Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn San Francisco/Pacifica 2 stars

2160 Francisco Boulevard, Pacifica, CA 94044, USA

#7 of 7 hotels in Pacifica

A one night stop over booked to be close to SF International, wouldn't have wished to stay longer

A friendlier more welcoming receptionist would have been welcome and although the motel was fine the sea front area is run down and was surprised at the nightly cost based on location. I guess its regarded as a holiday destination hence the price.

Good size room and a passable buffet breakfast however there were a lack of tables (only 2 with 2 seats) placed in the reception area

I find nothing but peace at the ocean!

The view. 🙁

Well I thought I booked a room with an ocean view and a kitchen only to find that I was booked in a double queen room with a micro and a fridge. ( no kitchen?) I booked what I thought was the aforementioned but got a street view with no kitchenette. So it was a little disappointing. The staff was friendly and the room was fine just not what we expected!

The location was great, the pier and the beach is walking...
    • Standard King Room

Wishing there were other facilities for the price you pay. Everything was mediocre.

The location was great, the pier and the beach is walking distance away. The town is super quite so it’s a good place for a get away. Rooms were clean. Bed was comfortable.

Managers and Staff very accomDating, the rooms were very clean and neat.
    • Standard King Room

The room was clean and larger than expected. The managers were extremely patient with us having to change our reservations twice. Managers were very pleasant. We would definitely stay there in the future and recommend the hotel

• Standard King Room

no real breakfast - we just got out own elsewhere

location is great its a couple blocks from beaches and close to a lot of amazing places to eat and see

Nice stay but need to stick to stated schedules

Breakfast was closed 30 minutes before stated closing time, should have let us know or found a solution

Rooms nice. One guy tried to help with breakfast problem some

The location was decent and the room was very clean.
    • Standard King Room

The breakfast was just cereal and pastries from a gas station. I expected a bit more for the price we paid to stay there. At the very least, oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs and fresh cut fruit would have been nice.

The location was decent and the room was very clean.

The Hotel Is Over Priced.

The tub was not clean, it had hair in it. The porcelain had a bad repair and was chipping. The staff was polite but not very accommodating.

It was just ok, could be much better for the price. There are no extras, no refreshments, no Jacuzzi or gym, nothing special.

Everything was good.

The bathroom was a little dirty, as you could see the dirt on the floor around the base boards. We had an incident that one of our party sat down on the toilet seat and it cracked in half in the front and pinched the skin of one of our guest. The office was informed and they were understanding but didn’t have anyone on call to fix it then. Other than that our short stay was good. For being the cheapest in the area you get what you pay for but it didn’t seem like a 160.00 worthy stay.

Everything was good. The room was big enough and fit comfortably for the 4 of us. The man managing was cool, our guest got a little loud at a point in time but the manager seemed understanding and we got it under control.

Beds were comfortable.

Rooms were dirty , dirty tub and old and chipping.. Wall were dirty , the head boards are dirty need wiped down. The room smelt like a camp fire smoke. It’s simple place that needs some renovation TLC.. I would have found another place and payed a bit more , to have something cleaner.?

Beds were comfortable. Close stay to the ocean.

Room was clean and comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

Breakfast leaved a little bit to be desired. There was hot water but no tea or hot chocolate. The whole place smelled like Curry from morning to night and I'm not a fan!

Room was clean and comfortable. Good location

Great place to stay in Pacifica.

Super clean. Super quiet. Well maintained. Comfy beds. Wi-fi and TV worked well. Easy on-site parking. Efficient and friendly check-in/out. No problems at all.

6.0
    Its ok, if something else had been available, I would have stayed there for my reunion instead.

They offer breakfast. Just coffee and toast and cold cereal, That is not breakfast !!!!

The beds were comfortable. It was close to where my son an I were going

Nice place for a stopover or a few days close to the beach...
    • Standard King Room

Nice place for a stopover or a few days close to the beach and the sea. Good internet and cable-TV. Simple but ok breakfast. Staff very helpful and nice. We enjoyed our stay and wouldn’t mind returning.

Computer chair in the room was non functioning.
    • Standard King Room

Computer chair in the room was non functioning. Standing water in the bath tub during a shower. No place to sit outside-a few outside chairs would have been nice. Breakfast served too late for us and I asked for a roll to have in the morning. It could have been given to me with a smile instead of acting like it was too much work.

Good for price excellent location for us beach is a block away too. Walking distance. Nice area.
    • Standard King Room

Smoking smell and traffic noise.

Rooms are on hwy 1 so loud with traffic all night and day. Rooms were updated and comfortable. They allow smoking outside of building but girst floor coming in still smelled of cigarettes.

There is a lingering smell in the hotel that made me...

There is a lingering smell in the hotel that made me nasusaus. Not food and I'm not sure what it was/is. It always smells that way when we stay there

Good but I need housekeeping after 12 pm often.
    • Standard King Room

Housekeeping only until 12 and they don't tell you that upfront. They charge for the entire stay when you check in.

Owners anxious to please. Reasonable price. Great hot water for showers.

Comfortable and clean room. Not fancy, but we enjoyed our brief stay and will return again.
    • Standard King Room

Parking was extremely limited when we came back late from a Giants baseball game. We did get a spot, but it was very difficult to squeeze into.

Loved the large kitchen/dining area although we only stayed 1 night and didn't use it.

Great accommodations for the San Francisco area.

The bathroom could use some improvement.

The motel offered a nice breakfast with coffee and orange juice. The elevator was not real dependable. The registration process was fine. It was difficult locating the motel and getting to the registration area. As a results of missing the entrance to the motel, we had to drive quite a bit extra. The signage could be better.

Beach is in walking distance from the hotel

For being a hotel by the beach you think they would expect sand in the shower/bathtub. Maybe put a small broom and dustpan in the room so you can clean out the sand instead of charging $150.00 for cleaning up sand! I rented 2 rooms so they charged me $300.00 to clean 2 tubs and said it was damaged.

Beach is in walking distance from the hotel

fairly comfortable stay, but not really worth the price
    • Two Queen Beds Kitchenette Room

the microwave was dirty and during my stay the staff came in and took my towels without replacing them. Also there were no dishes for the kitchen, so it was rather pointless to have.

liked the room size and the breakfast was good

Nice room
    • Standard King Room

The continental breakfast was bare bones. Basically 1 kind of toast, packaged Danish and cereal. Not even creamer for coffee-just the powdered stuff. We ended up going to a coffee shop for breakfast.

The room was very nice and very clean. Spacious and comfortable. Only 2 blocks from beach and pier

Probably the best value for Pacifica.
    • Standard King Room

Half of the rooms are on the side next to the freeway and the traffic is very noisy. The breakfast area is right where you check in in the little lobby and they keep the door open in the morning so it is too cold to eat at one of the two very small tables there so we eat in our room but there is no table. The washer was broken so we could not do our laundry easily and the elevator would only work sometimes to get us to the third floor so we just walked up the stairs instead (which was fine if we weren't carrying a lot of things.

It was close to my relative's house and the least expensive for a decent hotel in the area. The management is helpful here. It is easily to get to the BART in Daly City and also to the highway to drive into SAN Francisco. Their web site makes you think this is in the "heart of SAN Francisco" but it is a drive or longish Bart ride to get there.

I loved it!
    • Standard King Room

Wish it had been a little closer to the ocean but I could see it from the 3rd floor.

I got Room 307 which was a Home Office and I loved it. A nice desk, lots of room, microwave, frig. Will specifically ask for this room next time. I could see the ocean but it was 2 blocks away. My room was very quiet, I didn't hear any noise. The a/c worked great.

Great bang for my buck!
    • Two Queen Beds Kitchenette Room

The continental breakfast was very small, danishes and toast, with fruit and cereal. The juice was just water so I let the front staff know. But the hotel was inexpensive so I didn't mind it.

This was walking distance to the beach, and I couldn't hear the cars on the highway! I loved hearing the ocean waves out the window. Best value for my money. The kitchenette was clean and spacious. The AC worked great. I thought I picked the perfect spot!

TV and WiFi.

So, I went online to checked the reviews about this place. They said that there's hairs on the bed. I didn't believe it at first. So,we still went ahead and booked this place (July 01-02 2017) since it was cheaper than the other hotel. And we did paid $202 for one night. Since we got 2 kids, the room we got: 2 beds with a kitchen. Anyway, my significant other is too tired since he worked all day. Took his shower and passed out on the other bed with my kids. I was getting ready to take my shower last night, I decided to see the bed myself. (to see is to believe) So, I'm appalled of what I saw! Freaking disgusting! Lots of hairs on the bed. And it wasn't my hair! I went to the lobby and complained about it! The guy ( I didn't get his name. Since his not wearing a name tag) said, he will give me a refund but we have to leave the place! I told him, I don't want a refund. I just wanted a new bed sheets! He said no! I walked away since it's 10 at night, and I have 2 small kids with me. Customer service, very dissapointed! If you ever want to spend the night at this place, bring your own bed sheets or don't stay at all!! And breakfast, they only served cereal, toast bread and coffee/Juice!

TV and WiFi.

Wonderful place to relax!
    • Standard King Room

Not many restaurants in walking distances.

LOVED IT!!!!!! Very spacious, with microwave & frig. King size bed & oversized chair. View wasn't great but was 5 minute walk to ocean. Beautiful place to walk along beach and hills. At the top of the hill we actually got to see whales swimming along the shore. Only 20 minutes from downtown San Francisco. Very friendly people in neighborhood & very quiet.

Good value for your money

Bed was slightly uncomfortable, not a pillow top mattress

Nice hotel, clean, friendly staff, parking is limit, but we were able to get a spot each day.

Great room
    • Two Queen Beds Kitchenette Room

Beds are hard as a rock, I loved the room but slept horrible.

Very roomy and clean, there was an actual kitchen w stove that was a wonderful surprise. Very well kept.

Really nice place to stay.
    • Two Queen Beds Kitchenette Room

Only thing that wasn't up to par; the iron was broken. (I forgot to mention to the clerk when checking out. Oops.)

Nice, clean, well decorated room. Our room was very spacious!

Non-existent guest service; small, okay room with inadequate amenities; "breakfast" included

- LAUNDRY is located outdoors in back of building; and I think I saw the ice machine next to the washer; - OUTLETS: No USB port at all and even traditional outlets were scarce; - NOISE: We could hear traffic the whole night even with window closed; - No clear signs for PARKING; guests who arrived late had to park on the street out front; we were told the hotel would not be responsible for car if parked outside! - BREAKFAST was a joke: (see photo) a 5 feet spread of toast and cereals plus coffee/tea/juice (yes that's all) right next to the reception and elevator with no seating in sight; - SERVICE: Do not expect service other than checking you in at the front desk. We dealed with the same guy at night as well as the next morning. On our drive there, we called ahead to ask where we could get dinner after 9 pm somewhere in town. We were told nothing would be open. Given that Half Moon Bay was more populous and was on our way, we asked nicely if he knew any place there opened later on a Saturday. He then in an annoyed way said these were small towns and everything closed early, not even a fast food restaurant. Fortunately Google Map showed us a wonderful Mexican restaurant that opened until midnight in Half Moon Bay and we ate there before checking in (See photos). Curious, I looked at Google Map again to see if there was anything near the hotel that opened late on the weekends, and lo and behold, there was a bar that opened until 2 am right across the street from the hotel! The next day, seeing how unhealthy the breakfast choices were, I asked the same front desk staff member where we could find a diner for breakfast, his answer... you guessed it, "There is nothing nearby." But this time I was simply testing him and I knew he was lying because I did a search and found that Black Bear Diner was just a few miles away. The worst service and staff I have come across in all my years of backpacking and staying in hotels around the world!

LOCATION: right on Rt. 1 and easy to find; free wifi

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Short stay in SF - all fine for the price.
    • Standard King Room

Rooms a bit "old" and the room of my friends also was not 100% clean.

Good location near the see (not really a beach) and beside the R101 close to SF. Room and service are normal.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Very outdated property.
    • Two Queen Beds Kitchenette Room

Very outdated property. Cleanliness was also an issue. The breakfast bar they offered was extremely minimal. Wouldn't suggest staying there. I paid way too much for this sub par room.

look to the above answer.

We liked everything. It's not a five star hotel but it has everything we want . Comfortable beds, very clean, nice helpful staff.and great location to get to UCSF hospital.

Beds.very comfy. s[otless clean. Will stay there many more times

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Average all the way
    • Two Queen Beds Kitchenette Room

This hotel is the definition of average. Nothing was great, and little was bad. The employees were not friendly at all...simply did their job and made no effort of offering great customer service. The elevator was broken. There is a kitchen, but not a single dish of any kind. Guess you have to pack them in your suitcase. We returned to our room one day at 3 to shower for dinner. The pillow cases had been strpiped and all towels taken. We asked housekeeping and were given a couple because the laundry was currently being done...they couldn't do the whole room. Yes, there was a breakfast...haha. toast, prepackaged danish, and two containers of cereal. They did add bananas the last day.

I felt safe, and knew I would get rest.

• Two Queen Beds Kitchenette Room

They have roaches. WE took pictures, and when we asked the staff for a refund, they didn't know how to complete the transaction. We had to wait for the "manager". It was a late check in, all we wanted to do was relax, cook dinne, and rest. We had to travel out of Pacifica because the remainder rooms in the town were sold out.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Very poor indeed

Very poor breakfast - could hardly be called breakfast. One ice machine outside and out of order (no notice on it). Lift doors needed muscle to close. Uninterested receptionist behind a screen. The motel was run-down and grubby.The room generally tatty and in need of redecoration and refurbishment. Don't be mis-led by the photographs. I wouldn't recommend that anyone choose this motel.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Ok for Price Very Disappointed No Kitchen Utensils
    • Two Queen Beds Kitchenette Room

very disappointed I booked this place for its kitchen . we both have several food allergies so need a full kitchen. after returning from buying groceries we found out that it has absolutely NO kitchen utensils at all. states you must provide your own. small fridge and microwave and coffee maker, it had a stove and nice cubboards and large space but again no pots, pans, dishes or silverware at all. one small cockroach noted last night in kitchen, tub pretty old

Room was ok spacious mostly clean newer carpet and tile, beds were good

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Don't drive separate vehicles when you gonna stay overnight in a hotel room
    • Standard King Room

I did not like that my girlfriend dumped me newsy about a room I got us a room and she showed up and dummy but I had a good time at the bar

I liked that I met some cool people down at winners bar New Year's eve

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

I liked that it was close to where I was going the next...
    • Standard King Room

It was very dirty! The desk the bathroom. Thank goodness I had my own sheets and blankets.

I liked that it was close to where I was going the next morning. It had a mini fridge and microwave.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Not going back again...
    • Standard King Room

Ocean views were mentioned in the ad- the ocean is miles away and the view is of a freeway. $118/night is a lot for these rooms. The continental breakfast was bad coffee and wrapped old flatten cinnamon rolls. I think there were apples...

Not much - they had a bed and tv?

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Be Better to sleep in your car!!

The motel room smelled really bad, next to freeway and very loud, horrible basic breakfast, it was so over priced & staff were very unfriendly with no customer service! over all it was a waiste of money!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Comfortable stay
    • Standard King Room

Place could use some updates, especially the elevator which is noisy and slow.

Room was clean and the wifi was good. The refrigerator worked. Located two blocks from the people who I was visiting. Good value. I will stay with you again.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Save yourself from the cockroaches. Don't stay here.
    • Standard King Room

Booked this hotel room hoping to have a nice getaway mini vacation with my boyfriend. We travel a lot and have been to many hotels. I'm going to make this short and sweet because I don't want to spend anymore energy being negative about this place. I was very disappointed with this location and here's why. The furniture in our room was stained with what looked like blood and other bodily fluids. The toilet still had urine and toilet paper in it. The bed was very uncomfortable. And then to top off our night while laying in bed we noticed something crawling on the wall and yes it was what we thought it was.... a huge cockroach!! Obviously there were probably more we couldn't see. We were so disgusted to find that one cockroach that I decided to go speak with the hotel front desk. The person working the front desk let me know all he could do was move me to another room. So we moved to the next floor up. This room was cleaner but I still couldn't help but think that there is probably cockroaches all over the hotel, in every room. I Had a horrible nights sleep and still felt so unhappy when I woke up. Upon check out I tried to talk with the lady working the front desk about our disappointment and I explained our experience and she just smiled and said ok have a good day. She did not care one bit that I was very displeased with this stay. Save yourself from the roaches don't stay here.

Worst place I have ever stayed at, the breakfast was cold cereal, no coffee and packaged pastries. Terrible. When you walk in the lobby, a guest is met with a plex-glass enclosure separating the guest from the front desk people who you have to press a button for them to come out of their hole Horrible place. You should be ashamed to have them on your web site Not even a business center, had to go outside to get ice. And someone was cooking and it smelt like food from India, Pakistan somewhere like that. Terrible place. This place isn't in a high crime area, shocked to see the plex-glass separation. Its Pacifica, ca. THIS SHOULDN'T EVEN GET A 2.9, THE ONLY THING IT HAD GOING WAS THAT IT'S IN PACIFICA CA.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Hotel is overpriced for out of San Francisco location not near the beach.

Breakfast was bare minimum. Only 2 bags of coffee in room. If you plan on late nights in San Francisco, probably not a good choice. If there's fog, expressway is difficult to navigate. Hard to avoid expressway or Hwy 1.

Quiet hotel. Had lots of hot, hot water. Easy drive into San Francisco.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

A pleasant stay
    • Standard King Room

The man at the front desk. Everything else was great.

My son-in-law loved how it was so close to the pier. My daughter said it was very quiet. And both of them said the room was very pretty and nice. They weren't too pleased with the man in the office, he didn't seem very friendly? To use lack of a better word. They both said his personal skills or friendliness could have been better.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Great location/Pleasant Stay
    • Standard King Room

We had a great experience at this location. The room was large and had a very nice chair and ottoman in addition to the chair for the desk. I think we got a good deal considering the cost of other hotels in the area.

Ocean stay
    • Two Queen Beds Kitchenette Room

Our room was dirty with poo still on the side of the toilet. Crumbs on the floor. Stains on the mattress protector.

Hotel prices in San Francisco are really high. We picked this one as it was a lot cheaper. It is 15 miles from the city but right near the ocean. There are restaurants nearby and the place was comfortable. The staff were nice.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Nice stay in Pacifica
    • Standard King Room

That the breakfast did not start until 7. We had to leave before that both days we were there

The location was very convenient we like having the microwave and refrigerator also

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Ok but overpriced
    • Standard King Room

The bed was so hard it was painful ! The continental breakfast was a joke. Tiny little sweet rolls and cereal. Never saw the managers except to check in. Bathtub had enamel paint that was peeling!

Location was great

The food for breakfast was scarce. The coffee tastes horrible. Not worth it for the amount we paid.

The bathroom. The tub has chips on it and was clogged. Looks dirty, too.

The size of the room

Clean good sized rooms.

Continental breakfast was toast and cereal. Not what I was expecting or hoping for

Clean good sized rooms.

The bed was very comfortable and was within short walking...

The building could use a little renovating.

The bed was very comfortable and was within short walking distance to the Ocean.

It was comfortable

It was nice

Skipped Breakfast

Way too expensive for the quaility of hotel. Would never stay there agin.
    • Standard King Room

Not clean and smells. Bathroom needs to be sanitized and the room has an oder that was annoying. Not comfortable. Didn't get in the bed....

Comfy, fun stay!
    • Standard King Room

Nothing it was all a good trip.

Free WiFi and location was the best!

Worst stay I've ever had

Acceptable accommodation at reasonable price for Sharp Park

Good location for an event at Sharp Park Golf course.

Not going back

Very poor breakfast

Plenty of parking, property clean and presentable, room was...
    • Standard King Room

Plenty of parking, property clean and presentable, room was comfortable!

Nice and clean

Bed wasnt the best but it did the job

Bed wasnt the best but it did the job

Good.
    • Two Queen Beds Kitchenette Room

Elevator did not work very well; otherwise it was great.

The place is clean and easy access to the bay area

The place is clean and easy access to the bay area

San bruno stay

Breakfast needs more items

Room was nice and clean

So great

Best value for money

Not the best In Pacifica CA

Elevator did not work well

Easy access

200.00 for this?

The broken elevator, amd the bed bugs

I wa dirty from the parking lot to the rooms

Great Hotel, Perfect location! This was my 3rd stay!
    • Standard King Room

I requested 2 additional towels, they only gave me one stating that it was too early to do laundry.

Good value, quiet, 30 min drive to downtown SF,

Good value, quiet, 30 min drive to downtown SF, breakfast very sparse (no tea) continental.

Good

Change the time of the breakfast.......7:00 is a little late for people leaving early going to the city.

Nice clean rooms,

5 min walk to the beach.
    • Two Queen Beds Kitchenette Room

5 min walk to the beach. Had a room with a view of the ocean/pier.

Convenient location for travel but traffic loud.

Elevator didn't work. Ran out of breakfast with no one there to replenish.

Convenient location for travel but traffic loud.