Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Chicago Northlake O'Hare South 2.3 stars

2080 North Mannheim Road, Northlake, IL 60164, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Northlake

Needs an update.

Just overall in desperate need of an update. Not the worst played we have stayed but certainly not the best. Ink stain on comforter, peeling paint in the bathroom. Not sure if it was just really dusty or something else, but we both woke up incredibly congested both nights we stayed there. Lackluster breakfast.

Convenient location if you are going to O'Hare, little far out from downtown but manageable. Attached restaurant has a nice menu. Rooms are fairly large.

not up to Super 8 standards

We stayed there 6 nights (pre-booked) and so got some experience: The motel is old and not very well kept. Although our room was "newly renovated", this was just a cover-up for many deficits. The ventilator in the bathroom blew cigarette smoke into our (non-smoking) room). There was a hole in the wall (created through the door handle). Breakfast was supposed to be available from 6, but most stuff was put there later. All in all, the selection was small (much smaller than in other Super 8's). The manager always said she has so much work because she is completely booked, but there were not many cars around. The guests we heard and saw were very loud - one could particularly hear all the noises from the second floor (we had a first floor room). Many guests came and went between midnight and 6 a.m. - so the noise made sleeping rather difficult.

Most of the staff was helpful and friendly (some were quite lethargic). The location is OK - not too far from the airport.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The place was a hot mess. The hotel had dirty carpets everywhere and made the hotel smell. The minute you walk in, it smells like a medical office and cigarettes. The smell continues into the hall way and the rooms. The rooms were outdated. All they need to do is RIP out the carpets and the smells would be gone

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Beatriz, the housekeeper was amazing and very attentive.

The room smelled musty there were holes in the floor it was so dark in the room even with the lights on the trash truck came in the very early hours right next to our window

Beatriz, the housekeeper was amazing and very attentive. A++

The place was dirty, front desk staff was rude an it was located in a bad area.

The whole hotel smelled. It was dirty and the front desk staff was rude and unwilling to try and make the stay better. we had to ask for another room because there was hair in the made bed and in the shower. All the lights did not work in the room and it was in a horrible neighborhood. I paid $233.00 for two nights and it wasn't work it at all. There was actually a drug deal going down by the front door when i was leaving.

absolutely nothing

Pretty Good and reasonable

They stay was pretty good for the price. I mean one should not expect much but the room was pretty decent. There was tv , Wi-Fi and the breakfast was included in it , so it was a pretty good deal. We didn't have to worry about getting up in the morning and search for breakfast in a new town.

“FREE” Shuttle to airport is not FREE as advertised

The ad in BOOKING.com says they have a FREE airport shuttle but when we got there, they told us there was a $10 fee per room to take the shuttle to the airport if you didnt have a flight departing or arriving. We drove to Chicago and wanted to go downtown so we use the shuttle to the airport to take us to the Blue line (ohare station) that goes to the downtown. The shuttle driver told us there is a fee. We gave him cash and we didnt even get a receipt.

Bed is comfy, breakfast is okay, the room is nice enough.

The door was hard to close.

The door was hard to close. The fridge wasn't cold. The room kind of smelled. The room was dusty. The window did not lock and did not have a screen. The carpet on the stairs in the hall was extremely dirty. Breakfast was pretty sad.

Totally disappointing.

The room was a filth, there was food in the fridge that must of been sitting there for a few months (mold), the toiletries were already used and half empty, there was no trash container and the people next door could not get their children to sleep. Totally awful experience!! The "breakfast" was a joke, very disappointing, will absolutely not recommend this place nor would I stay there again even if offered free!

I liked nothing about this place, it was filthy and dusty, staff was not friendly

It was close to where we needed to be, and low priced.

My 17-y-o son and I checked in on a Tuesday night about midnight for a high school baseball showcase at Triton College where we had to report at 7:45 the next morning. The lady at the front desk, Maria, checked us in and gave us keys to room 124. We walked down the hall ... and keyed into a room with two naked, snoring people. We went back to the front desk, Maria apologized, and seemed to struggle for a bit to find a room. Finally she hands us the keys to room 136. Her exact words were: “Try this room and see if you like it.” I asked, “Why wouldn’t we like it?” Her response was that she could also check us out and refund our prepayment. We got to the room, the lights were on, suggesting that someone had been in there, but everything was in order. Beds were fine. It was clean enough. However, there were young children in the next room jumping off the bed, and we could not get to sleep. I finally had to go next door and knock on he door and tell them to quiet down. We didn’t get to sleep until 1:30 am, which really hurt on the other end. In the middle of the night, the phone rang and a woman asked for Ron, and seemed surprised when I said there was no Ron. Who is Ron? We almost decided to check out the next day but I could not find a hotel room for less than $200 nearby so we decided to rough it. The main problem is the stress of thinking you are in someone’s room and that some stranger (Ron?) is going to key in. Whenever we left the hotel we took all of our bags and stuff with us. I would never stay here again.

It was close to where we needed to be, and low priced.

Nasty rooms and mean front desk staff!

Very rude staff, argumentative, and does not listen nor helps guests with complaints. I was threatened to be kicked out the hotel if i complain about my room again. When i walked in the room, it looked old and dirty. There was a chicken bone on the windowsill, crumbs in the bed and dust on the counter, they refused to move us to a different room.

Nothing. I will not stay there again.

I am and have been a return customer repeatedly for a while...

I am and have been a return customer repeatedly for a while the bed isa very comfortable cloud...breakfast is fresh and i sleepy very well...do you do harp or aaa....

Desperation

Entire Hotel was really filthy. Including our room which had remnants of the last guests and was just over all dirty.

Only thing good about this place was that ahead of shuttle to and from the airport

The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was nice to...

It would have been nice if the room had a mini fridge and a microwave but other than that I have no complaints.

The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was nice to have.

Other than the arguing neighbors I loved my stay

I didn’t like that my neighbors for the first night kept screaming and hollering and fighting and staff didn’t really deal with it. Husband and I went down and told front desk and I called again I wish they would have moved them Or us or called police

An excellent break in a long trip.

Well the water main burst but that wasn't their fault and they did warn us when we got there.

The rooms were clean and nice, the beds comfortable and warm, and the receptionist was very kind and helpful!

Ok cheap hotel.

There was no fridge in the room, just an empty fridge cabinet and the main hallways smelled very strongly of marijuana in the morning when we left. The breakfast was skimpy and not stocked, almost every tray was empty at 8:30.

The bathroom was very clean and nicely updated. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean.

I didn't stay

I didn't like that my room had a door that was connected to another room, as if they could enter the room without notice. I didn't like how it smelled pissy and damp.

I didn't stay. I wanted a refund but the staff told me that she wouldn't be able to give me a refund ; that I would have to request a refund from the website I reserved it through.

I want my money back! Don't ever book this hotel for anyone!

The room wasn't cleaned and had fruit flies. Some kind of snot all over the curtains. Exposed screws sticking out of the headboard, room phone didn't work, toilet flushed once in a while. My friend got bug bites all over his back from something on his mattress. The unsanitary breakfast consisted of defrosted waffles sitting next to a toast at room temperature, room temperature milk for cereal or room temperature hard boiled eggs. "Secure" door to hotel was left open 24/7 and there were vagrants fighting in the parking lot.

This was the WORST hotel I've ever stayed at, I didn't like anything.

Nest time i will pay the extra $5 and stay in a better motel.

The shuttle pickup from the airport was 45 minutes late for a 15 minute ride. The motel was old and worn. The free breakfast didn't offer much. There was no hot food and the eggs were hard boiled. The adjoining restaurant served un-eatable stale rolls food high in salt.

The motel was old and worn but clean. Staff were pleasant.

Redesign and rethink better breakfast room.

The breakfast room was a NIGHTMARE. Poor flow, food ran out, little to no seating- the worst! Also, spent 2 nights, no one came in to make beds or refresh towels.

The room was comfortable.

In general the hotel was good

The internet was bad. besides being slow it has an annoying login page every time you enter the internet, and this page some times fail to come. this is very annoying and time consuming.

In general the hotel was good

Threadbare but clean

Traffic noise ( hey it's Chicago);

Alex, the night manager, was the absolute best thing going for this Super Eight. Always friendly and very helpful. She went out of her way to make the stay great...she gets a ten from me. Thanks Alex!

The cleaning products seriously affected my breathing.

The cleaning products seriously affected my breathing. Can not be specific on what it was but I had to open the window to be able to breathe comfortable.

The Motel was very clean and the customer service was great for the amount spent, I will recommend

The internet was very slow, I would love to see an upgrade, changing the front door rug at the reception and also changing the carpet on the stairs

The bedroom was very clean and cosy, the customer service was great!

No wifi, rude staff, no breakfast or gym

The staff at the front desk (Vicki) was unprofessional and rude to not only us but everyone who approached them. I booked a weeks stay months in advance after being told by staff that they had a fitness facility (I was in for a fitness competition) and they the room had microwave. There were neither. We had to bring our own microwave since the one in our room was missing but every time we tried to use it, the power would shut off in our room. Ridiculous. Also, NO WIFI in the rooms!! The entire week I might add. And the "breakfast" was toast and crumbs of cereal. And 3 times I was awoken by staff knocking even though I had the "do not disturb" sign on the door. Absolutely the worst hotel experience we've had and we are not generally hard to please. Stay someone else and don't waste your money here.

Don't go here! A waste of money and comfort!

None of the aboveboard! Breakfast was filled with employees loudly cussing In the nearby adjoining restaurant! Someone even walked off with my orange juice, grrrrrrrrrr! A few times, there was no one at the desk! On one occasion, I even had to help guests find someone to man the front desk! I seemed a hassle to some of them! In my room, the lightbulb was burnt out! A strand of hair on the outside surface of the bathtub! One of the toilet paper dispensers was not secured in place! The air conditioner was noisy as can be. When I first turned on the TV set, It was set to a Spanish speaking channel, and there were only 5 -channels to choose on the TV set! Oh, I had a lovely window view of a air conditioner unit, two dumpsters, and even a bag of garbage on one of them! Oh a topper, I even got to listen to a garbage truck backing/beeping for trash removal!

Convenient

1-Break Fast Arrangement , too small in comparison to the size of the property 2-Also there was one home less who was filthy and could not walk straight , serving from each spread , his loose filthy clothes were touching every thing there , and it seems he packed a lot for his lunch too. 3-It is better if he could be served separately outside the room.

Nearly located to Air Port

worst super 8 ever!

The staff was so rude. The guy at the front desk was very confrontational and acted like he wanted to fight me. In the morning before check out they tried to come in and continue to knock over 10 times Before it was even time to leave. I opened the door and asked him to stop knocking because he already knocked over ten times he said "so, i can do whatever I want!" I actually loathe the staff here, worst experience at a Super 8 ever.

Lots of parking clean room

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

I will recommend for the area i had a Nice stay they also have a on site diner till nine

Carpet,and stains on furniture

The Entrance walking in made you feel like u know you going to Sleep well and i love the Bathroom! It was also nice they have a on site restaurant. carpet, linen and Bathrooms make a Hotel room

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Good option!

Breakfast shceduled from 6 am but until 6:30 am they still didn't bring coffee. And wifi in the room was poor abd was not connecting. But anyway great option!

Overall great!

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Excellent staff.

I had to leave for the airport at 5 am which is prior to the free breakfast. I just mentioned this to the night clerk in passing and she promptly rounded up some fruit, yogurt and a danish which was much appreciated.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The Art was Nice.....

The children playing and screaming while their parents were smoking weed on one side and on the other side being awakened at 4 am by the sounds of the couple on the other side having sex extremely loud. Only to be awakened once again by the children next door playing in the hallway at 6 am running up and down the hallway and inside their room. Oh and the stairs were in desperate need of repair and there was no refrigerator in the room so my mother could house her insulin.

The location was close to all of my activities and I liked the paint color on the feature wall.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Good place

Site is very faraway, It is good only if you need a place bear the airport

The room facilities are very good and clean The crew were very helpful and friendly especillay shuttle drivers WIFI very good

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Regular

The smell of cigarettes is around the whole hotel, specially in the room and we asked for a non smoking section. The attendant was not friendly. We asked for early check-in and she was really rude. Prices are fair but the location is really far away from Chicago downtown and we had a lot of traffics spending about one hour to be in Chicago. The hotel was not quiet and for me the worse was the smell of cigarettes.

Bed and shower were good. Breakfast was also ok.

it was ok

the shuttle from the airport took over a hour and a half to pick me up. He left a customer and had to go back around the airport to get her.

Check out was easy.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The worst hotel/ motel i've ever been to!!!

Beds are squeeky , people living there (yes , people actually live there and act like they own the "hotel") are screeming , fighting, yelling at each other, banging doors, each other , and so on and so on! I was too scared to addres anybody there to ask for a bit of quiet time , but I felt very unsafe to do so! The noise hadn't stopped untill 6 am when we had to leave anyway. Don't ever book this hotel-too expensive for the problems you experience!

I did not like anyhting!

Not satisfied couldn’t sleep

Cleaniless..bad odor

JustAnotherReview

Checkout at 11 seems a bit early. I prefer noon checkout.

The food at the restaurant was delicious and the room was in great condition

Would stay again and good value for what you got. Thanks

Airport transfers were great, everyone was helpful. Good location

Ok, meet my expectation.

Eggs in breakfast are too cold.

Parking place is enough

Ok

Cleanliness

Rate

Value is ok but needs more updates overall

Noise between floors and walls. Place needs maintainence.

Cheap and clean, close to Ohare.

Close to Ohare

The King bed was so old that it had a huge dip in it and all...

The King bed was so old that it had a huge dip in it and all I did was pull myself out of it all night!! Miserable!!!

Bad wi-fi service.

Bad wi-fi service...Gross dirty hallway carpet.... Ripped room chair upholstery

Is very clean smells nice

Is very clean smells nice

Ok

It was dirty and outdated

Wonderful staff.

Just the price per night.

Wi-Fi never worked even after repeated complaints. The staff was never bothered to address it.

Just the price per night.

Good value for money

Lack of public transport

Airport shuttle

Pretty good

Far from the citycenter. 30 min by car.

Near the airport

I stayed due to a missed flight.

There was blood on the walls and the tub was disgusting.

Good.

Good...

I was nice in clean

I was nice in clean

Clean, friendly staff

The bathroom was kind of cramped, I felt like I was sitting on the toilet paper dispenser.

Clean, friendly staff

The free breakfast left something to be desired

The free breakfast left something to be desired

A lot was missing from room due to theft.

Coffe maker and iron in the bedroom

Cafeteria service, very few products

Coffe maker and iron in the bedroom

I sprayed lysol everywhere

The hotel was filthy and dirty.

Great place

Great place

Awful experience. The rooms reek, they kept shutting off the power on us, and so much more.

Everything. This was the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in.

NORA & ALEX ARE AMAZING

NORA & ALEX ARE AMAZING

Location snd size of the room

Odor in hallway

Location snd size of the room

The apple juice tasted like water, we couldn’t take the food...

The apple juice tasted like water, we couldn’t take the food to the room

No WiFi in my room

No WiFi in my room

Good solution for low budget .

Wi fi in the room eas poor or not working. We needed to go in the loby.

In general all ok.

Served the purpose of the stay. Safe, comfortable, reasonable and close to workshop site.

It was fine for the money.

Excellent restaurant connected to the hotel.

HAD A GREATTIME

NOTHING

THE FRIENDLY STAFF THE CEREAL WISH THEY HAD DANISH

It was a nice place to sleep in between working.

No Microwave in the room. And about 1/4 of the limited tv channels didn't work.

The pillows were super fluffy and comfortable.

Bigger eating area

Bigger eating area

Poorly

They don't have wifi at all, need it for business trip

Staff is very nice.

The room is like so old. There's no fridge n microwave and the bed it's not comfy.

Staff is very nice.

This hotel has increased prices.

This hotel has increased prices. It is very close to become unaffordable.

Didn't take advantage of the complementary breakfast.

Didn't take advantage of the complementary breakfast.