Reviews of Avenue Plaza Resort 3 stars

2111 Saint Charles Avenue, Central City, New Orleans, LA 70130 , USA

#44 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

• Studio

Bathroom was tiny, they had a huge area outside the bathroom that was just wasted space so could have been used to make it bigger. Lifts were horribly slow. A lot of people in reviews complained about being harassed about the time share but we didn't get asked once about it.

It was great having the kitchenette, even a dishwasher! Beds were great, nice big room. Having the trolley bus right outside the hotel door was great also. $1.25 each way, cheap as chips!

• Studio

They called me at 9 a.m Sunday morning to ask me what my plan was. We put "don't disturb" in the door. But I guess they didn't check it and they called from the reception directly. The main door of the room has something to close it by itself. That sounds like a teenager angry closing the door every time that somebody enter in their room. I think that it's a huge problem to resolve.

The room has all the facilities that you need during a trip. The location is really good and the staff is kindly. The guys form the valet parking are so nice.

• One-Bedroom Suite

no clock in living room/kitchen area. Room was not refreshed daily. Restaurant is too pricey. Needs another one like a bistro, cafe, etc. There is not a bar or somewhere to grab a fast bite.

nice bed, good kitchen, wonderful shower.

• Studio

The facility was super friendly and welcomed us every time we walked in or walked out. Had such great energy! We took a Lyft every where, the most we spent was about 8 bucks to the French Quarter! Will definitely book again if we come back!

• Studio

They don’t do housekeeping and they don’t clean your room daily. Nowhere do they tell you that and for the price you pay they should clean. We found a roach in our room and were greatly disappointed. When I called to report it they still didn’t clean the room. I was grossed out. Not worth the money at all.

• Studio

You have to sit through a 90 minute talk on the property.

The bed was very nice. Kitchen was great. Dinning area was nice. Great view of the city. On the street car line. Liked the balcony on the first floor. The property itself was nice.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Cult-like sales culture in this place. Will never stay with Wyndham again. There is something broken in their management/leadership model. Feel sorry for the staff.

• Studio

Was never told that it was a time share hotel & they pressured me into trying to buy into it. Asked for clean sheets and towels and had to change your own sheets. Well never book again or this website.

Close to the trolley & nice restaurants

• Studio

Awful service. Only the doormen were nice! I’m still waiting for more toilet paper since they do not have daily maid service. Completely messed up my bill and another rooms bill!

• Studio

A little too far from french quarter, 40 minutes to Jackson square. Bathroom rather small. Air-conditioning very noisy. No noise insulation, we could hear other guests talking in the corridor outside.

Lots of restaurants near hotel. Helpful staff. Nice complimentary meals. Good coffee in garden room. Kitchen in room very well equipped. Right on St. Charles trolley line.

• Studio

didn't have anyplace to get food or snacks unless you go down the street to a restaurant or store. there is a full kitchen in the room so you have to bring food with you if you want something in the room.

Great location, very quiet and safe location. room was very clean, bed was like sleeping on a cloud. staff was beyond friendly and helpful. all of the staff greeted us every time they saw us and always ask if everything was okay and if we needed anything.

• Studio

The area around the hotel seemed a little sketchy. Definitely an place where I wouldn't walk around alone at night. It's a little far from the French Quarter too. The trolley is apparently very busy during peak dates (e.g., spring break) and it was almost impossible to catch them sometimes. But it's only a $8 lyft/uber ride to the French quarter.

For the price, it's a pretty good deal. We were very happy with the quality of the rooms.

• Studio

The room was a nice size but the bathroom and shower were super small. I’m not a very big person I’m 5”10 175lbs and I barley had enough room to take a shower.

The location was great and the staff was super friendly.

• Studio

Bathroom was small, soft bed was not comfortable, and resort people kept asking us to participate in meeting we were not interested in.

The shower, kitchen area, and location

• Studio

The only thing was - I did not know I needed to request room service for clean towels while out for the day, since there was a door hanger that said no need for service.

Staff were extremely friendly and gave great recommedations for eating etc. The resort is lovely and clean and appealing and the room was very comfortable.

• Studio

It's a timeshare so beware selling tactics.

The location was perfect, right next to the streetcar that takes you downtown and through the gorgeous Garden District. The bed was super comfortable!

• Studio

It shows "breakfast included" when I booked the rooms, but during 6-nights staying, hotel supplied one day breakfast at 10:00am for one hour only. (only one breakfast for 6-nights). Room cleaning is chargeable, they would not clean your room unless you pay USD50 each for it. When we checked out, we asked for the "Guest Folio with daily breakdown", the receiption refused and required us to get if from "Extra Holiday"!! When I showed the Folio from which one of rooms already was printed out from them, the receiption looks like an "idiot", deaf and dummy........Of course, I had evidence in hand, after my strong explanation, they gave the same one. But I can't understand why she refused without thinking firstly to avoid the waste of time each other..... also, they were making big story and kick off the ball for refunding my coleague's advance deposite paid last year...

• Studio

near the store where I can buy something to eat.

• Studio

It shows "breakfast included" when I booked the rooms, but during 6-nights staying, hotel supplied one day breakfast at 10:00am for one hour only. (only one breakfast for 6-nights). Room cleaning is chargeable, they would not clean your room unless you pay USD50 each for it. When we checked out, we asked for the "Guest Folio with daily breakdown", the receiption refused and required us to get if from "Extra Holiday"!! When I showed the Folio from which one of rooms already was printed out from them, the receiption looks like an "idiot", deaf and dummy........Of course, I had evidence in hand, after my strong explanation, they gave the same one. But I can't understand why she refused without thinking firstly to avoid the waste of time each other..... also, they were making big story and kick off the ball for refunding my advance deposite paid last year...

close to a store where I can buy something to eat.

• Studio

Tiny bathroom. Door to shower didn’t close fully. Timeshare presentation a little heavy handed.

Kitchen in room. Comfortable bed. Window in bathroom. Vanity area.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Awesome location for Mardi Gras, right on the parade route. Even outside of Mardi Gras, it's a great location, right on the streetcar line. Great facilities, like a heated pool/spa, exercise room, etc. Staff is awesome!

• Studio

The walls are thin as far as noise, but we did not have any huge issues during our stay.

That we had a kitchenette, Beds were comfy, the table work space was great!

• Studio

I didn't know this was a timeshare facility and they were going to try really hard to sell me one. I just wanted to enjoy a leisurely weekend. They have people hovering by the elevator to make sure you don't get away without them trying to sell you.

Great location, nice and clean rooms

• One-Bedroom Suite

Waiting for car and room not being clean daily.

The room was very accommodating for me and my family. The safe was friendly and courteous. The location was perfect!

• One-Bedroom Suite

The tour.I was there for relaxation. They were to persistant on this promotion and when you didnt buy i felt attitude. I was uoset as well because this was not advertised in the booking website. This tour was not my intention. Im not sure i would stay there again because of this.

The whole place was amazing.

• Studio

The hotel is really time-share apartments. There is no housekeeping during your stay. Bathroom was small and primitive considering the price. There is no bar onsite and the restaurant is only open for dinner. Breakfast requires sitting through a time-share sales pitch. The name says "resort" but it's not much different than a middle-of-the-road chain hotel.

Beds were good. Studio apartment room is pretty big. Good location.

• Studio

Loud refrigerator we had to turn off. Checkout time of 10am too early. Amenities like coffee and soap provided for one night but we were there for 3 nights. Our room was near elevator and the constant dings of elevator door open and closing... and of guests going on and off kept us awake much of the night. Rooms excessively expensive for the area.

Nice bed

• Studio

The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious and pleasant. The hotel is conveniently located on St. Charles and the streetcar line. I will definitely stay here whenever I travel to New Orleans!

• One-Bedroom Suite

This is a time share property - your choice to partcipate or not in “talks or presentations”.

Great location on St Charles Ave, a short trolley ride to the French Quarter. Fab dive bar next door - Igor’s, great for inexpensive drinks while doing washing or playing pool. Newly renovated suites are very clean, quiet and comfortable. Restaurants, boutiques and galleries of Magazine St just a few blocks walk away.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Hotel allows active solicitation in its lobby and people even coming up to your room to get you to 'meetings' - even if you haven't booked them. Wireless not really working! Concierge books you for a taxi to the airport and promises a good car - but then you have to share it with others but pay the same price.

Pool area is nice.

• Studio

There was no housekeeping service, room wasn’t cleaned. The hotel seemed to be more of a timeshare facility because upon check in when we asked for a Map we were passed onto the tours desk where we were offered free tour tickets if we attended a free breakfast and then attended a session on Wyndham’s holiday time share offer which would take 2 hours. With limited time in New Orleans we couldn’t think of anything worse and being not from the US why would we ever sign up for a time share in New Orleans

The room was good and the location in the Garden District right at a streetcar stop was great.

See above

Wished we had a map of hotel as we didn't find out till day we were leaving where the pool/hot tub was located, all they were interested was getting us to do a time share.

• Studio

It is hard to close the room door without making noise. Some attention to fit & trim would make it more quiet for all residents & guests.

Very friendly staff throughout. Everything needed was available in, or near the property.

• Studio

Was not aware property was a time share. Price of parking. Smells in other rooms doing cooking was rather strong.

Room spacious. Bed comfortable. Staff friendly. Relatively quiet.

• Studio

We came there only for 2 days and more than half of the first day they kept us on the presentation about their vacation program that was supposed to take only 90 min; staff was either extremely helpful and knowledgeable or totally ignorant and didn't help with anything; my husband destroyed his brand new shirt because of a sharp nail on a chair in our room - they promised to make it up to him and return the money- they never did. So overall we're very disappointed with the quality of service as only few people there really knew their job and the rest just did the crowd.

Comfortable beds, clean room, kitchen and bathroom.

• Studio

Didn't like that there wasn't a small bar on property to purchase a beverage. Also wish there was an adult swim time (maybe from 9-11 pm and for ages 18 and older). Really couldn't enjoy the small pool because kids were in there very late.

Loved the mini apt. And spacious room. Staff were very friendly. Enjoyed the balcony overlooking the street as well as the trolley right out in front. Would definitely stay here again!

• Studio

The only thing I wish they would change is paying for parking.

The room was really nice, we had a suite. Lots of room. Fully stocked. The staff is there to help you with anything and everything. They booked trips for people. They would go up and beyond to make sure you were happy. They are friendly and the hotel was beautiful. Loved the roof top, took really cool pictures at night up there. When we come to New Orleans again, we will stay here again.

Timeshare resort.

I booked the room as a regular hotel stay. It is actually a vacation resort property and we felt pressured to attend the 90 minute presentation. Would not stay there again due to it being a timeshare property.

• Studio

I'm a smoker so that may have been the only thing. Really nothing on the hotels behalf.

I really loved my room and the facility. I was so relaxed I didn't want to leave.

• Studio

Called several times to try to get us to go to a time share sales breakfast or lunch even after we stated we were not interested.

Great location! Room was clean. Kitchenette was nice. Room was small. Difficult to get past second bed to bathroom. Bed covered half the doorway, although this was a minor inconvenience. We plan to stay here again when we go back to NOLA!

• Studio

Location was perfect - the garden district is beautiful. Street car picks up right out front of hotel. $3 for a 24 hour ride ticket. The rooms were fresh and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The air conditioning maintained an even, cool temperature. The outside pool and hot tub were clean and of perfect temperatures. The staff was over the top helpful and friendly. The rooftop view was amazing!

• Studio

We were told breakfast was included but when we asked at the front desk they told us that breakfast was Monday and Tuesday only. The wifi dropped out every time it rained and often didn't come back on until sometime the next day.

Most staff were very friendly and the room was fantastic. Comfortable beds and decent bathroom. Facilities were great (pool, laundry, etc). The location was really great. Within easy walking distance to the Garden District and Lafayette Cemetery. Trolley stopped right outside to take you into the French Quarter. Great restaurants and cafes nearby. Walgreens and convenience stores very close.

Everything was A OK.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The courtyard, the sauna, media center, roof top and the rooms were welcoming and comfortable. I made several small requests during my stay and the staff responded in record time. Excellent!!!!!!

• Studio

The air conditioning vent blows directly on your head if you are sleeping in bed near it. I tried to position vents different way but could not. Was afraid i may get congested especially after shower.

Trolley car stop right in front was good.

• Studio

Wi-fi connection was out but probably due to weather.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Staff was very nice, even those not assisting us directly.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Studio

The HVAC unit was LOUD. In the middle of the night, it would kick on and wake me up. I, could hear other guests closing their doors (doors slammed shut), Taking a nap, do not disturb on my doorknob, a staff member knocks on my door...when I went to answer it, he was already down the hall when he realized it was the wrong room. Needless to say, I did not get much rest.

Staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Liked the kitchenette.

• Studio

We didn't like the 2 hour sales pitch they said we agreed to go to when we signed the terms of agreement. I thought I was booking an hotel room. I didn't know I was booking a time share and had to endure that. It was pressure sales and we didn't like it. Except for that, it was great.

• Studio

Being pressured on check-in to attend a seminar about 'time share' and get rewarded with discount tickets to museums,exhibitions and tours.

The location and having a trolley bus stop outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

No bar at the property

Super-friendly staff, huge apartment for the price, nice swimming pool, great view from the roof terrace, easy access to French Quarter by tram

• One-Bedroom Suite

Time Share program was taken so as to get a lower cost of a tour. The program was guaranteed to be 90 minutes, but lasted close to 3 hours!!!! AND the tour we requested AND thought we were guaranteed to get and was to receive was NOT what eventually happened when we received the tickets from the ticket issuing place FAR FROM the hotel property.

Location in front of trolley line to downtown NOLA.

• Studio

Bathroom small and not very clean. Commode had a leak at the base and shower was really small Also walls are really thin you could hear everything outside of room

The Staff went out the way to help with anything they could, the trolly stop is right in front of the hotel Bed was comfortable to me.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

I didn't like the blue metal doors.. they looked like a jail cell door...sorry ☹️

Very nice comfy, nice city view from the roof, VERY FRIENDLY staff, and the Trolley car stop is right there to get around.

• Studio

The pool was heated so that even in the hot sun it didn't offer much relief

The comfor level was outstanding and the staff was so amazing. They were friendly helpful and pleasant at all hours:)

• One-Bedroom Suite

the staff miss informed me several times and acted like after staying 3 days getting extra towels for out room. Also not up front about the "free" breakfast finding out you had to attend a seminar and asking for additional funds didn't attend and did not like it sounded like hidden agenda to me. when checking out all took for ever and it was not crowded either. then being told you owe use you didn't pay for etc. etc. when all I asked was could I have the final bill and charge it to the existing card. Staff member said loud enough that I'm sure other people thought we were trying to stiff the bill. I would never stay there again ever ever.

the kitchen

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

We had a two night stay. The room wasn't serviced. Desk staff too pushy on arrival re trips - seemed to be on commission.

Initial welcome great. Nice big suite very well appointed.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

I felt it was a bit overpriced. The rooms were nice but lacked a wow factor for me. Most hotels that I've stayed at at this price point include a breakfast or drinks or something. There was no maid service for our entire stay (4 nights).

The staff was great. Always greeting us with smiles. The rooms were quiet.

• Studio

Would have been excellent to have thorough, professional, clean of the room at least once during length of stay - especially bathroom.

Friendly, helpful staff, spacious room, laundry self service; cooking facilities, near amenities, great neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Bathroom was small, but totally fine.

Comfortable bed, well appointed kitchenette with dishwasher! They had all the utensils one might need, and even supplies like dishwasher detergent and laundry detergent.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Studio

Bathroom was ridiculously small. We didn't realize this is a time share so rooms are not cleaned. Bring extra coffee. You won't need kitchen I. NOLA with many great places to eat

Location across the street from street cars was great. Staff was very pleasant and let us check in early. We had a room with a great view. Ask for a top floor at the end of a hallway. It's noisy near the elevator.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Studio

It is considered a 'timeshare' type resort so we did listen to the sell in exchange for discount on tours, but 90 min turned into 3hrs. I also think parking was a bit costly

Room was very comfortable and provided basic kitchen supplies. The pool was a little small, however it was heated, otherwise would not have used it much since it is outdoors. Free laundry room for guests and easy access to trolley. The trolley is a must have. Staff knowledgeable about the area, and we felt very welcomed.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Studio

That they do not have a daily cleaning service, because they say is a Time Share, but I just hope they can inform the public before booking.

Love the location.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Studio

Bathroom is very small. Change out the cabinets to shelves and it will give the bathroom "more" room. Need additional racks to hang towels and at least one soap dish in the shower.

Your staff is outstanding. Friendly, helpful and perky without being annoying. Kudos to Brittney in owner services. She goes the extra mile and remembered I had a shellfish allergy and made sure my porboy of catfish was not comprised. I really appreciate her.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Studio

if I am paying for all nights of a hotel stay, why would the hotel charge an additional $110 if I left a day early? This is a ridiculous policy. If anything, it gave the hotel an extra day to repait the room. The phone and the dishwasher didn't work. The cold water for the bathroom had to be turned on. Also, the kitchen cabinets weren't screwed in.

The location is good.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Studio

The price i booked out was less than what i was charged. it was only a couple of dollars more per night and still a good value but prices should not change

The room was similar to a studio apartment including a decent size fridge. Right near the trolley which will take you into the French Quarter

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

The staff was very professional and very friendly. The room and the facility was very clean and cozy. I would recommend yor hotel as one of the best stays in New Orleans. I will be back.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Studio

This hotel is a time share, the information staff will try to get you to sign up by offering a 'free' breakfast or lunch, they don't tell you what it is about!!! The room we had was next to the engineers room, full of running motors, very noisy room. We were there for 3 nights and didn't see any room staff, we had to ask for clean towels.

Great location, street cars at the door $3 for a day pass, wonderful!

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Studio

The bathroom was very small and no storage space for groceries...but well-stocked with dishes and utensils.

The staff was amazing. There was a little mixup with the paperwork but all in all it was a great stay.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Studio

Not sure if it could have been avoided- but the time-share presentation... waste of time. It was good information- but a huge time suck at the beginning of our day. Mostly annoying. They do compensate for your time, but looking back, I would have rather spent the time exploring.

The staff were amazing, friendly, helpful, and attentive. Always smiling, always chatting with customers. The property location is excellent- walking distance to shops, food, local neighborhoods, and the street car. The room was updated, and excellent for our needs. It was painless to get back to the airport and they held our bags after checkout so we could still enjoy the last of our time there. Excellent experience!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Studio

The aggressive nature of the timeshare request. I booked it straight and wasn't interested in a timeshare.

The staff was very helpful and all seemed happy to be employed there.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Initially the entrance showed promise and a little opulent. The receptionist dealing with me must have previously worked as a prison warden as I felt as if I was being processed to a cell.. (fortunately never had that experience, just from movies I might add.) it's only fair to say the other receptionists were lovely and helpful, especially Anna. The room was an awful smell and we had to ask for another room which was only a small improvement. Rooms were just average and king size bed was not king size in my experience. Much too expensive for what was offered. Parking was $45.00 for two nights, 'scandalous exploitation' of weary travellers. Would not reccomend his hotel unless they lowered their prices by at least 50% and greatly reduced their parking fees. 😖

The sidecar/trolley bus stop was across the road. Rooms was obviously cleaned by maids. (Apart from smell which was not their fault)

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

There was nothing.

Great location with the tram stop just outside the front door. Great room size love the Kichenett &Sun roof Great views,Comfy bed. Staff great

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Studio

Pool was too small. Maybe Consider airport shuttle service :) all this is minor things And we would for sure stay at avenue plaza again :)!!

Staff was so friendly and helpful all the time. Room was so nice.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Studio

The vanity was too close to the toilet. Someone bigger than me is gonna be cramped in the bathroom. The person at the front desk didn't communicate to the morning shift that we were granted a late check out. The cleaning service was beating on the door about 2 hours before it was time to check out.

Very upscale hotel for the price. Courteous staff. Nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Studio

There was constantly an odd smell in the room that you get once you walk in the door, may have been to do with the air on I don't know.

Size of room, great staff, kitchen in room, pool, great wifi.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Studio

I liked Everything was very satisfied.

It was a very clean and nice environment great location and excellent walking distance to bars stores and restaurants.

Browse Avenue Plaza Resort traveller photo gallery