Reviews of Arden Acres Executive Suites & Cottages 3 stars

2421 Clay Street, Sacramento, CA 95815, USA

#35 of 78 hotels in Sacramento

The mattress was comfy and the cottage was decorated...
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

The power went out inthe living room but they moved us cottages and fixed the problem super professional we will stay again

The mattress was comfy and the cottage was decorated beautifully

Home away from home
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

The location isn’t great on one side, but not terrible. That’s just how most of Sacramento is. Being in a gated place was nice and it was relatively quiet.

Super cute place. So nice staying in a home instead of just a room! Super clean and roomy! Nice to have parking right in front of our place.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

A neat place!

I liked everything!

The cottage was roomy and very comfortable. You're not in a typical hotel room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a secure gate surrounding the property.

Oh !
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

It was in the middle of a very sketchy neighborhood. Two cars with broken out windows and seats torn out of another. It was gated though with curled barbed wire on top of the fence like a jail compound.

They didnt even have my reservation, wanted me to hang around and wait for 2+hours while they drove back to Sacramento ?!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Great property. Good value for your money.
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

The unit was comfortable and clean with a lot of thoughtful details. I would definitely stay here again. We felt safe and secure at the property. Definitely let them know if you are arriving late so they can arrange for your access code to the property gate and room key after office hours.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

The place is very clean but we would not stay here again.
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

The linens on the bed were not very nice, they seemed old and the pillows were flat. They need to be updated as well. Also the blinds in the kitchen and front door were missing sections of the blinds so we did not have complete privacy. A piece of the missing sections were laying outside on the front stairs. I found that interesting. Why the blinds were not repaired is a good question?

The mobile home was very clean which was great!

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Very nice place for a cozy stay... area is kinda suspect.
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

The area is not the best. There were bikers the weekend we were there and their bikes were fairly loud right by our bedroom window, but that's not the property's fault.

The cottage was cozy and very nice considering the area where the property was located. It was nice not to be connected to other rooms and the kitchen was very useful.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Adequate, but we were glad when it was time to leave early the next morning.
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

This property should be listed in the description as a Mobile Home Park, not cottages as they are described. Furthermore, they need to invest a little more money in the upkeep of the bathroom, it is extremely old being a single wide mobile home and is in need of fixture replacement. I live in a very nice double wide mobile home, so to equate these to cottages was ridiculous. The water heater could not sustain a shower of more than 5 minutes. The surrounding location was in a very run down neighborhood surrounded by homeless encampments. Also, we had to take out our own trash which I would assume staying in a hotel like environment would be part of housekeeping covered by our fees. There is no real parking for your vehicle, only the fire lane in front of the 'cottage'. There is a train that runs all night near to the park as well so be prepared for nighttime noise.

We liked the fact that there was a functional kitchen so we did not have to go out for food.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

"Executive Cottage" NOT!
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

Arriving after dark, it was unnerving to discover that the "executive cottage" was a mobile home in an RV park area! I could hear trains and noisy cars at night. The wifi cut in and out so it was of little use. There was a coffee maker but no coffee packets. I think the description of the property was misleading and cost more than it was worth. 😕

It wasn't far from where I needed to be. It was clean and roomy for one person. There was a security gate around the property. The heat worked okay and the shower was good. Bed was fine.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Staff were friendly but were at the office only limited...
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

Units were not well maintained. Neighborhood seemed unsafe. Surrounded by light industrial and therefore noisy.

Staff were friendly but were at the office only limited hours.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

I liked not having any attached neighbors.
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

The facility is a mobile home park. When the description stated private cottages; the image of a mobile home did not come to mind. The facility is in a questionable neighborhood that borders a high crime area. The discription also stated it was walking distance to downtown. I was disappointed to find out that this would entail walking over 4 miles and much if it would be through a high crime area.

I liked not having any attached neighbors. It was very quiet. The unit I stayed in was clean and reasonably well maintained.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Bad news good news!
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

Was there 5 days when asked for fresh towels was told to wash them in available laundry!! Location was 1/2 block from train tracks, ergo noise! Location is right into a commercial area and across street from a "tobacco road" trailer park!

All the "buildings" where individual. They are basically manufactured buildings BUT not so described in the advertising.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Great little place, home away from home.
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

One of the bedroom window, facing southeast, needs blinds/drapes, to keep sun out.

I stayed 8 days & spent a good amount of time in my cottage. Very comfortable & great location, though no city noise. Beds are almost as comfortable as my own at home. Jackie, the owner lives on site & is easily accessible. I can't say enough good things about this place.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Plan on coming back next year!!

No problems

Clean and quiet

Very nice home-like environment.
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

Very nice home-like environment. We were greeted nicely upon coming in.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

A little piece of paradise

Very quiet!

While the owner of the place very deal very, very bad

While the owner of the place very deal very, very bad

Worked perfect for us!

Zero!

Spotless!

The location was not the best.
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

The location was not the best. Kind of a sketchy neighborhood.

Overall it was a good experience but check out needs to be extended to at least 11.
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

Check out is way too early.

I liked the home feel to it.

Hidden gem
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

The staff could be nicer

Everything was amazing

Everything was there and clean!
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

The heater made loud noises when it went on.

Everything was there and clean!

Cute upscale cottages in park like setting.
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

Cute upscale cottages in park like setting. Completely gated with security code. Location convenient to north and central Sacramento.

A little diamond in the rough.
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

The neighborhood after dark.

Very nice landscape

Great value

It was comfortable

Cozy stay
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

that the bathroom was not a separate room.

The cottage was cozy and perfect for a couple.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Great stay as usual

Leaving

Great location & the staff is very accommodating

Arden Acres Rocks!

Leaving 😜

Very homey! Nice to have your own cottage while away.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

We loved it!
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

Poor security; anyone can follow inside the gates, and they were wide open when we left.

Everything was very attractive and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Great Value

Very clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Comfortable but location not ideal
    • One-Bedroom Cottage

It was a long way from town, You could hear trains go past

The chalet was spacious and reasonably equipped.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

It's like being at home...

No Hairdryer - I had to go buy a new one

The cottage was really cute.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Very nice and clean inside of the cottage.

It's bit removed from restaurants, but the available kitchen makes up for that.

Very nice and clean inside of the cottage. Comfortable bed and a lot of space.

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

Nice place to stay & close to the church I attended...

TV in living room didn't turned on but maybe it needed batteries,didn't mess with it.

Nice place to stay & close to the church I attended & the mall. Thank you for your hospitality ☺

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

Lovely grounds and units.

Outside the gates of the property not so nice area, but not terrible.

Lovely grounds and units. Very well maintained. The staff was kind and accommodated our needs (later check out). Very cute place ;) Thank you to the lovely staff!!!

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

I loved the grounds as soon as we pulled up!

never heard the train... and I LOVE the sound of trains... reminds me of my childhood. Maybe add a bigger frying pan, or have one on hand, for a just in case?

I loved the grounds as soon as we pulled up! Absolutely Beautiful! and then there was Jacqueline... what a little whipper snapper and breathe of fresh air! :) Our cottage was SO comfortable, clean and SO very cute...very light and airy, and tastefully decorated...it truly was my tranquility in the midst of a devastating trip. I can't wait to come back! (I would have loved to stay for a week or more) I highly recommend this little "comfort of home" over any hotel hustle and bustle anytime...easy breezy in and out, and all the staff was so very kind! Thank you Arden Acres for sharing your little piece of Heaven, where I felt safe and well cared for...Jacqueline, you have a brilliant mind! :)

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

The housekeepers were nice the owner was a total prude

The owner was rude and made you feel unwanted , degrading, belittle due to my appearance the way she talked to people was like she was prejudiced judgmental all due to her superiority complex. Landlord showed president by her choice of words our deliverance and overall demeanor

The housekeepers were nice the owner was a total prude

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Was very comfortable.

Jackie the manager was very pleasant and very helpful, however, the owner of the property was abrasive and very rude. She should stay away.

Was very comfortable. Enjoyed the privacy of having my own place. Amenities were good, staff was very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

The staff the next morning were very nice!

The small "cottage" was just a single-wide trailer. It wasn't clean in any means and was in a really rough neighborhood.Our taxi driver actually started getting nervous and commented on how bad the area was. We entered the code provided to get through the gate but it didn't work. The "24 hour" call number didn't answer (it was midnight) so we had to drag our three bags and cat carrier a very long way across the property to get to our trailer. Total nightmare. I would not stay here again if you paid me.

The staff the next morning were very nice!

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

Home away from home, gated community, owner on site,...

Home away from home, gated community, owner on site, friendly staff. My house was comfortable, had a well stocked kitchen for two, comfortable living room, and lovely clean bathroom. Compared to a hotel, this is paradise.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2015

I enjoyed having a front porch.

They advertised cottages; I got a trailer. The location was behind a trailer park and RV center. The handle of the microwave was broken.

I enjoyed having a front porch. It was very close to the State Fair locale, which was nice.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

The staff seemed very friendly.

The trailer was absolutely filthy to the point of being disgusting. I have never stayed in a hotel that was this dirty. We found hair on the sheets, dirt, dust, and hair on all the windowsills. The shower walls and ledge were covered in dirt and hair. The entire floor of the trailer had not been mopped in ages. My children's feet were black moments after taking a bath. Like I said.... Disgusting. There was no oven just FYI.

The staff seemed very friendly. We like shaving a separate bedroom since we had our small children with us. The kitchen was handy.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

It felt like my own little house.

It felt like my own little house. It was clean with a lot more amenities than I thought. Very nice for the price! I would recommend and return in the future.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

not a cottage, a trailer park. the bed was horrible. tv was mounted so high, that there was NO way possible to watch it without making my neck hurt

• Reviewed: 19 March 2015

Cute place.

No sign out front. Really didn't know these cottages were park models but it worked out fine. The mattress is wrapped in plastic that makes noise. Turn off the big laundry room lights or put motion detectors on them.

Cute place. Safe and quaint. Staff is friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2015

Cottage had all conveniences of home.

Cottage had all conveniences of home. The staff texted me the information so that I could check in at my convenience. They emailed me my receipt as requested. Great experience.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2015

Kitchen was decent.

Sheets were stained and wrinkled. Probably had been changed, but we weren't sure so we used our own sheets. Check out 9 am??!! =(

Kitchen was decent. Property is gated. Otherwise wouldn't have stayed in that neighborhood.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

the cottages were great and if you were spending multiple...

The location is ok. Not the greatest if you are on foot but if you have a car you can get to everything pretty easily.

the cottages were great and if you were spending multiple nights this would be perfect.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Great location and amenities.

Small bed.

Great location and amenities.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2016

Private cottage

Private cottage

• Reviewed: 11 January 2016

Cottages are roomy, larger than most hotel suites & the...

Cottages are roomy, larger than most hotel suites & the owners are awesome! Really great value & a nice little community

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

I liked that I could bring my dog.

It took too long for the water to get hot for my shower. Also the floor needs to be moped.

I liked that I could bring my dog.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

Friendly staff, felt safe about my vehicle

Friendly staff, felt safe about my vehicle

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Great place good value will go again

Take out our own trash

Great place good value will go again

• Reviewed: 6 July 2015

The staff was very nice, and the room was very clean.

The staff was very nice, and the room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

Friendly, Helpful Staff/ Free Parking/ Gated...

Friendly, Helpful Staff/ Free Parking/ Gated Entrance/ Perfect for Extended Stay Visits in Sacramento.

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

The price

slightly difficult to check in

The price

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

Every little thing about it.

No complaints at all.

Every little thing about it. We will never stay in a hotel in Sacramento again as long as these little gems are available

• Reviewed: 20 April 2015

The lady who runs it is lovely and very helpful and welcoming

We should have checked what part of town it was we needed and stayed closer.

The lady who runs it is lovely and very helpful and welcoming

• Reviewed: 6 January 2015

Cute cottage.

Noisy heater

Cute cottage.

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.