Reviews of Anchor Inn 3 stars

215-34 Northern Boulevard, Queens, NY 11361, USA

#95 of 119 hotels in Queens

• Double Studio

Staff. Room was not accessible by elevator.

There was very little options for the breakfast included. Fitness center is small. Staff is rude and not polite. Eating at counter when Checking in and out.

Elevator did not work, we got stuck in it and front desk did not responded! A guest and the maintenance guy that was was waiting on the elevator had to help us out of it! Stairways smelled like weed!!! Rooms were old, beds creaked bad. A/C was either freezing or to Hot! This was an old Booty hotel which they try to rent out as an upper scale hotel, but they FAILED!

The elevator was broken both days we was there! Rooms are old, beds creek bad when u move on them, A/C was either frezzing or to warm, parking is horrid!! Smell of weed in the stairways, this was an “Hourly Rent” type of hotel converted into a regular hotel, staff tried their best to make you comfortable, but they are wasting their time!!! I got stuck in the elevator for 20 mins and no staff responded to the emergency bell, a guest and the maintenance guy had to help my family out of the elevator, front desk never responded and did not want to give us a discount on our room either!

Front desk stuff at checkin was fair, the person at morning was good and approachable. We were stuck on elevator then the stuff was yelling at us over speaker that the elevator is out of order and he was asking don’t we read the instructions that the elevator is not working??? But swear to god there was no instruction at basement when we try to hop on the poor old fashioned 2 man carry only elevator, later I saw I guy pasting instructions on the elevator door. May be the stuffs are over exhausted and forget to behave with customer then end up ruining the customers day. Overall- price for the room is overrated than the quality.

Bed quality.

Room smelled of cigarette smoke, dirty blanket on bed. When asked if we could get a different room I was told there were none available and was given a can of air freshener to spray our room but asked to return when done. Horrible TV ( poor connection and shows were all snow, static) We were eventually given another room. Would not book this location again.

• Standard King Room

Replenishment of food at breakfast could have been better. There was no one to keep an eye. We had to approach the front desk first day. We helped ourselves from the refrigerator final day.

Centrally located. Easy access to public transport and restaurants. Spacious room by New York standard.

Bath tub jacuzzi was dirty especially the walls were muggy...I didn't use it any that was the main reason for staying at that hotel. I was very disappointed.

The staff

• Standard King Room

I specified when I was gonna get into the hotel, and I did, the staff mentioned my name correctly to the property was fully aware I was coming. So how come I still didn’t get anyone help me with my heavy luggage?? The receptionist assisted for a bit and left it half way. Still had to carry it up to my room alone and bring it down when I was leaving all alone. The room I got looked so poor, I was just too tired to complain because I had just arrived from a 12 hr journey and also I was only staying for less than 6hrs. The bed wasn’t neat, I saw a lady’s earring on the floor, some of the room parts was dusty. The rug felt dirty. I honestly wouldn’t stay here again.

The staff I met when I first got in was friendly. The toilet is small but a little bit neat like 85% clean.

Room didn’t look like the picture...kids were running up and down the hallways at 7am...it was a little far..

It was available...breakfast was ok...staff very friendly..they have parking for my car..

• Standard King Room

The breakfast selection was very limited....the tv in my room kept cutting off and switching channels...and the heat wasn’t working properly when I turned it on

The bed was comfortable and parking

• Standard King Room

Some of the furniture in the room is mediocre. The chairs had some stains, things like that. But it got the job done. Room 108.

Great bed. Staff was friendly. Parking garage is great.

No microwave in the rooms and staff had refused to let us use microwave downstairs during the night.

We like the staff which is the housekeeping. We like the price and how the room was cleaned .

• King Studio

What I didn’t like about the property was the fact that the minute I opened the entrance door to the main lobby, it smelled so badly of weed. I mentioned it to the person who assisted me at the desk and he apologized. Weed although not legal here is something you can’t run away from. It’s just a shame that you walk into a hotel such as the Anchor Inn, it unfortunately smelled like weed. I have stew there a couple of times and didn’t have any issues. It was just my luck this time around that I experienced that. Overall I enjoy staying there.

I enjoyed the fact the staff is very friendly, the hotel is down the block from my place as they are my go to for a peace of mind. I loved the fact of me having a kitchenette HOWEVER NO POTS, etc. do what was the point.

We booked a room for 3 adults expecting 2 beds. None were available at @9pm when we checked in and took a king sized bed in order to avoid a protracted wait for a cleaning crew to clean a double (none were on duty according to desk staff). Bathroom was in poor condition. Hotel smelled of smoke (room came with ashtray!)

We wait for three hours for check in,and finally I can enter my room is about 2am, just because ther are still cleaning the room. I can understand there were lots of book because of the flight cancellations. Next time please be prepared this suitation, the check in experience was horrible. However, still thanks for making room nice and clean.

A large and clean room

Parking seemed a little tight. T.v. reception wasn't clear at all. I felt if you're getting one of the best rooms, it should at least one adult channel or movie should be included and a couple bottles of water in the fridge.

Very nice looking building. The room I received had a few nice extras. Would request the same room next visit.

Nothing in the photo looks nice but in person not good They charge tax for bed and the bed is old blankets is no to good for cover yourself to much money to stay per night 2 starts motel because is no a hotel 😠😠😠😠😠😠

Breakfast is poor

No elwctric kettle to boil water and the bathroom’s toilet hits the door. And its too pricey for an Inn.

Accessibiity to public trasport and groceries and restaurant.

• Standard King Room

Bed sheet had old stain on it and it was not professional. Bed box was ripped and it looks like it was there for years. It could be better.It was loud at times on the 2nd floor.

Tv channels.

Hotel rooms were horrible ,we had our kids and right before putting my baby on the bed there were TICKS I took a picture of it and call the staff he went right away he switch us rooms and said he apologize for that he upgraded the room but they still charge us the same amount i thought they could discount one night but the man on front of the desk said we already upgrade the room but the upgrade was only that had a kitchen when we never even used it or needed, I DON´T recommend this hotel even worse if you have your kids. Also the lady in charge of the breakfast she is rude and does not even say good morning or anything besides breakfast is only waffles that u have to make and bagels cut in half if you are still there at 9:45 am she starts taking everything out.Normal hotels will even have at least fruit and better stuff.

The front of the hotel that is all

There was no heat. I have a cold still from the night stay. I planned to stay another night but couldn't due to the heat.

I enjoyed almost everything.

The room smelled like urine and smoke. Water stains in several places on ceiling. Light switches had visibly dried something on them. Blood-stained sheets. Holes in blanket. Filthy bathroom door. Excellent shower. Wallpaper was so old and dirty. All furniture was stained and gross. At checkout, the employee never asked how was everything, so I just spoke up and told him. He just stared at me. Never said sorry or anything.

The shower was good.

The smoke detector kept making noises they didn't change the battery until the next morning the Jacuzzi made a horrible sound so I didn't enjoy that either.

The location was good and the room was clean

• Standard King Room

Crack in celing, peeling plaster, trash overflowing in breakfast area. Used coffee filter was left in my machine in room.

Very quiet, easy access to car, friendly helpful staff.

• Standard King Room

I got there and was rudely told there is no booking reserved for me after travelling all the distance. I will never visit this hotel or use booking.com again never. This was a total embarrassment.

The room I stayed in smelt very bad and was very muggy. The air conditioner didn't work properly, nor did the fridge or safety box. I mentioned this to the front desk. They stated that someone would be up to have a look at it, however no one showed up( mind you I mentioned this to them the first and second day of my stay and it was not rectified on either days). One of the towels that were in the bathroom had a lipstick stain on it( this was noticed the first day in my room). The beds were fitted with sheets on a double bed made for a queen size. Really, at this point I think you get the picture.

I liked the staff. Very friendly!

The room was nice and the bathroom was clean. We really enjoyed the breakfast. Fresh bagels and you can make your own waffles. The price was affordable and convenient to our destination. Would stay there again.

The lobby smelt of smoke.

There wasn't much I disliked about the hotel nor nothing that made it spectacular but it did the job for me. I was able to sleep comfortably and felt safe in the area. There are enough places to eat in the area as well.

• Standard King Room

Facilities a bit dated but well maintained. Getting around inside is a bit of a maze. Could be a little better marked.

Walking distance to venue we were attending. Bed was comfortable. Free parking.

• Standard King Room

Housekeeping was rude and on their phones. There was a dirty coffee pot with coffee still in it in our room when we checked in.

Location was great and friendly front desk staff

Location and my room were right by garbage pickup which most mornings occurred about 5am

The staff (especially Louis if I'm spelling his name correctly) was very helpful. All staff were very courteous.

Housekeeping was abysmal, bathroom stunk of marijuana smoke, part of a joint found on back of toilet, called front desk about it, housekeeping girl ran into bathroom and grabbed joint and left, nothing else was done, lobby next morning smelled like marijuana; bed sheets wayyy too small for bed and kept coming off, staff was not welcoming in the slightest, not helpful, acted as if it was a bother, did not even return greetings, dont believe any of them spoke english, mattress was very worn , had springs sticking up, cobwebs and dust in room, got room for jacuzzi tub but after running a wet washcloth over surface of tub and the cloth turned brown, neither of us dared get in; television had very bad reception, remote to television only worked if you were standing to the left of television holding it level, volume on remote didnt work at all, called front desk about it and was brought a new remote that worked the same, the Direct tv continually would restart again and again; it became almost a joke to see what would happen next, but having paid decent money for a joke just wasnt cool; will never stay in that nightmare again, would recommend anyone even considering booking here not do it or cancel if you already have, Booking.com should remove them from their lists

The location was alright

• Standard King Room

The breakfast could have better options. For example: eggs, sausages, and fruit. Only options were waffles "that you have to make yourself", mini muffins, yogurt, oatmeal and cereal.

I liked that everything was clean, and the staff was nice.

• Standard King Room

Price was Lied I booked it at 138 why then was I charged 160 a night breakfast what breakfast bagels cut in half no toaster or cream cheese and a waffle maker tv horrible picture

Bed was comfy

The price was much more than I wanted to pay. I was traveling to NYC for the weekend to see my boyfriend. We ended up splitting the price but it was about a $100+ a person which was steep for us both. But I think due to the influx of people coming from Hurricane Irma in FL which was causing a lot of hotels to be sold out, I guess we were lucky to have found a room at all.

The walk-in shower. The bed was really comfortable. The room was very clean and nice, even upscale.

The attention one guy was playing video games, they pay more attention to the hour guest, I tried three rooms they were all dirty and this places has BeDBUGS, this place should checked by hotel laws.

Horrible experience got there very tied the first room was dirty the second one as well the third one there were hairs in the jacuzzi, and to top it there were bedbugs so disgusting never again.

• Double Studio

The pillows were not comfortable, but the sheets and rest of the bed were fair. The shampoo, etc. wasnot adequate.

The room good except that the pillows were uncomfortable. The location was difficult to reach. The staff had an atittude when we arrived regarding our confusion with the room. The room keys were not working correctly and we had to fix them several times. The staff just did not seem helpful and able to communicate well.

• Standard King Room

Lighting in the room. A.C. unit would not cool the room (its summer 92 degrees) - plugged in Iron and the breaker tripped for the room... pitch black. Moldy ceiling, that has been painted over again and again. The property is very old and dark. The Breakfast was cereal and coffee... 1 waffle maker for about 200 rooms - you do the math. Staff was nice, but the room was dark and hot.

Location close to where I needed to spend my days and nights visiting. That's it.

Even though they switched our because of T.V. issues with the picture freezing or not being clear, there was no real variey, their excuse was it was because we payed in cash, when we pay in cash in other hotels and there is a wide variety without having to payper view channels. Secondly the while watching the T.V. just when your about to get right into a show the T.V. channel would change o it own and the volume would go way up. Thirdly in order to change the channel, or change the sound you had to sit right in front of the T.V. on the edge of the bed.

They tried to go the extra mile when something is wrong. For instance when we checked in it was late, all we wanted to do was eat the food we brought take a bath watch T.V. and fall off to sleep. When we got settled in the room we found the T.V. wasn't working properly after two tries of trying to sort it out, they changed our room. Clean and smelled nice, staff actually looked like staff and not guests on welfare. Was very easy to access whatever you wanted, variety of shops, eaterys, and convient stores aound you.

The room had an odd mirror that looks like the door to a wide closet. Instead, it opens into the bathroom. Very strange. The breakfast is advertised as a "deluxe continental," which may be overstating the facts. It includes three cold cereals, instant oatmeal, teeny muffins, bagels, and waffles you make yourself. For a long day, we were hoping for either hearty oatmeal or eggs. This is only a problem because there are no restaurants we could find in the neighborhood that are open for breakfast. One, the Bayside Diner, says it is open for breakfast, but doesn't open until 11 a.m. The Starbucks across the street is the best bet. The room could also have used a dusting now and then. The bathroom was clean, but much of the surface areas were a little dusty.

The staff were helpful and friendly. Although cleaning the room is not provided every day, we were asked each morning if we needed anything. If we did, it was taken care of immediately. We needed to be relatively close to the LIRR and a house rented by other family members, so the location worked for us. The bed was comfortable, and the area is quiet.

Property could use complete makeover exterior & interior. Cleaning, painting, decor. Extra charge for linens for sofa bed.

Price for the area and dates

• Standard King Room

Bathroom was updated but rest of room was seedy. Stain on chair and rug and curtains were filthy especially the shees which were in dire need of washing.

Location was near restaurant hosting my event

• Double Studio

Did not sleep due to people next door having wild sex and my wife and children was in the room we had to put the tv on and hope the kids dont wake up

The ladys that clean was very nice

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Standard King Room

Room was so horrible,evrythg from bedsheets to carpet was messy n full of stains,smelly room made my days n nights terrible. In the name of free breakfast,thy r only serving tea,coffee n some pieces of bread. Overall i won't recomend this hotel to anyone in future.

The front desk staff was so cooperative n always keen to help u out

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Standard King Room

Need I say more?? I typically stay at the marriott and this was a far cry

After traveling for hours. We arrived and our reservation couldn't be found so we spent over an hour, tired and exhausted with other disgruntled and appearing to be equally as tired customers trying to sort things out.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Standard King Room

The walls are very thin. Not relaxing place to stay. It's more for short stay vs overnight. Bathroom are small. Sheets on beds needs to be improved. Very disappointing

• Standard King Room

All things considered we were relatively satisfied with all aspects.

Breakfast was a bit sparse. Eggs or pancakes might help as well as English Muffins. Juice was a bit watered down. Breakfast was a slow starter. Room was very good. The bed was super-comfortable. A microwave might be a nice addition.

• Standard King Room

Morning staff told me there's no late check when i asked for it the night before. That morning i checked out the front staff person called my room to make sure i was out by 11am. Just for that reason i will never come back...

• King Studio

Let's see... dishes were dirty, room was dusty, staff that check you in don't communicate with check out staff about any changes leading you to argue, ooh whoever changed my bed left my room door wide open for who knows how long when I called to ask what's going on they had no clue who even cleaned room,🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅yeah level 10m**** ****** what!!!

When I left

• Standard King Room

The front dest clerk was hursh and very unfriendly and somewhat unprofessional bad manner he was very rude and I didn't like him at all

One cleaning lady who was so nice she even cleaned my room after we told her not to😁

• Room Selected at Check-In

Our room was not ready when we went to check in. We were given another room . They claimed it was a non-smoking room but It smelled like cigarette smoke and there were cigarette burns in the sofa and chairs.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Standard King Room

The hotel needs amakeover it's showing it's age

The room safe didn't work. , the coffee maker was broken , and for some reason the room key had to be redone daily

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Standard King Room

Room could have been cleaner & the breakfast needed some fruit & yoghurt, not just breads & waffles

Easy to walk to restaurants & shops

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Standard King Room

The bed didn't have a fitted sheet it just had a flat sheet covering the mattress and the staff weren't very welcoming.

Check in was easy but staff wasn't the most welcoming

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Standard King Room

Noise during the night from other guests in the hallways. Breakfast was horrendous luckily Starbucks is across the street.

Bed was comfortable, room and bathroom were clean. Good location close to many fast food restaurants and stores.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Standard King Room

When we walked into the room the pillows looked messy on the bed and it seemed like the room wasn't vacuumed.Staff could be friendlier.

I like the area l.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Parking was terrible. Couldn't find parking when I return late hours. Parking should be reserved so that we can go out without worrying about parking on the road when we returned. Anchor Inn needs improvement on Parking!!!!

I like the location. Room was clean. Staff was helpful. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Double Studio

My room is a bit old , but it doesn't bother me at all.

I'm travel with my family to visit my relatives and friends couple times in a year in Flushing ,NY. I'm not looking for fancy hotel to stay because mostly I will be outside and I just need a place for sleep. Since I traveled with my two little babies, it is good that they have a suite with oven which I can boiled babies bottles and have space that I can air dry it. The staffs are friendly and the room that I stayed in was comfortable and had lots of space for walking. The locations was great if you have a car to drive around. The Starbucks is just right across the street and the police station was nearby. I will definity come back for my next visit in New York City .

• Standard King Room

The address of the property is unnecessarily confusing and should be written in a more logical way.

One of the male staff went out of his way to explain buses and trains into New York. His advice was invaluable.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The mattress was uncomfortable and should to be replaced with a new one. We requested 2 more pillows but never received them.

It was clean and the staff was very helpful. The restaurant (Uncle Jack's Steakhouse on Bell Blvd.) which was recommended by the gentleman at front desk was superb!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Standard King Room

A bit worn out but not as bad as I expected considering some Yelp reviews. Pricey for what you get but that is New York City.

Large king sized bed. Great location for access to Bayside LIRR station to get to Manhattan.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Double Studio

Everything!! The staff was extremely nice...

We booked this hotel for three days. I was extremely disappointed when we got there. The pics online is a total misrepresentatio of this place. It wasnt clean. The breakfast does not compare to one that is served elsewhere. There is no eggs or bacon, no fruits, no yogurt. The choice of coffee from the machine is cool though. We were there for 3 nights and no one vacuum the room. There is dust all arpund the corner on the walls. We could not stop sneezing... We told front desk n the guy promise someone will clean it. I guess cleaning meant changing thw towels n clean the sink, cause when we got back. It was the same. I coyld have gotten a better place for less or same price. They really need to renovate, hire proper staff to clean.

We were browsing around the hotel and searching for the breakfast area and gym, and a man yelled,"you guys seem lost!" This seemed a bit rude and insolent to me. He is a member of the staff.

One of the cleaning ladies was really nice, courteous, and helpful. I think she is originally from Guyana or Trinidad. She seems to be descended from South Asians. She always had a smile on her face. This nice woman also always had a friendly comment.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Standard King Room

No handicap accessible room. Receptionist wasn't friendly nor polite smoke detector went off in the middle of the night because of dead battery.

Room was clean

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Standard King Room

The desk clerks attitude and lack of personality.

2nd time there. Probably last the desk clerk a younger male had a very obvious attitude and when asked questions had very poor customer service qualities. His answers were very brief with no explanation.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

1. More smile will raise score on staff. 2. Need work more on cleanliness.

Convenient location to bus, train. parks, and freeway. Lots of choices for meals in the neighborhood. Quiet room.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Location of Hotel is too far from Manhattan ,take 33 stop Bus ride (Q 12) then Take Metro train 7 ( 20 Stops ),Approx need 1 1/2 hour.

Neat n Clean,near Bus stop less then 1 min walk ,Good staff

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• King Studio

The rooms were a bit dark but we weren't really in the room during the day, so that wasn't that big of a deal.

Loved the size of the room. It was large with a small kitchen and living room area. I loved that they had smoking rooms available. It was in a great location. We could walk to everything we needed. Loved the Starbucks across the street. Also, liked that we had a free parking spot with the room. Also, it was very private with an entrance right from the car to the room.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Well if you are going to talk about the negatives in order to improved. It would be nice to make sure a coffee makers work or probably update them. I mentioned before that I was to tired to be up for breakfast. I was relaying on making coffee in my room. Witch I couldn't.

Excellent and safe location. Very comfortable and quiet. Didn't have the chance to try the Continental brakefast. In my last day I was able to make it to the kitchen for coffee, almost at closing time. They have a cook taking your order on eggs, waffles or pancakes. The cook was a very helpful person. He seemed not only excited to served my 4 cups of coffee but was willing to open door and hold the elevator door for me... I was very satisfied with their service. Thank you😃

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

The breakfast is really basic. Staff service is just ok.

The location is very convenient for dining and freeway. It's quiet during night time even I was told fully booked. Good price in this area.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Double Studio

There was no remote control for the TV, not really a problem for the most part.

Staff were very helpful. The couch in the suite was a nice touch and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• King Studio

It wasn't the best facility. There's smoking rooms and you get that smell a little bit in the hallways.

Location was great for visiting Port Washington, was limited on hotel options last minute for a wedding and they came through. Hotel room was a little better than expected

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

• Standard King Room

Our room was dirty. Upon check in we had to request room be cleaned again. Only the bathroom was re-cleaned. We requested another room since the one we were given was such a mess. We were not accommodated. The entire floor smelled like cigarettes which is ironic when there were no smoking signs everywhere. Place itself looks a little outdated which normally wouldn't have been an issue if it was kept clean. We've stayed at plenty of hotels this has to be one of the worst.

• Standard King Room

Said breakfast was available didn't realize that only meant waffles

Didn't have to worry about parking as it was very accessible

• Standard King Room

It was not clean. Also, poor internet connection.

Big room

• Standard King Room

you should provide micro oven and refrigerator too.

BEADING AND CLEANLINESS.