Reviews of Avista Resort 3 stars

300 North Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, SC 29582, USA

#37 of 240 hotels in Myrtle Beach

We will definitely stay here again
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

The parking garage was a little tight

Property was very clean and has an awesome view and the staff was very friendly and helpful kids loved the pool area

housekeeping were so nice as well as the bellhops.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

The front desk people said they would text when the room was ready, they didn’t. Every time we dealt with the front desk employees they were rude and didn’t follow through. Always blaming the last person we spoke to. The House keeping was awesome though.

housekeeping were so nice as well as the bellhops. Very helpful and kept the place running and clean.

Right at the beach, ocean view was amazing.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View

Why I couldn't check in earlier, say at least 12 to 2pm, but had to wait til a little after 4pm, with 5 kids keep in mind, but I had to be checked out by 11am. Seems a little unfair especially when I'm paying that much!

Right at the beach, ocean view was amazing. Family oriented, plus the kids love the warm indoor lazy river pool n the outside pool too.

Great experience
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Check-in. Reception was not very friendly and a little short when you ask questions. Also, in the bathroom the drain tn the tub took a while to go out.

The Room was awesome.

Not What We Expected- Would Not Recommend
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Extremely overcrowded, but to be fair it was July 4th week and you have to accept that. Dated and cramped “suite” with one bathroom, a small Murphy bed and an old sofa that did not pull out. Lots of unsupervised kids in pool areas (juice boxes thrown at myself and teen girls from upper level balconies being my major issue) and rowdy drunk adults. Smoking and cigarette butts were abundant. Beach was absolutely filthy. Definitely not the experience I had hoped for in a moderately expensive (we paid $240 a night) “resort” in North Myrtle. We were there for a dance competition with no other options. I did not take my complaints to hotel staff as the majority of my issues were not things that could be solved by hotel staff.

My check-in experience and experience with housekeeping were both fine. Easy access to unloading areas, luggage cart and elevators.

Great location and it was clean and staff was friendly.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

The a.c. vents were in the living area and none in the bedroom. In order to try to cool the bedroom you freeze in the living room, but the bedroom was still too warm.

Great location and it was clean and staff was friendly.

It was enjoyable.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Check in time: gave us keys and told us they would call when room was ready at the latest 4 P.M. At 4:20 P.M. they still hadn't called. I called the desk and they said the room was ready, but then gave me the wrong room number so the key didn't work. I get the idea that they don't let anyone in till after 4 P.M. but I can't believe that all rooms are not ready till 4. They should call when the room is ready and then the elevators wouldn't be so congested, and since they have already check everyone in on arrival, it would make people happier to let them move in when rooms are ready and not just have everyone waiting around till 4.

Location was great. Resort was very clean. View from room was nice and housekeeping staff was excellent.

The most amazing resort ever! Don’t look nowhere else

I enjoy everything!!!

I love how fast everything was check out was awesome because we just had to text reception and that was it. I enjoyed the beach the pool I love how there was fresh water to wash the saltines off! I usually go to paradise resort however there was no vacancy. HONESTLY glad there wasn’t if not I wouldn’t have had an amazing experience with Avista. My favorite resort from now on will be coming back!!!!

Family vacation.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

People saving seats around pool by 9 AM and returning to pool from beach hours later! Need clocks to help judge time spent in sun, etc. Unclean hotel towels left on chairs so it appeared the chair was being used.

Family vacation. Relaxing. Proximity to beach and amenities of facility...2 lazy Rivers, pools, could get out of sun and still enjoy pools

We had a great vacation!
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

It was at times difficult to cross street with groceries or other packages. Parking garage attached to resort is more convenient. But this is a minor issue.

The proximity to the beach was great. It was close to many different restaurants and there are several grocery stores are nearby. Having a washer/dryer in the unit was an added bonus. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Pools were nice as well.

Clean rooms.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View

Wall bed blocked by dining table. Small living area!

Clean rooms. Great location. Excellent inside and outside pools! Very large bedroom! Will stay again and do recommend.

Quiet and fun !
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View

There was nothing not to like about it everything was perfect. We could not of found a better place to go. The Murphy bed mattress could be updated but that's it.

The Avista was beautifully set up in the quiet end of the beach. Check-in was fast and smooth .The employees were super nice and helpful. All the pools were awesome. We will be going back !

Location and pool facilities with beach
    • King Suite - Ocean Front

Not as clean as it used to be in years past. The room was only serviced 3 of the 5 nights with linens. We had to ask another housekeeper for towels and dishwashing detergent. Beds we not made and room not serviced regularly.

Location and pool facilities with beach

Bad parents
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Check in, small pools with little adult supervision, kids running like wild animals, pool towels laying in piles all around deck, walk to beach.

Awesome location, awesome room, awesome view, great elevators, friendly staff

I like how the locations of the rooms were, and the pool...
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Beds were tough. Could hear a lot of outside noise in the hallway. And the neighbors in their room. Getting to the beach was more hassle then it’s worth.

I like how the locations of the rooms were, and the pool looked neat we didn’t swim in it.

Fantastic
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Lazy river was alot slower than other lazy rivers I have used. I wish we had been encouraged to talk to concierge when we checked in. We were unaware of resort activities for kids. Also, to get more info about area activities and to obtain tickets

The proximity to the beach is excellent. The condo was very nice, clean and had all necessary kitchen and bathroom supplies

Over all we have a wonderful time in spite of the few hiccups
    • King Suite - Ocean Front

First of all the girl at the check-in counter wasn’t happy with me because I wanted to see our room before I Fully checked in second of all they picked the worst weekend to shut down two of the elevators so they could change out the carpet not a good idea

Our room was very nice the pool was beautiful cleaned every day very nice beach enjoyed

not a hotel..dont expect much
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

it has a smell....housekeeping was weak. This facility is a condo thus people own them....it doesnt have the hotel great accomodations clean fresh feel....the unit is all dependent on the owner..if they are in it for money it will show in the pillows the bedding and the overall room! The owners don't live there they use it as a money maker so they don't put money into keeping the carpets clean and keeping the hallways fresh and clean... it feels like an apartment building in Spanish Harlem. But that apartment building was placed on the beach...

Amazing! I will definitely return!
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

I felt that the lunch and dinner menu at the resort’s restaurant was overpriced and although very courteous, the restaurant staff were slow.

What really stood out about the property was the cleanliness of the room and property as well as the friendliness of both staff and fellow visitors.

Loved the friendly staff and the location of the hotel!
    • One-Bedroom Corner Suite

I didn't like that there was no smoking in the balcony and no smoking areas in the tree top bar or restaurant. I also didn't like that you couldn't get but 1 parking pass if your room had 1 bedroom!

Loved the friendly staff and the location of the hotel!

Awesome!
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

They were replacing the carpet around the elevators so only one was working for one day which was rough with all the holiday crowd!

It was our first visit but it definitely won’t be the last! It is close enough to the Main Street so you can walk to everything!

Oceanfront - easy beach access and nice accomodations
    • King Suite - Ocean Front

The area for unloading is very tight and hard to negotiate .

We were in a one bedroom condo . Very spacious . Could have slept 6 people in there. The pool area is very nice with hot tubs and pools and plenty of lounge chairs. A bar by the pool.DVDs for free for rainy days

Love this place .
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View

I just didn’t realize we didn’t have an oceanfront instead of an ocean view but it’s okay . The price was a little steep but I didn’t realize it was Memorial Day until a week after we booked it .

I loved there was a washer and dryer and a dishwasher . The layout of the room was amazing and I love the deep tubs.

Never going back.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Parking was bad. Room was unclean. Staff was rude. Policies were insane. Should have gotten our money back and left within ten minutes of arrival.

The location was decent.

Proximity to the beach and to family that lives in the area.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Didn’t like having to park across the street especially since it rained the entire stay. The toilet in the bathroom ran constantly and flushed by itself. The first day we made the staff aware of the issue. They were to come up the next morning to repair it. Didn’t show until I asked if anyone had looked at it. Was told there was no entry on their log. Sent someone late and the tank guts needed to be replaced. Was suppose to do it next day but it was still running at check out.

Proximity to the beach and to family that lives in the area.

My bed was extremely comfortable, neat and clean room.
    • King Suite - Ocean Front

I enjoyed it all. did not have any complaints

My bed was extremely comfortable, neat and clean room. My housekeeper very helpful when I needed something. my first time staying on the south end. i am use to the north side . new atmosphere as well was great

The location is great!
    • King Suite - Ocean Front

It appears to be an older property that needs renovation. There were lots of bad smells that lingered all through our stay on the 4th floor. If you’re looking for a family vacation spot with kids - it’s probably perfect. If you’re a couple looking for a little bit of luxury & special times - don’t stay at the Avista.

The location is great! Walking distance to everything Ocean Drive.

The accommodates were updated and very clean.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

The accommodates were updated and very clean. The pools, decks, and chairs were great, as well. With a nice bar and grill near the pool, it made for some very relaxing days. Highly recommend.

We have enjoyed our stay at the Avista many times in the past, this stay was a sore disappointment.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

The sliding glass door to the balcony was a constant problem. The room door was left unlocked and ajar by the some maintanance personel. The first cleaning personel did not do their job properly and spoke no English.

My stay was amazing!
    • One-Bedroom Corner Suite

My stay was amazing! I would've loved to extend my stay, but must go back to reality... The rooms are spacious, very clean, and fully equipped with all your essential needs. If you are looking for a wonderful vacation this place is it! Thank you avista for the amazing stay!

Would definitely recommend this resort to a couple or a family, everything is close by.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Nothing. Keep it the way it is

The resort was absolutely spectacular. The rooms were very clean, maid staff was friendly and courteous, the restaurant on site was just the right atmosphere. It was convenient and we were able to eat on the veranda and enjoy the beach and the sunset. It was spectacular and then came the walk on the beach, very clean and the hotel staff was awesome. Thank you for providing us with a wonderful week., We will be back soon.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Room was very clean. The staff was so friendly and polite. Will definitely be back next year. Billy the bartender was excellent made us feel like we were at our local bar.

My expectations were very high and I splurged for the first time on a vacation.. I was disaapointed
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Staff members did the minimum work when cleaning our room and changing sheets, (which were only done 2x for our 10 day stay).. Even when we asked for new sheets, the bed was just simply remade not replaced when I returned from my daily activities.. More then once I had to seek out house keeping to get clean dry towels for the bathroom and shower. I did encounter 2 fantastic house keepers and tipped them promptly $20 for cleaning our room and changing sheets. The outdoor pools were air temp (63'). Indoor pool areas were clean and neat but the air quality was so thick with Chlorine we could not use it. When we try to add 3 more days to our 5 day trip it took over an hour and I had to rebook it through an outside agency. Booking.com got us the room for 3 days for grand total of $515. Avista wants to book us 3 nights $356 per/night + 17 % hotel tax and 11% tax..

Brandon at the front desk went above and beyond what I expected. This gentleman is what every front desk staff member should strive to be. Restaurant meals were simply amazing, GREAT Chef. The view from our balcony was amazing and hearing waves crashing was very relaxing. Pool staff was helpful, friendly and courteous.

It would have been subpar until we were leaving and the bellhop did not offer to help me load the ca
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

When I was checking out the bellhop stood behind the podium and did not offer to help. My mother was in a wheelchair and I had oxygen and several other pieces of equipment. He just stood there talking to me but never offered to help get the wheelchair in the car or anything. He lit up a cigarette and began to smoke this cigarette and talk to me about he had to help his mother in a wheelchair also but still never offered to help.

The staff was helpful and friendly. The view from our balcony was beautiful. The staff in the dining room went above and beyond. They were all wonderful.

It was short but very satisfying and a much needed relaxation.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

No complaints. But, if I have to pick one, I'll point to the lack of a free breakfast buffet.

The ocean-front view (from the high-floor balcony) was incredible. It was the first time we got a room with a direct view of the ocean. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped. Kitchen had a full fridge, a standard microwave oven and plenty of nice plates and cutlery. The separate bedroom space was very special. We had a great time. Wish we were able to stay for a longer period of time.

I feel like the $1258.00 I paid for a 5 night stay in early April was too much.
    • King Suite - Ocean Front

Beds and furniture were very uncomfortable. The room at check in had a very old, worn out sofa and no other option for seating other than the dining area chairs. The unit smelled like it had been sprayed with a fragrance spray to cover up odors. I called the desk and was given the option of two other rooms. I picked the one that looked less worn and at least had another chair for seating. Overall the unit was clean but could have been better.

Good location in respect to beach and other activities.

The heated indoor pools and lazy rivers.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View

Service wasn't terrible but could've been better.

The heated indoor pools and lazy rivers. The poolside tiki bar. The location (could walk to shops and restaurants). Great for family.

Spring Break
    • One-Bedroom Corner Suite

Would be nice to have more stuff for the kids such as an arcade.

Comfortable and direct access to the beach. Limited access to parking deck was good too.

was not worth the money e paid at all. will choose a better property next time.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

run down building in places, awful parking ramp, no signs for guidance, staff was not friendly, housekeeping never came for even towel replacement, pool water inside building was nasty

restaurant was good.

Room was very comfortable and in very good condition.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Dining room in hotel was expensive, but there were a lot of options nearby

Room was very comfortable and in very good condition. Hotel was spotless and staff was friendly. I've stayed in Myrtle Beach a lot, and this was the cleanest hotel (pools, room, fitness center) I've stayed in for the cost. Very pleased, would return and recommend.

Exceeded expectations, fast check in and out, great price, so much fun with the kids!
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

the ONLY thing I could complain about is the beds, they were super hard..but the couch was comfy, so I managed.

The staff was so friendly..they even text me throughout my stay to make sure everything was good with my stay! the hotel was top notch

Best place I have ever stayed and will be back with our family vacation with the kids.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Our length of stay we eloped and got married on the beach so we left Sunday.

We were getting married they had rose pedals every were it was beautiful with the towels as kissing swan very clean rooms and nice

Was impressed with pretty much everything.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Indoor pool was closed the day we came in due to something. Next day when we went there was a dirty film around pool wall which was kind of nasty. I touch it to see if it was stain or something else and it was slimy. Made me wonder how clean it was.

Everything was great overall.

Great location for a quiet and relaxing vacation.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

We were not unhappy with anything at the resort..except for our vacation coming to an end and having to leave lol.

We were extremely impressed with the property and the location. We loved the size of the room, the amenities at the resort, and how quiet and relaxing the atmosphere was at the resort.

Great 2 day trip with family.
    • Corner Three-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

First room had water damage and a leak on the floor, but the front desk quickly gave us a new room.

Room was clean and spacious. Pools and hot tub were clean. Right on the beach.

Very clean and it has a washer dryer and full kitchen with a...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View

It needs more movie channels and if the maids ( which were very sweet and kind) could understand English it would be helpful. I tried to tell her she didn't need to clean just new towels but they couldn't understand me at all even with hand motions :( I felt really bad for them not knowing what we're saying :( They did a great job cleaning the room so it wasn't terrible just thought it may need to be addressed.

Very clean and it has a washer dryer and full kitchen with a nice oceanfront view. The movie rental in the lobby was convenient and had some decent movies. The indoor pool and lazy river were very warm which was great in early March. Overall we had a great time and even stayed another night because we didn't want to leave lol.

Would NEVER go back! Worst customer service
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Worst hotel stay of my life. Large group staying here of completely unsupervised minors (the hotel claims there are some "chaperone" rooms although I did not see one single adult supervising all day or night) and the hotel is offering no sort of assistance to other guests who are having their stay ruined. Couldn't use the amenities because the hundreds of teens running about were overtaking them. The hotel staff should have notified other guests this event would be occurring. This hotel is marketed as a "family friendly" environment. While I understand that they cannot control the actions of all their guests, they should have brought in some extra security to help control such a large group. Instead, after complaining they basically said they can't do anything (because we booked via booking.com) and offered us some free breakfast. I paid over $200 for one night in March and am not even able to sleep. The pool area was filthy as well. I'm beyond disappointed.

The room was clean.

Disappointing as the value equation just didn’t work. Too much money, not enough value.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

You hear everything from the rooms around you. Above, below, and on your floor. WiFi signal is very limited in strength and bandwidth.

Location is nice, rooms were comfortable.

Overall my stay was good
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View

The breakfast was not free. There was no continental breakfast. No free coffee or anything. The amount of money I spent no free breakfast.

The resort was excellent

Have stayed here before .Like the spacious room.The hostess for the reunion recommended this facilit
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Didn’t like parking deck across the street and the bath towels a bit coarse

Ame for a high school reunion Friday & Saturday .Stayed over to watch Super Bowl.Onlything didn’t like was parking garage across the street.Bath towels were not soft

Overall I had a great stay!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

I didn’t like how parking was across the street, I didn’t like the side view of the beach, I think the gym is a little outdated. I wish there was more at the hotel to do like an arcade or a chill spot to see views since the hotel is so tall. The room I was in was great but the kitchen was a little small with 4 adults, the pricing was great but I know that’s only because we went during the winter.

I enjoyed the bed and I like the jet tub but the jets didn’t work right even when help was sent up. I enjoyed the pool. I liked being high up verses the first floor.

Awesome!
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Only thing I can honestly say that I “didn’t” like, is that they have a person sitting near the front check in desk that tries to get you to buy into timeshares. To me, that is annoying...but to each their own.

The room was very nice and clean, and the view from the balcony was awesome!

Love the Avista. Very friendly and great amenities.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Wish that you had golf cart service to Main Street after dark.

Very friendly staff. Room was updated and in great shape. Had a running toilet and maintenance was there in 10 minutes to fix it.

First time in North Myrtle Beach and would definately come back to the Avista in NMB!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

My biggest complaint would be the parking building. With bigger vehicles, the ramps and turns are very small. We had to back up several times to let cars through. Need bigger parking garage.

The beds were comfortable. The coffee was good. The view was great! The amenities were good! I would come back to the Avista next time I come to Myrtle Beach.

We were only staying overnight for Christmas visiting my...
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

As I said above my only complaint was that the parking situation is a little inconvenient. But in warmer weather that would not be as much of a problem.

We were only staying overnight for Christmas visiting my brother who lives nearby and who has cancer. His beds were full with other family members. It was freezing cold, so we couldn't enjoy the beach. This looks like a lovely place to stay in warmer weather. Our unit was spacious, well appointed, and comfortable, but in this case, we only came to the hotel to sleep, we spent most of the time at my brother's with family celebrating Christmas. The only drawback to this resort is the across the street parking, and the congestion to the car-loading situation when checking out. Everyone was leaving at the same time, it was bitter-cold under the building, and it was difficult to get packed and maneuver out. Otherwise, I think this would be a great place for us to stay if we ever need to stay someplace when we can't stay at my brother's. The views are gorgeous, the facilities at the hotel seem to be wonderful - I would recommend this resort to anyone visiting North Myrtle Beach.

The stay was ok.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

The parking. Check in wasn't conveniently located. Parking, elevator, check in, back to elevator, temporary parking, reparking across the street, walking in the cold wind & rain, not being convenient to my car.

The room was nice.

The accounting process was confusing as we also attended a...
    • Corner Three-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

The accounting process was confusing as we also attended a new year's eve party which was booked with the room. Our friends joined us. the Party food , although plentiful, was not the original menu provided 2 months out. We loved the band and the view from the room was awesome, but food was not up to par. Chinese stirfry was tasty and salad was good, but very long lines to obtain these items. Carved beef station was somewhat like a chuck roast.

Spacious & convenient
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Would have prefered queen size beds Parking garage is great for compacts but not so much for large SUV’s

Sleeper sofa plus Murphy bed Kitchenette Outside pool is beautiful Good location - convenient to entertainment

This was a great mini getaway.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

The sleeper sofa and club chair was very uncomfortable to sit on . Cushions need to be restuffed on sleeper sofa in room 105.

Freshly painted ,staff friendly,pool lazy river & hot tub were good. Hotel was up to date in decor . The location was good we walked to several local restaurants . Our room was clean and spacious. The gym was very nice . Also had a restaurant on site . The kitchen was adequate.

Nice get away. Loved being right on the beach.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View

Sofa was very uncomfortable. Shower head malfunctioned, but the staff did take care of it right away. Building is older and a little rougher around the edges than what I had hoped for.

Like that there was a kitchenette and that the balcony had a nice view of the beach.

It was great.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

I wish there was a more comfortable chair in the setting area for my mom who is eighty.lt would have been great to have a recliner.

This was a very clean property. It looks just like the pictures that shows the property. I would diffently stay again.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

We will not be returning to this resort in the future.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Housekeeping should have reported the hall bathtub drain needed a plumber to remove hair. The TV in the 2nd bedroom did not work. The maintenance and engineer men tried to repair the TV. The problem was turned over to the cable company to figure it out. Parking is only available across the street unless you have a handicap slip. Carolina Opry tickets were not the correct show time that we requested. However, the front desk was able to change the date and time to our liking.

The onsite restaurant had a very delicious breakfast. Staff was very attentive and happy to serve you.

Really great when we finally got to our room!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

The instructions for getting to our room were not clear, getting us into the wrong tower. Very aggravating to push a cart for 20 minutes looking for room 830 on the eighth floor where most anyone would expect to find it!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Facility was very nice with beautiful Christmas decorations.

Relaxing
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View

The area right off the elevators is very small and therefor there was a lot of congestion during check in and check out. The loading/unloading area was also very small and very congested.

I would recommend Avista and if we come back to Myrtle Beach...would book here again...thanks
    • King Suite - Ocean Front

enjoyed what we did....and did what we wanted...so can say we didn't have any dislikes.

Loved being able to sit out on the balcony...next time though I will request room with afternoon sun....we really did not go down to the beach or use the resort facilities....liked that it was close to the main street....walked down there several times.... The gentleman who helped us with our luggage was awesome...I feel bad that I did not get his name....

A wonderful 3-day weekend and the weather cooperated beautifully!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Wonderful location and layout. Loved the beach tables by the pool but not fully on the beach. Loved our view from the 16th floor. Pools were clean and beautiful, as were the hot tubs.

Excellent resort on fantastic beach
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Curved design meant everyone could see you on your balcony. Noisy people in the hot tubs until 10pm No bathrooms near the pool! Big issue! You have go go up in the elevator to the 1st floor and walk through reception in your beachwear to use the bathroom. Bad idea!

The pools, the beach, the friendly maids, parking across the street was good. The balcony, the views, the bathroom in the condo.

Awesome place to visit.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Well I smoke cigars it would have been nice to do so in my room, but I do understand the law.

The view was awesome and the staff was very pleasant. Also,hotel is in a great location.

Parking structure is across the street and very tight and...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Parking structure is across the street and very tight and difficult to park in. I had to run across the street in a thunderstorm to get to the hotel after parking my car.

We won’t be back.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

We ended up being in 3 different rooms during our stay. The first room when we arrived was dirty. There was broken glass on the floor, the tub jets looked like they had never been cleaned, there was a bag of potatoes in the fridge and coffee marks on the coffee mugs sitting out of the counter. The second room was a little better but it still had smudges on the wall and hair all over the tiled floor. The third room we found sausage on the floor next to the couch. It also had hair all over the tiled floor. I had to sweep the floors myself before I felt comfortable taking my shoes off. Gross.

Because of how bad the first room was, they let us look at 2 others to decide which room we would stay in the rest of our trip. The staff member was helpful and they didn’t charge us to upgrade rooms, however if we hadn’t driven 14 hours to get there... I would have just gone home after the first room. I was devastated.

Great experience within the facility but poor parking
    • Corner Three-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Parking garage and access to garage by having to cross the busy street. Needs a cross over the street to get into the garage.

I liked the suite size, layout of the 3 bedrooms, corner-oceanfront location, size of rooms

Also it would have been cheaper not to use booking.com
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Was told by person at front desk the first day to wait to add nights when we did could not get room we wanted & mgmt refused to do anything about it

There was a high pitch sound non stop that drove us crazy...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View

There was a high pitch sound non stop that drove us crazy and could not sleep. We left at 10:30 PM and came home which was 3 hours away. (Room 231)

One of the best vacations ever

nothing!

restaurant was wonderful...chef comes out to greet customers. Valets are welcoming. Room was great....steps to ocean. beautiful pool. friendly staff

Very comfortable accommodations with excellent view! Could not be happier!
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Ocean Front

Only negative was refridgerator was dented and looked faded and out of place, but worked!

Bed was comfy. View was amazing! Kitchen appliances and even had dishwasher and laundry appliances in room!!!

Browse Avista Resort traveller photo gallery