Reviews of SoFi Beach Hotel

6.0

5.3

6.2

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Small criticisms, Staff could be friendlier, and beds could do with upgrading.

The location of this property is ideal. And the room was quite large. Typical hostel standards

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The rooms were way too warm (not airflow for the airconditioning), there was no 'free breakfast', a hostel with no kitchen facilities was pretty poor and no atmosphere.

I loved the location and the one guy at check-in was super helpful.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

They said they don't have breakfast anymore and that's something that they should to tell us before our trip because we were with limited money and that made us changed almost everything in our trip.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

poor breakfast, bad education staff, worst bed with super thin mattresses, cockroaches for all hostel, the kitchen doesnt have knifes and no stove! after 10pm you cant stand in front hostel just in or far away but not in front they are really bad education! you arrive in hostel and papers "do this and this or you will be KICK off this hostel" they refuse your packages from post office if you send something for the address! i always go to miami and believe this is the WORST HOSTEL YOU CAN STAY!!!!!!!!

the location is good

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Personal was rude. The place was dirty. I couldn't warm by food on the kitchet because the roaches came out of the oven and everything.They close the patio at 10 pm and don't even let you stay on the street outside. Gross

Horrible. I would not come back

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The worst customer service! Everywhere is stink. They turn off ac. Cockroaches still run around! Terrible beds. So small and light. Need new pillows. Need new manager!!!

The good location in the nice neighborhood and very close to the beach!

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Staff has attitude, unfriendly considering its mostly foreigners checking in. The beds are so tiny and the bunks of very very low quality - it's a thin frame which means it moves as you move or the next person. Toilets don't get cleaned, only one available per dorm - so waiting takes forever. Rooms aren't cleaned often. You get one thin sheet to cover you at night - air flow nonexistent within rooms. Was beyond average.

The location was great

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

location is perfect. close to the beach, restaurants, stores. Staff is very nice. First i booked by mistake place in mixed room and i didn`t feel comfortable, but they helped me and change my room to a female one, what was more comfortable for me.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff at moments was very arrogant and little helpful. The property is quite clean, the price is above the average of the hostels to Miami. Remember to anyone who is on the desk, to be more courteous, especially in the morning and afternoon.

Nice ladies who prepare breakfast, clean bathrooms and great and working showers.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The location is prime, staff are friendly, room was very clean when I arrived, what more could you want for such a price. The bathroom was very nice (the shower especially), which was surprising since my previous stays at other hostels have proven to be difficult when it comes to showers. I didn't try the breakfast but you're probably better off finding a nice local meal. I had a great time and would definitely stay there again in the future.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Front desk unfriendly and rude, took inside heroine junkie, who throw up on a guy a bed under. Unsafe environment. Attitude to the customers totally bad. Probably the worst atmosphere hostel I had ever been. Staff member started to scream inside the room on some guy who took the wrong bed. It was midnight. Woke up everybody. Wouldn't recommend the place to anyone.

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The beds are so small, very shaky, and very light! The matresses are very thin. The pillows are so old, dirty, and flat. They don't have to update all the rooms because most rooms are empty anyway. The rooms are very small for 8 beds, so if they take out 2 beds, then the room can be more spacious. The lobby ,hallway, and kitchen smell bad because the air conditioners are off!!!!!! They turn on the music in the lobby very loud, but television's volume is off. They should move tv from lobby to kitchen! There is no wifi in the room at all. The price is very expensive! If the price is cheaper or average, more people will come stay!!!!! There are many hostels better and cheaper. I just give a feedback, so you have some idea to make it better. You don't have to post my review.

The best shower head in all hostels on Miami Beach!!! Very nice bathroom! Two nice sinks outside the bathroom are very convenient!

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

When I got there, they could not find the booking.com reservation, even though I provided the confirmation code and email with my name. I do not know why, and who's fault this was. Then the attendant wanted to cancel it and book it again, and charge me more on top of that! Even though he wasn't all that terrible, he was being impatient as well as quite rude. At one point he said that there are many other hostels were I could stay, if I didn't agree to pay more... In the end, I reasoned with him that it would neither be fair to raise the price, nor to turn me away just like that, when I expected to be accommodated, with my booking. I had been travelling all day, and needed the rest so much. So he finally recognised my point of view, and he booked me again at the original (agreed) price from the online reservation. So, we did work it out, though I came to the conclusion that the person should not be in the service industry. The rest of the staff, (with one exception), was not particularly friendly. They were unexplicably dry in their treatment of others; I witnessed this in a few more instances. So I know I wasn't the only one who received poor treatment. It seemed that possibly, the behaviour trickled down from the management, etc. One thing I was not keen on, was the fact that they had very limited hours to do the laundry: from 5PM to 11PM. I had arrived to the hostel very nackered, after 11PM, and checked out the next day at 10AM. So could not use the laundry at all. But this was not so bad. The worst thing, is that for the "included breakfast", we got some awful pancakes, with the kind of processed unhealthy syrup that has no resemblance to actual maple syrup. Okay. The only other choice was: a small bowl of instant oats, where I was expected to just add hot water. The coffee was undrinkable or below par. The choice for tea was not very good either. There was no fruit, no juice...

The rooms were okay, quite standard for a hostel... The location is truly awesome

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Paying for parking wasn’t the best. The option for a same sex room versus a co-Ed room would’ve been nice. The shower was awful: it took forever to warm up and had no pressure. Some staff members had attitudes but only to people who were giving them a hard time, but still, professionalism.

The pancakes served in the morning were amazing! Very close to the beach, which was awesome. I met a lot of different, new people, so that was cool.

Need a better color inside the walls, rooms, solid color towels look more fabulous and the pillow more big for more comfort to sleep.

Was very easy to find. Is located very near to beaches, restaurant and shopping store. Good space in bath, rooms and lobby.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

1. I understand that hostel is one of the cheapest ones, but there are some rules. First of all bugs- everyday you could experience a new bug - bed bugs, cockroach and all kinds that I've never seen. They are everywhere - kitchen, your bed, shower. 2. Rooms - I had a 12 beds room - the worst decision ever. I was the only girl and 11 guys. Stinky, some guys were even aggressive (there was an incident with a police). We all had to change a room because a shower tiles fell and they moved us to even tinier room. no AC in this room as well, just one window to open. I asked to change the room - I was willing to pay more money for a 4 beds room- they said no, because I booked it on booking. AWESOME. 3. They are very smart with an option of "non refundable" money after making a reservation. I had to stay there because I would loose money that I paid. 4. People who work there are not the nicest one - not all of them but most of - they have a problem with everything and some of them barely speak english - which I don't judge cause I don't know english perfectly, but it caused so many troubles because they told us something which wasn't true after all just because they didn't understand. 5. Hostel is just DIRTY - everywhere! kitchen is disgusting, rooms stinky, I don't have to mention the shower. gross. 6. Every day I had to go to the lobby and ask to reactivate my key because it wouldn't work. There is so much I could write about, but there is only one thing I want to say - DO NOT CHOOSE THAT HOSTEL! I HOPE THEY WILL CLOSE IT SOON.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Robbed while I slept with my bag next to my head in #204. Reception said there’s nothing they can do. Police were called because of death threats between 2 guests. Someone thought it was funny to let the fire alarm off at 5am. Guests rolling joints in rooms. Had to keep resetting room key. #210 had tiles falling off the walls in their bathroom so guests were all moved to our room. With 9 guys and 2 girls, made for a symphony of snoring. It smelt like feet. I had to keep the window open for air but smokers directly under the window as it is Jazz front door. When I asked for a blanket I had to give them my ID. The window also doesn’t close. The noise between 3-4am from the street of people walking home echoes into the room. I checked out a night early and booked into a hotel. They wouldn’t give me a refund for my last night. No hot water in kitchen. Staff unbelievably rude and poor English, couldn’t get any information and no introduction when checking in. Shower had no pressure and you had to turn on the water and come back 2 mins later to wait for any hot water to dribble out.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Rude staff who snarl at you. No jug or hot water in the kitchen. When I asked the staff, how does everyone wash up so it’s sterilised, she pointed to the soap. I’m surprised guests don’t get sick. No working bathroom in the common area “out of order” which looked like it had been there forever. I was able to use the staff bathroom but no toilet paper and smelt grose. Reception had very poor English and I was given no introduction, I felt like I was asking a few questions which was annoying him. I had to get the door card reset 7 times for room 210. I couldn’t enter the room even though the card was never stored near my cell phone. The guy with me had the same problem in his room key next door. Everyone was complaining. It is the worst place I have EVER stayed in. Don’t stay here!! Unfriendliness staff who are very unhappy. Bathrooms had long black hair. Police were called because of death threats between 2 guests and then they were moved to our room. Weed in rooms. Hardly any points to charge phones in room. Mattresses plastic and uncomfortable.

Coffee and pancakes in the morning.

See above.

FULL OF ROCHES. The beds are very thin they hurt the back. Some of the staff was incredibly rude, like they take JOY in the way they treat Guests.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

i've spoke with 3 guys at the reception: the first one didn't tell me that there was a kitchen and that i can ask for a towel every 2 days. The second one, a girl, was really terrible. Rude, loutish, without a minimun of kindness. the third one was adorable. Rooms are too little for all that beds and so there are many rumors, people that snore and smells. This is a problem also for the cleaning of the bathroom or the showers. ok, is an hostel but you can have hostels with 5 beds and hostel with 12 beds. Breakfast was only coffee and a pumcake or cereals.

price: really cheap. location: perfect if u want to go to the beach nothing else.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The computer of the hostel was offline, the checkin should be at 15:00h but because of the problem with the internet, we couldn’t checkin or let our luggage in the luggage storage. The atendant wanted money to let things in the luggage storage. This is wrong, if the computer was offline, that wasn’t our fault, we should have the option to let luggage until we can put our things in the room. Then, this created a problem.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Male dorm rooms are unattractive to me. However, when initially booked, the room type selected could have been an oversight.

Male desk officer was cordial and professional.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The only plus was the proximity to the beach.

Should be the local homeless shelter. The energy felt like a morgue experience, female staff had no personality nor interaction with guests. Couldn't enjoy a cup of coffee until 9 am.daily breakfast was a joke. Had to leave ID for a blanket for a cold dorm room,pay for slow guest internet. Lobby furniture very uncomfortable.the worst issue was the kitchen,could not prepare a meal,no stove and not ONE utensil to even prepare something to eat. For crying out lou spend 50bucks at a dollar store and stock it up. It's that simple.

Staff was very unfriendly, snapping at us for anything, including leaning my head back on a seat with my eyes closed ( You are not allowed to sleep in the lobby!!! I had puffy eyes and was trying to get that puffiness down... It was 6 in the morning and I had my luggage next to me as I was checking out) . Bed covers were paper thin, pillow was grey-white... Bathroom was decently clean but cramped.

Locatiom

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

No WiFi in the rooms, breakfast was awful. They have more rules than amenities. To get a blanket they ask for your ID. Bathroom is a closet. Very few outlets. They charge a fortune for computer use.

Very disappointing hostel.

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The manager ang girl who works there are unbelievably rude and when u ask a question they dont even answer, because they busy talking with their friends on the phone other staff was really nice but because of these two people I wouldn’t recommend to stay there

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

THE STAFF IN THE MORNING IS NOT REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE...

THE STAFF IS VERY BAD AND ALWAYS UPSET MORE IN THE MORNING IN ANOTHER TIME THEY ARE MORE NICE...

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The beds/mattresses were completely unacceptable. No safety rail on upper bunk and the mattresses were so poor the moment you lay on them you can feel the bars from the bed. Place smelt like mould which you could see in the vents. Staff did the bare minimum to be helpful and even witnessed some other guests being spoken to rudely when the staff member was very much being lazy and in the wrong.

not much

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The management in that hostel is the worst, They only care about getting money from you, they don't care about you as a customer if you happy if you having a good time, they only care about the money and charging $15 Fee after 20-30 min pass 11 Am even when you told them at check in that you will extend the stay they said yes is fine and than they charged the fee. Horrible everything besides money is irrelevant to them. No customer service at all ! They only care about Money Money Money. They treat Huesped like nothing, I don't recommend this place to anybody, I know is cheap but is not worth it to have a bad experience on your vacation to saved few dollars, keep away from this place !

Location is ok

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The management , the manger and the African lady!

The manager is rude, they accept cash and when a customer happens to want a refund, they refuse to give it back in cash. This situation has happened to me, I paid in cash, I decided to cancel and I was meant to get $43.42 in cash, instead the manager refunded me on my card , I just hope that I will get my money back but for sure I won't be staying at this property anymore! There is an African lady who works there in the morning who never has a smile on her face! Looks like the world owes a favour, very unpleasant! The way stuff greats guests goes like this ( what's up man? ) Booking.com should really pay a special attention to this property as they are super rude and treat their customers like a number and in a rude way !

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The staff are moody, breakfast is pancake with sirup. When we paid the daily parking fee the staff recommend the chepest parking place, but why they didn't help before... We slept in a 8 beds room and we can't sleep, because we heard the whole night some kind of noise (like a washing machine noise).

The accomodation is really close to South Beach, just 2 streets distance. It was really easy to find this place and we found the parking place next to the hostel (expensive but there is). The hostel is open at down too, you can logout every time before 11 am.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The beds were not very comfortable. In addition to that, it was to cold in the room during the night.

Location was really near by to public transportation and the beach. I really enjoyed the staying grace to friendly staff and the short distance to the beach. I recommend this place to young generation of people!

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Majority of the staff are rude and unfriendly, just didn't seem to care. Room was horrible - overcrowded and stunk of BO, could do with some ventilation. Shower room was very unclean - covered in sand and hair and didn't seem to get cleaned. Generally there was a miserable and unwelcoming vibe in the air. Just a pretty unpleasant stay, would not come back!

One staff member was really nice, pancakes were also good in the morning.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

I waited for over 15 mins for a staff member to return to the front desk at check in. Another guest trying to check in had to call the front desk number for someone to come out. The linens, towel included were dirty with visible stains and the staff refused to swap it out. The bottom bunk was empty and I was told the beds are assigned and couldn't be switched. I was also informed that there's a fee for sleeping in the "wrong bed"...no one else was checked in... Staff isn't trained in customer service, it isn't clean but location/price is perfect. You get what you pay for. :/

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

First, this is a really dirty place, there are cockroaches in the rooms and in the "kitchen". Second,on our first night we asked to extend our stay in the hotel, because we are backpackers and didn't want to move to another hotel for our last night. They told us it's o.k. the day after, we came back to the hostel at 10 p.m. after a long day, and noticed that someone took our bed and moved all of our stuff. At the end, they succeed to manage that and brought us a bed. Last but not least, when we did check-out, we asked them to put our bags in a storage room, they told us it's 4 dollars each bag. I have to say, that it's the first time I was asked to pay on such a thing, and I travel for 3 months already. So, for us it's been the worst hostel in our trip, it's really not the place to meet people and not the place to find parties like Miami Beach needs to be.

The staff is very kind, they let an homeless man to stay at the loby at night.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The whole staff is unwelcoming ,especially the black beard guy ,think is arab from the accent and he can barely speak english ,nor spanish ,and completely uncooperative ,and socially incapable,think This guy doesn't have to work in this facility ,and in this industry totally. He assigned me a bed ,which linens was already used by another person sleeping in the bed ,and at my request to change linens or bed ,he told me he ' ll be fixing the problem later, but it never happened ,and him talking to a couple of guys not customer for two hours ,and having problems with other customers meanwhile.So I decided to wait the nightshift guy who fixed the problem ,and I reported to him that Iwas waiting from 8.30pm until the problem was solved at midnight. This situation has to come to an end ,and managing that not comply with decent service has to put out of the market ,along with bad operators,and staff.Place undecent, old ,smelly ,and small rooms overpacked with bed.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

i do not won't to write long review but the web do not have a way to get in the top bunkbed a man was over weight and he had to almost kill his self. this is a major problem. also the people are always in from t of the location smoking and talking a bout crazy stuff. i would not like to say at this location for free.

the location.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I didn't like the shower and the restroom who was dirty if you awake late cause there's a lot of people in the rooms and only one restroom for sometimes 12 beds.

This an hostel so you can't expect a 5 stars, but for the price it was good and really chip compare the other place in south beach!!.. and they offer the breakfast, the girl was so friendly and really nice! Thanks

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Prepare to get no sleep. They give you one towel for your stay and a very thin sheet to sleep with. The bathroom is disgusting and smelly as it's being shared with everyone else in the room (10 people). Roommates walk in and out at all hours of the night turning on lights and making noise. There is one public bathroom on the first floor that I used often- it is cleaner and more private but still has cockroaches. Breakfast is DISGUSTING: pancakes and oatmeal but the pancakes were never fully cooked. This is not a place for kids or the elderly or faint of heart. Loud music with curse words constantly played in the lounge and people were smoking weed in the rooms. The room key stopped working for everyone every few days so they would either have to pound on the door to be let in or get a new key. I suggest bringing headphones and listening to white noise at night to sleep.

Awesome location. Theres a parking ramp two blocks away you can park at for a a dollar an hour called 7th street garage.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

When i arrived, they changed my room to a one with only man and lots of snoring... difficult to sleep. The guy from the reception should not change the room already asigned.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The whole place is a piece of trash with a bad element staff let's hang around.

There was WiFi but only in the lobby. This was by far the dirtiest property I have ever stayed at. And the employees all need to be fired because they are very rude and when you ask a question, you are bothering them as they are always playing on their phones. But the two pancakes we're decent!

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

1) Air conditioner was so close to my bed, that I had to use towel like a second blanket. 2) I had a lot of roommates in my room and they were noisy (I expected it, because it's a hostel).

It's the cheapest hostel. I liked this price.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

At check in my friend wasn't there because her flight got cancelled. I booked for the two of us and they told me that they won't check me in without her. I arrived at 10pm and had to wait in the common rooms for the manager. He arrived around midnight. Issue was then resolved but it made me really frustrated. Toilet gets cleaned but not the shower nor the floors. That's pretty nasty considering sleeping with a bunch of people in a room.

The location is pretty convenient. Only one block from the beach where also restaurants and bars are.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

However the have a good attitude, not always the solution of issues was what I expected. I had a trouble related to a reservation, which Booking had to solve it, cause the hostel did not take action about it. I read it before, always pancakes for breakfast. In the dorm rooms there´s no separated lights, or individual curtains for each bed. So the privacy is poor and is very easy to bother other guests.

The attitude of the staff to solve inconveniences was OK. As for the Hostel in general, it may be more comfortable. Their facilities are just normal.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Terrible staff, pancakes for breakfast was made of paste only, for the cereal there wasn't any milk.

Nothing. I would suggest for the owner of this place to hire a better personal, clean up all the mess and have a better hostel with more customers.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There are bedbugs in multiple rooms. I have over 50 bites, stayed there 4 days. First in room 210 then 204 then 209. 109 has them as well. Be careful. Lock your stuff

You can't talk passed 10 pm. You have to be quiet. Patio closes at 10 pm. Tv turns off at 11 pm. Dead

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Just hope you don't have dirty roommates

Everything was walking distance (2-3 mins) bed did not have bed bugs they actually had bed bugs covers so that they won't get bed bugs the cleaning lady came in to clean every day

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Toiletries and towels were not provided. conjusted rooms, lobby and galleries. no options for breakfast & very small amount, parking not available

Location of the property

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Cockroaches, closing the kitchen at 11, not being able to drink after 10 in the hostel, the nightshift dude is rude to everyone... to name just few

The cubanas housekeepers were awesome and so was the Egyptian guy. I appreciated that the 12 dorms are in separate rooms, technically it's a 6 dormitory room.

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Only 1 staff member was really nice and helpful, others would barely speak to you and sometimes just ignored you... Kitchen and laundry room are not available all the time, and the information was not given upon check-in... So the first evening, as we came late, we couldn't use the ktichen to eat... And if, you ask the night staff to retrieve one of your personal item from the fridge in the kitchen, they refuse to open the kitchen for you leaving you to wait until 08.00AM... Cleaness is not a priority... linen were clean and room somehow clean but the common space can us more cleaning! Breakfast is poor... only coffee/tea, a small cup of oatmeal and 2pancakes. No milk, no bread, no fruit, no juice, no jam/butter/peanut butter... it is ok for 1-2 days but any longer, you need to buy your own breakfast item and remenber kitchen is not available all the time...

Loction! Only 5mn from Ocean Drive and its beach. Walk-in distance from pharmacy, restaurants, grocerie store and public transportation.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

-4 $ for keeping your stuff after check out. -Rude and aggressive staff. -Kitchen closed after 11 pm. -2$ for printing boarding pass. -Staff coming to rooms without permission and asking personal questions. -Staff very aggressive in talking to clients. I saw the staff entered the room and implied to a guy in a very aggressive way and thread him that he will kick him off. -Staff stole my food from the kitchen, I saw my staff in his bag when he was going home! -Staff thread the client if he doesn't clean the kitchen, he will kick him off. -There is an Arabic staff who is very rude and intrusive.

-large lobby - some breakfast: coffee, pancake. -free towel.

Just lockation

This hostel is very dirty.Refrigerator smells worth then garbig. Only a manager Ray is frendly. The person which name is Hasan was was extremely rood. Nobody teached him haw to commmunicate with forainer tourists.never say sorry for his mistakes. The electronic key always blocked.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The cleaners didn't do a good job of cleaning the room. I couldn't get my beer in the kitchen fridge, the kitchen was locked. To be fair this is stipulated in the rules, I didn't read that far along (I still think it's lame).

It is very affordable for students. A promoter took to a nice club called Liv, had some drinks and made new friends for an hour.

Staff

Hostel staff are very rude and racist they behaved me very bad and unacceptable because of reservation with booking.Com that's why I won't book hotel by your site.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff is not really attentive. Wifi does not work in the kitchen.

Its probably the cheapest hostel in downtown Miami. The standard is not the worst, but its also not too good.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The kitchen did not have an oven. Also, the beds were terrible. My back is still recovering

The room was very clean. Most hostel's room leave a lot to be desired but jazz had a very clean room. I also liked how they have the shower, toilet and sink in different rooms.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The room was really noise because of the A/C; the wall beside me was literally vibrating because of the fan. The washroom was not cleaned often enlough and the vapor of the shower ended all up in the room.

The staff is goood. It's 5 min walking from the beach and 5 min walking from the Airport Shutle stop. The bathroom is shared just with your roommates and there is a reallyusufull Sink and a mirror outside the washroom

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Hostel has great localisation very close to the beach. It was clean however they were still finishing it. Wi-fi Could be available also in the rooms ;)

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The staff was extremely rude and I was overcharged for the room. When I asked for assistance to sort this out, the man at the front desk said he could not do anything.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff were extremely arrogant and rude. The worst customer service I have ever experienced at a hostel. Upon arrival they would not accept national ID or international drivers license. I left to collect my passport from a friend in Miami and when I got back the receptionist Daniel said my reservation was cancelled due to a problem with my card, of which I was never informed. Reluctantly they offered me another bed $25 more expensive. I moved the next day after they told me I could not remain on the property after the 11am checkout while I was considering my options. I understand policy but I can't accept the manner in which I was spoken to. The popularity of the hostel has obviously made basic customer service redundant

The hostel is well located

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The pancakes were bitty and there was no fresh milk, and the beds and pillows were very uncomfortable and rooms were very cold with only a thin sheet to keep you warm!

Location location location

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The man at the front desk was extremely impatient and rude. My key didn't work twice. When he finally gave me a key that worked he turned on the lights and talked loudly to show me my room even though three people were trying to sleep and it was 11 at night. The sheets were dirty and the floor was covered in sand. The bathroom would automatically turn on both the light and fan when you turned on the light switch, which was very loud and would wake up guests. I probably got three hours of sleep that night because of all the disturbances. The free breakfast was disgusting, undercooked pancakes and coffee with powder creamer. I was supposed to spend six nights here but immediately found an Airbnb that was much better.

The location right next to the beach was great

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Opposite to the description, there was no wifi in the rooms but only in the hall. No problem with that, I just think it should be clear from the start. Problems with my door that wouldn't unlock when I used my key and nobody did anything about it.

the best location central yet remote enough from the big Miami bustle. Just 1 block away from the beach, clean room and bathroom, very friendly staff. Loved the pancakes in the morning and the kitchen appliances at common disposal.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I had One of my best experience in the hostel. The staff where very friendly with my and the other guests. I felt really good and it felt like a home.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I was not a beggar, I was paying for my stay, and yet I was treated in a way that was totally unacceptable by two employees working there. One arrives tired at a hostel, and hoping to be well received, but then the opposite happens: Julio was impolite and unfriendly to me for no reason, showing unwillingness while making my check-in. As well as Nancy, the lady who cleans the place and also makes the pancakes for breakfast - she was so rude that the best part of my day (breaksfast) turned out to be the worst part, because of her bad mood and extreme bad manners, for no reason (the opposite of sweet Maria). Was it because of my nationality? (I'm from Chile). I really don't understand it, because I was always polite to both but they treated me bad since I arrived, until the last day of my stay (and I saw them being nice to other guests, but me). I really don't care anymore. All I know is that I will definitely not coming back to this place again, ever. Cockroaches in the kitchen and rooms, awful beds (mattress), fines were charged for anything (unnecessarily), internet never worked (much less in the room). I only didn't run out because of Assem, Fernando, Maria and Ray, the only ones who treated me with respect and in a friendly way.

The only thing I liked in this hostel were the only people working there who were very nice to me: Assem and Fernando mainly, and Maria and Ray as well. Assem and Fernando made my stay there less unbearable, they were friendly and nice all the time, always helping me with everything I needed. Thanks guys!

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

staff treats you horrible! some one stilled my external battery and my food and my drinks and the staff never tried to help, they have an awful attitude and i told that to the manager and he got in a argument with me instead of apologizing for the way i was treated, worst place to stay they have Manny complains about the same problem i will never ever stay here again.

close to the beach

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Non English speaking staff and unfriendly. Kitchen microwave having lots insects. Toilet are so dirty. Night staff, when we check in was so rough and he donot known smile

Pan cake

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

They kept me waiting and did not consider me for the early check in.

The price and good place for somebody wanting to spend time around the beach. Very near to bus stops where the buses take you to Downtown and Airport.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very rude,lazy and very unhelpful staff,especially the manager! The internet wasn't working at all! There was no hot water! Charged me15$ for checking out of my room 15mins after I was supposed to! Me and my friends are really disappointed and would never visit this hostel again.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bed could use a pillow top cover and a blanket as the room gets pretty chilly at night with the ac on.

Overall everything from the staff, customer service and the quietness at night.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Jazz hostel has the best location, staff is really nice and friendly, awesome people! perfect for traveling alone or with friends, above and beyond for a price that low!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The selection of a top bunk or bottom.

The breakfast was great. The greetings from the staff. Meeting new friends. Different cultures. I would tell a friend about Jazz.

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

A few ciggarette butts outside of the concrete fence.

While I was there, I had the room all to myself.

Staff unfriendly