Reviews of Ayres Suites Diamond Bar 3 stars

21951 Golden Springs Drive, Diamond Bar, CA 91765, USA

#1 of 3 hotels in Diamond Bar

Economic and Good Stay in Diamond Bar
    • Queen Studio Suite

Although window can isolate most noise from high way, some rooms still have significant traffic noise.

Very good price to live in south california. The people working here are very nice. The room space is wide, and beds are comfortable. Price is very good, and useing genius membership can save more.

My little getaway
    • King Studio Suite

Personally, the bed and pillows were just too soft. I had to stack nearly all of the pillows to make one comfortable one, and that left my husband with using only one pillow! The mattress felt worn out, especially in the middle where it dipped. So, I was disappointed about the bed, which is a major part of someone’s hotel stay. Although the breakfast dining area is very clean and comfortable, and reserved for staying guests only, we didn’t like seeing some guests come down to dine in their pajamas, slippers, socks, and wet hair wrapped in towel!!This was not only unacceptable and a bit offensive for us, but also unsanitary considering the dining room is a public place!! Perhaps management needs to address this with the foreign visitors with some kind of dress code notification!!

The location is great; we had a great view; it’s very clean; the staff is very friendly and professional; although I loved the previous Old European style decor a lot more, this modern style is ok; the “free” breakfast is deliciously prepared. We’ve stayed in this particular one few times for our little getaways. The Ayres is one of our favorites.

The property itself was gorgeous both inside and out...
    • King Studio Suite

The front desk person who checked us in was not very friendly. No greeting, didn’t smile, and just did the minimum. He doesn’t seem happy doing his job.

The property itself was gorgeous both inside and out although it is next to the freeway. Exceeds the value.

Need complimentary bottles of water on your way out.

Needs better coffee..

If there are rooms available, you should book it now! Breakfast was good and the weight room was good for a good weight resistance training

Friendly visit
    • King Studio Suite

I noticed a $45 charge to my credit card and I am still waiting to find out from the hotel what is this charge for

Natalie the Asst Manager went out of her way to help us making our booking easy . She responded on time to all my questions

The hotel itself was nice and quiet and the KING Suite I...
    • King Studio Suite

The hotel itself was nice and quiet and the KING Suite I stayed at was very clean and comfortable. However, the wifi was sooo slow, and nothing was loading on my iPad and phone. I had to switch to using my data and it was using up my roaming data. It was like that every single day, nothing would load on the internet and I couldn't use my iPad, I was on my phone whenever I need to and using my own data. The last day that I was there, I was out all day and the cleaning staffs never came in to clean my room, so on my last day, I had no clean towels etc., but I didn't care anymore since I was checking out early the next day and had brought my own towels in case. The location is very quiet and had nothing to do within walking distance, so uber is the only option unless you have a car. They also do not provide any free water like hotels I have been to, so everyday I would purchase about $12 of water to drink.

The hotel itself was nice and quiet and the KING Suite I...
    • King Studio Suite

Very happy with Ayres, will be back.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

There was no information in the room showing local restaurants, things to do, etc.

The staff were very friendly, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast had several options and the room was very clean.

the eggs were cooked expertly .
    • Queen Studio Suite

No bar/cantina on site . . .had to go down the street to the Holiday inn to get to a happy hour. I might have to stay there next time.

the eggs were cooked expertly . . that,s hard to find these days

It's very comfortable and it's near many convenient places!
    • King Studio Suite

We really loved the comfortable beds and pillows they provided. The mattress isn't springy and it hugged our bodies quite nicely. The pillows are great and soft! It's not too firm or too soft. I love the layout of the room as well! I'm very satisfied with this hotel; the experience was luxurious!

I would definitely stay here again.
    • King Studio Suite

Beautiful hotel. I had a room with a view of the golf course. The hotel is very close to the freeway and freeway noise is loud outside. Inside was quiet. My room was large and the bed was very comfortable.

Never going back
    • King Studio Suite

I was charged a smoking fee because they found a container in the room. The manager was not helpful in trying to resolve this issue. I will never say at this place again nor will I recommend it to anyone

The staff

We really like this place.
    • Queen Studio Suite

Room was Very roomy . Breakfast just right. The staff was able to accommodate our request for a room on the 1st floor and as close as possible to the front desk. This made it easy for my wife with a walking difficulty.

Nice
    • Queen Studio Suite

Was a little noisy ,, other guests talking loudly

Location is great for me ,,, I was dropping the grandkids after a visit with me in Northern Nevada,, after 9 hours in a van with 2 small children it’s a great place to rest up before traveling home

The view was amazing, and the no noise room was a bonus.
    • King Studio Suite

The bathtub should have been more clean, the drain ring had some dirt on it. They could use some Kaboom. They didn't have glasses to drink wine so we had to drink out of the bottle because we only had 2 cups and we had used them for juice.

The view was amazing, and the no noise room was a bonus.

Free breakfast offered
    • Queen Studio Suite

Tried to call the hotel from 10-12 PM cuz I was about to check in after midnight, no one picked it up. No toothbrush given, but for sale at $6

Free breakfast offered

Worth another visit
    • Queen Studio Suite

Breakfast was ok but could be more varied

The hotel is located behind a golf course, which is a big plus. The hotel is quiet, clean and comfortable. The rooms are spacious enough, the AC works fine, the beds are comfortable. The staff is friendly and accommodating, responding promptly to our concerns. Check-in and check-out are a breeze. It's great value for money.

Great place, disappointed with room change
    • King Studio Suite

Very, very disappointed that they gave us two queens instead of the one king that I booked well in advance. They said it was because I used a 3rd party booking coming. Assuming 'booking.com'. I will not use them next time.

Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Good peaceful stays even beside the freeway
    • King Studio Suite

Since I was traveling for business and didn't really had a transportation.... sometimes when I felt I don't really want to go out for a meals, the hotel didn't had anything to offer either for lunch or dinner.

Ofcourse the bed was awesome and rooms were clean. Superb wifi and breakfast quite good but probably could be more varieties each different days :)

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Quite pleasant, well-decorated and attentive at desk.
    • King Studio Suite

Perhaps$ 20-30 per night less expensive, or at least a discount for the extra day of stay.

No croissants available. Tour group had dominated selections at 7am sharp. I still liked the muffins, however.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Sleepless nights
    • King Studio Suite

With different Chinese tour groups occupied rooms around my room during my 4 night stay, there were many chaotic moments (children running from one room to another; friends yelling to each other through opened doors; people making mobile phone calls in the corridor oblivious of the time of the night). The noises didn't die down until 2 or 3 am and the busy tourists would start their day before daybreak. I did request for a quiet room when reservation was made. I did bring the noise problems to the attention of the front staff. They always displayed their sympathy however it seemed that was an ongoing problem and not much they could do about it. I would like to suggest to the management that they could at least 1 assign individual travellers' rooms far away from the madding crowd - especially not assigned rooms in between the group's rooms. 2. Try to liaise with the tour group leader or guide to bring the hotel rules and etiquettes to the attention of their fellow travellers. I am sure everyone can be educated if they get a chance to learn.

Spacious and clean room. Helpful staff, mostly. Nice old building with high ceilings.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Our stay was awesome

Everything was perfect

I like how fast the employees work to make sure you were satisfied. And how friendly they were. My room smells like cigarette smoke and keeping came up right away and took care of it.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

My room was not ready when we arrived.
    • Queen Studio Suite

My room was not ready when we arrived. I had requested a room on the top floor. I had to wait more than 45 minutes sitting in the lobby before checking in.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Worth the stay away from the hustle
    • King Studio Suite

The ad somewhat misrepresents this location as a resort area, it is not. There are two freeways right next to the hotel. That said, it is in a quiet area with Target and all kinds of restaurants very close by.

Close access to the freeway. Hotel wa on a golf course and staff was friendly. The breakfast was excellent, they had two staff members taking care of the meal.

Bang for the buck
    • Queen Studio Suite

Great all around bang for the buck.

very nice and quiet room.
    • Queen Studio Suite

very nice and quiet room. comfortable bed

They gave out my room number to a random stranger!!
    • Queen Studio Suite

They basically gave my room number to someone who was stalking me... looking into suing this property!!!

Breakfast was excellent

Breakfast was excellent

Convenient

Happy hour

Great experience overall

No fruit for breakfast

I would loved it if they offered fresh fruit for breakfast. Besides that I loved everything. Super clean and comfortable beds

Very good location.
    • Queen Studio Suite

Very good location. Comfortable and quiet.

Nice comfortable rooms, clean
    • Queen Studio Suite

Breakfast was just ok, two TVs on was annoying

Nice comfortable rooms, clean

Loved the waffles and the perfectly brewed coffee.
    • King Studio Suite

Loved the waffles and the perfectly brewed coffee.

Nice hotel in the area
    • Queen Studio Suite

Close to office, good value

The receptionist very friendly and helpful, even we check in...
    • Queen Studio Suite

The receptionist very friendly and helpful, even we check in around midnight. Great first impression and like the ambience.

Over average. The staff were all awesome.
    • Queen Studio Suite

Problem with AC but was fixed right away. Have to go online with a third party to get a better deal. Some hotels try to match it.

Nice place , quiet, clean, comfortable

Nice place , quiet, clean, comfortable

Nice place, plan to return.
    • Queen Studio Suite

Just a bit hard to get to.

I thought the staff was very friendly and respectful.

It was the location I really liked overall.
    • Queen Studio Suite

The carpet, lighting in the room, water pressure, the breakfast( potatoes were dried and salty), the pool location.

The size of the room and location.

nice breakfast

nice breakfast

Found dog poop in my room cleaning staff was very rude

Found dog poop in my room cleaning staff was very rude

I needed a hotel that took dogs and the staff was very...
    • Queen Studio Suite

I needed a hotel that took dogs and the staff was very friendly!

The room is comfortable.

The room is comfortable.

Very good,will return
    • Queen Studio Suite

Dim in room,better lights would help

Excellent breakfast and staff

Ok
    • King Studio Suite

Room was by elevator. Lots of noise

Breakfast was great. The rooms were very clean. Staff was very nice.

Would return

Nothing everything great

Bed comfortable

Never staying here again
    • King Studio Suite

Poor quality of the rooms. Wasn't clean, switched my room 3 times.

Awesome accommodations, great breakfast!

room was beautiful!

G
    • Queen Studio Suite

The breakfast was very good, although my husband was looking for Danish of some sort. The room was very nice and bed comfortable

The service.

The service.

Friendly and professional staffs, elegant atmosphere,...
    • King Studio Suite

Too popular that's we can't extend one more night:(

Friendly and professional staffs, elegant atmosphere, spicous room. Highly recommended!

Everything from the staff to the free breakfasts.
    • King Studio Suite

Everything from the staff to the free breakfasts. Could not fault a thing.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Ayres Suites will be my 'go to' home away from home when I travel!

Buffett was better than most. Included an omelet bar.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Clean comfortable rooms. Professional and very friendly staff.
    • Queen Studio Suite

Very clean spacious rooms and comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Nice soft confortable pillows.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

No bath tub, only handicapped shower.

Nice soft confortable pillows. Was able to sleep!

Rooms were very clean I had a nice view

So cool very clean.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Wonderful relaxing stay.
    • King Studio Suite

Excellent breakfast. Quiet, comfortable room. No freeway noise!

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

A pleasant stay
    • Queen Studio Suite

It was a very pleasant stay. The hotel was very comfortable and nice. The staff members are very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Paying for water

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Great place to stay with wonderful personal touches
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The whirlpool tub was an awesome surprise!

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Clean and large rooms
    • King Studio Suite

If a mini store for drinks and food available will be better.

Room very clean and large.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Nice, clean, quiet place.
    • Queen Studio Suite

Needs a restaurant and bar/lounge

Nice, clean, quiet place.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Outstanding hotel

N/a

Spacious, clean, very quite and safe. I would tell 100 people to stay here and the full breakfast was excellent. Social hour was a good idea

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

A gem of a hotel
    • Queen Studio Suite

Very close to the freeway but inside the hotel is very quiet.

The ambience was incredible. It like an old world hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Staff sucks here.
    • Queen Studio Suite

Staff sucks here. Ask me to go.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Exterieur of The hotel
    • Queen Studio Suite

Breakfast Room; Cook didn't wanz to fry two eggs sunny side up. To near to the Highway.

Exterieur of The hotel

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The staff are very helpful and friendly.
    • Queen Studio Suite

The staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Beautiful surprise!
    • Queen Studio Suite

The breakfast is very good.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Good
    • Queen Studio Suite

Good

Very nice place.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Great place to stay.

Nothing but compliments to this hotel.

Great place to stay. Immaculately clean and very comfortable room. Nice landscaping, modern hotel and very attractive lobby. Staff was excellent on check in and check out. Friendly and efficient. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2016

Staff was wonderful!

The view of the highway in every direction! It's no big deal though ;)

Staff was wonderful! The manager is super responsive and sent me a sweater I had left in the room. Debbie at the front desk is great.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

The water at the front desk.

- Putting out old newspapers - emailing me that the outlets at orange are miles away (a lot farther in reality and way out of the way) - breakfast being served in styrofoam versus paper products or real stuff. - hot tub outside could have been hotter.

The water at the front desk. Breakfast was decent.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2015

Loved the decor!

The cops were there blocking driveway when we arrived and kinda acted as if everybody was a criminal! Not sure what reason they had lights flashing

Loved the decor! Tv was kinda small! But overall Fred was polite and real respectful!

There are also 66 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.