Reviews of Ameritania at Times Square 4 stars

#222 of 415 hotels in New York

4.9

Awesome location for 1st time NYC
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very central location to top nyc attractions; we stayed in room 212 and there was no outside city noise at all ( except airco humming) modern and newly updated room and bathroom

Good stay but crappy wifi
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wi-Fi didn't work at all for the entire duration of our four night stay. We reported the issue, but it wasn't fixed

Staff were very courteous, helpful and professional

In the centre of everything. Comfortable and convenient.
    • Standard Queen Room

The air conditioning was struggling, but NY had unseasonably hot weather which could be the cause. Yea and coffee making facilities in the room would have been welcome.

This hotel is in an amazing location, everything is either within walking or subway distance.

great location
    • Standard Queen Room

tiny room, couldn't fit a large suitcase and the air-conditioning was imperative due to heat but was so loud it caused many sleepless nights

great location

Excellent location, lovely room, great power shower.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was not well insulated against noisy New York night. No hot drink making facilities. Young lady who checked us in didn’t make us feel very welcome- barely smiled.

Excellent location, lovely room, great power shower. Porters and doormen were very welcoming and helpful, leaving luggage wasn’t a problem. Very good value for the quality of the room.

Centralized location, clean

Walls are thin so you hear of your neighbor returns or others talking in the corridor. door locked spoilt not good for solo traveler, air conditioning quite noisy

Centralized location, clean

Great location a short walk from Time Sq.

The trumpet player beside room 211 at 6.30am. We were moved on the second morning. This is a recurring issue for the hotel but they sell the rooms and if you're unlucky you'll get a room beside him. He's a permanent resident. Avoid the 2nd floor! This is the second time we stayed - fine the 1st time, but won't stay again.

Great location a short walk from Time Sq.

Worst ever by far.
    • Small Double Room

Room was the worst of the worst i have ever seen. Not only was it small it was also noisy from the shaft behind the window. It was impossible for 2 people to stay more than 3 hrs. I have stayed in small rooms like in Paris but this is different. Go and experience it for yourself. Even goats wouldn’t live there.

Location was good

Location was excellent, the room was comfortable and the...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Where to park was a challenge and it's not stated up front which parking garage allows the discount.

Location was excellent, the room was comfortable and the staff was very friendly and competent.

Great place to explore NYC from and relax
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location great and staff friendly. Hotel is clean and smart. Reception area with the water tower is superb for a hot day. Lots of cafes/diners and takeaways a few minutes walk away.

Great location for touring museums, sightseeing, theater and central park at a very reasonable cost

Excellent location. The room furniture, decor and amenities seemed practically new. A very modern style, black and chrome with abstract art. The "rain" type shower head was great!

The location was great.

The staff was not at all accomodating. Requested early check in and was told the computer system was down for about over three hrs. The lady at front desk was very rude and not helpful at all. After third time asking she finaly said computer was up and running. Once got to room was ok. Needs a few touch ups the walls in bathroom were damaged.

The location was great...

Close enough to Times Square to walk but further enough away...

Minor leak through the bathroom light but maintenance men came straight away with no inconvenience. No other negative experiences.

Close enough to Times Square to walk but further enough away from the hectic bustle of tourists. The room was huge and comfortable (the bed was amazing). Staff at the front counter were lovely, and special shout out to the lovely male bartender who we had great conversations with. The doormen were friendly and helpful. The gym was small but functional. I would stay here again in a flash.

Great location, terrible house keeping and hotel service.
    • Standard Queen Room

I had a bad experience with room housekeeping. I came back with bathroom not cleaned (no clean towel and shampoo and conditioner) and dirty changed sheet left on my floor. When I called front desk for clean towel and shampoo and asked them to clean my room, first they told me house keeping is off in the evening. They promised me to get someone and I waited for 30 min with no one coming. In the end I needed to call four times and it took two people over an hour to get the dirty sheet out and deliver me new towel and shampoo and conditioners. And I got no apology from hotel staff. Another thing, the next morning, I waited over 10 min for the elevator without any response. I needed to call front desk and they told me elevator was out of service but they didn't put up any signs to indicate that. Front desk just told me sorry you had to walk. It is a really frustrating experience that it wasted so much of my time. I have traveled a lot and I have never experienced this attitude with house keeping before.

The location is great, close to subways, time square and Broadway.

Not worth the price. Be careful with the room category
    • Standard Queen Room

They gave me wrong category room. The size of the room was similar to the size of the bed. you cannot move in the room. The ear cotton buds are payable !! Thanks to the cooperation of Booking.com, they shifted me next day to the actual room category that I have originally booked.

location and cleanleness

Best location, if you have first time in NY
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Gym definetely need rennovation. And sometimes I hadnt enough fresh air.

It was my first trip to NY and everything was amazing, even Ameriritania. Best location near Central Park and Times Square. Receptionist gave for us room on quite side, and it was great idea. Room service was good, and room was clean. We had everything what I need, becouse no one doesnt spent time in NY at hotel)

I really enjoyed the spacious bathroom.
    • Standard Queen Room

Constant noice outside my window for the entire night, not sure where it was from, something like a generator, or neighbors air conditioners? I should had used the ear plugs they provided. :)

I really enjoyed the spacious bathroom.

Great location, just off Broadway and close to Central Park
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reception Staff were grumpy. Some rooms overlook a small court which is very noisy (I think the airco system is installed in that court; in any case an installation that makes a terrible noise day and night). Avoid those rooms or you won't sleep.

Great location, just off Broadway and close to Central Park

A little gem in the heart of New York!

Wonderful boutique hotel in a perfect location. King suite was lovely and beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. Very cosy bar on the ground floor with an excellent barman"Javier".

A Hotel with Class

No tea or coffee making making facility in the bedrooms and paying extra for breakfast.

We were impressed with the welcome we received from the staff. It was a restful haven after the bustle of New York outside. The decor is classy and stylish. Jeff on security was like a “guardian angel”to us when we first arrived. This was our first time in New York and he gave us a lot of helpful information as soon as we arrived. The location was brilliant for sightseeing and getting to Central Park and Broadway (right next to the hotel). I am pleased to recommend this hotel to you.

Although we didn't have a view, the room was really...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Missed not having a coffee pot in the room.

Although we didn't have a view, the room was really quiet. It was also nice and dark with the black out curtains. I was worried about sleeping in NYC due to the brightness and noise, but my room was a wonderful escape.

Great value, great service and great location.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Clean, comfortable rooms and great staff. Jeff, particularly, was extremely helpful. He mapped out easy walking routes to several popular locations and answered every question thoroughly. He even helped us arrange transportation to the airport at the end of our stay. Highly recommend this hotel!

Nice hotel. Not so nice staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

Took forever to check in. They made us wait a long time because our room was not ready. It was way past the usual check in time. And the woman working at the front desk was unapologetic. Jeff the doorman was really nice though. Helped us out a lot.

The room was big & clean & the location was great.

Close proximity to everywhere great barman during the week.

This place is close to everything we had a lovely stay. The only thing I could fault was the driver that took us to the airport. We were told our booking including gratuity which was written on paper. The doorman also told us it was $45 for the two of us. When we got to the airport we gave him $50 he then demanded a tip and told us it wasn’t enough he needed more money. This really soured a great stay for us. Next time I would get an Uber as this would have only been around $42.

Close proximity to everywhere great barman during the week. He made us the best cocktails and was so friendly we kept going back. The doorman Jeff was excellent he gave us great advice on places to go he helped us out everyday he was working.

Would stay again
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Place nice n clean. Just the right location. Not completely next to times square that would have been too noisy and crowded. But still pretty near for a short 5-10 minutes walk. Room was perfect. Very nice shower. Good restaurants nearby.

The beds were really comfortable, linens(including towels...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The elevators were extremely slow and not functioning most of the time. We also did not get housekeeping the entire stay, apparently it's by request only which was not told to us. Pricing was high compared to other similar hotels, didn't feel I got the best value for my money.

The beds were really comfortable, linens(including towels and washcloths) were so soft! The location was great.

My room was HUGE and had everything I needed.

It was expensive and I was there for 5 nights.

My room was HUGE and had everything I needed. The shower was lovely and hot and had a big head on it which was great … in my experience, very few New York hotels have good showers and sometimes I have to clean one arm at a time and one leg at a time because the water flow is poor and the showers are tepid to cold but here it was as hot as you wanted and great water flow. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Right across the street is the Marriot Courtyard Hotel and if you take the elevator to the 4th floor, they have 4 x computers that anyone can use for free. I often used them .. very useful to know ..

Great hotel in a very good location in NYC for a very good price
    • Small Double Room

Watch out for the legs and frame of the beds - they are made of iron and a little protruding. My spouse got a pretty painful blow there.

Great hotel in a very good location in NYC for a very good price. we stayed 2 nights in this hotel and would definitely come back next time. Compared with other hotels in the city the room was very comfortable (we got a room with 2 queen beds) and the hotel was pleasant and well maintained. staff was very nice and helpful. great experience.

Ameritania Great Location
    • Standard Queen Room

The shower screen allowed water to totally soak the floor.

The hotel was comfortable and clean. Jeff the concierge was very helpful and made our stay at this hotel very pleasurable. Thank you Jeff.

You can drop off and pick up your bags before and after...
    • Small Double Room

The ground floor lobby areas were in good shape but the upkeep of the hallways on the upper floors was slightly off the mark. Our room (small room) did not have any views of the city streets as it faced inwards into a court.

You can drop off and pick up your bags before and after check-in and check-out, which is always helpful. Even though there was no breakfast included with our booking, they do offer complimentary morning coffee/tea at the dining area on the ground floor.

The room was very small, even for New York.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was very small, even for New York. The legs of the bed have very sharp corners which are exposed and when you accidently kick them it is very painful.

The location was great, right between time square and...

When we arrived the toilet in the room was broken. But this was soon resolved by the maintenance team

The location was great, right between time square and Central Park, the room was a little cosy but the bed was huge and very comfy. The staff are extremely helpful. The door man named Jeff went above and beyond to help us and highlighted the map for us of things to do and the best ways to get there.

Ameritiana was in a great location just off Broadway and...
    • Small Double Room

Ameritiana was in a great location just off Broadway and only a 5min walk from Times Square! We stayed on the 12 floor and hardly heard any noise from outside

My stay could not have been better!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not a lot of middle priced shopping malls nearby. Lots of high end stores.

Location was perfect. Near Times Square and had a lot of restaurant options that were reasonable. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating!

Good value for money, great location, needs a coffee machine in the room.
    • Standard Queen Room

Windows were so dirty outside that we could not see down the street. No coffee machine - this is sooooo important to most people to have in the room - not in reception.

Bed was clean. No noise from the street. Excellent location.

Very good location at Broadway and close to Times Square.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very good location at Broadway and close to Times Square. The wifi did not work that well. Kind staff, especially Jeff who took care of a smooth shuttle.

Comfortable stay in good location
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The reception staff could do with lessons on smiling and being pleasant even though they were iotherwise efficient. Bit of traffic noise at night though you are in prime tourist location and they do provide earplugs.

The location was very convenient close to Time Square. The doormen (esp. Jeff) were very helpful minding luggage and assisting with transport etc. Subway just down street.

Will definitely be going back
    • Small Double Room

Obviously being in New York the room sizes aren't massive but was suitable for going out exploring New York. The room was slightly too dark, needs better lighting.

Perfect location, couldn't get any better.

Hotel was a big reason our trip was so enjoyable!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location is fantastic. Walking distance to Times Square and Central Park . Vlad , the front desk manager was great . He even noted my son’s birthday and had a great sent up that day . We will stay here again for sure !

Great location, nice and clean hotel.

The rooms are very small, but that is generally true of New York. I wish there had been an iron in the room.

The location was fantastic. It was a 5-10 minute walk to Broadway Shows, Times Square and Central Park.

It was ok very expensive for one night though.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very small glad we were only there one night we kept tripping over our suitcases.

The barman was very friendly and recommended local places to eat.

The location is perfect.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hallway smelled of cigarette smoke which is odd for a nonsmoking property.

The location is perfect. Nearly in Times Square, close to everything. Also one of the best showers in any room I’ve stayed in.

Very comfortable room, especially the king size bed.

I asked for a quiet room and got a second floor slot by an air conditioner and party noise from the nearby tv theatre. To be fair, they offered to move me for the second night, but it's a hassle to pack everything up again.

Very comfortable room, especially the king size bed. The place has a friendly feel, and is reasonable value by Manhattan standards

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

the ceiling light cover coming off from ceiling..was not screwed in and the toilet door knob screws were loose. Aircon gave tremendous noise ..

Just Ok

Wifi not free, room size is just on the limit for 2 people, no natural light from outside

Excellent location, just near Central Park, supermarket is nearby ... good brunch restaurant just 10 mins away

An excellent location to start exploring NYC

The size of the room ..

Fantastic location .. Jeff at the door was outstanding.. great guy. Was the go to person for everything from directions to points of interest ..He made my stay memorable.

Our experience was great!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our experience was great! The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Staff's communication was great too! we loved the bathroom lol clean and pretty :)

It was fine. As long as you don’t plan on spending too much time in the hotel room
    • Small Double Room

The air conditioning units were unfortunately very outdated and ridiculously loud. It stopped both of us sleeping, we switched rooms to see if there was an improvement but it was the same.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff could be friendlier - they were ok just not great - the door men just stand there talking to other staff - no help with luggage or greetings or opening doors.

Location. Size of room.

superb location, right in between times square and central...

the only thing i would say about the hotel which i would change it to have a kettle in the room to be able to make a cup of tea or coffee instead of having to go downstairs for one, tea and coffee is also free

superb location, right in between times square and central park, very spacious rooms too, staff were very friendly and helpful too, all in all a very enjoyable experience at the hotel

Ok but could have been better with a little attention.
    • Standard Queen Room

Lighting was very dark. Room had a view of a brick wall. House keeping dropped the ball twice. After a full day out, I came back at nearly 5p to an unmade room. Staff said policy is to complete task by 5p and are no longer available after 6p so it wasn't an option to take care of things while I went out to dinner. The following day, to avoid the same scenario, at 9a.m. I told the front desk to have housekeeping attend to my room while I was out for the next few hours but once again, when I returned at 3:30p and it had not been done. I waited in the lobby for 45 min for it to be completed while what I really wanted to do was relax in my room before dinner. Front desk was very apologetic but ultimately, what I really wanted on both occasions was a clean room when I needed it.

Friendly and helpful front desk. Great location. Bed was comfortable.

Nice boutique hotel in prime midtown location
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was terrible - only had it once and after that ate breakfast out

Central location close to Times Square and Central Park, helpful and friendly staff, comfortable beds, good shower, decent room size

lobby is fine but room is old and a little shabby.
    • Small Double Room

NYC is getting crazy around commence week. I book this hotel for last minute deal and costs $1500. It ,of course, does not worth it.

lobby is fine but room is old and a little shabby.

People were really nice and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only thing I would suggest would be to update the windows at some point so the street noise doesn’t come in so much.

People were really nice and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff is the worse! There is no internet in the rooms, unless you pay 9 dollars per day! And the internet in the lobby is horrible. The rooms are small, and could have more tables/places to place stuff. They say there is coffee, tea and water all the time, but there is only water.

The bed is good. The bathroom is great. Location is the best (but look for other hotels in the area)

Enjoyed my stay. I will book this hotel again when in NYC.
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast was a little expensive, even for NYC. If your going to charge $20 person, please provide more of a variety.

I liked the proximity of the hotel to all the places I needed to go. Parking was validated for a lower daily rate at the garage next store.

Nice facility and nice location but not a great experience
    • Standard Queen Room

Pillows too stiff. Air conditioning leaked onto room below leading to 3 am knock on my door to turn off. I get it that it had to be done but neither of above made for an especially pleasant sleep

Avoid room 16 on any floor; don't pay for wifi, it is free

- we were in room 216, we didn't expect a view, but the wall of the next building was about 1.5 meter, with a noisy machine. Air-con is very noisy, we switched it off, but 1 night we could not sleep because of the noise from the next building. - information about wifi is inaccurate, it is available for free in the room, but we were told only on the 3rd day. We pre-purchased a roaming package unnecessarily. - dirty window

- bed - shower gel provided (not only soap) - 2 for 1 in the bar - location is good, public transport is close

Location was really great.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The services were not quite satisfactory. We have asked in two different days the front desk person to check and repair the lamp aside the beds. The light was extremely deem therefore additional functional lamp would have been more than useful.However our request remain unsolved whole accomodation period.

Location was really great. Close to Central Park and Times Square

Great location and staff very friendly with us and specially...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

To be improve: ramp for access to the hotel hall for stroller and disable people.

Great location and staff very friendly with us and specially with our baby!

Amazing - location is perfect. 5 minutes to everything!

Air conditioning! was working but noisy, didn't mention it but probably should of.

The staff. Very friendly & helpful, especially Jeff who recommended several places to see that we might enjoy. The location is excellent. Hotel is modern and decor is really nice. Hotel is very welcoming. Beds are great, very comfortable.

Totally recommend this hotel!

Location is perfect, just a couple blocks to Central Park,Times Square, Top of the Rock and MOMA. The room is large with a comfy bed. Staff especially, Jeff is super helpful and friendly.I totally recommend this hotel !

The bathrooms were really clean and very good looking, the...

The rooms are incredibly small. We paid 3700 USD for 6 nights for a room of 2 double beds and one king size bed room (which was more expensive than the regular rooms), and we barely had room around the beds to move inside the room. No place to store our clothes, just a small storage closet, that had no shelves but was filled with an ironing board. The windows are poorly sound proofed. If you have the room toward the street you hear all the noises from construction sites (and all NYC is under construction all the time), and horns. If you have the room to the interior you will hear the annoying and loud sounds of some huge chillers, not to mention that you could "admire" the other visitors from the hotel in their rooms through the window. Privacy level -100. The breakfast was not included, its cost was 18 usd for adults and 12 usd for children and was a complete disaster: a fake maple syrup made from corn syrup, no fruits and no fresh vegetables (not even ONE), one choice of eggs and one choice of bacon, yoghurt and some cereals. That was the whole breakfast. The drinking water in the rooms was not included and it costed 5 usd for a really small bottle.

The bathrooms were really clean and very good looking, the beds were comfortable and the doormen exceeded our expectations, especially Jeff, who did his best to help us everytime we needed. Dear Jeff, thanks a lot for everything. it is because of you the hotel received a better evaluation from us!

Comfortable, conveniently located for general toruism, pleasant and helpful staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

Slight problem with the heating system initially that probably should have been detected before I checked in. But if previous occupant had not reported it, the failure to notice the problem is somewhat understandable. At any rate, it was resolved quickly.

I particularly appreciated their help in in retrieving items I had inadvertently left behind. Honest, efficiently helpful and friendly staff!

Great hotel and location, clean and good value for money.
    • Small Double Room

My only complaint would be breakfast, it was ok if you timed it right, food wasn't cooked on site and you could often wait for items to be replenished and the size of the dining area really wasn't big enough.

Great hotel and location, clean and good value for money.

NY is a great place to spend a holiday!
    • Standard Queen Room

Gym lacked air conditioning and oxygen, poorly maintained equipment. Overall "worn-out" look in the facilities. Elevators did not work properly.

Excellent bed quality, excellent location. Responsive staff.

Again and again I stay with Ameritania in New York.

Again and again I stay with Ameritania in New York. It is highly recommended for the best location near Central Park, MoMA, Broadway and Times Square and exceptional care about guests!

It was very nice.

I didn't like the fact that the site initially told me that the price would be lower until I actually booked the room. The price went up almost a whole $100 when I booked it. :-\

The staff was very nice, and accommodating. The bed and bedding were super comfortable. I got the BEST sleep!

Very nice stay in Times Square

personnaly, I do not find memory foam mattress comfortable.

The size of the room is good. Very good standing shower with a shower hose, very rare in the US !

The location is very close to Times Square, that is the only...

Our room is in 2nd floor and at the end of the corridor, the room is very small, is difficult to open my luggage (26 inch). Outside, in front of the room's window is a very large outdoor unit of Air-Conditioners and its noise is never stop. Furthermore the shower head is bad too, it could spray water in many different direction.

The location is very close to Times Square, that is the only one advantages of this hotel.

Great, would stay there again and ask for same room
    • Small Double Room

Breakfast price at $20 per person, I think this could be lower.

Our room was big with plenty of storage and a large wet room/bathroom. We asked for a high floor at the back of the building to avoid noise from the street, and we got what we asked for. Would use this hotel again

The staff was very helpful and friendly.
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is a great location for sightseeing. We were in walking distance of the Broadway show we came to see.

Double room with two double beds was spacious.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wireless was not always reliable. When connection was possible, then it was quite fast, but connection was frequently not possible.

Double room with two double beds was spacious. Wireless was for free during our stay. Room and hotel clean, and very friendly staff.

If comparing with other hotels in USA - for price ca 180 USD per room - do not hesitate - GRAB it!

perhaps lift capacity

Excellent position, comfortable bed, free wifi if you ask, free morning hot drink, qiute soundproof rooms except door, working safe

Great location , beds are comfy , room decor is good :)
    • Standard Queen Room

No free internet it’s 10$ a day , Lobby is too small with a sitting place of just just 8 people.

Great location , beds are comfy , room decor is good :)