2. USA hotel reviews
  3. Alabama hotel reviews
  4. Auburn hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of The Hotel at Auburn University

Reviews of The Hotel at Auburn University This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

241 South College Street , Auburn, AL 36830, United States of America

#2 of 15 hotels in Auburn

9.7

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Amazing!!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was hands down the best!! Every staff member was so friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay special!! The rooms were so clean and comfortable!! And the food was delicious!! Would 15/10 recommend!!!

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

Anytime we come to Auburn and can get a reservation in your very busy hotel, we are thrilled!
    • Executive Double Room

Absolutely everything was perfect.

The rooms are so nice and clean. All the staff are so helpful and pleasant. This is our favorite hotel! (daughter goes to Auburn). Concierge level is so nice!

• Reviewed: December 18, 2018

See above
    • Superior King Room

Was not told I was staying in handicap accessible room—VERY low bed, handrails around tub impeded the shower spigot so water wasn’t as hot as possible. Not good.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Front desk personnel, waitress in restaurant and valet...
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk personnel, waitress in restaurant and valet parking attendant were all very attentive. Hotel and accomodations are nice. Good location close to AU campus.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

Perfect accommodations for what I needed.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I cannot think of anything better unless I didn’t have to pay at all!😜

I booked online because I was on hold way too long waiting for someone to answer at the actual hotel. The online process with booking.com was seamless.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

location is good, staff is friendly. hardware need to improve.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the air-con system, super noisy, The breakfast not much choice, food is no good. But the other food is ok. The hair dryer super noisy. The shower the water pressure not enough, run so slow. The sliding door of the toilet, repaired once, but the next day is the same, need to slide very hard. the rail has problem. The aroma once stepped into the lobby too strong. nose allergy has big problem.

the bed is comfort. The toilet counter top, can install a shelf/ layer near the mirror to create more space to put my skin care cosmetics etc.... the enviroment is spacious and clean and new in decore the lobby and conference centre.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Disappointed!
    • Superior King Room

Parking was awful. Staff at entrance handling parking were inept. Room was outdated although the bed was excellent. Room just wasn’t worth the cost. Will definitely stay somewhere else next time.

Bed was comfortable. Location was excellent.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Not Happy. My glasses are gone.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Valet - I left my prescription sunglasses in middle console the evening before. Glasses were missing when valet retrieved my car the following morning.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

Wonderful restaurant on site!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Walls very thin or not insulated so our puppy heard everything and made him antsy as a result. Do not recommend if your pet may bark or whine when going in the kennel for a bit.

Wonderful restaurant on site!

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Ah, the flagship hotel of Auburn, Alabama.
    • Superior King Room

It's not the cheapest place you'll ever stay.

Ah, the flagship hotel of Auburn, Alabama. The decor style is "old luxury," and it's not the newest building around, but you sure do feel like a bigshot staying here. It's also right in the middle of everything -- no rental car needed if staying at this property. Everyone who has any connection to Auburn University should stay here at least once!

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Left room one morning around 10:30 am.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Left room one morning around 10:30 am. Got back to room at 11:00 p.m. Room had not been made up and no clean towels or clean cups and no coffee. Told front desk next morning and they said ok thanks for telling us.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

The management mishandled the situation and made it worse by lying about it.
    • Executive Suite

I booked a larger room to accommodate three adults and two dogs. When checking in, the receptionist didn't say anything about my room being downgraded. When I got to the room I realized I was given two double beds instead of the suite I booked more than a month in advance. I returned to the front desk to ask for the room I booked. I was told that I had been downgraded to a smaller room, but don't worry because I was not being charged for the bigger room. I responded by saying I needed the larger room to accommodate the size of my party. Then, the manager come out and said the room I booked had mechanical issues. I asked to see the room because the mechanical issues my not be so bad that I may still want to stay in the room for the extra space. He refused likely because the room was just given to someone else and no mechanical issues existed. So, three adults and two dogs were stuffed in a room designed for two people at best.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Overall, like be the location to the University.
    • Executive Double Room

During our stay there was a problem with the elevator. It made a lot of nose. The cable wires were being worked on. At night they would close this elevator (there are two), but it would start up early in the morning to accommodate the guests. It was very disruptive especially early in the morning, especially if you didn’t need to be up 5:30-6:00AM in the morning. I would go back to the hotel but if this issue wasn’t fixed I would request to speak to a manager rather the staff at the front desk.

Overall, like be the location to the University. It’s clean, staff is wonderful.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

I will stay again only for the convenience to the University
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk getting hit by cold air every time door opens. Room was not replenished either morning. Staff seemed a little unresponsive to my needs. To go order was missing food and had no silverware or napkins.

Loved the food and atmosphere of dining room. Loved the gym as well

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

It was an enjoyable experience.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I personally prefer pillows that are a little more dense.

The staff was very polite, professional, and displayed a happy attitude. The rooms and beds were very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

great location, walking distance to many restaurants
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

air conditioning really loud, couldn't sleep with it and had to turn it off and the room was too hot to sleep so a bad night's sleep.

great location, walking distance to many restaurants

• Reviewed: October 6, 2017

We loved it and will plan to stay again.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was ok but there were a lot of guests so it was understandable. C

Room was very good, staff was excellent, location was excellent and the food was very good.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

Amazing experience during a difficult time.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to evacuate in preparation for hurricane Irma. The Hotel was amazing and VERY pet friendly. Everyone was incredible nice and willing to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The restaurant was delicious!!

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

I have stayed in properties with fewer stars that were much more comfortable for less money.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast buffet was way too pricey. The bed was very uncomfortable. The inner springs creaked and squeaked when you moved.

The staff was amazing and gracious!

• Reviewed: August 4, 2017

Best Hotel in Auburn and fantastic Location!!

Cant think of a thing!

Location Location Location...Staff professional, friendly and very accommodating of our needs. We visit our son who is in his 2nd year of Med. School at VCOM-Auburn. We did try one of the other hotels in the area about 2 1/2 years ago but a neighbor here in Ormond Beach told us about The Hotel at Auburn University and we will only book here. Comfortable and a nice up grade from the local motels in the area. All of the staff members whether the valet, coffee shop, front desk or the restaurant is more than happy to be there to make your stay enjoyable. Its worth the price!!

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

Great Stay
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were 2 double beds and not too much room to move around.

Location location location. We were there to tour the University. We were able to park the car and walk across to the school, walk down the street for lunch and shopping, then back to the hotel. The staff was absolutely wonderful. Our room wasn't ready so they stored our bags and had them waiting in our room when we returned. When we left, the young man helped us get our bags to the car in the parking lot and loaded the car. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2017

Great location and staff wasvreally friendly.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was a little hard due to construction

Great location and staff wasvreally friendly. They are under construction so that was a little inconvenient but overall a great experience.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2017

Lovely location for those who love to walk!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Construction going on in front of hotel and parking, luggage drop off a mess. We survived and the front entrance should be completed in the next week or two.

They have a nice restaurant on the property. A liitle pricey but the menu is diverse.We were waited on by Mathew he is excellent. He helped guide us thru the chefs new summer menu and was extremely attentive. Rooms are very warm and inviting. Beds comfortable, Quality linens. Hotel is within a short walking distance to downtown Auburn.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2017

Not enough bang for your buck.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom wasn't clean, the toilet didn't work, floors throughout room were kind of gross, overcharged for room after checkout.

Staff was nice, onsite food options were good, parking was easy, bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2017

Memorable stay in Auburn! War Eagle!
    • Superior King Room

The staff is exceptionally friendly and the property is very well maintained. Perfect location. I love the historic photos adorning the walls throughout the hotel. War Eagle!

• Reviewed: April 19, 2017

Loveliest hotel on the plains. Book a room with a view of the campus. A real treat.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We really enjoyed our stay at The Hotel and hardly have anything to comment on. We would have liked to see healthier breakfast options offered (i.e. wider selection of fresh fruits, yogurts and mixed nuts, more fresh cut whole grain breads). The scrambled eggs were slightly overcooked in my opinion - I like my scrambled eggs runny. Otherwise, the egg station is a winner with wide variety of ingredients to go in your omelette.

Hotel is conveniently located across from Samford Hall. Downtown shops and restaurants are just a stone throw away. Very clean and comfortable lobby which invites you to make yourself at home and relax. We appreciated the complimentary chilled lemon water upon our arrival. The Hotel staff is very professional and friendly. Everyone one we encountered during our stay greeted us with a smile and a warm welcoming "hello". The suites on the 6th floor are very spacious and had all the amenities and modern electronics. Perfect for parents travelling with two toddlers and definitely worth every penny. We loved our stay at The Hotel and would go back in a heart beat.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

Perfect location for campus tour at Auburn.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Perfect location for campus tour at Auburn. The pool was a wonderful addition! Beautiful weather and glad to relax outside. Loved that is was close to the quaint town.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2017

The 9 out of 10 Stay
    • Superior King Room

The pillows were old and terrible. We could of slept better on a sac full of laundry.

Staff was excellent!! Everyone I had an encounter with or passed by. Venue was clean and accommodating. Live jazz in the lobby. Room was clean, nice view, great tv, coffee maker, fridge freezer and microwave. All toiletries were quality and checkout is at noon. Shower was huge.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2017

Great Hotel but Portico needs to be Finished!
    • Superior King Room

hard to get the wifi to work. had to change rooms. Did NOT like how I had to walk in the rain due to the portico being worked on. A covering is needed from where the valet stands to the entrance.

I like the framed pictures of Auburn in the old days the best. My check in person was very nice.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2017

• Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Mold in shower grout/tub, mold covering shower curtain, old makeup applicators/trash under bathroom sink, major construction at entrance to hotel, no hooks or towel bar or anywhere to hang a towel or robe in bathroom

Location close to auburn university great. Lobby beautiful

• Reviewed: February 14, 2017

Nice hotel, but bring your own toilet plunger!
    • Superior King Room

The toilet had an extremely weak flush upon arrival. It clogged without reason. It's embarrassing and really inconvenient to deal with that particular problem.

This was a nice enough place.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2017

The staff was absolutely unbelievable!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillows are all too big. Need multiple sizes

The staff was absolutely unbelievable!!! Jake, upon arrival, and Caroline, during the tornado lockdown were exceptional

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Food was very good

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

very nice
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the bed is very comfortable!

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

The best

Nothing at all

The best

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Excellent.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was messed up, but I believe they are building a parking deck and that should help.

Was closest hotel to stadium.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Always stay here when I come to Auburn!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our toilet kept running on and off.

Close to downtown Auburn and campus.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Great Location for seeing an Auburn Basketball Game - would...

Parking.

Great Location for seeing an Auburn Basketball Game - would love to come back for a Football Game some day.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Great staff, facilities and location!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great staff, facilities and location!

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Everything .
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The two fire alarms where we had to evacuate.

Everything .

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

No black our curtains

No black our curtains

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

good place for short stay.
    • Executive Double Room

probably the breakfast was exactly the same every day . I guess because I stayed for extended period.

location and staff were very friendly

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

EXCELLENT STAFF AND COURTESY

TINY TOILET, NO VENT FAN

BREAKFAST EXCELLENT BED COMFORTABLE

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Love staying in the lovely Auburn hotel in the loveliest village on the plain
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Love being there War Eagle

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Beautiful property.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Terrible morning room service. Cold food wrong order

Beautiful property. Great bar/restaurant

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Did not eat breakfast Still trying to get a charge that has...
    • Superior King Room

Did not eat breakfast Still trying to get a charge that has been pending over 2 weeks off of my card!

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Location is PERFECT, very nice in all ways
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They have to park your car so you have to wait to get it if it's a busy day.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

See above
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Wonderful facility located across from Auburn University campus. Great service,smiling faces,good food. Highest recommendation

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

had to pay for Valet PArking bc they are building a gargage.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

had to pay for Valet PArking bc they are building a gargage.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

EXCELLENT HOTEL, TERRIBLE SURVEY
    • Superior King Room

The hotel was excellent. This survey sucks. I traveled with my (WIFE), which was not a choice. PARTNER IS NOT A CHOICE!

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Everything was perfect, and we loved the new Italian...

No complaints at all.

Everything was perfect, and we loved the new Italian restaurant.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

perfect location

we liked everything

the location was amazing to Auburn the staff was the best we love the pool

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Great location to Auburn campus.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great location to Auburn campus. Friendly staff. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Loved the location

none

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

Our hotel anywhere!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Excellent service, clean and comfortable room! Wonderful restaurant!

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Location and the bed was comfortable
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom needs a more thorough cleaning or a reno. The fridge is nice to have but it was noisier than most.

Location and the bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Will definitely stay again.
    • Executive King Room

The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. Could not ask for a better staff.

Great place.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had to correct my bill. I was overcharged by mistake

Great place.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

awesome

late checkout

cookies

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Hope to return soon!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was very knowledgeable about the University we were visiting and very helpful concerning places to eat and visit in the area.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Lovely
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast buffet food quality not quite as good as I hoped it would be. Everything else was good.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Great service and rooms! Really good food in restaurant and love the coffee bar in lobby area.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish hotel had more rooms! Always booked up a year in advance for game weekends.

It’s on the edge of gorgeous Auburn University!

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Beds were uncomfortable;
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were uncomfortable; not enough towels in room

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

• Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast too. Great people, hotel.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

FANTASTIC place to stay!

Loved everything!

On campus

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Cleanliness.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Gym could have been better for weight lifting. Later room service and onsite foor

Cleanliness. Friendliness

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Awesome clean and friendly Hotel

Beds not very comfortable

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

Love Auburn and love this hotel. Never had this experience before.

Loud music playing ALL NIGHT in room above/beside me...no rest 🙁

Great spacious room.
    • Executive Suite

Great spacious room.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

It was beautiful and very clean.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was beautiful and very clean. I can't think of a better place to stay in Auburn.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

• Executive King Room

The price

Conteninteal Breakfast with Executive Suite stay. Close proximity to the university.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017