Reviews of Aquamarine Villas 2 stars

711 South Myers, Oceanside, CA 92054, USA

#7 of 26 hotels in Oceanside

• Suite for Four

There is very little to dislike. If I had to choose something to critique it would only be that the villas are a bit dated and could use some upgrades.

The staff was extremely helpful and hard working. They did a great job keeping the facility clean and maintained. The location is a bit of the beaten path but it was only a short walk to the beach and was quiet with the exception of the trains. Even those were easy to get used to.

• Suite for Four

Loved it, cozy homey and great view. Loved walking to the pier and farmers market. Will stay again. Receptionist was so friendly and gave us a lovely room with fab view.

• Suite for Four

Great location, walking distance from the beach and some great restaurants. We loved sitting in the hot tub while the kids swam in heated pool. Perfect for our weekend getaway!

• Suite for Four

The location was close enough to walk to the beach, restaurants, Sunset Market,...but also close to the train tracks so you would get the whistle blowing many times a night.

• Suite for Four

Nothing really besides I wish we could of stayed longer!

This place was great! I only gave a semi-smiley face on the comfort cuz the pull out bed was just ok; HOWEVER, that being said that is sooo minor of a detail compared to how awesome this place was! I know some people complained about the train, but c'mon you are in oceanside and are going to hear that anywhere you stay near the pier! Also, it isn't that bad at all like some say! I heard it maybe once! View was awesome! The Cup next door is the best and the market also! Great location! Anyway, great facility and we will be staying here again!

• Suite for Four

The overwhelming problem was getting into the place at all. I was booked for two nights but miissed the first night entirely. In fact it was an utter disaster as they didn't send me an access code to get in through the locked door (I arrived during the evening, not particularly late but not during office hours). They didn't answer any of the phone numbers on the booking sheet, on the hotel wall by the door or even on the emergency number. I was told next day their phones will not call out to an international (uk) cell phone but just answer your own phone......... You knew my arrival time so it's down to you !!!! I thought I was going to have to sleep in the car but actually managed to get the last room in another, scruffier, motel. Not at all happy. They claimed the problem was that Booking.com had not released my payment details and therefore my booking was not ensured. Sorry, but that's not my problem. You took the booking, it was on your system and so I expected my room! The hotel is also in close proximity to the railway crossing and the noise from the trains and their horns from early morning is really loud.

Room and lounge area were very nice and spacious. Hotel location was ok, pretty close to the beach which is why most people want to be here, but not particularly close to the town centre. Thee pool area is small but the enclosed grounds feel secure (if you can get in) and it's pretty nice overall.

• Suite for Four

- daily cleaning not available like hotels. (they will just remove trash) - extra charge for towels if requested

- awesome location - awesome staff - Location - Very near to beach - complimentary beach chairs + umbrella

I had to leave. lol

This place was fantastic! 1 block from beach, great view from balcony. The room was large. Full kitchen, living room. The outside grounds are beautiful. The pool and hot tub was used quite a bit by us especially at night. The management is very nice. Lots of amenities. We will stay again.

• Suite for Six

Trains could get loud for some but didn't bother me.

The size of the room was much bigger than expected. It's more of an apartment than a hotel room, and was priced comparably to just a regular small hotel room. Steps from the beach, great view, clean kid-friendly pool. What a great find!

• Suite for Four

I'd never stay here again despite positives. We received a call to arrive before 7pm before office closed (or late check in available). We raced there through rush hour in L.A. and got there at 630pm. Long story short, office was closed, but keys were left at front gate in lock box. The stairs were long. We had asked for first floor, got second floor. I had to make multiple trips with heavy bags up several flights of stairs. Hotel was close to ocean but the beach was really a mile away, and the the view out window was mainly homes or apartments with some ocean view. The worst part were the trains a block away coming all day and night. Most of the trains weren't loud but one that came at least once an hour blew the horn real loud, I mean it sounded like it was right next to our window. The tv blanked out every 10 minutes , weird! (screen turned black and said "smart tv") Wow, real smart! Way overpriced for all this bad experience. Pool was cold, couldn't use it.

Bed was very comfortable, room was spacious with living room, dining area and kitchen. Balcony with some view of ocean. One block to ocean. The garage had ample parking.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Suite for Four

These things are not deal breakers for me, but I will share what I felt could have used a little improvement... The bed was lumpy. There is also no air conditioning, but the bedroom and main room had ceiling fans that made the rooms very comfortable for me. Opening the slider to the deck and letting the ocean breeze in helped too. The Villas are close to the railroad tracks, which you could hear from the room. It wasn't terrible though and the trains didn't run at night, so it was nice and quiet for sleeping. One other thing, we had trouble finding the front desk. You entered from the alley through the parking garage. No big deal once you figured it out, but we did spend a little time walking around confused, trying to find the entrance.

I was expecting a hotel room and ended up with a one bedroom apartment, which was fully stocked with everything needed! The apartment was so clean and inviting. The bedroom and bathroom was as expected. The kitchen had all the dishes and utensils, including a refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher! The living room had a wonderful fireplace and a walkout deck. I was on the second floor and I had an incredible view of the ocean with the Oceanside Pier in the distance. The apartment was open concept with sky lights allowing lots of natural light into the room. I didn't have a vehicle but they do have a nice parking garage with a spot for every guest. The property was so nice and pretty and had beautiful landscaping. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean and there were outdoor grills for the guests to use. The property was also private and secure, which made me feel very safe. I will go back to the Aquamarine Villas! Just a super place to stay for the comfort and the value!

• Suite for Four

Didn't realized the train went thru there but I still didn't mind.

I loved the full kitchen with everything you need when you would cook at home. The beach was 1 block away and around the corner was a market place. The property offered free movies to check out.

• Suite for Four

The family and I had no dislike. Love evrything. I felt like was in my home.

Everything was just perfect, the environment ... just a 👍 vibe all around the area. #veryplease!😍😎👌

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Suite for Four

I would have to say that there wasn't anything!!!! I'm going to miss hearing the train.

I love that it was so close to the ocean and all the local strips!!! Very clean and comfortable here like a second home really. The staff was awesome too!!! There is a gentleman there that does the maintenance there and he was our favorite! He took time out to tell us about the great spots to go.

• Suite for Four

The bathtub wasn't the cleanest and some of the towels weren't in the best shape.

Quiet, spacious, loved the separate bedroom, kitchen, and living area.

• Suite for Four

The living room had a strange smell that bothered my allergies, the train is literally on the same street and it is LOUD, the units do not have AC, and check out is at 10am!

Very close to the beach

• Suite for Four

Bed too small...uncomfortable. Living room sofabed mattress is worn & sitting chairs not comfortable. Furniture arrangement not practical for relaxing and watching tv.

Friendly housekeeper let us see other rms with better views. Made mistake with choosing wrong room from last stay. Front desk said room not available but never saw anyone check into any of them...

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Suite for Four

The property is very clean and spacious, much more than I expected!! Only a block from the beach! Really feels like you hit the jackpot with this place. Staff is very friendly. Very convenient and comfortable for families, it's nice to have a comforting place to relax after long days out. Highly recommend this property, we will be coming back for sure!!

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Suite for Four

The train....we stayed in room 6 right next to the tracks it comes by every like 30 min. We will definitely ask for a room back of property next time. But we will definitely be back even with the train.

Everything was wonderful,price was amazing, staff was helpful,room was darling and clean,kitchen was large and handy,it was accessible to the ocean, we LOVED having garage parking everything was GREAT....

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Suite for Four

One night we came back and the room wasn't cleaned but I think it was because we were still in the room when they were doing their scheduled cleaning. Thought they would come back later in the day.

The best value for my money I have gotten when staying away. There are not many picture on the web to do this place any justice. I took a chance and I'll be back.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Suite for Four

Nothing - although this is close to RR tracks, well insulated, and no noticeable noise.

Bed was comfortable, excellent location near beach restaraunts, and across from great coffee shop. This is a time-share condo, so it has a full kitchen. Balcony overlooking the ocean was a nice bonus. Be prepared - the office is accessed via the alley at the rear of the property - we did a lap around it looking for the location to check in.

• Suite for Four

swear my family woke up at 4am and a (ghost) man was standing by the bed, both of them saw him, and then he quickly vanished

we were close to family

• Suite for Four

Noisy family upstairs with small children running and moving furniture all night

• Suite for Four

beautiful landscaping. we didn't use the kitchen , but it was well stocked and looked new.

• Suite for Four

The villa itself was wonderful. Ocean view and all for the same price as a hotel room. 150 ft from ocean

• Suite for Four

Great place, my family will be back

• Suite for Four

would stay here again but next time would bring ear plugs for the train.

it was great

• Suite for Four

I loved the balcony with the view of the ocean.

• Suite for Four

Very clean. Friendly and very helpful staff. Good parking and walking distance to beach.

Location was great

• Suite for Four

Spacious, clean and a location that can't be beat.

• Suite for Four

Not enough towels. Seemed like what we put in didn’t get back.

Clean very comfortable and the staff was great.

• Suite for Four

The Villas are a block from the ocean. Th cheated pool was a hit with the kids. Our villa was very spacious and clean. We cannot wait to go back.

Nothing...everything was perfect!

Location!!

• Suite for Four

The beach was Rocky and dirty, there was a noisy train every 15-20 minutes, uncomfortable bed and furniture, not worth the money.

Near the water

• Suite for Four

Right near the beach. Lovely grounds

The rooms are amazing!

• Suite for Four

The property was clean and very close to the beach. We had an ocean view from our balcony. We enjoyed our stay and will stay here again.

The train

That it was homey

• Suite for Four

I had a family emergency and was unable to get back my money for the night I cancelled several days notice was given.

• Suite for Four

Large family over ran resort. Staff did not do anything to make them control children

Great property, and location

• Suite for Four

Furniture needs to be upgraded.

Nice and comfortable for the price. Quiet too.

Train noise

Location. Friendly staff. Privacy

• Suite for Four

Loud train whistle every hour (incl nighttime) was a huge downside

Near beach, nice view, access to pool and dvds

• Suite for Four

No air conditioning or elevator

Free DVD movies. Balcony. Location near the beach. Garage parking.

• Suite for Four

The train half block from the place

The place was clean and nice

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Everything was great

Location. The size of the rooms and the beautiful grounds.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Suite for Four

I liked everything they knocked or out of the park with the way they treated us to the extra amenities aqua offered!

Bedroom tv was to small

Everything!!!!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Suite for Four

Mattress in hide a bed was awful. I could feel the springs

Location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Suite for Four

There was nothing we did not like

Everything. Knowing where it is we were not expecting such a wonderful place. And having garage parking a plus

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Suite for Four

Bed too small and not as comfortable as mine. Train noise....

like staying in a nice home for a great price..fireplace!

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Suite for Four

Told us where the extra sheets and blankets were located, so we didnt have to go buy them for the pull out bed.

• Suite for Four

great location and very good rooms.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Train line nearby

Bedroom small but living accommodation large

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Suite for Four

I wish there were elevators, but stairs weren't bad.

Parking, staff, cleanliness, spaciousness, location, security

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

It was a little hard to get towels at times as my wife and I stayed there for a full week. Some of the staff was difficult to work with but other staff were just absolute professionals!

The value and the quality of the room was unsurpassed. The price I got in comparison to other hotels I stayed in was unmatched! The location and size of just one room was amazing! I highly highly recommend this place to anyone and everyone. Compared to other choice hotels in the area that were way more expensive this one was hands down the best! I will be staying here again!

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Sofa bed was not comfortable to sleep on. The keys worked on 2/3's of the time.

The whole suite was wonderful. Very clean place. Great location near ocean. Nice balcony.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

It is close to commuter train. The older groups of people that come see allott of stairs.

Good location to and from the beach. Excellent staff. Nice and spacious to entertain a small group

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

This property had no heat or airconditioning which was not on any information available at booking. I was there in February which had cold nights. I was offered to buy a duroflame log for $5 to put in the fireplace. They also had a celling fan in kitchen area and bedroom. The most annoying part was the lock/key system that only worked occasionally to get into the garage door and our unit. We ended up having six keys for two people. The office staff acted like we were nuts but the other residents and the cleaning people agreed with us. They solved the problem by putting a mat in the garage door to hold it open. Very disappointing experience for the one

The cleaning staff was very good replacing towels and emptying trash etc.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

View of Ocean from just outside of room, restaurants close enough to walk, pool, Jacuzzi, great service from all of staff, beautiful room with lots of space to spread out

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

We enjoyed the clean, well equipped unit. It's very close to the beach and even though we were in the end unit closest to the train tracks our overnight was not disrupted because of noise. I'm glad the young folks were on the sofa bed. Our bed was very comfortable! Good value.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Great views, bed was very comfortable and room was spacious and very clean. Has everything you need. Very peaceful and relaxing. Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

Train noise but that can't be helped and we noticed that if you want to be close to the beach then you will have train noises throughout the day and night.

Close to the beach, pier, freeway. This is a condo so the extra comforts are worth the money. Close to a small market, cafe, and walking distance to beach and activities.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2015

The sofa bed mattress needed to be replaced, and trains were tough to get used to (not the fault of the resort...just what you get this close to the beach in Oceanside). We downloaded a white noise app on our iPad, and that really helped with the trains!

We loved the charm of this resort! It was quiet, quaint, and lovely. The room was just a few steps to the pool, hot tub, and 2 very clean BBQ grills. We loved that! The layout of the room was really open, and the kitchen was clean and fully stocked. Great unit! The surf was great for body boarding and swimming at the beach within a very short walk away. The staff were all warm and friendly. We really enjoyed our time here!

• Reviewed: 1 April 2015

Sofa bed needs a new mattress and the train noise didn't allow the window to be open at night, but not too annoying.

Great location, friendly staff, good parking location, clean rooms and close to the beach!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2015

I loved how relaxing and comforting it was! Truly a home away from home! The suite was perfect, enough room for the 5 of us (2 Adults, 1 teen - 17, and 2 children - 6&8). Accommodating to everyone. My 6 year old had a blast he told me I couldn't make him leave haha :) he loved the ocean being so close. Sunsets were great. The train did go by a lot but you get used it not a bother at all! Will definitely be coming back!!

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

We booked a king bed, showed up and it was a queen. Advised the staff and her response was "none of those rooms have a king" as if it was my problem. Nothing was done, she couldn't possibly care less. The trip was fun but the bed was easily the worst I've ever slept on and I've soent the last few days trying to get over the soreness in my back and shoulders as a result of it.

Nice layout and had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Great location, great place to stay, quiet, friendly staff, beautiful grounds.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Breakfast only on Saturday.

Location and security.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Sofa bed mattress needs to be replaced

Nice room, heated pool, good location

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Pool and spa. Very clean--

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

This was a great place. Super clean, great location, secure parking, beautiful grounds, and very quiet.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2016

Noise.

Access to beach.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

A elevator. View of the ocean.

Location, price, condo layout.

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Aquamarine Villas traveller photo gallery