Reviews of Arizona Golf Resort & Conference Center 4 stars

425 South Power Road, Mesa, AZ 85206, USA

#27 of 42 hotels in Mesa

6.1

• Studio with King bed

Oops! See above~I lumped everything together!

The light at the bedside didn't seem to work and we had trouble with the TV, probably operator-error, but . . . We were taken right to our "new" room poolside after a discussion of the fact the spa next to the king bed offering wasn't operational. The female staff member drove us right to the door and she was very helpful and our "new" room was super except for those irritating aspects!

• Studio with King bed

Too high price for stay, room did not have enough lighting, no work station or desk, bed was not comfortable, and shower was horrible. I was very disappointed with the hotel with the price I had to pay. Not what I expected at all. Would have been cheaper and better off at a cheaper hotel.

It had a restaurant and it was close to my job.

• Studio with King bed

Furniture was very old and only one occasional chair, not two as shown, The crack under the door let in lots of dust as they blew the sidewalks daily. Had to buy a towel to cover hole left by blinds. Bed were too soft for bad backs

The room was large and contained frig and mic rowaver They cleaned daily.

• Studio with Two Double Beds

The”resort” was rundown, the wifi was super slow, the extra daily “resort fee” was a joke as there were no resort amenities. Way, way overpriced for the facility.

The water was hot

• Studio with Two Double Beds

Swimming pool green sun beds falling apart, the whole resort totally neglected.

Looks like the resort is on the verge of closure so there was nothing I liked. Had to abandon staying here

• Studio with Two Double Beds

We were displaced by the Sonoma County Fires in California to be with family. We were charged daily for a cot that was not informed to us. We were not aware of a pet deposit, that was told to us upon arrival. The sprinkler heads were broken so all the sidewalks and lawn walkways were all flooded all the way to the parking lot. Very wet and inconvenient. We were treated courteously, however no empathy towards the natural disaster we were escaping from to be with family.

The location and staff were very nice, and courteous.

• Studio with King bed

BUGS! Resort fee for broken hot tubs, pools, No air workout room, broken/closed tennis court, Don't leave credit card on file

Location and outdoors

• Studio with Two Double Beds

Best Hotel Ever, Staff were very friendly and helpful. Danielle in front office very nice and helpful. Very clean and large room. Loved it, will for sure come back to this hotel again.

• Studio with King bed

Booked a room with a king bed but was given a room with double bed. had to go back for room correction. There was old furniture in the room, scratched, stained, weird odor in room. Coffee maker rusty used up did not use. refrigerator iced up old would not close right. rust on door. rust at bottom of track, & what looked like mold in freezer. did not use. I saw on Booking .com that it had a on site restaurant called Annabelle's but was told it was closed for the summer will open again in sept. only place to eat was a snack sport bar in back. I wanted to take my wife to a nice place to stay & eat. Had to drive down the street for a nice place to eat. Not use to a stay like this. Could have been better.

• Studio with Two Double Beds

I just shower and sleep - I just needed a room for that - so $15 resort fee was a waste of money for me!

Easy check in check out - plenty of parking - very quiet

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Studio with King bed

The room was dark and had a nasty smell to it. The pillows were very small and the blankets were extremely thin. We had small bugs in our room and the bathtub and showers were stained.

The pool was nice.

• Casita Suite with King Bed

Needs a complete remodel, old and outdated. Toilet backed up into the shower, fridge was dirty and no tv in the bedroom. Photos don't show the extent of how outdated this place really is.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Casita Suite with King Bed

Needs a update although it is well kept and clean. The bathroom was tiny and the shower had very little water pressure. Balcony was nice but not cleaned , dirt all over and the last people left beer bottles. Kitchen was decent but trash can was tiny and there was no trash can in the back bedroom or living area. We had to move one into the kitchen and it was so small we filled it with just the bags from shopping. Beds could use an update to newer mattresses. They were working on other rooms and they had mattresses and stuff drug out all over the courtyard. For $115 a night it was nice but could be nicer.

Nice older rooms, it was clean , liked the closet space and vanity , decent kitchen area and coffee pot , bed was ok.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Casita Suite with King Bed

Thought we would receive an complimentary breakfast as some in our group did. The Booking process re this somewhat confusing.

Enjoyed the grounds and our suite was very nice. Nice Dining facilities.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Casita Suite with King Bed

When checking in they tried to change me to a room with twin beds and no sleeper sofa and less than half the size of the king suit bedroom with sleeper sofa that I paid for. After complaining they whispered around corner and supposedly found a room. Then I asked for towels on secound night and was told they didn't have any. Then I waited 1/2 an hour for hash browns and other breakfast items. Really Disappointed! Never again!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Studio with Two Double Beds

The place needs updating, cracks in floors and gaps in the door way were very wide. Allowed for hot air to enter the room as well as spiders and flies. No extra sheets or blankets in room. When I asked for ice on arrival I was handed a half empty bag of ice. There were also Chinzy towels hard as a rock.

Cost was good for off season.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Studio with Two Double Beds

When i arrived i found a dead cockroach on the bathroom floor. The room we stayed in everything was broken. The freezer had no door on it so things didnt freeze. Or everything in the fridge froze. The burners on the stove only had one temp. Super hot. The fan in the bathroom didnt work. The TV only had one remote for both TV's. When i arrived they didnt have the other booking on file and they over charged me for the room. I will not stay here again. And i heard from other guests they book their room for $30 a night.

The air was kicking good.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Studio with King bed

We were interrupted 3 times one time by maintaining staff one time buy some men looking for a woman and another person was house keeping.

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• Studio with King bed

When I registered at the hotel I informed them I had a service dog with me and asked where I could walk him. The woman had an attitude and told me there was NO PLACE on the grounds to walk my dog so he could relieve himself. She strongly suggested I drive him to a park blocks away. I was very offended by her attitude, and didn't understand how a PET friendly hotel could be so insensitive to a SERVICE DOG~! I was told by this woman the only grass on the property was the golf course. I later found this was not true, as I found several grassy areas near the parking. Since my dog is a SERVICE DOG and I"m not well, I did walk him in those areas.. and as always picked up after him. I didn't wish to argue with this woman, and knew the law was on my side. Would I stay again, only if I really needed to be there, about a mile from the hospital where my brother lay.

The grounds are old, but beautiful. If I wasn't there for a serious reason I would have taken photos of the patio and courtyard. The room it self was huge, roomy and had so much! The king size bed, the table and chairs, mini kitchen, private patio and chairs, sitting chairs in the room... yes, very nice. Had some trouble with the deadbolt, so slid a chair in-front of the door... and I commanded my service dog to keep watch while I slept. Without him, I would not have felt so safe. My husband asked a groundskeeper where the ice machine was, the man offered to go get it for him. Nice. But we never were told where to get the ice if we needed more in a few hours. (and we did, it was 115* that day!) The morning I checked out the reception staff was much friendlier and nicer then the woman I met when I registered. (see the 'what didn't you like section') I strongly suggest the owner or manager of this hotel educate their staff on the rights and laws of a person with a service dog, and the dog itself, they have laws protecting them too. May I also add, a bit of human kindness goes a long way.... the woman a registration certainly had none and shines a poor light on this hotel.

• Casita Suite with two Double beds

a lot of bugs in the room

cheap

• Studio with Two Double Beds

Our entry door wasn’t very secure. The deadbolt was difficult to secure.

The location of the resort was very good. Close to the mall, etc.

• Studio with King bed

They did not give the room that was posted on hotel dot com and it was noisy

The grounds are nice

• Studio with King bed

Rooms are old and dated. This entire facility needs to be updated

Not much - the breakfast buffet was ok

• Studio with King bed

Rooms were great. Staff is awesome. Fun golf course. Good lounge. Or you can go down to OTG pub as well. Highly recommend

• Studio with King bed

Very dated, pools and hot tubs empty, broken facilities, high resort fee for no Resort access

• Studio with King bed

Great place, staff is awesome

1 Pool/hot tub wasn't working

Clean and welcoming

na

na

Clean & comfortable - nice pool - very friendly - enjoyed our stay

• Casita Suite with King Bed

Disappointed. Did not get a renovated room - it was very outdated.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Studio with King bed

It was way too cold. The heater didn't work.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Service little slow

Breakfast ( off menu) very good

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Studio with King bed

Stopped in for breakfast and took almost 45 minutes to get eggs benedict. Eggs were good but I think they forgot to put order in.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Hot tub was great

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great property!

• Studio with King bed

The room was a little outdated and the room phone didn't work

I liked the property, the staff was great and location was good

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Casita Suite with King Bed

The grounds are beautiful it's quite the staff was nice helpful I will definitely come back

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Studio with King bed

It was super comfortable me and my husband loved the stay! We would go back again

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Studio with King bed

Cleaning staff ignorent banged on our door 9:30 check out at 11. Very unfriendly, rude.out

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

The resort as a whole desperately needs a makeover! Furniture is old and dated, as is the bathrooms. Parking was very inconvenient.

View of the golf course. Beds were comfortable. Room was quiet.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

I would consider this like a resort version of a Motel 6. Reasonable price but not the highest quality. The door on our room did not shut snug . When locked, you could still move it in and out a bit and from inside you could see light all around it. I'd say about what you'd expect for the price.

Location was convenient to where we needed to be. Comfortable bed, hot shower.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Nathan at the front desk is captain customer service!!! Very helpful!! The pool is beautiful, and the hot tubs are nice. I recommend staying in the casitas because the other rooms are WAY outdated. The resort has a 1980's Caddyshack feel to it, and is nice, but it would be amazing if someone could invest in modern renovation. It could return to its former glory.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Check-in took a long time as computers were down. We had a room for 4 people but several times had to call front desk for extra towels and our patio table and chairs came up missing and called for the return of them. Front desk giving messages to proper employees didn't seem to happen as we always had to get ahold of a maid to get what we needed. Maids seemed to be very efficient.

Very nice property for the money. Food was good at site restaurants. Laundry facility was outside our room and over all everything was convenient

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

The room was outdated and dirty. The particular room we had which was in the 500 bld. had NO access from a road, you had to first find the building, park next to the garbage cans and walk across the golf course on the back of the building. There was NO parking at all for the building. When I first checked in it took me over 20 minuets to locate the building and another 20 to unload and try to find a parking space within walking distance.

The breakfast was quality.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

This is a beautiful facility, and the staff is so friendly and helpful, and seemed genuinely excited about the trip we were taking. We will definitely return to this property. I wished I golfed ~ beautiful course :)

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

As we arrived map of facility was given to us and because there was no clear marking were are buildings with which rooms , we had a hard time to find our room and walk around grounds confused until we ask walking by one of the guests. The rooms next to kids pool doesn't have parking spaces , unless you park upfront the facility and take a long walk to your room. Our room didn't have much of a view ( corner of two story building ) unless gravel with a stucco fence and one tree is consider . Our fridge couldn't keep ice cream frozen and we were missing any dishes when we arrived.

The front desk and cleaning service as well as maintenance stuff were very nice and helpful. The facility had done some upgrades to match current trends but could benefit from some more. Very clean rooms , beautiful golf course and venue . Housekeeping were very efficient and able to service our room by lunch time. Any service requests was handle efficiently and quickly. The beds were comfortable and the thermostat was working properly to control room temp. We had weather changes from hot to cold and windy within 3 days.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

The disregard for customer service and rectifying the situation promptly and taking in to account the severity of the situation that occurred.

The Swan towel on one of the beds.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

Doesn't compare to other resorts. Needs upgrade. Furniture was of poor quality. Kitchen chairs/ stools were torn. Sofa arm rests are worn out. Needs to have better handicapped accessibility. Bathroom was not wide enough to accommodate wheelchair for my handicapped mother. Had to sponge bathe her in the kitchen. Room smelled mild-dewy. Parking area is not wide enough. It's too enclosed

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Our first"suite" had a broken window from an errant golf ball so we were upgraded to an actual suite. Good size and amenities but it was on the 2nd floor with no lift. Parking was not close. Furniture looked worn in living area. They did comp us breakfast which was a decent buffet.

Two pools Balcony Large refrigerator

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

The first suite given to us had a mouldy smell to it and seemed "tired" and in need of repair/updates. Staff moved us to a suite on the other side of the property that was in better shape. Appreciated that greatly!

Lots of room in our suite and super quiet. Grounds are beautiful. Loved having access to a washing machine located on the property.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Bathroom tile dirty. Shower curtain needs to be replaced. Shower not that great. Room needs to be refurbished, everything seemed old. Chair was torn. Lighting dull.

Liked the location, feel of the place

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

We stayed in a junior suite and there were no dishes, glasses or utensils in the unit. The staff gladly gave them to us when we asked but are not left in the room

Great location. Staff was very nice

• Reviewed: 18 March 2016

The shower curtain rod fell off of the wall and hit my 8 yr old in the back. He was not seriously hurt but more frightened. I called the desk and she sent a technician down. He tried to get the rod back up but had to cut a new one and drill it into the wall while my family and I tried to watch television in the next room. 45 mins of "in and out" of the room to complete the job. No attempt to move us or even to compensate us for our inconvenience. The desk lady at check out didn't even ask if we enjoyed our stay. The likely-hood of returning is slim to none.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

The place in general could use a little improvement as it looked old and in need of a little modernization; old cabinets, old fixture and paint peeling off the walls.

The bed and sheets were nice and comfortable. The room location was quiet and cozy.

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

This was a pretty terrible hotel. Our room was right by a jacuzzi area. The water in the jacuzzi was green with scum all over it. Housekeeping was so understaffed, they cleaned our room about 5pm. Although the pool area was comfortable, there were no bathrooms nearby or drinking water which can be problematic in the desert. The hotel has no ice machines either. I wouldn't classify this hotel as a resort. There is nothing posh about it. It feels tired and run down. Slats of a shade structure were splintered and falling down. I guarantee you, you can find a dozen better choices than this. I have never bothered with a review before, but I want you to make a better choice than we did!

The pool area was newer and comfortable. Parking was free. The rooms were large.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

Safety concerns. Our door easily popped open, no key was needed. Slept with a chair propped against the door. Poorly lit walkways. Room did not look anything like the one I booked on line. Whole place felt very sketchy. Would never stay there again or recommend it to anyone.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

Room was old and tired. Floor was uneven and carpet wrinkled. Not worthy of a resort status.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Entertainment Friday night in the lounge with Karaoke show. Burgers were delicious.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

They had to move us to a new room three times. The first one's air conditioner didn't work and couldn't be fixed. The hot water was either non existent or just hot in the second one. They gave us free breakfast coupons but when we took the last available plate, the bottom of it had large chunks of dried food with mold growing on the bottom of the plate. Didn't use the coupons!

The staff was great and did what they could to fix the problems.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

Overall it was more then i expected. I was given a suite when all i expected was just a room with 2 queen beds. It also had a kitchenette.i thought it was a good bargin.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2016

They add a resort fee. I asked what it was for and I was told wifi etc. Well it's not Las Vegas and all hotels we have stayed at this year do not charge for wifi or the use of the pool. Although this may seem like a little thing the coffe pot was for coffee pods and there were no pods but coffe drip supplies with no stir sticks. When I get up first thing in the am I like to have a cup of coffee without having to get dressed and go to the front desk to ask for supplies. I think the new desk clerk needs some more empathy training. Also big dirty fingerprints on both sides of the bathroom door. Little things really add up and made a big difference to customer satisfaction.

Lovely grounds and pool and central location and quiet.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

There was nothing to tell us about any city sites to see, nothing about your spa, nothing about entertainment in the restaurant. No maps, no magazines. Aren't you proud of your facilities? or your city?? Blah.

Good breakfast. Just get there early! Friendly golf people working hard.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2016

Rooms are dated. Our room had no hangers , circuit breaker was off so no heat at nite, shower curtain was cut too short to keep water from spraying on the floor.

We had issues with our room but the manager was apologetic and accommodated our inconvenience Large room

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

Little out dated furniture in the room Pool not heated.

The price of the room and the size of the rooms . Gas grills outside your rooms and big finished kitchens . Albertsons across the street to save money on food

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

I booked my sister/brother in law in 1 room and brother in room 2. No heat, no hot water, no blankets. Rooms smelled, someone was overheard to comment that one of the rooms was not supposed to be rented at all, had not had heat for some time. Terrible experience and a resort fee for just an overnight stay was not a positive selling point. Don't know if there were nicer rooms or not, we didn't get one if there were any available. Very disappointing stay.

Lobby was very attractive. Gave my sister/brother in law and brother a free breakfast next morning for the poor rooms. They said breakfast was very good and if you were judging resort by that, it was good. Rooms though terrible.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

Front desk is very unorganized. Took almost 30 minutes to check (we were the only people in line). Still waiting to see if my bill gets cleared up. Charged me for 3 rooms, only had 2.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2015

Rooms were old and outdated. Furniture definitely 1980's or before and looking old. Not as roomy as we are use to. Central Air conditioning was noisy. Parking not very convenient. We requested a king room but were given a room with two double beds. Too tired to change it.

Beautiful golf course and surrounding area. Gorgeous for walking, golfing, wedding, etc.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2015

Disgusting, no upkeep on spa or room, wish I could post pictures of everything I found but here are some. Windows to the rooms are screwed shut

My sleep

• Reviewed: 7 December 2015

HVAC outdated and noisy. Tub did not drain well. Bathroom mirror was centered on wall, not on sink! You had to lean over to see yourself in the mirror! TV never worked.

Having a kitchenette was nice. Beds were comfortable. Generally quiet.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

I like the large room layout with plenty of seating for guess. I like the 1 story access and outdoor patio. I also like that it had a microwave and a refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

We had a problem at check in with communication between the front desk and house keeping, but were upgraded immediately. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

It was old, beds were small, smell, old interior. For a 4 star, I expected nice and comfortable. The room was not like the pictures. Over heard the place was under renovation. That should have be information ahead of time.

close to mall

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

The room was outdated. Paint in bathroom was peeling, shower curtain rod was rusted. Room smelled strange as did the bedding. Small kitchenette had two burners for cooking that didn't work.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2015

Broken garbage disposal in the kitchen, cable was hard to figure out to make it work.

Great rate especially for a last minute booking. Front staff is ok- one person was excellent and the other just blah/irritated attitude. Lovely room, nice and quiet, beautiful golf course. Lots of surrounding construction was a minus with barricade traffic at the entrance. But I would stay here again. LOVED the 1 room suite.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

No one answers the phone. After the We were suppose to check in at 3 couldn't until 6. 3rd day of trying to order room service we called the front desk and asked if they even had it and they connected us. The spa doesn't answer the phone and you may or may not get ice when you order it. There is a reason that the breakfast is free.

Are room was very comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2015

Needs updating , no pool or hot tub not told about when booked or checked in found out last day they had another pool at a another complex

Free breakfast , good bed and clean

There are also 29 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.