Reviews of Best Western Plus Atlanta Airport East 3 stars

301 North Central Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30354, USA

#151 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Was told could get shuttle to the airport but the next morning was told our room number wasn't on the list and there wasn't anymore room and there was nothing that could be done for us. The night before we did mention that we would need the shuttle the next day but wasn't on the list. We had to get a taxi to go to the airport. Not happy at all. We had a rental car but returned it the day before because your hotel offered shuttle service to the airport. We figured we stay at your hotel and catch the shuttle to the airport so we wouldn't have a stressful trip to the airport before we flew out but that didn't happen because the service that you offered wasn't available to us. You only had one bus shuttle running. Very disappointed with your hotel probably will not be staying again. When we do stay at hotels always tried to stay at the best Western but will not do that again.

People were nice

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

When I got there I was told you have to be 21 but it says no where on the website, everything else went very smooth

Great location, clean, nice shower, bed was comfy all around nice stay

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Security, looking unprofessional wrinkle shirts, smoking, and smell of alcohol, looking like regular people that had know idea of how to secure a parking lot. Cars all spaced out they riding around looking lost

I loved the room and the area right off the interstate

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We waited far too long for pick up from the airport to the hotel and there was no room for us in the shuttle to the airport the next day -- it was the other driver's day off:(((

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

This place is a great value for your money. If you’re not just going there to sleep you may want to spend a bit more for a nicer ambiance. But again if you’re there just to get some sleep before your flight in the morning it was all you need! Clean!!

The two girls working the front desk counter were slammed, but they still offered a smile on their face and great custom service while working at a quick and efficient speed! Much appreciated after a long day of travel when all you want to do is get some sleep!

Love the breakfast! Eggs were great and fresh fruit was a nice surprise. It is an older property but it's been renovated to a contemporary feel. Close to the airport and downtown.

The hotel looks a bit dated and, if you don't have a car, access to restaurants isn't that great.

The proximity to the airport is very good (the hotel operates a shuttle every 30 minutes. The staff were superb and the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the Breakfast room was very plentiful with a reasonable choice. The breakfast room itself was very clean.

No restaurant or bar onsite walls paper thin and windows need updating as noise from airport was loud in the room.

Great location for Atlanta airport staff friendly clean hotel

The desk staff were amazing our plans changed last minute and the staff went above and beyond to help us with our dilemma. They were friendly and informative. The rooms are big and spacious and have awesome views. The breakfast was amazing and Variety of foods to chose from.

Had to wait well over an hour and a half for a shuttle that supposedly comes every half hour only to be given a barrage of abuse from the driver in front of my Kid! It was awful !

Breakfast was good and plentiful

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Needs some updating, Entrance not well defined. If you miss the entrance coming from the airport, it is difficult to get back to. Elevators need some attention too.

Staff was very friendly when we interacted. Very nice breakfast selection

I found everything just right.

I was visiting my sister. The last minute she got a call to go back into work. I started looking online. I wanted close to the airport, with shuttle service, breakfast, nice, not too expensive. We try to find B.W. Thank goodness I found one. I didn't drive so I didn't pay attention to the parking. I loved it is a non-smoking hotel. I lived around smoking folks for a week. I got the rest I needed before flying back home.

For us was perfect, but if you want to stay in Atlanta and visit museums and attractions, maybe this hotel will be a little bit far and this will mean pay parking fares daily which are not cheap in Atlanta.

The room was good, good bed quality with tv, fridge and microwave. The breakfast was also good with different options for different tastes. The hotel is only 10-15 min from the airport perfect if you need to return your rented car and if you don’t, they offer a free shuttle every hour, which is quite handy. You also have in 100 m an I Hop 24 hours, Mc Donald’s and just at 500 metros, a great Mexican Cantina called Sombreros. Great food and great prices.

We asked to not have the room cleaned the first day but the second day they did not clean the room also the third day we asked for clean towels and they said that they did not have any!

The breakfast was excellent and the guy in the gift shop was very amusing and friendly!

The elevators are scary, kinda old. No indoor pool, and i was told i could have an late check out due to flight changes and i also requested at the time of booking and at the time of check-in. Clerk stated that should be fine to contact the front desk to remind staff at 8 in the morning. I did so and she laughed and said oh no we can't do that when I called to ask that morning, so I could have made prior arrangements or picked another hotel that guaranteed what they say and who communicates with each other instead of guest communicating with staff but other than that it was okay.

My kids liked the balcony to look at planes go by. I like that ihop mcdonald are close to satisfy kids.

Nothing, it was just great!

The hotel staff was so friendly! The hotel was a lot nicer than I had thought, the beds were very comfy also. Convenient shuttle to the airport (though at 5 and 6 am you may not fit since there are a lot of people go at that time). There are free cookies in the lobby and little toothpaste packets (which was so convenient since we couldn't find our travel size toothpaste). Also the Continental breakfast was very delicious with a lot of variety (not boring/plain like most Continental breakfasts). It was surprisingly quiet for being close to the airport. I didn't hear a single plane from my room! There's a 24 hour iHop across the parking lot (I think there might have even been a skyway connecting the hotel and restaurant) and although we didn't eat there, it's nice that the option is there if you have to leave before 6 when the Continental breakfast starts, or if you need something late night. But there's also a McDonald's across the parking lot, I assume that's also 24 hours. I was impressed, I would definitely stay here again!

Under the bed, desk, and chairs were filthy. I asked for a crib over 5 times and the staff (Oliver) kept telling me he would look after one more person checked in and after calling multiple times until 11 at night he never once looked. I had a very upset one year old that he refused to get a crib for. It was wrong and I am very very upset at the level of care.

The bathrooms were nice. That was all I could enjoy since I could the staff refused to do anything for us.

the shower was not clean and everything was old.. the rugs smelled old and not too clean.

close to the arena and fast food restaurant. Also good Breakfast.

The breakfast was sub par and the bed was very uncomfortable, but those things are minor. Overall the stay was decent. The eggs weren’t that great and they served pork sausage (I don’t eat pork) 2/3 days we ate breakfast there. One of the days they served turkey sausage, which was good. The waffles were great though! Just needed more options. Maybe serving turkey sausage and pork to give more of a variety.

The staff absolutely MADE this hotel; they were phenomenal! Also, the grab and go was very convenient and the room service staff was very nice and did a great job cleaning!

Joeffry's the attached restaurant and bar could provide more food options but Cheryl makes great cocktails and she was a pleasure!!

Staff was extremely friendly. Quick check in with a free bottle of water and warm fresh cookies for us both!!

Small balcomy

The Operations manager DeAndre was awesome! From the phone call to check on shuttle, checkin and just overall friendly!! The rest of the staff was excellent as well!!!

A little too close to the airport. Constant jet noise kept me awake until around 11pm when I think the airport must curtail takeoffs. I was able to use the provided foam earplugs to greatly reduce the jet noise. Finally got to sleep.

Bed and bath were very good. Only a few minutes (2 minutes?) to the international terminal at Atlanta airport. That was awesome as we had a very early departure time.

Everything was just great! Extremely friendly staff. Breakfast was amazing and the lady in charge of the breakfast was so nice and helpful as well. The room was big and very comfortable for us and my baby.

Shuttle services with one employee but manager assured us the issue would be fixed and we were satisfied after talking. Also, the elevators they have both need major maintenance! They are scary to take and being on a high floor and having a young child the staircases just aren’t feesible

The manager and front desk staff was very nice

Only the noise from the planes flying in and out of the airport.

The gentleman at the check-in counter was great! Very friendly and knowledgeable. His name is Oliver. You have a great employee there!

I should have been worried when we found earplugs next to the bed! We wanted to be close to the airport, but had no idea we would feel like we were sleeping on the runway!! The noise was beyond extreme!! The beds were also as hard as a runway!

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The shuttle was a bitter disappointment. We chose this hotel to send our daughter back to California from the airport and the shuttle availability was important. According to my daughter she thought the driver was on drugs, he almost wrecked, and he dropped her off at the opposite side of the airport from her Airline. The driver lied to her and said he could not get to her terminal but she saw other shuttles dropping people off when she finally got to American Airlines. Disappointed.

The breakfast was amazing with more options than I am used to seeing. The bed was very comfortable and the staff that checked us in was amazing. I appreciated the handicapped facilities.

I enjoyed the window view the most!! I’m from New Orleans and we hardly get snow so to wake up an look out the window from the 9th floor to a winter wonderland was awesome!! 🤩

• King Room with Roll In Shower - Disability Access - Non Smoking

noisier than I like. 2 out of 3 lights in bathroom were out. the toilet seat won't stay firm.

breakfast was very complete and the coffee was very good. The shuttle drivers were very helpful.

Didn't like the wall paper on the elevators, kind of throws you off until you get closer to it,didn't care for the dark blue colors, although the hotel appeared clean,there was sour a sour odor, out in hallway near elevators.overall I was impressed it looked better than I thought. Yawl can use some warm inviting colors rather than that dark navy blue.

The complimentary breakfast was excellent, the bed was comfortable,the shower were spacious, rook very clean.

Parking was limited at certain times of day.

Good breakfast! Nice size rooms. We stayed here while attending the Walker Stalker Con in the downtown area. It was close enough to drive to everyday and reasonably priced compared to other hotels closer to the event. The hotel was clean and comfortable.

The elevators are really old, should be replaced soon.

Hotel was clean, staff was very kind, convenient shuttle to airport. Restaurants next to hotel also convenient.

There airport shuttle was slow and overcrowded because too many people were waiting by the time it arrived. I waited a long time at one point but, to be fair the manager was responsive and upset about my complaint and more than compensated me for my inconvenience so I can imagine they were having a bad week more than that this was the norm

The staff were attentive, polite and agreeable. The room was large, extremely clean and the beds comfortable.

The most basic BW i have been to, barely up to the standard. 2 shuttles to get from international terminal to hotel, took me over 1.5 hours to get there (1 shuttle every 30 minutes but this one took 45 to arrive). Following morning went to board the shuttle and the driver said 'sorry it's full' and drove away. I went to reception and the best they could do was offer to call a taxi which arrived 15 minutes later ans cost me 12 dollars. They should advise that if shutlle is full you're stranded. In any case, first and last time they see me there.

Breakfast was a big disappointment. I've stayed at lots of BWs all over USA. This breakfast was horrible.

The room was large, clean and shower was great.

It was a lil dusty cause they was doing some work my allergies was baddddd but I dusted the room to make it a lil more comfortable

I am afraid of air planes but I enjoyed seeing the air planes and experience seeing them up close in the air

The hotel is under renovation. One elevator worked. Waited over an hour at airport for shuttle. All other hotel shuttles returned three times before BW one came. Bed was hard as a plank of board. Bathroom was gloomy. Room lighting inadequate.

Ear plugs

The air conditioner was noisy. The color decor was dark not bright and cheerful.

The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was good. My grandson enjoyed the pool.

There is building work going on at the rear of the premises. It did not disturb us but doesn't make for a good view.

Excellent staff who helped in every way. Great service by complimentary shuttle to the airport and back. Joffreys restaurant was great, intimate, friendly and good food. Good breakfast arrangements and all included and if you didnt want to eat in there are the usual American favourites (IHOP, McDonalds and chick fil a) very very nearby. Plenty of parking and a lovely swimming pool

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Have no real complaints about this hotel at all I would definitely consider staying there again

The young lady at the front desk was extremely helpful, professional and very friendly.

Our sheets were never changed our whole 3 days of staying there.. housekeeping came not one time to swamp out or towels.. only reason how we got towels is if we called downstairs and no one brought them to us, we had to go get them.. I've never heard that you have to be present in the room when housekeeping comes..🤔

Breakfast and beds were pretty comfy. Loved the walk in shower.

The hotel didnt send the shuttle until I called them. Ended up waiting 45 min at the airport at 1 AM. So that was not a pleasant experience. The hotel was not close to the airport either. The hallways looked old and requires a refresh.

The room was very spacious and the bed was comfortable.

Very industrial feeling, a little dark, especially bathrooms although modern still not enough lighting and room was void of comfortable atmosphere, very bland, pictures of planes not inviting. Felt like catered to overnighters from airline industry.

But before I checked in I called and the person was very rude. Also I had to wait for 1 hour at the airport and called 3 times before the shuttle arrived. The location doesn't make you feel safe at all!

The people once I checked in were very nice. Michelle saved the whole trip as she was soo professional and friendly. She made me want to stay after a bad experience. I also liked the breakfast and business center.

The furniture was too dark. I also felt that the bathroom colors were too dark. That property has seen better days.

Loved the bed, and breakfast was fantastic.

Our room was very noisy with planes taking off over us, but considering how close the hotel is to the airport this is to be expected.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Facilities were good for the quality of hotel. Great breakfast.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff refused to bring us a baggage cart. We are handicapped. Staff said they couldn't leave front desk unattended........ THEN ASK A MAID OR SOMEONE ELSE TO BRING THE CART TO OUR ROOM!!!! Nope, no help...had to get myself. Not enough handicap parking. Had to have the most mobile person park and walk through the lot. unacceptable !!!! Booked a handicap room and requested handicap parking!!!! Property under construction and dirty. The bathroom floor was very sticky, our shoes were sticking to it when we walked over it. I think once construction is done will be a nice place, maybe.....

There's no restaurant within the hotel and then you have to go out to eat. But breakfast is good so far.

Close and convenient from and to the airport with airport shuttles.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast offer - ran out of milk !!

Convenience of location - midpoint of two locations which facilitated a good nights sleep prior to an early morning meeting in Hapeville

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The front desk gentleman was super positive and so was the shuttle driver. Very good customer service from those two. Our room was very large and comfortable, but parts of the hotel seemed tired. They need to fix the one elevator that is boarded up. It looks bad

This place was awful. Don't bother staying here. We had to wait an hour to check in because the line was out the door. The air con smelt terrible. I have made a formal complaint about the rudeness of the staff.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

I did not feel comfortable being out and definetly stayed in at night. The surrounding neighborhood was a bit run down, and had to travel through it to get anywhere in the city. It is located right next to the airport, but wasn't too loud. We never did have anyone come into our room to clean or give us fresh towels. There were pros and cons to not having maid service come in. Fresh towels would have been nice, but at least we had our privacy.

Staff was friendly and the breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff were very blunt on check in. We asked about the early packed brekkie (our rate included breakfast and we had an early flight out) and were told it could be organised in the morning, when we checked out and asked about the brekkie we were pointed to a table with a coffee machine and a bowl of apples.

Location was perfect for the airport! The room was clean and comfortable, the bed was amazing!!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

We wanted to be close to the airport but you pay a price with the airplanes landing etc until about midnight.

the staff was friendly and very accommodating to all of our questions about the area & best way to proceed to airport. wish we had paid attention to the fact they have a shuttle that runs every 1/2 hour or so that takes you to the airport. very convenient & nice feature. Also being able to do the laundry was an added plus you don't see in most of hotels.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

It's an older hotel - perhaps a bit farther from the airport than we realized, but the shuttle was good & took us right to our rental car the next morning. Breakfast was sufficient & room was clean & comfortable.

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Location near airport, efficient shuttle service, close to restaurants, huge and comfortable clean rooms and last but not the least, very kind and helpful staff. Receptionist Chantay, breakfast hostess Maria and driver Sam were exceptional. The staff kept my luggage free of charge as I toured the US. I stayed twice in the hotel between 3 and 11 May. Will stay there again

After telling me they would be there in 12-15 min I called again in 30 min they finely came in another 15, it was 90 plus outside when I mentioned it at the desk, after the nice driver apologized and told me she never got the first call they abruptly told me I was wrong. It is in the middle of no where only an IHOP which was clean and had friendly service and very good food. But nothing else to eat at. Also I picked it for the plus in the name, wasted money.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

This hotel is old and not clean , one of the elevators was boarded up. The room was spacious but not very clean and the bed was really uncomfortable. Definitely not worth the $130 price

Close to airport

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

The receptionists were all good - Chantay, Sana and Michelle. Hotel is close to the airport. Good shuttle service from airport to hotel and back every 30 minutes. Room was huge with a huge and comfortable bed. Very clean and fluffy towels and sheets.The shuttle drivers were very good but Sam was exceptional. He drove me to the train station at the airport and explained to me where to visit in Atlanta. Breakfast was good. Maria the breakfast lady was helpful and smily all the time. I will stay there again. They even transport hotel guests to their favourite restaurants free of charge and bring them back. Impressive!! They kept my luggage free of charge as I toured the US.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

We needed help getting in our room because the door wouldn't open. Once in we never left for fear we wouldn't get back in.

It was a room. Better than staying over at the airport due to layover.

Staff did not seem to want to be there. The person that checked us in was sick--snotty nose/cough. I ask directions and they were clueless on how to get to a basic location and were not engaged enough to even act like they cared.

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access - Non Smoking

The TV guide in the room was inaccurate and the channels changed slowly. The wifi password was only available at the front desk.

Beautiful, spacious room and friendly staff. The shuttle service ran on time at 4am, and the driver warned us the night before about busy times.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower

We were in a "broken room." I am using that term loosely because most of the items in the room were slanted (the fridge, beds, and microwave) or broken like the luggage holder and closet hangers. We made due because we were not in the room too much but it was disappointing because I called ahead of schedule to ensure that we were given a great room with a nice view and beds. 2/3 is not bad but 66.7% is still failing.

Breakfast was good. Your typical complimentary breakfast (Waffles, eggs, 1 meat, cereal, etc.(* times do not change on the weekend...) The beds were always dressed nice after housecleaning came through. No personal items were stolen. Bathroom was spotless. Staff was outstanding and we received cookies during the week for being there. Ihop is connected to hotel so dinner is never far. It was early spring/ late winter so the pool was not open but looked very clean. Workout facilities are also cleanly kept.

The breakfast was horrible. The housekeeping forgot to make my beds one day then forgot to clean my room completely the nexts day. The Wi-Fi never work.

The location was amazing close to everything.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access - Non Smoking

I could of taken the shuttle from the international terminal but was told by airport staff to go to the domestic terminal which took half an hour and then on the way to the hotel we drove by it again. Wish I had known.

It was a short stay between flights so the hotel was good but the breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

very noisy, planes came in every 30 seconds. It should be noted on website. People at desk did not know the area to direct us to restaurants that were not down the road.

clean and new

Landing Airplanes do fly near hotel which could be a little bit noisy in the evening, but hotel provided free ear plugs in the room. My daughter & I had no trouble sleeping without ear plugs.

Front desk was very friendly & helpful at check-in. This hotel was a convenient off/on to I-75 & Atlanta airport. Large room & bathroom. They offer free airport shuttle. With an IHOP, McDonalds right next door you have several options for a meal, as well as free hotel breakfast.

Checking in at midnight was a disaster. Long line and what appeared to be a fairly disorganized process. Seems delta uses this hotel to house stranded passengers. It's on the wrong side of the tracks for sure with very dubious surroundings- seems more like a complex getting ready for tear down. Hard bed, no door to the shower could they design and build it any more cheaply? In the morning one of the two elevators was out of service but no sign telling you. You figure it out after waiting a while and nothing happens. Good thing we are pretty high functioning taking the stairs, but would be very challenging for anyone slightly unfit to mange. Breakfast looked and smelled awful- the creamer for the coffee was sour. We skipped it and found a Starbucks nearby. On the plus side the staff here very friendly, too bad the hotel itself is so decrepit. No idea why this was highly rated on booking.com, their reviews were so way off I questioned whether I should just go back to Hotwire and take my chances for an airport overnight.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access - Non Smoking

- Very thin walls and windows for high airplane noise - most of staff unfriendly and did not seem very willing to help - relatively high price and quality of breakfast and rooms low

- free shuttle to airport - airport proximity - good burger restaurant in front of hotel

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

They not accepted cash at time of Arrival, They Demand credit card, not accepted Debit cards, if any one have no credit card then Hotel not accommodate. It is very bad, in our country people not like credit card. I have many Debit cards but no have credit card

Everything good

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower

We were given a 1st floor room that was old and dingy. The room had an ancient thermostat that wasn't even working too well. To add to this, We could hear noises from outside all night through and had the most disturbed sleep! The person in the front desk told us that breakfast would be served till 10.30 AM. We turned up for the breakfast buffet at 10.00 AM, only to be told that the buffet closed at 9.30 AM! Extremely disappointing!

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was a disaster! Bathroom shower was not clean. We left our room at 8:30 am and return at 7:30PM house keeping still didn't make up our room. They where still 2 rooms away from getting to us. Planes fly over head until at least 11:30 and it is noisy.They do give you ear plugs. MAKE SURE TO ASK FOR A QUIETER ROOM!

Staff is excellent, breakfast had something for everyone. Everyone is very friendly. It is very close to downtown and a 5 minute ride to airport, They have a free shuttle that runs every 30 minutes.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• King Room with Roll In Shower - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Right under airport. Desk said we wouldn't hear the planes. Not true...in fact they had complimentary ear plugs. Had a strange, unpleasant odor.

Easy off/on from I-75.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

could hear airplanes coming and going in room I had.Great service at hotel and shuttle service, driver pointed out a few local attractions and all personable.

Shuttle service, short walk to several restaurants, helpful employees.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Wouldn't recommend this place for anything in the world. While I was out, my laptop and iPhone charge have been stolen... When I reported it to the front desk, at first they didn't even bother to look at entrance log and only after the police officer arrived, it was determined that the only people were in my room while I was absent were two separate cleaners... Word of advise, don't leave anything valuable behind.

Browse Best Western Plus Atlanta Airport East traveller photo gallery