Reviews of Hotel Ändra 4 stars

2000 4th Avenue, Belltown, Seattle, WA 98121, USA

#21 of 89 hotels in Seattle

• Superior King Room

We loved Hotel Andra. Would surely stay again. Nice location in Belltown. Easy walk to Monorail. Easy to get to hotel from Rail when arriving by Air. We didn't need a car and were about get around easily.

• Superior King Room

The reception staff are lovely - professional and quick without being impersonal. The location is great - it’s an easy walk to the Downtown shops/Convention Centre or a short Uber/cab ride to most places. The decor is stylish and understatedly elegant. If you want a boutique-feel, this is the place.

• Superior King Room

Hotel Andra is absolutely one of my favorite hotels in Seattle. Very chic hotel, nicely appointed rooms, centrally located in the north part of downtown with easy access to South Lake Union, Pike Place Market and other key attractions, and it has one of my most favorite restaurants in Seattle on the ground floor - Lola, a Greek/Mediterranean-themed restaurant by famed local restauranteur Tom Douglas.

• Superior King Room

Views from the hotel are not noteworthy, bathroom was a little small considering the size of the room

Huge room, very clean, friendly staff, excellent location in the heart of downtown, only a few blocks from the Link, easy walk to Pike's Place Market, great restaurant downstairs

• Andra Queen Room

Improved food selection would be more suitable to older folks like me.

First time staying at this hotel, met all our expectations and needs. Comfortable, generous room size and comfortable beds.

nothing to dislike

Spacious room with a nice seating area and confortable bed. Even though I was right next to the lift, I didn't hear it. It is right around the corner of the Westin

• Superior Queen Room

Our room was spacious and beautiful with little details that other hotels lack - a large walk-in closet and a wonderful bathroom that included a magnified mirror and extra light. The customer service was exceptional with texts to see if there was anything more that they could do. The location was fantastic in the heart of downtown Seattle making it easy to walk to the local siights.

• Andra Queen Room

There was one staff member who was a bit much for us to take, being overly familiar. He offended us a couple of times and detracted from how wonderful everyone else was. The hotel is also attached to Lola and uses them for room service. We had a terribly disappointing and alarming experience there with one of the bartenders prioritizing a regular customer who was inappropriate and visibly drunk over other customers comfort, safety, and security. The regular was sexually harassing young women at the bar and the bartender was exceptionally rude and refused to diffuse the situation or remove the drunk man. Consequently, after that experience, and knowing that Tom Douglas restaurants include gratuity and pool tips based on seniority, we were not able to use room service or eat in the hotel after the first day.

In general, the staff was fantastic! They made our stay very comfortable and even left a birthday card for me in our room on my actual birthday! It was very sweet. We came back late, late on my actual birthday and the lone attendant greeted us by name and wished me a happy birthday as we walked by! He was tidying an area away from the main desk, so he just knew us! They were absolutely phenomenal! I cannot say enough about the staff! Such excellent and personalized service. The valet guys were also quite excellent, remember us and our car. We would definitely consider staying again, not eating at Lola, as the location cannot be beat and the hotel staff is exceptionally helpful and pleasant. We also enjoyed the newspaper delivery every morning. Little touches that go a long way to making a stay feel personalized and enjoyable.

• Superior Queen Room

In our room, the bathroom sink was quite small but enough. The toilet is situated between the sink and the shower. The placement of the toilet paper dispenser was terribly inconvenient. If I was a larger person, I may have been jabbed by the dispenser. There is no laundry room as listed on hotel description only laundry service.

Hotel location is within walking distance to Pike's place, shopping, eating and rail station. The size of the room is excellent. Valet parking (no self parking available) works well and there is no excessive waiting for your car. Excellent lighting in bathroom and I really liked the magnified mirror mounted on the main large bathroom mirror. Hair dryer, iron and ironing board provided in room along with bathrobe. Hotel also provided daily newspaper.

The price

The hotel was wonderful, location was perfect and the staff was awesome! We will definitely stay there again and tell all our friends! 😊 Thank you for making our stay and first visit to Seattle an awesome experience!

• Superior Queen Room

The staff was really friendly upon check-in. My husband and I were in the area a bit before check-in and we called to see if we could check in and they were very accommodating and allowed us to check in an hour early. Shower had good water pressure. Bed was comfortable. There was an optional iPod hookup to the radio. The bar downstairs is great, my husband and I have gone just gone for the bar when we're in the area. Convenient location to Pike Place and downtown.

• Luxury Suite

Really nice 2 room suite. Very quiet and comfortable. Arrived at 4 room not quite ready. They took our bags and walked us to the lounge where we were given a drink on the house. Our bags were in our room waiting and we received a follow up call to check that we found everything ok. Location is great for walking to everything. Lola’s was an excellent brunch. We will definitely stay here again in the fall.

• Andra Queen Room

The staff were very personable and accommodating, including checking in via text as I arrived in the room to make sure everything was to my liking. I had in-room dining and the food was delicious. There was a misunderstanding on my order (they included an additional Greek salad) and I was told that I was welcome to keep it and they'd take it off my bill. The room was a good size, the bedding was very comfortable, and the room was well lit - unlike MANY hotel rooms. The windows also opened for fresh air which I greatly appreciated. The hotel is well situated whether you're enjoying tourist attractions (like Pikes Market) or attending business meetings nearby.

• Luxury Suite

Lisa was down to earth and offered excellent concierge service without being prompted for it. She was personable and attentive and even texted me as soon as I had settled in to make sure that everything had met our needs. I will stay here again.

• Luxury Suite

The amenities in the room were great. Excellent location for those wanting to get out and see the city. it is close to everything you need to experience Seattle.

• Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

Plumbing (both toilet and sink faucet) were very loud when operated.

Room layout was perfect for mother/daughter stay. Plenty of space, comfortable bed and linens, nice shower, sufficient charging outlets, attractive furnishings.

• Luxury Suite

This is the best place to stay in Seattle. Blocks from Pike street market, museums and other downtown locations. Two of the best restaurants in Seattle are next door. The staff was engaged and somehow knew my name. The best small, personal hotel I have ever booked. I have stayed here numerous times over the years and they keep getting better.

• Andra Queen Room

Window isolation very poor, poor heater, cold bathroom, uncomfortable bed, curtains to be changed, no breakfast served for Christmas day except room service.

Location is great, lobby is very cozy, room was quite big.

• Luxury Suite

Last day of the stay we asked for half day extension with any cost , we have been told we need to leave the room and not any possibility to extend. We asked for any room for one additional night , at any cost , again the reply was negative . Then we searched and found through booking a room in the hotel for one night , which we finally got paying one night for occupation of 6 hrs . Not really a good treatment for a repeated customer.

The room was excellent !

• Superior King Room

The room was dimly lighted, including the bathroom. I prefer to be able to see well when dressing and reading. Also, I would have needed to stand on a chair to reach the safe should I have wanted to use it.

Very convenient location.

• Superior King Room

The bad was amazingly perfect. Wish I had it at home. The staff were very polite and friendly. Bathroom was luxurious. Would recommend this place to all my friends.

• Superior King Room

The staff was very warm and welcoming. We let them know we were celebrating my husband's Birthday and they surprised us with a delivery of champagne on ice and a birthday card. We also got a room on the tenth floor. The newspaper was delivered in a fancy black bag which was a nice touch. This hotel does not charge a resort fee as compared to the Warwick down the street. We give it a 10!

• Superior Queen Room

I found the adjoining restaurant bar to be very busy and noisy; so when I did eventually get in to check the place out it was rather dirty and the counter grubby from a days trade. I took my glass of wine and enjoyed it near the big open fire in reception instead.

Super friendly reception staff who were very welcoming and suggesting ideas of things to do and see. Nice big airy rooms, all comfortably made up. The Andra is based on 4th Ave and is in easy walking distance of Pike St Market (8 minutes), Space Needle & MoPop (20 minutes) and the central shopping district (under 5 minutes)

• Superior King Room

I think my above statement pretty much outline my experience. As I said a bit expensive for what we had and we've stayed other places that were larger just as nice and just as accommodating. Location is great. Staff was very very friendly.

It was fairly ho-hum for an out the door bill of $400 with parking for one night. The staff worked hard to accommodate us and were very helpful, but they had some internet issues initially and that delayed check in for 20 to 30 minutes easy.. The room was small for the price and we looked at an alley. Small bathroom that was just okay. Probably would look elsewhere at this price point

• Andra Queen Room

Nothing really, but for us it was a little on the expensive side. Otherwise it was fantastic.

Lovely hotel with a fantastic location, right in the trendy area of Seattle. We arrived very early in the day, but our room was available, so we checked in and went out for a great breakfast next door. Very impressed. Staff could not have been more accomodating.

• Superior King Room

In room safe was placed very high in the closet and would've been impossible for me to use (I'm 5'1") if not for my husband being with me (He's 6'2"), no master switch for the lights - you have to turn on all the lamps in the room individually

Large rooms, modern furnishings, windows that can be opened, restaurant, separate sink for coffee/bar area, comfy bed, individually bags of ice in the ice machine, ample number of plugs, USB plugins, friendly doormen who always opened the doors for us, ample counter space in the bathroom, vanity mirror

• Luxury Suite

The smallness of the washroom was the only drawback we didn't like about our suite. It would be nice if there was a hot tub or swimming pool.

Lola's restaurant in the lobby is a big bonus.

• Andra Queen Room

Our room, which faced 4th Avenue a main road, was a little noisy at night so the earplugs provided came in handy.

Central location, so easy to walk everywhere. Helpful and friendly staff who looked after all our luggage while a room became available for check in. Nice room, with good lighting, a bar fridge, safe, and modern bathroom with European toiletries. The attached restaurant, called Lola, made a great place for breakfast and the restaurant across the street, called Dahlia Lounge, had great food for lunch. We enjoyed one of the best vegetarian meals we have ever had.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Superior King Room

The standard King room I booked was a lot bigger than I had anticipated. This is the 2nd time staying at this hotel and we love it. It's a very easy walk to shopping, restaurants and the pier.

• Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

The price per room was I believe a little high, not sure if that was because of the Blue Jays being in town for that weekend or not. I don't pay that much for a one night stay in Whistler even.

We liked the fact that the restaurant was open to serving late. We arrived back to the hotel after a late Blue Jays ball game. So we were very happy that we were able to have a bite before heading to our room.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Luxury Suite

I found nothing to complain about...!

The restaurant off the lobby of the hotel, LOLA, is very good. Only had breakfast there but the staff is very courteous, informed and pleasant. The food is fresh and very tasty

• Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel is older and not as nicely appointed as we are accustomed to staying at, but the people were nice and the location was convenient for our planned visits.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Luxury Suite

The room smelled bad and the furniture was scratched and dirty. There was also a beeping sound outside that made it hard to sleep.

The staff was pretty friendly and the hotel was in a pretty good location.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Andra Queen Room

The separate seated vanity niche was very useful so we both could get ready without fighting for the bathroom. Convenient location for tourist attractions, great dining, and shopping.

• Andra Queen Room

The pillows were too soft not enough support for my head and the bed was too hard. When creating a sleep zone firmer pillows work better for a firmer bed. I tossed and turned all night. I had poor rest because of it. The coffee makers (in room) are meant to have "cup style" coffee inserts and only sealed filter style coffee was offered. For that reason, the coffee machines don't brew the coffee properly, they only brew half a cup of coffee and you have to wait 2 minutes to start the cycle again to brew the rest of your cup. One of the nice perks of staying in a hotel room is waking up and making fresh brewed coffee, and relaxing in your room, without leaving, or calling room service. The coffee makers at Hotel Andra are a mixed up mess and because the coffee was the wrong sort for the machine, the taste was very bitter and quite awful.

Great staff, very helpful. Great location and decor was appealing.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Superior King Room

We liked everything about it.

Close to Escala, Restaurant Lola is excellent. We had a wonderful visit. There was someone to greet us and carry bags. Felt very welcoming.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Superior Queen Room

The room furnishings such as the couch are not very comfy, but we didn't spend much time in the room

The room was large and had all the amenitites. Great location and very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Superior King Room

Super friendly, very clean, very comfortable, great location. This was our third stay at Hotel Andra and it is quickly becoming a favorite of ours for our trips to Seattle. Love its proximity to Pike Place Market and to Serious Pie.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Andra Queen Room

Front desk manager and staff were very friendly and accommodating. This wonderful older hotel has been beautifully updated and well maintained. Love this hotel!

• Superior King Room

Great location - convenient walking distance to anything you could want in the downtown Belltown & Seattle Center neighborhoods - you won't need a car. Staff were very friendly, rooms are comfortable and clean. Restaurant was always busy, though, we didn't eat there.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Andra Queen Room

i didn:t have any negative experiences at all, it was a fair price for a good hotel and I enjoyed my stay.

nice large room, friendly staff, well worth the money.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Andra Queen Room

Wish there was a better parking option within the hotel, there was only a valet option for $39. We ended up parking at the Bath and Body Works parking lot accross the street for $14 overnight and it worked out well.

The staff was extremely professional and willing to accommodate every need. This hotel is more unique than other chain hotels, also it's location is excellent.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Superior King Room

I think for the price it could of been a lot better, the gym is small, lolas bar was very busy and service suffered as a result, the hotel has a bar area which isn't used and its a nice place to so such a shame.

great location, nice staff

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Luxury Suite

The bed was very hard. The policy of charging one hundred dollars a day at arrival for extras such as mine-bar seems pretty outrageous. To clarify, the deposit is put back on the charge card at check-out but I find that charge very obnoxious. Also, the hotel charges $7.95 for each 15 minutes of internet time at the business center. I would have used the business center for printing except for that charge. The good news is that the in-room wi-fi is free.

The staff is excellent and the rooms are quiet and comfortable. I enjoyed the turn-down service and nice fluffy towels and bathrobe provided. The food at the Lola Cafe varied from excellent to not that great. Most of the food was very good, though. Check-out time is noon which I liked and I was easily able to get an even later check-out time as well.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Luxury Suite

This time we experienced multiple deficits, you would not expect from a hotel at this level. 1. Key card system did not work, we had to get the cards reprogrammed multiple times and then eventually exchanged keys, but it still took multiple tries every single time we entered the room. Very annoying, especially when you come back from a long day and have to go the the bathroom.... 2. The room ( suite) was chilling cold the entire time because of the draft, the windows were not tight. We had to program the heating to 27 Celsius to get the room to around 21 Celsius. At night we had to switch the heating off , but then there was an icy draft the entire night. 3. Coffee and toilet paper was not refilled / replaced twice in 3 days. Pyjamas were on the floor when we came back one afternoon. I am explicitly not blaming the room maid, she was very nice and helpful, but gave us the impression she is extremely rushed and stressed ( too little time per room from Management ??? ) I have to ask: Is there no supervisor who checks the rooom after cleaning ? That is his / her task. 4. Reception at hotel restaurant LOLA is unfriendly and snobby / arrogant for years now, but we still come back, because we love the food and the table service is always very nice and friendly. The reception this time though topped everything we experienced in regards of bad attitude. Will not go back to LOLA in the future. We were looking forward very much to our Seattle trip and our ( repeated) stay at ANDRA, but this time ANDRA / LOLA was challenging us a little a little too much.

Our 10 th time at this hotel over the last 8 years. Like always the location is convenient! The design of the entire hotel, and the room are very nice and comfortable. The bed was very relaxing and comfy. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Superior King Room

No kettle for making tea.

Large, comfortable room with excellent makeup mirror. Staff friendly and helpful. Great location close to shopping and other attractions. Quiet location.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Luxury Suite

Sofa & chairs are uncomfortable for lounging. Safe at top of closet is ridiculous for people under 5'5". For the price one pays here, cable TV & premium channels should be provided. No exhaust fan in small bathroom of family suite.

Bed was very comfy; extra pillows on request. Shower pressure good; hair dryer available. Operable windows, blackout curtains. Adjoining restaurant/bar. Cozy lobby w/fireplace. Good televisions. Good wifi. Very nice staff. Free NY Times at room in morning.

• Superior King Room

Reception seemed a little chaotic at times - not when we were checking in but we noticed it at times we were passing through. A carpet was replaced at the elevators one day when we were staying. The old carpet was uplifted during the working day but it left the floor sticky with old glue and there was no information regarding what was happening and no "warning" signs.

Upgraded upon arrival. Hotel clean and quiet. The bed was amazing - best three nights sleep during an 18 day holiday. Excellent location.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

On the pricey side.

Great location for all of the local sights, safe and nice restaurants nearby. New York Times hung on the door every morning. Nice touch.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

• Luxury Suite

The hotel is an old building having been extensively remodeled. It shows its age but is comfortable.

Great service for a series of cocktail parties in our mini suite accomidating up to 8 people. The restaurant had great breakfasts and lunches. The staff were most helpful in arranging tickets for Seattle events. We would go back when visiting Seattle

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Superior King Room

Not enough support with our bike rack & bikes (where to park)

Hotel Manager was extremely helpful and supportive, treated the guests very well. Great location, easy to get around. Quiet hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Superior Queen Room

Excellent location and the room was large and well appointed Not a thing was missing A visitor would feel that he is in the perfect location to shop and enjoy Seattle

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Luxury Suite

Very small bathroom, AC didn't cool the room, it just kept it less warm than outside temperature, they charge the drinking water, I din't like the decor of the rooms, definitely not 5 stars and too expensive for being 5 stars.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Superior King Room

Although we have stayed in this hotel many times ( 7 or 8), we have found the last 2 times that the area around the hotel is getting a bit more sketchy. Although of course this is nothings to do with the hotel it certainly impacts your stay as when you leave the hotel there is quite a bit of begging on the corners and people camping out in the neighbourhood. Where I live in Vancouver it is the same and it is a growing problem but it might affect some visitors, who are less familiar with it.

the hotel is very comfortable and convenient. I like the cleanliness of the rooms (bathroom especially)

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Superior King Room

No self-parking. No clock radio. No service elevator, so you share with cleaning staff and laundry, etc.

We liked the reading lamps beside the beds. We liked that they let us have early check-in. We liked the big mirror in the room.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

No room service on first day. Had to ask for replacement of things such as Kleenex, toilet paper, coffee. No utensils included with in service dining. Had to wait in line to check in.

Room was large and comfortable. Bed was great. Neighborhood was great. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Superior King Room

I had had hope for this boutique hotel, however it fell short in many ways. Staff was friendly, but often had to track someone down to valet my car. Bathrooms were extremely tiny! Very few amenities for the price (e.g., no pool). Front Desk did not tell me about the cost to park my car. Was not sure if parking was included in my package Could have parked in the parking lot across the street for much less. Pricey, less service and fewer amenities than other comparably priced and located hotels like Hyatt.

Location was great

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Andra Queen Room

Parking: Web site says: Private parking is possible on site. Reality - Valet parking only. I spent over 20 minutes waiting for my car, considering that I gave 20 minutes advance notice to the hotel staff. Finally my car was brought to me and Valet guy heavily scrached rim of the front wheel at the curb. No apologies were brought to me. Room: Air conditioning / ventilation in the room is very noisy.

Very good location Clean and bright rooms with good layout Good bed

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

Though breakfast items in Lola taste good, the 20% tip is on the high side The friendly service staff who was asked to arrange for our transport to Amtrak train station for a family of 6 in a 9 seater should have alerted us of the cost. The fare came to $ 55 for a mile journey when the taxi we took from station to hotel cost us only $9 per taxi for 2 taxis.

General atmosphere of friendliness of staff and service was excellent

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Superior King Room

Room temp was hard to increase to warmer. A microwave and small refrigerator would have been nice.

The room was very nice.location was so easy to get around.The staff was super.

over priced.

• Superior King Room

Great location for shopping, sightseeing and good food.

Very pricey

Nice room. Well located good restaurant and bar. They were so very kind to upgrade room. Very very nice staff

Great location!! :)

Great staff!

• Luxury Suite

Staff were very friendly and always had a smile.

• Superior King Room

Delicious fig scone in restaurant for brunch and great Mimosas !

• Superior Queen Room

This is our 5th stay at the Hotel Andra and we will definitely stay again.

• Andra Queen Room

Parking should be included in overall cost!

Restaurant food quality was excellent!

• Superior Queen Room

Bed too small. WiFi was slow.

Room was nice, good closet. valet parking. Good location.

• Andra Queen Room

Lovely room, and amazing kind helpful staff

The bed was like a cloud !

• Superior King Room

Difficult to get into the adjoining restaurant, even for breakfast

Lovely rooms, good location

• Superior Queen Room

Comfortable bed. Attractive furnishings. A surprise bottle of champagne and chocolates as a birthday treat-a very nice touch!

• Andra Queen Room

The rooms are spacious, the robe is great and comfy

Browse Hotel Ändra traveller photo gallery