Reviews of Arizona Biltmore A Waldorf Astoria Resort 5 stars

2400 East Missouri Avenue, Camelback East, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA

#31 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

• Resort Room with King Bed

I didn’t like how far the parking was from my room and I didn’t like the fact that I If I didn’t choose valet I had to pay for parking

The room was nice and clean and the pools were nice

• King Cottage

The shower door didn't close properly and the toilet got clogged. The food at the pool was different from room service. For example the chicken strips were awesome with room service but by the pool it was very different. I also felt that $28 to valet park was very expensive and that if I am paying over $400 to stay per night it should include valet park and the $28 dollar stay fee per night should also be included.

It was quite and relaxing

• Classic King Room

There was an event on the first night with a really loud band playing til 11pm right under our room. Not great when we arrived exhausted and wanting to sleep before work the next day!

Comfy bed and good facilities, lovely grounds, friendly staff and great range of food options.

• Classic King Room

My husband and I were looking forward to a night away but there was a conference going on during our stay. I don't think I would stay there again.

Room was clean.

• Classic King Room

We had a garden view room but most iof our view was rooftop and one tree. For the money we were paying I thought the room was a bit on the small side and poorly located.

Beautiful grounds extremely friendly and accommodating staff throughout all areas of the hotel

I cannot imagine improvement

There’s just a certain understated elegance about the Arizona Biltmore. It forces you to relax bask in the beautiful surroundings . Almost every president even Truman have stayed there and of course there’s the indelible thumb print of Frank Lloyd Wright all over the property

• King Cottage

3PM check in was not ready until 4:30PM Old Popcorn found under a made bedsheet upon checkin Refrigerator not working upon arrival Phone not working upon arrival Bellman not friendly Staff constantly walking across our patio the entire stay Small shower

• Queen Club Room with Two Queen Beds

Although things were wiped down, vacuumed and appeared clean on the surface, one of the pillows in my bed had short black hairs stuck to it...I have long dark blonde hair. The sheets also had some makeup stains on them, but sheets seemed to be clean.

Tim in the Ocatilla lounge was incredibly helpful with the lounge and gave some great advice on where to dine in the evening. Priscilla in the bar was fun, personable and on point with her drink service.

• King Cottage

The food at the hotel was average and could be improved.

The great facilities, the gardens, the historic feel of the resort. We also enjoyed the friendly and efficient staff, the buzzy atmosphere of the hotel. The cottage room was very comfortable and the outdoor space with its fire was great.

choices of where to stay on the Biltmore Property. I have stayed in the main hotel and on the grounds of the Biltmore. It is nice to walk around the grounds of the Biltmore. The lights were beautiful for Christmas and the FLR Sprites and history are fun.

• Classic King Room

Bed was a little too soft, and had a dip where people have slept. Was OK, but not what I expected. Self parking was a little ways away. Didn't have a chance to see the grounds.

• King Club Room

Service in Frankie and Albert's restaurant was less then expected during lunch on two days. Inability to reserve high tea at either Fri or Sat. seatings---claim sold out but plenty of seating when we would pass by!! We were staying in hotel 4 nights but they obviously don't give guests priority. Believe the hostess(es) were less than capable of addressing the issue!!

Attractive property, helpful staff for most part, room size and comfort, quiet, Ocatillo lounge was perfect for continental breakfast,drinks and hors d'ouevres.

• King Cottage

One night doors kept slamming all evening. Think that they were setting up for a morning event...very loud and annoying.

Location is excellent. Staff is wonderful

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

Restaurant and bar prices were high.

Architecturally and artistically beautiful place. Ambience was fabulous, rooms perfect in every way. Fabulous stay.

• Classic King Room

Poolside movie went past 9 p.m. and we are early risers. That is the only thing we didn't like.

The staff was very friendly and the accommodations were amazing! Communication via text message was easy and made it easier for us to keep in contact with staff. Frank & Alberts had great food with a casual feel. We want to go back again next summer.

• Classic King Room

During the time we were there major renovation work was happening, so a large portion of the resort was closed. This was dissapointing and we didn't know this until we arrived and checked in. Since it was over the 4th of July kids were everywhere. If we hadn't gotten the section with its own pool, it would have been a bit much at the main pool.

Overall the property and hotel is beautiful. The food is delicious and service was good. We'd go back for sure. We stayed in a section that had its own pool so it was quiet and more private.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

As mentioned, we have stayed at the Biltmore many times and have had great experiences, however, this time was a very poor experience and although we had prepaid for 5 nights we left after the first night and went to a different hotel. First, the hotel was under renovation and this was not mentioned online when we booked our room. We were put in a building far away from the lobby, restaurant, etc., and my husband recently had surgery and this made it difficult. In addition, our car was far away also. Our room was not up to the standards we were used to at the Biltmore. Our carpet was wet by the sliding glass door and the room had a distinct odor due to the wet carpet. Our "patio" that we paid extra to have had a high wall and was adjacent to a street that was behind the building we were in. No view what-so-ever, just a patio with a high concrete wall.

I have stayed at the Biltmore many times and always had a great experience, however, this time was very different.

• Resort Room with Two Queen Beds

Accommodations and grounds were excellent but the staff was above that. Unfortunately the main lobby was under renovation. I would have liked to see it in all it's glory. I guess next visit.

• Classic King Room

The place is very expensive. My 2 year old and I ate there and each meal was well over $100.00. I was under the impression I signed up for all inclusive stay but that was another $125.00. The front desk told me I would enjoy another deal for $60.00 a night and it ended up being for adults. All you could drink and crackers and cheese. They also told me my original room was not available so they upgraded me to a bigger room. Not sure if it was bigger but my balcony had a view of a big concrete wall. Not to much of an upgrade if you ask me.

The staff was very nice, food was good.

• Queen Club Room with Two Queen Beds

We drove 6 hours to here and were told to wait for the transportation to our room after we checked in. We waited 40 minutes, kids were all exhausted and wanted to sleep but the valets sent two groups of people who came after us to their rooms first. In the morning we were knocked on the door twice at 8 am & 10 am asking us when are we gonna check out. I can't believe a Waldorf resort, a 5 stars hotel, would neglect their customers' hotel experiences and make their customers' stay a disturbing and exhausting experience due to the facts they did not care their customers' feelings at all.

Check in was very fast and the check in staff was very friendly.

• Classic King Room

The food was expensive and only 1 restaurant.

It was so luxurious. Beautiful grounds, great room, the pools were amazing. It felt like we were the only ones there--very relaxing. It was all around awesome!

• Classic King Room

The elevator seemed to be not working at the Terrace building. Also, since we stayed during a heat wave, it was hard to move between the separated buildings during the day, especially if we were walking all the way to the parking garage. It would have been nice if they opened the slide earlier in the day. We also really liked the breakfast buffet, but because there was low occupancy during a part of our stay they didn't open it up, and that was disappointing since we couldn't control how many people were staying, but still expected the same amenities.

The rooms were extremely clean, comfortable, and provided great views of the mountains behind the resort. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly and were very attentive to our needs. I liked that we could text the front desk for assistance, though they were sometimes slow to respond. The on-site restaurant is excellent and is good for families or couples. There were many on-site activities and amenities, including an amazing Paradise Pool and slide, which made us not want to leave the property during our stay.

• Classic King Room

was upset to find the resturants were under construction, and there was only one place to eat on the property. this was not told to us when we booked or when we showed up to check in. we found out by trying to make reservations. for a company like the Waldorf, this was completely unacceptable, and they should have comped our food or something while we were there.

it is a beautiful place , in a beautiful location

• King Cottage

The spiders in the shower (I found 2 :) ) and the outdoor patio area could have been cleaner. The table was quite dirty.

Loved the little cottage on the grounds, it was spacious and had a lovely outdoor patio which was very private and pretty

• Classic King Room

Were not told about the parking gaurage and to use our room key to avoid charges. They did credit us back but would have been nice to know. Room key was not set for the gaurage either and was not set for the Hilton Honors lounge even though we are members. Difficult finding our room from the parking gaurage "was told the easiest way is the back way". There are no clear signs as where to go. Several other guests were also lost - AZ temp 115 not a time to be wandering around looking for your room

The grounds were amazing. Close to a lot of shopping and dinning.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

The hotel was lovely but not a good fit for a 18 year birthday celebration. If I was not with the group they were questioned and had to provide a room number and building name. I shared at the front desk we were celebrating my daughter's 18 birthday and had enough rooms to accommodate us. I appreciate the security. I would not be back with teenagers again, maybe a couples get away.

It was beautiful.

• Resort Room with Two Queen Beds

Our only disappointment was with housekeeping. After two calls in to make up our room, it was finally graciously handled by the concierge who put an immediate call into housekeeping. It was taken care of to our satisfaction.

The majority of the staff was excellent, especially the valet parking and on grounds clothing attendants. Grounds are beautiful and well kept. We loved our room which was a double queen looking out towards the garden area.

• Classic King Room

The cafe prices were just too expensive. For example an espresso and a croissant 12 dollars.The restaurants inside the hotel and room service were very expensive as well. I ended up spending a lot more than I expected. I didn't like/expect to pay a resort charge every day on top of what I already paid for the hotel. The total bill for 5 nights was outrageous and not good value for money. I understand it's a legendary hotel in Phoenix but the prices are abusive. I wish I was told earlier there was a free shuttle to the mall every hour. I would have eaten outside the hotel a lot more.

Good and spacious rooms, nice pool area with a slide for kids, the pool bar was good, good drinks, food and service. I enjoyed the history tour around the hotel.

• King Cottage

I had to move rooms for reasons out of my control. They moved me into a lesser value room and needed management to approve lowering my daily rate to reflect the change. There should be one adult only pool. There are 5 pools.

It's a stunning architectural landmark

• Classic King Room

There should be glasses in the bathroom and for the mini bar. There were only two tall water glasses available.

The Biltmore has an elegant but relaxed atmosphere . The grounds are so beautiful to see and to walk around. It was nice to have a shuttle to the shopping center. The restaurants and bars are outstanding. Service was perfect.

• Classic King Room

Restaurant food was awful. Not seasoned enough for southerners.

Staff was very polite. Great fitness room. Great courtyard area and good place to relax.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Classic King Room

A fascinating hotel in which to spend time learning about its extraordinary history. It is a legendary institution in Phoenix and it lived up to its reputation for us. We only had one night but we were not disappointed. The food in the dining room was excellent and the service likewise.

• Classic King Room

The resort was crowded, overflowing with children and there were nowhere near enough staff to accommodate the guests. Requests for pillows took over 4 hours to fulfill due to inadequate staffing. Tables left covered with trash all around the resort were left uncleared for hours. There are rules that are simply ignored and unenforced, e.g., no saving chaise lounges (chairs was saved early in the morning, leaving guests who came down later with absolutely nowhere to sit); no smoking resort (guests smoked on their verandas and smoke simply wafted over the pool areas); no unaccompanied minors (little kids were everywhere without adults to be seen). Why is there no pool restricted to adults-only? Kids wearing diapers were in the pools. Does the resort not realize how unsanitary that is??? There was no escape from the madness!

The rooms were first-rate and luxurious. The price was quite reasonable.

• Classic King Room

The hotel was swarming with NCAA folks, to the point where the lobby sounded like a magpie convention. It would have been much better if the hotel alerted other guests BEFORE check in, or offered some quieter corners.

Very relaxing grounds

• Classic King Room

The front desk was horrible. We booked one room directly with the hotel.we booked a second room with booking .com for my kids the second day. Went to the front desk at noon. After 45 minutes the clerk said he found us a second room in the same building it was being cleaned. Texted and called 5 times from 2-5 kept telling me room was not ready . At 5:30 Finally told me room was ready( way after promised check in time. They gave away our room in the same building as our other room and put them in another building across the property with the wrong bed configuration. I think they did this cause it was a discounted room . We complained loudly they finally found us a room in the same building at 6 pm .no discount was given. The room wasn't cleaned all the way there were dirty socks left and no robes . We were treated very poorly for a 5 star resort. Also the gave us coffee but no coffee cups both days had to call to get them. The toilets are so low they are made for children. In the afternoon they were out of towels at the pool. I tried to open an umbrella at the pool the staff said it was broken but they put it there cause they had no where else to put it it was one of the most expensive hotels we have stayed at but horrible service

Beautiful property, lots of pools to choose from, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Classic King Room

Very expensive for the room.

We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The hotel sent us chocolates and champagne. Very, very thoughtful and much appreciated. Also the waitress at the restaurant was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Queen Room with Garden View

For a nominal fee, a lounge area in our building provided simple refreshments throughout the day. There was a nightly bonfire, newspapers in the morning with fresh coffee and continental breakfast in a beautiful setting.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Could not stay longer 😢

Well kept grounds, mature trees, open spaces, various options for relaxing; pool(s), lounge chairs throughout the grounds, various seating styles, music, great food.....

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• King Cottage

Photos on booking.com were misleading. We booked a king cottage and he photo showed a fireplace in the room with what looked like a living area. The room was extremely small, no seating other than the bed, and no fireplace. We were ready to leave and find a different property but the front desk (Gessica) was determined to keep us there and happy. We got an upgraded room that we were very happy with.

Staff was amazing and helped work out a room issue to our satisfaction. Everyone was very helpful and friendly but special kudos go to Gessica at the front desk!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Classic King Room

The spa needs to be renovated - it's from the 80's and very dated. The housekeeping staff is a bit off the mark and not always detail oriented.

Love the history of the property. The cottages and grounds are excellent. The staff is on the whole wonderful and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Classic King Room

Spa didn't feel luxurious at all. The prices are high and staff skilful but amenities on par with a random mall shop not of a 5* facility

We felt like valuable guests at Biltmore

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Classic King Room

AC not so much. Blowing right on top of us. Wifi non existent. Manager had us call to report it. Another country. Not my job to fix it. Complete waste of my time. Then I get an email after we have left saying they will check into it for us. Yeah thanks for that. High end hotels take responsibility for their failure

Beautiful place. Bed was great.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Classic King Room

Paid Parking? what's up with that, and you have to "walk a mile" to get to the cottage.

Front desk staff could not have been more helpful. For reasons not at the hotels fault I had to change cottage and they did it very cheerfully!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Classic King Room

The door to the water closet was heavy and closed automatically, my finger was bruised by the automatic closing of the door on my hand.

The Classic Room was beautiful, bed was comfy and the bathroom ammenities perfect.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Classic King Room

Bugs everywhere, room and the bed smells like somebody died in it. Staff just ignored me when inwas asking for another room!

Nothing!!! Everything was horrible! Its not a 5 Star Waldorf Astoria! Its not even as clean as an 8Ball Motel!

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our bathroom was not clean. Toilet had water spots on the seat and stains in the bowl. Gross, Our bathroom door was very dirty. Brown hand prints and some drip marks of something dirty looking. I wiped it down with some wipes I had brought and it turned them dark brown.

Service was incredible! My 2 little girls were treated like princesses. Our bell boy, Joe, brought them a basket FULL of treats! Room service was terrific. Couldn't be more pleased with the staff!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Resort Room with King Bed

I dealt with three people for checking in and out. All three had attitudes that they were doing me a favor by checking us in. In the end we were given a room at the far end of the hotel, across from the service area. According to Booking.com check-in is at 3:00 - at the desk they indicated that check-in is at 4:00. Check-out is at 12:00. CHECK YOUR BILL AT CHECK-OUT! On Booking.com we were given a price of $209. Upon receipt of the bill we were charged $336! We were charged for having a pet (didn't bring one), as well as a self-parking fee (which they had previously waived). In addition, there were three lodging taxes, and resort charges. After speaking to the check-out the charges were reduced to $267.

The room itself was nice. The architecture is beautiful and the property is well maintained.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Resort Room with King Bed

Understaffed pools. Took 15 minutes just to get towels at the main pool (with only one person ahead of us), and once we had those, we realized there were no shaded chairs available. We ended up going to the Ocotilla pool, where you had to get your own drinks. Also, the in-room menus say they will accommodate gluten free orders, but when you call to ask what's gluten free, no one knows. I also called ahead of time and was told self parking was free. At check out, I was still charged 12.00 for parking and told self parking was not free.

Great bed, super clean room, beautiful property.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Classic King Room

room was not clean when we got there. was told by staff to go to bar and we will give you 30.00. didn't happen.toldthem we didn't drink can we spend it in the store there yes! didn't happen.they never called usto tell usthe room was clean. got back to room to find they left some of the stuff in shower!! WILL NEVER GO BACK! and also fell in the pool on steps!! nightmare weekend!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Classic King Room

For those persons doing the internet checkout who also are parked in the parking garage, there needs to be clearer instructions how to exit that parking garage because the internet checkout specifies the traveler to leave their room key in the room when they leave. That key is needed to exit the garage. The instruction might be as simple as leave the room key in the garage and press the blue intercom button at the garage exit to alert staff that the parking gate needs to be opened to allow you to exit.

I have always wanted to visit the Arizona Biltmore because of its connection to Frank Lloyd Wright, and my stay at the Biltmoredid not disappoint.

• Classic King Room

Self Parking is very far from check in No towels or f & b service at any pools other than the main pool

Rooms are gorgeous and well appointed Tons of storage and seating Grounds are beautifully maintained Friendly staff Grab & Go Café is helpful for coffee and pastry

• Classic King Room

the room next to us was very noisy and tried to have hotel contact them to no success Very Plane Jane Not even coffee in the room Bare minimum What is the resort fee for??? Money grab is it.

nice room comfortable

• Classic King Room

Parking.. Charged for it when told I would not be. It was not clear at check in.

Price for the room. Activities at night at pool the movie night. The gym facilities awesome. Was also charged initially for cancellation of spa. They reversed charged only after extensive phone calls.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Classic King Room

They apparently let the locals in to swim , and there was no parking after returning from a late dinner off property

They upgraded us to a beautiful spacious Villa we requested early check in and got it!

• Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The lady at the checkin took the time to find us the closest room to our son. The location was between two pools. It was perfect

• King Cottage

Charge for every little thing including $5.50 per bottle of water. You need to stay hydrated in the dessert!

History

Parking too faraway

Nice rooms, pools and gardens.

• Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Amazing experience. We did not want to leave. Beautiful room and bathroom, magnificent grounds and pools.

• Classic Queen Room

Facilities were gorgeous and the staff was welcoming.

expensive & moderate taste breakfast .. property is old

Peoples, staffs, ambience , everythings feel great ..

• Premier King Room

Quiet and comfortable

• Classic King Room

How far was our room from the swimming pool and main building

Architecture, Facilities and Rooms

• Classic King Room

the lush tropical setting in the desert

• Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Too crowded at pool; hard to get chairs; people putting towels down and leaving. Chair reservation process was not well managed by the hotel.

• Classic King Room

This is the kinda resort that's worth staying

• Resort Room with King Bed

Room was dirty when arrived, was upgraded to another room.

• Classic King Room

Didn't like the daily fees and charge for parking Valet and non valet.....

• Resort Room with Two Queen Beds

Beautiful grounds! Great pools! Comfortable rooms!

• Classic King Room

It's a long walk to and from the self-park facility.

Everything during our stay was fantastic.

• Premier King Room

The staff was great nd so accomadating.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

The spa services were amazing but the spa itself is old and needs renovation.

• Queen Club Room with Two Queen Beds

Overpriced for what it is.

Staying at the clubhouse was great because of the complimentary drinks and snacks plus private pool with a bar.

• Classic King Room

When I arrived they only had one room reserved and on my booking confirmation it showed that I reserved 2 rooms

• Queen Club Room with Two Queen Beds

Upgrades provided a luxury stay!

• Resort Room with Two Queen Beds

We loved everything Staff were so accommodating and very friendly.