Reviews of Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn 2 stars

3247 Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, USA

#41 of 82 hotels in Daytona Beach

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place was very clean you could tell it was older but paint looked great rooms looks awesome and bed and pillows were very good they also let us check in 3 hours early

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

The staff is horrible the last few Days my family was there they where very rude when I asked for clean towels and when we where not ready to check out at 11 we where told to get out now or we will b charged another day ! The pictures r nothing like the actual place! There is no outside put put or activities like we saw on online

Location was good nice pool and right off the beach

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

One of the front desk staff members was not very pleasant and quite abrasive so it was uncomfortable dealing with her but all in all great place

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Walls were very thin and food from previous guests were left in the fridge.

Great location with a nice renovation. Perfect beach access. Would stay again.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

The staff is friendly. The hotel is right on the beach and you get a great view no matter which room you sleep in. The rooms are nice and have everything we need while there.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was an issue if we came in late at night. There were no balconies to the rooms, just benches outside the rooms. There is only one luggage cart for the entire hotel.

The room was very clean, staff was very friendly.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was there for a week and it would’ve been nice if housekeeping had been a little more thorough day to day.

Location was great and there were many things to do within walking distance.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Needed a sweep at the bottom of the door. Was a a gap of about 3/4”.

It was the best value at the beaches. The owners are very active in keeping this property up to date and in good repair.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

bed was too high for my wife. she struggled to get in to it

I booked a room that was listed as a partial ocean view. Due to the design of the building our room faced the ocean though not an ocean front room. To us that was like having an ocean front room.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel is right on the beach. Every room has at least a partial ocean view and a small bench outside the room so you could sit an watch the ocean. We loved being so close to the ocean. The hotel had direct ocean access. So we could swim in the pool and then go right down the steps and swim in the ocean. It was a very quite hotel. Mostly retired people stayed there. It was clean. If you need breakfast, there is a good restaurant right across the street you could walk to. We really liked it here and would stay there again. It was great for our small family.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

I have no complaints at all.

This is an older motel but it was renovated and very comfortable. We had a room with a kitchenette which made it enjoyable. There was a nice ocean view but it was too cold to get out.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Although rooms were marked non-smoking, our room smelled heavily of cigarettes. Overall, the room was clean but the smell was too overpowering. Staff was not the friendliest . I chose this hotel because of location and value. You’re better off paying a little more and staying somewhere else. I don’t recommend this hotel.

Right on the water. Easy access to the beach.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was great, wished they had breakfast but there is a place across the street

This is such a cute property, very clean. I didn't expect it to be this nice!

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Could not use freezer ,, needed defrost ,, but we had plenty of ice ,, No Breakfast ,,, for that price ,, Breakfast , fruit , juice sausage gravy . Biscuit ,, wished it was close to Joe’s Crab Shack

The Ocean , beach , right there ,,, wow nice patio , pool , our room was Clean , up dated The owner was awesome , seamed very proud , doing work so cell phones , work , he let us check in early and check out late ,, so greatly appreciated

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

I was there 5 nights my room was cleaned one!!!! I had to call the office or go searching for towels toilet paper etc!! Horrible staff rude I will never stay here again!!!

That it was on the beach

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

I don't like the coffee machine in the bathroom, it will be better in another area.

Room was better than most. housekeeping was great. the best part it was right off the beach.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

We booked a room with two beds because we have two kids traveling with us. Ended up in a room with a king sized bed. Great for my eight year old who wants to sleep with us. Not so great for my 13 year old who is almost as big as I am and does not want to sleep with mommy and daddy. Everything worked out in the end though. Would definitely stay again.

Very clean. Great views. Comfortable beds.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

I made the mistake of going Bike week and I'm not a motorcycle fan... but the couple next to me was very nice and nobody in the hotel was rowdy

Very affordable clean room on the beach mainly on the beach

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

It’s not close to any of the shops or restaurants for walking distance. Parking is limited. Overall it wasn’t bad. Just held a higher expectation of what we were looking for.

it was relaxing and the beach is right outside the property.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

I wasn't expecting this motel to be so good,perfect location oceanfront motel, full renovated rooms,clean, beautiful kitchen,beds were good,cable,free wifi,free parking,heated pool,easy access and close to everything. The owner and staff were very nice and helpful.Good for family with kids, quiet motel. Perfect and safe place. I'll be back.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not sleep well because we had neighbors in the adjoining room.

I loved the view of the ocean as it stated it would be a partial and it seemed full.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lighting in the room itself could be more luminous and on a women perspective long mirrors in the sleeping area. Also it might have just been us but we didn't see a dumpster to personally throw out extra trash we had.

The hotel was great, we got there earlier than check in time and they were very cooperative in getting us our hotel room a little early which is appreciated. The view is fantastic!!!!!! The pool and lounge area for tanning chairs is in a perfect spot for sun bathing, everything was great.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Not enough counter space when having to do dishes , could use a new frying pan & silverware , no teaspoons . Don't know what the problem with the floors were, we had to keep something on our feet, they would be black if we didn't . Cleaning girls seem to only change one bed , and not clean bathroom mirror , whomever was over us seemed to like pulling chair across floor which was very annoying . Just some picky problems that would cost very little to fix with little expensive . Nothing that would cause me not to recommon or stay again.

Was close to beach 'fast check in , & had a kitchen .

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

This was the 2nd year I have stayed here...Very nice area...The owner and staff are very friendly and accommodating ...The hotel is kept nice and clean inside and out...this hotel is located right on the beach and had a great view of the ocean...There is a nice restaurant that serves a great breakfast and lunch right across the street also...

Parking is very tight

The only thing missing was the hot tub which we enjoy when we’re taking a little vaca and an iron in the room otherwise everything was really done well.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location, Pete was amazing along with the young lady . Very clean rooms ,room was ready early Pete found us out in the parking lot always called me by my name. I will be back.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

I wouldnt take anyone there. It is ugly and although on the beach, seems very poor. No reception and they charged me for water which was a first.

Good price and location.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

I found the hotel to be spacious and comfortable. It was very quiet and I enjoyed the quiet. I loved being on the ocean. Unfortunately, it was too cold to enjoy the ocean. I will stay at the hotel in the future.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Prefer at least queen size beds, not doubles. Didn't even know there was coffee available in the office until I checked out. Coffee maker in room located in bathroom as there's no counter space in kitchen area. Extra towels would be nice, 3 ppl in room, 3 towels provided.

Beds were ok, one of them had very squeaky springs. Kitchen was very small. 3 of us in room but only 2 chairs at little dining table. Would like to have a larger room with additional seating. Good water pressure in shower along with plenty of hot water. Didn't spend a lot of time in room, mainly to sleep as we were at the Rolex races for the majority of the weekend.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

I didn't care for the hateful employees..made me really uncomfortable. Plus seen night guy walking around cars and rooms looking inside them and listening at doors . Creepy..

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

I found several strangers' hair in every fresh towels that was very gross.

Well equipped room: huge fridge, a proper stove with oven, microwave and all necessary cutlery etc.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room had a little bit of a smell to it. Early check in or late check out cost extra. The microwave malfunctioned. The door does not have an extra security bar that I am used to from other hotels. The windows were unlocked, when we arrived.

The room was very clean and we enjoyed the partial view of the ocean. Breakfast is not included at this hotel, but it is located across the street from the 'Cracked Egg', a very popular breakfast venue. We slept very comfortably on the beds. The bathtub was great for a comfortable bath with enough hot water and the shower had wonderful water pressure.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

There was a cold snap while we were here but 60 is better than 19 at home so still a good get away! Beautiful blue sky and endless beach, what's not to like?

Staff is very friendly and helpful! We needed to print off tickets to Kennedy Space Center and the manager gladly printed them for me. Thank you Pete!

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only thing I can think of is since it is on the beach and a smaller place you are only allowed 1 car per room but if they are not busy they will make exceptions for you.

Right on the beach nice size pool nice clean rooms staff very nice

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy pipes or some other clanging intermittently all night kept me awake.

Beautiful beachfront unfortunately was very windy,rainy cold the day we arrived so we weren't able to enjoy walking the beach. Nice benches outside each room, pool looked inviting and clean. Rooms clean,updated,

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

No character to lodgings. Black, white rooms.....sterile and uninviting.

Remodeling the rooms left them black and white, sterile and cold. I LOVED this place when I stayed here before.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very comfortable beds with a microwave and mini fridge. The location was very nice. Nestled in between more expensive properties and right on the beach. Can't be beat for the price.

Nothing I disliked

Don’t let the outside of this hotel fool you. Even though you can tell from the outside the hotel had been built years ago, the rooms have been renovated to a contemporary / modern looking style. Nice high shower head. Didn’t bump my head into it, where some hotels I’ve been in the shower heads are low. Good size bathtub. Walking distance to the beach. Located on Daytona Beach Shores, it was quiet. Loved it.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Humidity in room was very high and quite uncomfortable. Couldn’t leave curtains open , outside hallway is there, people walking to and back from beach

Parking and walk-on to beach from room. Hotel is close to gas stations, resteraunts , Starbucks, Dunken Donets, lots and lots of little shops

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room didn't have a kitchen, and in the web site it reads every room has a kitchen. But overall it was nice, and I will come again

It was very close to the beach

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loud AC unit made it hard to sleep. Not enough parking So many smokers by the pool we were choking. Ugh.

Beautiful beach. Most of the property does not face the beach. But nice to be right on the water

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

I loved waking up to the ocean and sitting on the balcony drinking my coffee. This place is pet friendly but does not have any areas on site for your pet to go. But a quick walk down the road and there is a beautiful park that is very pet friendly! This place was very clean and the room was large and comfy!

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Bad manager, doesn't know how to talk to customers, should get training in hospitality management to improve his skill or he will be bankrupt.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The green color of the building was very misleading on how nice the inside was! Could use a little sprucing up outside and a patch of grass for my dog to go to the bathroom would have been nice!

Jade and Pete were great. The beach was so close and the pool was clean and went up to 8 feet deep! There was always towels available and It was so close to everything. The inside rooms were newly renovated too! I loved this place and will be staying again if I ever find myself in Daytona!

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location and right on the beach! Room was very clean and nice for such a low price. Its located on an easy going part of the beach. We had a baby and there was no craziness. AC kept the room nice and cool for our stay which is hard in FL. There is a fridge and microwave in our suite which more expensive hotels don't even provide. Dont judge it by how old the property looks on the outside, room was updated and very nice.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Beds were very high off the ground, making it very unsafe for toddler onto a tile floor. Beds were very noisy making it hard for everyone to sleep including the toddler who was in pack and pla. Beds were small for how nice everything else was, queen beds would make the hotel AMAZING.

Location to the beach

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

when I booked a partial ocean view rom I expected to actually be able to see the ocean from the room not from outside the room/ parking lot however beach access for great

Beach was beautiful, Room was very nice for the price,

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

I called the day we were supposed to check in and they said we could come before 3 if the room was ready. I also called for a rollaway bed which was brought immediately, the staff was extremely friendly.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

That our room was right up by the office and at night you could hear all the loud people hanging out up there and by the laundry facilities. People in the room before us had a small dog that woke us up at 5:45am one morning. The refrigerator in the room was not cold enough to keep anything in it. The rooms were nice but arranged backwards. When you open the door if someone was laying in bed you had wide view of that. Beds should of been set up on the TV wall so they were blocked when the door was opened. Said partial ocean view when I booked room but couldn't see the ocean at all. If we were on the 2nd or 3rd floor towards the back could of seen the ocean view. Wouldn't give us the discounts of AARP or Triple A because we didn't book directly through them.

The room was clean and bed comfortable.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The people/family in the room next to ours were up very late and were very loud. We could hear everything throughout the night. We were on the second floor and could also hear the people up stairs walking around in their room.

Staff was friendly and location was great. Older hotel, but we had a great rate for the one night we stayed.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

It would be nice to have a broom and dust pan in the room. The sand from the beach gets all over the floor.

We have a family get together in Daytona every year. I found Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn 3 years ago and loved it then. But now, they just remodeled and updated the rooms and I love it more.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Checkout time was 11:00 and they were outside the door and calling the phone at 11:02 am because I was grabbing the last of my things. I also asked for a roll away bed and that was not provided.

The location and the rooms were newly renovated! The kitchenettes were awesome and had the necessary cooking items

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

The cleaning crew was not as thorough as I would have hoped. The back of the toilet had not been cleaned and there was a yellow ring around the right side of the bottom of the toilet where it looked as if they just did not clean the floor. They also did not sweep/mop the floors daily which meant that our room accumulated sand and it was imposible to keep it out of the bed.

The room was nice and had an updated look. The complex was not too large so it did not feel over crowed as larger hotels often do. The staff was friendly. Overall I enjoyed staying here and would book here again.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had called the property around 7 pm the day before we were traveling to let them know we epulx be arriving around 3-4 a.m. the morning after our reservation. We arrived at 430 am to find they had cancelled our reservation. They staff aS very kind in that he still let us stay in the room we reserved.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Beds were a bit firm for my families taste.

Within walking distance to stores and restaurants. Pool over looks the beach and even on the 4th of July the pool wasn't over run to where you couldn't enjoy it.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

I didn't care for the fact that my room was on the bottom floor and every time we stepped out of the door we had to worry about cars flying by.

I loved the fact that it was on the south end of the beach, the beach was nearly empty and my baby could roam without me freaking out. Head about two miles up the street and the beach is so cramped.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was not overly friendly and the floors were so dirty that you could not go bare foot in the room and the TV remote didn't work, my husband went to the office to get another and they gave him two more that didn't work.

It was close to the beach. Oceanview.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Well the day staff was rude and had additude.... the oven did not work the 4 days we were there and waisted food when maintenance came and look at it it worked that moment after that no I really didn't believe it was worth the money and we didn't get the view it was supposed to be.... but the evening staff and night staff were very friendly

It was right on the ocean

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Noise traveled through the room from room above. We asked if we could move to a room on the floor above us, since there were a lot of rooms open, but we were told that they wouldn't move us.

Good value for money, room was clean.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wish it was more clear when booking if the room you are booking has a kitchenette. Something I didn't confirm before arrival. I thought I had booked one that did. It did not. The place was full so I couldn't change/upgrade at time of arrival. The pool could have been a tad cleaner but was still acceptable.

The property has been updated. I. The beach. Free parking. The owner was friendly. The price is right. The rooms are clean! Nice no frills place to stay. I'd stay here again.

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

IN THE MORNING THEY WERE KNOCKING ON DOOR AT 9 TO SEE IF I WAS LEAVING I HAVE UNTIL 11 FOR CHECK OUT THEY WHERE SITTING OUT SIDE MY ROOM WAITING FOR ME TO LEAVE I FELT RUSHED TO GET OUT

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Towels were on the small side; I'm not very large.

Room was recently updated - very nice. It will take awhile for owners to finish exterior. Excellent mint chocolate smell when you enter the rooms.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

The Easiness of this hotel is bar none! parking was a breeze, but we arrive at 5pm daily... Amazing Breakfast restaurant across the street. Great value for our buck! Incredibly sweet staff! Pete, the manager, makes sure all patrons are well situated & comfortable. Very professional, kind & attentive staff.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Key card stopped working multiple times. Front desk guy was kinda weird when my friend and I first checked in. Elevator was sketchy. The ac wasn't really working half the time.

Easy access to the beach. Large room and bath for low price.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

The answering of the phone when called front desk. Also the parking lot is small and gets full after 7pm so if you leave during or before that time frame then count on having not having a actual parking spot.

There was not really a big breakfast option but being that we got a room with kitchen we basically cooked our own breakfast.

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

The 1st floor rooms do not have a clear view of the beach. When I come back i'll request 2nd or 3rd floor for a better View.

Large spacious room. Comfy bed. Full kitchen with everything needed to cook.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

We spent a lot of time in the pool there for had to take lots of showers only had 2 towels & face clothes. Had to keep going back and forth asking for towels. Towels weren't clean, found several long hairs on towels. Beds wore not so comfortable.

I really liked the location of the property! Nice remodel of the inside of the room.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

More dinning in the area. Photos of rooms need to be more specific in detail online .

The room was very clean, the walk to the beach was a short distance. Friendly people and the staff was very polite an friendly. Would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

No breakfast but awesome motel. Completely remodeled rooms. 3 story motel at 100 dollars a night in between 2 hotels that you over pay 400 to 600 a night for the same room. I give it 9 out of 10 stars.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The housekeepers were knocking at my door at 10:00 am to clean the room. Checkout wasn't until 11:00 am. Maybe better communication between front desk and housekeeping to make sure guest has checked out before trying to come into the room.

Great little hotel! Good location, clean, friendly and helpful staff!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Door not sealed, so lots of outside noise. Not the fault of hotel but rude people letting their dogs bark constantly.

Clean modern room. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was a basic box spring. It was very uncomfortable. The outside appearance is not pleasing but the rooms are nice so no big deal.

The beach is your back yard. There is a great breakfast spot across the street. Can't beat the price and the rooms are remodeled.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

A continental breakfast would have been nice.

We had a little problem with noisy neighbors in our first room,so management graciously moved us to a quieter room. This room had a Jacuzzi tub and a terrific view of the ocean.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

There wasn't much room for my friend and I to get ready. There was only one mirror which was in the bathroom. Would have liked a full length mirror to give some more space.

It was a little sketchy pulling up outside but the room was beautiful. I'm guessing it was recently remodeled because everything looked up-to-date and was also very clean. The staff was nice too.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Partial Ocean View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing that I didn't like about the hotel was that the stair railings were very dirty and left my hands with a gross residue after touching them. The location is great if all you're interested in is the beach, but it's about five miles away from the boardwalk and shopping, etc. If you want to do touristy things, maybe choose somewhere closer.

The staff are friendly and helpful without being intrusive or annoying. The first night we were there, the wind was a little high and the gutter vibrated against the wall all night. A maintenance worker was outside at sunrise repairing it and we had no more trouble after that. It's a great hotel!

Browse Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn traveller photo gallery