Reviews of Arena Hotel 3 stars

817 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126, USA

#33 of 67 hotels in San Jose

Perfect location for a concert

The room was very big, but they didn't seem to have enough furniture to fill the space. It would've been nice to have a small couch for somewhere to sit in the empty space. Unfortunately, our room was located next to the guest laundry room which we could hear if we didn't have the TV on.

The guy that checked us in was super friendly. It was a perfect location for a concert that night at the SAP. It was within perfect walking distance with a little brewery in between. The room was also quite a bit bigger than expected. Parking was great.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The neighborhood.

Disinfectant odor, broken WiFi for days, sticky carpet. Plentiful cheapo efficient breakfast. Multiple "Out of Order" signs. The absolute worst soap and shampoo ever experienced while traveling.

The neighborhood. This place is great for the attendants of the SAP center. Very good secure parking.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

a/c worked

internet didn't work for a whole month fire alarm went off at 2am apparently for no reason, and everyone had to evacuate for about 15 minutes ceiling in the dining area started falling off on its own bird feces near the entrance is never cleaned

a/c worked jacuzzi tub

Very nice and helpful reception staff.

Carpet wasn’t clean when we got in, but it has been taken care as soon as we mentioned it to the receptionist.

Very nice and helpful reception staff. Huge room with jacuzzi.

Close walk to SAP center.

The Jacuzzi hot tub was big, but looked old and looked like the dirt was stained on the bottom. We did not use it.

The front desk staff were very friendly. The hotel and room was clean and looked like it was recently updated. It felt like you were stepping back to the 60's but had a modern touch. Breakfast was better than any continental breakfast at other hotels, there were eggs, sausages, stuffed pancakes, waffles. bread, fruit, yogurt, juices, coffees, and sodas. It was filling. It was a 5 minute walk to the SAP center and there is also a park and Whole Foods.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Accommodation met our needs for a short business trip.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Light in bathroom could only be turned on/shut off outside the bathroom room.

Room amenities were great. Front desk staff people were professional, friendly and accommodating.

Our toilet seat was broken, we called for repair they came...

Our toilet seat was broken, we called for repair they came and said they’d switch it out for another one. I asked if they had a new one (cheap plastic lid) and she mumbled she didn’t know, left and the broken toilet seat was never fixed.

All in all it is a nice place to stay if you are going there for an event at the center.

The room could have been a little cleaner. The bed skirt had stains all over it and the walls were stained and/or dingy. Their room service would have been awesome but it closed at 10:30pm and the concert ended at 11pm. It would have been nice if they were open later since there are no food locations around in walking distance. Plan ahead bring food for later.

Being named the Arena Hotel is spot on as it is less than a half mile from the SAP Center, excellent proximity. The hotel was easy to find. The free breakfast was a plus. Other than that is was an okay stay for the price.

For me was a very good hotel.

Outside the entrance of the hotel was not so clean Internet connection was a little difficult

Room clean and comfortable Polite workers at desk, kitchen, etc

location clone to business but horrible WiFi
    • Deluxe Suite

WiFi didn’t work the 2 times we stayed there, too many homeless in the area, no security, hot water was only lukewarm the entire stay

Good size room, free breakfast

Location and large room size.
    • Deluxe Suite

We were on the third floor and they only have one elevator. On the day we checked out, It was out of service. My wife has some physical issues that Make it difficult to go up and down stairs. Therefore she could not go down to breakfast and then come back up to the room.

Location and large room size.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Welcoming, pleasant hotel, in a quiet area with many accomodations in the immediate area.

The only thing that happened that is not the fault of the hotel is that the reasonably priced vending machine ate my dime and I had just enough change to get a bag of chips. I'm sure if I would have said something they would have gotten me a bag of chips.

Upon arriving I was greeted pleasantly. I checked in and left my wife and infant daughter in the car. When I came back in with the family the gentleman activated the door and let us in, making it easy. Once inside he noticed we had an infant and said that he would send a crib up for us at no charge. We appreciated the gesture but didn't need it since we came prepared with our baby's bassinet. Besides the room being large and comfortable, the hotel itself was clean and had some really nice soft carpet throughout the hallways. In the morning we went down for the complimentary breakfast and we were pleasantly surprised at the amount of food for a continental breakfast that they had supplied. I would definitely stay here again for the price and value!

Good place

The bed was very noisy there was a hole in the carpet and the water handles for the tub fell off

Location was great, was very affordable, didnt have to pay to park, and its a nice place

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Clean, spacious room in a good location

We didn't really liked the breakfast, but then again Europeans don't really like American breakfast, so I guess the problem is ours :)

The room is clean and spacious. The bathtub is huge and the entire bathroom is also very clean. The check-in/check-out went really smooth and quick. The beds are comfy. Convenient location, close from the airport, also close to freeway. Free secured parking.

Comfortable, hassle free stay

Pretty same breakfast every day, we extended our stay, so towards the end, we needed to step out to eat. Bathrooms were old, but functional.

Central to San Jose and Santa Clara, big rooms, clean, enough parking, helpful staff at the reception, convenience store next door.

Well run establishment
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not too much I didn't like about the only thing I could think of is you don't get the covered parking you have to go a little bit further not by much but that's all I can think of

Everything everything is nice and clean there

What I liked was that the place was nice and clean and the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like that it was noisey the next morning because I could hear the construction workers playing music and being really loud and close to our windows so I ended up not enjoying my morning sleep

What I liked was that the place was nice and clean and the staff members were really nice.

VERY COMFORTABLE

THE DOORS ARE LOCKED AFTER HOURS AND YOU GET THE 3RD DEGREE COMING IN BY THE SECURITY GUARD

YES THE EGGS WHERE EXTRA FLUFFY AND THE BED WAS FLOATING IN THE CLOUDS THE MAIDS WORK REALLY HARD IN KEEPING THE ROOMS VERY CLEAN

Comfy and Great Location

The coffee had not improved from the last visit. The machine was out of order so maybe they are getting it fixed. But the coffee in the room was pretty good and there are a number of places in walking distance for a fancy coffee fix. There was a computer in the lobby and I needed to print some boarding tickets. But I would have to send them to the office which I could not do with this particular website. It is a small matter as one can easily get them at the airport. These are such minor matters compared to the overall positive experience we had at The Arena. The WiFi was slow...but it could have been our computer. It worked well enough for our rudimentary needs. Again these are small concerns. We would stay there again on my next trip.

We had stayed there the previous weekend and were very pleased. The rooms are large and comfy. The staff is very nice. The location is great. You are in walking distance of downtown San José. And the city has a free bus route which is nice. The place has an older vibe to it which I liked. The breakfast was filling and accommodated those with hardier appetites (eggs, sausage, potatoes) as well as cereals, fruits (canned) and breads (sliced and bagels). We needed to make changes in our reservation and they were quite nice about the request. The beds are comfortable and the basin area is well lit with a extendable mirror which was a nice extra. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit!

It was very pleasant and the staff were very polite and nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Cobweb in shower ceiling. Internet was slow most of the time during my stay.

Friendliness of the staff, eye contact and their smiles. Breakfast was yummy.

Everything all the way down to the price of the room

Everything was good there was nothing I didn't like ,staff are all very friendly the rooms are very clean. Well worth the money

Everything all the way down to the price of the room

Close to Center and Comfy

The coffee could be improved upon. It is a machine that offers black coffee, cappuccino, latte, hot chocolate and hot water for tea drinkers. I tried the cappuccino and it was not drinkable. The black coffee was no better. The latte was sweet but drinkable for me (but not my husband). We live in Italy so maybe we are just not used to US coffee anymore.

The Arena is very close to downtown (SAP Center and Didiron Station). The room was large and comfortable as was the bed. They have a very complete breakfast (scrambled eggs, hash browns, a variety of cereals, yoghurt, juices, bagels, canned fruit) which was very filling. We were returning in a week and the manager asked us to let him know how the room was. He said if we really liked it we could get it again for our next stay. It is a very comfortable place to stay. There was also a jacuzzi in the room but we did not have a chance to use it....maybe next visit. There is a Whole Foods almost next door and lots of places to eat within walking distance. There was also parking. The ambience was very pleasant.

It was very enjoyable, and I would stay here again.

The air conditioner made a lot of noise early in the morning.

I liked the jacuzzi in the rooms. The continental breakfast and decor of the hotel was nice too.

Great value for a stay in San Jose

The hotel was located a 7 minute walk away from public transportation. I didn't walk around the area alone at night.

The hotel is very clean, the rooms are big. The staff us super friendly and helpful! Breakfast is a big bonus.

better than expected. Area is improving.

WiFi was slow. For walking,to town center go at least to Almaden. (Safer than turning right before getting to the freeway underpass.)

Good room and great staff. The ONLY downside was somewhat slow WiFi. Had a good stay overall. Would stay again.

spacious, clean room that has all you need.

jetted bathtub was probably clean but looked dirty maybe due to age. i only used the shower so no problem but i doubt i would have sat in the tub.

spacious, clean room that has all you need...coffee maker, mini fridge, microwave, hair dryer, (weak dryer, but hey! it dried my hair!) nice front desk person. very convenient to SAP Arena and downtown.

Nicely located hotel with decently clean rooms for the purpose of our stay.

In this day and age, please vacuum the mattress seams. Even though no bed bugs were found, there was a lot of lint and debree in the seams. Please vacuum the mattresses just to give the customer peace of mind you are as diligent as you can be at keeping those pesky pests at bay. I almost asked to have it done. And the breakfast leaves a lot to be desired; eggs do not look or taste authentic, and the sausage and potatoes looked steamed.

NO bed bugs. I’m always afraid and diligently check. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet except for the AC unit from time to time but even that was ok, room was spacious and decently cleaned, very close to SAP center and parking was very easy. Bathroom was spacious too but a little on the dowdy side. For the most part a very good room.

convenieny location and clean hotel for a rasonabpe price

The room was not ready by the 3:00 check in time (no towels, no shampoo), but it is not a big deal. I appreciate these hard working housekeepers.

Large room, free parking, convenient location, close from the airport, close to freeway, many restaurants in the walking distance, whole hotel is smoke-free, free breakfast

Clean and convenient for what we needed.

Odd room configuration. It had 2 queen beds but the headboard, furniture and mirror were set up for a king bed so everything was off center. The giant jacuzzi bathtub was unnecessary and the shower head was not long enough and as a result water splashed on the edge of the tub and sprayed water all over. Overhead fan was rusted and falling off the wall. All bathroom lights, fan and jacuzzi controls were outside of the bathroom ?!? Bathrooms definitely need updating.

Very convenient location if attending an event at the arena

I was quite pleased with the hotel, the service, my room, the location, and the neighborhood.

I did my best at controling the temp/atmosphere in my room, but I still got really hot at night. I adjusted the thermostat and 'fan' but it was still not really satisfactory. I finally got the room cooled down, but really all I wanted was more air circulation. The second night was better as I left the bathroom fan on and it seemed to help. Oh yeah - the walls in the shower were not totally clean.

The eggs and sausages at breakfast were much more (and better) than I expected. The room was very nice, spacious and comfortable. The TV worked OK, not great. The extra large jacuzzi tub was nice although I only took showers. The location was pretty good: close to the train station, close to Whole Foods, and it was close to where I needed to be. I was quite pleased with the hotel, the service, the room, the location, and the neighborhood.

Over all great stay minus location of our room itself

Room faced smoking area people outside all day all night smoking right below window looking in no privacy on half the room

Jacuzzi wifi location breakfast

Good option to stay in San Jose, close to airport, train station and the downtown

Wifi is very slow.

Very good breakfast, fridge and microwave in the room, walkable distance to the downtown (~15-20 min). The Caltrain station is nearby, which can be used to ride to other cities in the Valley or to San Francisco (about 1.5 hrs). Also, a few bus routes to go to Palo Alto or Santa Clara when necessary. Everything feels convenient, that is probably the right word here.

Staff was friendly close to sap center.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pillows too hard. Toilets clogged easily . Not any vegan choices at breakfast no fresh fruit or anything. Coffee was gross.

Staff was friendly close to sap center. Close to Whole Foods. Close to coffee shop decent size room.

Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful with dining suggestions

The room was a little dated but not to the extent it would keep me from coming back

Location to SAP Arena was great. Really great restaurants/bars just a short walk away.

Jacuzzi tub is amazing.

The bed isn't the best but also not the worse

Jacuzzi tub is amazing. SAPP Center is walking distance away. Parking is nice and easy there. Also close to downtown area.

The room & location was perfect! Great hotel! Friendly staff.

The only thing that bothered me was the strong smell of urine outside the hotel lobby, in the parking lot of the hotel, and along the walk way

I liked that although the arena hotel is an old hotel the rooms themselves are all newly remodeled and very nice! Very great location for going to the SAP center for the sharks hockey game, walking distance :) and great parking

Not worth the price at all.

Price, amenities, need more blankets, much better coffee.

Bathroom very old, tub broken and tiles cracked. Not even a clock in the room for which I payed $256 for one person! Stupid me!! Breakfast just ok... a coffee machine that made sickening latte and just ok black coffee. Real butter though.

Perfect location, close to everything.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The air conditioner in the room hardly blew out any air or heat and it looks like the filter on it had not been cleaned in a month or so. But the rest of the room was very clean

Loved how close it was to the SAP center. I'll defiantly be staying here again if I go to an event there. The beds were firm but not too firm, got a good nights sleep however the room will never get completely dark since the window has shutters on it but it did keep out most of the light. I also LOVED the jacuzzi tub! I didn't even know there would be one in the room!

Friendly and helpful staff at reception.

The jacuzzi bathtub into room looked not clean, and was not functional.

Friendly and helpful staff at reception. Free breakfast was simple but ok quality. Close to the Diridon station, so convenient that I took CalTrain from SFO to it at < $14 cost, and took light rail to go to convention center. Wholefood supermarket is just aside. Many lights in the room!

I really liked the location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Could have had real blankets on the beds. Just a couple of sheets and a wool like thin blanket...was a bit cold during the night which prompted me to get up and turn up the heater in the room.

The room was clean and breakfast was a nice thing to have.

Cozy hotel with everything you need. We will be back.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room had a spacious jacuzzi tub, but it did not work.

Breakfast buffet was great. They had a variety of options. Room was comfortable and spacious. Our room had a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Parking was nice. Location was a few minutes walking distance to SAP Center, CVS, Whole Foods, and a few restaurants.

average

Older hotel, gross hot tub in bathroom, sign falling off hotel room door.

Older hotel, bathroom had large hot tub, old and gross looking . Breakfast in the morning was good.

noisy noisy noisy

It was too noisy at night! People running upstairs, talking next door. And the water fountain near the entrance is right below our room which is so noisy during the night. Did i mention the air conditioner? OMG I have never seen an older and more noisy one. Stay up the whole night because of this!! This hotel need renovation. Definitely.

Free breakfast.

Convenient location.

Very, very noisy. Poor sound insulation Hard to sleep. People partying returning from SAP center events. Loud residents and families in the hallways. Cab drivers in the courtyard. Constant noise.

Convenient location. Good neighborhood with local shopping.

Very enjoyable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel needs a makeover as it is a bit tired looking . Pastries at breakfast would have been nice as well.

Beds were comfortable and rooms were large. Very close to SAP Center and CALtrain. Local brewery, CVS and Whole Foods were very convenient as well.

Great place to stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great place to stay. Very friendly staff. Will come again. Clean. Nice breakfast. Wintertime...Only 1 very thin blanket for the bed. No extra blankets in closet.

Adequate property for location and price.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Facility was a bit dated and worn out. Not exactly unexpected for the location. Could be time for a facelift.

Location was adequate with plenty of free parking. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was a bonus.

Bring your sleeping pills

Horrible nights sleep! Air and refrigerator were very loud! Neighbors shower sounded like it was in my room, loud leaf blower next door started at 630 am. Bed was hard, sheets are stiff. Ok if you come stumbling In drunk from a concert, but not suitable for a business trip. This hotel needs an overhaul inside and out! Would not even put my private parts anywhere near the jetted tub that I’m positive isn’t serviced regularly. No time for foliculitus this trip 🤢.

Close to where I needed to be the next morning. Whole Foods within walking distance.

It was very good, especially for the cost and the closeness to the SAP Center.

The walls are pretty thin so it's easy to hear people moving around, watching TV, etc. However, I just used a sound machine app when I went to sleep and that helped to cover the noises.

The staff were all really friendly and helpful. I loved that it was so close to the SAP Center. Very easy to walk there.

Loved Bedroom, Parking Area and Location, but not the Breakfast

Even for American Standard - as a European - I was not satisfied by the breakfast

Bedroom, Parking Area and Location of the Hotel are great, Downtown San Jose ist just a short walk away - or 2 minutes with a car.

It was very comfortable,the staff was amazing and definitely it was well worth the price.This hotel is on my top3 in San Jose....great job Arena Hotel

Really conflicted about whether I'd stay here again. Only the location saves it.

Where to start? The walls are thin, so hope that you have considerate neighbors. We didn't- the guy next door had his bathroom fan on all night long and it was loud coming through the wall. When I mentioned it the next day to the second night manager, she was practically belligerent in dealing with me- however, the fan wasn't running the next night, so she must have said something. The free continental breakfast was the single. worst. free. breakfast I've ever had. So obviously concocted from frozen bags of stuff and cans. I mean, even the fruit was canned fruit, absolutely swimming in canning syrup. Only the coffee was decent, but that's because it was mixed and dispensed by a machine. We didn't even eat there the third and fourth mornings because we just plain couldn't face it. And then finally, the hotel is run down- the rooms have had some redecorating but the bathrooms desperately need updating; they are still sporting jacuzzi tubs and ancient (read: noisy and long-filling) toilets that both use a lot of water in a state with a history of long and bad droughts. For shame. The lobby was laughably dated and sooo eighties I was sorry I wasn't wearing my big hair and a Flashdance outfit. The hotel makes a point of lauding their freebies- some of which are the toiletries, which, last I checked, EVERY hotel has, except with the Arena, they are all different brands, none of which I'd heard of- I was skeptical of the hand and body lotion with the proud label "Ambrosia", which stank as bad as I expected it to- the hand and body soap felt like I was washing up with Lava, and the fact that it stripped all the oils from my hands didn't improve my assessment. I was glad we had a CVS right next door so I could replace the toiletries, which I did. Next time I am not counting on acceptable quality from hotel toiletries and will pack mine.

Can't say enough good things about the location, though- on the same block with a Whole Foods, across a parking lot from a cvs Pharmacy, across Stockton St from the sap Arena, easy access to the freeway, and easy access to another shopping center, as well as on a street that's busy gentrifying with new cafes, coffee shops and bakeries. They also have their own parking lot, which is really helpful.

Good stay, whole foods nearby, and lots of other places too eat near by.

Hear a lot from hallway,All rooms have Jacuzzi/showers(I am a shower person,don't like stewing in other people's juices).

There is a breakfast served. A coffee machine(coffee,cappuccinos, hot water for tea(bags Lipton) cereal,sausages,bacon(rarely),and other fair. Cable/dish is good(HBO,TOON,discovery,history,FX. Coffee maker(small)in room,microwave,and frig(dorm type).

It was frustrating to find to find access due to the street being blocked off, other it was ok

It was impossible to get in due to City event all streets were blocked, I had no idea how to come in from the back entrance. No one called me to tell me in advance of the issue or to direct me to the alternative route., Took me a hour to figure it out on my own

Value friendly Hotel next door to Whole foods in a up and coming downtown San Jose district.

Price price price. even though hotel facilities are a little dated your hotel is a value relatively speaking.

All was good with the exception of very loud group or groups of people outside hallway at 3 AM. Breakfast could be improved by getting rid of those stuffed Pancake/crepe things they are very mushy at the begging of service and add some fresh fruit. also you are not cooking your sausage long enough same goes for your country potatoes both days the were hard and not crisping at all.

Really liked the location. Wish I had more time to make use of nearby attractions.

The location was perfect. The staff were helpful. The bathtub was amusing. Had all I needed in the room, which is not always the case. I appreciate a reasonably priced quiet clean place to hang my hat.

We wanted something safe and within walking distance from...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had to leave before breakfast started in the morning - would have liked breakfast available before 7am.

We wanted something safe and within walking distance from SAP Center - the hotel was so close! It was great!

GOOD

The Arena Hotel is my favorite place to stay in San Jose I especially like the in room Jacuzzi tubs and I always get a clean room friendly service I have stayed here off and on for a few years now and will continue to stay here in the future . And I know San Jose I am a native born at San Jose Hospital 1962 (55 years) and lived here my entire life.

It's was a good experience, better than other places.

I would of liked softens pillows and a couple of more blankets.

The room was very clean and had all needs. The only thing/ the pillows were not so soft. But, we enjoyed the room.

This place was great for a quick over night stay. Very clean, great staff and decent breakfast too.

Some construction was being done during my stay. Though it didn’t bother me any, they started working early in the morning

Very nice place!! Close to downtown, great service and clean rooms. Will definitely stay here again

It's not that bad..
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Elevator is too old, When you walk from outside going to the front door entrance, it's too dark and It smells pee.... They need to disinfect that area.. It's like homeless people peeing on the walls. Don't book a room nearby the laundry... people's noise will bother you.

Breakfast is great. The hotel has a Victorian character. Lino the front desk guy on night duty was very nice. The room assigned to us is nice and clean.

Like the place but it need 3work on guess relationship.

Staff that was in front lobby should be more friendly their PR need work. They should recognize guess be more friendly & say hello or Good morning. Bathtub wasn’t cleaned properly. Soap scums around the rims on tub.

The appearances of lobby was beautiful & very welcoming!

Hotel was very nice with a good breakfast and friendly and...

Construction is old so walls were paper thin. If you are a light sleeper, a pair of earplugs are good.

Hotel was very nice with a good breakfast and friendly and helpful staff.

Room decor was nice.

Jacuzzi tub didn't work. Manager was very responsive to the issue though.

Room decor was nice. Site was nice. Location was great. Breakfast had a lot of choices!

Disappointed

Very disappointed. Room felt sterile not inviting. No carpet in the room. Very small flat screen tv which looked strange handing on a large white wall. The jacuzzi tubs require you to be able to step over approx 3 ft. I have a bad knee and this was very painful. Front desk clerk said I should have requested handicapped room. Didn’t realize this when booking or I would have. They only have one handicapped room. Place felt old and dated.

comfortable and feel's good

well, personally, i like much more chinese food, if there's chinese food supply, that would be great for our trip. but there are potatoes, i ate a lot of it, for a chinese, i really not favor in the expensive and not that tasty's food

bed if comfortable, water is nice, and the breakfast we got potatoes which is my favorite. people here are nice and heart warmly.

Convenient and reasonable

Loud airconditioning on a hot night.

Very convenient walking distance to SAP Center. Pleasant staff. Safe and easy parking downtown. Reasonable price for downtown San Jose.

Great deal, comfortable stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The over all design was a little dated .

Great location right near Whole foods and a CVS. The street is up and coming with coffee houses and cool shops

Good place to stay near SAP Arena and downtown San Jose.

The room was large and had a chair and lamp for reading as well as a desk with a chair. The location was perfect if you have plans in the SAP Arena area. The only minus was that you could hear other visitors in the hall.

The location was awesome... super close to the Shark Tank.

The walls were super thin and they were vacuuming throughout the day right outside our door. But the walls were so thin that we could hear the kids next door all throughout the day which made our romantic stay a little less romantic. And the pillows were very hard, but bed was very comfortable.

The jacuzzi tub was especially nice.

Close to SAP Center so perfect for watching the Sharks game.

It's kinda old. The fixtures and fittings must be over 20 years old. The Jacuzzi tub was very well worn and the shower didn't really generate that much pressure. The fridge was also super loud.

Close to SAP Center so perfect for watching the Sharks game. Bed was nice and big and comfortable. Room size was cool, plenty of room for me to work at one desk and eat at another table.

Great hotel near downtown with reasonable price.

We stayed in a Deluxe King Room. The hotel and room are old but clean. The location is great and near the downtown (10-minute walk to the SAP Center) . WiFi is OK. Free breakfast is acceptable. We did stay at this hotel 2 years ago and have decided to come back again because of its price. and perfect location

the staff was very nice and polite.

i didnt like the fact that when we got there, their was construction going on next door. also it looked like the building was going to collapse.

the staff was very nice and polite. let me check in before my actual check in time.

meh!

The hotel was conveniently located in a very nice area in San Jose. However, we were disappointed with their slow WiFi, variety of TV channels, and breakfast options. We brought our own breakfast daily as their options were frozen/microwave crap that was simply disgusting. We only used their coffee and yogurt.

Location & Staff

Good for a short stopover

Breakfast was included in the price but was poor. Would rather have paid a bit less and taken breakfast elsewhere

Good location for the railway station, helpful staff and good sized room with good facilities