Reviews of Marina Tower Waikiki 2 stars

5.5

5.2

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

• Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

Checkin was delayed had to wait downstairs with my 8year old very tired son No checkin in counter basically a guy with a desk in the carpark I have yet to receive my $200 deposit back One lift only working Smell in the hallway

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Good enough for the location
    • Standard Room

This place is older and not updated at all. The room and bathroom layout is definitely strange.

Clean, comfortable, convenient to the airport and Waikiki beach. So kinda worth the money if you don't plan on hanging out in the room a lot.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Wouldn’t stay here again no service what so ever and had to text if you wanted any assistance
    • Standard Room

There was no staff no check in area . I felt sorry for the young man who was trying to help everyone he was the only staff member I seen and the security lady was extremely RUDE and abrupt when asking a question get some people skills

The bed was comfortable and the spa and pool area was nice

Only stay if you're on a TIGHT budget
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

The room wasn't clean - there was food from the previous guest in the fridge and freezer and stained inside. The rubbish bin was full and hadn't been changed. Very late check in, you'd expect the room to be prefect - it wasn't! Only one lift works and it takes forever. No staff on-site, so it's tough to find them. Very unorganised. Manager was rude while I was (politely) complaining about the above to one of her team members. There was also a dead cockroach in one of the cupboards which had clearly been there for a while!

Great location and amazing view from our room.

Really nice location.
    • Standard Room

Its ran down. No covers on the outlets. The carpet was pulling up from the corners. The bathroom was really small. You could barely turn around in the shower. The fridge was not level, freezer needed to be defrosted. You can hear what goes on above and below the room. Did not want to turn the stove on.

Really nice location. Min alway from good food and beaches.

Unnecessarily money was taken from the account and refunded,...
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Unnecessarily money was taken from the account and refunded, which cost me extra due to banking charges on both transactions. There was no mention of levy (summing pool etc) and was taken from the account.

Location is good
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

There is only one elevator and it takes ages to use one. The check in was a mess. There is no check in counter. The guard would not let us in and said the building was a private property. She wants us to check on the other side of the street, which is the Prince hotel even after I showed her my booking with Marina

Location is good

There was only one lift working so had to wait over 10 min...
    • Standard Room

There was only one lift working so had to wait over 10 min each time, the room wasnt clean and every thing costs extra after the price you paid. The location was about 25 min walk to the closest beach , no parking on site. over all room was very old with a dirty kitchen and terrible shower and extremely loud aircon. Tv wouldn’t turn off properly and instructions for wifi was incorrect

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Everything was within walking distance
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Could have used paper towels/dish rags to dry dishes with. The shower stall could have been better, appears to need some repair. Needed more trash bags in room. Microwave works, but the timer dial does not turn while in use.

Everything was within walking distance

Location was the only thing that was great
    • Standard Room

Check in time is too late u have two women at 4pm that wait on the table outside with your keys take your $200 deposit & say u get it back when you check out which is not true u have to wait 3-5 working days. You are charged $17 per day for hotel facilities services which are not great so if want towels or any help you don’t get anyone on site to help you. They are renovating so random workers will lock once then walk in to your room take photos or do maintenance. Only one elevator works for 40 levels so u wait from 5-15mins or it breaks down so your waiting longer or stuck with cleaners or maintenance people. So no onsite service at all. We moved to Ala Moana Hotel which was much better & you don’t pay a deposit.

Location was the only thing that was great

Horrible stay
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

First I didn’t like how there was only one elevator working for 39 levels of the hotel room. Secondly I stayed for 5 night and my room wasn’t serviced once I had to ask for fresh sheets and towels. Thirdly it’s stupid how there are so many available parking but you have to pay $28usd for 24 hours. Also I was over charged for parking and have yet not received my refund and lastly the photos that are online do not look like the rooms in real life 😡

The view was amazing.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

OKAY STAY BUT WOULDN'T STAY AGAIN
    • Standard Room

There is no front desk. You must request and pay for room service. There is no self parking, must use valet parking which cost $28/day and the valet is very angry little rude man. Only 1 of 2 elevators worked in the 40 level condo so it took forever to get up or down. One day the elevator wasn't working at all and everyone had to use the stairs. The room does look like the pictures; very outdated. But is also very dingy.

The size of the room was good. The bed was comfy. The internet was decent, not super fast. Lots of natural lighting in the room, Good security staff, very friendly and helpful. The air conditioner was working well with very cold air.

Very disappointing and wouldn’t stay or recommend it to anyone
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

The lift , terribly slow 10-15 min wait the check in process done outside on a BBQ table but not till 4pm in the arvo , rooms were filthy and it’s obviously a low socio demographic short term accommodation facility not as advertised on booking.com

The view & location

AMAZING view from my room!
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

Having only one elevator was problematic with 40 floors (my room was on 39). It is a very tiny and slow moving elevator and was not awesome being crammed in with 5 other adults, two of which were tourists with 6 pieces of luggage and had no problem pressing me against the glass so they didn't have to wait. Thankfully, they are renovating the second elevator and it should be done by the end of the year.

AMAZING view from my room!!! Pleasantly surprised for the low cost of the room.

Nice view, but needs major furnishing update and refresh
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

Only 2 elevators for this high rise, and one was out for updating. During stay, the only working and slow elevator went out. We climbed the stairs to our unit on 27th floor. The furniture and furnishings badly need an update. Things looked dated and cheap, weren't even "nice". The kitchen amenities could also use updating. Need better glassware (had mason jars as cups), silverware, cookware, etc. Everything needs refreshing.

View was nice. AC functioned OK to keep us comfortable. Had to use valet parking service for adjacent property, and the valets were very nice and efficient. Nice to have parking available, although it was pricey; but expected in Waikiki.

Very late check in and unhelpful staff, no check in desk.
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Very late check in and unhelpful staff, no check in desk. We arrived from Australia at 9am and were very tired and we had to leave our bags in a very dodgy closet space on neighbouring property. Wouldn’t stay here again.

I would never choose Marina Tower again
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

There is no reception and you have no possibilities to enter the property without the key. A woman is waiting exactly at 4 pm and in the meantime, you have to leave your luggage at another hotel if you would like to wake around without luggage. At the moment the rooms have problems with little insects in the kitchen. One night I forget to put a pie in the fridge. The next day the insects were all around my pie. There is no daily cleaning. You have to pay for this. The pool and the jacuzzi looked fine, but in both were little stones. The apartment has problems with the lift. I was lucky I got a room on the 10th floor. In the 4 days, I stayed over I had to use 5 times the stairs. On the day of my leaving the lift was also not operating. So I had to carry my luggage down the stairs.

The Appartement was near Waikikibeach and not fare from the new shopping centre Ala Moana.

Will not return.
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Much deferred maintenance. Difficult to control shower water temp, toilet ran all night, poor mattress quality, could feel the springs, curtains did not close completely and sun shone in my face in the am.

Clean, safe, and good location.

Only accessibility to the beach and waikiki
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

There were noise in the 26th floor drying one of the rooms on the floor and we couldn’t sleep. We complaint but hotel didn’t answer. Even we asked and payed rolling bed for my son and never brought to the room and we slept 3 together on one bed for 3 nights. They do not clean room for 3 days. Never choose this hotel.

Only accessibility to the beach and waikiki

The 2nd if not the worse hotel I stayed in.
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Pretty much nothing. The property had no front desk, no one showed up until a little after 4 pm. The hotel uses old out dated check-in procedure using carbon copy paper for credit cards. We had to sit outside on at a concrete table to check-in. There was only 1 elevator working for 40 floors. No security guards that I seen visible. I was told that the valet was 24 hours , not! I left at 4am. I got down to there to get my car and found out that I had to walk next door to pick up my keys. I also tried calling every number at the entrance to the property upon arrival and only got the voice mail of the manager. I live here but I feel sorry for the ones that I meet to check-in. One couple was there at 10am from an international flight. I understand now why Yelp rated them at 2 and a half stars.

The valet parking. And the bed inside room.

The stories of the Tower of Terror have grounds, but its not all bad.
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Its an old building, not kept in a very good state. I was there 7 days, two of those days with no elevators, 20 floors is a good climb, but I met a few older people on 39, I pity them. A good inch of dust under everything so clean is not a word I would use to describe it.

Once I was upgraded to a Deluxe room it was great, comfortable bed, better Bathroom, great Views.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Extremely ran down and shabby. Only great thing about this place was the location. Looks nothing like the pictures shown. Not worth it for the money.

Really old, wouldn't recommend it.
    • Standard Room

Not the best location. The rooms were really old and smelt bad. We bought airfresherner to try and smooth the smells coming out of the toilet. The building is super old and so are the rooms and beds. Also only 1 working elevator, so long waits to get out of the place.

Was close to the ala monae shopping center! Close to some really good resturants

The view!
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

One of the elevators was closed for maintenance. I was staying on the 39th floor so each time I arrived at the apartment or left I waited an average of 15mins for the elevator. I believe the maintenance is continuing into 2019. The washing machine in my apartment didn’t work and the cleanliness of the towels and dishes/cups was poor.

The view! I had a few issues with the property but the location and view made up for it! It was absolutely breathtaking.

Best view I ever had from a hotel.
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

There is one small older elevator to serve well over 37 floors. The other one is being renovated. If you are in a hurry to get around town, don’t bother with this place. Also, this not a hotel. It is a vacation rental. Accordingly, there is no one to help you. You are literally on your own.

Lovely view from the 37th floor.

Location- that’s the only positive
    • Standard Room

Staff rude and unhelpful - first and only time we have had this on whole trip and also instructions Re check in and this was not til 4 pm at the earliest Nowhere to store luggage while waiting Rooms old / small - electric plugs cracked . Beds - only supplied one very flat pillow Only one lift working - could wait up to 20 mins Said has view - into apartments next door !! Would not recommend staying here - there are many far better choices for similar cost ( I have since found out while here )

Location- that’s the only positive

Bad and so terrible!!
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

The owner of this condo hotel doesn’t investing to improve the service for the guests and is very uncomfortable the system has made to accomplish it.

The owner of this complex is mean and only as gold digger to make money. The complex doesn’t has even lobby system there is room for that but it locked it . First day when I arrive was totally shocked that the registration process was offering at outside of on the seat because inside lobby had been locked it. The manager name is Elvie who was very kind but she can do nothing about condo hotel system has made by a that owner . I have been from June 6 to June 11 during in my time 6 days the hotel staffs did not cleaned my room and plus I needed to the garbages myself out of dumster .i have never seen in my life tha hotel guest has to care of trashes to put in the dumster. I do not recommend this place to stay.

Place is old and not close to beach with hidden fees and not serviced daily without extra fees
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

Badly in need of renovation Original seventies furniture and fittings Worn mattress with no mattress cover Additional fifteen zUS dollars a night fee not disclosed Additional fifty US dollars s night if you want daily room serviced Not disclosed in advertising It is an old condo being run on the cheap over a kilometre walk to Waikiki beach

Great view

Great views
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

Noisy air conditioning. Kitchenette cupboard door not attached. Hair dryer didn't work. Three light bulbs not working. Be aware there are no staff on-site for check-in prior to 4 pm.

Fantastic view from 38th floor looking West.

Great location. Value for money. Low budget, don't expect more.
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

Check-in process. No staff on site. This is a low budget accommodation with no reception desk. The elevators are very slow but they are being upgraded. There is technically no balcony

Location, view and value for money. You get what you pay for. Dont expect more

Economical accomodations
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Check in can be complicated if you arrive anytime before 4:00 pm, be sure to read the check in policy...if you want the Hilton Village or 5 star this is not it, you will get great views, a bed to sleep in a nice kitchen and a good shower

Close to everything, great tour bus pick up and drop off within walking distance, great little ABC Superette just a short walk away

The view from my room, valet workers friendly
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Curtains stained, dirty, floor not swept/mopped good, looks like the room is still being fixed with glue in sight everywhere, receptionist had attitude when I asked to replace towels

The view from my room, valet workers friendly

I wouldn’t stay there again
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

It is not a hotel. There is no reception, check in is at 4pm and you can’t leave your luggage anywhere before you check in. They charge you a “resort fee” but there is no room service unless you pay extra 50 per day. If you are staying more than 3 days be ready to take your own rubbish out somewhere. They have parking spots at the building but you will need to pay extra 25 a day to use the valet service otherwise you need to park on the streets. Everything in the room seems to be from the 80s, bed, mattress, curtains with holes, rusty stove and old furniture. The air con unit must be from the 70s. It makes so much noise that you need more than a few beers to have a good sleep while it is on. Ahh! Make sure you plan your lift trip down to the ground level as it is old and you can be waiting for ages.

Not too far from Waikiki, reasonably clean and Internet was fast

Just ocean scene
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Room was dirty and dust. We booked three days, but there was no housekeeping. The room door stuck and hardly open from inside. There is no reception i guess this hotel addition block of other hotel.

Just ocean scene

I will never stay on this premises on my next visit.
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

The staff was rude! I did not have a key to access through lobby to get to elevator to get to my room and had to wait for a security. And we waiting at least half an hour 45 minutes to get in our room. That was almost every time we went back to our room. When i requested for a key i got yelled at. The staff is inconsistent. the service just rudddddddeeeeeee🙄. Then under the kitchenette sink there was the poisonest foam covering the hold which possibly could be from a rat.😷

I like the valet workers. Kind young gentlemen!

Don’t stay here
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Don’t stay here! The hotel is runned by the worst staff who are rude and don’t answer their phones during business hours.

The staff were rude and there was only one elevator working.

location is great , staff are friendly Aunti Evelyn is great and our bed was comfy
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

The lifts are a bit old and are being modernised and when you are on the 38th floor it can be a bit of a wait during peak times

The view was spectacular from room 3801,the only problem was no check in til 4.00pm and we arrived at 5.00am! There is no manager in the building as the office is next door and you have to contact them by phone. But they are all friendly and helpful.

Good stay for a good price!
    • Standard Room

With all that said, the negatives about this place... Carpets were stained but had been vacuumed, toilet makes a fair amount of noise and so does the a/c (maybe bring ear plugs).

So reading some of the reviews after booking with Marina Tower was the worst but let me tell you there is nothing to worry about. Upon arriving, yes, you do need to call the number so that someone can let you in! It is an apartment! There is a security guard in the evening/night, security cameras, you get a key into the building and to your room. The tower is very safe, there is nothing sketchy about the area! You're surrounded by hotels and lovely restaurants. Shanoa (I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right) was very accommodating and nice. Answered all of our questions and needs. For the price you pay, the room, bathroom and kitchen are all in standard condition, clean and working. Cupboards had dishes, soap, pans, everything you need if you want to eat in. Bathroom was the same, toilet paper, towels, etc. My boyfriend and I saw many people in the tower, some had been there for months! Bed was clean, no bugs seen. The a/c functioned perfectly. The Tower has a pool, jacuzzi, tennis court and BBQ area. All clean, and very nice. The beach is a 5-10 minute walk away. In regards to the elevators, there is plenty of notice that you may be waiting, depending on what floor you're on. We stayed on the 8th floor so if we were feeling impatient we could take the stairs. There was always one elevator working and for a few days we had both elevators! We had a great stay overall and would come back again!

The worst travel nightmare come to life.

My flight from LA was delayed by 2 hours (HA 09). I called to confirm my reservation and was told they did not have it AND the property was unattended and closed after 10pm. I have no where to stay the night. Thanks a lot.

Would not recommend staying here.
    • Standard Room

The lift was super slow and only 1 worked. I wouldn't call it a hotel, the staff were unhelpful and didnt care. The rooms were below average.

No one available on reception and no cleaning in hotel.
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

No one available on reception and no cleaning in hotel. Extra pool charges were taken even though the pool was not required. Long building of 40 floor and only one lift works. The lift was shaky. Horrible experience

It was awful
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Only one elevator, took 15-30 minutes to wait, housekeeping was nowhere to be found, no front desk, everything is handled by table outside. Added resort fees not included in hotel price and was not explained prior to booking room. The bed was uncomfortable. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone

It was walking distance to park and beach

Amazing views, worth every penny!
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

Dragging my luggage down 37 flights of stairs because the only elevator was broken should’ve meant a full refund!!!!

Amazing views, worth every penny!!!

Rip off!

The view of the ocean

Upon arrival there is no front desk to check in at, the numbers posted on the video monitor was not helpful either there was a recirding or the the person who answered said they have nothing to do with the hotel, everything was unorganized, there was only one operable elevator that shook like you were on a scary carnival ride the sign read elevator takes 30-45 minutes omg yes it took long to get to and from your room. The parking is minimal and difficult to park because of the size of the lot and the laundry bins taking up room, then there was no fob device given to me because they apparently ran out so we was told that security would let us in but many a times security was not at there post, luckily people leaving gave entry then theres the no access to the pool because we needed the fob thingy. I can go on and on over just a 2 day stay and for the price I am being charged was absolutely not worth it I stayed at the Waikiki Banyan and paid about the same for four nights with free parking no resort fee and service available 24/7 sorry to say it was horrible. Another couple from Australia complained to me about their room having roaches and room was just unsightly and gross. I would not recommend this place to anyone,not that it really matters or rectify anything. RIGHT!

I was disappointed, would definitely not stay again.
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

There is only one elevator and there can be wait times up from 30-45 minutes during prime 'elevator hours' of the day. That itself was a joke. There was also black mold in the shower.

Good location, close to stores and the beach.
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Only one elevator is working so it takes a bit of time until it arrives. Bathroom could have been cleaner.

Good location, close to stores and the beach.

Had to walk down the stairs with bad leg.
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Had to walk down the stairs with bad leg. Elevator was supposedly broken but people were coming off of it. The stove didn't work. The sink in the bathroom didn't work.

Awful and won't return.
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

The one elevator working broke in the morning around 7am. I had to wall down 27 flights of stairs carrying all my luggage and on top of that the manager or check in lady yelled at me to not sit on the park benches and directed me to sit on the opposite side of the front door. I also had issues with the toilet water pressure being so low it wouldn't flush and got clogged. Because there is no front desk for this hotel after 11 pm until 7 am I had to go buy a plunger from Don Quixote at 5 am because the one with the room had was already broken! Terrible experience.

The price and the no deposit.

Location central to Beach, Shopping centre and restaurants...
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

We didn't get towels had to ring up to get some, our room wasn't the greatest, old and outdated furniture, fridge was broken, bathroom light didn't work properly, shower head was popping out we would have to push it back in. Second Elevator wasn't working a couple times. Bed was really small and not enough pillows

Location central to Beach, Shopping centre and restaurants all walking distance, staff member a lovely old man was helpful

Good for a place just to sleep
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

One of the elevators were broken and it won’t be fixed til next year. There’s no front desk

Room was nicer than I expected when I first arrived to the property.

But all in all great stay! I'd do it again!
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

The smoke detector was beeping all day & night- asked the desk if they could come change the battery- but no one came through. The elevator was broken- so with that great view came a long climb to the room;) I guess had to work for that view!😂

Great price ! Amazing view!!!

Worse place we've ever stayed. Would not recommend it.
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Floors needed a good clean. A phone at the door would of been helpful considering there was no reception. Washing machines didn't work correctly, customer service was poor!

would not stay again unless I was traveling alone and this was a last resort.
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

Upon arrival we waited over 20 minutes for someone to come outside to check us in, I even called multiple times with no answer. There was mold in the shower and a mildew smell upon entry to the room.

The view from our room on the 35th floor was literally the only good thing.

Good value!
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

One elevator works. My longest wait was maybe 8 minutes.. so not too bad.

I didnt expect too much from the stay because of the bad reviews and complaining. But i was very surprised and happy with the room. Checkin was easy, arrived already at 3pm at the building, a lovely lady came up to me and handed me keys and some infos. Room, Kitchen and bathroom were clean. Coffee, dishsoap, microwave, clean fridge, towels were provided. Big Satelite TV and nice bed. The best thing was the view over honolulu, harbor and beach. Its also very nice, that you can open the windows widely. In most high buildings thats not possible. Of course its an old building (almost vintage style rooms), and the rooms could need a renovation, but for the price its great value in my opinion.

Garbage.
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

The hotel is terrible, one elevator working for 40 floors and even that one doesn’t always work. There is no check in desk, they have a number posted on a wall, that if someone didn’t point it out to you, you would miss it, you need to call to check in and staff from another hotel come over to give you the keys. I never got my deposit back even though I literally only touched the shower, sink, toilet, and bed doing no damage to any of them.

Location is the only good thing.

Would not recommend this place. Disappointed with bookings.com.
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Room was dirty, old, curtains falling off rod, shower moldy, bed very uncomfortable. The only thing that looked like pictures were view and shape of room Very disappointed that it was offered through bookings.com Oh and bugs! I have pics if you want them.

Location was good.

The Tower of Terror !!
    • Standard Room

Check in was in the driveway, staff not that friendly & very unprofessional. Lift was broken only one working on a 40 storey building had to take the fire stairs lucky I was only on the 8th floor. room was not serviced daily & did not look that clean. Bed was broken ( I fell off ) , the hairdryer was missing, the ironing board was missing, no staff to ask for assistance. The fire alarm went off at 4am no security to check if building was safe to re-enter. The key was missing from the safe.

The location was good, the room was large, we had a kitchenette & a full size fridge.

I’m not a picky person but I won’t ever go back to this place again!
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

only one elevator works and takes a looong time to arrive at the floor. The room was dirty. A lot of cockroach! no staff available on site to help. I had to ask three times (in three different days) for my datailed bill.

Arrived with great expectation, found the Marina Tower to be far less than expected, left aggrivated
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

Room and bathroom floor is sticky and dirty. Carpet in common areas is old, tacky, and dirty. One of the elevators does not work, and the other elevator was shut down for maintenance during mid-morning. Though the valet parking crew are very friendly and prompt, being required to use valet parking, and pay $25 per day is unacceptable. Having to pay an additional fee for housekeeping is unacceptable. Not having daily housekeeping is unacceptable. There is no lobby or check-in staff. The Marina Tower may be less expensive than most other downtown hotels, but the Marina Tower appears to be just a tacky warehouse of rooms.

We liked the view and the kitchenette. When we called regarding a problem with the tv, the maintenance guy showed up quickly, fixed the problem, and was very friendly.

Not staying or recommending n
    • Standard Room

The hotel is VERY outdated. The view was of nasty condos next door and it of the beach like the images showed. Almost all of the furnishings are mismatched, there are stains on nearly everything from mattress to curtains and even a lampshade. The bathroom cupboards are wood and very worn and destroyed around the edges. At some point There must have been a soap shelf in the shower but it is long gone and a extremely jagged and rusty bracket is left in its place. The cable was intermittent. Only one elevator for 40 floors and it went down at least once during my stay. No cleaning unless you pay for weekly cleaning. The bedsheet was just a normal sheet and not a fitted sheet so it kept coming off the bed during night and was uncomfortable because it would bunch up underneath of you. There is NO soundproofing. Every voice especially every door slam is heard at any time of the day or night. You can have your car parked/stored/valeted for a fee of $25/day at the neighboring hotel.

Very underwhelmed by this property
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

Check in not until 4pm and is just a person outside hotel to book you in so delay with check in. Lifts were being renovated and the one in operation did not feel safe to ride in. We found two bags of rubbish in our wardrobe from previous occupants. No response from hotel when we advised by text (as instructed) of issue

Good location, were able to leave bags there before check in

Nice room with a view
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

The elevator situation is a problem. There is only one extremely small elevator that works for 29 floors. This has been going on since 2017 and the won’t be done until 2019. The bathroom needs to updated and the toilet is extremely low.

The view is wonderful.

So bad we left after one night
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Only one lift worked it was a condominium not a hotel had no check in facilities only one lift was working till 2019 could take 45 mins for other lift to come Not 2 mins from beach more like 20

Not much

The place was ok but I would not stay here again
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

The elevator. They have one working elevator for 40 floors and it was slow. We had to wait long periods of time to get on and off. It broke down at one point, for two hours and we had to wait for it to be reset. Service is not great. They cleaned once in ten days. We asked for more towels and we did not get them so we bought some.

The location is great. The beach, food, and shopping were all within a couple blocks.

Disgusting
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Everything was awful Nothing like pictures and I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. Also only one elevator working and sign said could wait 35-45 minutes for an elevator. We waited up to 25 minutes

The view

Hawaii was awesome. Probably doesn’t hurt to pay a little extra to stay somewhere nicer
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

The thought of possibly not having any accomodation when we arrived at the property and not getting any communication from the property at all to confirm or deny our booking status in any way nor read their emails to see that we had tried to communicate with them

The view was awesome

We did not spend a lot of time in our room.
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

Toilet lid was broke, shower drips, elevator was broken , need bar stools so you can sit up to see the view . Room key did not work when I checked in so I had to go all the way down to get a new one while my husband waited by the room door with all our stuff. And the elevator was very slow..took forever.

Location, easy to park.

Reasonable price, but the noise from the road was constant and the elevator was inconvenient.
    • Standard Room

The elevator. There are two, but one is being replaced, leaving the other to service 40 floors at a "safe" pace. It can take 40 minutes to go up and down to all floors, so take a book to read while you wait. The elevator refurbishment is due to finish in 2019.

Good location and reasonable price (I thought when booking). The fridge was HUGE, and the room was large enough for two people to do a bit of yoga. There's an ABC supermarket one block away, which has groceries, toiletries and a few souvenirs. Waikiki beach is within walking distance.

This is the WORST place ever.
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

This is so far the WORST hotel I've stayed ever. Next time if I am coming to Hawaii, I am going camping. Hmm, where to start: 1. The booking is easy, and when you got off your 6 hours flight, they won't even let you in until 4pm and there is no receptionist desk, there is a security stall outside of the building, they don't check anything, only asking for your credit card. 2. The elevator going up is basically a disaster, only one out of two is working and it serves from the ground to 40 some floor, you wait for a good 20mins if you are not lucky and found out you can't even get in cuz it's a tiny elevator packed with people. 3. When you get to your floor and it's this super tight hallway, you have all your hands carrying stuff, then you find out, great! Your card key won't work.Some kind neighbor tried to help and apparently, this happens A LOT. You called the only number they gave you cuz there is no F* check-in desk, and they told you to get your A*S downstairs to get your new card keys. 4. When you finally fight your way to the room, the AC is on and the filter clean light is BRIGHT RED. The whole room smells like someone just peed in it. And of course you called and they told you no you can't switch room and you'll wait until tomorrow to get your AC filter changed. Well, your nightmare is just getting started. 5. The next day, you got back, the key won't work again, you called, and the ask you go come down again. Fine. You got the so-called NEW card key, finally made back to your floor, guess what, they won't work! You started to doubt yourself, did I put them together with my phone? No I didn't. And you call, they YELL at you "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE KEYS!!" and slam the phone, storm upstairs, finally get your door opened. 6. And the filter is still NOT CHANGED! The room smelled like PISS! You stopped the lady who just yelled at you and storming her way down and she won't even reply.

Superlative views, giant picture windows, fabulous location, nice staff when elevator works
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

The crapshoot is whether or not the elevator works. We had to walk up 38 floors the first day and didn't know when we would have an elevator. Providentially, it worked the next day. All that remained was the ten minutes plus or minus wait for the elevator. Parking is available, but it is not cheap. Because of the elevator difficulty, we were given free parking.

The Marina Tower Waikiki is a very affordable hotel within walking distance of shopping, restaurants and Ala Moana Beach. If you are higher up in the hotel, the view is terrific. There is a pool and jacuzzi and tennis court.

Wouldn’t stay here again
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

Under renovation & not advised. No reception area or staff on arrival & check-in took place in the car park area at the front of hotel, by a rather sullen staff member who advised us the number to call her over to the hotel was stuck to the door (left if the main entrance door which we didn’t see). We called the hotel number on Booking.com. &Amp; we’re advised to call another number which didn’t answer. Thankfully the duty manager arrived shortly afterwards as other people were checking in as well. There is one lift for the building while renovation is being carried out- 2nd lift not due to be operational until 2019. Kitchen in unit is old but adequate & fairly clean, bathroom is old, grubby and poorly maintained. Towels, hand towels etc are less than satisfactory. Shower area mouldy and dark. Bed is comfortable however there’s no mattress protector fitted just a sheet straight on top of mattress and no extra pillows (2 only supplied and unable to easily contact manager as she’s not onsite). Air conditioning had to be turned off overnight as it was too noisy to sleep with it on. The furniture is grubby and again, poorly maintained. If Waikiki hadn’t have been solidly booked, we’d have left and found elsewhere. These 2 pics aren’t enough to show our disappointment in this place. We’d not stay here again even though it was only overnight

The view was great looking towards the ocean from our room on 21st floor

For the money i paid is just not worth it just to be honest
    • Standard Room

There is nothing in the room except bed,tv,and shower. Lots of roaches,the bathroom is dirty and OmG the person welcome us is very sarcasti. Never again

Great price. Awesome staff.
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

The bed mattress seemed old and too soft. Woke with a sore back each morning. The shower was on the smaller side.

The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Would go out of their way to make your stay more enjoyable. Having to use a magnetic key to get in to the elevator made the place feel safe.

The owner failed to report that one of the buildings two...
    • Studio Kitchenette Partial Ocean View

The owner failed to report that one of the buildings two elevatore (40 stories) was under construction and unavailable until 2019. A posted sign indicated that renters should expect up to a 30 to 45 minute wait and be prepared to walk down the stairs. The room was unclean and unconfortable.

The worst in all of my traveling experience!
    • Studio Kitchenette Deluxe Ocean View

FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! From the pictures to everything in between. Staff is rude! Have to call a number to check in, wait 15 minutes for someone to meet you in the parking garage to have you sign paperwork for check in, you’re forced to valet park at $25 dollars a day and it’s not even 24 hrs. The valet service is also rude and not accommodating. The room is disgusting, pubes in shower and on toilet. WiFi didn’t work and when I contacted the staff about it (via text as that’s the only option) they didn’t do anything about it. Tv didn’t work, no alarm clock or phone. Description of room States “deluxe ocean view” ha yea you can see the ocean in the distance out the window since you’re 39 stories high! Absolutely disappointed and will be filing a formal complaint tomorrow! Terrible ending to our trip and will not be recommending this place to my enemy, nor will I be recommending booking.com ay this point either!

Browse Marina Tower Waikiki traveller photo gallery