Reviews of Amsterdam Court Hotel 3 stars

#378 of 419 hotels in New York

Based on 1941 hotel reviews

4.8

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

The location and the staff were excellent.
    • Standard Room

We could NOT sleep the 2 nights we were there. The mattress was awful... We could feel the mattress springs!

The location and the staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Location was great!
    • Standard Room

No light in the bathroom except in the shower. Very small room, but that's what it's like in NYC! No wifi in rooms.

Location was great! Very comfortable bed! Beautiful shower!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

It was an awesome stay and I would stay again.
    • Standard Room

Some rooms didn’t have windows and that wasn’t something I was used to. This made it seems like it was always night time when it really wasn’t but we made it work.

Staff was amazing and they helped fix a minor issue. They made sure the guests were happy and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

• Standard Room

Very loud. Some sort of outlet for large HVAC is entire back wall of adjoining property so loud. Had to ask for towels repeatedly. Lights burnt out.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Worst experience how can they don't have room available even though it was prepaid for 4 days.
    • Standard Room

I have booked my hotel room in advance through booking.com and had a note while booking that I will be reaching hotel between 12 to 1 am in the morning hours and they acknowledged my request saying Front desk was altered for your arrival between said timing and you are all set, got an email as well. On Saturday morning hours, I went to hotel at 12:15 am and the front desk told me there was no double bed rooms available even though I have booked double bedroom for my entire stay( 4 days). I was travelling with my family (6 years old kid) and we flying from Dallas which is little longer flight to nyk. The Front desk told me they can temporarily give me a single bed room for a day and next day they would have me switched to double bed, since I don't have any option I agreed for it and checked-in. After taking the keys and going to room I see the bed was a kids bed which is around 2.5 to 6 feet and the room size was 6 to 8 feet room with small attached bath room, I could not walk around bed and it smells gross, after watching the room my kid was very upset we need to stay in that tiny room, we talked to manager and he said no other rooms are available .. sorry sir. I told him this is not what I have booked for how can you have 2 person and kid fit in that room, he understood it is not the right room to stay for a family. Finally after little talk, he asked if I can stay in Amertania hotel which of same group but little away from time square for a night and comeback here tomorrow so that they can have my double bed room ready. I don't have much choice or options at middle of the night with kid so I have agreed to it. I took a taxi and went to the hotel and showed him some cover/letter give me front desk of Amsterdam hotel, he opened and sealed cover and try to reach the Front desk of Amsterdam hotel and could not get hold of them.

I haven't stayed there completely but got a glimpse of a hotel as I was given a single bed (kids bed) room (room size 6*8 feet) to stay with 3 a kid even though I have booked double bed room. I could not finish my whole experience/review in "what did not you like" section due to character limit. Overall I would not give a single star for the hotel, only the front desk appearance is good and don't ever book this hotel. They have room which are very small and tiny not good for families, I want to tell the complete story but had to limit it due to space issues, I have to go through all this headache between 1 to 2 am with a kid and after a long flight from dal to nyk LaGuardia and ride from airport to timesquare, You can see how irresponsible hotel management was with customers who prepay for their stay and mentions the exact time of arrival. My next day was wasted because of this room shifting and time waste ... bottom line .. hotel sucks sucks very big time .. DON"T even think of booking.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Great if you just need a room
    • Standard Room

poorly equipped rooms (no safe, iron, ...), no ice machine, room service at minimum level (floor/vacuum cleaner ... poor), roof terrace under construction w/o notification, ...

location and style of renovated rooms; good rates,

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

• Standard Room

Bathroom wasn't well spaced out and shower wasn't too powerful. No draws to put anything in. Quite noisy. Fan in room gave off a strange smell.

Great location. Clean towels and bed made daily. Friendly staff. Nice restaurant joined to hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

It was fine, but lack of a hair dryer when I had to leave early in the morning was an inconvenience.
    • Standard Room

Room was small. Hotel took $75 in case of missing items or mini bar expenses, yet the room had no mini bar, and didn't have a hair dryer.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Amazing once the room was changed
    • Standard Room

Toilet flooded and we had to change rooms and the room was very small for two people

The second room we were given was amazing: huge room, floor length mirror, huge bathroom and large flat screen tv.

worst experience ever
    • Standard Room

1. the bathroom door was broke 2. on my second day the toilet got flooded 3. you need to pay for Wifi and its slow 4. no signal/3G inside of the room 5. on my third day it was raining and the water leaked inside the room 6. a lot of noise you could hear the people from the other rooms 7. its not worth the money 8. there was no window ! it was like a cave 9. the AC is super noisy, very old model, after the rain i was scared of turning it on and get electrified since it got filled with rain water

Only the location close to time square, other than that nothing. i would not recommend this hotel to any one

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Pretty small but really good location and staff are...
    • Standard Room

It will be better if Reception could have 2 employees if expecting many guests checking in and out, sometimes, it is really crowded at the lobby.

Pretty small but really good location and staff are professional

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

I thought the girls at front desk was wonderful.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I thought the room and bathroom was very small. The place wasn't very clean.. Our shower dripped all night long.

I thought the girls at front desk was wonderful. Also the gentleman named Ben was very very helpful with our luggage and getting us a taxi.. He was very nice.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Enjoyable stay in a clean plesent hotel
    • Standard Room

no wifi in the rooms so difficult to make contact with the outside world or try and look up directions if outside of the map they offer while relaxing as need to go to the lobby, also Lift 2 is to be amazed as has roof panels missing

Good location central to amenities required, pubs and shops literally along the street that the hotel is located on, we managed to walk the length of the island from our location

A pleasant stay with great staff in a brilliant location
    • Standard Room

Rooms are a quite small. There was no extractor fan in the bathroom which meant a big build up of steam which then seeped into the main room.

Very good location with easy and quick access to the the Metro. Times square only around the corner and central park within walking distance. Bed relatively comfy. Staff very welcoming and always wanting to help in anyway they could.

Location was great.
    • Standard Room

The bed was to large for the room and we both knocked our shines a number of times on the corners. We're told there was a good roof terrace, but no seating and full of work gear, as its being updated. Best not to tell guests!

Location was great. We had an internal bedroom, which was fine as it cut out the street noise, and we were only sleeping there. Staff were very helpful and organised a shuttle to JFK for us at a faction of the price of a taxi.

Great bodywash/shampoo selection.
    • Standard Room

The room was really small. The ac felt like something I could by for $60 on Target and was intermittently so loud that it woke me from my sleep. The bed was low to the ground so it felt like you were sleeping on the floor. There were no tables or drawers to put any of your clothes, cell phone, wallet etc before bed and you could see that the wallpaper and construction were haphazardly put together because you could see a hole through the wall were the electric socket met the misaligned/slanted wallpaper and there were still measurements written largely on the floorboard trims.

Great bodywash/shampoo selection.

I will not stay in Amsterdam in future & won't recommend to one.

I had booked & paid for a King size room. When I reached the hotel, they said King size room is not available & gave a small room with barely space to walk. They blamed Booking .com for this goof-up. Whoever it may be, I had to suffer two nights as I had already paid the room rent. But they gave complimentary breakfast for this mistake.

Only location & staff.

The price should even be lower.
    • Superior Room

Tiny room. Even smaller bathroom. Bed almost on the floor. Very hard to get out of.The price should even be lower. Hall way smell like paint. Maid came too early.

Friendly desk clerks

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Exploring NY 4 days.

There was no wi fi in the room, but if You wanted it, it was like 10 usd a day ;)) Thats a bit strange.. So used free wifi from other hotel which worked perfectly in the room.. So it is not very nice for Amsterdam Court hotel.. Everything else was good.

Was really good plave and location. 3 min walk to the Times Square. Really nice big room with all You need. Staff was friendly. Ordered taxi to the airport and so on.

This place is discounted for a reason...
    • Standard Room

Staff wouldn't check me in at 3pm. Told me to return in 1.5 hrs because the room wasn't ready and then lied to the manager saying I was trying to check in at 2:30! They did offer me breakfast the next day but still totally ruined my dinner plans... not worth it to me.

POOR ON MONEY MANAGEMENT.
    • Standard Room

THE HOTEL CHARED ME $75 FOR INCIDENTALS THIS FEE WAS NOT MENTION IN THE POLICY BOOKING.COM. I DIDN'T GET A RECEIPT AT CHECKOUT. MY $75 WILL BE HELD FOR 2 WEEKS. WHY?

Clean, comfy bed, good location, nice cold air conditioning ...

WiFi avaialable in rooms

Clean, comfy bed, good location, nice cold air conditioning everything we needed. The rooms are small but that’s normal for NYC and unless you’re confined to barracks that shouldn’t be a problem. The recently renovated rooms look good but they might not stand the test of time as everything seems a little bit rushed/ slightly unfinished. This did not effect us in anyway They seemed to continuing rennovations to improve the hotel during our stay.

They were happy to keep our bags for us for the day after we...
    • Standard Room

The phone was disconnected, and they said they'd 'send an engineer', but they never did. Also there was no room around the bed - our cases barely fit in the room with us.

They were happy to keep our bags for us for the day after we checked out, so that we didn't have to lug them round NY with us, which was appreciated.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was really small you couldn’t even walk around the second bed. No central A/C only window unit that didn’t put out very well and the elevator took forever.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

3.5
    Just a place to sleep, then get out.
    • Standard Room

They are making it on their location. Front desk lady was rude, guy was ok. Facilities are dirty and outdated. No windows very dark, gloomy and depressing

Location is great

Location was key, right around the block from all the action...
    • Standard Room

WiFi not being included with the hotel room stay, beds were uncomfortable

Location was key, right around the block from all the action of time square without the price tag of a time square hotel while still being very clean and not a ratty hotel. If i were to go back to NYC I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Loved the location!
    • Standard Room

No ice machines. Had to call front desk every time we needed ice and it took awhile to get it. No fridge in room even though there was space for one. Only one elevator so it takes awhile.

Loved the location! Close to subway, Times Square, great bars and restaurants. Staff was super friendly.

You pay for what you get but a great location. I would return just for the location.

Slow response to requests for toilet repair (four days of written requests without a response). Expensive breakfast for what you got. Go outside and your can get more, better quality and less costs. The hotel is old and needs upgrading,

Location, roof top

The staff at reception need training in how to speak to guests.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Terrible service at reception which unfortunately soured the whole stay. We were put in a room at the end of a corridor right next to a generator outside the window which sounded as if the room was at the end of the runway.

The roof terrace

Considering its central location, light sleepers may be bothered by outdoor sounds, which was not an issue for us ;)

Location, near to Times Square. Best for tourists who want to catch NYC main attractions on a short visit.

Hotel is not 3 star ranking.

Hotel is not 3 star ranking. No tea cattle and refrigerator in room And also curtains damaged which allowed sunlight to enter in room which is really disturbing for sleeping. Secondly, They have charged for items not consumed out of room services. I really dont know why they hold deposit 75 usd and which will take another 10 days to revert to credit card and total amount of rooms charges for my 3 night booking was taken on day one, however, other hotel in usa not holding deposit and not prepayment of room rent. It appears they do not rely on guest specially man on reception, name i cant remember.

This hotel is an affordable, clean, and updated place to stay in Times Square.
    • Standard Room

The bathroom updates were nice but 'on the cheap' as the tub was original and the tile/grout were spray painted. A bit odd.

The room was updated and very nice.

Location, free wifi, free coffee
    • Standard Room

Extremely small rooms. The smallest I have ever experienced in NYC. Bed sizes do not match the description. We were forced to upgrade to more expensive room with a larger bed - we are athletic tall figures, not chubby. We have seen other couple having the same issue. Won't be coming back,very disappointing.

Location, free wifi, free coffee

Stay away!!!!
    • Superior Room

Staff were unprofessional. Don’t go there!! I have stayed at better hotels for lesser amount.

Just overall bad experience. Our room wasn’t ready when we got there (an hour after check in time). The hallway was hot (no ac). There were construction being done so it was messy.

Terrific location - wonderful staff
    • Standard Room

Water pressure in the sink was too strong and went onto the floor. I mentioned it to staff and they said it would be fixed - gave me a complimentary breakfast and wonderful bottle of wine - good call. I've stayed there three times and plan to stay again next year.

Wonderful staff! Comfy bed, outstanding location, coffee/tea/water in the lounge area, great rooftop area.

Needs improvements
    • Deluxe Double Room

For the price of the hotel not even a bottle of water complimentary. I own a guest house in Jamaica and for $72 all my guests get complimentary bottle of water and full breakfast. I understand it is in the center of Manhattan, bottle of water cost less then a $ so this much the hotel could offer after charging all that money.

The location was great.

very nice, perfect place to stay if you`re looking to be in the center.
    • Superior Room

I didn`t like that the room was a bit dirty, extremely noisy, and small, I could not even open the door due to the bed and had to bring my luggages in the room one by one.

I loved the location and that I was able to get my room earlier than the normal check in time

Great location.... Little else to commend
    • Standard Room

Uncomfortable beds Crazily noisy air conditioning Original room had minute bathroom.... Which then had water pouring through light fitting in ceiling so we were moved to a more pleasant room WiFi required constant reconnection but was free

Friendly staff It will probably be nicer once they finish refurbishing....

Everything from the location, price, staff, &...
    • Standard Room

Everything from the location, price, staff, & rest/lounge were perfect & exceeded my expectations. I'll definitely be back & refer others !

The property was exactly what we were looking for.
    • Standard Room

The property was exactly what we were looking for. A beautiful New York hotel. The architecture of the building is what made me want to book there and I am glad we did. I love the modern upgrades along with original character. The room was great and it was clean and looked newly renovated. The staff was super friendly. I will definitely stay here every NY trip!!

The wallpaper in the room was hanging off the walls, the hallways to the rooms looked very outdated. Breakfast/recreation area not very nice. Just a blank room with tables and chairs.

Great location. Large comfortable bed. Friendly staff.

Horribly tiny rooms where the door couldn't open...
    • Standard Room

Horribly tiny rooms where the door couldn't open completely and would hit the bed. AC doesn't even work, everything about this place is pathetic except the location. Not worth the money

the location
    • Superior Room

In process of remodel so steps were bad but to use elevator it was super slow. First morning there we woke up with ants all over our garbage and in room. Told front desk and they did take care of it but not sure what they sprayed in room but after that point my eyes were red and itchy I asked at front desk they said it was probably allergies! I've never had any seasonal type allergies except cats and certain sprays. Air conditioning barely worked, and the refrig. was barely cold. Needed to call for ice to keep things cool.

the location

Never again.
    • Standard Room

Water pressure in room 509 was very low resulting in wasteful multiple flushes and water presssure was so low at night that clearing flushes had to wait until the following morning.It took 5 minutes at 6.00 a.m. for the shower to have hot water.The phone in my room was broken and mislabeled as belonging to room 511. Toiletries were not refreshed next day.Room had very poor sound insulation both from very loud street level noise and the hotel corridors.The physical layout of the room meant that the chair and desk couldn't be used as they were too close to the bed itself.Breakfast was extremely basic.Boiled eggs were served boiling hot without egg cups and appropriately sized spoons.It was a very poorly run hotel.The safety railings on the 5th floor had been removed from the wall and were left lying on the stairwell for the days I was there.The elevator I rode had not had a safety inspection for over 16 months.

One younger latino lady on the desk staff was very pleasant and helpful to guests,she deserves to work at a much better hotel,the others seemed like trainees and some were simply disinterested.At least the bellman was helpful.

I wouldn't come back, I felt like I was sleeping in a closet

The size of the rooms

I came to New York for my one year wedding anniversary,I wasn't pleased with the size of the room,very small, by the middle of the week I changed to another hotel ,also have to pay for breakfast and snacks that are placed in the room

Great Location - Room Too Small
    • Superior Room

Room was too small also was not notified during check in that if we drink water that was in the room it cost $5 per bottle. Water should have been complimentary especially for a room that has no fridge or microwave. There were some type of flying bugs.

Extremely close to Time Square

Best located, shabby place.
    • Superior Room

Room was smaller than expected, Window air conditioning was very, very noisy & not cooling. Bathroom was clean but shabby with stains of repainting in many places .Absolutely inadequate breakfast for the price

Location of the Hotel,, staff & house keeping.

Great location, some incredibly rude staff, some really nice staff, tiny, tiny rooms and narrow bed.
    • Standard Room

The staff upon check in were exceedingly rude and unhelpful. I booked a double room on booking.com, and they tried to put us in a room with a 38" single bed. When we went back to the front desk to say that thos was absolutely unacceptable, we were told that that was their standard "double" room and that "double rooms are not for two people". I pointed out that this was not what I had booked and that I was completely unprepared to pay for it, we were shown a slightly larger room, with a bed that was approximately a full bed, with a room that was a tiny bit larger than the bed. The bellman was honest with us and admitted that they had overbooked the hotel drastically, but the woman on the front desk was insistent that this was what I had booked and paid for, although it clearly wasn't. The hotel is also undergoing renovations, so at times during our stay the water was turned off, and the stairways were inaccessible due to paining, which sometimes led to long wait-times for the elevator. It worked as a touring base, but you have to get on well with your roommate as you have to coordinate who can open their suitcase when - surviving practically in the room requires being good at sliding puzzles, constantly shuffling rucksacks and cases to find enough room to get dressed etc. :-)!

The location was fantastic.

I won’t recommend this hotel
    • Standard Room

Room really small, we couldn’t even open the door half way to get in. No space to put our suitcases or even open them without putting them on the bed. Heat really loud all the time

Perfect location, right midtown. Good size bathroom

Location was great.
    • Standard Room

Very small room. Water in shower not hot and too much pressure. And very basic room otherwise. Don’t pay for the breakfast- you can to an awesome bagel spot in the area or pret. Breakfast so overpriced.

Location was great. Close to the trains and plenty of places to eat. Very clean.

Horrible experience; quickly disappointed.
    • Standard Room

I didn’t like that when i arrived at 3pm for check in; i was told by staff which i confirmed that there was no running water for about an 1 1/2. After coming back into the hotel from walking in humid weather and wanting to take a bath... @9:30pm there was no washrags in the entire hotel. I was told that they were all wet and hadn’t been washed yet. It wasn’t until close to 11pm after much complaining that i was given clean rags. I had been offered and given hand towels. Female Staff at the front desk told me that it wasn’t a big deal and shared that she uses a sponge to wash which was irrelevant information. I didn’t like that we didn’t have in/out privileges at the local garage that the hotel worked with. There was no free wifi😱 There was a bed that felt and looked like a full bed but staff continued to say it was a queen. I am 5”1 and could almost touch the top and bottom of the bed. It was not a queen. The hotel was 7 floors. I requested an upper floor and was given the 2nd floor. We were unable to use the stairs due to renovations that was not listed on the site prior to booking that there would be noise and materials all over due to renovations. Needless to say, i do not recommend it.

The location is perfect. Its in the heart of times square; everything is right outside the hotel. There is parking available next door for $40/ a day.

Bed space as hotel room.
    • Standard Room

I booked a room for two through booking.com and I was given a room which was not even good for one. Tiny bed space with old Airconditioner. The hotel rooms were under renovation. Though I asked for change of room being a genius member of booking.com, the hotel front desk staff clearly said they don't care who you are and we have no concern with booking.com they are just booking engines.

Rubbish.
    • Superior Room

Room wasn't what was advertised. No natural light. Not enough space. Dark and dingey . No kettle. No chair. Couldn't open bathroom door fully as bed was too big for the room. Lots of other things that would take too long to list .

The location.

Perfect for a short break
    • Standard Room

About a 10 minute walk to central park. I was only in the city for one night but would happily stay in the hotel for longer. Location is amazing and well worth the money. Staff are lovely too.

Great location and good value for money
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were 3 adults sharing a room and it was too small really. Would be ok for 2 friends sharing but chances are you are not spending a pile of time in your room in NYC

Location.. best thing about it. Just off Broadway, close to Times Square and within 20 minute walk to all the tourist things you would want to see and do in the area

I recomended pay a little more for better class of room.
    • Standard Room

Air conditioning was very noisy, also our view from window was only to wall of next bulding - it means almost no sunshine.

Great location and staff. Hotel was under reconstruction, but we did not feel it. We had issue with toilet, but they solved it very quickly.

Bare basic stark room.
    • Standard Room

The bed was like sleeping on a box spring with a wooden bar across it. The toilet wouldn’t flush without juggling the handle for five minutes. The room was tiny and lacked any cuteness. No curtains were even on the tiny window.

It’s located in the middle of everything! Easy walking to Broadway, Central Park, subways and more.

Location is attractive.
    • Standard Room

The hotel is in Renovation - it was not mention in the booking.com when publications were done. Noise is coming from the outside no way to avoid it. And the construction noise is very problematic.

Location is attractive.

I will never ever stay in this hotel
    • Superior Room

The hotel Is under reconstruction. Lot of dust, noises, small room, bath is really bad. Avoid this hotel. Nearr you will find the Citizens wich is much much better

Very happy. Would come back and stay again.
    • Standard Room

The construction being carried out during our stay was irritating as we couldn't use the stairs and the lift was really slow so we had to wait around for it all the time

Incredible location, a walking distance to everything! The hotel is not really fancy but it was clean and the staff were very friendly. I really enjoyed my stay!

You can't trust that a "superior room" is good.
    • Superior Room

We had a reservation for a "Superior Room". We got room 402. It was a poor room: very small (no room for storage of your clothes etc). Outside our window was a big generator placed which made an awfull noice 24/7.

Good if you only sleep there
    • Standard Single Room

The finishes in the room were poor. Paint brush marks on the tiles in the bathroom. Grouting required. Paper mache around the pipes

Very central location close to everything. I stayed while they were being renovated so that might have put me off a bit. I'm sure it'll be great when it's finished

Loved the location of the hotel, the rooms weren so small as...
    • Standard Room

They didn’t told us that they were remodeling, when we entered the hotel it didn’t seem like one, so the first impression was horrible.

Loved the location of the hotel, the rooms weren so small as I expected. Everything is brand new.

Not 5 star but all you need in centre of Manhattan
    • Standard Room

Ongoing renovations on lobby flooring have to watch your step. Only 1 lift operating for first 2 days leading to queues. Workman all over hotel. AC in room could not be switched off and was noisy. Fridge not working but replaced on request quickly.

It's position near Times Square, Broadway and the Metro station... Couldn't be better. The staff were friendly and obliging and tried to accommodate any request.. Unexpected breakfast room serving cerials, yogurt, breads, pastries, fruit and juice for 12 dollars open 6 till 10.30. Free tea and coffee and chilled water. Comfortable bed, nice toiletries, strong shower. Clean room.

We were not allocated to the room we payed for in the first...

We were not allocated to the room we payed for in the first instance. The room we were allocated was tiny, falling apart and very poor. We complained and then were then moved to a room that we did pay for which was a lot better but the sink was blocked and the taps in the shower did not work properly. In the morning we asked to love hotels and we’re booked into a sister hotel which was so much better.

Very good location for Time Square.

Hotel is being revamped currently, wifi not very good in the rooms drops off, they should pre warn guests before hand and give option to book else where with no cancellation charge or at least offer discount for this.

Very good location for Time Square.

It was a relaxing stay.
    • Standard Room

The Rude BREAKFAST STAFF. She NEEDS to be Retrained and be Taught how to Talk to the Guests. And also how to Treat All Guests with Respect and not just Some Guests. Very Rude Woman. Another thing was the Breakfast not being Included in the Hotel Package.

The Hotel was Clean, Beautiful, Quiet and in a Great Location. Also it was not Fair that the Breakfast was not Included in the whole Package. My friend stayed down the block from me, Paid Less for her hotel, she Got Breakfast and it was on Broadway. That will be my Hotel on my next Trip.

Great location dirty hotel.
    • Standard Room

The first room we were given was totally inadequate far too small no space for clothes or shoes probably ok for 1 night if you did not have to take anything out of your case. We were in the room for 10 minutes and we had banged our legs on the bed surround about 20 times. After my wife complained we were moved to a larger room, the finish and workmanship to the decor and toilet was very poor. No clean up after workmen dust everywhere.

Great location, but many...
    • Standard Room

During our stay the hotel was renovating. The wall in my room had small holes around the window. Because of that whole night we heard car horns. The next day we decided to stay in another hotel.

Only the location

Great stay at Amsterdam court
    • Deluxe Double Room

There’s a bit of building work going on at the moment we weren’t told about before arriving although we didn’t actually hear anything we were aware the work was going on as builders were present etc

Had an issue with rooms once we got there but staff sorted it out quickly for us! Excellent location literally round the corner from Times Square. Close to subways, big spacious rooms with comfy beds. Restaurant next to the hotel was always packed. Good value for money, clean rooms, hot water!

• Standard Room

Staff could have advised us of the renovations while booking. No accomadation or even acknowledgment of/for disruption due to renovations.

The room was extra small, it was difficult to even maneuver around the room. Renovations disrupted EVERY aspect of the hotel.

The breakfast was good.
    • Superior Room

Constructions in hotel and outside hotel. No proper communication between staff.

The breakfast was good. Bed was very comfortable. Room was clean and neat.Location was great.

Good location, but it sort of stops there

See my comments above

Although the website says there is 24/7 coffee and tea, there isn’t. And the coffee, offered only in the morning, is pretty lousy. $12.00 for the continental breakfast they offer is way too much, and delivered in a fairly unadorned cellar room. The one elevator wasn’t always working, although it was fixed quickly. The location is great for midtown theater and midtown activities and it’s on the lower side of the cost of a nyc room. The room was tiny, despite an upgrade to 2 beds (yes, comfortable) and had no shelving or bureau of any sort, although there was a closet with 6 hangers. Most annoying was the ongoing construction, supposedly happening over the past 6 months (this is written in late May, 2018). The lobby floor is being replaced and it’s quite disruptive to everyone walking through. There is supposedly a rooftop area, but when I went up there, the entire area was taken up with construction materials. There is no heads up about the ongoing construction on the website. The lobby and housekeeping personnel were quite nice and tried to be accommodating. Thanks to my status with booking.com, we were able to keep our room on our final day until 1pm which was convenient. Next time, though, I’ll look for a different hotel I think.

Basic
    • Standard Room

Bathroom in need of a lot of renovation. Air conditioning was very very noisy. Hotel was being decorated which made it dusty and cluttered.

Room clean.

Everything was amazing great location !
    • Standard Room

Room was abit small but the beds were unreal so comfy

Everything was amazing great location !!! Literally round the corner from Times Square. Receptionist said hello every time you walk in or out they were super friendly. Defo good value for money!!

Browse Amsterdam Court Hotel traveller photo gallery