workers were staying at the hotel. They were very loud in the parking lot and the large trucks cause parking issues.

• Double Queen Room

Breakfast? No. They said there was breakfast, so we rushed down. It turned out to be a wrapped honeybun. Really? I didn’t like that the shower and soap were in containers hooked onto the wall with a pump. No conditioner.

Room was clean and comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room

The parking lot's extremely tight. When parking lot is full you can't even get in or out of your vehicle without doing yoga to get in and your car door still hits the car next to you.

Appears they've been recently remodeled. The Finish with which they pick are nice. The refrigerator and microwave was a true convenience. Made stop courteous and thorough. Overnight there's always somebody in the office.

• Standard Queen Room

The pillows are small. More like half a pillow. And only two. So two halves really is just one

I like that the room is telatovely clean. They remodeled them i think.

• Double Queen Room

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at. "Contintental breakfast' was a packaged donut and juice machine. Put next to a room where plumbers worked ALL night and for the next two days. Toilet would not flush, bathtub would not drain. Two incidents where police were called to the parking lot. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Standard Queen Room

They need to clean the parking lot stairs and walkways. They are sticky.

I liked that the rooms had microwave refrigerator WiFi these are much appreciated. Room was clean and remodeled.

• Standard Queen Room

I ask staff to give me towel ,,i felt that his mad at me and he ask they dont have towel there ..and i told. Thats why i came down here to ask and after that his face just like whatever ..the coffee machice is not clean theres stl a left over when we came there the room we had smell what ever .. the sink stl has a lots of hair ..i think nobody clean that room

• Standard Queen Room

I preferred paying with cash at check-in, but when got there they already charged on my credit card; booking.com stated that "you will not be charged"! but they did! who authorized? Booking.com?

• Double Queen Room

Not much selection for restaurants nearby, mostly Asian and Indian cuisine...you have to drive a bit for more variety.

Very convenient location close to the airport, decent rooms for a good price

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room

People boozing/smoking outside their rooms. Though I wasn't bothered by anyone, this would give a wrong picture to those who come to stay here for the first time.

Thanks for the complimentary breakfasts.

• Standard Queen Room

Parking spots are very small. When I left the other car on my left was so close I had to enter my car on the passenger side. I am sure people thought that was funny. You have to have enough room in these spots to be able to get into your car!

very comfortable bed. Would love to have it at home

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room

The staff were rude, the rooms were not clean and you can tell that hotel had "working woman". I will never stay there again.

I didn't like anything

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room

no place to hang clothes, noisy, window coverings are not able to block outside lights so was hard to sleep

Was clean, considering how expensive every place is price was fine

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room

The breakfast should have more than orange juice and danishes add apple juice and grape juice and maybe donuts. The room on the other hand was shocking we found 1 wolf spider in our room and a web sack in our room and plus the bed sheets are SOO thin so it gets pretty cold at night

The layout was good and nice housekeepers

• Double Queen Room

Should offer grab n go breakfast with coffie. N dough nuts you should offer cable channels or hbo

Beds are comfortable i like fluffy pillows roons should have plug in air fresheners

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The dressers are about the only issue I've had here. Most of them don't open well.

I've stayed here several times, and they always understand when I manage to sleep right through check out time.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Bed sheets and blanket were cheap and blanket was wafer thin.

God value for money - next available hotel in the area was >>$300/night. Decent location. Clean room. Surprisingly quiet.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Homeless people were defecating on the steps in the night. A bug bit my wife in the bed. Ants were trying to carry away our overnight things... lots of ants especially around the sink area. Asked the manager to spray for the second night . Just a few ants the second night. We did not have food in the room. There was no real breakfast - coffee and a few breakfast rolls - we skipped it. Parking is very tight - may be non-existent sometimes. Manager tried to get me to commit to the second night without paying at risk of losing my money if I couldn't get back in time. I went ahead and booked the second night as he didn't want to let me out of the commitment after cutting down from 4 nights when I saw the condition of the place. I suggest staying somewhere else.

The price was fair for the area. The Mexican Maid was exceptionally hard working to rush the cleaning of our room as it was not ready at evening check in. We gave her a nice tip.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Key to room had deactivated upon return from dinner. Computer system at front desk was slow to find our name to resolve the issue...

Staff at front desk took time to understand an issue with receipt in a timely manner. Thank you again.!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Room we were in did not have curtains and the light really bothered. In the future i would like to be able to sleep in a room with black out curtains!!!

Overall everything was good

• Double Queen Room

Didn't get housekeeping everyday. Our towels were taken and not replaced. The toilet ws clogged up when we got there and we had to unclog it ourselves.

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Where to start? When we first got there, the cashier put us in a room where someone already was. He said the maid probably just forgot to clean it, but the room was definitely occupied, the TV was on, luggage bags, food etc. Luckily no one was in there when we entered because that would have been awkward. I also wanted to mention that they put us on the 3rd floor, no elevator, and I was in a full leg boot and crutches. When we got out next room (1st floor this time), there were ants everywhere! Going from the bathroom to the vanity, in the tub, Gross! And if that wasn't bad enough, the sink/bathroom area had motion censored lights that kept turning on in the middle of the night. It drove me insane because I cannot sleep with lights on. The bed was hard, pillows were stiff. Their "complimentary breakfast" included juice and some weird, old looking pastry things. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

Pretty much nothis except for the fact that it was close to the great mall.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The staff was unfriendly and not helpful. The rooms were dirty - and not cleaned during stay of two nights! Ants in room! Other guests were smoking weed all time. Cops coming around in middle of night. Lots of prostitutes in other rooms. Breakfast was a bad joke - just bad coffee and cinnamon rolls. Other male guest was trying to enter our room, thinking my girlfriend was a prostitute. Holes in wall.

Hard to say. At least Beds were clean. That's it.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The outsidea was dirty with trash in the stair case and walkways. It looked dirty and sleazy but I was thankful the room was clean. Also, they only had two pillows, one hard as a rock and the other was out of shape full of lumps. They told me they didn't have extra pillows. And the bed was too firm, it hurt my hips. Oh, and the first picture in Booking .com does not match this location, deceiving.

Room was clean and modern

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Standard Queen Room

No place to hang clothes. Not enough parking spaces in their lot. I had to park on the street. No shampoo. Internet was spotty and slow.

Room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Double Queen Room

There was ants everywhere!!! And I mean EVERYWHERE, the sink, the shower, countertops, couch, table, and last but not least on the beds....the ants kept waking us up throughout the night because they would crawl in the arms and face...I think I can still feel ants in my pants.....the coffee pot in the room was dirtying...there was no breakfast, just a honey bun, some kind of weak coffee and orange juice. Most of the staff is not courteous, some of them don't even acknowledge you. I learned that you get what you pay for....I didn't wanna believe the reviews and experienced it for myself. I hope this helps someone, please do your research and take the reviews seriously. Whatever hotel you end up choosing I hope you have a nice stay. I definitely will not go back to this hotel.

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable there was cable TV and wifi.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double Queen Room

The area is super sketchy ar night. Parties, drugs and drinking going on at night in the motel. Smashed bottles in the parking lot in the morning. Room stank of smoke. Not super clean. Small room, rather cramped. We asked for more towels and no one came. Best price we could find near the airport but would not stay here again. Old, needs rennovations.

Location was not far from San Jose airport. Room had a fridge and microwave.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

The bed is a bit tall.

Everything was great for the price we paid! The rooms looked very nice for the price. Great value, great location, we enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Double Queen Room

The receptionist clearly cannot communicate with the guests, perhaps because he does not like his job. A smile cannot hurt!

The room was nice and clean!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

See above

I just stayed barely 24 hours so just basically slept, got ready and left but it was perfect for what I needed. Front desk person could have been more helpful and friendly but maybe that's just his personality. I did however have to call and then make another trip to the desk to get my wifi password.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Double Queen Room

Rooms were hot. A/C was inconsistent. Had to check in thru a window. Breakfast was a packaged donut. Bad coffee

bed was comfortable. A/C was strong

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double Queen Room

Ants, stains on linens, dirty walkways, tennents screaming and fighting in the middle of the night. Probably not real safe for me.

Nice decor. Easy to find.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Smokers smoking on the balcony. Noise Bad parking Would not recommend for kids. No amenities

Affordable and adequate accommodations. Good for a quick overnight on businesses...passing through on a budget

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

I was really looking forward to a warm breakfast, but all that was really offered was cinnamon rolls and coffe.

The comfort of our room and bed was amazing.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Double Queen Room

The breakfast was not good at all. It was just dollar store brand honey buns and orange juice. The hotel was overran with homeless people in the morning. wandering backpackers, etc. One homeless man literally raided the breakfast stand and stole four boxes of honey buns. Really small parking lot, we had to park our car down the street because there was no room.

The hotel was quiet during the night and close to where we needed to go.

• Double Queen Room

GOOD BREAKFAST ¡ PARKING LOT EXCELLENT ¡ THANKS FOR KEEPING OUR LUGGAGE FOR A FEW HOURS ¡¡

• Standard Queen Room

The room had a awful odor the pillows were very uncomfortable,

Norhing

• Double Queen Room

No towels available and when the front desk was asked we were told to look for the housekeeper

• Double Queen Room

Perfect!! Nice people and comfortable stay for a great price!

• Standard Queen Room

The office staff did not know of our special request.

Comfortable bed.

• Standard Queen Room

People hanging around steps(looked homeless). People on balcony drinking and loud.

The bed

• Standard Queen Room

airconditioner is too loud.

• Standard Queen Room

Have to improve the breakfast, which is I didn’t use.

No breakfast

Price $$

• Standard Queen Room

it is the worst breakfast i have ever had in my life.

• Standard Queen Room

WIFI is poor and can not believe it is in US!

The location is convenient, the breakfast is poor. The room is clean, staff is nice.

• Standard Queen Room

neighboring room was so noisy. no breakfast served. felt so uncomfortable and they didnt agree for refund at all.

• Double Queen Room

the light is little less nd nd rooms are open to the main road, we didnt like that

i like the location nd cooperative staffs.

• Standard Queen Room

Poor WiFi connection- WiFi gets disconnected repeatedly No kitchen available in hotel No proper complementary breakfast.

• Standard Queen Room

Poor breakfast and slightly over cost

Good ambience and front desk staff and good room cleanliness

• Standard Queen Room

I was completely satisfied. I'll be staying there again.

• Standard Queen Room

The scheduled cleaning of the room and fresh towels.

• Standard Queen Room

The room was very cramped, poor layout of bed to refrigerator.

• Standard Queen Room

The beds are quite high. I am only 5' tall. Very difficult to climb into/onto the bed.

• Standard Queen Room

The wifi didn't work, the lamp in room was blinking. The location seems not be very safe. I ended up check out early and stay with a friend.

Ants in my room.

• Double Queen Room

The bed was to high. I had hard time getting on. I'm 4'7"

Breakfast.

• Double Queen Room

Telling breakfast inkluded was a total lie. There is no even a sitdown place at all.leave alon a breakfast.

There was no breakfat. It was a jock.

• Standard Queen Room

Fridge didn't work for a few days. Took them 3 days to replace it.

Nice size room. Updated somewhat.

• Standard Queen Room

Internet sucks. Watching netflix was akin to slicing my wrists.

Free orange juice and apple juice only. No breakfast items, not even bagels

• Double Queen Room

The room had ants on beds, bathroom, we wasn't happy at all 😖

• Double Queen Room

We loved the fact that it had easy Access to stores, restaurants , and freeways. Along with Jacuzzi tub mini fridge and microwave.

• Double Queen Room

I really enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub, mini fridge and microwave.

• Double Queen Room

Ant problem, & house cleaning skipped our room a couple times.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

No proper place to keep clothes. Only 5 hangers available

Convenient, value for money

• Standard Queen Room

Ants in the bathroom. no kleneex in room no instructions on communicating with the front desk.

Clean and comfy beds