2. USA hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown

Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown 3 stars

22 Woodfin Street, Asheville, NC 28801-3022, USA

#57 of 78 hotels in Asheville

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 19 February 2019

Nice hotel with very comfortable beds!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked with Booking.com and the room description was incorrect. I expected a fireplace and balcony in a large corner room. I got a basement room looking into the parking lot with no balcony or fireplace.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2019

This property was in a great location.

From the moment we got there we had issues. We got assigned to our room and went there first. We opened up the door and someone else was already in that room. We had to go back downstairs and they said were sorry. They told us they didn’t have any record of anyone in the room. They then said they upgraded us which they didn’t. We ended up in the same style room. The walls were paper thin. We heard our neighbors coughing all night long. We also heard every single conversation they had. Overall we will probably stay at a different spot if we do vacation there again.

This property was in a great location. Was within walking distance to downtown area. The staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2019

Location is top notch.

Lacking towels when we checked in. Sink clogged. Had to request the towels. Next day we had fewer towels and coffee was not replenished.

Location is top notch. Also free parking.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2019

Our room had a few previous damages.

Our room had a few previous damages. Nothing big but definite eye sores. Cleaning crew came when we were getting ready to leave to go to brunch. Asked them to come back and never did. Went down to get towels because the cleaning crew never came back by and the desk manger was outside smoking.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2019

4 points is THE best hotel in Asheville!! Price great, staff great, location great!!! THANK YOU!!

All was great!!

Breakfast a great value at $ 12!!!! Made to order omelets, waffles and juice!!! Excellent service!!! Front desk staff the best!! Room was awesome, bed and pillows top notch!! Awesome location!!! We will stay here EVERY time from now on!!

• Reviewed: 5 February 2019

Staff was extraordinary- very accommodating when we booked...

Staff was extraordinary- very accommodating when we booked our reservation for the wrong night. Great suggestions - eager for us to see the highlights of their beautiful little city!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2019

Outstanding room, location, and price!

I enjoy a larger bathroom but this one was perfectly fine and have all we needed.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the room was quiet despite being quite close to a highway. The bathroom, while on the small side, was all one needed. The layout of the room was perfect.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

Great location - would stay again.

Toilet didn’t work - we had to manually stop it from running. Body wash container was empty all weekend. Your people, however, were quick to adjust our bill for the inconvenience.

People working there are super friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2019

Great staff...great location. No AT&T cell phone signal reception in the room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If you have AT&T cell phone service, you cannot get a signal in the room. Have to go to the lobby or outside. Also, my room faced the freeway which made it so you could her the road traffic.

Conveniently located. Great staff.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2019

Not bad but I will not return
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was not informed of the fee to bring a pet until I arrived at the property. Had I known there would be an additional charge I would have boarded my dog. Further, the waiver that states animals may only be alone in the room for 10 minutes at a time is ridiculous. If you don't want animals at the hotel then do not accept them. Lighting in the rooms was lacking. Toilet was wonky...sometimes it refilled without issues; other times not so much. Slow draining bathroom sink.

Decent location that allowed for an easy walk to the downtown area.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2019

Great location ruined by incompetent and unhelpful management
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

In early September 2018, I booked 1 room for 4 people. Later I decided to change from 1 room for 4 people to 2 rooms for 2 people each. This was a problem! I spoke to the person on the desk to confirm that we had 2 rooms booked and she said "no"! And then she hung up on me! To sort this out I contacted Booking.com and Zahra S sorted it out for me and confirmed we had 2 rooms and the cost would be $482.50/room, total $965. I paid $965 when we checked out Thursday, January 3. However, in addition I had already paid 2 charges on September 4, 2018 of $161.58 and $320.92 that I’m now told were just for "authorization". The manager, John Zellers, explained that I was still $482.50 short saying: “The charges from September are correct. You had to prepay the reservation based on the rate you booked. You had a second charge for the second room. The difference between ($482.50 x 2 = $965) and the $1447.50 was an authorization and will fall off of your account by January 17.” I would expect that as Four Points has had this outstanding $482.50 since early September that this would have been resolved January 3 when we checked out. Mr. Zellers seems to think that it is okay to keep our money until January 17! This is totally unacceptable to me and I would not recommend Four Points to anyone.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2018

Based on other reviews, the room exceeded our expectations.

The walls were kind of thin and pillows/bed were somewhat uncomfortable.

The location was perfect, being walkable to downtown restaurants and breweries. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were much cleaner than other reviews suggested.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2018

Hotel used to be a great value for the location, now its slowly declining.

The front desk staff bordered on rude, they were engaged in their own conversation. We specifically request a "no pet" floor. But on our floor, dogs barked for hours. Staff seemed uninterested in solving the situation. Note to owners - spend more time cleaning your pet-friendly rooms and common areas. The wear and tear is beginning to show.

The location is walkable to downtown.

Stayed in November 2018

Probably wouldn’t stay there again,
    • Deluxe Double Room

Smell of chemicals being used on the lobby floor where we had to be careful not to step. We arrived at 11:02 am and couldn’t get anything not even coffee.

The man who greeted us from the bar when we entered the restaurant was the best experience we had while there. We stayed st the bar had dessert and evening drink while enjoying conversation with him when he was not busy.

Very pleasant stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room

No real dislikes to the property. If I could pick it up and move it into the middle of downtown I would. But then I wouldn’t be able to afford it.

The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. A very nice man brought up our rollaway bed and then went back to get the blankets and feather free pillows. He made up the bed and was so extremely nice to us! We came in from a long day of walking around downtown and the front desk staff handed us all a bottle of water. The staff was more attentive and friendlier compared to my last stay there 2 years ago.

Good location, great staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

This was the most expensive hotel we stayed in during a recent vacation, so our expectations were high. As for the room, the cleanliness and decor were fine, but the king bed was not very comfortable. The TV had very limited channels available to guests, which is not the norm for today's hotels. There was no way to plug in the reading lamp behind the upholstered chair, and the room refrigerator stopped working during our stay. This is the only hotel we have stayed in that doesn't offer a complimentary continental breakfast (although the breakfast selections in the restaurant were very good). The restaurant is very nice and the employees were great, but very few people were dining there. We were also surprised to see that the hotel offered only a map of Asheville and no other brochures or information about the area. Our only other complaint - not the hotel's fault - was a disrespectful, drunk and extremely unruly guest that was yelling and cursing in the hallway beginning at 2:50am, which, of course, interrupted our sleep for that night. Otherwise, the hotel was quiet. This seems to be a very popular hotel. For us, it just was not a good value, maybe because we were comparing it to the other hotels on our itinerary. We were told that this hotel is now being run by Marriott and is in transition, so hopefully changes can be made to bring this hotel back to being the perfect place for us to stay while visiting Asheville!

The best thing about this hotel was the friendly and helpful staff. The location is perfect if you are able to walk some distance. It was nice to see that this is a pet friendly hotel - all of the pet guests were well managed and quiet.

Close to Downtown

The A/C was just barely able to keep the room 77-78 degrees! The unit ran all the time! They had a repairman come in and said they changed the unit out... it wasn’t any better! The rooms are old and tired. They painted and put crown molding in the rooms trying to dress it up! Sheridan has gone way downhill from when I last stayed. I won’t be back!

Close to Downtown

Good location but pricy
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was too expensive for the room you get. I’ve had way better rooms for half the price.

The location was perfect. You are in walking distance from all the restaurants and shops.

The second room we had was good. The first room was horrible.

First room we were in had a horrible shower. The A/C dripped all night on the already soaked carpet. The room and entire ground floor smelled bad. We could not get phone service from the room. Couldn't get the television to work.

The second room they gave us was what we expected. Comfortable bed, quiet..

We were put on the 3 floor and it smelled as soon as we got...

We were put on the 3 floor and it smelled as soon as we got off the elevator. The rooms smelled like smoke. We went and asked to change and thankfully we were moved to another floor that was good.

Thumbs up to staff, cleanliness, bar, restaurant, but property/hallways felt like an upscale prison.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Layout of hallways and access points felt institutional. So many doors to get through to unload car. Dark, heavy doors and cement hall and stairs. Felt like I was sneaking in through the basement instead of being welcomed into my home for the week. Some effort had been made towards landscaping and outdoor comfort in the front, but rest of property was stark. I've stayed at budget motels that felt more welcoming. Nothing blocking us from highway traffic speeding past. Restaurant/bar patio needs to be larger and more welcoming, rather than an afterthought. Wish the rooms had screens or balconies so we could enjoy the night air.

Staff was extremely caring and helpful. Room was quite clean.

It was comfortable clean and convenient.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I didn't like that it didn't offer breakfast. Also the room was a little small.

I enjoyed be so close to downtown asheville. The room was very clean

We arrived at one o'clock.

We arrived at one o'clock. They told me that our room would be ready in an hour. No problem I said we walked around town came back at 4 and told us our room wasn't ready but had a handicap room on the bottom floor. We took it because of the 8 hour drive and a lot of walking. Did not like the vehicles all night at my window

Great vacation but we will be staying somewhere else next time.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Well the minute you walk into the lobby it smells like gas. I mentioned it to the receptionist and he didn’t seem alarmed or interested. Our hotel room had ants and smelled like dog. They switched our room to an upper floor and we had pidgeons nesting in our air conditioning unit. We had delicious breakfasts in Asheville but the ladt day we ate at the hotel and for $12 had the buffet which was not great. This hotel needs some TLC doesn’t seem like they give a crap.

Loved the location. I could walk everywhere in the city. The price was great. And I am afraid that was all.

next trip to Ashville, we'll be back at Holiday Inn.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We expected a lot more than we got for the $292 it cost for one night. no mint on the pillow, no included breakfast, windows that could not be opened.

Downtown Asheville without killing your wallet.
    • Deluxe Double Room

This was the first time we'd been put on the top (5th) floor. The noise from the bathroom exhaust is quite noticeable but can be defeated at night with earplugs. The staff told me the management are going to replace this ventilation system soon.

There's no beating the location of this hotel vs the cost. The staff are always friendly. We have stayed here probably 5 times over the last 4 years. You can walk downtown from here - saving endless aggravation at finding virtually nonexistent parking spots.

Well located and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

For the room rate (more expensive than higher stars in New York on this stay), it’s a bit in need of a refresh compared to hotels charging similar rate (rooms/decor).

Good location to downtown area. Rooms are comfortable and staff are very friendly and helpful.

Good location for walking around downtown.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms are not very soundproof. Sounds from rooms above and groups of people in the hallway. Especially annoying was whoever found it necessary to use the ice machine early in the morning.

Good location for walking around downtown. Friendly and helpful staff.

The hotel is perfectly located to do business and have a quick jaunt downtown. Perfect!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The brand of soap and shampoo is very unappealing.

Great location, absolutely every you need and nothing fancy. Incredibly comfortable beds! The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Overall we had a good stay.

I found the bed to be too firm, my wife thought it was comfortable. The restaurant is ok, we ate from the breakfast buffet one morning. The other days we ate at local coffee shops. They do have complimentary coffee in the lobby, so that’s a plus.

I like the location, it’s within walking distance of the main downtown. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The parking is great.

Decent location and facilities but there are nicer places for not much more money.

Police woke us up at 3am detaining the people in the room next to us. We didn’t sleep at all that night because it was so loud. We complained the next morning, but the staff didn’t seem to think it was much of a problem that we lost an entire nights sleep at their hotel. We got an “I’m sorry.” And that was it.

It is a close walk to downtown Asheville.

Accessiblity and convenient location to downtown and...
    • Deluxe Double Room

We stayed in a handicap room so bathroom was not as nice but also cell service was not good even with wifi.

Accessiblity and convenient location to downtown and interstate.

Enjoyed it
    • Deluxe Double Room

No Jacuzzi or Spa available. House keeping knocked on my door in the morning which I didn’t need and then after that every hour. I’m at the hotel to sleep not be woken up.

Great pricing

Stay somewhere else this hotel is just bad.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Terrible breakfast buffet for $12. Literally the worst $30 I've ever spent. Options were 4 different meats, cheesy eggs, and bagels. No fruit, no juice, no yogurt or anything. Waitress was useless, had to walk over to her to ask for juice. The beds were uncomfortable and wobbly, room and hallway were freezing. Bathroom was tiny and almost hit my head on the towel rack every time I'd sit on the toilet. Bathroom fan never turned off so had to listen to that the whole time I was in the room. Overall a bad stay and I would not recommend this place to anyone. There's plenty of other hotels in Asheville!

The location is great, walking distance to all the cool stuff in Asheville.

The bed was not comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bed was not comfortable. When we got there - our toilet & bath tub did not work. We also had a lot of issues booking the hotel through booking.com with the hotel.

The lovely city lives and breathes arts&crafts
    • Deluxe Double Room

Weekdays there was no breakfast buffet, just basic items ( when there was something) so I had to order from a menu, which was not cheap.

Hotel is very well licated, walking distance of most everything. Staff is excellent. Room comfortable and clean, with microwave and mini fridge, though I couldn't find a supermarket downtown to buy food.

Bed was comfy and close to downtown.

There were people screaming in the hallway all night and did not sleep that much. The bathroom was small and cramped. Soaps were awful and smelled cheap. I booked the room a few weeks before we left and i checked prices a day before we left and they were significantly cheaper.

Bed was comfy and close to downtown. Staff were awesome!

Good location close to Asheville, but there are better hotels in the city.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The lobby smelled bad and the beds in the room were not comfortable at all. The cleaning staff in the morning were loud and obnoxious.

Location was good.

Bed was comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was not free as we expected. They had run out of coffee and wouldn't brew another pot. Everything is dated, past due for a remodel, and not as nice as we expected based on their "normal rate".

Bed was comfortable. Room was clean. Check in staff was very friendly and helpful.

Loved Asheville but not the motel.

A fan roared so loudly in the bathroom in 501 we had to change rooms at 12:45 am. Unacceptable . Won’t be staying there again. It’s appears to be an old motel motel needing an upgrade. In the second room, there are not enough outlets.

Staff very pleasant.

Pure delight!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not a thing. It was a perfect one night stay.

Alex was great. Booking.com did not complete our reservation but Alex was able to get us a room with no problem. The breakfast buffet was amazing.

See you again soon!

Nada

I was 100% pleased with every aspect of my stay... except the weather! Seriously I will stay again for sure. Everyone from reception , to restaurant to free parking was top notch. Breakfast was super, on beyond excellent!

Only a 2-block walk to downtown where all there fun is!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom did not have a venting fan. Rather, there was a vent which could not be regulated. It was constantly sucking air out of the room and the noise it made could not be turned off. I am a light sleeper, so this was annoying. Closing the bathroom door helped a little, but not enough. This vent also sucked a lot of the heat from the room, so keeping the bathroom door closed helped with that. Rather pricy meals at the Chop House- aren't most in-house restaurants, though? My food was loaded with some flavor enhancer. MSG? I had a bad headache all night!

Only a 2-block walk to downtown where all there fun is! Ample parking. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Great spot to wait out a winter storm

Covered parking would have been lovely but you can tell we are grasping at straws here since that isn't really that big a problem just cold in the snow that shut down the city.

The comforters. Okay, there was more but heck you want a good bed and after a week on the road these were the best comforters yet. Being able to walk to the bar was also nice. On a background option the consistent fan on the AC was lovely rather than waking each time the fan blasts on.

Great stay for a one night trip.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There is only one vending machine and it was empty. Late at night we may want a drink...... This is the only thing that could have been better.

Check in was easy and the room was very comfortable.

The bed was very comfortable and the location was excellent!

The room service was terrible. I get that it was New Year's Eve and they were busy but the lady that answered the phone was extremely rude and acted like she didn't have time to help me. She said it would take 45 minutes to an hour but she took my room number down wrong because she didn't care and I had to call back. When the food arrived it was cold so I called back again and a woman named Molly answered, she was more polite than the first lady. She sent more food to the room but none of it was right. When I called back the third time the rude lady answered and again she acted like my order was not important. I asked for Molly because she was nicer and the other lady made it a point to tell me that they were extremely busy. Then the manger got on the phone and comped our order. By that time we were late for the show we wanted to attend so we barely had time to eat. Just an overall bad experience. I wish I would have gotten the name of the rude lady.

The bed was very comfortable and the location was excellent!

Nice stay in a perfect location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Convenient location to explore by foot the nearby downtown of Asheville. Top quality bedding and friendly staff. We really appreciated the welcome 'hot apple cider' during this holiday period!

The staff was great.

The restaurant (Chop House) was below standards. Breakfasts were ok. But the staff was great. No coffee pot in the lobby at check in and the restaurant / bar was closed. Not good after a 10 hour drive! But downtown shops were right around the corner.

The staff was great. All in line with Four Points high standards.

For a one night stay we were satisfied, but would not want to do any longer.

The rooms were a bit too small, as were the bathrooms. You could hear the noise in the hallways a bit too much.

The location was very good, and they had a very nice restaurant. The restaurant served local brews and the food was excellent.

A perfect day for us in Asheville, thank you!
    • Deluxe Double Room

I was a bit skeptical reading other reviews but this hotel was lovely with a wonderful staff. The restaurant was a delicious end to our day. Perfect location for walking into town! We will be back for sure. Thank you.

Don't like the $50 hold for incidentals that will take...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Don't like the $50 hold for incidentals that will take 72 hours to be removed from my credit card? I paid 3 months in advance - you had that money long before I showed up. Otherwise PERFECT!

housekeeping came knocking way too early in the morning.
    • Deluxe Double Room

too early for housekeeping to be knocking on our door

housekeeping came knocking way too early in the morning. that was probably my only issue with our stay

Bed was comfortable

No guest laundry breakfast cost to much Parking sucked if you have a big vehicles

Bed was comfortable Good location liked the shampoo, conditioner in the shower

Convenient.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were given a room on the lower level. While we did have a window, it really felt like we were staying in the basement. Poorly designed bathroom sink. I wonder if the designer ever tried to rinse their face in a sink like that.

The location was great, close to many restaurants and shops and close to the expressway, too.

When we go there, we asked for a cot and they brought it...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The food at the restaurant is fine but not great. The service was good and they were really good about catering to one of our party's food sensitivities, though.

When we go there, we asked for a cot and they brought it right up. It was after 9pm and they were great about it. We had a problem with the toilet too and the man who helped us with the cot fixed it immediately. I've stayed there before and the people there are excellent.

Great value
    • Deluxe Double Room

We didn't much care for the breakfast choices.

Great location; easy walk through a safe neighborhood to the center. Also close to the main roads leading in and out of the city. Wonderful staff who were more than willing to recommend nighttime events. And although there was a large group of people who arrived just before us to reception, the staff was very efficient and we didn't have to wait. The room was modern and clean.

The room was fine;
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast in particular was poor: not ready at the 6:30 am advertised opening, eggs cold and rarely covered, only on one of the six days was there more than one fruit available. One of the two wait staff was not responsive and seemed unhappy to be there.

The room was fine; the food was mediocre at best. Although I agreed to no housekeeping for the entire trip and was promised Starwood coupons (too late for the discount since I'd already paid you), only had three days' worth of coupons.

Never going back to this hotel

We overpaid for a room in the basement that ended up being a disabled room with a toilet that wasn't even bolted to the floor. The restaurant was a nice place but they didn't even turn all the lights on, and the breakfast buffet was terrible.

The front desk staff tries very hard.

Fun girls trip

Bed was a little hard.

Clean and well located. Staff was friendly and helpful. Morning coffee and hot spiced cider in the lobby in the morning a plus.

I would stay there again

Can't really say there was anything I didn't like worth mentioning

Property was newly renovated so the rooms very nice and the location to downtown made everything in walking distance

Ashville, other side of the tracks.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The reception staff gave us a bad room at first, when we asked to be moved it was only slightly better. No ice maker on our floor. Asked for a visitors guide, they didn’t have them and said to go on an Ashville app. Hun? Staff seemed to have bad hygiene and not knowledgeable. Wouldn’t recommend, seemed like “other side of the tracks”.

We will stay here again!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast at the Chophouse seemed understaffed. The server was accommodating and friendly when we asked for silverware, refills, and bill, however, she was the only server in the restaurant.

Proximity to the downtown area, trolley stop right outside, helpful staff-Devonte gave great directions and recommendations

Staff was very friendly when we checked in.

Bathroom is a little small. Towel rack sticks way out off the wall and makes it hard to navigate the space.

Staff was very friendly when we checked in.

Good location but a poor experience.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Sloppy check in procedure. I had booked 2 rooms. Reception staff gave the first arrivals in our party the wrong room, which was booked in another name altogether (makes you wonder what the point of a photo ID is). Caused much confusion and our group had to change rooms. We also had to completely remake the beds as the mattress protectors were all bunched up underneath the sheets. Bathroom and hall lights didn't work in one of the rooms. Lift broke down and we had to use the service lift which was a long way from reception with very poor signage. Reception staff didn't seem to know the lift wasn't working, even though there was a sign on it.

Location. Connecting rooms.

The front of the house staff was extremely friendly and...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The front of the house staff was extremely friendly and willing to help. Our room was never very clean.The manager listened to my complaint, explained policy and adjusted my bill accordingly. This hotel needs an update. A great place to stay if you don't intend to be in your room much and don't expect anything other than the basics.

Good Location, Pet Friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast was not very good and it is not included in the price. I was slightly disappointed with the breakfast.

I liked the fact this hotel accepts dogs and they put is in great room near the exit for easy access in and out of the room to the street. The area is great if visiting Asheville its only a short walk to all the shops and restaurants. The room as comfortable and had everything we would need for our stay.

The staff was very kind.

I drove 3.5 hours to arrive late Friday night. I had hope to get a good night sleep before a long mountain hike on Saturday The A/C unit in the room kept me awake most of the night. Not only did i waste the money staying at the hotel, I should have stayed home and had a good night sleep.

The mattress was perfect. I even had to take a look to see what type it was. It was also very nice to have bottle water in the room

It was a nice landing point.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I would've like to have a lower price, but this was apparently the busiest weekend of the season, and was better than most.

Great location. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is located in a great spot. The price is good. A/C was a nightmare

After working a 10 hour day then driving 3.5 hours, I did not appreciate arriving at your hotel at 11p ish. only to listen to an extremely LOUD messed up A/C unit. The $300 plus was a waste.

The girl at the front desk on Saturday 9/30 handled my lack of sleep with sympathy and professionally transfered me to another room for the next night.

Nice location. But.........

The hotel lost power so we sat in the dark or had to walk up to the 5th floor. The staff was more worried about themselves than the guests. For the price we paid. We were treated poorly

The bartender Christopher was awesome

Convenient to downtown.

Rooms smelled very musty and stale, and were very humid. The water in the shower never heated to more than a lukewarm temperature, and even when they switched us to a new room the problem continued. The bathroom fan was a joke as it didn't suction hardly anything, which is probably one of the reasons for the mustiness. For the price they were charging (>$300/night) albeit over Labor Day weekend, would have expected MUCH better. Very disappointed in this place.

Convenient to downtown.

easy access off main highway.
    • Deluxe Double Room

our view was of the interstate, wish the hotel had outside balcony's so we could have sat outside to enjoy the evening air. it was close to downtown (couple of blocks away) the fan in the bathroom ran all night so we had to keep the bathroom door closed so we could sleep. upon checkout we told the front desk about the fan and they said they would have someone check into it.

easy access off main highway. easy to find

Meh

Outdated, drapes stained and wouldn't close all the way. Bathroom was especially disappointing. We were given a room with a handicapped accessible bathroom. Dirty old ceramic tile floors, no amenities. Old dirty grab bar at toilet, looked l8ke an old nursing home.

Convenient l9vation

Location, location, location

Rooms were a little on the dark side and the shower could do with an update. Shame the pool was closed even though it was 84 degrees outside.

The location of this hotel is wonderful - easy walking to downtown and all that has to offer. Also easy to park and find. Staff was lovely; which is what you might expect in this price bracket. Appreciated the maps at reception, which made it easy to find your way around. Lots of luggage trolleys made unpacking and packing the car easier (we were there for the last night of a 2 week holiday and had a number of plastic bags of stuff that needed to be in our suitcases!) The Chop House is also reliable for food (if you didn't want to brave downtown). I found the bed very comfy and, yes, the shower wasn't the best but it was effective. I also liked the size of the rooms with 'Best Linens Of The Holiday'!

Look for another hotel and another city to visit. I was very disappointed in both!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room and hotel were unclean. Bathroom had mold growing in tub corners. Tile grout also has mold growing. Toilet was dirty as well as the bathroom floor. The furniture was old and gouged. I could deal with old but it just felt dirty too. Downtown was filled with homeless and street drunks staggering about. I did not feel safe walking the streets while shopping. You definitely need to pay attention and watch your surroundings.

Easy walk to shops.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown traveller photo gallery