Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites Near The Border 3 stars

#3 of 7 hotels in San Ysidro

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Clean Room in San Ysidro
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Traffic from freeway made it hard to sleep and the air conditioner sounded like a freight train

Room was updated and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Enjoyable Atmosphere

The bed was too soft and the sheets felt really stiff from having to much soap left in them or something else.

Staff was awesome. I wll really enjoy the Christmas scenery the hotel will have in place for Chtistmas.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Really nice but windows need replacing.

Right next to I-5 and old single pane windows were insufficient to block all the highway noise. Hard to get a decent sleep. A few rooms appear to be located completely on the interior so they probably don't have that issue. Received call from front desk on day of check-in asking for my credit card to hold the room or they wanted to make it available for someone else. I thought that was odd given that I'd booked through this website and had a confirmation. Told him I couldn't do that and we'd be there by 2.00pm to check in. He accepted that.

Rooms appear to be recently updated. Nice tile floors (no nasty carpet!), and tile showers. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Really friendly staff. Good breakfast (one cook even told me her secret for the best refried beans I ever tasted).

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The room we had had three beds and we were all able to fit!
    • Double Room with Three Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not that great this time around. Breakfast is usually really good!! But it was eatable.

The room we had had three beds and we were all able to fit! It was a one night stay so it was perfect! Not having to rent two rooms was amazing!

Quality Inn

Room was very clean but I saw a spider and an ant in the bathroom. I know this is not the hotels fault but we had very noisy neighbors with kids screaming and running around early in the morning, if it wasn't for that we would have rested completely.

I didn't mind it was a bit outdated, it's actually its charm. Very nice exterior gazebo. Room was very spacious. We had a full size fridge, that was a first, we've never seen that before, and also had a sink next to the bed that came in handy. Room and bathroom were very clean. I really liked the bathroom, it was modern and clean, very good water pressure as well. Only stayed one night but I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

In the process of updating the hotel but the beds were super...

Parking was not great. We arrrived late and there was only one spot left.

In the process of updating the hotel but the beds were super comfortable. The outside decore is a work in progress. The rooms reminded me of staying in hotels in Mexico. Tile everywhere. But cleab. Louis was supper helpful and recommended a great place to eat. Even printed out directions for us.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

This hotel was right off of interstate 5 in San Ysidro.

This hotel was right off of interstate 5 in San Ysidro. Perfect location- minutes from downtown San Diego and the Outlets mall as well. It was exceptionally clean. The towels were bright white and fluffy... not dingy and thin. My family and I were extremely comfortable here during our stay. And the breakfast was delicious every morning.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

I was dissapointed with the room.
    • Double Room with Three Double Beds - Non-Smoking

crowed room, uncomfortable beds, trash under beds, paint peeling from shower, no cable service, highway traffic noise, slightly dirty pool, not much selection for breakfast, no extra towels at pool

the only thing I liked was that the pool was 5 feet deep.

Good place, great employees

Had to put toilet paper in the trash can cause they have bad plumbing

The employees were so nice and kind and always greeted you and smiled and we're never rude or not nice. Every day they greeted you with a smile and it was genuinely appreciated!!!!!

Waterfalls outside the hotel was nice to hear.
    • King Room with Kitchenette

Bathroom was small. Non smoking room but rooms next to mine smoked, so could smell the smoke.

Waterfalls outside the hotel was nice to hear. Too close to freeway and major road.

I have stayed many times at this hotel.

I have stayed many times at this hotel. It is evident that the owner or management is highly interested in maintaining the property, the comfort of their guests, and take great pride in a job well done. Inside and outside this older property is very clean. No hit or miss cleaning going on here. The breakfast facility is well attended and the food is quite good. Again the attitude of the staff shows up. This property has earned my repeat business over and over. Good experience and value for the $$.

We will go back to your hotel,

No windows in the bathroom.

Location, fantastic bed and pillows we had a good nite of sleep. Breakfast was really good more than I expected. Friendly staff.

As a first time saying in a hotel and being impressed i will deffenetly be coming back. Thank you!!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

i like that it exceeded my expectations. I was expecting a crappy room with regular beds. To my surprise the bed was extra comfy and room neatly done.

Clean, comfortable and easy to find.

Due to location by the freeway the noise of the traffic was pretty loud and all throughout the night. But of course we knew it wold be that way.

Clean, comfortable and easy to find.

In total it was an incredibe experience and I would certainly return to stay again

The wifi in my room (Room 317) was extremely poor and I was unable to do anything requiring wifi while I was in my room.

The bed was extraordinarily comfy and the sausage cooked for breakfast was absolutely delicious.

Great customer service. Fair value.
    • Double Room with Three Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was ok. I eat slow and couldn’t take it back to my room.

I accidentally booked the wrong date and the gentleman understood what I needed before I said it. He was proactive and anticipated my need. THAT is great customer service.

We made the best of it, and it was ok.. just not what I originally expected.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The area isn’t the best, but the hotel looks nice. The room itself had a strange smell to it, and the tub was a little dirty.

The Christmas decorations are beautiful

On the road again

The beds were comfortable but were too high - there we had too struggle or jump on to themm

Just right-scramble eggs; Excellentbegals & waffles; Great choice if cereal

Good in parts

The breakfast was probably the worst that we have had on this extensive trip, what little food there was food constantly ran out, and was not re-stocked without asking. The electronic door locks would reset themselves so you needed a trip to reception to get them re-set

Totally Nice Hotel but offers a completely non-nutritional breakfast & the eggs were uneatable.

Breakfast was uneatable for us (we are nutrition freaks), specifically the eggs were Just awful & seasoned poorly..

White clean sheets, a/c, etc.

Convenient, staff friendly and helpful.

My refrigerator did not work, but I didn't pursue it to remedy the problem so that was my fault.

Convenient, staff friendly and helpful. Room was clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Easy hotel to get too

No exercise room. Not enough parking, if you came back to the hotel late, there was a chance no parking spots No selection for breakfast for people with a special diet. Internet wasn't the best plus tv channel selection was limited. Some rooms had small tvs and others had larger ones.

Hot breakfast with eggs and waffles. Staff are helpful. We have stayed here many times due to the closeness to the border. Some rooms had like a kitchenette area with a large fridge but nothing to cook with.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

A good location near the border, but may not be suitable for your needs.

The property didn't feel to clean and had a somewhat damp feeling. It's a budget hotel so you get what you pay for. We arrived late and were only staying until earlier the next day to catch a flight in Tijuana. We ended up staying only about 20 minutes because my travel partner wasn't comfortable. So we left and got a room at a nearby Holiday Inn which was comparably priced, but much more modern and nicer.

The hotel was located close to the border and the the Cross Border Express that allows you to walk from the US directly into the airport into the Tijuana airport.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Good Jorel for the $$

Wifi is complicated. Constantly lose connection if not actively using and need to renter the password to enable. Very cumbersome because the password is not easy to remember.. But wifi was fast once you jumped. The hurtles and got connected.. Just would not remain connected ..

The attentive staff

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Great Staff!!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

First time I stayed in a room not remodeled.. it was clean and ok. This time I had a remodeled room.. very comfortable space. Hope I can always land the remodeled room or all the rooms receive similar facelift. To improve I would replace the air conditioning units.. because if age and use.. they are the source if a not so pleasant smell in both the rooms. Understandable based in the age if the units and the volume of air passed through and filtered over several years.

The staff is hard working, personable, friendly and concerned with customer experience.. reception, housekeeping and breakfast service.. super group of people. Pleasant, happy people make a big difference in the travel experience.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Overall, a good stay.

No clear doggie area - just had to use (mostly vertical) planting beds. Good breakfast, but could not take to our room (my Husband sleeps later). Visiting Mom in Chula Vista, so easy access to I5 North and South.

Staff were friendly - a little confusion for our booking - they had not changed it from 4 nights to 3 nights, but with the added pet fee it came out the same. Tile floors were nice, beds were good, nice, bright alarm clock in room.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Best place for the price
    • King Room with Kitchenette

Friendly staff, both English and Spanish speaking. Really quite place to stay for a nice get away. Excellent choice for the price! Definitely coming back more.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

The ONLY place we stay when in town.

The breakfast offered is not very good; it was nearly impossible to use the waffle machine. In fact in the 4 different times we have stayed there we were only able to use it once. The WiFi is not very reliable. Maybe include menus for restaurants in the immediate area.

The size of the rooms are great, and we love the size of the refrigerators in each room we've stayed in (especially the full size fridge in one room). Staff is quite friendly.

Beautiful place for a great price.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The location was not the closest to the beach. It is a great location for people traveling to Mexico. The room was a little outdated.

Big beautiful room.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Breakfasts

Parking

Breakfasts

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

It’s close to the freeway
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Dirty, non helpful staff, ants in room, horrible breakfast, loud, very ghetto

It’s close to the freeway

I was very satisfied with the place.

My room needed more mirrors. The only mirror was in the bathroom.

The room was nice and big. The beds were outstanding.

Serious face of the owner (without smiling)

Bad sound-proof and the most noisy air conditioner I have...

Bad sound-proof and the most noisy air conditioner I have ever used.

Quality from Quality

Loud a/c

Right off the freeway- easy to find and easy to get back on the freeway. Across from a grocery store and restaurants.

Friendly staff, clean room, close to border.
    • King Room with Kitchenette

Close to freeway, could hear kids running around on top floor.

Friendly staff, clean room, close to border. Good breakfast.

Breakfast was good, and the main entree varied per day.
    • Double Room with Three Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was very little parking spaces as compared to the size of the actual hotel.

Breakfast was good, and the main entree varied per day.

Front desk staff and manager was so very warm, nice and...

Front desk staff and manager was so very warm, nice and accommodating.

10/10 will come again

The person working the front desk was very understanding of my hectic schedule I was working with.

Great stay! Would recommend.

Nothing we didn't like

Everything. Staff is very nice. Ok location, everything was near by and room was very clean.

Okay

Bed

Everything quite

Everything quite

Everyone was polite thank you all

Nothing all good

Nice rooms clean

Gd experience ,

Wifi was to slow,

Room was great size

I was upset cause of the amount
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The jacuzzi was extra small and it was dirty!!

I was able to stay after checkout for ten dollars per hour until 3

It was ok.

I didn't have hot water or water after 9 p.m.

THE BED

Wifi

Wifi

Lot of noise from the freeway

Lot of noise from the freeway

I like Spanish network soecially Telemundo and they don’t have it.will make me think stay there

That they don’t have Telemundo television and very few good chanels.

Very clean; location and staff

This is a $59 hotel not a $109.

Falls information on website and once we get here we can’t cancel the appointment

Parking lot

Parking lot

The location is nearby the highway and it was too noisy at...

The location is nearby the highway and it was too noisy at night. The door of the hotel room is unsafe.

Disgusting I wouldn't stay here

Parking hotel room beds tv A/C bathroom pretty much the entire hotel and I was charged 164.00 what a rip off

Nothing it's a dump

Outlet in bathroom broke

Outlet in bathroom broke

Staff

Close to the good places

The pool

The air conditioning was very noisy and we can't slept.

The pool

Nasty place there photos were lies.

Room, the people who were running it.

Nothing will ever go back again we even booked in are group 6 rooms .

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Beautiful rooms and great breakfast facility

Cold shower in the morning!

Beautiful rooms and great breakfast facility

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Stay in ysindro

Limited tv channels

Customer service

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Decent place to stay, but a bit more expensive than others in the area
    • King Room with Kitchenette

The price was higher than most in the area.

It was ok for the area.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

I was charged three times for the room, had to call my bank...

I was charged three times for the room, had to call my bank to recover funds.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Great tub!

Great tub!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Great hotel.price and Pet friendly hotel.

Price is excellent...Great location..Pet Friendly hotel.. very clean..friendly staff...

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

The towels hadnt been changed they seemed damped and there...

The towels hadnt been changed they seemed damped and there was hair in the shower.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Would Stay Again

One Day Eggs Had Shells In Them

Nice Feeling Of Warmth-Good Maids

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Poor choice of accommodations

It was too far from the airport and very noisy, being that it was right next to I-5.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Great and accommodating staff but bed bugs are a no!!

Bed bugs

Spa bath

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Grounds were well kept room was nice love that it had a...

Grounds were well kept room was nice love that it had a fridge and microwave great price with a nice free breakfast in the morning friendly staff overall I great place to stay!!

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

There was old vomit or vomit like substance on the side of...

There was old vomit or vomit like substance on the side of the night stand which is not visible until you lay down right beside it. Unfortunately my husband did not notice it until 9:00pm we had checked in around 5:00pm by this time all the housekeepers were gone so I had to walk to the front desk pick up a cleaning solution and clean it myself. The only thing the front desk clerk asked me was at what time I had checked in I could tell he was in a bad mood so I suggested if he had a cleaning product I would clean it myself. I've worked in the hotel industry for over 15 years and I know that not only does this fall on the front desk clerk, but on housekeeping and management as well. A poorly trained staff, a poorly trained housekeeping, equals sorry management.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

If you are headed over the border it's a great location.

Room seemed nice at first, but the next day when we returned we found there had only been a VERY cursory cleaning. I had placed a box next to the trash can that was not removed, the towels were not replaced despite being left on floor and the coffe pot wasn't touched. It was pretty disgusting. Then I found the water faucet in tub was loose, the shower head was dripping and the drywall was moist with black mold forming. We left the ne t day, I wasn't spending one more night there.

If you are headed over the border it's a great location.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

Quality Inn & Suites is very nicely done, from the tile...

One thing, the rooms (113) back window was secured by a small wooden board or sick that was shorter by approximately 6" (not secure).

Quality Inn & Suites is very nicely done, from the tile & the rock decorative to the furniture. Its much nicer than other competitors Inn's. Enjoyed the breakfast & the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

Friendly staff, nice breakfast, clean spacious rooms.

Friendly staff, nice breakfast, clean spacious rooms. Unless you are looking for luxury, this place has everything you need for a stay in South San Diego.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

The value for money was good.

The room smelled bad. I had to leave the A/C and extractor fan on for 24 hours before it smelled simi-neutral. The noise from the freeway is quite loud. Plan on earplugs and running the fans all night.

The value for money was good. Breakfast was included. Parking was no problem.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

Awesome staff!

No biggie really....but twice my door card didn't work. Short walk down to lobby n got a new one in less than a minute with an apology and a smile.

Awesome staff! Very friendly! Very very nice staff. I had 3 opportunitys to eat breakfast.....only made it once. Good food. And plenty of it. I've read reviews of previous gripes of past customers.....must be snobby, because I received excellent service my whole stay.

There are also 52 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.