Reviews of Ayres Hotel Seal Beach 3 stars

12850 Seal Beach Boulevard, Seal Beach, CA 90740, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in Seal Beach

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Didn’t like that my room wasn’t ready 2 hours after check in had to wait in my car until they called me back in. Then all I get offered is a little box of snacks as to make up for the inconvenience.

The rooms are clean the hallways are pretty.

• Deluxe King City View

Check in was easy and quick. They let me check in an hour early without any issues. The hotel room was really nice and we got a great price. They had a swimming pool and Jacuzzi which had a great lounge area. The location was great because it was right next to a bunch of restaurants and stores. 11 minutes drive to the beach. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to others. Planning on staying here again in the future.

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Work out room. Hotel full and only 2 machines and it didn’t open until 5:30. I scored most area high but won’t stay again due to lack of work out facility

Breakfast terrific!

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Distance from downtown Seal Beach. Along a busy thoroughfare that isn't ideal for travelers without a car.

The free breakfast was surprisingly good. The deep bathtub.

• Deluxe King Courtyard

Breakfast was not what I had liked it to be. Although the selection was good, the food itself was not so good. Very bland, no taste to anything so it all tastes the same no matter what you picked.

The staff, the room, the location.

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

I Loved the bed!! Also, the tv had channels in spanish,which in others hotels we have stayed they dnt offer. And Breakfast was TERRIFIC!!!! I Loved it!

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Even being on the third floor you could hear the traffic especially during busier times. The staff wasn't overly friendly & they had no one to assist you with your luggage.

The room was a very nice size. The beds were comfortable and I like that they give a variety of pillows (I like mine flatter and most hotels don't provide them). It's nice that there was a wall between the bathroom & bedroom so you didn't feel you were disturbing the other person if you used it while they were still sleeping.

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

It had little bugs in the bathroom and the sink was clogged up but the staff came to relieve the problem we didn't say anything about the sink since we weren't in the room that often

I loved the bed and the pillows, they were really soft and that's how I like to sleep on soft pillows, but I didn't need 4 only one their were too many on the bed 2 would have been enough.

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Everything about the property was excellent. The only thing missing is the ability to order movies on demand. Outside of that, I would highly recommend this place!

The property is clean and has a nice decor.

• Deluxe King City View

It took them 5-6 days until they were prepared with vegan food for me, although I menthioned it at the reservation in this site and also when checking in.

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

There was not a ramp or curb cut on side entrance to door for luggage. Had to pull lugguage up over curb to get to side entrance..

Great location, clean, comfortable place & great food

• Deluxe One Queen Courtyard

The photos portrayed that the gym had more equipment than it did... There are no weights/dumb bells. Also, the wifi was incredibly bad. I ended up using my phone's data to get my work done. I came to Seal Beach to take photographs, so I was unable to post any of them using my computer because the wifi was so bad. It took close to five minutes just to load the top half of a website. For how much I spent (over $200 for the queen courtyard [just got a view of the pool]), I could've stayed at a comfort inn place and saved around $150.

The bed was comfortable and the room very clean. The staff were friendly.

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

The property is in the middle of a décor transition, so the rooms look nothing like what is on their website. Breakfast on Sunday morning was insane. Too crowded, not enough seating. By the time we got the "hot" pancakes, the eggs and sausage were freezing. The guy who was making the pancakes would only make what was requested and so it seemed like he was making them one at a time. Our second day here was spent waiting for a room. My mother had reserved a second room the second day. We asked if we could get in early because we wanted to shop and go to the beach and the woman said "sure". She said she assigned my mother "room 140" and she said she notified housekeeping and it would be the first room cleaned. We wanted something close to the room we already had so this sounded perfect. We went back to the desk twice over the next 3 hours and they kept telling us it wasn't ready. After wasting 3 hours waiting for this room that was promised, the woman who had promised us the room acted like she had no idea who we were and acted like she had not promised us anything. We ended up not getting the room til 3-4 pm and then they wanted to give us a room on another floor far away from the room they had we promised. They did give us room 140 after all but what a mess!! Not Good!! Not happy!! They wasted almost our whole day!!

We really enjoyed the lounge area and the friendly staff when we arrived. Beds were comfortable and breakfast was great the second day. This location is right off the 22 and right in between the beach area and the shopping in Los Alamitos. It is NOT within walking distance or eye's view of the beach.

• Deluxe King Courtyard

There was nothing that we didn't like about the hotel. As indicated above, the mattress could have been a little better but nothing that will prevent us from staying again.

This is the first time we've stayed at this hotel and it was a pleasurable stay. The room was very clean and nice looking. The bathroom and dressing area was large and roomy. The mattress could have been a little better, but all in all we will definitely stay again. We did not use the restaurant because it was a quick trip but will definitely try it on our next visit.

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Confusion over billing my stay. My account was presuthorized multiple times freezing funds making them unavailable after our stay and the hotel was paid for.

Amazing breakfast and customer service.

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Best place I've stayed at. Staff was courteous and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and always ready. Every time I go back I will always stay at the Ayres.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Deluxe King Courtyard

We loved loved loved our room and our stay as well as the friends whom accompanied us we the Wash family treated friends to room 306 we had room 308 and they were lovely .The staff are wonderful excellent customer service ,from the manager who blocked out our suites so we could be together and enjoy our stay to the young man who ran around trying to find Kleenex because my hubby got sick as we arrived and went thru the tissue in the room but anyway the young man really tried hard. We can't wait to comeback thank you again to the Ayers family of staff for making our visit wonderful perfect including the fabulous breakfast i,fresh omlets !! Really 😀

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Deluxe King Courtyard

The room was dusty and I could write on ttop of the night stand, tv stand and headboard.

The breakfast was hot and delicious. Great assortment of food Yummyto eat.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Everything was as expected. Never made it to breakfast. Do can't comment on that. Would prefer breakfast going until 10 on weekdays.

Comfortable sleep. Extremely quiet room. Friendly staff. Cleanest jacuzzi I've seen at any facility, maybe ever!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Deluxe King City View

Not a darn thing. Thank you!!!

Didnt stay for breakfast but the beds are so comfortable. Cleanliness abounds. But what really hits the mark is your staff. Wow!!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Deluxe King City View

as soon as you walk in the lobby...instant comfort...everyone very nice hotel is clean on the outside and the inside....the breakfast also makes is very very nice...my stay was worth every penny...i will return and recommend this hotel to friends and family

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Decor really needs to be updated. Feels very outdated. Pool very small and spa was dirty.

Complimentary hot breakfast was great! Good for business traveler - not so much for a family.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Deluxe King Courtyard

I really have no complaints

They offer breakfast even though it was a little too early for us it's nice to know it was there everything was clean and comfortable and in good working order

• Deluxe King City View

Need trays to take breakfast to your room.

Great breakfast, very nice facility. It was close enough to beach. Quiet hotel, quick elevators, Very friendly and accomodating staff.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Deluxe King City View

Great location and value laden. The breakfast was terrific and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel and room were clean and nicely furnished. The complimentary cookies in the lobby were delicious! The gym and pool were ideal for my wife and I. Would stay again!

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Deluxe King Courtyard

I don't usually have a car when I come to this area (my husband needs it for business) so I prefer to be walking distance to Seal Beach or Long Beach. I used Uber and public bus transportation this time and that worked fine.

We rented the deluxe king patio room. The room was huge. The patio was a courtyard shared with all the other king patio rooms but still nice to have. Breakfast was more than you get at other places (including chef made eggs one day). Happy hour was well beyond what you'd get anywhere else.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Deluxe King City View

There is not anything we did not like . Maybe next time get a view of patio area .

The room was nice and big . The breakfast in the morning was really good. Parking was nice and close easy to get to car. Close to Seal Beach -We like to walk at beach We really enjoyed our stay . Nice and quiet.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

I ended up staying two days, booked separately. Traffic noise level, furnishings, and access was much better on first floor than second day on third floor. Wall insulation, as far as noise level, is great between rooms, but not as good if you have rooms above you (ceiling)! Third floor had sparse furnishings, and did not seem as well cared for as the first level room.

The location was easy to access and there were places to eat near the hotel. Various beaches located near by. Breakfast was good, and could order eggs prepared for you. Manager's reception was ok, and was nice to have soft drink, beer, or wine with some snacks. Weather was great so you could enjoy outside sitting.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Deluxe King City View

The pillows could have been more comfortable.

At the front desk, this white male staff member with hair that looks like a pompadour. I'm terrible with names. Anyways he was awesome patient and kind. Just wanted to point that out.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

They make the side entrance key card entry only- during the day would be better if it would allow access since oarking is behind or along sides

The breakfast and the bed rock! I liked the bathroom - good tub to soak in

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Traffic noise was a surprise as many hotels now have great soundproofing. They charge extra to have a room on the other side and were a bit snobby as I used a third party to book.

Very comfy bed and good breakfast with nice selection of hot items. Convenient location.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

There is nothing to dislike! We had never stayed at an Ayres hotel before but definitely will look for them from now on!

Beautiful, comfortable, clean, amazing breakfast, great pool/hot tub, lovely deck with outdoor fireplace, friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Deluxe King City View

It is a great location, super friendly and helpful staff and a good price for the area. We have stayed there before and it never disappoints....

Stayed in May 2016

Bed was hard.

Free breakfast had good chouces & was delicious, as was the Managers party.

Clean and nicely decorated

View of the freeway.

Beautiful room and front desk service was quick and professional.

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Old school 1970s brown beige carpet.

Good mexican salsa breakfast! Shopping malls and freeways nearby. Suitable for easy access to Long Beach,

• Deluxe King City View

Loved the small guest reception happy hour, the breakfast was all fresh cooked foods quite delightful small but plenty to offer. Good location

• Deluxe King City View

How the drapes couldnt cover the entire window

There were a ton of pillows!

• Deluxe King Courtyard

No info packet about hotel in room

Breakfast was outstanding, many choices and very fresh.

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

The pool had too much chlorine.

The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was AWESOME, and for 4 of us to get stuffed.

• Deluxe King Courtyard

Too little options for breakfast, no vegetables.

Too little options for breakfast, no vegetables.

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Wish they had a bathroom out or near pool

Bed was very comfy

Clean

• Deluxe King City View

You had to walk downstairs for breakfast

The bed was so comfortable. Really soft

• Deluxe King City View

The bed was my only complaint. Not comfortable and pillows were bad too.

• Deluxe King City View

Full breakfast included. Easy access to freeway so better for business travel than leisure. Hotel was nicely decorated.

• Deluxe King Courtyard

Clean. Well kept. Friendly/helpful staff and great location!

• Deluxe King City View

Excellent Hotel and a great Value!

Service was excellent

Clean, and the free breakfast

Free full breakfast.

• Deluxe 2 Queen Courtyard

The price of the soft drinks and the beer I felt extortion.

Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spotless with crisp towels.

• Deluxe King Courtyard

The room was very clean and well stocked. The housing staff is very friendly and helpful.

Everything was just perfect. Bed was so comfortable, hotel was spotless. Breakfast good and lots nearby.

Breakfast buffet was good

• Deluxe One Queen City View

Breakfast was excellent cooked in front of you everything hot and cooked to your requirement if requested. Cook was very peronable

Great location! Clean and comfortable

• Deluxe King City View

Only spent 1 night on our 10 day trip to San Diego but loved location and the property.

• Deluxe King City View

Excellent beds and towels. With a great staff.

• Deluxe King Courtyard

It was clean, there was coffee when I awoke I had a very convient room for parking and my dog very felixable

• Deluxe King Courtyard

swimming pool could be better served

nice location overall, close to a lot of nice restaurants and markets

The room was disappointing

The staff were friendly, helpful and cheerful.

• Deluxe King Courtyard

breakfast was not good actually ran out of food

My husband and I loved the king bed

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Staff great, beds comfortable, Breakfast was out of site. Oh yeah hot cookies at check in area. Give 5 Star.....

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

No rolling beds available, and no rooms with sofa available!!! Dusty blankets.

Breakfast, pool, location.

Great breakfast. Friendly helpful staff. Good sized room

• Deluxe King Courtyard

A little pricey but not outrageous.

New, very nice facility

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

It has super comfy beds. I like the room set-up and size too. Also, the included breakfast was very nice. They have delicious pastries.

A little pricey.

Rand new, nice facility.

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

The coffee and the breakfast

The Location, pool and jacuzzi

Service was good. Staff nice

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Deluxe Two Queen City View

Enjoyed the breakfasts at the hotel. Very nicely done. The rooms were nicely decorated, beds comfortable and staff helpful and courteous.

Absolutely nothing!

I like beinmg able to check in early and do not mind the fee