2. USA hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Best Western Irving Inn & Suites at DFW Airport

Reviews of Best Western Irving Inn & Suites at DFW Airport 2 stars

4110 West Airport Freeway, Irving, TX 75062, USA

#48 of 70 hotels in Irving

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 8 December 2018

Adequate for the night before a flight but not a modern facility.

Somewhat dated. A motel vs a hotel.There were 2 floors but no elevator. Given that doors opened to the outside We 2 women would have felt safer on the 2nd floor but there was no elevator for my friend who had knee issues. The ability charge electronics limited to wall sockets vs lamps in desk or bed side table.

Close to airport. Breakfast and internet were both good.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

Average
    • King Room - Disability Access

Please try to provide a water bottle for customers who come there. Basically, most of the people travel from far places and when the staff says we don't give water bottle for customers that really piss off...

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Good for what we needed.

With two women who have hot flashes, being able to provide a fan would have been nice.

Location, it was very close to the venue we were attending. Easy for shopping the next day.

Good location but other issues mean we will not be going back there but Dallas was great.

Closeness to airport and north south freeway. The room allocated had a insecure door and so l asked to be moved which was disruptive. New room was fine.l unfortunately left a phone charger in the first room but by the time l had discovered it the room had been released probably still with the problem.l did not get my charger back even after speaking to reception and the occupant. Poor show all round.

Neighbouring Chinese looked less than inviting

I left before breakfast was served.

The cleanliness of the room and areas in general were clean but haven't been deep cleaned, but I enjoyed the room. It was very roomy and the bed was most comfortable. The blanket needs to be cleaned but I am picky when it comes to cleanliness. I was thankful for the coffee when I had returned on my flight and the lemon water was very refreshing before starting my journey home.

I left before breakfast was served. I didn't eat. I was very thankful for the service to and from DFW, it was quick and helpful. Especially the service when returning back from DFW, the driver was extremely helpful with directions when I left, he took the time to write it down. The lady at the desk was helpful. She considered my back problems and gave me a better location when I checked in which was very nice.

It was nice other than the little scares we had.

I didn't like my children finding used condom wrappers on the floor. When my family member was sitting in her car looking down texting on her phone to make sure she was in the right location...There was a man standing over her looking in the window & when my child walked up to help her get her things out and let her know she was in the right area, the guy still wouldn't move from her car. Later that night I came back from a studio session and a guy approached me asking if my old man was with me and did he want to make some money by taking him somewhere...When I said no he got irate and begin screaming then another guy met me going up the stairs as I was walking away from the guy screaming like he was following me but got startled when he got to the top of the stairs and saw my 17yr old son. He then stopped mumbling and went about his business.

It was convenient to WalMart and close to our destination.

RUN AWAY! BED BUGS!

I have been bitten by bed bugs. I could not sleep as I spent the whole night in scratching my body. I could not get even a discount for inconvenience. (Room 226 on 2018/05/20)

Worst experience

The toilet had to be flushed 3+ times for it to go down. The fridge wasn’t cold enough to keep my food cold. The shower didn’t work properly. The sheets weren’t changed while our 4 night stay. That’s ridiculous. The trash was piled up and not taken out. It was not a pleasant stay not worth the money !!! Stay away. This hotel is cheap and beds are old and raggedy.

I didn’t like anything!! it was over priced. Nothing worked properly

Friendly staff & location made for a relaxed stay

Construction out front made it harder to drive in the area especially if unsure of how highways work Hot tub was not hot

Easy location to city transit system walking distance to walmart, Irving mall and many restaurants and services Beds were Very comfortable and nights were peaceful and quiet Excellent breakfast selection

Should be 1.5 stars. Nope. Uh-uh. Won't go there again.

Beds were bouncy/squeaky and the carpet had gross sticky stains. Hot tub had green and brown floor (wouldn't have used anyway, but nasty!). Non-automatic entry doors make it a trial just to get into the lobby with any luggage.

Shuttle driver was nice and courteous.

Not worth it.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The advertisement may it seem as though there was a shuttle available doing rounds, but after waiting a long time and finally contacting staff I was told shuttles needed to be requested and that it would take 30-45 mins for someone to pick me up even though it was only 12-15 mins away. The A/C wasn't working properly and the shower drains very slowly. Breakfast, the Orange juice wasn't filled up even though I was there 15 mins after the service started. In addition, the coffee was burnt.

mediocre at best.

ZERO LUXURIES

Beds were comfy.

The rooms were very outdated: stained carpet, moldy corners in bathroom, etc. Thought it was an actual hotel but more like a motel. Walked out of room directly outside instead of into a hallway.

Our flight to DFW was diverted due to weather, so we missed...

Our flight to DFW was diverted due to weather, so we missed our connecting flight to CA. We were able to get the last room they had available. Fortunately their shuttle runs until 11pm. The friendly staff, clean comfortable bed and breakfast in the morning were just what we needed.

Horrible and exhausting.
    • King Suite

Everything. I would never stay here or recommend it.

Rude staff. I walked in to check in and the staff was having an argument about the shuttle and cursing at each other. The room was filthy. Bedding had stains on it.

Good for a stop-over — the front desk staff made you feel welcomed.

We had hoped to have a shuttle from airport to the hotel for our late night/early morning arrival but found their shuttle stops at midnight — so we had to call a cab.

Small rooms and having double size beds is smaller than the queens you usually have a motel/hotels these days — however beds were comfortable for the family.

Clean place, friendly staff.

Didn't realize you had to walk outside from the lobby to get to your room, it was 27 degrees, felt like 12 when we were there.

Very clean, very friendly staff. Free shuttle to and from the airport, drivers very friendly and informative.

Bad experience

Everything!!!

The room looks very old. Needs updating badly. Noise outside from construction and couldn't even figure how to enter from highway!way too expensive comparing this hotel to others in the area! Would have left but it was very late upon arrival.

I will be staying again and I'll bring my own fan
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Bed was hard , no fan in bedroom with spa !! Tv is way to low to watch while laying in bed

The bed was very hard ,, hurt my back. And would like a fan in bedroom because Whirlpool tub was hottttt,, a PLUS :) THE TUB WQS AMAZING!! THE WHOLE REASON WHY WE WENT !!! A+++

Wonderfully surprised!

Run down restaurants surrounding the hotel

The hotel it's self is incredible. The location seems a bit dirty but there is some construction going on in that area. Some of the restaurants around the hotel seem very run down, but I would highly recommend staying here if you're looking for a lot of room on a budget!

My stay was fine.

No shuttle service at midnight when my plan landed. Toilet would not flush properly and finally overflowed but they took care of the problem when we let them know.

Free breakfast is always good.

kinda ok, staff was GREAT

floor in front of refrigerator was soaking wet when we got there, wifi was terrible we were in 134, practically no service, we were kind of afrain being in the VERY back (2ladies) and there was a drunk possible homeless roaming around the parking lot back there , just not a safe place for 2 older ladies late at night

ONE OF THE WORST STAYS EVER - ESPECIALLY AFTER HURRICANE HARVEY EVAC!

NEW STAFF!

We were evacuated from Richmond TX after Hurricane Harvey, and guests were upset at the front desk because staff refused to give extra linens for families, they lied and said they didn't have anymore, then found housekeeping which had PLENTY OF CLEAN LINENS...staff was not sympathetic! They weren't helpful and I can't recommend this hotel - UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE - EVER!

It was priced right and not far from my meeting place

I was not able to watch TV because the volume would not turn up past 16. It would turn down just fine, so I felt like it was governed for some reason. But with all the outside distractions (airplanes overhead every 2 minutes and courtyard acoustics were loud). I had to turn on CC so I could figure out what was going on.

It was decent and comfortable.

Just the a/c
    • King Room - Disability Access

Everything was terrible, the facilities are very dirty and the staff of the 3er shieft the're unfrienly and a make a deal to get my ride from the air port to the hotel and go back to the air port to take my flight but they never shop up , I did take a uber to do it , and I was to late to take my flight !

Just the a/c

I guess I got what I paid for. NEVER AGAIN!!

First of all when I called for the airport shuttle they had me walk a far distance with my bags just to get the pick up point. That's after telling them I was next to a "courtesy van" area. I was a hot mess with aching hands by the time I got there. The shuttle driver drove all around looking for me b cause he got here before my tired legs did. And guess what, he could have picked me up at the first point, b cause when he didn't see me he went to the other pick up point. That front desk clerk obviously didn't know what she was doing. The hallway smelled of urine, there were 2 floors but no elevator, so I had to figure out the stairs with 3 bags. Thank God another guest offered to help. The tv had limited channels and the volume only went up to 16. I literally had to stand in front of the tv to hear. The room smelled of cigarette. There was soap and shampoo but no lotion. I had a long day of travelling and wanted to rest but was constantly disturbed with people talking loudly outside. I was so tired next morning I skipped the breakfast to get some more sleep. Had 2 flights to endure that day.

Close to the airport, cheap hotel. The shuttle drivers were very helpful and pleasant.

Needs some TLC

For a Best Western this place was really shady ... It took them 3 days to fix my bathroom door... breakfast comsist powdered eggs and sausage everyday no variety.. Homeless sleeping outside of hotel.. o would not return to this hotel...

Nothing, oh yeah! The hotel was close to my job site.

Good value for the price off booking.com for a quick get away to six flags arlington

Didn't like that the pool closed at 10. And that check in is late at 3pm but we have to check out in the am by 11

Room was small but for the amount of time we were they it was decent..

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Average hotel for a quick overnight stay.

The pillows are flat and lumpy. The area around the hotel is not the nicest and the restaurant in front of the hotel is rather stinky.

The front desk staff was very nice.

Great friendly staff .
    • King Suite

No elevator , had to walk up the stairs with kids which is not very safe .

Great friendly staff . Very professional & courteous. Room was nice . Only complaint I have as that there was no elevator , not very safe going to the stairs with kids under 5. Complimentary breakfast was great but it tasted great !

Best best western

The prices were a little high but considering the amenities provided

The breakfast was delicious the waffle maker fresh eggs and sausage made my morning the beds were super comfortable and clean which the wife loved thw bathrooms were great and spacious ;) tv was excellent and the staff was very respectful and fun

Location was excellent, breakfast was alright.

The lobby has a strong choking smell. The mattress is uncomfortable, you can feel the springs. Get an extra blanket.

Location was excellent, breakfast was alright. Boil eggs,sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles,bagel, bread, oatmeal, yogurt.

The price was reasonable

The corridors of the hotel echoed and guests were loud at all hours of the night. The breakfast was to begin at 7 am. The lights were still off. Only a few servings of food were ready. Coffee urn, creamer were empty. Only set out a few cups. Eating area only sat about 20 people. Felt crowded. I had a bowl of cereal. Very disappointed. This was the worst Best Western I have ever stayed in. Would not recommend this to anyone.

The price was reasonable

• Reviewed: 10 December 2018

The bed was like sleeping on the floor.

The bed was like sleeping on the floor.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

Excellent hotel

the excellent customer service from the front desk clerks and the shuttle drivers. The breakfast was great!! Will stay again

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

shuttle to DFW airport

everything OK

shuttle to DFW airport

Good!

Very poor television reception.go

Yes very good breakfast. The lady in the kitchen was very helpfull.

Buffet breakfast was excellent, room was exactly what we...

Buffet breakfast was excellent, room was exactly what we needed and very clean...staff were friendly

Size if the room
    • King Suite

Not fond of outside entrances

Size if the room

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Nice

Everything was good

Breakfast was great and the room clean

The staff was very nice

Location and the the ants in the room

The staff was very nice

Enjoy the room, friendly staff

Full size beds Perfer queen size bed instead

Location, location, location

Great customer service

Great customer service

Bed was horrible

Bed was horrible

Clean, good breakfast

Clean, good breakfast

Good

On going construction on the highway

Everything except having to pay an extra $25 to check in...

Having to pay an extra $25 to check in early.

Everything except having to pay an extra $25 to check in early! Not cool

The location of the pool.

Dirty, outdated, night shift staff is horrible! Had to be relocated to another room, the next day!

The location of the pool.

Not ever going back to this place...

The room was not too clean and the staff was very rude.

The lobby was ok

Good value

Good value for the money. Clean, functional, good breakfast. Close to airport.

Roaches in the bedroom crawling around

Roaches in the bedroom crawling around

Nice

Great Stay

The construction around it

Affordable and Great for the Money...Hot breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The room was so roomy and spotless. Breakfast was healthy and simple. Loved the heater had it on full blast my entire stay. Staff is really friendly.

Bathroom

Good

We will go back whenever staying in area

mattress

location friendly staff clean room

It was great moment.

A bottle of water would ave been great in the room.

Neat environment Airport pick up Closeness to Walmart

Front desk lady was rude.

Location was good nothing more

Looks like a run down motel 6 nothing like the bestwestern I've stayed at before

Location was good nothing more

Inexpensive but clean.....
    • King Room - Disability Access

Older unit with exterior entrance

Everthing it was like coming home

Leaving

Everthing it was like coming home

Highly recommended

Lovely hotel with a good gym, rooms are massive and beds even more so! Staff welcoming and friendly and the breakfast is ok too!

I would recommend this hotel if you're visiting in Gig Harbor.... we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

no complaints, it was GREAT! 😇

It was roomy, clean, and with a great view!

It is good Hotel

Carpet need replacemnet.

Big room, good Wifi, nice swimming pool, close to walmart

Great place

It was all good.

Bed was great. The room temp held nice. The morning breakfast was delish. The shuttle was nice,too. The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Bad deal

Dirty,stink,breakfast was bad ,staff not friendly

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Big rooms, good mattress, easy access

Big rooms, good mattress, easy access

Staff was very helpful.

Carpet in rooms is just a bad idea. hard to keep clean.

Staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Bang for your buck

No elevator

Dated but clean. The kids loved the breakfast. There was a wonderful Chinese restaurant in front

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

The breakfast and coffee

Different breakfast item

The breakfast and coffee

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

Nothing, it was average, everything operated okay.

Paper thin walls. Clientelle. Felt unsafe with room doors facing outward like a motel and could hear everything on the street.

Nothing, it was average, everything operated okay.

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

Large master bedroom is like a suite or a small apartment.

Staff at front desk very "relaxed".

Large master bedroom is like a suite or a small apartment. Breakfast was hearty and good basic choices between cereal, hot eggs and sausage, waffle, pancakes, juices, milk - pleasantly surprised.

There are also 69 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!