Reviews of Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods 3 stars

24341 El Toro Road, Laguna Woods, CA 92637, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Laguna Woods

• Deluxe Courtyard King

Nothing that I can think of.

Good sized room & bathroom. Very comfortable bed and excellent shower in bathroom. Really enjoyed sitting outside on the patio area and using the pool facilities. Breakfast choice quite good and happy hour during the week was a bonus we weren't expecting. Would highly recommend for relaxing break.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was a little uncomfortable, but all else was fine. There is no need in complaining about the price, all Cali hotels compete at or around the same price.

I like a nice hotel like the next person. However, in Cali you will never know what you’re truly getting until you pull up. This hotel was nice. I enjoyed the heated pool, and the continental breakfast. Would stay there again.

• King Room - Disability Access

The location wasn't as central as I'd have liked. Also a bit pricey for where it was located.

The breakfast was GREAT. The front desk staff was really good too.

• Deluxe Courtyard King

The staff upon check in were rude and abnoxious. They stated my booking made through booking.com hadn’t come through to them and to return in half an hour. Wouldn’t give WiFi code while we waited. Rude individuals.

The hotel facilities and the breakfast were excellent.

• Deluxe Corner King Room

We don’t eat meat, dairy or eggs and wished the breakfast offerings had more plant based options.

Convenient location for exploring LagunaWoods. Comfy bed. Clean room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Loved the gas lamp sconces at the entryway-beautiful and sophisticated. Beautiful lobby; the fireplace, wall sconces, iron accents and color scheme was warm and inviting. A plate of cookies was a nice touch also. Staff professional and friendly. The bed was very comfortable. Very nice furniture in the room. The room was larger than your typical hotel room. The room was very clean.

See above!

The hotel is very nice but there was a girl at the front desk who wasn't really friendly when I called to let her know that we would be arriving late. She hesitated and said they put us as a no show at 12:00 am, at which time I explained to her that although I had a confirmed reservation that obviously that was why I was giving her the courtesy call call to let her know in the first place! My daughter heard the call as it was on speaker and she too thought that the girl was being rude! Not to mention that I had to call three times, 2 to get someone to answer the call and the 3rd to be placed on hold to be spoken to rudely!.

• Deluxe Corner King Room

This hotel is an exceptional value, the rooms are very comfortable and well-appointed. Breakfast was above and beyond, can't believe it was all included in the room price. Lots of healthy choices, cooked-to-order eggs/omelets and a very friendly breakfast crew, it really couldn't get any better. The parking is plentiful and easy. We will definitely stay here again.

• Deluxe Corner King Room

Front desk checkin (Asian Woman) was not friendly and was not real helpful. Needs to learn to smile rather than frown at everything. As the first interaction of your hotel, she made the stay unpleasant. Will not return but wil seek friendlier staff. A disservice to your hotel!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The outside spa hot tub wasn't working. The in-tub spa was broken. We called the front desk. Someone came to check and said, "It's broken". They also said there was no way to fix it. Wer mentioned it at check out. Neither time did any staff apologize or say, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience".

The room was large and clean. It was a good value. We choose it because it was an Ayres hotel and we've stayed at others. The check in was quick and easy.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel is located in a great area for tourists. I liked the breakfast buffet, I only wished that the breakfast time is until 10 AM instead of 9 AM. Very clean rooms and spacious. I would definitely recommend it.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great hotel great service great food great location great staff, from front counter to kitchen and room service all 5 stars; very polite and helpful people with smiles. The hot break fast was super 😊 chef was so good and making the food in order with a welcome like a family Jacuzzi and the ADA parking/ramp was under construction, but it was very smooth operation; the only thing I received from them was to get jump for my car✅😊 They were kind to give me jump. I dropped water/drinks to thank them. No noise or impact on us, but since I am an engineer with 30+ years in construction, I have to say, they were very organized, doing great clean professional job with paying attention to slope and details. Unfortunately I forgot the company name. I would love them to work in my projects in the Bay Area. Anyway, we enjoyed staying here that was close to my interest: shopping, spectrum, beach, Chili Chutney and 5 star restaurant, many Persian grocery markets that have great food.... Small fridge small microwave was nice to have in the room. Jets in the tap with shower, elevator, parking, safe neighborhood, nearby stores Starbucks Ride aids, Gas stations many choices of food not far and Macy’s and Nordstrom rack, fast food....

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There were guests smoking near the pool area and my son is asthmatic. I left my home to escape the smoke from the fires and I come here and had to deal with cigarette smokers.

Breakfast was delicious. They had a variety of food.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Main issue was that while playing on the ground my 5yo son cut himself pretty badly with a fish hook hidden into the carpet. We made reception aware about the case and were promised that the situation will be reported to the hotel manager that we will get a call back next day after our checkout. Unfortunately no-one has contacted us anymore once we checked out.

Overall (except for the fishing hook in the carpet) its the hotel is nice looking and clean.

Odd smell in hallway

Loved this place. Right across the road from a supermarket. The staff put on complimentary food and drinks for happy hour. Great value for money definitely will be back

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Staff was a wee bit arrogant but everyone is in southern California so it's not their fault.

Bed was really comfy, breakfast was buffet style with so many choices! Eggs, sausage, waffle makers, fruit, tea, coffee, pastries and juice!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had a few problems: bed was overly soft for me, the refrigerator made loud noises through the night, couldn't get the bathtub stopper to work and had to feel the vibrations of the TV in the room below. Suggestion- get a room with no one underneath and turn off the fridge if it's making noise.

Lobby and spacious room are beautifully decorated and the a/c with fan works very well. Fantastic large flat-screen TV. The made-to-order breakfast was very nice.

• Deluxe Courtyard King

I would recommend to change wifi login/sign in process. It is annoying to reenter code and room number. However wifi is pretty fast and free.

Great staff and location.

• Deluxe Corner King Room

Perhaps if they had a cocktail lounge and an area where you could sit quietly near the pool and lounge.

Enjoyed everything at the am buffet...potatoes could be more crispy and browned.Juices good and bacon tasty. Cookies at front desk a nice touch..

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Tv didn't work even after we asked staff to fix it. We hoped for a Saturday their breakfast would extend to 11 am but ended at 10 am which made it hard to go.

Overall good place to stay.

No disappointments.

We stopped in the area to visit friends at a local residential community and found this hotel to be an excellent choice. It was conveniently located for our needs, within 5-minutes of our friends, shopping, and restaurants. Staff was professional and courteous and the room was very clean, fresh, and comfortable. The bed was great. We ate out with friends so only used the hotel as lodging. We were on a three-week road trip to four states and British Columbia, and stayed in 21 hotels over a period of 23 nights. For our needs, this hotel was in the top three or four of the 21 places we stayed.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Powdered eggs are cheap and taste like cardboard. Would be great to see a top tier hotel like Ayers serve real eggs.

Great location: near the beach, Irvine Spectrum, shops, and few minutes from freeway.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Probably no negatives except this is not on a busy street.

Ultra clean spacious rooms with microwave and fridge , comfortable beds , excellent full breakfast with eggs , potatoes freshly prepared , pool & hot tub , what else you need ? ! Loved our stay !

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool could be cleaner in the morning. Asked for late checkout and was charged an additional $30.

bed like cloud, fluffy real eggs, not made from powder.

• Deluxe Courtyard King

Faucet in bath room shower dripped and there was some sot of noise from refrigerator, did not complain about either

Complimentary breakfast better than others I have used

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Next time I would likely request a room facing the pool area, but I have no complaints.

We enjoyed breakfast and the spaciousness of the room. We also really enjoyed the pool area.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Nothing to complain about, excellent hotel with an acceptable price for a hotel in that region (better than motel standard). Comfortable and clean rooms. Included breakfast really good comparing to others.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Deluxe Courtyard King

There was an annoying fly in our room when we checked in but we got it. Also some knats in the bathroom but they disappeared after a while.

Very friendly folks fixing and tending to breakfast on this past Sunday and Monday morning. Room and bathroom were extremely clean.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms were big and spacious. The bed was comfortable. Free parking was a plus.! Breakfast was delicious. Staff was very nice. One of my favorite places to stay.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Reception service especially by one man was poor, almost rude. Hotel is most certainly not wonderful it is just very average and I think if your a traveler from the U.K. Please don't be fooled about the headline rating it's comparable to a good two star hotel

Hotel is clean and tidy, gym and pool area

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

There was a big spider.on a Web outside one of side exits

Beautiful location. Rooms were clean, service was excellent as well as the breakfast. Will definitely recommend

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I have always chosen an Ayres hotel when there was one in the city I needed to visit. There is always a distinctive professionalism about the way the hotel is run, from the reception staff, to the pool set-up, to the high quality breakfast. It is always a pleasure, and this past experience was no different. There were free, freshly baked cookies available in the late afternoon at reception. Nice touch.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed seemed soft. It was uncomfortable to watch tv. When we came home from a full day, there wasn't a sofa chair to sit in, so we tried to get comfortable on the bed with pillows supporting our back---not too good. The maid banged on the door at 8:00 a.m. when we were trying to sleep in. I like a "Do not disturb " sign to place on the door

Loved the hot, varied & delicious breakfast in the morning. I liked reading the USA Today paper. I loved the cookies in the afternoon! The staff was helpful. I loved the refrigerator & microwave & sink. Easy to find parking. Great Location.

• Deluxe Corner King Room

Lady at the reception, who check in us in the first day, could be more friendly. Found some hairs in the bathroom. Had strange floor vibration and noise in our room.

Very nice place and the hotel, good breakfast. Liked it.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The location is a bit off from the beaches (which we of course already knew) but we did not find a way down there with public transport so we took the car.

Excellent place for a romantic weekend or overnight stay. The breakfast was perfect, waffles, pancakes, fruit, toast etc. Also you can eat it outside in the very mediterranian courtyard. Close to some restaurants and a supermarket. Free parking just outside.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Large updated room, super-comfortable bed, super clean, tranquil location, beautiful landscaping, nice breakfast, and only a 10 minute drive to Laguna Beach! Everything was perfect!!!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wish we could have stayed in the spa later, we had to leave due to closing time. Extend the time if possible.

The room and pool were awesome. Staff was very accommodating for early check-in, upgraded our room to a king bed since there was only two of us and brought us a new plug for the bath right to the door when ours wasn't working. They put out complementary cookies at the front desk in the evening and they were so delicious. They had a very good hot breakfast, which is hard to find.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Omelettes were great but a slightly bigger menu selection for the breakfast buffet would be nice

Staff were nice, rooms were clean and well appointed. Very nice hotel and would happily stay there again

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

the location is strange but it works.

The staff was so helpful and friendly. You never felt you were putting them out when you asked questions or required help.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Nothing, we had a great experience!

Staff was very friendly. Asif checked us in even though we arrived quite early, he was so nice and welcoming! Beds were comfortable, rooms were spacious & clean, breakfast was good and nice pool and hot tub. Plenty of places to eat, shop and explore. Easy drive to several beaches!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was too soft for me

The location was great for everywhere we needed to go, the pool and facilities were lovely. The breakfast was being made fresh which was nice.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

One Friday night there was a group of people out by the pool area and they woke us up and were carrying on until I called the front desk at 1:30am! I kept thinking someone from the hotel would hear them and stop them. We could even hear them with our window closed. The front desk said they would take care of it but at 2:00am they were still making noise. I finally got up, opened the window, said shhhsh and to be quiet. They finally did quiet down. I mentioned it the next day and asked about a cerfew time for the pool area and they said it was 11pm. Needless to say, we did not get a good nights sleep that night.

Pretty much everything. Loved having a fitness center, and breakfast being included. Rooms were quiet, you didn't hear your neighbor.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They wouldn't give us a late check out (an extra hour). Also, we should have gotten several extra keys because there are so many locked doors and the AC and lights require the card being in a special holder. I'm all for energy efficiency, it's just hard to use that system with a family.

Nice breakfast. Hotel is clean and attractive.

• Deluxe Courtyard King

The hot water took a few minutes to run in the shower but it was minimal. We just had to wait a few minutes.

we only stayed for one night but we couldn't have picked a better place. The courtyard king size rooms were so clean and we loved how we could walk out right into the patio and into the pool or jacuzzi. That was our favorite part! Then breakfast the next morning was just delicious! Everything we got for the price was above and beyond our expectations! We wish we would've stayed one more night, but we'll definitely be back.

• Deluxe Courtyard King

There really wasn't anything to not like about the room. I didn't find the couch/love seat especially comfortable but it wasn't especially uncomfortable either.

For the price, I thought it was quite good.

I actually nothing as a 3 stars hotel

The cleanness

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The housekeeping staff never replenished toiletries during our stay so we had to ask for them.

Location, cleanliness and value for the money

No complaints.

The rooms, Happy Hour, Breakfast - everything was great!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms are nice, clean and spacious. We will definitely come back.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very elegant for a property that is also very affordable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing bad to say about it!

The whole place! Breakfast was amazing!

• Deluxe Corner King Room

Credit card error badly handled.

Good breakfast.

Loud guests

The beds were comfy

Quiet and full breakfast

• Deluxe Corner King Room

Everything and everyone at Ayers laguna woods was perfect for a family of 3!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff at check out can be more friendly

For the property in general is 10+. All was really nice, clean an comfortable.

• Deluxe Corner King Room

The breakfast area was small and crowded.

The beautiful courtyard area with the pool.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

old hotel, though clean, rude receptionist. come to breakfast early or everything is gone and the place would smell eggy and look gross

Everything above. Thank you

• Deluxe Courtyard King

Bathroom door opens too close to sink. Need a floor mat for marble floor at sink.

Comfortable bed, large room.

• King Room - Disability Access

Hot tube was broken down. weird ticking noise in the room. we were in a room for the disabled.

Bed was comfy. great location

Breakfast, bed, pool

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Beds were perfect, eggs could have been a little more fluffy.

thicker towels

We stay here because it's close to family. Always a pleasure to stay. great food, staff and comfortable room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great breakfast! Comfy beds! Very clean room and beds! Great movie channels!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool, jacuzzi, breakfast and staff. Great place- perfect price.

Facility Breakfast Swimming pool & hot tub

Not applicable

Love the courtyard rooms

• King Room - Disability Access

The pool being out of commission

Comfy beds very clean and nice breakfast

no flexability

very nice hotel

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Clean, quiet and Modern. Friendly Staff all the time. Great breakfast !!!! Stayed an extra night.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Clean, roomy nicely furnished with great breakfast

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great make to order hot breakfast

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Construction outside, but not of much impact on parking

Great breakfast. Very nice staff. Room prep excellent