Reviews of Avalon Hotel 3 stars

#204 of 415 hotels in Miami Beach

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Beautiful
    • Classic Double Room

The beds were very comfy but the noise from the construction disrupted our sleep on a couple of occassions. Decor dated and restaurants close by extremely expensive cocktails!!

Great location and staff, hotel very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Hotel was right across the street from beachfront
    • Classic Double Room

Food with in the hotel wasn't very reasonable or appetizing. Rooms weren't very big. But comfortable.

Hotel was right across the street from beachfront

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

My stay was peaceful and relaxing
    • Partial View Queen Room

The hotel is undergoing slight renovation and on a few occasions the construction workers were a bit noisy, though I know they’re not direct hotel staff.

The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. Edith is the greatest!!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great location due to close proximity to beach, shops and restaurants
    • Partial View Double Room

The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean. A full breakfast wasn’t offered but there was complimentary coffee/tea, cereals and some bakery items that were pretty good!

Had an excellent time at this hotel. Met all our needs and expectations.
    • Classic Double Room

There was nothing that we didn't like.

Really nice hotel and staff friendly and helpful. They were renovating the hotel whilst we were there but this didn't affect us apart from a little drilling noise during breakfast. No other impact of this on our stay. Location is right on Miami Beach in the busy art deco area. Shops and other amenities just a short walk from the hotel. Valet parking really helpful and efficient.

I enjoyed the hotel being right on ocean drive where is are...
    • Classic Double Room

Real small rooms, up on check in the front desk person didn't give any information about anything not did she suggest anything. If we wanted chairs for the beach we had to carry them ourselves. No pool on the property.

I enjoyed the hotel being right on ocean drive where is are a lot of restaurants. And the hotel not being that far from the beach.

Hotel was close to the beach.
    • Classic Double Room

Staff was not friendly. Room was really small. Construction was being done and the building looked a mess. Ice machine did not work, tv did not work. Staff didn’t want to provide additional toiletries.

It was very close to the beach.

Nice hotel, but renovations going on
    • Classic Queen Room

Very outdated rooms. Renovations going on so whole front of hotel covered in scaffolding & work starts early, so no lay ins! Parking is expensive, $29 a day.

Great location. Bed really large & comfy. Friendly staff. Restaurant at front of hotel sells cheap breakfast & guests get 10% off. Free wifi.

Never again
    • Classic Double Room

Dingy hotel, horrible customer service from Alex front desk. Room extremely small. Not enough outlets, not enough linen. One elevator took forever to get around...walls were thin we got complaints for talking. Just horrible

It was across the street from the beach

No value for money
    • Classic Double Room

The room was tiny with 2 double beds on the first floor. The window was facing an alley. From 7-8 am in the morning garbage cans were being dragged making so much noice we could not sleep. At around 9am the construction began- building is being renovated on the outside, once more making it impossible to sleep. The air conditioning was wall mounted making huge noise, approx 20 inches away from one the beds. The room’s original price was around $450 and purchased for $217 but was not worth more than $100. The front desk person at night was helpful but could not give us another room. The front desk lady in the morning only said “Ok” when I gave her my feedback showing genuinely uninterested.

The bathroom was clean.

Awesome stay
    • Classic Double Room

The room was tiny. I think they should hang the tv on the wall and remove the desk for more room.

Location and service were great. We got there early and was able to check in right away!!!

Good way to stay on Ocean Dr. without paying a small fortune.
    • Classic Double Room

Hotel is pretty old and there is construction going on now. We just needed a place for one night and it met our needs. Guy at the front desk was nice upon check-in, but the service was not real friendly at check-out. She was probably just busy...

Great location - very busy area.

Me and my friends had a great time staying in Avalon.
    • Classic Double Room

1. For some reason the room is humid if the AC is off. Maybe it's because they don't have exhaust fan in the bathroom. 2. The restaurant closes early around 10 PM. If you are hungry at night you might need to go out to get food. 3. The plugs in the room are hard to find, either behind the desk or under the TV. You might need a longer wire.

1. The check-in and check-out service is fast and nice. 2. The room is clean and the cleaning lady did a good job for the five nights that we have been staying in. 3. The location is perfect, it's right next to the beach. 4. A guy at the front dest was so nice. he literally wrote down a whole list for us with local bars, clubs, and restaurants. And we checked them out and found out all of them were worth going! 5. If you are a beach person, they provide beach towels and beach chairs, which is perfect.

Good breakfast, wonderful restaurant
    • Partial View Double Room

They are under reconstruction at the moment. Reconstrunstruction works are going on at the daytime, it is not possible to stay at your room.

Good breakfast, wonderful restaurant

Great staff in reception.
    • Partial View Queen Room

Great staff in reception. I forgot my laptop and my passport in the safe, but George took care of it for me. Owe him a big tip, but he wasn´t on duty when I returned. But, I will remember him next year - same time.

Location was great
    • Classic Double Room

Disgusting hotel. So so unclean. Hair all over the bathroom. Uncomfortable pillows, dirty entrance. Damaged doors. It’s terrible. I do NOT recommend. Avoid it. The room service is no-existent. They come change the towels and that’s it. The carpet, I don’t even know how to describe such dirt.

Location was great

A nice place to stay on South Beach for short 1or 2 nights. Pricey for what it is, but comfortable.
    • Classic Double Room

No coffee or breakfast until 8am. Should have coffee maker in hotel room. A little worn but under renovations. Charged $54 more than quoted _$183 a night for high season even though Jan 5 and 45 degrees in Miami.

Location on south beach, was able to get into room at 0930 am, accommodating staff, nice continental breakfast included.

May be nice when renovations over, but currently a building site.
    • Classic Double Room

Was aware some renovations underway but very disappointed that entire building covered up so you couldn’t see it - like being in a cave. Breakfast only from 8am, so I missed it on two out of my three days there. (also nowhere else in the vicinity open for coffee at 6am)

Great location Interior had character

Awful,depressing, and couldn’t wait to get out of there. Worst hotel I have ever been to.
    • Partial View Queen Room

No amenities. Old furniture. Uncomfortable bed and pillows.horrible old bsthroom. Plastic cups in the bathroom. Sink was cracked.I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Depressing. Also lobby was dingy like the whole hotel. Garbage dump from the hotel under my window. Everything was old and dingy. Not worth more than $25.00 a night. No value for your money.

Nothing. Hotel was horrible

The people was nice and helpful.
    • Classic Double Room

When I booked the room I was not informed that It was a noicy construction work in the building. Every day from 10 - 16.

The people was nice and helpful. It has a excelent location.

NOT GOOD
    • Classic Double Room

The front of this hotel is under going renovations and was covered in a black tarp. The power went out one of the nights we stayed there for several hours. We had just come back to the hotel in the early evening with our dinner and even thought there was no power in our room we were told by the bartender we could NOT eat our dinner downstairs in the bar area. After the power went out everyone left the restaurant but we still couldn't eat our dinner where there was minimal light. The room was small, the hotel is old and dated and I was only allowed breakfast 1 of the 2 mornings we stayed there. Breakfast consisted of a croissant, cup of coffee and small plastic cup of fruit but they would only allow us the free breakfast once. I DO NOT recommend this hotel.

The hotel is directly across from South Beach so that was the best part of my stay at Avalon. The desk clerk when I checked in was pleasant.

Location excellent.
    • Classic Double Room

Very cold in the restaurant , room relatively small with no view... needs to be renovated . Restaurant is very expensive but hey it's Miami beach :)

Location excellent. Staff very friendly.

Very comfy beds
    • Classic Double Room

So upset to see scaffolding and black sheeting over front of hotel. We did see some decoration taking place when booked but didn't realise complete black out! In saying that we were given side room and could see the sea and even had breakfast under the scaffolding in the morning which was decorated to make you feel like in a beach bar , so all was good in the end.

Very comfy beds

The staff was the best part of the whole stay.
    • Classic Queen Room

No parking. But we were able to find street parking for $4/hour and you only pay up till 2am. I paid $24 for unprotected street parking. I had an oversized van FORD TRANSIT. The only available lot is on 16th street. Protected parking for 24 hrs...$16. Well worth it.

The staff was the best part of the whole stay. The manager, security guard, waiter answered all my questions and gave great advice. I was exhausted after a 200 mile team run and they really lowered mt stress level. Left them beer, water and 2 coolers when we left. The guard just kept shaking my hand, smiling and thanking me!!! lol. Beer is rediculously expensive.

The staff is very friendly and supportive.
    • Classic Double Room

The first look is not great right now as the facade is undergoing renovation. But apart from that no complaints.

The staff is very friendly and supportive. For a foreign traveller, they make the stay very comfortable. Location cant get better. Right at south beach and the restaurant has amazing food.

Checkout is so early but the hotel is good
    • Classic Double Room

The early checkout! 11 am is too early and we had a late flight .... when we ask for an extend, he said 12 pm ! Not forgetting this is my 3rd stay

The location of course Music outside the hotel Clean hotel

Good value for money and perfect location
    • Classic Queen Room

Breakfast was pretty poor, especially for the vegans in our party

For a hotel on ocean drive the rooms were very spacious. The hotel was undergoing refurbishment and mostly hidden under a black shroud. However we didn’t experience any disruption to our vacation and had a very pleasant 2 night stay

Good
    • Classic Double Room

The room was old. Especially carpets. There was exterior renovation.. The Hotel was like under contraction.

Location and staff was amazing. Especially George and Alex. They are kind, helpful and smiling. Thank you George. Thank you Alex. The room was old and need to be renovated.

I have to come back to really see the beauty of miami and the Avalon Hotel
    • Classic Double Room

They never said that construction was going on and the building façade was covered up with scaffolding and you only could have rooms in the back of the hotel because of construction to the front.

The area that the hotel was in.

Excellent location.
    • Classic Queen Room

We were not informed that there was building work outside the hotel. However this was probably reflected in the price as we had a really good deal and as we were only staying for one night before boarding a cruise so it was not an issue to us.

The location is fantastic. You step out of the hotel and cross the road onto Miami Beach. The hotel provides free deck chairs and beach towels. It is only about a 10 minute taxi journey to the port for cruise ships.

Good Times
    • Beachfront Queen Room

The sheets and towels were ok but had seen better days it might be time to upgrade them.

The facility was clean with an air of sofistication. The staff were friendly happy and professional. We had a very pleasant stay. I would stay there again no doubt about it.

Great stay
    • Beachfront Queen Room

Bring back managers happy hour and maybe a breakfast with less carbs and more protein.

Our room was a corner room with great views of the park and ocean. It is in amazing shape for a hotel built 60 or 70 plus years ago. If you're into old Florida or Art-deco style places it is awesome. Comfortable beds and great air conditioning as well.

The location of the hotel
    • Classic Double Room

I ask the receptionist if there was a bathroom in the lobby they said no and to go outside and use the bathroom across the street for the ppl that are at the beach 2nd day there I had left about 1.35 or 1.40 in change on my dresser left the room around 9 can back around 2 to the room being cleaned and my money being missing Hotel staff all of a sudden couldn't speak English and who did they didn't even care JUST TERRIBLE!!!!!!

The location of the hotel

Not the most extravagant, but perfect for friends or couples...
    • Classic Double Room

Considering the style and date of the hotel, I don't know that much could be different without total renovations. It's not the Hilton, W or Marriot, but it's clean and comfortable.

Not the most extravagant, but perfect for friends or couples that want a quick get away and don't want to spend a ton. The location is EXCELLENT, right on the Ocean Blvd strip in the heart of everything! Beach is right across the street. Room was comfortable enough, but definitely a place that will keep you from staying inside all day.

Perfect location in Miami South Beach!
    • Classic Double Room

This hotel was in the perfect location for what I was traveling to Miami for. Me and my friend wanted to be right in the middle of everything abd this hotel provided that and more . I have absolutely nothing bad to say the staff was amazing and the hotel was just as good.

Great Location
    • Beachfront Queen Room

Located right across the road from the beach. What more could you ask for? Ocean Drive is quite loud at night and a light sleeper may have difficulty falling asleep, however we experienced no issues with this.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Avalon
    • Classic Queen Room

Bathroom shower grubby, windows and frames dirty, very meagre and basic breakfast, the open to all restaurant prices looked very high. To clarify staff check in very pleasant and helpful, breakfast server miserable.

Do not stay here ever...will take your money
    • Classic Double Room

Staff was extremely rude. They are so money hungry. That they will try to hold your money for your room. Then expected you to pay when you check out again because it takes 3 days to process the original payment. After the rudeness of the front desk women I never even want to come to Miami again. 5 other guest at my hotel had the same experience. They will rip you off. Hotel smelt like pure gas they didn't even mention nothing to the guest we all were just smelling it and said something. Worst experience ever. Please do not stay here.

Nothing worst hotel experience ever.

Great spot to be near every attraction you want
    • Classic Double Room

Too pricey for the way the hotel actually is inside. Cleanliness was not that great. Uncomfortable beds. Had to ask for more beach towels they don't put them in for you. No microwave.

Staff was great, location was awesome right across the beach and near bars and resturants . Pricey resturants but is also walking distance from other resturants on Collins ave and stores near by.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Good location, not so good facility
    • Beachfront Queen Room

Hotel is quite old, and it wasn't refurbished for quite a while. Also, we found property charges to be quite high (20 USD a day), so it was not such a nice surprise.

If you look for accommodation in South Beach, this is the right place. Also, very close to the beach, man options around to have fun.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

South Beach
    • Classic Double Room

The room was real small and we could hear most every move the people above us made. The continental breakfast was very limited. No microwave. Very few outlets.

The room was clean and the location was great. The continental breakfast lasted until 1:00 which was good. It was a neat older hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Great value, excellent location and amenities. Clean and right across the street from the beach
    • Classic Double Room

The beach chairs were an added bonus, but the newer chair was flimsy as compared to the one with the wooden handle. Staff was able to switch the newer one out for a older one (sturdier and more comfortable) the second day. Again, excellent staff and service.

The staff was very polite, professional and helpful. The sheets were clean and the bed was very comfortable! The iron worked well. The tv served its purpose. The safe was great! Awesome location. I love the car in the front of the hotel.

Very bad not happy will not go again.
    • Classic Queen Room

The breakfast was terrible. I ask for a tea bag to make a cup of tea and was ask to pay!!!!!!! And a small pot of jam was $3😂😂

Not much very disappointing....😔

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Basic rooms, great location, good value for money.
    • Classic Double Room

1) The room could have been cleaner - it was perfectly ok but there was dust in the corners and behind things. The air conditioner was very noisy. 2) I had asked in advance (by email) for a rollaway bed but at reception was told they were not available - we were 3 women sharing the room so 2 people had to share a bed the whole time. I would have booked a different hotel had I known that. 2) There was little or no communication between staff at reception - as we were leaving for a couple of days and then returning we asked to leave a couple of suitcases behind - one member of reception staff agreed but when we were checking out at 5.30am the following morning a different member of staff on reception said that wasn't allowed so we eventually compromised and left one bag! 3)The restaurant staff ignored me on my first evening - I was trying to order dinner and after a lot of repeated asking I finally got to see a menu and eventually got served - it was annoying as I had just arrived from a long-haul flight and just wanted to eat something quickly and go to bed. In fact the restaurant was mega expensive and although the food and wine were very good I didn't eat there again - although I did sit and have a glass of wine on the terrace a couple of evenings - even then I had to beg to be allowed to sit there as they were keeping tables for potential diners - which I understand but at 10.30pm when the restaurant is half empty abit of common sense should have prevailed - I suppose it did as we did get to sit there eventually after asking to speak to the manager - its kind of a bad start to the evening when you have to argue (albeit politely!) with the staff!

1)The free breakfast - the tubs of fruit were really nice. 2)The beach towels in the room - it was great to have those to take to the beach everyday. 3)The location is brilliant and because it has a very expensive restaurant rather than a club downstairs we weren't bothered by noise. Some nearby hotels looked like they would be very noisy in the evenings.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Great as always!
    • Classic Double Room

Location, rate,I have stayed at the Avalon for the last 10+ years.... love love love love.... always great service! Can't beat this property on ocean drive!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

The staff were great and it was an easy walk to the beach.
    • Classic Double Room

Rooms were pretty small, but then we didn't spend much time in the room.

The staff were great and it was an easy walk to the beach. Hotel provided beach chairs, towels and little water bottles.

Sophisticated and lively
    • Beachfront Queen Room

A bit noisy in the evenings Somewhere comfortable to sit when checked out and waiting for taxi.

Location great Staff v friendly Liked live Spanish guitar music and more upmarket diners

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Calm haven in the heart of South Beach mayhem
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was average. Great treat to get fresh fruit as an option. Unheard of in most places we visited in Florida on this trip. Confused and amused to see coca cola as one of the option along with cereal and croissant. Terribly wasteful putting everything in disposable plastic containers for eating in breakfast. I asked for a glass for water from the cooler and was made to take a plastic cup. Disappointed by this but clearly a nationwide epidemic.

Amazing location on South Beach which is notoriously bit trashy and very touristy but Avalon somehow feels like a quiet haven in the middle of the mayhem. Totally calm. Amazing for people watching. Excellent chocolate croissant for breakfast. Nice paraben free toiletries in the room. Lovely bar with an amazing Serbian bartender who kept me and my friend entertained during our night cap.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Rip off
    • Classic Double Room

Price! tiny rooms and bathroom you could not open two suit cases in the room,breakfast is a joke, a cup of coffee and a pastry is not a continental breakfast,no plaits you had to eat it off the table or a napkin ,plus €29 to park your car, we felt all they wanted was to get as much money from you as possible with the least effort.They don't need to make a effort the only reason people will stay there is because of the location never again

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The complimentary breakfast was okay.
    • Classic Double Room

The complimentary breakfast was okay. I miss the variety of breakfast items previously served. Embracing the new breakfast service for returning guest is a quite different experience from those experiencing it for the first time.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

South Beach hotels - no parking at the Inn!😟
    • Classic Double Room

They did not have our reservation even though I gave them the Booking.com confirmation email. Check in was a hassle. They finally found a room, but then we were told there was no parking for our motorcycles in any garage. What to do? Took an hour and a half driving from garage to garage, turned away from each, until finally parking in one 10 blocks away since there was not an attendant on duty. Major problem for anyone who wants to stay in South Beach but arrives on a motorcycle!

Location oceanside

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Front staff and valet was very nice.
    • Beachfront Queen Room

With breakfast had to buy jam, jelly. Should be provided. It is the small things that matter. Cafe staff behind the counter wasn't friendly.

Front staff and valet was very nice.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Small and Cozy
    • Classic Double Room

The room was very small and cramped and you can't tell by the pictures on their website. Breakfast says it is included and you get to choose from 3 very small items like a yogurt. That was not my definition of breakfast. From Valet parking it would have been nice for assistance with our luggage to and from the car.

Overall the staff were very friendly, especially the desk clerk he advised us on different restaurants and clubs to go out to. Had on issue with the tub draining and they fixed it right away. Close and convenient to everything. My car was super safe in valet, just make sure you get everything you need out of it because you don't get access to it unless you have it valeted again. I would definitely stay again. If you are a family, you might need multiple rooms due to the size. I think all the rooms are probable small due to the age of the properties in South Beach.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

The staff was very kind and helpful.
    • Classic Queen Room

The rooms are very noisy. Not just because of the location, but also room to room. Could hear everything our neighbour said and did.

The staff was very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Good value but I'd rated a two star
    • Partial View Double Room

Bathroom had a clog, rooms are small and old.

Staff was excellent, location was perfect if you want to be in the heart of South Beach. Very good value for the money.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Great place, poor breakfast, lots of unreleased potential
    • Classic Double Room

The restaurant seems wonderful, but we didnt get to try it for dinner. For lunch it is closed, and breakfast was an insufficient and sorry little meal. With the location and apparently the kitchen for it, why not feed your guests properly through the day?

Fantastic location and a great place to stay to enjoy the time travel and sun of South Beach.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Wrong choice. Horrible customer service!!
    • Beachfront Double Room

Tiny room. Had third floor room and there was no working elevator!!! Welcome staff was kind enough to help us up with bags. Final desk person was a total asshole. Sorry for words. He made us feel like we were unworthy of help to carry bags down stairs. He told us that we shouldn't have even asked for help... he said nobody but us ever asked for help. He said that the lack of working elevator wasn't his fault. I'm almost 60 yrs old. Bad back and knees. Well.... the lack of working elevator isn't MY fault!!! We had to drag up and down our luggage through old staircases. I paid over $300 for one night. I will dispute our charges. Told him I would write a review. That guy had NO regard for a guest. He had no respect for anyone. Highly DO NOT recommend.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Perfect location right on ocean drive.

Could be noisy at night

Perfect location right on ocean drive. I think some people are missing the point - this is an original Art Deco hotel - if you want all facilities book into a big chain hotel. The staff in my experience were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Great location with some problems
    • Beachfront Queen Room

Way too noisy! No insulation on the windows to cut sound from the street. Heard the upstairs neighbors walking around all night.

Great location across from the beach.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Top location - but that's it
    • Classic Double Room

- very noisy room (cooling engines of adjacent building) - No coffee available at night - no coffee maker in room, contrary to description - Breakfast meager

Staff very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Best location, JORGE DIAZ best front desk clerk!
    • Classic Double Room

Excellent location. Continental breakfast was ok...literally.... 1 cup of coffee, roll and choice of fruit cup or cereal. Elevator was broken entire time. Restaurant in the evening was best on the beach, beautiful quiet music, fine dining, very expensive but worth it for a special night out. Quiet rooms, bed not bad. DON"T choose room 309 the toilet paper holder is sticking right into your hip when you sit down...crazy!!!! Talk to JORGE DIAZ, the Concierge, if you have any problems, he is what every front desk should have for an employee. He was friendly, classy, sympathetic, caring, smart, patient, sincere, clean and handsome. All the hotels on the strip automatically add on 18 - 20 gratuity to your bill. We would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Small but quaint, great location on Icean Blvd
    • Classic Double Room

No eggs with breakfast! Room was very small but quaint ...great location.... Next few nights we had mini suite at Hilton downtown on corner 21st floor for same price as Avalon ...it was spectacular!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Great Location, even better staff

Wifi was poor

Staff we're superb, friendly and so helpful. Great Hotel don't be put off by initial perception of being old fashioned, it's clean well kept and well rum

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Nicely priced hotel in the heart of South Beach
    • Partial View Queen Room

Street noise easily heard in our 3rd floor room. Doors close noisily and guests coming and going heard all night long.

Great location. Valet parking. Ditched the car and walked everywhere.Loved the Art Deco style. Right across from the beach and room came with 2 beach chairs and 2 beach towels. Very friendly and efficient staff. Light breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Great location. .
    • Classic Double Room

I wouldn't call a croissant and coffee served in a paper cup breakfast. For the price of stay. . . a little buffet with some eggs, bacon/sausage and potatoes would be nice.

Bed was comfortable and room and bedsheets clean. . but carpeting has to go.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Good location and price/value
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was disappointing. It is not a "continental breakfast", as stated in the description. The breakfast menu is composed by three items: 1) coffee or tea; 2) a croissant 3) a fruit cup or cereals. it's OK for a one night stay, but if you stay longer, it means you're basically eating the same exact thing every day. Also, the cleaning staff was very loud. Not only they scream to each other in the corridors, but they also use a very loud radio to talk to each other. This woke us every morning, and was a bit frustrating.

The location of the hotel is certainly a big plus, and the price is good. The rooms and bathroom were clean, although small and old style (but it is an art-deco hotel!). Bathroom supplies were provided daily. Another plus is the availability of beach towels and chairs. The stuff was very nice, friendly and helpful. The breakfast was served until 1pm, which is great if you like to sleep a bit more.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Wasted time
    • Classic Double Room

Not as described! No coffee maker in room & no on site parking. Valet service was terrible & "lost" an item. Hotel is not far behind, as old, needs new mattresses & a lot of TLC in rooms ( peeling paint on ceilings, cigarette burns) Ocean Dr & side streets closed to guest cars all weekend for festival, so had to walk to find a cab because couldn't find parking when driving anywhere in town. A lot of wasted time and money! Not an enjoyable weekend :( Make sure you know prices before ordering at hotels too, as waiters will try to sell you with a picture. Big trap (see photo) $45 mixed drinks & below average seafood platters. It's stone crab season ffs, granted the end, but those were too small & didn't have fresh flavor. Snow crab legs small, with little meat. Calamari appetizer was good & shrimp cocktail. Not $95 worthy. Just disappointed for friend visiting from Great Britain. Will not recommend Miami as a destination.

Great location and friendly and helpful staff.
    • Classic Queen Room

Hotel also is art deco is also in need of updating and bathrooms are old although clean enough with daily chance of towels and toiletries. Breakfast was disappointing with a choice of 3 for continental being a coffee, cerial and fruit and not enough to fill you up to start your day.

The location is brilliant right opposite the beach and central to bars, restaurants and shops. Also had sun chairs and beach towels in the room free of charge to take down to the beach. There was also a small fridge in room. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Not the same as past experiences.
    • Classic Queen Room

AC did not cool the room and kept shutting off and turning back on. We had it set to 65 and there was no way that it ever was 65 degrees ib our room. Room furniture and rooms outdated.

nice staff, nice location.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Great place to explore South Beach from

If the streets are busy, as they mostly are, then the beach facing rooms can be noisy.

On the 'strip' od South beach. Albeit expensive, it is a funky hotel in an excellent spot with a great restaurant: the tuna are to die for.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

The real South Beach experience in a charming Deco beach front Hotel
    • Beachfront Queen Room

A slight refurbishment would be needed especially in the lounge areas and the old moquette in the rooms would need a fresh up as the way too basic furniture

Awesome location on lively and buzzy Ocean Drive, amazing beach view and the unique experience of staying in one of the landmark buildings of the Deco district in South Beach

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Although I booked a king 👑 room it turned out to be a double...
    • Beachfront Queen Room

Although I booked a king 👑 room it turned out to be a double that made a small room even smaller for my husband and I . All that aside we would definitely go back for the location, kind service and a dinner ( paella ) my husband and I will never forget.. over looking the ocean 🌊 was a complete bonus. Excellent !!!!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Very good location and friendly staff
    • Classic Double Room

The first night we were in a room with a very noisy A/C but that was very well handled the next day with a free upgrade to a better room

Very good location and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

perfect location to stay on south beach ,in iconic art deco hotel .
    • Classic Queen Room

great location..... excellent food ...

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great location, lovely staff.
    • Classic Queen Room

Great location, lovely staff. Very comfortable.

Browse Avalon Hotel traveller photo gallery