Reviews of Ayres Lodge & Suites Corona West 3 stars

1900 West Frontage Road, Corona, CA 92882, USA

#4 of 12 hotels in Corona

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Good place to stay in Corona.
    • Queen Suite

The carpet was rather soiled. Didn't want to be barefooted. Reported to the front desk at check-out. The response was "I'll tell the staff." We were not impressed with the size of the suite. In the future, we will stay in a room.

Overall the bed was comfortable, the bath was clean, appreciate the coffee service in the room. Breakfast was good with a number of choices. We were surprised that food was served in the evening. We had dinner two nights at no charge. All was quiet at night.

rooms, spotless, all service was great
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

I didnt like that the pool was not supervised, some people were eating inside and bringing kids with diapers inside! i was from 12 to 9pm in the pool, not once i saw an employee there to check things out. I believe 100% if one member of the staff would have been present people behave better, this is for the sake of other guests.

rooms, spotless, all service was great

Ayres Corona
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

This location is my favorite hotel to stay in Corona. It's a beautiful property with excellent accommodations in each room. The access road is just off the 91 and feels safe and secluded from the highway. I will stay here again.

Good stay beside freeway for southern LA visits.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Breakfast could have been bit better (although it was better compared to average), TV did not have usable program guide (there was no EPG - guide was displayed rotating on one channel).

The room was big and comfortable, conditioner was quieter than usual :)

pay attention; if you arrive with low expectations, it will limit your disappointment.
    • Executive King Suite

non-disclosure of a pet fee that was the same price as the room, even though we picked a pet-friendly location. I understand I must have signed something stating there was no pet allowed, but at 1AM after driving for 9 hours, it kind of slipped my mind (considering we requested a pet-friendly room). What is frustrating is nothing was said to us until after I was reviewing why a (perceived) double-charge was added to our card two days after we had already left. The breakfast available was sub-par and if you weren't experienced with how the line goes, you can't get in line to get anything; they didn't provide any trays to carry multiple plates/items to your room. It was chaos and there wasn't even very many people in there. I've had much better breakfast options for less at best westerns, holiday inn and hyatt.

the price we thought we were paying

Quick check in and check out process.
    • Executive King Suite

Based on the fire escape floor plan, our "executive king room" was the smallest of all the rooms on the floor. Weekend breakfast started too late for us to use.

Quick check in and check out process. Free parking.

Very Comfortable, Safe, Luxurious and Family Friendly😁

I didn’t like

They had beautiful clean rooms and comfortable beds, I had my toddler and baby with me and the feel from the room made them feel happy and safe! Plus they had excellent breakfast!

It was quiet at night.
    • Deluxe King Suite

I got a room in motel section. It was not stated in my reservation.Not what I wanted or expected. I would have never paid $167 for a night in a motel!!! For that kind of $$ I would have booked in another hotel, had I known. Disapointed.

It was quiet at night. Room was clean.

Beautiful hotel overall.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Price a little on the high side. Upon entering only one of the 2 staff greeted us, the other gentleman looked up from his busy work, then looked back down to it without acknowledging us. All other interaction with staff was good. Overall it was an enjoyable stay.

Beautiful hotel overall. Very good breakfast. Spacious room- we had the King Room. Spacious shower/tub. The room was clean and smelling fresh. WoFi worked well. Used the microwave and refrigerator. Great stay overall.

Very clean rooms, the maintenance staff is amazing!
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Very clean rooms, the maintenance staff is amazing! Everyone was so friendly. Location was great, it was nice and quiet even though it’s close to a highway. The landscaping is very well thought out and beautiful. Ample parking. Wonderful value. Nice breakfast. We are vegan so not a ton of options for us as far as variety goes but it was still nice. We enjoyed our stay very much:)

Room wasn’t how it looked in the picture
    • Executive King Suite

made me wait 30 min upon arrival because they said my reservation hadn’t processed yet through booking.com so they had me just sitting there & then when i got to my room it was NOTHING like the picture . I had purposely changed my hotel earlier that afternoon JUST BECAUSE OF HOW I THOUGHT the room I was going to get here looked ... I paid the highest price for an “executive king suite” yet alls the room had was a lil mini fridge and cheap microwave w some cheap coffee thing , in the picture it appeared as a full kitchen with stove and counter top with bar stools etc I basically stayed in a BASIC nothing executive nothing suite just standard normal room for the price of an “executive king suite” ... I even questioned the front desk about the suite to make sure I was getting the one I paid for and she reassured me it was most def the one I’m almost 99% sure it wasn’t

The breakfast was good and it was clean

Overall pleased and will be returning.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

The wooden floor was very dirty. Children walked in clean socks and we're black from dirt after only a few steps. Floors need to be thoroufhly cleaned, especially for guests with crawling children. Housekeeper needs to be aware that wooden floors need to be cleaned and dried with clean water or wood cleaning aids.

I had a room with seating area. Very spacious. Very friendly staff. I loved the outdoor patio with tables. Security was visible. Nice decor,comfortable bed and pillows.Good size fridge.breakfast was good.

Great place to stay
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

We didn't make breakfast the 2nd day, which was our fault but it seems like it ends a little early for people on vacation.

We really enjoyed our stay, the staff are great, rooms comfortable and clean, and the food is good.

Great weekend!
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

My suite was not the one on the website. It showed the counter with the couch and 2 beds. Both nights (booked separately) I received the same room but different floors. We enjoyed the Pool and Jacuzzi and the breakfast was great! I love the whole decor and style of this Hotel. I will definitely be back to Ayres Hotel.

The rooms were very clean and roomy.

Don't recommend the "lodge" building to anyone who wants to feel safe when travelling.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

The service at the hotel was great. The young woman at check-in was patient and friendly.

The young woman who helped us at check in, Vanessa, I believe was her name, was great! She patiently explained to us what we had booked, even though the pictures and description on the booking.com website were misleading. This hotel has two different buildings. I would NOT recommend staying in the "lodge" building, as it is run down, drab and the room we looked at smelled funny. There is immediate access to an alley?? It was a little scary for my 5 friends and I who were staying overnight. We ended up paying for an upgrade into the neighboring building that is completely indoors and MUCH nicer.

I like the layout of property and my room, but I was woken up to their construction two rooms over.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Made reservation through booking.com 45 minutes prior to arrival, however the reservation took two hours to come through to the hotels system, and the hotel staff had me wait over an hour to check-in. I was very inconvenienced. They would not let me check-in. Also, I arrived for complimentary breakfast at 9am, and the breakfast had already been removed. The hotel staff should keep the breakfast available until 9:30am. I was very disappointed.

I enjoyed the courtyard, however 6-10 children were running around screaming at any given time.

Enjoyed it
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was no dish soap, only dishwasher detergent. The stovetop didn’t work until the room key was in a special slot next to the door. I didn’t know that and we spent hours trying to figure it out.

The beds were very comfortable and everything was spotless. I really liked having a separate bedroom and living room/eating area.

Nice hotel, room clean and updated. Could be more pet friendly.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

This was my first time traveling with my pet and the hotel was listed as pet friendly however I wasn't impressed with the small area of grass located out behind the parking lot that was designated for pets to use. I didn't feel comfortable walking out there at night alone and it was well used so my dog wasn't eager to use it either

Room was nice and clean I liked the kitchenette included in the room. The tub was nice and spacious!

Was a short nice and beautiful experience
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

The floor was kind of sticky ( l t think wasn’t wasted very well lately.

Staff was VEEERRRRRYYYYY NICE ( just to save a trip to the front desk 😳 don’t put the room key close to your phone, won’t work anymore) Your 🐶 will very comfy.

Room layout with tall counter between the beds help feel...
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

I think the room key for power is a very good idea however the clock should be on a hot outlet at all times so that it does not reset to midnight every time you return to the room.

Room layout with tall counter between the beds help feel like we were not sharing the room with our kids. Breakfast was good Did not know about happy hour till check in. Loved that as well Staff very friendly

Very happy with everything.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Not enough Ayres hotels around the country.

Stayed here a number of times. Rooms very clean, comfortable, and well appointed. Breakfast good. Have had my room upgraded several times, and this last trip, Feb. 20-21, was given free social hour and dinner in the dining room.

I would say it was a fair stay cause I got a partial refund.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

I paid for a room that I thought was a upper class level but i was put in an lower class less almost the cheapest room that they could give me.

I liked the breakfast buffet in the morning.

Great value, wonderful location, enjoyed the stay greatly.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

The TV was a little small, a little hard to see for 4 people.

The room was very nice, and the staff was very friendly. The location was great, the pool and hot tub was very nice.

I was just fine not the best but not to bad
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

I didn’t like the fact that the picture were false in how it looks I didn’t like that floor wasn’t clean there was hair on the shower same breakfast that we had to walk to the other hotel. 2 night for 400 it was to much for the value of the hotel

I like the beds and somewhat the breakfast

Poor
    • Executive King Suite

Bed assigned close to elevator: really noisy Price is just not right. Someone entered into the room despite of flag of do not disturb. Left my pet food spilled on the carpet.

Beautiful room, awesome bathtub.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Pancakes were old and tough. Hot breakfast was cold. No pastry choices. Lousy breakfast.

Easy access to room and parking! Located right off the freeway.

Ok, nothing special. Like their other hotel in Corona much better.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Hotel located right next to freeway. Neighbor hood not that good. Thought I had booked a Deluxe King Suite with kitchen but didn't get it. Wish lights on nightstands had electrical outlets for phone charger, laptop.

Reception area looks like a cabin in the woods with fireplace. Very welcoming. Nice area for pets in courtyard.

Is a good place to stay, but every hotel I've stayed in, the reception is more cordial & friendly!

The breakfast

It look very nice from the outside And the interior reflected the outside from most part, there was no coffee or water at the registration lobby and the receptionist didn't seem to care when I asked.

Good hotel for good price
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Our neighbours decided to have a party at night. At 01:00 I had to get up and calm them down. I couldn't find a contact number to reception on the phone in the room - I wanted to call there to ask them to take care of the situation with the noisy guests next to us but I had to do it myself after all.

Spacious and comfortable room. Clean bathroom. Big pool. Very good breakfast. Good deal for the money.

Best service

I like everything Nothing to complain Everything was excelente

I love the service and the professionalism they have The property is great and clean Best breakfast ever

It was ok
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

According to the website there was supposed to be a concierge service, but there wasn't. There were no elevators and we had to carry our bags up two flights of stairs. There was no one to help, even after asking the front desk clerk. Unfortunately, the time we stayed there was some type of kids tournament, so it was VERY loud!

Large room for the sacrifice.
    • Executive King Suite

The room (230) smelled of smoke. Breakfast was not served until 7:00 (late for travel teams). Management allowed a travel baseball team and their parents to take over, party, drink heavily and play loud music in the courtyard/BBQ area until 11:00. The only reason why police were called is because guests complained. Issue should have been addressed around 8:30 or 9:00. Finally no elevator and doors were exposed to exterior.

The room size.

Good variety of healthy foods.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

There was a pretty patio with plenty of cute round tables and chairs that you could use to eat breakfast, but you had to use your key to get back in any time you wanted to enter the breakfast area. That was a bit of an inconvenience.

Good variety of healthy foods. Eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, bread, muffins, oatmeal.

It was clean and well maintained
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

It was a bit difficult to get in and out due to traffic. The staff seemed impatient at times and were very rigid about policies (e.g., breakfast is over at 9 am, don't even think about getting anything at 9:05).

It was clean and well maintained

The room was nicely furnished.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Could have used an extra blanket. Our room was a bit difficult to find, at night.

The room was nicely furnished. Linens were of good quality. Staff were friendly, and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great little lodge for a night or two
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

No elevator! That was a PAIN for luggage. That really is my only complaint.

The rooms were great, love how they were set up with the kitchenette in between the beds for a little privacy between the beds.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Horrible experience
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

The staff was extremely rude, they would ignore customers right infront of you. They weren't helpful at all. I had a horrible experience with Scott the manager. I'm always stayed at the Ayres numerous times but this was the worst I ever had and I would not be returning after this, I'll be sharing this review with my friends and family also to protect them from this hotel

Not Up to Ayres Standards
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Weird bar in middle of room between beds. Not enough blankets to stay warm. Super uncomfortable mattress protector made good sleep difficult. Too crowded at breakfast and inconveniently located in the other building. Not like other Ayres hotels.

The breakfast was tasty.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Spacious room
    • Deluxe King Suite

It would have been nice to have a better selection of toppings for hot oatmeal served at breakfast.

Liked the spaciousness of the room. Appreciated the breakfast food that was served hot.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The room was a good size!
    • Executive King Suite

The room was a good size! Breakfast was really good!

Cozy
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Staff needs customer service training. This would greatly improve the stay. Did not participate in breakfast, will at my next stay.

I would book again

Beer with dinner

Love staying at Ayers can’t beat the staff
    • Deluxe Lodge Two Queen Beds

Love staying at Ayers can’t beat the staff

Home away from home
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Check in was quick and easy as was check out. Breakfast was made to order, complete.

Close to office

Close to office

Would stay again

Very loud

Simple and nice

Clean and polite staff
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

No elevators in the renovated building.

Clean and polite staff

Very good quality and price
    • Deluxe King Suite

Very clean and spacious room! I would happily stay again. The location was convenient and the breakfasts were delicious.

Good hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Very clean room, good breakfast. Very friendlh staff

We love to come back. As much as I been booking. Maybe I can get a free room 1 day
    • Executive King Suite

My birthday to enjoy peace and quiet

Great value in a clean beautiful property.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Property was very nice and well maintained.

Good
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

The room above was a bit loud

The service

Lovely

Very pleased with everything

Nice however needs elevator access

Nice however needs elevator access

Clean, comfortable, safe, good breakfast
    • Executive King Suite

The coffee was great, and the potatoes were perfectly crispy. The staff was friendly. The tub was deep.

Just plastic plates and cups for breakfast.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Just plastic plates and cups for breakfast. This is the 21st century. They should step up to their responsibility

Roomy and spacious
    • Deluxe Lodge Two Queen Beds

The room was nice
    • Queen Suite

The women who assisted at check-in

The room was nice

We stayed here 2 nights 2 different rooms. Both rooms were really clean and comfortable. One had woo
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

The breakfast was awesome and had plenty of variety.

• Deluxe King Suite

staff was very nice, rooms very clean.
    • Deluxe King Suite

staff was very nice, rooms very clean.

Excellent breakfast.
    • Executive King Suite

Excellent breakfast. Nice & friendly staff. Very clean inside & out.

Would definitely come back!
    • Deluxe King Suite

Nothing to complain about.

Nice clean rooms. Quite area!

Happy to return in another visit♥

N/a

Quiet and the decor. The grounds were clean and the room smelled nice

My stay was restful and quiet. Just what I needed for a couple of days.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Nothing. Everything was fine.

Everything was fine. Was just getting out of my area for a couple of days that all.

Exceeded expectations staff food comfort
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

All available food great quality served with a smile

They could not find my reservation but luckily they had 1 open room.

Size of the room

The pool and the free breakfast!
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

The pool and the free breakfast!

Clean

Beds were uncomfortable

Clean

Facility

Overall good stay
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Beds were hard and pictures showed a couch in the room but there was none

Room small but nice.
    • Executive King Suite

Room small but nice. Towels very rough.

Great place for pooch, not so good for humans
    • Deluxe King Suite

Mattress was horrible...soft, we rolled to the middle all night. AC worked intermittently and windows wouldn't open.

Great room for dog

cleanliness and grounds of facility

very Noisy

cleanliness and grounds of facility

Good in general
    • Executive King Suite

Nothing related to the hotel, but location wise You need a car to move in that area

Cozy rooms and beds