Reviews of Best Western Castillo Del Sol 3 stars

205 South Atlantic Avenue, Ormond Beach, FL 32176, USA

#13 of 26 hotels in Ormond Beach

Not worth aggregation there are nicer hotels in the area.

The room wasnt ready for check in. I booked ocean front and they wanted to five me ocean view. There were bugs in the room one of the bugs was a roach, and not the Florida kind. No hot water to shower with, was told that we needed to run all the facets in the room for 10 minutes to get hot water in the shower! Last, the lamps in the room didnt work because they didnt have bulbs in them, had to call maintenance to install bulbs in 3 lamps. Dont stay there!

The beach

It was a very nice stay. I will come back and ask for Patty to check me in.

The young girl at the front desk didn't seem to know what she was doing. I went four different times to see if my room was ready yet and she never said anything about pre-registering. I had to ask for a parking pass so I wasn't towed away. She still never asked. I was watching people drive up and get a room. Finally I said something and the other lady (Patty) asked if she could help and I suddenly got my room. Sorry I don't have her name, she wasn't wearing a badge. Thank you Patty

Once we got into our room everything was great. Pool, room and breakfast was very good. The staff was always polite and asked if they could do anything for you and how is your stay going.

Should be cheaper for what you get.
    • Oceanfront Room with Two Queen Beds

We asked for a room up high and were put on the second floor. We asked for 2 queens and got 2 doubles. There is no ventilation in the bathroom and we had no hot water 1 night. Parking is a nightmare.

Beach front

Weekend getaway
    • King Room - Disability Access

No microwave or coffee pot in the room. Didn't know until the last day that you could ask for them to be brought to the room.

Exceptionally clean, staff very accomadating

The location is awesome!

The room clean up service wasn’t the best. We only had someone actually clean our room twice the whole week. They never had clean towels or toilet paper on their carts. It was like we were a hassle to them if we needed anything. Our 1st night we noticed we didn’t have a shower curtain. I called down and it was brought up and handed to us to put up ourselves. Definitely a different stay from our visit last year.

The location is awesome! The check in staff and breakfast lady were great and very helpful.

It was just the relaxing vacation I needed.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I had to call twice before my arrival and I couldn't ask for anyone more helpful. The breakfast was really good and the staff kept the flow going smoothly. The beds were very comfortable and the room very clean. I am already planning next years trip! Now my whole family wants to go with me.

Was very comfortable and friendly place to stay.

No complaints, due to the spur of the moment change in our vacation plans it was one of only a few options available in the area. We will be back to this hotel, we enjoyed our stay.

Was very comfortable and friendly place to stay. Room was clean, staff was nice, and access to the beach was right there.

There was a few downs.

There was a few downs.Reseeve a room wirh a kitchen it wasn't a full kitchen.Fridge was so tiny no cookware etc...Also when I first check in gave a room that I didn't reserved. As wwll as had a problem with tv call front desk they never showed up.

It was ok but not impressive.

Neighbors smoking on open balconies even though this was a no smoking facility. I complained to staff but the neighbors continued smoking. Did not like the open balconies because there was no privacy. Sliding glass door to the balcony was very hard to open and close. Front door wouldn't close good. We had to fight to get it to latch. Key cards did not work so we had to get them reprogrammed. Had staff knocking on our door 30 minutes before checkout time to see if we had left yet.

I liked the ocean front view.

Four time customer

Parking was a nightmare, elevators were slow and couldn't handle the guest capacity, not enough luggage carts. Room service was horrible, are room never got cleaned and we had to ask every day for towels anything else we needed. No water pressure in shower which makes washing off sunblock and sand quite difficult.

Check in staff was very curtious and helpful, breakfast was good, pool was nice and location is fantastic.

Will stay again

Public parking on the beach but the hotel can’t control that. Booking.com gave me the wrong impression of the room I was looking at and I feel was way overpricing the room for just an ocean view.

Every staff member we had contact with was nice, courteous, and respectful. Booking.com made me think I was arriving to an oceanfront room but the reservation the hotel got was ocean view I was told. I then told them I was under the impression of the oceanfront room that booking.com made me pay an extra $25 a night for and he very kindly swapped my room to a beautiful room with the greatest view I could ask for. As we would head to the pool and ocean in the morning, we would pass the housekeeper and ask her for a few towels or trash bags because we took the trash out and tell her she wouldn’t have to stop by our room and everyday she said thank you and gave us what we asked for. Amazing. I may not book my stay through booking.com again but I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Our stay was a pleasant, quite, relaxing and comfortamble stay at this facility.

everything was awesome!

The breakfast was hot and delicious. Jennifer the chef made sure our needs were met by coming around to our table at breakfast to make sure were satisfied with our meal. We checked out before breakfast, however she made sure we had coffee and thanked us for coming.

Our family had a great time enjoying the beach and pool!
    • Oceanfront Room with Two Queen Beds

No hot water both days for showering...bathrooms were super small...nothing to really do close by...went to Daytona for activities and there were too many homeless and druggies at the boardwalk pier!

Loved the beach access and very family oriented...way better than staying in Daytona Beach (too many drunk people and rowdiness there)...pool was very clean and great to come to after a day at the beach! Great ocean view from our balcony! Room was very spacious for all the beach gear!

Would definitely stay again, great value for the money and everyone there was super friendly and acc
    • Oceanfront Room with Two Queen Beds

One of the elevators was not working properly but that did not bother us as they did have two elevators and it was never an issue of having to wait.

The breakfast was great. The view from the room was spectacular. Easy check in and check out. Great location.

Atlantic get away

The breakfast area was hot and crowded the juice machines were dispensing hot juices

Nice area, great view of the ocean, rooms were spacious and very clean

Disappointed

Upon arrival the check in was ok,when we got to our room it smells like mould the sheets was not smelling good and i had to kill roaches,i will not be using this place again that's for sure.The breakfast was poor and they only had one person working the cafeteria.

Where the hotel was located

Great stay
    • Oceanfront Room with Two Queen Beds

The elevators would work here and there. Breakfast room was hot. Also parking looked like it was an issue the day we left.

Loved the layout of the room we had a large oceanfront room. Pay extra for oceanfront you will not be disappointed. We would stay here again.

I would definately recommend this property

The bathroom was a little small

The rooms were clean and the bed was quite comfortable. My favorite thing was the view. We had a side room but still had a beautiful view of the ocean! So smart on the construction to make that happen!

Great value

Pool isn't heated and paint needed touch ups in our room. The bathroom fan was filthy and our bathroom was small. Overall though the place is nice and these little things are just little things.

Our room was nice with a front view of the beach. It also had a good size fridge and a stove top, although it didn't come with accessories so if you want pots/pans etc., get a kitchenette or bring your own. Staff is friendly. Breakfast was very good with both hot and cold choices. Room was clean and place was quiet. We will definitely stay again.

Fun days at the beach.

Breakfast our first morning was horrible. Watered down OJ and waffle batter. It was better a few days later when I braved to try it again.

Liked there was carpet on the floor. Tile is slippery and sandy.

What I didn’t like is that the balcony wasn’t safe , I was...

What I didn’t like is that the balcony wasn’t safe , I was traveling with my 10month old and I was scared too even open the balcony door Incase she wondered out and squeezed in between railing that is wide enough for her too go threw. But besides that everything was Great.

Unfortunately, not a good stay. Went home sick on Mother's Day. Still Miserable.

You could tell the carpets had just been cleaned, but not allowed to properly dry. I woke up the next morning sick from the mildew smell coming from the carpet. Disappointed in the room, view was horrible. We were in a room right above the dumpster. So going out on the balcony we had to deal with the smell from the dumpster and the heat coming from the A/C unit for the room next to us. I am still sick from the wet carpet. No freezer in refrigerator. This is not what I remember from my last stay at a Best Western, standards have gone down. Very noisy traffic, couldn't hear the ocean for the cars and motorcycles.

The bed was definitely comfortable, staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable. I enjoyed the coffee in the room. Room was clean.

Over all, pretty good.

Outside parking was not sufficient. Taken up by two busses. Fluorescent lighting was poor (With both fluorescent lights on you could see as well as if you had a few candles lit). Had to get maintenance to clean up the entire breezeway area, floors tables and chairs before we could use breezeway.

Room and carpet pretty clean. Had a nice breezeway, to have a party, that was cool, shaded and dry when it rained.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would choose this hotel again.

I called to verify my reservation before leaving home. I advise everyone to do this. I was told I had cancelled, which I hadn't. I did change my date of arrival through booking.com but the hotel didn't show that. I had requested ocean front, ground floor but was told, when I arrived, it was a side view. They changed that to ocean front, 5th floor upon our arrival, when I told them what I had requested on line as well as over the phone when verifying my reservation. I'm thankful I called ahead and appreciate the hotel for giving us the ocean front room.

We loved the view. Our room was always cleaned while we were out so that was a nice thing to come back to. The front desk staff was pleasant and friendly. We were in a nice area and we enjoyed our stay.

Poor customer service from the staff

Given wrong rooms and not offered reimbursement for the poorly equipped rooms we were given.

Best Western was refused to provide me with the rooms that I paid for and offered NO resolution.

We asked if housekeeping could change the sheets the second...

We asked if housekeeping could change the sheets the second night because our daughter and her friends got sand in the bed. They never did and we didn't get back to the hotel until almost 10:00 that night when there was no longer any housekeeping staff available. However, they did send someone up to change them when we called. The breakfast did not have many options besides bread and cereal.

had a great 2 weeks hope to be there same time next year

found that the breakfast room was a little cramped and some of the cleaning girls sort of had to be told what we wanted done in the room where sometimes I thought they should just clean automatically

we loved the time patty took to make sure we were happy and accommodate us .The girlls that cleaned the rooms were very nice. close to everything many restaurants and shops close by

Breakfast included 😊

My son got a really bad rash after sleeping on the bed. Housekeeping did come and change the sheets with no problem but my son’s rash was still very raw & all over his legs and arms 😔.

Breakfast included 😊

I would stay gain.

Both of us had to take off and run to jump up on the bed. On site whirlpool or heat for the pool would have been better.

Excellent full breakfast. Mini kitchenette, Ocean front balcony was great.

not what we expected out of a Best Western we stayed at several
    • King Room - Disability Access

The room smells musty my wife says disabilities and we had too far to go to get to the room couldn't go to the beach because the steps were too inclined

The breakfast was adequate the dead was the best thing about the place

Worth coming back too.

Handicap parking is for handicapped people not anyone who can't find a good spot because there isn't enough parking. Enforce your own rules on all parking.

Great staff. Clean property and a good breakfast. Great views from the balcony.

Paying for the name

Needed work a lot sliding glass door didn't close and damage to the porch the pool should be salt water and loud music at the pool kept my son up

The access to the beach and locations of the room to see the beach close to places to eat and to Daytona

Would stay again! Great location and nice property, clean and friendly staff.

There were a two roaches around the refrigerator area, although area looked clean, still probably need to spray.

Great location. Nice facilities. Always had clean towels.

Loved the location. But it is getting old. Too bad pool wasn't heated.

Property is showing it's age. There were guests who had four rooms on the pool level. They basically took over with all their company, drinking and actually laying on the blacktop in the parking lot with their towels because it was too windy by the pool. Nothing was done about it.

Lady in breakfast room was exceptional. Very nice to guests.

It sucked not oceanfront no microwave or stove top.

It would have been nice if i got the room i booked. It was false advertisement. It was not ocean front nor did include a microwave. Traveling with kids and buying multiple foods that could easily be made in microwave was a huge for me. My kids love the beach and for us not being able to view ocean from balcony sucked. Y’all need to remove the room type off the booking.com site it’s not valid.

I work with the public and understand issues arise but would not stay there again.

I thought we reserved 3 ocean front rooms. When we checked in they were ocean view rooms. (we could see the ocean leaning over the balcony). Contacted our booking agent and they verified we should have the ocean front rooms however the hotel said the booking agent was wrong and they did not have any ocean front rooms available. Due to a water leak in one room one of us was issued an ocean front room. Must have issues with housekeeping as our rooms were not touched the last full day we were there and had to go to the front desk for washcloths.

The beaches were clean, the breakfast room was very nice and the attendant was very nice. Liked the large patio area at the pool. It is close to restaurants and shopping.

Very nice place with great courteous and efficient staff . Everyone was friendly and took pride in

Parking

Very friendly and efficient staff. Room was very clean and would definitely come back. Having a room looking out over water would’ve helped. Last minute reservafion

Room had no kitchenette or microwave as listed in booking on...

Room had no kitchenette or microwave as listed in booking on your website. No fullsize frig. Only one trashcan in room for entire stay. Room was sideview not oceanfront and the view was not good.

Although we didn’t receive the type of room we reserved we just made the best of our family vacatio.

The room I reserved said in the discription it had a fridge, stove top and microwave but it only had a mini fridge.

The free breakfast was great . The bed was comfy and the view from my room was a side view of the beach which wasn’t bad at all.

The check in and out was a breeze.

Our bed was very firm.

The check in and out was a breeze. It was right on the ocean which made for quick access. Clean hotel. Breakfast had many different options. Would recommend to others and stay here again myself in the future.

It was fine.

Staff were helpful and accomadating. room wasnt cleaned as I would expect. but not bad. Kitchenette wasn't wiped and dust behind tables :( The pool was lovely and the view was wonderful.

You cannot beat the location so all other problems dissapate. I would return soley for the location.

My request for a ground floor room was not honored. I emailed the hotel and also booking.com several months in advance. When checking in I was very early and was told to come after 3 due to shift change. Why is check in at 3 if you cannot accommodate at that time? The room door did not close all the way at the bottom which was disconcerting. Neither did the bathroom window close all the way. The toiletries are insufficient.

The staff were all accommodating and very helpful. The breakfast was good. The breakfast attendant worked very hard at keeping everyone happy. The view fantastic. The room was well equipped.

Breakfast was good.
    • Oceanfront Room with Two Queen Beds

I had to switch rooms and then in the “new” room no one had cleaned the kitchen ( coffee cup in the microwave and ice and a tissue in the freezer) so they had to send someone to clean the kitchen the first room had mold all over the sliding doors and on the walls surrounding the sliding doors. When my husband lost his room key they just asked for his room number and didn’t even ask for ID or anything to make sure that he was the person staying in that room 😕

Breakfast was good. I liked it was right on the beach

The staff was friendly and help full.

The curtains going to the balcony was dirty like no one have changed them for a year. there was black hair around the tub and be-hide the toilet. both of us are in our 70's and do not have black hair

The staff was friendly and help full.

Great location. If I visit Ormond Beach again will definitely stay at your hotel again.

Lighting over sink wasn’t good. Very dim. Bathroom a little on the small side.

Room was clean and spacious. Loved the terrace with the ocean view!Bed very comfortable. Had everything I needed.

Terrible service.

Our room was never made up by housekeeping. We even called the front desk several times during the day to have our room made up and get fresh towels... It never got done. I finally had to go down to the front desk to at least get towels so we could shower in the morning. Service was terrible.

The beach location.

1 day not so good. other 6 days terrific

1 st night was given a room not worthy of the price paid. was not beach front,water drainage poor.bath tube,sink,commode. staff did move me to a beach front room. much better room.

staff was very friendly

Good location bad everything else

The room smelled dirty, no coffee in the room and staff lied to me about it the cleaning staff got it for me but then asked for a tip... never staying there again

Location was good

We could have been accommodated more effectively and efficiently.

The roaches in our room

We arrived and was disappointed when we did not get the amenities that we were supposed to get. The next day, we killed a baby roach and later a bigger roach. We were moved to a different room with no amenities that we paid for.

Our stay was very nice and I would come back again!

Girl in breakfast area, she was blonde hair didn't get her name she likes to flip her hair a lot and not quick to replace items unless told. Does a lot of talking too!

Patty was so nice and helpful. Vicky cleaned our room and did an excellent job. Jackie in breakfast was fast and always on her toes seeing tables were clean and every thing replaced fast!

Beautiful view, cleanliness needs to be addressed!!
    • Suite with Spa Bath

Room was not clean, we found 6 pieces to a Mr Potato Head under couch and chairs, 2 matchbox cars, empty pepsi cans, hangers, and a array of gummi snacks all under furniture in living room. Our bathroom had the Jacuzzi tub, the parts were broken as well as the wall around and down to the floor were covered in black mold.

View was gorgeous

A place to sleep, not a vacation destination.

The 'full-kitchen' did not include silverware, dish ware, or glassware. No beach towels out at the unheated pool. No hot tub, minimal, uncomfortable lounge chairs. $2.50 for 2 antacids.

The bed was comfortable, but the hotel in general, seems run down.

Oceanfront.
    • Oceanfront Room with Two Queen Beds

The sun was gone off the balconies and pool before noon. And the pool was not heated and there is no privacy on your balcony on the Oceanside rooms

Oceanfront. Staff. Breakfast

Overall, we would stay here again. Call ahead of time to confirm what your room includes.

Our room (ocean VIEW) didn’t have a microwave and stove like it said online- we found out later that those only come with ocean FRONT rooms; this led us to eating out a lot instead of cooking like we had planned. The bathroom was a little small. I wish they had a hot tub as well.

I liked that the property had its own entrance to the beach. The room was very clean and compact. The beds were soft and had clean linens on them. The breakfast wasn’t bad; we loved that we could make our own waffles! The hot water also never runs out!

We enjoyed our stay and the view was priceless!

Would have liked a more private balcony. Also had a misunderstanding about the room we reserved. Booking.com said it was oceanfront, but hotel said we reserved ocean view. They did have an oceanfront room available and did not hesitate to give it to us. May want to check ahead of time just what type of room you are getting.

Could not beat the price to have an oceanfront room! The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable.

Came home with bugs crawling all through my luggage and when...

Came home with bugs crawling all through my luggage and when I contacted the property I was told Lorraine the manager would give me a call and yet I still haven’t heard from her.

Over all,great property,clean and comfortable.

Coffee at breakfast was bitter and the juice had an off taste.

We have stayed here before....breakfaost was much better this time....love having 2 waffle makers and a variety of syrups and toppings.

Very satisfied

A few more parking places.

Breakfast was great. Bed was extremely comfortable. View was great right from the bed. Staff were friendly and accommodating. On the beach with good location to restaurants, stores and attractions.

Overall our experience was good!

The elevators were a little scary and did not sound or feel like they were working properly. We really wish that they had a hot tub!

Great beds! Ali at the front desk was amazing! She upgraded our room to oceanfront because she had a cancellation. She went above and beyond! Thanks Ali!!

The pictures online are definitely misleading to say the least.

The hotel is really worn. The rooms don’t reflect the lobby or the breakfast area. The hotel advertises that there’s a restaurant onsite, but it’s actually a delivery service. We were there 2 days and never saw a restaurant. The bathroom was very small, clean but small. The beds were firm(I prefer a softer mattress). So for some this wouldn’t be an issue. There’s no comforters on the beds only two sheets and a thin blanket of some sort. The balcony looks very worn. One thing that I did notice was that the barriers are spread too far apart. A small child could easily slip through the space and fall to the ground. We were on the 3rd floor. Even though our kids weren’t with us, this was alarming. There’s absolutely no way that the balcony could be up to code. My recommendation would be to lessen the space between the barriers on the balcony before there’s a tragedy!! Spend a little now, or a lot later in the form of a lawsuit payout. Definitely not worth the money I paid even taking into consideration that it was the Daytona 500 weekend. We paid almost $300.00 per night. Huge mark up, considering that the regular nightly rates are under $100.00. Talk about price gouging!!

The people were very friendly. The breakfast was great. There were plenty of pillows and towels.

Ocean view, friendly staff,
    • Suite with Spa Bath

There wasn't much to not like ocean view was amazing The bathroom is small but it worked rooms could us an update but they are very clean !

Ocean view, friendly staff,

It was aweful!
    • Suite with Spa Bath

It was dirty. The "spatub" kept draining until I tightened the plug up. There was hair all over the tub and trash in all the rooms. Disgusting!

The property let us check out at noon due to my fiances disability.

Great Hotel.

We enjoyed this property very much. We know where we are coming next year. Very easy to get to. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Beach access was great.

Will stay again. Nothing better than waking up to a beautiful sunrise.

Found 1 palmetto bug in the room but it is Florida in the winter and they tend to come inside when its cold. I squashed it.

2nd time I have stayed here. Its has been always awesome staff,pool beach room cleanliness all is good.

This hotel is right in front of the beach , it's clean...

Nothing to complaint about.

This hotel is right in front of the beach , it's clean and has large rooms with wonderful view on the ocean. The staff was very nice too.

Great employee and would definitely come back.

1st day 1:30 in the morning toilet just starts to over flow. Which we had to move at that time. 2nd Out of 2 elevators one was work in. Also out of 2 washing machines one had this nasty black water in it. Very inconvenient. Besides this everything and everyone was great.

Very friendly and accommodating employee's

Beautiful views and scary elevator.
    • Suite with Spa Bath

The elevator is scary. We were on the 7th floor with beautiful views of the ocean and city.

The jetted tub was huge and wonderful. Water pressure for shower was lacking but it was Hot. Breakfast was standard eggs, sausage, cereal, and oatmeal. It would have been nice if they had strawberries and cream flavor though.

had a great time. Loved the beach.

Parking can be challenging, no microwave in room . Solicitors on beach that hotel has no control over.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, too Clean and sufficient. Location to beach is great.

It was a very nice stay and we would go back but would call hotel direct and book our room.

Booking.com saying oceanfront and then changed to ocean view. Not the same thing.

The breakfast was very good. Each morning something different eggs, ham, sausage, waffles. Was not expecting such a nice breakfast. The only thing that was disappointing is booking.com said ocean front room then when sent confirmation it said ocean view. The lady at front desk helped us out and changed our room to ocean front for the same price.

Beach access, staff was nice, & the suite jacuzzi felt...
    • Suite with Spa Bath

Alarms went off numerous times during the day and throughout the night, the party before us had left a cup of cigarette butts in water on the balcony,and the price for 3 nights was a bit pricey for what it was.

Beach access, staff was nice, & the suite jacuzzi felt good.

Great stay for Biketoberfest, staff and guests great, hope to come back next year.

The weather, but no one can order that .

Great room with views over the sea, everyone friendly, staff and other guests. Breakfast was always nice with Jackie making sure everything was well stocked and greeting people everyday to make sure we had what w wanted.the

Great clean comfortable rooms w/ocean views & OUTSTANDING BREAKFEST!

Pool wasn't heated. Thats it.

Nice size room. Great views. Comfortable bed/linens/pillows. Very friendly staff. Excellent breakfest, more than i expected. Fluffy eggs, cheese omelets, sausage, bacon, ham, waffles w/tons of topping options, plus ur normal breakfest stuff, fruits, toast,bagels,pastries, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal,juices,coffee. Very happy I stayed here...

If you are bringing a trailer to Biketoberfest, this may not be the place to stay.

For $200 a night -- the room could have had a better "ocean" view. When I called the hotel, to ask about the room, I told them we were attending the Biketoberfest and would be coming with a car pulling a 5 x 8 trailer with a motorcycle. After I had already made my reservations (and would lose $200 for cancelling the reservation), I found out that we could not leave the trailer at the hotel. They would not provide me w/locations to hold the trailer over the phone -- only at a check in. In the future, if I were attending Biketoberfest, this would prevent me from using this hotel.

The staff was friendly. The room was very comfortable - everything was in good working order. The buffet was very good. It was fairly close to Main Street in Daytona Beach where the majority of Biketoberfest was taking place.

One week after Hurricane Irma but it was a great anniversary trip.

No ice machine on first floor. Slider door did not work well.

Breakfast was really good each morning. The breakfast room staff was beyond excellent!!!!

Fun at the beach with a misleading view

Broken elevators and misleading room description. Oceanview room DOES NOT mean Oceanfront room!!!

The location was great. The booking.com room description is very misleading. It says ocean view, which to me means I would have one of the oceanfront rooms with the balcony. Instead we got one of the rooms on the side of the hotel that had a balcony that angled towards the ocean, so I could get a slight view of the ocean. We were very disappointed about this. They had two elevators. On the first day one of the elevators was broke. On the second day the other elevator was broke. It took us 30 minutes to leave the hotel because we had to wait for the one elevator to be free of luggage carts from the other people also trying to check out. The hotel was nice, the breakfast was yummy and there was lots of seating.

Browse Best Western Castillo Del Sol traveller photo gallery