Reviews of Arizona Charlie's Decatur 3 stars

740 South Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89107, USA

#161 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

• Klondike Standard Room

The rooms where vary nice

The water pressure in the shower was very low made it very hard to take shower feet and with horrible death adders in a Charlie's

• Klondike Standard Room

When we went down to the casino it was completely the opposite, both of the waitresses we tried to ask for help were extremely rude; I do not understand how the housekeepers have such a great attitude and the waitresses are so mean; I thought about reporting them but we simply decided to go to another casino instead; hope management could see how a disrespectful employee can send customers away... Will definitely go back to the hotel and would recommend it but will stay away from the rudeness of the waitresses at the casino

Room was clean and very comfortable, I simply loved that when we walked out of the elevator there were a couple of housekeeping people in the hallway and one of them gave us a great smile and said "Welcome" it felt really good definitely.....Too bad I could not get his name but that definitely made us feel important

• Klondike Standard Room

It would be nice to have a check in option that's not inside the casino so you can avoid the smoke. The check in staff was not particularly friendly and between them and the cigarette stench I was dreading the stay upon arrival.

Once we got to the room everything was nice. It was clean and comfortable and I was surprised it didn't smell like cigarettes for how bad the smell was when coming in.

• Klondike Standard Room

The room is smoke free zone. So the whole room smelled like cigarette! I couldn’t open the windows to get the smell out. Room was absolutely nothing like the pictures on the website.

Far enough but close enough of a drive to get to the strip.

• Klondike Standard Room

Booked smoking room 3 mos ago. Did not tell me at check in that they didn't have one. Discovered when walked into room. Could not guarantee one for rest of 5 nite stay. Checked out in am.

It was exactly where I wanted to be.

• Klondike Standard Room

I did like that the hotel was only 15 minutes from the strip, I love that it was everything in that area I didn’t have to drive far for food or gas.

The front desk associate Gabriel was not very helpful and seem not to care about the customer at all. I was very disappointed by his customer service skills.

It was perfect!

Upon arriving, I was greeted right away with a smiling employee which made all the difference.... My late check out wasn't a problem, nor a nuisance. through booking.com was the best

• Klondike Standard Room

Lot of traffic noise from our 2nd fl room. Asked nicely for 1hr late checkout and staff made zero effort to help us.

Clean room, lots of parking, convenient location.

• Klondike Standard Room

Just a ways away from my event I was participating in which made it harder to get to they do have another Arizona Charlie’s that was closer I just didn’t know the area

The bed was perfect the pillows nice and comfortable I loved the bathtub they kept the room well stocked they had a reasonable price restaurant a subway sandwich shop with good prices and chicken wings and pizza

• Klondike Standard Room

The staffs attitudes wasnt pleasant the bathroom wasnt operating when i check-in plumber had to fix it took roughly an 1 hour for them to arrive

The price

• Klondike Standard Room

Charged a resort fee of $10 each day and location and amenities doesn't have amenities that qualify it as a resort!

A good location to where I was doing business how do you get

• Klondike Standard Room

My only challenge was the cigarette smoke on the casino floor. It was so overwhelming during the time I stayed there, even when I was not around a smoker. I stayed on the 6th floor, I think room 4617, and it seemed like it smelled like cigarette smoke walking in and I ruled out it being on my cloths.

Great , great staff. Everyone working here wants to make sure you are having a good time. I was out of practice with craps and blackjack. The dealers were more than willing to make suggestions that made me feel comfortable getting back into the swing of things.

• Klondike Standard Room

Just this random guy asking for 5 $ for a old hat and and loking at my jewelry and after i said no he ask me for 2$ and again i said no and sit nex to me and ask for 1$ i finish playing and left to other machine and from far away he was looking to me i went to look for security but nothing so i left to my room for 30 mins and left to another casino i was lil scare about it but wen i went back he was gone

I like everything

• Klondike Standard Room

I stayed in a smoking area room. I do not like to smoke inside my room. But, next door room guests were smoking and the smoke was coming under the door that is inside the room. Should have some kind of sealer that does not let the smoke go through the other room.

Staff was very friendly and the room was very clean.

• Klondike Standard Room

SMOKE. Room was REALLY Smoky smelling. Gave me a headache all night. And they even ran a smoke eliminator for 30 minutes and it didn't change the smell at all. Sheets had cigarette burns in them too.

Price was ok

• Klondike Standard Room

I hated the room. The tv was so small. There was a guest for 12 hours snoring so loud it sounded like he was sleeping in bed with me. The shower was horrible. The water pressure didnt exsist.

I liked the security measures in order to get on the elevator. You had to have a room key.

• Klondike Standard Room

Had to fight for parking with the non-guest gamblers. The room next door seemed to have a business going because the headboard kept banging on our wall at all hours of the night with short breaks in between. Had to walk thru part of the smoky casino to get to the elevators.

It was a nice place to stay. We attended a basketball tournament for our grandson and it fit our needs. The water was hot right now and service was good to excellent. The location fit our needs as well. Had to use room key to call elevator; nice for security.

• Klondike Standard Room

Once we got into our room. My 8 year old daughter found a hypodermic needle in the couch. Which the manager could of cared less about. He offered me a $20 coupon to macaroni grill. We also requested two queen beds on booking.com but once in the room it was only one king bed. I would never recommend Arizona Charles for anyone to stay at. Worst experience with a hotel/casino ever.

The person who checked us in was great.

• Klondike Standard Room

Hard to get to and from The Strip.

Average hotel room. Nice to have a fridge and microwave. Staff was very friendly, especially in the restaurant . Smoke free floor.

• Klondike Standard Room

Room was non smoking and felt like someone was just in there currently smoking. I had a family emergency and I had to check out early to fly home. They refunded me the extra two days I did not stay, however, I still have a pending charge that locked some funds up for over $500

Bed was nice.

• Klondike Standard Room

The room was old....air was on 84 degrees when we walked in....not very well maintained....the lobby is a casino and it smells on cigarette smoke....

It was close to the places where we needed to be...

• Klondike Standard Room

The beds were comfortable and I liked having a mini fridge helpful when traveling with foods and kids and was pleasantly surprised with the charging outlet on the lamp.

• Klondike Standard Room

The place smells. We expected that with all the smokers in the casino, but the elevators and hallways had a funky smell too. Weird mix of air freshener and smoke. Our room was a little better. I use a CPAP machine and when I used it after we came back home it had a hint of cigarette smoke. I had to change my filter and wash out the air tube. We stayed on the 4th floor. We'll be staying in a different hotel next time.

• Klondike Standard Room

That you can not open the window in the rooms . I ve stayed there for 2 weeks so it s kinda annoying not to have any fresh air for weeks

Food. Cleanliness. Location

• Klondike Standard Room

The Hotel over all looked dirty, a young man at the front desk was rude when I asked where the hotel pool was, and the pool was closed.

The food at the restaurant, the room was spaciest and the hallway smelled good

• Klondike Standard Room

We were able to get early check in which is a super bonus but after being in the room for 30 minutes we got a knock on our door from the cleaning lady telling us our room was given to us dirty and we needed to step out for her to clean it. So that was not good at all 😡😡😡

I loved the comfy rooms. The beds were great! The casino was great!! Staff was very nice.

• Klondike Standard Room

It was dirty, they came knocking on the door to as if I was smoking. There was a person on the loss with a knife

I didn’t really like anything. I won’t stay there again

• Klondike Standard Room

The staff wasn't very friendly. I needed to use a microwave to warm up food for my child that has diabetes so he could quickly eat. The front desk told me they had no microwaves in the whole facility. Of course they have microwaves for employees, no one was being helped at the front desk. I was disappointed that the lady couldn't take 1 minute to warm food and for a diabetic. It would be nice if they had microwaves that could be brought to your room when requested.

The room was clean and comfortable and the location was good. We had a non smoking room and it had a pleasant smell and no smoke smell at all in the room or hallways. My hair dryer was broken and they came in 15 mins after my call to replace it.

• Klondike Standard Room

The front desk staff could be more attentive. The two girls at check in were so busy talking about their night life that they really didn’t pay attention to what we were saying to them.

• Klondike Standard Room

Bathroom was very messy. Hairs from previous tenant still in bathtub! Shower did not work and it took over an hour before the servicemen arrived to fix the issue. Very disappointed with our stay. In addition walls are paper thin and you could hear EVERYTHING going on in the neighboring room. Will not stay here in the future

Cheap. You pay for what you get

• Klondike Standard Room

No fresh air in room. Couldn't open window, no exhuast fan in bath room, pump would freeze and shut off of a/C was turned below 74 even though the sign said 69

The manager at the front desk. The parking lot security.

• Klondike Standard Room

It was a little difficult to find parking, so i just ended up parking Valet which was perfect. The girl at the front desk wasn't very friendly. The room was beautiful, but when i walked in there was hair on floor, a dirty shower towel was left in the bathroom and a wet spot in front of the nightstand.

Loved the room, it was beautiful and very comfortable

• Klondike Standard Room

The entire thing is a run down place. On the strip, you have people that gamble for the experience and fun with friend, Downtown you have people who want to have fun without spending a fortune - here you have people who gamble because they can’t stop. The entire hotel/Casino was filthy from smoking. We booked a non smoking room and got the information that non smoking is only optional when available. So we got a non smoking handicapped room (the only non smoking one that was available) which had the Charme of a correction center. Pool and hot tub were not available (“seasonal”). When asked what we are paying a resort fee for, they told us it’s for the “free wiki” and coffee maker in the room. Wow.

Nothing The staff was cooperative enough to refund us the “resort fee” when I complained about nothing resembling a resort at all.

• Klondike Standard Room

The smell of smoke was rather thick, but as long as people were having fun l can deal with it.

The staff was friendly and attentive. I was treated like a welcome guest. Thank Arizona Charlies (Decatur)

• Klondike Standard Room

I had a no smoking room but could still smell smoke the casino was like walking thru a cloud

The staff is what makes this place everyone friendly and very helpful

• Klondike Standard Room

Went to see a friend for their birthday. Check in was easy. Room was clean, beds were fresh. All in all we had a great visit and the Hotel/Casino was really a breeze. Got me thinking I’ll just go there from now own!

• Klondike Standard Room

My only comment I would like to give is that that TV kept going out of sync and the instructions were not that clear to me. When you are already settled in, it blinked out and the reset procedure was for me to get out of bed and hit the power button which I had a hard time walking or seeing where the power button on TV was. Otherwise I like staying at your facility.

I like your location, so close to just about everything or where I want to go. The cafe had a delicious steak and egg breakfast. The cook knew how to prepare the steak. I liked the idea of the room keys use on going up and into the room.

• Klondike Standard Room

It's only lower end neighborhood.

bed was comfortable, shower with a lot hot water, great view, everything you need at home,(hairdryer, coffee maker, cups for cold water and hot cups, you get 2 water bottle free and coffee pickup at gift store. 24 hour bingo only in Las Vegas. AZ Charlie's Decatur hotel and casino.

• Klondike Standard Room

It's very noisy, the walls are very thin enabling you to hear people's conversations in other rooms. Although the rooms are supposed to be non-smoking, they all smell like cigarette smoke as well as the hallways. No room service. But it's a cheap hotel and overall you get what you pay for.

I love the fact that there is no security deposit for the room. Most hotels in Las Vegas require a $100 security deposit and this one does not.

• Klondike Standard Room

The only thing I didn’t like the entrance. They have casino right at the entrance and cigrates smokes & alcohol smell were all over and you have to walk through it to go to the room. Not Good They should have separate entrance for motel.

Super clean rooms. Traveling with infant & 5 years old my first preference was clean room & I was very happy. The room was super clean, no bad smell, clean bathroom, fresh clean towels. Just superb

• Klondike Standard Room

No assistance/cart to transport luggage. Parking across street from casino. Difficult for my disabilities, had to make several trips. Unable to tolerate cigarette smoke in casino/restaurant. Had to eat in my room.

The room was satisfactory and housekeeping was diligent. Security was always present whenever I walked to my vehicle.

Nothing that I experienced

Good communication and response when I requested an earlier arrival time. Able to modify room to ease access to parking lot, and liked amount of handicap parking.

• Klondike Standard Room

They didn't have a microwave at all! Parking wasn't secure. The coffee taste horrible.( cheap coffee) pillows sucked! They claim there was cable haha hell no they had the cheap channels you have to pay to watch the good cable channels !

• Klondike Standard Room

1- i booked room w/1 bed/ igot a room w/ 2 beds.. 2- i booked a room non smoking and the front desk wants to put me in a smoking room - until i reeguest talked to a manager. I go a non smoking room w2 beds

• Klondike Standard Room

Jacuzzi and pool were closed for the winter. Like the jacuzzi. No Jaccuzi ( spa ) soaking for me. :( Would have liked to known in advance but most likely, still would have stayed here.

Benci was my server in the cafe. He was the best!! Great value hotel.

Bathroom needs updating.

The hotel was clean. The view from my room was the parking lot, I could see my car, which I liked. It was a good central location for my needs.

• Klondike Standard Room

The receptionist was rude.Put us in a smoking room when we advised them prior to arrival we need a non-smoking room as one of us is asthmatic and we are not smokers

Very comfortable, great rooms

• Klondike Standard Room

I was located on the first floor near the pool. It felt unsafe as there was a direct door to the parking lot that was accessible both to guests and non-guests. The air-conditioner was very noisy and the bathroom did not smell clean. It looked clean, but unless I smell bleach, I know it's not clean. I know you're trying to get people into the casino by having no HDTV in the rooms and no smoking in the rooms so that's why the reception and channel selection was bleak. The room smelled of smoke anyways.

The sheets and bedroom area were vacuumed and made up when I wanted them made-up. The blackout curtains worked great! The refrigerator worked great. I see that you're trying to upgrade the furniture to make the room look more modern, but the dark cabinetry does not match the blond chairs and work table and blond drawers near the bed. I'm sure everything will match soon. Thank you for notifying us of the emergency drill (flashing lights and alarm bells).

• Klondike Standard Room

First we were placed in two single king rooms when we had booked two double queen rooms. Talked to front desk and they said all they could do was bring in roll away beds. Next the air conditioner was broken and the room was EXTREMELY hot. We called down to the front desk multiple times. Unit was not able to be fixed and we eventually were moved in to another room. This room was a lot more comfortable temperature and had the two queen beds which were more comfortable then the roll away.

Lunch Buffet was amazing. Really enjoyed it

• Klondike Standard Room

Unfortunately, smoke was very strong when you went into the building. There is a non smoking section for gambling, but the presence of the smoke is very strong. The ventilation system needs to be updated to handle the amount of smokers that we witnessed in the local casino/hotel.

Great location/friendly staff/clean room/24 hour food/valet and more importantly it was very quiet/comfortable with no issues while staying there for 9 days. Excellent off the strip hotel/casino and a truly good cafe with staff that are always taking care of your needs It was an great time and we can't wait to come back again.

No Cable TV

I like the location, and the staff. The food was excellent, casino was the best. My room was great, I was near the pool. Easy access to everything. Thank U all for a wonderful time.

• Klondike Standard Room

Restaurant personnel were totally indifferent to customer needs. Also when I entered my room upon checkin, the heater was on at 84 degrees. Way to hot for most people.

The security guard was very helpful in leading me to the registration counter.

• Klondike Standard Room

the lobby smelled of cigarette smoke, but room was non smoking, so was restaurant, no water pressure when taking a shower in the mornings

restaurant food was good, had a great waitress on fri night and two excellant ones on sat and sun. bed was ok tv was huge and picture quality excellent house cleaning service excellent gave an extra coffees in morning. loved the safe in the room and frig

• Klondike Standard Room

ac was very noisy and quit 3rd day.they took my dirty cloths and blew me off like it couldn't happen well it did and it was my sponsers racing shirts along with the cloths I wore

• Klondike Standard Room

The payoffs could have been better.

The bed was comfortable, the food tasty, check-in was a breeze and valet was next to registration. What's not to like?

• Klondike Standard Room

some of you chefs in the buffet do not belong there. meaning you should know that customers come first and be pretty updated on what is raw and what is not prime rib for sure was not the right temp for cunsumpsion

very secured facility nice and helpful staff

• Klondike Standard Room

There have been upgrades since our last stay that were really noticeable. The bed was extremely comfortable and the new door access is really nice! There used to be a strong smell maybe trying to mask the smoke but it smelled so fresh and not masking any other smell! Great experience and will stay again next time we're in town!

• Klondike Standard Room

The restaurant was always closed for some reason or other. It is FAR from downtown which was falsley advertised. It is in a poor neighbourhood and the patrons reflect that fact

Nothing particularly

• Klondike Standard Room

The buffet" breakfast" food could have been better

Everything was good.I like that the room came with a refrigerator, coffee maker and a iron

• Klondike Standard Room

I was playing on a penny machine. I hitservice button it took a while for someone to come so, I got tired of waiting so I left . It was only a couple cents but I would've liked for someone to come a little faster.

I loved that we got to check in late we had ran into a bit of traffic. I always like that they have a non smoking room with machines in it.

• Klondike Standard Room

Honestly, this was a great hotel for the money we paid, no complaints!

Room was very clean, bed and pillows were very comfortable. Our room had 2 double beds, large bathroom with shower/tub combo, newer large TV, small fridge that worked very well. Our room and hallway was very quiet, we were on the 6th floor and a had a great view of some of the strip hotels, really pleasant to look at night.

• Klondike Standard Room

Smell carpets could use upgrade

Easy to get around well marked to find restrooms cafe security at hotel elevator had to use your room key good buffet

• Klondike Standard Room

It was a casino of course, but the cigarette smoke was horrible and you had to go through the casino to get to rhe rooms. The smoke burned your eyes and choked you!

Convenient

• Klondike Standard Room

Losing money😁. Everything was fine. Beautiful room staff meals and fun. All in one place.

You can get room service. I thought the restaurants were very reasonable and portions were huge.my grandsons came over and had breakfast with me everyday. We came to my son's 40th birthday. Rooms clean. Housekeepers were wonderful. Anything you asked f Or you got. Always polite and smiling. Great staff wonderful experience. To be honest I was a little nervous about staying there. Never heard of it but if you ask me it's just as nice as any hotel on the strip. I liked the fact it's not massive and you get lost in the crowd. The staff was great,friendly and not just a another face. Definitely will stay again. It also was convenient. Walk across the parking lot and my son lives in those apartments.

• Klondike Standard Room

The A/C wasn't cool enough but it could have been just because I was tired and lazy and didn't want to get up and turn it up.

The room was nice. The bed was comfortable. The temp in the room could have been a little cooler but it wasn't too bad. The people at the front desk were nice and knowledgeable. The staff were helpful.

• Meadows Deluxe Room

The disappointing part was the pool, especially since it was so hot, and we were looking forward to cooling off a bit. It was very dirty, and the chairs felt slimy.

The room was great! We loved that it had a refrigerator, and it was very clean and comfortable!

• Klondike Standard Room

Asked for a non-smoking room because of my migraines and they gave us a smoking room without informing us and would not change it. Room smelled miserable. Dust everywhere. Their was other people's hair and crumbs on our bed as if they didn't clean / change the bedding. Dust everywhere

• Klondike Standard Room

The casino was incredibly smokey! The restaurant (cafe) and buffet were so so at best. We stopped eating at the casino after two days and went somewhere else. There are no safes in the rooms and a very tiny coffee maker. There was a small refrigerator but no microwave. This, in itself, is not bad IF there were a decent place to eat at the hotel. I would not stay there again or recommend it to anyone.

Non- smoking room, comfortable beds, friendly staff

• Klondike Standard Room

Dirty, hairs in room rusty faucets & trashcans. BEDS LOUSY. Would not stay here again the REG STAFF was rude.

No movie channels have to pay now but had ESPN FOR WIMBELDON.

• Klondike Standard Room

They were rude I asked for non smoking and they didn't care I asked if the can clean my sheets because the were dirty and they didn't I asked for towels n never did I get them over all hated this hotel the worst and u can hear all traffic and not clean

Nothing they were very rude

• Klondike Standard Room

The staff, they couldn't tell me where the room elevator was after I couldn't remember. Also the girl in downstairs wouldn't come to ask me if I needed a drink not even with me ripping them.

I liked the lotion and the complementary coffee. I also like me that I requested a non smoking two bed room and they had it available. Calling the elevator with the room key was also really good. I also liked that it we close to restaurants and the Walmart and not far from the strip.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Klondike Standard Room

Only small complaint, there weren't enough handy outlets to plug in both our phone chargers. I ended up pulling out the second bed a little (it was surprisingly light and easy to move), so I could get to an outlet.

We ended up staying because the AC was out in the house. So it was a last minute reservation. Got to the hotel after 9p. Super grateful there was room, and the price was good. The beds were a little harder than I prefer, though they were comfortable enough. Nice tall shower head (I'm 6'). Room was clean, AC worked nicely, and I got a decent night's sleep.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Klondike Standard Room

The staff Kang Shannon food server in the sourdough cafe was so friendly, great service, we just loved her, also the bike security insured me they would keep an eye on my car, really made me more relaxed. The front desk people very nice too. The whole staff went over and beyond they are all great

• Klondike Standard Room

Although we did stay here for the accommodations not the gaming, I was sad to see the roulette table was closed!

Great place for traveling with the family! Hotel was really clean and the room was big for such a great price! Super Friendly, Polite and helpful staff from valet to registration to housekeeping! Yummy $5 breakfast at the Sourdough cafe downstairs. Everything as better than expected!! We are planning to stay here again!!