Reviews of Hotel Aura SFO Airport 3 stars

190 El Camino Real, San Bruno, 94066, USA

#4 of 12 hotels in San Bruno

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast dining area is too small, might have to take the breakfast to your own room (not if you check out first) or wait there until a table is vacant.

Microwave oven in the room, very convenient. Nice that they have airport shuttle service.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

After a flight delay, we arrived at midnight, extremely tired after travelling for 20 hours. Reception greeting was warm and efficient, the accessible room was spacious, the bed like a dream and shower well-sized and hot. The breakfast was very adequate, all staff friendly and helpful and the shuttle service was the best, one driver even turning around to pick us up from the airport.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Shuttle service could be better. It does not operate in late hours and does not bring you to the rental.

This hotel is very convenient for those who need to spend a night waiting for a flight or car rental after the flight. It is very close to SFO and major highways. The hotel is very clean and comfortable with very decent breakfast. We enjoyed self-made pancakes a lot!

• Standard King Room

Noise we could hear toilets flush and showers run from multiple rooms around us.

Clean and new with adequate parking. Good location near the airport and the price was right.

• Standard King Room

Overall, Hotel Aura provided a comfortable overnight stay, relatively close to the I/Airport and with access, via a Shuttle service. The staff at the desk are polite, cheerful and most accommodating. The room was as expected and the bed, very comfortable, though, personally, I would have preferred a mid height pillow. Breakfast was quite adequate and the dining area was clean and welcoming.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast can be better. Too much carbs offered. Missed having bacon/sausage and eggs.

The room was clean and very comfortable. Staff very kind and communicative.

• King Suite

Hotel shuttle information was only relayed the day before the scheduled stay, and the shuttle service from the airport stops after midnight. However, the message given was misleading, and I thought I could just call them if I need the shuttle after midnight. Turns out I had to get a lyft to the hotel anyway. There was no cutlery in the hotel room. I didn't bother to go to the customer service counter to ask for any because it was in the wee hours of the night. Also, the breakfast was paltry. I expected at least some scrambled eggs, but there was just some bakery items, some fruits, and hard boiled eggs available (in addition to cereal and some beverages). Food can be greatly improved.

The bed was extremely comfortable. There are also a couple of vending machines near the staircase so you can grab some really cheap instant noodles if you're hungry in the middle of the night. I was also really glad that there was an elevator, because I had a lot of heavy luggage and it would have been impossible for me to get to my room on the third floor without one. The shuttle bus service is also very punctual. Check out procedures are also very fast.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Not a fan of Starbucks coffee (but Hotel Aura's choice was pretty decent). The neighborhood is a bit noisy - ask for a room in the rear.

I LOVED that smoking and pets are NEVER allowed. Consequently, the hotel smells fresh and clean. The breakfast was very nice and the free parking was a bonus (other hotels charge up to $14/day). The room was nicer than I expected for the price - really the same as a more costly chain brand. VERY convenient to the SFO airport.

• Standard King Room

The shuttle service is ok. Just understand at SFO no hotel apparently has their own shuttle vehicles. They contract with companies that provide the service so the shuttles will make multiple stops. Don’t cut yourself short regarding getting to the airport.

It was very clean, comfortable and great value for the money. Formerly a Howard Johnson location completely redone by new owners two years ago. We stayed two nights during a stop over on the to Hawaii since is close to SFO. Would definitely stay there again.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Very clean, Parking was inside and secure. Very small breakfast room and everyone was there at the same time, so we took our breakfast back to our room. Overall it was quite Comfortable. The GPS took us a pretty strange way, kind of backstreets from the airport rental car location, so we worried about where in the world we were going at midnight!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing although I don’t think it would be good as a place to explore San Francisco as it’s out by the airport.

This hotel is tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean, has comfortable bed and serves a good breakfast. The shuttle service was also excellent. The staff was friendly, professional and helpful.

• Standard King Room

Modern building, large comfortable room. Room at back was quiet. Good bed and fresh bedding. Large bathroom with bath and thick towels. M/wave, fridge, coffee-pod machine. Restaurants near by. Good shuttle service from 4am takes 20 mins to international terminal. Only problem with an early start is that breakfast is not available until 6.30am. Would be nice if juice and snacks left out for early leavers.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Cannot say as we were in transit Did not have breakfast due to early departure Area restaurants a tad far to get to at night and no maps to show us where to go

Beds super

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pillows were surprisingly comfortable, the WiFi was very fast and reliable, and the airport shuttle in the morning was on time. Overall, exactly what I needed to end my business trip to San Francisco.

No complaints.

The hotel was so quiet and clean. I couldn't ask for kinder staff at the desk. Would definitely recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My room was too close to the breakfast area. I woke up to people making waffles.

My room was nice. I heard people making breakfast before I would have liked to wake up. The breakfast area was outside my door and 1 floor down in an open area. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay. The location was good for an early flight from SFO. Thank you.

• Standard King Room

Was expecting bigger selection for breakfast but it was good enough

Great front desk staff. Came before the check in time but the staff was super helpful in finding ready room. Big room. Comfy bed and pillows. Location is less than 10mins driving from SFO.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was the worst I ever had. Only 6 tables, you needed to wait until someone left. No fresh food, just toast and sweets, much too basic and not even cheese or sausage. Kids have skipped breakfast regularly as too bad.

Room was good and clean and staff was really helpful and always willing to support.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was a little meager, though they did have blankets. Had coffee available to make, but staff forgot to leave cups.

Large comfortable rooms, with extra blankets. Use of shuttle to and from airport was excellent...used to access the BART system for San Francisco. Clean.

• Standard King Room

Breakfast could have been a little better for a 3 star hotel.

Excellent stay with airport shuttle included. Clean and spacious rooms that are well maintained. Late check out optional.

• Standard King Room

The neighborhood in San Bruno where the hotel is located is disgusting: filthy streets and no conveniences nearby. Middle of nowhere. No shampoo, only flavored coffee or decaf in the room.

Bed comfy, room reasonably clean, quiet, polite staff, wifi worked great.

• Standard King Room

Airport shuttle is a big plus. The hotel is new and the room is large and comfortable. The walls are thin and some guests had an issue with noise but I was not. Slept well. Staff was very polite, attentive and so willing to please. There was free parking for my son who came to visit. It was a great value place for a one night stop is SFO. Perfect really!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The location near the airport was a real plus for us. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly. The room was well appointed and the entire facility was very modern. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable. All this and breakfast too!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

In Room 208, March 30, 2018 my brothers were awaken by a lady who had a key issued to her and tried to opened the door. Good thing the door is double locked. The desk lady had to re-interviewed by my brother, George Dancel. I (Marjorie Alvarez) was in Room 206. Your staff need to insure that there is already a family already booked in Room 208. This mistake was unacceptable. Also, my brother was very upset because he wasnt able to sleep good after that incident.

Bed is comfortable. Very clean sheets. Towels are very clean.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Beware if you have a late flight and need the shuttle they advertise: it is not available after midnight. This was a major disappointment for us, since it was the main reason we chose this hotel. It is rather expensive for a night, but so is everything in the area.

Located within a short ride from airport, it is clean and comfortable. WiFi works smoothly. Breakfast is better than average, with enough options and good facilities.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had to call the hotel 3 times to get a shuttle to pick us up at the SF airport. It wasn't the hotel's fault . The hotel was in contact with the driver. It was the driver's fault. We waited about 45 min .

Breakfast included. There is a Keurig coffee pot in the room, along with a refrigerator and microwave oven. Celia's Mexican food is directly across the street and is excellent! Close to SF airport with free shuttle, which runs frequently. Also, they will park your car until return from trip.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Exceeds my expectations overall for such a nice room rate near the airport! The room is large, nice and comfortable. Free parking underground is great.

• Standard King Room

Andre at reception was very helpful. The room was spacious and had a coffee maker, safe, microwave. The breakfast was excellent. Cereal, toast, pastries, fruit, yogurt, juice, waffles, drinkable coffee, hard boiled eggs. The hotel has a free shuttle to the airport. The instructions for its use are on the hotel’s website. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance. Not a place to stay if wanting to see the sites of San Francisco but great for lay overs. Having said that it is a 30minute walk to the San Bruno Bart station and then a 30 minute ride or you can catch the Bus on the corner to the BART station.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

For me personally, bed and pillows a little too stiff, like mine little softer!!!

All was fine!! Personnel very attentive and breakfast was fine!!! Hotel shuttle also efficient!!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The young gentleman who checked us in at 9:30pm told us the airport shuttle departs hotel every hour on the hour and said Aura was the last stop before going to the airport. Well he gave us incorrect information. Also, we requested a 5:30am wake up call the next day. My husband was not happy when our phone rang at 4:30am. When We tried to check out at 5:50am, the employee walked away from us without letting us know where he was going and went hunted him down on the second floor where he said he was setting up for breakfast but the breakfast was not set up by 6:30. Not a good experience at the Hotel Aura.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Can’t think of a negative. We left too early to grade the breakfast.

Unexpected comfort and facility. Parking garage - free. Airport shuttle, micro, fridge and coffee (good coffee). Comfortable beds. 6 minutes from rental car return. Very good WiFi. All around a ‘we’ll be back’ experience’ when we’re taking an early morning flight.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I picked this hotel because it advertised a free shuttle to and fro the airport. But it didn’t mention that the shuttle was not available after midnight. So I paid a premium for an amenity I did not receive and I could not cancel the reservation without penalty. I am out the cost of a Lyft ride.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Airport shuttle only goes till 12 midnight so it was an $18 cab ride. Entrance is off putting.

So dingy outside and the neighborhood. Was a little skewed out by entrance since smoker was just having out right by the door. Surprisingly nice and comfortable. Updated, good TV, beds and bathroom, mini fridge and microwave. Good, but not blackout window, shutters. Pretty spacious for SF hotel. Great breakfast including good coffee, waffles, bagels, muffins, fruit and cereal.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I called for a shuttle from the airport. several shuttles from various hotels/airport parking shuttle came around twice before or more before our shuttle arrived and it was in the 40's and windy. I called three times and each time he was on his way. when we got to the hotel. he took our bags off the shuttle and then left them in front of the hotel leaving us (four women) to tote our bags up the stairs. the front desk clerk did not tell us there was an alternate way to get into the hotel until the next day when we were leaving. also when we were on our way back to the hotel he pulled off from another hotel before the person came and out and was trying to get the person to walk down to the shuttle only to circle the block which took all of the 5 minutes he spent arguing with the hotel personnel that called him to tell him he pulled off without the person.

The night shift person. I was a Brazilian male. I believe around 21yrs if I remembered correctly. He was very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Paper thin walls both to the outside and within. The desk manager could not tell me which way to get to the airport, and no map ... it's an airport hotel, a mile and a half away..

Nothing really

• Standard King Room

I didn't give expectations on this hotel, but it does surprise me when I arrived. The hotel is really neat and comfortable. There is no bad smell that most hotel have. But, the service definitely couldn't compare to some 4 stars hotel. I never leave comments before, I feel this hotel is really neat and clean. I think the cleanness is the most important for a hotel.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

con: thin floor, strange herbal smell when check in but after A/C working disappear

pro:A/C, beautiful window and bedding, pleasant breakfast, big room,quiet,free parking

• Standard King Room

Good hotel for a stop over during travel, easy walking to local bars, food etc. We had a nice quiet room at the back of the property. Free shuttle to SFO however not the best location if considering staying with a desire to get to the CBD as it is a fair way out from downtown.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I stayed in room 307. Two queen beds. Linens were nice. White bedspreads are always appreciated. Breakfast room was clean and orderly. Parking was covered. Staff was friendly and efficient. Easy access to and from Hwy-101. On a street lined with local restaurants.

• Standard King Room

I wish they could have paused time so I could catch more sleep before my flight the next morning!

I was really impressed by the cleanliness of hotel and how updated the room was. Usually when booking a quick hotel for an early airport run, budget places you in a sketchy crack motel....this was actually very comfortable and clean! Also super easy to get to SFO!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

we had to leave before breakfast was served, but there was no discount available. Shuttle was convenient but infrequent (hourly).

We arrived after midnight and the receptionist was very nice, our room was ready and waiting for us.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

breakfast was low grade: awful sliced bread, a few hardboiled eggs, a waffle maker and limited cereal. Weak coffee, artificial orange 'juice'

comfortable and clean: good location for overnight airport stay. convenience stores and restaurants nearby

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Neighborhood might be a bit sketchy after dark for walking alone.

Delighted with every aspect of our stay at this boutique hotel minutes from SFO. Free airport shuttle; free parking; easy walking to nearby shops and restaurants. The staff is friendly, helpful and very accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. The hotel has a distinct European feel, but with North American sized rooms. Highly recommended!

• Standard King Room

Saturday morning before 7 breakfast area busy no seating and only ceral apples and a line up for waffles So we had no breakfast

Staff at desk very friendly and extremely helpful lots of covered parking great Mexican restaurant across the street.

• Standard King Room

I booked the hotel for 1 night mainly for its proximity to the airport & the free shuttle service- But was pleasantly surprised to find the standard of all else was exceptional.

• Standard King Room

We did expect the breakfast to be better and more. Also, the airport transfer only runs until midnight - we arrived at midnight, so we had to take a taxi instead.

The room is really big and have a private bathroom. The bed was very comfy, which we liked

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room service food provider (over the phone) was unprofessional and delivered us the wrong order, elevator is slow

Crib was provided, shower was great (water pressure & temperature), a wide variety of breakfast options

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The suttle service was terrible, they left us waiting in the rain and cold weather for one hour, until we decided to take a taxi. They finally reimbursed the taxi fare, BUT the bad service stays there.

Good location , close to the airport

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not a big problem for us, but take into account the airport shuttle service is a co-op for several hotels. Our shuttle ran 15 minutes late.

Clean, quiet, close to airport Perfectly fine for an overnight stay

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They said the room is non-smoking but actually bad smoking smell made me cough during my stay. You can hear people snoring next door, the insulation is so poor.

• Standard King Room

The fact that the shuttle only runs every hour in the early morning.

This former HoJo was completely renovated since our last stay, it is really nice now, everything's pretty new.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The shuttle bus to airport only goes once per hour. Shuttle driver on collection at airport was wierd - didn't really help with getting the cases on the bus and then got aggressive when my husband tried pointing to which cases to take off when we got to hotel. All a bit odd. Reception area not very welcoming.

Rooms are large. Wifi was good.

• Standard King Room

The way the staff finished the breakfast. They coul be more friendly and keep the coffee available for 15 minutes, for example. Before, they stayed all time (from 8h30-9h30) talking among themselves.

• Standard King Room

We were very unluncky that night because a car alarm rang in the middle of the night during 30minutes so very difficult to fall asleep after that.

Convenient location with free shuttles to go to the airport and big parking for the cars. Good breakfast and very clean!

• Standard King Room

No wifi (although advertised) and airport shuttle stops at midnight which is NOT indicated on Booking.com's site. There is a just an advert of a free shuttle. It costs about 10 dollars with Uber pool from the airport which is not a lot but just annoying to have to spend.

Comfortable bed, blackout shutters/curtains and bathroom toiletries. Immaculate. Breakfast included, if minimal. Toothpaste packet at the front desk when I forgot mine! Only about a 20-minute cheap Uber ride to Nob Hill.

• Standard King Room

There isn't much to do right in that area, but it's a good spot near the airport

Very nice modern room. The staff were kind and helpful and catching the shuttle to the airport was quite easy. The internet worked well.

• Standard King Room

Besides all the things mentioned, cleanliness, comfort, breakfast, great location, there are two outstanding reasons to stay at Aura. 1. The staff is super helpful. Our son had to change reservations, book extra days, etc. and the staff worked with him so graciously. The staff is incredibly kind. And 2. Right across the street is a super Mexican restaurant, Celia's.

• Standard King Room

Super clean facility and friendly staff. Great stay!

The bed was an absolute dream had one of the best nights sleep of my life despite how close it is to the airport.

• Standard King Room

That there was nothing available for a quick breakfast before I left for the airport.

Airport shuttle and location to the airport for early flights. There's also a Mexican restaurant across the street which was great for dinner.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This was an excellent choice to stay near SFO. The price was good for the area, the shuttle was prompt, the room very comfortable and quiet, the free breakfast very good, and the wifi strong. The staff members were all pleasant and helpful. I stayed at the beginning and end of my trip, and I'd do it again (once I pay off this trip!).

Nothing that bothered me

Bed was comfortable, plenty of hot water, breakfast was very good (need some peanut butter) overall would come back (this was our second stay)

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

After I called for the airport shuttle, I have to wait for 30 minutes. Moreover, there is no heater in the bus. It is cold in Winter.

Friendly staff, clean room and good breakfast. I like waffle and starbucks coffee.

• Standard King Room

Very noisy. First floor felt close to the road and I heard noise from the ceiling till 23:00 pm. I asked to move, but there were no available rooms.

clean room

• Standard King Room

The shuttle took 40 minutes from the time I placed the call to the hotel from the airport. When I booked the hotel I ticked the box on booking indicating that I wanted to arrange a shuttle, but I was never contacted.

The room was large, modern and clean.

• Standard King Room

The rooms on the first floor aren't very pleasant they are right near the lobby and too close to the main road. The ceiling is not very thick you can hear every step of the people staying above you

large and clean

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Having more restaurants within walking distance, but of course, this is not the hotel's fault! There is nothing to complain about regarding the hotel. Staff members were very kind and helpful.

My room was reasonably priced, the bed was very comfortable, the hot water endless, and the breakfast very good. The shuttle to the airport was on time, although the shuttle runs only once per hour, so you must plan ahead, which is easy to do. There is a very good Mexican restaurant across the street, but if one is on foot (me), this is the only choice within safe walking distance.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• King Suite

My only suggestion is to try and stay on the top floor, the ceiling made it sound like there was always stomping overhead. Could have been the people above, could have been the between floor acoustics, don't know and it doesn't matter, wasn't that bad.

The staff was very kind and helpful. The room was very spacious and clean, with a neat floor layout. The whole hotel smelled great actually. Parking was easy, and the shuttle was prompt and effective. Such an awesome neighborhood in walking distance with tons of different ethnic food options.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was VERY friendly. The hotel room was perfect and right outside of the free all that you could eat breakfast. The parking was free and underground - we were able to park the entire time - and we were in and out a number of times - just seconds outside of the lobby. We ate at two restaurants - the Mexican one across the street and the Japanese one down the street! NICE - both of them. Thank you for a great evening. AND of course, the main reason for the 10 rating, other than all that was covered before was the PRICE!!! We wanted to be near in the airport in SF and not spend tons of money!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great for SFO and the area south of San Francisco, but terrible if you want to walk to the San Francisco attractions.

Free indoor parking. Close to SFO. Free airport shuttle. Free WiFi and breakfast. Very clean, comfortable, large room. Refrigerator and Microwave. Elevator. Good value.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No one was at the front desk during checkout. I waited 10 mins and left. There was a sign saying we will be right back. It was after 8 am. The front desk should never be left this long. I needed a receipt.

• Standard King Room

The airport shuttle could take up to 30 minutes to arrive.

The rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast was decent and did not end extremely early as other places do. The location is convenient on El Camino and lots of restaurants are close by.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The coffee pod selection in the room? More fruit for breakfast?

It's a Euro-style hotel--rather small--with the rooms on numerous hallways and set off from each other. It has very functional modern furniture and lighting and louvered windows that make use of natural light. Soo near the airport, but without airport noise. We had to get folks to SFO at morning rush hour and it was so easy from Hotel Aura. The drive in parking garage is very private and safe.

• King Suite

I'm just nitpicking at this point, but the bed was a little firm for my taste. I don't really have any other criticisms.

We live in the Sacramento area, but often find much better direct flight options to visit family on the east coast when departing from SFO. We stayed at Hotel Aura the night before our flight to make the trip to the airport easier for a late morning departure from SFO...especially with a toddler in tow. The hotel's long term parking and airport shuttle option saved us enough to more than cover the cost of the one night stay and didn't really add any additional travel time. The room was large, clean, and comfortable. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, especially when yours truly forgot to schedule a shuttle pickup for the morning of our departure. We were in a bit of a scramble in the morning, so I can't comment on the breakfast since we never even saw it. I would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay near the airport.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing I didn't like was the room service. I know that it has really nothing to do with the hotel cuz it's a third party that delivers but I want to let others know when staying here do not order from it cuz the prices are very high and the quality is very low. We ordered French fries and they were over cooked that they were so crunchy I almost lost a tooth. We also ordered mozzarella sticks and they were good but they were not hot and marinara sauce was cold like it was just taken out of fridge. The chocolate cake was more like a very thin slice of chocolate mouse cheese cake. Very much unsatisfied

I really liked everything about the hotel. Very nicely decorated and very comfortable

• Standard King Room

quite tricky getting to and from downtown SF by public transport. The a/c was rather clunky and noisy but I've this fairly typical in America.

Modern hotel where everything worked. Well equipped and comfortable. Very convenient for the airport with free shuttle